IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Closed Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 11:39 AM   #3881
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Bigfootery has been very slow and boring
The golden years of Bigfootery are over, imho. During 2007-2010/11 it was almost thriving, but now it's a bit lackluster. I've certainly lost all interest in following the news on it. Just the same boring nonsense with nobody trying hard enough. Where are all the Freemans of the world?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 02:31 PM   #3882
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Nothing like some heat-signature blur-footies to keep the ball rolling; new and unimproved fake evidence from above.

Of course the phone app won't work, because as we all know, ole foo moves much too fast for folks to whip out their phone and . . . wait, I forget.

Hey NL, you gonna add this to the SRA bag of tricks that don't work.
Last summer, they bought two of these:

We used them on our outing last fall. Works really well. Didn't see any squatches but did have a confirmed field mouse sighting.

We are meeting on Tuesday to discuss this years outings. As with previous outings, my offer still stands that I will pay for anyone wanting to join us. Hell, I will even pay for your food. All you need to cover is your cost of getting here. Dates are TBD, but expect late spring and late summer/early fall.

Who wants to have some fun in the woods in northern Minnesota with me?
Old 4th January 2017, 02:35 PM   #3883
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Last summer, they bought two of these:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=11124

We used them on our outing last fall. Works really well. Didn't see any squatches but did have a confirmed field mouse sighting.

We are meeting on Tuesday to discuss this years outings. As with previous outings, my offer still stands that I will pay for anyone wanting to join us. Hell, I will even pay for your food. All you need to cover is your cost of getting here. Dates are TBD, but expect late spring and late summer/early fall.
The nda thing is gonna kinda kill it for most.

Quote:
Who wants to have some fun in the woods in northern Minnesota with me?
Slow down cowboy, you might want to take someone out for coffee first.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 02:46 PM   #3884
Northern Lights
Muse

The nda thing is gonna kinda kill it for most.
The only thing the NDA states is you won't disclose the exact location. Everything else is wide open. You can talk about anything you want, you own the pictures and video, you can mock and ridicule us to your hearts content.

If that is the only thing that is keeping you from coming then you are looking for excuses.
Old 4th January 2017, 03:01 PM   #3885
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

The only thing the NDA states is you won't disclose the exact location. Everything else is wide open. You can talk about anything you want, you own the pictures and video, you can mock and ridicule us to your hearts content.

If that is the only thing that is keeping you from coming then you are looking for excuses.
The exact location is an integral part of it. How can one properly mock the idea of looking for footie in some grown-over Minnesota back 40 without revealing the location and why it's absolutely ridiculous to imagine a sooper-seekrit 6 to 9-ft bipedal monkey traipsing about there?

I see nothing to be gained by attending such a thing; perhaps others here might be amenable to your generous offer though. Giving you the benefit of a doubt, I think it's pretty classy offer.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 4th January 2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: english
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 03:55 PM   #3886
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Bigfoot sniper's skills appear limitless:
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...rvival/&page=9
Quote:
I looked at the basic premise of the Falcon operation, and in my opinion - it was flawed for a number of reasons.

I was a hot-air balloon pilot, and had an AX-8 balloon - a six-man balloon. When flying, every cow for miles around was moo-ing, and every dog within miles was barking furiously. One might think the overhead approach would be the way to go, but it sure upset the local animal population. I made the mistake of flying over a long, wide steel building one day, and had no idea it was a dairy farm - and as cows came flying out and running around, the two men that came out shaking their fists at me - suggested I'd screwed up their milking process.

I was always very limited in usage, as the winds had to be gentle - very gentle.

I don't know where they planned on using their dual envelope 35-footer, but I can assure you it would have been of very limited use. In mountains - they are really tricky and given to sudden bursts of winds from multiple directions, including some very strong downdrafts.

Then I saw that they planned on using a pretty good sized ground force. Another bad idea. They weren't going to get near these things.

WS
Old 4th January 2017, 04:00 PM   #3887
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

What is the text of the NDA?
Old 4th January 2017, 05:51 PM   #3888
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I can have fun in the woods nearby, without being surrounded by people looking for giant monkeys.

I'm sure that if I were camping with people who believe giant undetectable apes are in the area, that I'd just have to leave as soon as they started talking about them.

I can hear the claims already...

I would be uncomfortable and uneasy camping with people who believe in giant monkeys, anyway.

Let alone giant monkeys who throw candy...or pigs...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 06:58 PM   #3889
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

Any chance you're having an "expedition" on or after the grouse opener?
Id like to have something to show for my drive and the missed days of work.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2017, 09:24 PM   #3890
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Any chance you're having an "expedition" on or after the grouse opener?
Id like to have something to show for my drive and the missed days of work.
Oooh, a cast-n-blast. Blast the pa'tridges and cast the footie prints.

WS
Old 5th January 2017, 05:40 AM   #3891
Drewbot
Philosopher

FYI, the first thing I would do, is send my GPS coords to someone.

"Hey honey, i'm going out in the woods with some Bigfoot believers."

"OK, LOL, drink a few for me, oh, and send me your location in case I don't hear from you."

"Uhh, well I signed an NDA, and can't tell you that. It's Northern Minnesota-ish."
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 07:25 AM   #3892
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Why an nda anyway? To protect the landowner?

Hey NL, do the landowners know what's afoot on these expeditions of yours?

WS
Old 5th January 2017, 08:23 AM   #3893
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I think the landowner must either be making money off the trips, or in the dark about them.

Most of bigfootery peels down to money.

Some peels down to other perceived benefits like acceptance and a feeling of importance.

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 08:35 AM   #3894
Northern Lights
Muse

The location we've gone to the last couple of years has been on public land. The NDA is our best attempt to prevent anyone trying to hoax us, which has happened at previous BFRO outings.

The private land where I had my thermal sightings, we haven't been able to get back there for several years because of various reasons. The owner won't let anyone in except a very select few, which I happen to be one of. Hoping to get back this year.

When the owner first came forward several years ago, the backlash was significant. Both within the community and internet harassment. As more and more individuals have come forward with sighting reports, the community has become much more accepting and the owner no longer has any issues. We did a town hall presentation and had over 120 people attend. Last year a small community self proclaimed it the Home of Bigfoot and they had a festival which was pretty well attended. I believe BigfootBookMan was there. http://www.homeofbigfoot.com/
Old 5th January 2017, 08:39 AM   #3895
Drewbot
Philosopher

1. Has the owner been named OFFICIAL AMBASSADOR TO BIGFOOT , by the town yet?

2. Has the town commissioned the "BIGFOOT HUCKING A GOOD N PLENTY AT THE BIGFOOTERS" statue in the town center yet?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 09:20 AM   #3896
Drewbot
Philosopher

I heard the sculptor ripped off the Joe Louis arm statue in Downtown Detroit.

Joe Louis Arm: http://www.blacksnowcomic.com/blog1/...ouis-the-fist/
Old 5th January 2017, 09:27 AM   #3897
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

DP

Last edited by LTC8K6; 5th January 2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 5th January 2017, 10:07 AM   #3898
kmortis
Biomechanoid
Director of IDIOCY (Region 13)

Mod Info This thread has become lengthy so a continuation thread has been opened HERE. As always, the split point is arbitrary and participants are free to quote from this thread into the new one.
Posted By:kmortis
- Aberhaten's Apothegm™ - An Internet law that states that optimism is indistinguishable from sarcasm
kmortis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal