ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th January 2017, 11:41 PM   #481
luchog
Neo-Post-Retro-Revivalist

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
You want to hear the National Anthem done well - there is really only one version to listen to:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Nah, this one:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
luchog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 02:40 AM   #482
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
1) Hillary Clinton pole dances to "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac, with an encore of "Nasty Girls"
2) The National Anthem is performed while CNN switches to a live view of Colin Kaepernick taking a knee.
3) Obama cries caught live by a close up from a Fox camera.
4) Hillary and Bill are seated between special guests Putin and Julian Assange, again with a live close up from a Fox camera.
5) KISS performs to close the show and Gene Simmons spits fire on the MSNBC and CNN cameras.
Chris B.
Forgive me for asking but...

Tell me again why would Trump invite the Clintons and Obamas to his celebration? Especially since they have a bigger and more star-spangled event of their own to host at the same time as Trump's usual damp squib outcome?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 03:51 AM   #483
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by luchog View Post
Nah, this one:

I AGREE
I like this version
I AGREE

Oops, wrong Anthem.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 02:53 PM   #484
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

Turns out Jackie Evancho's bump in sales was because it was a Christmas album at Christmas. Sales have now declined.

Not to be dissing Evancho here, I'm dissing Trump claiming credit for yet another thing which he doesn't deserve credit.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 7th January 2017 at 02:54 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 03:34 PM   #485
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Turns out Jackie Evancho's bump in sales was because it was a Christmas album at Christmas. Sales have now declined.

Not to be dissing Evancho here, I'm dissing Trump claiming credit for yet another thing which he doesn't deserve credit.
In other words, credit goes to Jesus Christ!
Old 7th January 2017, 03:49 PM   #486
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Excerpt from the article:
"It’s difficult to tell whether her participation in the inauguration boosted album sales. Perhaps she did benefit from the increased media attention — or, maybe her album sales could have been a lot better had she not booked the gig at all."
Gee, thanks for that insightful info.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 03:51 PM   #487
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if anyone has told her she's likely to be molested? I don't understand why she would take that risk, when some of the Rockettes won't. Is it because she is being pressured unduly by president Trump or the importance of the occasion?

Someone should tweet her about it.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 03:53 PM   #488
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Did someone contact The Shaggs?

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 01:00 PM   #489
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Jesus H.F.Christ iirc!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 01:16 PM   #490
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Here's a guy that actually wants to perform there, as he has since 1957, but Trump is picking somebody else.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/08/politi...cer/index.html
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 02:52 PM   #491
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Here's a guy that actually wants to perform there, as he has since 1957, but Trump is picking somebody else.

Cleaning the Swamp
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 03:06 PM   #492
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post

He's too old. Too brittle. No one wants to molest him.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 08:32 PM   #493
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Forgive me for asking but...

Tell me again why would Trump invite the Clintons and Obamas to his celebration? Especially since they have a bigger and more star-spangled event of their own to host at the same time as Trump's usual damp squib outcome?
You lost me. What "bigger and more star-spangled" event than the inauguration of a US president do you have in mind?

And Trump's campaign events have been well-attended successes, by all accounts*. Where are you getting "usual damp squib outcome" from?

In any case, according to CNN, Former presidents traditionally attend the ceremonial transfer of power at the US Capitol.

Probably Trump invited them because it's customary to do so? Whether they're invited to the party or crashing it, every major news outlet is reporting that they will attend. How did you miss this?

*Albeit marred by some regrettable left-wing violence.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 09:56 PM   #494
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
You lost me. What "bigger and more star-spangled" event than the inauguration of a US president do you have in mind?

And Trump's campaign events have been well-attended successes, by all accounts*. Where are you getting "usual damp squib outcome" from?

In any case, according to CNN, Former presidents traditionally attend the ceremonial transfer of power at the US Capitol.

Probably Trump invited them because it's customary to do so? Whether they're invited to the party or crashing it, every major news outlet is reporting that they will attend. How did you miss this?

*Albeit marred by some regrettable left-wing violence.
When the so-called president is an orange POS, even his fans don't give a ****.

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 10:29 PM   #495
Noztradamus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
Come on. As much as I despise Trump and his gang, this is just pointless.

The point is: you need to work at despising Trump more.
Old 9th January 2017, 02:43 AM   #496
WilliamSeger
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
I can't imagine the effort it would take to avoid despising Trump, and it's only going to get harder.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2017, 06:40 AM   #497
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

There should only be 494. I have no idea how there is 495 - but this is not the first time this has occurred.

Wash this space!

Old 9th January 2017, 06:47 AM   #498
eeyore1954
Philosopher

I heard he has invited Meryl Streep do do a soliloquy.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2017, 09:14 AM   #499
Parsman
Critical Thinker

To be fair, who does or doesn't attend this event is not all that important in the great scheme of things. What it does show is the concern performers have for their own popularity and sales. They recognise, as the followers of DJT don't seem to, that only about 50% of people in the USA voted, and of those only about 50% voted for Trump. That leaves about 75% of the American population opposed to or at least ambivalent towards the President elect. Granted this has been largely true in most recent US elections as well, but the vituperative election campaign has hardened opinions among the US population on both sides of the political divide, or so it seems from outside. Hence the concern of performers for their own position.
Old 9th January 2017, 09:30 AM   #500
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
To be fair, who does or doesn't attend this event is not all that important in the great scheme of things. What it does show is the concern performers have for their own popularity and sales. They recognise, as the followers of DJT don't seem to, that only about 50% of people in the USA voted, and of those only about 50% voted for Trump. That leaves about 75% of the American population opposed to or at least ambivalent towards the President elect. Granted this has been largely true in most recent US elections as well, but the vituperative election campaign has hardened opinions among the US population on both sides of the political divide, or so it seems from outside. Hence the concern of performers for their own position.
You are ignoring the obvious, Trump is a racist misogynist bigot. Some people want nothing to do with performing at his inauguration.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2017, 12:27 PM   #501
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by eeyore1954 View Post
I heard he has invited Meryl Streep do do a soliloquy.
For Trumpf it should be a syllyiloquy!!!!! On steroids!!!

Wash this space!

Old 9th January 2017, 06:10 PM   #502
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

They've all been sold to the hundreds of dancing Muslims and NFL officials who wrote him a letter.

Trump claims all the "dress shops" in Washington, D.C. are sold out for his inauguration.
Old 9th January 2017, 06:25 PM   #503
TellyKNeasuss
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
or maybe to Mary.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2017, 06:51 PM   #504
The Big Dog
Suspended

Maybe Meryl Streep can show up and preach to the the choir?

So courageous.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2017, 06:56 PM   #505
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

What an idiot Trump is to call one of the best actresses of our time, "over-rated (sic)."

Quote:
Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes,” he posted just after 6 a.m., inserting a hyphen into "overrated."
And of course Conway is out there claiming Streep is the bad guy and inciting hatred or something like that.
Old 9th January 2017, 07:15 PM   #506
The Big Dog
Suspended

What an idiot Trump is to call one of the best actresses of our time, "over-rated (sic)."

And of course Conway is out there claiming Streep is the bad guy and inciting hatred or something like that.
She was the second best actress in She-Devil for cripes sake!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2017, 10:50 PM   #507
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
That really doesn't require any work, does it? Like saying you need to work at loving pizza more, or work at being more attracted to Khaddi Sagnia.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2017, 10:29 AM   #508
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
She was the second best actress in She-Devil for cripes sake!
What a bizarre statement.
Spindrift is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 09:32 AM   #509
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

At his Press Conference currently under way, he seems to have indicated that "military bands" will play at the inauguration. I suppose as C in C he can arrange that easily enough.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 09:51 AM   #510
Spindrift

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
At his Press Conference currently under way, he seems to have indicated that "military bands" will play at the inauguration. I suppose as C in C he can arrange that easily enough.
Like they have a choice.

Charlotte Church turned them down calling Trump a 'tyrant'. Apparently she has been vocal about her opposition to him and they couldn't even google her to check before they invited her.
Spindrift is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 10:51 AM   #511
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
Sadly, the Aleksandrov Ensemble is no longer available.
Old 11th January 2017, 03:34 PM   #512
The Big Dog
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
What a bizarre statement.
well, she triumphed in Death Becomes Her!

Picking between those two megahits is indeed a real Sophie's choice
Old 11th January 2017, 03:52 PM   #513
Cleon
King of the Pod People

well, she triumphed in Death Becomes Her!

Picking between those two megahits is indeed a real Sophie's choice
Death Becomes Her made $150 million and won an Academy Award.

Are you just throwing **** to see what sticks?
Old 11th January 2017, 06:53 PM   #514
zorro99
Critical Thinker

Beach Boys Confirm They’re Considering Playing Trump’s Inauguration

This, of course, is the Mike Love–led Beach Boys that no longer includes fellow original members like Al Jardine or Brian Wilson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0de3a08f4fe3b
Old 11th January 2017, 07:06 PM   #515
Spindrift

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Beach Boys Confirm They’re Considering Playing Trump’s Inauguration

This, of course, is the Mike Love–led Beach Boys that no longer includes fellow original members like Al Jardine or Brian Wilson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0de3a08f4fe3b
James Watt would be rolling in his grave, but he's still alive.
Old 11th January 2017, 08:49 PM   #516
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Death Becomes Her made $150 million and won an Academy Award.

Are you just throwing **** to see what sticks?
Profit only matters to conservative if a conservative make it.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 09:12 PM   #517
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe Meryl Streep can show up and preach to the the choir?
An overwhelmingly rich white choir.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2017, 07:39 AM   #518
Spindrift

Marie Osmond is in. If someone would ask her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...eds-unite.html

Pat Boone is probably waiting for his invitation as well.
Old 13th January 2017, 11:54 AM   #519
The Big Dog
Suspended

Quote:
3 Doors Down and country singers Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood will perform at President-elect Donald Trump's Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration.

The concert, taking place on the steps of Washington, D.C.'s Lincoln Memorial on January 19th, will also feature Broadway singer Jennifer Holliday (recently of The Color Purple), the Piano Guys and the Frontmen of Country, the Trump administration announced Friday. Actor Jon Voight will also participate in some capacity at the event, which is open to the public.
**** yeah!

Last edited by The Big Dog; 13th January 2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 13th January 2017, 11:55 AM   #520
Cleon
King of the Pod People

**** yeah!
Nothing says "star-studded event" like the phrase "tribute band."

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics