IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 23rd January 2017, 02:04 PM   #121
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
I saw Todd Dissotel pimping himself out on the History channel the other day, some incredibly pathetic series regarding Giants in the USA...Can't remember the name, but it was truly woeful. Still, at least Todd got rid of the mohawk/moustache combo.
How is he planning to get rid of this?

http://cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/image9.jpg
Old 23rd January 2017, 02:27 PM   #122
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

That's the thing, there's never going to be any checkmate either way, and Bigfooters know this as much as the sceptics do.
I wonder how a checkmate was achieved with animals that aren't walking the earth such as the Mastodon and the Sabre-tooth cats and the Tyrannosaurs, and all the other fantastic creatures which are said to be extinct. Bigfooters would generally agree that they don't exist in living form even though they've never really looked for them. Nobody is crowd-funding a search for living Archaeopteryx.

When do we see grants given to check the oceans for living Ammonites? The Bigfooters say that you can't find something unless you are specifically looking for it.
Old 23rd January 2017, 03:40 PM   #123
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

When footers retire:

https://jacksontn.craigslist.org/clt/5968065033.html
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2017, 04:54 PM   #124
Shiner
Motor Mouth

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Roughly scaling, that foot is about 12" long. My foot is 12" long.

Must be from a baby.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2017, 05:06 PM   #125
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Hilarious. That's why I come here.

Kind of reminds me of people who tatoo their 2-month long girlfriend's name on their forehead. The crack-head who tatoos their daughter's name on their boob. To show how committed they are.

I have a plaster cast of my "drag". I leave a drag mark behind me when I unfurl Mr. Happy. Otherwise, it's my belt.

Drewbot nobody to my knowledge has ever asked a sample of anyone who would matter - park service personnel, wildlife refuge managers, State Fish and Game people in charge of counting animals, etc. if bigfoot exists.

"Scientists" aren't really the pool to sample from, but I think you are speaking loosely.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2017, 06:54 PM   #126
Shiner
Motor Mouth

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
On further thought, I agree. In fact, I had no idea it was this reasonable.
It isn't.

Quote:
Does mileage count in the cost?

Each blimp comes with 250 miles per day. Additional miles are .35/mile
I wonder if you get discounts for going downwind?

Quote:
Yes, you fly it yourself. The one person blimps do not require a license, and we can teach you how to fly in about 15 minutes. Larger blimps require a little more preparation, but we will have systems in place to get you through the process.
For more information on licensing requirements, please click here.
^^That one is a big clue. Become a meteorologist in 15 minutes!

Quote:
Any specific limitations?
The FAA has informed us that Blimp flights can only safely be flown by amateurs in early April.
But I went ahead and asked a friend in Portland to call her local office for me anyway.........

https://www.bandago.com/blimpFAQ.html

Last edited by Shiner; 23rd January 2017 at 07:08 PM.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2017, 08:25 PM   #127
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
How is he planning to get rid of this?

http://cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/image9.jpg
I don't think he wants to get rid of that, tbf...

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2017, 08:27 PM   #128
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I wonder how a checkmate was achieved with animals that aren't walking the earth such as the Mastodon and the Sabre-tooth cats and the Tyrannosaurs, and all the other fantastic creatures which are said to be extinct. Bigfooters would generally agree that they don't exist in living form even though they've never really looked for them. Nobody is crowd-funding a search for living Archaeopteryx.

When do we see grants given to check the oceans for living Ammonites? The Bigfooters say that you can't find something unless you are specifically looking for it.
IMO, Bigfootery dictates that the game will always be afoot until one is brought in dead or alive, which will obviously never happen. And so it goes, and so it is written.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2017, 09:52 AM   #129
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Hilarious. That's why I come here.

Kind of reminds me of people who tatoo their 2-month long girlfriend's name on their forehead. The crack-head who tatoos their daughter's name on their boob. To show how committed they are.

[snip]
It may be just to help them remember it...

If you tattoo a name on your forehead do you do in in reverse writing so you can read it in a mirror? Like an ambulance hood?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2017, 11:26 AM   #130
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2...art_river_home

Quote:
But when a resident of the Pine Orchard community pointed out claw marks on a tree in his yard, McDonald determined they couldn't have been made by humans, and it's unlikely they were made by any other animals.

"Some of those claw marks start at about 8 feet off the ground and go to almost 12 feet," McDonald said. "Yes, there are bears in the area but a bear, if it would have made those marks, there would have bear claw marks on the sides of the tree where it climbed it, there were none."
Liars.
http://www.bear-tracker.com/blackbea...ingttrees.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=bear...HSdFBpYQsAQIGQ

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2017, 12:43 PM   #131
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
It isn't.
That's an odd assertion, especially given the bizarre and untrue comments that follow.

I spent six thousand dollars on tires for my Supercub. This is not the little boy's kite club here.

Quote:
I wonder if you get discounts for going downwind?
The current federal deduction for cars is over fifty cents a mile. Airtime around here, for short commuter flights to the villages is order of magnitude more expensive. Costs more than flying to the lower '48 in many cases. Hundreds of miles costing more than thousands of miles.

But 35 cents a mile shows how reasonable it is.

Quote:
^^That one is a big clue. Become a meteorologist in 15 minutes!
No, it isn't a big clue. You can fly an ultralight the day you buy it with no certification and you can fly a one person blimp on the same day too.

A passenger-sized blimp is an airship, as per FAA regulations. It has about the same license requirement as fixed wing pilots. You are just way out in left field here trying to make this sound crazy.

Quote:
But I went ahead and asked a friend in Portland to call her local office for me anyway.........
I flew 13 years without a license, every bit of it extreme off-airport conditions. Flew hang gliders for years. No license. Did bushplanes and multi-engine too, no license. I hated every minute of it when I finally got one. I had to fly into town from a cabin I was building in the wilderness in order to pay an airport jock to check off that I could taxi on the runway and etc. I had over a thousand hours by then.

You can't even train for what I was doing with an on-board pilot really. The airport jocks certified for pedestrian flying don't know their ass from a hole in the ground off-airport. I did multi-engine to keep my options open for smuggling across the southern border. Been across the northern border many a time, no customs. You just find someone to train you for that. Get licensed for it, lol.

You do it yourself. I read a lot on the old school bush pilots. Then talked to some well-known ones, one dead now, a crash, and another with lots of steel in is body from near fatal crack-ups. And I've had mine.

You can make what we do out to be insane. Or you can look at it like any other extreme activity where there's no licenses. Skiing and biking down cliffs or at a hundred miles an hour. Off road bike and 4wd extreme climbs.

I have a pretty damned good idea what it takes to fly things, engine or no, and there's a good reason you don't need licenses to fly hang gliders, ultralights, and one-person blimps. Anyone can do it. But don't jump into my supercub and think you can skip off the water coming into a too-short gravel bar, standing on the brakes just enough not to nose over. Or take off on the water the other side of it. Land in a boulder field, trees lying down. brush whacking your struts, ripping your tail wheel off. Take on rotors. Even with a license you are not going to survive that.

But you can fly their one person blimp the day you show up, I assure you.

That is a remarkably reasonable rate of engaging an airship with great capabilities in terms of big game animal observation/enumeration. It is not crazy to have a person piloting a one-passenger model without a license. It's what the law provides.

Last edited by AlaskaBushPilot; 24th January 2017 at 12:45 PM.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2017, 01:29 PM   #132
bytewizard
Master Poster

Quote:
It is not crazy to have a person piloting a one-passenger model without a license. It's what the law provides.
Is it legal to rent one and put some advertising on it like... "Good and Plenty"? Those bigfoots would flock to me if I flew close to the ground.
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2017, 01:03 PM   #133
Avindair
Scholar

Blimp rentals:

https://www.bandago.com/blimp.html

$300 to $1200 a day. Probably depends on how many strippers you need for staff.
...and a business idea is born.

"Float Through the Air While Our Girls Spin On Their Poles!

Bigfoot Blimpin' and Pimpin' -- Because Science is Sex-ay!"
Avindair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 01:14 PM   #134
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Hairless Bigfoot looks like a lizard.

Originally Posted by Ken Gerhard
Can uncommon accounts of so-called ‘Lizard Men’ be explained by hairless Sasquatches? ...all primates (including humans) can occasionally develop extreme alopecia (hair loss) all over their bodies, drastically altering their appearance. Now imagine a 7-foot, powerful hominid with perhaps more humanlike than apelike features (bipedal, smaller ears, etc.) losing all or most of its body hair due to disease or perhaps a genetic condition...

http://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoologi...ss-sasquatches
Old 26th January 2017, 01:17 PM   #135
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Hairless Bigfoot looks like a lizard.

http://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoologi...ss-sasquatches
The third monkey in that link looks a little lizardy.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 01:58 PM   #136
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
The third monkey in that link looks a little lizardy.
Speaking of the third monkey, what is with bigfooters and black leather? The goth Kenny Chesney hat they wear is the worst. Right up there with fingerless black Dog the Bounty Hunter gloves.

Ghosthunters seem to want to look like characters from the Matrix also.

I dont get it.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 05:36 PM   #137
GT/CS
Illuminator

Speaking of the third monkey, what is with bigfooters and black leather? The goth Kenny Chesney hat they wear is the worst. Right up there with fingerless black Dog the Bounty Hunter gloves.

I dont get it.
It's easy to figure out..........they're losers.
Old 26th January 2017, 08:35 PM   #138
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

La hoo za her. I'll admit my own fascination with these "losers" is not necessarily with the fact that somebody could deliberately deny their own reality in order to play a "funner" game of imagination, but that they (have the balls to) think they should be able to rewrite our cosmic reality with the results of that game.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2017, 12:58 PM   #139
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
La hoo za her. I'll admit my own fascination with these "losers" is not necessarily with the fact that somebody could deliberately deny their own reality in order to play a "funner" game of imagination, but that they (have the balls to) think they should be able to rewrite our cosmic reality with the results of that game.
Yet they become indignant when their imaginary figments are pointed out.

WS
Old 1st February 2017, 03:56 PM   #140
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Yet they become indignant when their imaginary figments are pointed out.
Go spend all of your adult life acquiring imaginary ape-like friends and then see how tight you hold onto them when their existence comes into question. Of course you won't have pictures to prove it, but you'll "know" they're there.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2017, 07:24 AM   #141
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I dont get it.
I always notice this, and I love it. Fingerless gloves are a must-have for any serious Bigfooter, just as a leather jacket is a must-have for any serious ghost-hunter.

Hats are optional, but obviously they're legit when it comes to being a serious card-carrying non-finder of monsters.

Old 3rd February 2017, 06:07 AM   #142
Drewbot
Philosopher

Remember the Ol' Bigfooter go-to story of the Bigfoots Banana-Peeling Elk Carcasses, at which time I posted the scientific study referencing bear predation, and the process of bears pushing on the carcass with their front feet, and ripping the skin off of the carcass with their jaws, during consumption?

Remember that?

Well, I don't know how i'm going to explain this one as NOT BIGFOOT. Corkscrewed seal carcasses. No way a regular animal could possibly do this to a seal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EgJWFlm9ss
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 07:09 AM   #143
Drewbot
Philosopher

Can we just come out and say this?

"Bigfoot has jumped the shark."

It has become a total mockery of itself with the NAWAC stories, The Good & Plenty Incident, The Bigfoot Larder Mounds of the PNW, BartoloJays' Thermal Image.

Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 11:51 AM   #144
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I think a drawing of a G'n'P-munching Bigfoot jumping a Greenland shark would be fitting.

Old 6th February 2017, 02:32 PM   #145
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Well, I don't know how i'm going to explain this one as NOT BIGFOOT. Corkscrewed seal carcasses.
Six strobe flashes in the first thirty seconds. In psychological warfare they use strobe flashes to stun, disorient, and disable the victim.

They call it a flash transition in film editing and it is never discussed for what its intended effect is: to zombify the viewer.

We just loathe this so much that it's unwatchable for us. Between all those strobe flashes are fleeting glimpses of shaky-cam "action", quick-cuts, panning, zooming, and dramatic music.

And what's behind it? One animal bites another. News at 11.
Old 6th February 2017, 05:22 PM   #146
tube
Muse

I discovered a very squatchy tree break today:

http://imgur.com/a/ITcw3

(Bigfoot) evidence doesn't look better on deeper analysis, it looks worse. David Daegling

The Bigfoot hypothesis is tested daily.
tube is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2017, 06:12 AM   #147
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tube View Post
I discovered a very squatchy tree break today:

http://imgur.com/a/ITcw3
The tree was interfering with the Hickory Nut smashing rock.
Old 8th February 2017, 12:32 PM   #148
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Looks like a health scare may have jerked this footer back to reality or he finally figured out he's been recording coyotes for the last two years......duh!
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...est-for-a-bit/
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2017, 02:00 PM   #149
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Looks like a health scare may have jerked this footer back to reality or he finally figured out he's been recording coyotes for the last two years......duh!
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...est-for-a-bit/
I think he gave it up once before when he thought his employer was onto his little hobby. He'll be back; if you can talk yourself into the idea that a 6 to 9-ft monkey is wandering around suburban and ex-urban Chicago, you can talk yourself into anything.

WS
Old 9th February 2017, 11:04 AM   #150
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Mod InfoDerail on Nessie split to here.
Posted By:zooterkin
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2017, 12:39 AM   #151
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Sorry for the derail, lads!

Old 10th February 2017, 04:28 PM   #152
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

You better be sorry mister! Now we can only hope they take that SPLIT THREAD and MERGE that SPLIT THREAD with a non-tainted one real soon and then we can wondrously read MERGED SPLIT THREAD every time we look at the thread title. I just love seeing that word MERGED alone or MERGED with SPLIT and THREAD, especially in a thread MERGED with 3 whole posts complaining about, say, the weather Trump the lack of Bigfoot threads MERGING.

Now WE'RE sorry for the derail, lads.
Old 11th February 2017, 01:18 AM   #153
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

You better be sorry mister! Now we can only hope they take that SPLIT THREAD and MERGE that SPLIT THREAD with a non-tainted one real soon and then we can wondrously read MERGED SPLIT THREAD every time we look at the thread title. I just love seeing that word MERGED alone or MERGED with SPLIT and THREAD, especially in a thread MERGED with 3 whole posts complaining about, say, the weather Trump the lack of Bigfoot threads MERGING.

Now WE'RE sorry for the derail, lads.
lol, whenever I think of the word "merge," I just think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLQ3s2o_z5w

Old 11th February 2017, 01:44 AM   #154
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

State-funded Bigfoot hunts to be outlawed

Dr Dyer has spent years attempting to track down the creature and earlier last year had organized a widely-publicized conference at the campus which was attended by high-profile speakers such as Dr. Jeff Meldrum and Rob Kryder.

While the event was very successful, it ended up costing the taxpayer rather a lot of money - as did an expedition for the elusive creature that was undertaken by Dr Dyer a few days later.

"When you're expending the resources of taxpaying citizens on what is completely pseudo-science, that's a betrayal of the public trust," said New Mexico Tech instructor Dave Thomas. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com....6ePmxMNu.dpuf

Old 11th February 2017, 03:30 PM   #155
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

That's actually a pretty big deal. And a textbook rebuff. The state legislature wants to pass a law banning Bigfoot "research" and its inevitable "expeditions" at the state's institutions of higher education (expense) because the head of the University of New Mexico's Gallup campus had a problem giving up all those Bigfoot chicks.

And while taking good advice isn't a known Don "The Snake" Meldrum skill, I'd suggest he keep a low profile for awhile. Wait, he's already doing that it appears. Maybe he finally did find a clue.

UPDATE: Meldrum's almost last FB post on Feb. 3 - "This clip is 1.5 years old, but provides a succinct summary of the basis for the search for relict hominoids."

Smooth move Ex-Lax.

Old 11th February 2017, 04:02 PM   #156
rockinkt
Master Poster

State-funded Bigfoot hunts to be outlawed

Dr Dyer has spent years attempting to track down the creature and earlier last year had organized a widely-publicized conference at the campus which was attended by high-profile speakers such as Dr. Jeff Meldrum and Rob Kryder.

While the event was very successful, it ended up costing the taxpayer rather a lot of money - as did an expedition for the elusive creature that was undertaken by Dr Dyer a few days later.

"When you're expending the resources of taxpaying citizens on what is completely pseudo-science, that's a betrayal of the public trust," said New Mexico Tech instructor Dave Thomas. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com....6ePmxMNu.dpuf
I think the most important quote from the article is this:
"It's sad that we have to do this, that they don't have the ethics, that UNM doesn't have the ethics to stop this," said Munoz. "And now we have to draft bills to stop something that is not morally right."

I wonder if Idaho State University will have the ethics to put a stop to the antics of the totally unethical Meldrum?

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2017, 06:12 AM   #157
Drewbot
Philosopher

Clearly they are kow-towing to the Black Ops arm of the US Government.

The free thinking university professors are trying to blow the lid off the conspiracy, and the evil government bodies are trying to make it go away.
Old 13th February 2017, 05:14 PM   #158
rockinkt
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Clearly they are kow-towing to the Black Ops arm of the US Government.

The free thinking university professors are trying to blow the lid off the conspiracy, and the evil government bodies are trying to make it go away.
Well, there is that.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 12:28 AM   #159
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
I wonder if Idaho State University will have the ethics to put a stop to the antics of the totally unethical Meldrum?
Sadly, I doubt it! It's strange that there's been no further action regarding all of those signatures that were collected a few years back in protest of Meldrum's...odd activities.

Old 14th February 2017, 12:30 AM   #160
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

That's actually a pretty big deal. And a textbook rebuff. The state legislature wants to pass a law banning Bigfoot "research" and its inevitable "expeditions" at the state's institutions of higher education (expense) because the head of the University of New Mexico's Gallup campus had a problem giving up all those Bigfoot chicks.

And while taking good advice isn't a known Don "The Snake" Meldrum skill, I'd suggest he keep a low profile for awhile. Wait, he's already doing that it appears. Maybe he finally did find a clue.

UPDATE: Meldrum's almost last FB post on Feb. 3 - "This clip is 1.5 years old, but provides a succinct summary of the basis for the search for relict hominoids."

Smooth move Ex-Lax.
http://www.memecenter.com/fun/4070495/smooth
http://www.memecenter.com/fun/4070495/smooth
The day that Meldrum finds a clue is the day that Northern Lights finds a Bigfoot! lol.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal