IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 5th January 2017, 09:28 AM   #1
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Bigfoot Follies: part trois

Mod InfoThis is a continuation from the previous thread which can be found HERE. As always, the split point is arbitrary and participants are free to quote from the previous thread into this one.
Posted By:kmortis

Well, there's really no way the site is any sort of secret, though.

Anyone who wants to find the place can certainly do so.

The NDA is just another part of the game and a way to feel like you are doing something important and "sciency".

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by kmortis; 5th January 2017 at 10:06 AM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 09:47 AM   #2
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
The location we've gone to the last couple of years has been on public land. The NDA is our best attempt to prevent anyone trying to hoax us, which has happened at previous BFRO outings.
Does the DNR acknowledge footies on the public land? As far as hoaxing goes, it's pretty much the only thing one can count on in bigfootery.

Quote:
The private land where I had my thermal sightings, we haven't been able to get back there for several years because of various reasons. The owner won't let anyone in except a very select few, which I happen to be one of. Hoping to get back this year.
That the owner is willing to let you back on his land tells you he doesn't believe footie is hanging around. Why would he let you in on such a cash cow?

Quote:
When the owner first came forward several years ago, the backlash was significant. Both within the community and internet harassment. As more and more individuals have come forward with sighting reports, the community has become much more accepting and the owner no longer has any issues. We did a town hall presentation and had over 120 people attend. Last year a small community self proclaimed it the Home of Bigfoot and they had a festival which was pretty well attended. I believe BigfootBookMan was there. http://www.homeofbigfoot.com/
Bigfoot entrepreneurship. ****, the Musky Festival in Hayward WI draws thousands every year; of course, a musky is a real thing, so there's that.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 10:55 AM   #3
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Bumping for NL's benefit:

Originally Posted by Garrette
The only thing the NDA states is you won't disclose the exact location. Everything else is wide open. You can talk about anything you want, you own the pictures and video, you can mock and ridicule us to your hearts content.

If that is the only thing that is keeping you from coming then you are looking for excuses.
What is the text of the NDA?
Old 5th January 2017, 11:36 AM   #4
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Does the DNR acknowledge footies on the public land?

That the owner is willing to let you back on his land tells you he doesn't believe footie is hanging around. Why would he let you in on such a cash cow?
No, the DNR does not acknowledge on the record.

The land owner and family have had multiple daylight encounters with the squatches on the property. They want absolutely nothing to do with the Bigfoot community. They only trust a few of us onto their land. They've been burned before.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:55 AM   #5
Drewbot
Philosopher

Are you insinuating that off the record, they acknowledge it?

or are you saying that, they have all told you that they do not acknowledge it, and there are no off the record acknowledgements?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 11:56 AM   #6
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Bumping for NL's benefit:
I am not required to sign one, so I don't have it. Why do you want it? Considering coming?
Old 5th January 2017, 12:01 PM   #7
The Shrike
Philosopher

Oh goodie-gum drops - we've moved on to page trois!

Well I followed the info about Remer and its environs. It looks awful green around there on the Google Maps.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 12:02 PM   #8
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Nor off the record, I imagine.

Quote:
The land owner and family have had multiple daylight encounters with the squatches on the property. They want absolutely nothing to do with the Bigfoot community. They only trust a few of us onto their land. They've been burned before.
They have zero squatches on their property; I know this because they behave as if they have no squatches on the property. Unless they are stupid beyond belief, they'd know a new Hominid would be one of the biggest discoveries of all time.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 12:06 PM   #9
Drewbot
Philosopher

NL, have you looked at the NDA to see if it has any legal sway over someone divulging a place on public land?

What would your legal recourse be? Don't you have to be able to quantify damages if you were to try to sue someone for breach?

If someone revealed the location, on public land, of this huge secret, what would you be able to claim?

For example, if I was going on an expedition to prove the existence of Dragons in Central Park, NYC, and I made someone sign a NDA, what damages would I be able to claim in my lawsuit to enforce such an NDA if the person spilt the beans?

Would this person's breach falsely make me look crazy?
Would this person's breach have caused me monetary damages?
Would thousands of new Dragon researchers descending upon this spot, for which I have no claim, cause me monetary harm?

What are they unable to disclose? The location where NO BIGFOOTS were located? Hypothetical Facebook Post: "Just left Raccoon Mountain in Minnesota, Zero Bigfoots here." would that be in violation?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 12:16 PM   #10
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Oh goodie-gum drops - we've moved on to page trois!

Well I followed the info about Remer and its environs. It looks awful green around there on the Google Maps.
Over by Leech Lake dere, where Gaear Grimsrud stuffed Carl Showalter in the chipper.

WS
Old 5th January 2017, 12:32 PM   #11
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Are you insinuating that off the record, they acknowledge it?

or are you saying that, they have all told you that they do not acknowledge it, and there are no off the record acknowledgements?

Oh boy.....let me guess multiple sightings of monkey man at the same location, that a Bigfoot researcher has exclusive access to....hmmmm.

Where have I heard this story before?
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 12:55 PM   #12
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Oh boy.....let me guess multiple sightings of monkey man at the same location, that a Bigfoot researcher has exclusive access to....hmmmm.

Where have I heard this story before?
MRP, NAWAC, PANCAKE INCIDENT PLACE, etc...

We know Bigfooters have to have exclusivity, because if there isn't, then we get the soap opera shenanigans we saw at Bossburg.
Old 5th January 2017, 01:34 PM   #13
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

I am not required to sign one, so I don't have it. Why do you want it? Considering coming?
Considering, yes, and in seriousness, though the likelihood is remote, I admit.

I will progress no further in considering it, though, without foreknowledge of all the requirements on my part, and the NDA is one of them.

Do you have access to it?
Old 5th January 2017, 01:34 PM   #14
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

As soon as any objective observers arrive, bigfoot leaves.

Bigfoot only hangs around or harasses believers.

Bigfoot instinctively knows that you don't believe in him, and he avoids all forms of contact.

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 03:15 PM   #15
The Shrike
Philosopher

If you follow NL's link, the History section tells of people seeing bigfoots there so often 100 years ago that it wouldn't even necessarily merit mention when you greeted passersby. Sounds kinda like today that if I saw a deer I'd not proclaim that news to anyone but if someone started a conversation about them the news that I saw one might then come up. So . . . bigfootses in that community then were evidently as conspicuous as White-tailed Deer are across most of their range today, applying the word evidently as loosely as possible of course.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 03:28 PM   #16
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

If you follow NL's link, the History section tells of people seeing bigfoots there so often 100 years ago that it wouldn't even necessarily merit mention when you greeted passersby. Sounds kinda like today that if I saw a deer I'd not proclaim that news to anyone but if someone started a conversation about them the news that I saw one might then come up. So . . . bigfootses in that community then were evidently as conspicuous as White-tailed Deer are across most of their range today, applying the word evidently as loosely as possible of course.
Yeah, evidently they called them bigfoot too. And here I thought that was a more modern moniker.

WS
Old 5th January 2017, 03:34 PM   #17
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

The land owner and family have had multiple daylight encounters with the squatches on the property.
Anyone would think that they'd take advantage of such supposedly rare occurrences happening over and over in broad daylight by, I don't know, taking pictures or film recordings, y'know, to earn themselves the reputation of being the first people on Earth to prove the existence of giant ape-men?

Perish the thought, it's just a normal every day thing for these simple folk. They pay no mind to witnessing giant ape-men in broad daylight, y'know, cos they've got stuff to do...

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 03:39 PM   #18
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

They only trust a few of us onto their land. They've been burned before.
So what the hell are you guys even doing on their land if you're still unable to deliver literally any proof of the existence of giant ape-men? lol.

"Look, there's a Squatch, in plain sight, in broad daylight! Quick, get the camera! Ah, shucks, he just made off into those trees, what're the chances of that?"

Any day now, eh?

Fingers crossed!

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 03:46 PM   #19
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
As soon as any objective observers arrive, bigfoot leaves.

Bigfoot only hangs around or harasses believers.

Bigfoot instinctively knows that you don't believe in him, and he avoids all forms of contact.
He sees you when you're sleeping, and he knows when you're awake.

He knows if you believe or not, so believe, for goodness sake!

Considering the fact that this amazingly rare species of giant hominid seems to confuse its own species' communications with those of a few rag-tag part-time weekend-adventurists, it's an absolute mystery why we're here, in the year 2017, with about as much evidence for Bigfoot being real as we have for Bigfoot being Santa Claus, which is "sod-all."

Old 5th January 2017, 04:07 PM   #20
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...fer/374691971/
Quote:
Like a lot of small towns across the state, tiny Remer continually looks for ways to draw people to its community of 370 residents, midway between the upscale resorts of Brainerd Lakes and the fishing spots on Leech Lake. The town is just off the tourist trail that brings in seasonal cash for the local main street, so they need something to get noticed . . . Dave DeLost, publisher and editor of the Pine Cone Press-Citizen, points out that Bemidji has its Paul Bunyan and Hackensack has Paul’s girlfriend, Lucette. Little Remer now plans to claim Bigfoot.

“You get out east of Remer and you can walk a long time before you see anything that resembles humanity,” said DeLost. “You’ve got to kind of take it a little tongue-in-cheek. If you want to say it’s a marketing deal, it kind of is.”

WS

Last edited by Resume; 5th January 2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 5th January 2017, 05:23 PM   #21
John Nowak
Graduate Poster

So . . . bigfootses in that community then were evidently as conspicuous as White-tailed Deer...
And I'll bet there's not a single Bigfoot head mounted on someone's wall.

-historian
John Nowak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2017, 11:14 PM   #22
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Over by Leech Lake dere, where Gaear Grimsrud stuffed Carl Showalter in the chipper.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 05:53 AM   #23
Northern Lights
Muse

Considering, yes, and in seriousness, though the likelihood is remote, I admit.

I will progress no further in considering it, though, without foreknowledge of all the requirements on my part, and the NDA is one of them.

Do you have access to it?
I went back through some old emails and found a copy. I would be happy to email it to you if your intentions become something more than remote. Please let me know.
Old 6th January 2017, 05:54 AM   #24
Drewbot
Philosopher

Does it contain any language that requires the signee to remain silent even if they suspect foul play or fraud?
Old 6th January 2017, 06:03 AM   #25
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
So what the hell are you guys even doing on their land if you're still unable to deliver literally any proof of the existence of giant ape-men? lol.

"Look, there's a Squatch, in plain sight, in broad daylight! Quick, get the camera! Ah, shucks, he just made off into those trees, what're the chances of that?"

Any day now, eh?

Fingers crossed!
Warning: NSFW language. Might just be closing in on winning our bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft7nBx9oRl4
Old 6th January 2017, 06:14 AM   #26
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Does it contain any language that requires the signee to remain silent even if they suspect foul play or fraud?
No, it doesn't and I don't think it can. Not a lawyer but I don't think you can sign something that requires anyone to not report illegal activity.
Old 6th January 2017, 06:30 AM   #27
Tolls
Philosopher

Oh dear.
Have you looked at his other vids?
That "mother and cub" one is hilarious.

And the "bigfoot hand" one as well.

Yep...any day now...any day.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 06:55 AM   #28
Drewbot
Philosopher

Yeah... The foot video.

Wow, this is not the video you're looking for.
Old 6th January 2017, 07:05 AM   #29
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

NL would you be willing to disclose the name of the public land the Bigfoots are located.
Having been down this road before with Chris, I'd love to know if it's a national/state park that I have not visited and may have other interest of mine, if I made the trip.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 07:19 AM   #30
Drewbot
Philosopher

The guy, Peter Caine works in Fiberglass and animatronic artwork sculptures.

http://www.derekeller.com/exhibition.../press-release

He is also known as a comedian.

http://www.artweek.com/events/united...-****-walmart#

http://www.lorenmunk.com/writing/peter_cain.html
Quote:
As a child, Peter Caine dreamed of three career paths. One was to be a veterinarian, which he’s pursued through a love of, and caring for, animals. Second was to be a stand-up comedian. He’d stay up late and tape comic routines from the “Johnny Carson Show,” then work up his own acts. Third, after visiting a Van Gogh exhibition, the child Caine knew he wanted to be an artist. (Poor Vincent. If he could see what his work inspired, he might well chop off his other ear.) A fourth career the artist might have picked is cinematographer. Each of his ambitious tableaux is designed with an eye for the dramatic. Characters are cast, the staging is blocked, actions programmed, costumes chosen, props selected, lighting devised, dialogue written and recorded. Smoke and bubble machines, electric balls, antique fans, and mechanical gizmos of all kinds lend the shebang the sensation of a grungy mad professor at work on some diabolical passion play.
Making art is a process, it's like Andy Kaufman, it's so calculated, he wants the viewer to think they are looking at a trainwreck.

All things he says in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOeqnqw56yA

Classic, the bigfooters hitching their hopes to this guy.
Old 6th January 2017, 07:52 AM   #31
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

I went back through some old emails and found a copy. I would be happy to email it to you if your intentions become something more than remote. Please let me know.
Then we are at an impasse, and one I suspect you are intentionally manufacturing. The content of the NDA is a key component of my determination of whether to take this seriously. I am not yanking your chain; I am attempting to determine whether my chain will be yanked.

I have signed many NDAs in my life in both the civilian and government worlds. With rare exception, the NDAs have never been treated as sensitive documents themselves, and I can conceive of no legitimate reason why the NDA for this trip would be one of the exceptions.

Therefore I will ask directly: What is your reasoning for not sharing the NDA now?
Old 6th January 2017, 07:56 AM   #32
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Nice props. He could make a lot of money off of footers.

Old 6th January 2017, 08:03 AM   #33
The Shrike
Philosopher

This guy is extraordinary - thanks for sharing!
Old 6th January 2017, 08:09 AM   #34
dmaker
Graduate Poster

misquote
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 08:10 AM   #35
dmaker
Graduate Poster

You can't be serious.

EDITk, just watched the mother and cub video. Now I know you are just fooling.

Last edited by dmaker; 6th January 2017 at 08:15 AM.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 08:21 AM   #36
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Please tell us all that you realize those videos can't possibly win the bet.

Old 6th January 2017, 08:24 AM   #37
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
You can't be serious.

I hadn't seen the full bigfoot...it's extraordinarily bad. But it looks really bad only because we have a good clear view of it.

It would still fool the footers if taken into the woods and filmed poorly.

Old 6th January 2017, 09:07 AM   #38
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
You can't be serious.

Between his rock on a stump photo, his link to the BLAARGin' Town of Remer, and this fake-foot video, it's clear NL is having some fun with the scofftics. Good for him. It takes the sting out of the no bigfoot reality.

WS
Old 6th January 2017, 09:17 AM   #39
Northern Lights
Muse

Then we are at an impasse, and one I suspect you are intentionally manufacturing. The content of the NDA is a key component of my determination of whether to take this seriously. I am not yanking your chain; I am attempting to determine whether my chain will be yanked.

I have signed many NDAs in my life in both the civilian and government worlds. With rare exception, the NDAs have never been treated as sensitive documents themselves, and I can conceive of no legitimate reason why the NDA for this trip would be one of the exceptions.

Therefore I will ask directly: What is your reasoning for not sharing the NDA now?
Because I'm not one of the three owners of the SRA group and it's not mine to send. How about this? As I said earlier, I do have a conference call with all three next Tuesday so I will ask them if they have any objection to me forwarding it to you. If not, I will be happy to send it your way.
Old 6th January 2017, 10:24 AM   #40
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Please tell us all that you realize those videos can't possibly win the bet.
Yes, the only way I can win the bet is for the scientific world to accept the existence of Sasquatch and not because of some knucklehead on YouTube. The clock is ticking and runs out at midnight on December 31st this year.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal