IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , J. Leroy Hulsey , wtc 7

Old 2nd December 2015, 03:46 PM   #321
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
At best, any other failure mechanism would have inherent delays which would cause a major topple or a dramatic gradually distorted building failure.
As i remarked on another snippet. You basically don't know what you're talking about. The transition from localized failure to global failure of the structural system isn't time dependent. Its load dependent, and that dependency further breaks down to load type, path, and magnitude and they're interelated. These factors rely on understanding how the design works which youre completely skipping in your effort to rationalize "CD" as the only explainable mechanism
Old 2nd December 2015, 03:57 PM   #322
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
Did he now?

Freefall, no freefall, freefall.
Is that Chandler's best graph? What point is he tracking there?
Source?
Thx.

ETA: Answering my own question: Yes. David Chandler's most recent (5 years ago) video with original work analysing the WTC7 descent starts off with that graphic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP4_8s-2Gmc&t=5

And this is the video where he shows how he derived that graph:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVCDpL4Ax7I
He measured the NW corner (the bit that started to descend last and thus accelerated the most)

Indeed he has about 0.8 seconds of descent at considerably less than g. That's roughly 24 frames. The effect I described in my previous post does not work for that many frames.

Chandler's data shows that the fall did not start with immediate freefall. Tony Szamboti lied when he wrote this:
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Chandler's graph for WTC 7 shows a short flat line of zero velocity because he started the program before the building started coming down so he would not miss anything.

Once the building is moving in his measurement it is in free fall right from the start.

Last edited by Oystein; 2nd December 2015 at 04:26 PM. Reason: ETA
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2015, 04:21 PM   #323
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Is that Chandler's best graph? What point is he tracking there?
Source?
Thx.
Aren't we revisiting old ground?

Why review the Chandler data yet again? Especially when we are familiar with femr2's higher quality work?
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2015, 04:26 PM   #324
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Aren't we revisiting old ground?

Why review the Chandler data yet again? Especially when we are familiar with femr2's higher quality work?
To show evidence in place right here that Tony Szamboti lied to us. See the ETA to my last post.
Old 2nd December 2015, 04:27 PM   #325
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

To show evidence in place right here that Tony Szamboti lied to us. See the ETA to my last post.
Again............why are we going over this old ground...

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2015, 04:30 PM   #326
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Again............why are we going over this old ground...
Everything has been said, but not yet by everyone
Old 2nd December 2015, 05:35 PM   #327
ozeco41
Philosopher

I understand now where you are coming from. IMO the more important issue is not the accusation of explicit lie - rather Tony's avoidance of the main thrust of Gamolon's question which was:
Can you explain something.

How come freefall acceleration did not start immediately upon this supposed simultaneous/synchronized/8 floor demolition? Chandler's graph shows a short period of non-freefall right before the actual freefall.
That - IMO - is the key question which Tony avoided.

And "early motion" was clearly demonstrated by femr's work.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2015, 07:24 PM   #328
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Add to this they choose to start "questioning" the collapse half way through while ignoring what has already happened. It's like I cut the legs off the table and they only look with wonder after I drop it. How could it fall so fast.....................
Not quite. They're specific about claiming that fire/debris damage was too small and sporadic to be fatal. That's how they "skip" half of the past tense; they don't think it's relevant. They assess severity by external appearance, and don't have the mentality to evaluate the circumstances from a design/engineering philosophy; that's all.

Speaking of cause/effect - there's been a distinct lack of comprehending the relationship for many years. Case in point, we're still dealing with the squibs argument; apparently it's insane to think that air could be forced out by pressure imposed by the falling mass inside the building yet it's still perfectly sane to conclude that explosive devices attached to the structural elements detonating were ejecting material but producing no characteristic sounds that every other controlled demolition in history (using explosives) exhibits, and apparently being "damage-less" because there is absolutely no visual record showing connection failures consistent with explosive impulse to the scale that "CD" advocates claim were implemented. There's no video or sound record corresponding with the collapse times to associate the ejecta with either.

Enough commentary of course.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 2nd December 2015 at 07:26 PM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2015, 08:35 PM   #329
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Not quite. They're specific about claiming that fire/debris damage was too small and sporadic to be fatal. That's how they "skip" half of the past tense; they don't think it's relevant. They assess severity by external appearance, and don't have the mentality to evaluate the circumstances from a design/engineering philosophy; that's all.
Mentality OR motive I suggest. Whether WTC7 or WTC1/WTC2 any understanding what really happened works strongly against their need to assume that there was CD.

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Speaking of cause/effect - there's been a distinct lack of comprehending the relationship for many years. Case in point, we're still dealing with the squibs argument; apparently it's insane to think that air could be forced out by pressure imposed by the falling mass...
Yes BUT... at least in that situation there is little misunderstanding from the debunker side. Squibs remain a truther fantasy NOT shared by debunkers

Two other big issues show lack of comprehending on both sides - and lengthy tedious debates with both sides accepting the truther false or unproven false scenario. They are:

1) For WTC1/2 - whilst debunkers generally are clear that Bazant and Zhou's Limit Case mechanism was not real and could not be applied literally - many still accept the "drop to impact" concept - even tho that did not happen - it was "scrunch down and keep going into ROOSD".

2) Specific to this thread on WTC7 - the Szamboti arguments about girder walk off are premised on an assumption that the columns and wider structure were "pristine" - not affected by heat. Status of that assumption remains "unproven" and almost certainly wrong AFAIK. Even tho a lot of debate has accepted the Szamboti assumption.

That is one aspect where I will be interested to see if Hulsey et al avoid the trap.

Last edited by ozeco41; 2nd December 2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 2nd December 2015, 09:13 PM   #330
HotRodDeluxe
Muse

I welcome this initiative, but I don't trust AE911T to present the findings accurately.
HotRodDeluxe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:28 PM   #331
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by HotRodDeluxe View Post
I welcome this initiative, but I don't trust AE911T to present the findings accurately.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 01:25 AM   #332
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I understand now where you are coming from. IMO the more important issue is not the accusation of explicit lie - rather Tony's avoidance of the main thrust of Gamolon's question which was:
Originally Posted by Gamolon
How come freefall acceleration did not start immediately upon this supposed simultaneous/synchronized/8 floor demolition? Chandler's graph shows a short period of non-freefall right before the actual freefall.
Tony did not avoid that question - he denied its premise, contrary to fact, by pointing very specifically to a detail of the data in question - and misrepresenting it. It is difficult to see how he could not be very much aware of the fact that Chandler had almost a second of non-freefall after all these years. I conclude a very deliberate and malevolent act of conscious misrepresentation, a.k.a. "lie".
Old 3rd December 2015, 03:09 AM   #333
Spanx
Master Poster

You need to remember that in Tony and AE911truths world they start with the conclusion that explosives were present. The evidence of explosives should be the starting point which of course is the part being avoided.

The mechanism of the collapse is pointless until you have found the cause, fire doesn't even enter into it when it is the most clearly visible aspect to look into.
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 06:47 AM   #334
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
You need to remember that in Tony and AE911truths world they start with the conclusion that explosives were present. The evidence of explosives should be the starting point which of course is the part being avoided.

The mechanism of the collapse is pointless until you have found the cause, fire doesn't even enter into it when it is the most clearly visible aspect to look into.
This may be true... but they also have asserted that the twins were destroyed by CD all the way down... not just the initiation.

They still can't accept that the lightweight concrete slabs and the drywall in a huge building collapse would be rendered to dust... along with most "weak" materials. They expect to see a messy pile of building materials and contents if a building collapses.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 07:37 AM   #335
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by HotRodDeluxe View Post
Trust is a rare commodity when you are on the opposite side of a serious argument.

Hopefully Dr. J. Leroy Hulsey, knowing that the details of his WTC7 collapse simulation must be transparent and subjected to intense scrutiny, will carefully oversee how AE911T presents his findings.

I am sure you and others will have ample opportunity to jump all over any significant mistakes, if he makes any.

Hopefully you will also give credit where credit is due, if you find his work to be beyond reproach.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 07:54 AM   #336
Spanx
Master Poster

Trust is a rare commodity when you are on the opposite side of a serious argument.

Hopefully Dr. J. Leroy Hulsey, knowing that the details of his WTC7 collapse simulation must be transparent and subjected to intense scrutiny, will carefully oversee how AE911T presents his findings.

I am sure you and others will have ample opportunity to jump all over any significant mistakes, if he makes any.

Hopefully you will also give credit where credit is due, if you find his work to be beyond reproach.
Which make you wonder why he needs to team up with AE911 truth to present his findings ? And how he will have any control over how AE911 truth will present his findings.

There seems to be so many versions of events from no planes to the occurrence of iron microspheres..........etc
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 08:16 AM   #337
Gamolon
Master Poster

Can someone explain something to me please?

Here is a quote from Tony:
You cannot have a natural collapse without deceleration.
If I look at the individual points in Chandler's graph I posted above, I see both an increase and decrease between plotted points. Is Tony ignoring the fact that at some points the roofline SLOWED down compared to some of the previous plotted points? Is this why he and others insists on using the AVERAGE of those points in order to avoid the truth hidden in the graph?
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 08:49 AM   #338
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

If I look at the individual points in Chandler's graph I posted above, I see both an increase and decrease between plotted points. Is Tony ignoring the fact that at some points the roofline SLOWED down compared to some of the previous plotted points? Is this why he and others insists on using the AVERAGE of those points in order to avoid the truth hidden in the graph?
Free fall is a bumpy ride?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 08:52 AM   #339
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
Which make you wonder why he needs to team up with AE911 truth to present his findings ? And how he will have any control over how AE911 truth will present his findings.

There seems to be so many versions of events from no planes to the occurrence of iron microspheres..........etc
Not everyone has deep pockets like yourself.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 08:53 AM   #340
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

The graph is of velocity against time, so a deceleration would show as a point being above the previous point. So far as I can see (show me an example if I'm wrong, please) each point is either at the same level or at a lower level than the previous point, so there is no actual deceleration, though the acceleration (given by how much each point is below the one before it) varies quite a bit, particularly at the beginning of the graph where Tony claimed the acceleration was constant.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:01 AM   #341
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
The graph is of velocity against time, so a deceleration would show as a point being above the previous point. So far as I can see (show me an example if I'm wrong, please) each point is either at the same level or at a lower level than the previous point, so there is no actual deceleration, though the acceleration (given by how much each point is below the one before it) varies quite a bit, particularly at the beginning of the graph where Tony claimed the acceleration was constant.

Dave
Same story with the NIST graph, apart from a single point at 1.75secs
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:04 AM   #342
Gamolon
Master Poster

In regards to my post above, why does Tony choose the average of the plotted points as shown here...

...but chooses to ignore the individual points in the graph showing deceleration here with the red lines?

Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:11 AM   #343
Criteria
Critical Thinker

If I look at the individual points in Chandler's graph I posted not posted above, I see both an increase and decrease between plotted points.

Is Tony ignoring the fact that at some points the roofline SLOWED down compared to some of the previous plotted points?

Is this why he and others insists on using the AVERAGE of those points in order to avoid the truth hidden in the graph?
FTFY

And what possible significance can you place on extremely minor measurement variations recorded for that non-laboratory timed event, which had a total span of only a few seconds?
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:23 AM   #344
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

In regards to my post above, why does Tony choose the average of the plotted points as shown here...
...but chooses to ignore the individual points in the graph showing deceleration here with the red lines?
The regions you're talking about don't show deceleration; they show acceleration, but less than the steeper sections. And, to be fair, the fact that they're all about the same slope suggests to me that this is a mix of noise and discretisation error. If Chandler's counting pixels, his approach may only measure velocity in steps, in which case you'd expect some variation if the velocity change isn't an exact number of steps for each point. But it's certainly a stretch, to put it mildly, to say that this graph shows constant acceleration from the moment of collapse initiation; it obviously doesn't.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:26 AM   #345
Dave Rogers

And what possible significance can you place on extremely minor measurement variations recorded for that non-laboratory timed event, which had a total span of only a few seconds?
Ask Tony. He's the one claiming that the absence of these minor variations is evidence of explosives, despite the fact that he can see them right under his nose. As usual, he's pretending evidence isn't there because he thinks it weakens his case if he admits it exists.

Dave

Old 3rd December 2015, 09:28 AM   #346
Spanx
Master Poster

Not everyone has deep pockets like yourself.
All those fundraisers produced nothing or at least nothing towards an investigation ? I am happy to be corrected on that if you can produce evidence.
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:25 AM   #347
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Ask Tony. He's the one claiming that the absence of these minor variations is evidence of explosives, despite the fact that he can see them right under his nose.

As usual, he's pretending evidence isn't there because he thinks it weakens his case if he admits it exists.

Dave
I’ve looked through this thread and have not found any post by Mr. Szamboti that matches your spin.

What I see are plot variations which are so minor, that they are not worthy of consideration.

There are certainly no time deviations dramatic enough to suggest that WTC7 was meeting enough resistance to argue against freefall.
”..And, to be fair, the fact that they're all about the same slope suggests to me that this is a mix of noise and discretisation error… “
Surely Mister Rogers you are not back to disputing both Mr. Szamboti and the NIST regarding the proof that WTC7 sustained 8 storeys of freefall?
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:35 AM   #348
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

FTFY

Not sure what that means. Are you complaining about the quality of the recorded measurements?
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:00 AM   #349
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

FTFY
I don't know about anyone else, but I've long since stopped wasting time trying to figure out what you "fixed" when you do that, much less why. Surely there's a clearer way to express yourself, but if you're gonna do it, please at least strike out what you're "fixing."
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:39 AM   #350
Dave Rogers

I’ve looked through this thread and have not found any post by Mr. Szamboti that matches your spin.
Well, the best way not to find what you don't want to find is not to look all that hard.

Chandler's graph for WTC 7 shows a short flat line of zero velocity because he started the program before the building started coming down so he would not miss anything.

Once the building is moving in his measurement it is in free fall right from the start.
Whereas we actually see (a) the building has an initial, and apparently significant, period of constant velocity fall, and (b) the acceleration appears on the graph to vary quite considerably rather than being "in free fall right from the start".

What I see are plot variations which are so minor, that they are not worthy of consideration.

There are certainly no time deviations dramatic enough to suggest that WTC7 was meeting enough resistance to argue against freefall.
It's painfully obvious from the graph that Tony's claims about what the graph says are wrong. As usual with Tony's lies, he doesn't actually need to tell them, because they don't help his case; but he lied, not about the actual movement of WTC7, but about what the graph shows.

Surely Mister Rogers you are not back to disputing both Mr. Szamboti and the NIST regarding the proof that WTC7 sustained 8 storeys of freefall?
The fact that you reached the above conclusion from a statement that basically agreed with a part of your original point, specifically that the later deviations from linearity are not significant, indicates that you don't have the faintest clue what's going on here. I don't feel like explaining it to you yet, so please give me a good laugh with your next statement of indignant misunderstanding.

Dave

ETA: I think I've found a new way to confuse truthers. Agree with a minor and insignificant point they've made, and they'll be so obsessed with disagreeing with debunkers that they'll immediately disagree with themselves. Try it, folks!

Last edited by Dave Rogers; 3rd December 2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:34 PM   #351
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

ETA: I think I've found a new way to confuse truthers. Agree with a minor and insignificant point they've made, and they'll be so obsessed with disagreeing with debunkers that they'll immediately disagree with themselves. Try it, folks!
I saw a chance for that earlier, with Criteria, but I lost my nerve. That's the kind of thing that can cause an implosion of space-time.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 02:00 PM   #352
pgimeno
Illuminator

WTC 7 had 58 perimeter columns and 25 core columns.

Freefall as observed in the video record showed the NE corner dropping in sync with the SW and NW corners. 83 columns do not ’snap’ at the same time unless they all face an overwhelming lateral or vertical force at the same time.
They didn't. Core fell first, so about 58 failed at about the same time (or about 21 if we follow JSanderO's explanation). And FTFY, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgucy_b5FKk for an example of simultaneous or near-simultaneous failure due to vertical overload.

The core pulled from the perimeter as it fell, causing it to overload and causing the "kink" (which is mostly north-south and a little up-down). Pretty basic.

There is nothing desperate about arguing that CD was the cause. It is the only logical explanation.
There's flawed logic in your 'logical' explanation.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 02:25 PM   #353
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Does anyone know what kind of hardware the university has available to run a FEA that is "more complete" then the NIST?

I know we've come a long way in the 10 years since the NIST did theirs but, it's still a very big job.

I've looked through the study site but, haven't found any specifics.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 02:31 PM   #354
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Actually he already has. Do you agree with his statement that "steel is a very fire resistant material" in the context of building structure?

Also his comment about building seven "not being hit by a plane". Who cares about this fact when starting a forensic collapse study? You don't find this to indicate a bias on his part?

Old 3rd December 2015, 03:14 PM   #355
ozeco41
Philosopher

Does anyone know what kind of hardware the university has available to run a FEA that is "more complete" then the NIST?

I know we've come a long way in the 10 years since the NIST did theirs but, it's still a very big job.

I've looked through the study site but, haven't found any specifics.
Neither hardware nor software are likely to set the limits.

IMNSHO the limiting factors will be ability to define loads and temperatures. The temperature prediction stuff probably an order of magnitude less reliable than the loading and redistribution aspects - the "conventional engineering" stuff before the temperature effects are overlaid.

I doubt we will ever get anything MORE plausible than what NIST did. And certainly not on a "Two PhD students' dissertations" level of resourcing. We may see alternate plausibles identified.

Since the AE911Truth assertions are pure nonsense the outcomes will either indicate that NIST was plausible and/or identify some other plausibles OR agree with AE911. I cannot see any university process following the latter.

And none of that will matter - AE911 will spin it dishonestly no matter what the findings.
Old 3rd December 2015, 03:27 PM   #356
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Neither hardware nor software are likely to set the limits.
I understand that but, do they have the capabilities if they somehow do have the abilities to enter equal or greater data than the NIST?

IMNSHO the limiting factors will be ability to define loads and temperatures. The temperature prediction stuff probably an order of magnitude less reliable than the loading and redistribution aspects - the "conventional engineering" stuff before the temperature effects are overlaid.
Most of this can be taken from the NIST reports (yes it's all there). As far as fire damage goes the NIST inputs were always seen as conservative by relevant professionals or seen as far too conservative by many (James Quintiere being the most vocal).

Old 3rd December 2015, 03:29 PM   #357
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Notconvinced View Post
Not odd JD, I work approx 60hrs a week consistently, the majority in a field where my focus is necessarily elsewhere. I'll post some video when I carve out the time.
As for the first and third parts, I simply don't believe you. I don't believe that you work 60 hours and I don't believe that you will ever post a video to back your claims.

As for the highlighted part, what exactly are you trying to say? You work the majority of your 60 hours in a field where your focus is ... where?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 05:24 PM   #358
Criteria
Critical Thinker

”If I look at the individual points in Chandler's graph I posted not posted above, I see both an increase and decrease between plotted points.

Is Tony ignoring the fact that at some points the roofline SLOWED down compared to some of the previous plotted points?

Is this why he and others insists on using the AVERAGE of those points in order to avoid the truth hidden in the graph?
Ask Tony. He's the one claiming that the absence of these minor variations is evidence of explosives, despite the fact that he can see them right under his nose.

As usual, he's pretending evidence isn't there because he thinks it weakens his case if he admits it exists.

Dave
Well, the best way not to find what you don't want to find is not to look all that hard.

Whereas we actually see (a) the building has an initial, and apparently significant, period of constant velocity fall, and (b) the acceleration appears on the graph to vary quite considerably rather than being "in free fall right from the start”.
Sorry about all the re-quoting but the context is important. The original poster Gamolon, failed to include the graph he was referring to. I presumed he was talking about the primary data points, and particularly those that clearly showed the seconds of freefall.

Mr. Szamboti explained that the program was placed in run mode before Mr. Chandler starts the video. The video was parked at the point closest to where WTC7 began to drop. The data that you and Gamolon are so intrigued by is just the program free-running while it awaits the change from FREEZE to PLAY of the incoming video.

The magenta vertical line shows the start point where the video went into PLAY.

It's painfully obvious from the graph that Tony's claims about what the graph says are wrong. As usual with Tony's lies, he doesn't actually need to tell them, because they don't help his case; but he lied, not about the actual movement of WTC7, but about what the graph shows.
You clearly do not have a clue as to how the Physics Toolkit software functions.

I know it would pain you to do so, but I suggest you watch his video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkqL...Q&spfreload=10

Start around 10:10.

Surely Mr. Rogers you are not back to disputing both Mr. Szamboti and the NIST regarding the proof that WTC7 sustained 8 storeys of freefall?
The fact that you reached the above conclusion from a statement that basically agreed with a part of your original point, specifically that the later deviations from linearity are not significant, indicates that you don't have the faintest clue what's going on here. I don't feel like explaining it to you yet, so please give me a good laugh with your next statement of indignant misunderstanding.

Dave

ETA: I think I've found a new way to confuse truthers. Agree with a minor and insignificant point they've made, and they'll be so obsessed with disagreeing with debunkers that they'll immediately disagree with themselves. Try it, folks![/quote]

Even the NIST was forced to agree with the free fall conclusion derived from that chart. You should be embarrassed by your lack of understanding Mr. Rogers.
Old 3rd December 2015, 05:25 PM   #359
ozeco41
Philosopher

I understand that but, do they have the capabilities if they somehow do have the abilities to enter equal or greater data than the NIST?
I'm not sure we are on exactly the same track. BUT conceptual brainpower IMO will be the limiting resource - long before the hardware or software cuts in as a limit. And the validity of the existing data is IMO another real limit...we are on different perspectives with that one - see my comments on your next bit.

Most of this can be taken from the NIST reports (yes it's all there). As far as fire damage goes the NIST inputs were always seen as conservative by relevant professionals or seen as far too conservative by many (James Quintiere being the most vocal).
That is one aspect of the issue of definition that I am suggesting is the problem. Is the NIST "data" good enough as a basis for seeking alternative explanations? I seriously doubt it - and tho you express it differently - I think your comments about "conservative" are pointing at the same area as I am trying to explain.

Keeping it as simple as I can for purposes of explanation only - IF they take a less conservative approach to the temperature dynamics - will it lead to a different mode of structural failure?

That could well be true - wouldn't surprise me if it did. It is a sort of "sensitivity analysis" review.

And the difference needed to get to that point is in the level of applied brainpower making the choices on conservatism. That is a layer or two higher up the issue taxonomy than crunching the numbers. And picking the right numbers to crunch lies intermediate between them. Problem definition - and failure to identify errant definitions - is an ongoing issue causing confusion in WTC collapse debate. Look how many times debunkers have chased truthers - esp T Sz - down rabbit burrows following his false definition of problem. And PA'ed persons like me who dare to suggest "you are falling for his trap" OR "he has falsely defined the starting scenario - why follow his error?".

So put very simply (I think ) are they clever enough to validly redefine the problem RATHER than simply and blindly redoing a few FEA's? We've seen a lot of "Blind application of FEA" on these forums - It would be great If we saw fundamental reviews of the problem. Revisiting "Drain the Swamp" - even asking "Why Drain the Swamp" - instead of tit-for-tat reacting to alligators teeth.

And I know the risk of using that pair of analogies
Old 3rd December 2015, 05:46 PM   #360
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Even the NIST was forced to agree with the free fall conclusion derived from that chart. ... ]
NIST was not forced to agree with anything; it was in their data. 911 truth, makes up BS like forced NIST, and other silly BS.

The lack of understanding is found with 911 truth, no math, no physics, just BS. With the interior collapsing 16 to 12 second prior to the facade falling, and the tracking of a single point; a single point, is not the system falling for WTC 7. Big fail. The near free-fall segment is used by 911 truth support the insane claim of CD, it proves the interior had failed many seconds before.

Like Bigfoot, CD has no evidence, only illusions which are no in the delusional stage of BS based on woo. Got some evidence for CD? No, 911 truth has no evidence for any claims; never will.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories