ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Reply
Old 13th September 2017, 07:37 AM   #2881
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 66,128
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
For the late arriving commentators who have not bothered to read the actual thread.
Nice. Putting two posts back to back even though the second wasn't answering the first.

Quote:
By the way?? Even for you, that's a pretty argument-free post.
[SNIP] Obviously, pointing out that your post doesn't counter the one you quoted IS the whole argument.

Edited by kmortis:  Removed to comply with Rule 12.
__________________
<Roar!>

Last edited by kmortis; 15th September 2017 at 08:28 AM.
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 07:52 AM   #2882
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Nice. Putting two posts back to back even though the second wasn't answering the first.



What are you, twelve? Obviously, pointing out that your post doesn't counter the one you quoted IS the whole argument.
'k
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 08:10 AM   #2883
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 66,128
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
'k
__________________
<Roar!>
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 08:18 AM   #2884
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Seems pretty clear that not only am I disputing this nonsense: "They've looked at the logs, they've torn the server apart, and there is absolutely no evidence in any way, shape or form that the server has been compromised" I am and have completely nuked it from orbit.
Danth's law, huh? I'd say that's about par for the course LoL. You do realize that logs, backups, etc. aren't held on local storage, right? They're held offsite, generally away from wherever the server is located, so that if the place burns down, gets robbed, or hacked they still have backups in other places. That's how they figure out how hacks happen. Again though, back to your headboard raising.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
And here we are, one and all, where you are bizarrely arguing about bleach bit and who well she wiped her server, and I am sitting back enjoying reminding folks about bleach bit and the fact she wiped her servers.
Reminding people of something you know nothing about, have no clue how it was used, have no clue how it works, and have no clue what the effects of the program you're reminding people of has on anything. Keep it up. The best is that you're implying I'm a moron. I love it.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Say maybe I should get a younger sibling, or even better a friend who works in the District Attorney's office to explain "obstruction of justice" to us?
Perhaps, but they'll probably just treat you like the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving since the FBI has closed the book, along with everyone else...but yeah. Let me know how it goes.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
And we have not even gotten to the point where we talked about Hillary drooled out her lies about cooperating with the various investigation!

Now please regale us with tales of what exactly happened when her IT team used bleach bit to wipe her server.

avid readers are dying to know.

I bask in your lack of any form of IT knowledge, while personifying Danth's law, and being smug about it. Keep it up. You're a hoot.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 08:31 AM   #2885
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
You see people, now that is helpful. When the investigators went to "tear apart the server," Hillary's team of incompetents had already wiped it, but they forgot about the "backups."

Oh wait, that is not true Hillary and her team of incompetents also tried to obstruct the investigation by changing the configuration long after the documents had been requested to delete the backups.

But Hillary's team of incompetents screwed that up too! You see after the had their "oh ****" moment and went on a wipe/purge frenzy of the server and the backups they didn't know that Datto had automatically backed the stuff up too and didn't delete that.

Hillary and her gang can't even obstruct justice correctly!

Thanks to all the folks adding their "expertise" to the overwhelming demonstration of Hillary's skullduggery and outright lies in connection with the server!

With friends like you guys, Hillary does not need enemies.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 08:33 AM   #2886
phiwum
Philosopher
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,192
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"cowboy" defined as a person who is reckless or careless.

Now no one has claimed that all private email servers are cowboy servers, what we are saying that Hillary's homebrew slapdash private email server was cowboy.
I have not seen any evidence that her private email server was slapdash or homebrew.

Do tell, if you have a smidgen of evidence that it wasn't competently administered.

Far as I'm concerned, the issue over the server is that official bidness ought to be done on official servers, not that she had incompetent administrators.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 08:42 AM   #2887
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I have not seen any evidence that her private email server was slapdash or homebrew.

Do tell, if you have a smidgen of evidence that it wasn't competently administered.

Far as I'm concerned, the issue over the server is that official bidness ought to be done on official servers, not that she had incompetent administrators.
The issue is both! But rather than force you to review this thread where the flaws in the system have been thoroughly covered, take a gander at

https://www.wired.com/2015/03/clinto...er-vulnerable/
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 09:08 AM   #2888
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You see people, now that is helpful. When the investigators went to "tear apart the server," Hillary's team of incompetents had already wiped it, but they forgot about the "backups."
So much ******** in one post, I'll try to keep it minimal. First off, they didn't "forget" about the backups. Datto had illegally created a backup that Clinton willingly turned over to the FBI. Pretty basic stuff there and easily verifiable by your own links.

Just so you know, people "change their configuration" for servers all of the time. Daily.

From the information provided, Clinton put in a request to change the data retention times, which is extremely common. You wouldn't know that, since you have no clue how IT works, but yeah. Those requests happen all of the time, mostly because people don't want to pay for increased storage for older data. Again, nothing strange or devious about it. Just standard operating procedure for the conspiracy theorist. Normal things always look devious when you're looking through confirmation bias.

FYI: I've changed backup data points on 3 servers today because of storage issues they're experiencing. I'll be sure to inform them of their deviousness. LoL

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
*snip* Hillary and her gang can't even obstruct justice correctly!
Probably because they weren't trying to obstruct justice. In addition to the backup that they found from Datto, they were also provided multiple other snapshots of the virtual server when asked. So, uh, what are you talking about? You don't know? Ok, didn't think so.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Thanks to all the folks adding their "expertise" to the overwhelming demonstration of Hillary's skullduggery and outright lies in connection with the server!
Thanks to all those personifying Danth's law for adding in their complete and utter nonsense on topics they know absolutely nothing about in hopes of trying to headboard raise just a little bit more. It's fun watching people drowning in a conversation they can't handle, and still trying to act like they're the top dog (pun intended) in the room. It's cute.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
With friends like you guys, Hillary does not need enemies.
I'm not her friend.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The issue is both! But rather than force you to review this thread where the flaws in the system have been thoroughly covered, take a gander at

https://www.wired.com/2015/03/clinto...er-vulnerable/
You're linking to an article that is 2.5 years old, and written before the investigation and subsequent evidence. That is truly pathetic. We both know there are a bunch of articles out since then that dispute most of the stuff in that article. Also, all of the supposed problems are labeled with "could happen" or "might have" or "it's possible".

Sad. Low energy and sad.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 13th September 2017 at 09:09 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 09:12 AM   #2889
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 66,128
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary and her gang can't even obstruct justice correctly!
Yeah, what monsters! At least Trump obstructs justice openly and properly!
__________________
<Roar!>
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 09:17 AM   #2890
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
So much ******** in one post, I'll try to keep it minimal. First off, they didn't "forget" about the backups. Datto had illegally created a backup that Clinton willingly turned over to the FBI. Pretty basic stuff there and easily verifiable by your own links.
Interesting! I do enjoy you applying your expertise to our on going discussion of the many and various ways Hillary and her team tried and failed to cover her tracks with regard to her server! Now when you say Datto "illegally" created a backup, what law did they break?

And she "willingly" turned it over to the FBI, you say? Hmm, do you think that there is say a legal method that the FBI could have used to get it with Hillary's benevolence in turning over the backup that datto "illegally" made?

And people "change data points" all the time? fascinating! Because we had a seminar where the lawyers said not to do that when there was an investigation ongoing and the documents, like they were here was subject to governmental requests and subpoenas.

"It's fun watching people drowning in a conversation they can't handle, and still trying to act like they're the top dog (pun intended) in the room. It's cute."

Indeed it is!
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 09:54 AM   #2891
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Interesting! I do enjoy you applying your expertise to our on going discussion of the many and various ways Hillary and her team tried and failed to cover her tracks with regard to her server! Now when you say Datto "illegally" created a backup, what law did they break?
Let me explain this to you simply, since I don't have the time to look up code numbers. What Datto did was take data that wasn't theirs, backed it up without the permission of Clinton, and then found it later. They admitted to this, they admitted it shouldn't have happened. The articles littered throughout this thread even quoted Datto as saying that they checked with Clinton, and her lawyers before turning over the data because of that very fact.

No matter what you think, it's illegal to take someone's data and keep it. It could be labeled as data theft pure and simple. It's net security 101.

Here's some help:

Quote:
The FBI report notes several attempts to hack the Clinton server, although none were successful, as far as the agency could determine. The same cannot be said of the State Department’s email system, which ran on antiquated Wang machines well into the 2000s until Colin Powell ordered an upgrade. Since then, it has been hacked repeatedly.
Quote:
Datto, a data protection company, had been backing up Clinton’s messages for years, yet nobody seemed to know about it—not the techie who tended to the Clintons’ private email server, not the Clintons, not even Datto’s CEO Austin McChord and his employees.
Quote:
Think about it: Hillary Clinton’s lightly attended, home-based email server turned out to be more secure than the State Department’s ostensibly well-fortified computer network
Source

All statements confirming exactly what I've been saying, while you've been laughing and implying I have no idea what I'm talking about. Standard CT stuff!

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
And she "willingly" turned it over to the FBI, you say? Hmm, do you think that there is say a legal method that the FBI could have used to get it with Hillary's benevolence in turning over the backup that datto "illegally" made?
I couldn't possibly care less if they could have gotten it or not. I said she turned it over, and she did. Quoted here

Quote:
With the consent of our client and their end user, and consistent with our policies regarding data privacy, yesterday, Tuesday, October 6, Datto delivered a hardware device to the FBI containing all backed up data related to Platte Rivers Networks' client known to be in its possession,” Datto said in a statement.
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
And people "change data points" all the time? fascinating! Because we had a seminar where the lawyers said not to do that when there was an investigation ongoing and the documents, like they were here was subject to governmental requests and subpoenas.
Oh man, you once had a seminar that said stuff! OMG! Was it held by, like, total IT people that totally knew what they were totally talking about? Great. Anecdotal, BS argument is anecdotal. But yeah, your seminar definitely trumps my degree and experience in the field.

On this, I will concede a little bit. She shouldn't have done it, it was stupid, but not illegal.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"It's fun watching people drowning in a conversation they can't handle, and still trying to act like they're the top dog (pun intended) in the room. It's cute."

Indeed it is!
You should get back to reading all the sources that support what I've been saying so I can laugh a little more when you imply I don't know what I'm talking about. You precious little thing, you.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 13th September 2017 at 09:55 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:04 AM   #2892
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Let me explain this to you simply, since I don't have the time to look up code numbers. What Datto did was take data that wasn't theirs, backed it up without the permission of Clinton, and then found it later. .
Oh by golly, take your time! Look up those "code numbers."

"Was held by, like, total IT people that totally knew what they were totally talking about? Great. Anecdotal, BS argument is anecdotal. But yeah, your seminar definitely trumps my degree and experience in the field."

Actually, I said it was held not by "total IT people that totally knew what they were totally talking about.' I said it was seminars held by "lawyers."

But I had no idea, no idea at all that you had a "degree and experience in the field" of data retention policies as respects things like litigation holds, data preservation requirements when facing subpoenas and governmental investigations.

Please do tell and I will whip the lawyers who gave that seminar with a wet noodle based on your degree and experience in the field!

Nice tho of Hillary to "consent" to give to the FBI the documents she and her gang of misfits thought they had well and fully destroyed.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:07 AM   #2893
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 20,802
http://money.cnn.com/interactive/med...cedonia-story/

They may be hiring, TBD! Get your resume in!
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:19 AM   #2894
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
http://money.cnn.com/interactive/med...cedonia-story/

They may be hiring, TBD! Get your resume in!
Did you mean to link to The New York times, because that is Hillary's fake news target today in connection with the email scandal blame game.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:21 AM   #2895
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 20,802
Did it happen or did it not happen?

All evidence I've seen is that it happened, and the story is 100% accurate. You'll have to fill me in on where I've gone wrong.

Or is this another in a long line of things you refuse to admit have any truth to them despite the fact that nobody aside from ignorant keyboard warriors disputes them?
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:22 AM   #2896
phiwum
Philosopher
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,192
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The issue is both! But rather than force you to review this thread where the flaws in the system have been thoroughly covered, take a gander at

https://www.wired.com/2015/03/clinto...er-vulnerable/
Thanks for the link.

The first point is that Clinton didn't use government paid employees to secure her site. This is true, but is no evidence that her site would be less secure had she done so.

The second is that her domain name registrar could have been hacked and hence emails redirected. I suppose that's an issue. It didn't happen, but it could have.

As the article also states, the state department has a poor record for security, so it's not at all clear that emails on the private server were more vulnerable than if she had used a government server.

That said, as I said before, security in official emails should be the responsibility of the relevant government agency and she should not have used a private server. But your article does not support the claim that by doing so, she jeopardized US interests to any non-trivial extent. Private email administrators are not, far as I know, less competent than government paid admins.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:35 AM   #2897
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Oh by golly, take your time! Look up those "code numbers."

"Was held by, like, total IT people that totally knew what they were totally talking about? Great. Anecdotal, BS argument is anecdotal. But yeah, your seminar definitely trumps my degree and experience in the field."

Actually, I said it was held not by "total IT people that totally knew what they were totally talking about.' I said it was seminars held by "lawyers."

But I had no idea, no idea at all that you had a "degree and experience in the field" of data retention policies as respects things like litigation holds, data preservation requirements when facing subpoenas and governmental investigations.

Please do tell and I will whip the lawyers who gave that seminar with a wet noodle based on your degree and experience in the field!

Nice tho of Hillary to "consent" to give to the FBI the documents she and her gang of misfits thought they had well and fully destroyed.
Let's see where you've trotted the conversation to now.

Well, whatever the lawyers told you hasn't seemed to be an issue for Hillary. So it's not just my expertise or experience that I'm counting on. That of the FBI and the rest of the people involved seem to be on the same page as me considering how it's all shook out. Strange, that. It's just you and other internet lawyers that seem to be screaming from the mountain top. It's almost the same as what CTists do. They find something that agrees with them and then deny everyone and everything that says otherwise.

Any comments with regards to the articles that support my statements from tech sites? Any reason why you seem to be posting 1 and 2 year old articles to try and make your point?

For the record though, I'm literally enrolled, and going for my bachelor's in IT Security and Data Protection. That being said, I agreed Clinton shouldn't have done it, it was stupid but not illegal. Quit strawmanning.

Good to see you finally admitted I was right with regards to the backup. You're coming along!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:46 AM   #2898
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
For the record though, I'm literally enrolled, and going for my bachelor's in IT Security and Data Protection.
Ohhhhh, I bow in deference to your expertise.

Of course "IT security and data protection" isn't really the same as "litigation holds, data preservation requirements when facing subpoenas and governmental investigations", now is it?

A tip? It isn't.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:55 AM   #2899
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,962
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Did it happen or did it not happen?

All evidence I've seen is that it happened, and the story is 100% accurate. You'll have to fill me in on where I've gone wrong.

Or is this another in a long line of things you refuse to admit have any truth to them despite the fact that nobody aside from ignorant keyboard warriors disputes them?
Look up Illusiory Superiority. So far the only fact that TBD has correct, is the existence of Hillary Clinton.

It seems anything that contradicts TBD's perceived narrative is 'Fake news'.
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 10:56 AM   #2900
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,962
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Ohhhhh, I bow in deference to your expertise.

Of course "IT security and data protection" isn't really the same as "litigation holds, data preservation requirements when facing subpoenas and governmental investigations", now is it?

A tip? It isn't.
You are frankly, wrong, and actually avoiding the conversation.
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 11:12 AM   #2901
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
You are frankly, wrong, and actually avoiding the conversation.
I thought to myself, self I thought, when you open the thread you are going to read the lines words "illusory superiority" and BOOM! There they were!

You think that "litigation holds, data preservation requirements when facing subpoenas and governmental investigations", is the same thing as "IT security and data security."

That is adorable.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 11:16 AM   #2902
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,962
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I thought to myself, self I thought, when you open the thread you are going to read the lines words "illusory superiority" and BOOM! There they were!

You think that "litigation holds, data preservation requirements when facing subpoenas and governmental investigations", is the same thing as "IT security and data security."

That is adorable.
Amazing! You continue to puff yourself up, talk down to anyone, and speak nothing as though it were gospel truth!
It's like you speak lies, and consider them truth! Just as I knew you would.
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 11:36 AM   #2903
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I thought to myself, self I thought, when you open the thread you are going to read the lines words "illusory superiority" and BOOM! There they were!

You think that "litigation holds, data preservation requirements when facing subpoenas and governmental investigations", is the same thing as "IT security and data security."

That is adorable.
If you're going to use quotation marks, get the quote right. During the course of my studies, data preservation requirements are apart of best practices. It's all tied into data protection. Just like I had to memorize HIPAA requirements, I've been working on doing the same for data protection.

As mentioned, you are blatantly avoiding the conversation though, and it's hilarious to watch. You've slowly backed up more, and more, and more. Now it's down to just snarky comments and bickering about what my degree requires.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 11:49 AM   #2904
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
If you're going to use quotation marks, get the quote right. During the course of my studies, data preservation requirements are apart of best practices. It's all tied into data protection. Just like I had to memorize HIPAA requirements, I've been working on doing the same for data protection.

As mentioned, you are blatantly avoiding the conversation though, and it's hilarious to watch. You've slowly backed up more, and more, and more. Now it's down to just snarky comments and bickering about what my degree requires.
"During the course of my studies, data preservation requirements are apart of best practices." Oh dear, well then lets talk about whether Hillary's conduct in destroying documents after being requested by among others, FOIA requests, the State Department and various Congressional Committees constituted "best practices" in line with the American Bar Association's guidelines I posted some moments ago.

I am certain I am not avoiding the conversation tho, which concerns the fact that Hillary and her incompetent staff tried to destroy documents and other evidence and did so in a spectacularly incompetent way.

I do appreciate you bringing your experience to bear on keeping this issue right in the forefront all afternoon!
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 12:09 PM   #2905
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"During the course of my studies, data preservation requirements are apart of best practices." Oh dear, well then lets talk about whether Hillary's conduct in destroying documents after being requested by among others, FOIA requests, the State Department and various Congressional Committees constituted "best practices" in line with the American Bar Association's guidelines I posted some moments ago.
I've said repeatedly that it was stupid, but not illegal. I can't possibly make that point more clear. What else do you want? I can say what I believe to be true, but you don't believe anything I say anyway. You've told me I'm wrong all afternoon, even after I confirm what I've said with sources.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I am certain I am not avoiding the conversation tho, which concerns the fact that Hillary and her incompetent staff tried to destroy documents and other evidence and did so in a spectacularly incompetent way.
Well, that might be what you've changed it into now, but that's not what it was about when you started. Your original claims were that the IT staff didn't know she had it. Which was ridiculous because they knew she had a blackberry, and email (which she was getting on the blackberry). Putting the two together is grade level stuff. What would they have assumed that would have been better? That she was using public email? They knew she wasn't using government email, you've admitted as such. Sounds like lazy IT to work, combined with a 65+ year old individual that knows nothing about technology.

I'm not condoning what she did at all, but as someone that ran his own email server (until Google hosting made it almost impossible not to use), none of this is mind blowing to me.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I do appreciate you bringing your experience to bear on keeping this issue right in the forefront all afternoon!
Yeah buddy. Anything that helps you imagine people are stroking your ego as you cling on to a 2 year old conspiracy theory in wild hopes that Hillary get arrested for something where no laws were broken.

Your e-ego must be off the chain!
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 12:21 PM   #2906
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I've said repeatedly that it was stupid, but not illegal. I can't possibly make that point more clear. What else do you want? I can say what I believe to be true, but you don't believe anything I say anyway. You've told me I'm wrong all afternoon, even after I confirm what I've said with sources.



Well, that might be what you've changed it into now, but that's not what it was about when you started. Your original claims were that the IT staff didn't know she had it. Which was ridiculous because they knew she had a blackberry, and email (which she was getting on the blackberry). Putting the two together is grade level stuff. What would they have assumed that would have been better? That she was using public email? They knew she wasn't using government email, you've admitted as such. Sounds like lazy IT to work, combined with a 65+ year old individual that knows nothing about technology.
I changed it? But we are using your experience in the field to talk about how "they've torn the server apart" and then how when they tore the server apart it had already been wiped clean and how Hillary and her incompetent staff tried to cover up their documents.

And I have personally found that your experience in the field is an OUTSTANDING vehicle for keeping the fact that Hillary and her incompetent staff tried to cover up their document destruction front and center all day long.

Thanks!
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 12:49 PM   #2907
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I changed it? But we are using your experience in the field to talk about how "they've torn the server apart" and then how when they tore the server apart it had already been wiped clean and how Hillary and her incompetent staff tried to cover up their documents.
Maybe...maybe you don't read very well? Can you explain to me which part of my statements have been false? They did tear it apart, there's nothing to say that it didn't contain any information on it (go back and read my link, it says in there they found documents on the old server), and they already knew they had backups. Just like CTists, you require everyone involved to be both extremely stupid, extremely intelligent, and nothing but nefarious from head to toe with everyone being involved in the cover up.

ETA: In fact, they contracted Datto and Platte to have backups on the local network haha. So yeah, just more of their nefarious coverups.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
And I have personally found that your experience in the field is an OUTSTANDING vehicle for keeping the fact that Hillary and her incompetent staff tried to cover up their document destruction front and center all day long.

Thanks!
But...you're not. You know that right? Just because you claim victory doesn't mean you're actually making sense. Whatever, though. As long as you feel on top of the world that's the good part.

I'm still laughing at the fact that Benghazi was a fail, now this is a fail, and you guys are still crying wolf.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 01:09 PM   #2908
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Maybe...maybe you don't read very well? Can you explain to me which part of my statements have been false? They did tear it apart, there's nothing to say that it didn't contain any information on it (go back and read my link, it says in there they found documents on the old server), and they already knew they had backups. Just like CTists, you require everyone involved to be both extremely stupid, extremely intelligent, and nothing but nefarious from head to toe with everyone being involved in the cover up.

ETA: In fact, they contracted Datto and Platte to have backups on the local network haha. So yeah, just more of their nefarious coverups.
They found documents on the server? ZOUNDS! That will be news to Hillary's lawyer who said that the server was blank! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-over-to-fbi/

So the server that you claim they "tore apart" was deliberately wiped clean before they "tore it apart,' and there was some significance to your claim that they tore apart a blank server (which to someone who does not have your experience a claim that they tore apart a blank server sounds like total ********) but I guess there is some significance to "tearing apart a blank server" that people without a big bunch of experience just can't cotton to.

Weird they contracted datto to have backups??? but not having your experience in the field it seems like you just said "Datto had illegally created a backup."

Huh, maybe this is a whole bunch to ask, but can you explain the discrepancy, or maybe give us a link?

That way we will all win.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 05:58 PM   #2909
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,234
cowboy server

As a fourth generation Texan whose family history reads like a chronicle of the country's westward migration, whose cowboy boots are scuffed by stirrups rather than dance floors, but for whom the phrase "all hat no cattle" is entirely accurate (having worn out and discarded several Stetsons, still owning four), I just want to say The Big Dog's many pejorative references to "cowboy server" are not just evidence of ignorance concerning information technology, but are also an expression of bigotry directed against an enduring archetype of hard-working Americans.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her part time cowboy server wrangler
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary's cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary's cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Clinton set up the cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
the original cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary's cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary was right to set up a cowboy server, all hail Hillary.
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary's cowboy server.
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her private cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary's cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her own cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
the cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her whole cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary's cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
the private cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her own private cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her own cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
private cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hillary's cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
clandestine cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy sever
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
a cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
an off site cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
a cowboy server
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
her cowboy server

As phiwum wrote:

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Why the constant apparently disparaging references to a "cowboy" email server? I run a simple email server for my personal use. Not sure what that has to do with cowboys.

...(snip)...I don't defend Clinton's choice here.

But I also tire of bizarre pejoratives. Private email servers aren't "cowboy" servers.

I'm with phiwum on this.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"cowboy" defined as a person who is reckless or careless.

Now no one has claimed that all private email servers are cowboy servers, what we are saying that Hillary's homebrew slapdash private email server was cowboy.

That's an odd definition of "cowboy". The cowboys I've known were neither reckless nor careless. Cowboys who are reckless or careless often end up dead or injured; herding cattle isn't as safe as running a server in your basement.

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Why do you hate America?

When a Hillary hater has so much trouble expressing himself without relying on bigoted stereotypes of an occupation whose famously multicultural practitioners have been honored by presidents ranging from Teddy Roosevelt and Truman to LBJ and Reagan, it's a fair question to ask.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 06:18 PM   #2910
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
As a fourth generation Texan whose family history reads like a chronicle of the country's westward migration, whose cowboy boots are scuffed by stirrups rather than dance floors, but for whom the phrase "all hat no cattle" is entirely accurate (having worn out and discarded several Stetsons, still owning four), I just want to say The Big Dog's many pejorative references to "cowboy server" are not just evidence of ignorance concerning information technology, but are also an expression of bigotry directed against an enduring archetype of hard-working Americans.

'm with phiwum on this.

That's an odd definition of "cowboy". The cowboys I've known were neither reckless nor careless. Cowboys who are reckless or careless often end up dead or injured; herding cattle isn't as safe as running a server in your basement.

When a Hillary hater has so much trouble expressing himself without relying on bigoted stereotypes of an occupation whose famously multicultural practitioners have been honored by presidents ranging from Teddy Roosevelt and Truman to LBJ and Reagan, it's a fair question to ask.
settle down, cowboy:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cowboy

definition 3.

Truman (the haberdasher) and Reagan (the actor) were cowboys?
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 07:00 PM   #2911
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,234
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
settle down, cowboy:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cowboy

definition 3.

That meaning of "cowboy" is a pejorative relied upon by those whom Stephen Miller would malign for their urban, elitist, "cosmopolitan" bias.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Truman (the haberdasher) and Reagan (the actor) were cowboys?

Are you saying they were cowboys? If so, you should explain why you think Truman and Reagan were cowboys in the same sense that Hillary's server was a cowboy.

I never said Truman and Reagan were cowboys. I said Truman and Reagan (and T Roosevelt and LBJ) "honored" cowboys rather than disparaging them.

That's an important difference between you and the four presidents I named.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 07:06 PM   #2912
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
That meaning of "cowboy" is a pejorative relied upon by those whom Stephen Miller would malign for their urban, elitist, "cosmopolitan" bias.

Are you saying they were cowboys? If so, you should explain why you think Truman and Reagan were cowboys in the same sense that Hillary's server was a cowboy.

I never said Truman and Reagan were cowboys. I said Truman and Reagan (and T Roosevelt and LBJ) "honored" cowboys rather than disparaging them.

That's an important difference between you and the four presidents I named.
Honored Cowboys. Check. I will do likewise and as such I have lined up movies that likewise honor them.

First, midnight cowboy. Then broke back mountain.

Gonna be one heck of double feature.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 09:11 PM   #2913
sunmaster14
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9,851
The server was not at fault. In fact, the server did its assigned task quite well, and calling it a cowboy does not denigrate its efforts. It is Hillary's fault for using a cowboy server for official correspondence, and even classified information. I think that is what TBD was getting at.

Also, I think Hillary's treatment of such an efficient and faithful server was atrocious. First, it had its memory wiped; then it was sent to the FBI to be torn apart. I hope, in the end, it got a proper burial at least.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 11:49 PM   #2914
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 36,350
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
The server was not at fault. In fact, the server did its assigned task quite well, and calling it a cowboy does not denigrate its efforts. It is Hillary's fault for using a cowboy server for official correspondence, and even classified information. I think that is what TBD was getting at.

Also, I think Hillary's treatment of such an efficient and faithful server was atrocious. First, it had its memory wiped; then it was sent to the FBI to be torn apart. I hope, in the end, it got a proper burial at least.
Sounds like the ending of Braveheart, which was also fiction masquerading as fact. Just sayin'.
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele
"Chicken **** Poster!"
Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 06:15 AM   #2915
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
They found documents on the server? ZOUNDS! That will be news to Hillary's lawyer who said that the server was blank! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-over-to-fbi/
Apparently my post didn't go through, but you should probably read that entire article. It actually backs up every single thing I've said. Also, lawyers do lawyer stuff, they don't do IT stuff. That's why we don't have a single lawyer on staff here at the IT company I work at. They don't help.

From your article:

Quote:
Platte River Networks, said the server was "blank," noting that information once contained on it had been migrated to other servers when Platte River took over management of the Clintons' e-mail system. The lawyer did not address whether the blank server had been "wiped" of data. FBI technology experts are expected to try and recover data on the server
Quote:
This week, a spokesman for the company said he could not be certain the server was in fact blank nor whether it had been "wiped."
So it looks like the FBI took it because no one could confirm that it actually had been "wiped". It says it's blank, which means it has no OS, but it doesn't sound like anyone with actual technical knowledge has said that it was "wiped". Curious. Thank you for bringing this to my attention bud.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
So the server that you claim they "tore apart" was deliberately wiped clean before they "tore it apart,' and there was some significance to your claim that they tore apart a blank server (which to someone who does not have your experience a claim that they tore apart a blank server sounds like total ********) but I guess there is some significance to "tearing apart a blank server" that people without a big bunch of experience just can't cotton to.
Actually, the FBI said they were going to try and recover data, or also known as in the technical world, tearing it apart. You have to get the hard drives, and if you're really lucky or sometimes good you can get info from the RAM. Again, per your article:

Quote:
FBI technology experts are expected to try and recover data on the server
See, you don't know the difference between "blank" and "wiped". So you're right, without my technical knowledge you're trying to comment on things you know absolutely nothing about. Wanna try again? Maybe a different article?

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Weird they contracted datto to have backups??? but not having your experience in the field it seems like you just said "Datto had illegally created a backup."
OMG YOU TOTALLY GOT ME!!! Just kidding, more of your lack of technical knowledge coming through. Datto/Platte were contracted to do local backups/screenshots of the server. They were not contracted, requested, or told to put those backups from the local storage to cloud storage. That's where it became illegal. They took data that wasn't theirs and put it somewhere they shouldn't, and then held on to it without any permission at all. That's why they required Hillary (the end user) to give permission to turn it over. She could have fought it, and honestly, had a pretty good case.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Huh, maybe this is a whole bunch to ask, but can you explain the discrepancy, or maybe give us a link?

That way we will all win.
I hope I broke it down well enough so your next snarky, uneducated post can tell me more stuff I don't know.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 14th September 2017 at 07:03 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 07:47 AM   #2916
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Apparently my post didn't go through, but you should probably read that entire article. It actually backs up every single thing I've said. Also, lawyers do lawyer stuff, they don't do IT stuff. That's why we don't have a single lawyer on staff here at the IT company I work at. They don't help.
Oh man, that is sensational in every respect. Here we are talking about the duty to preserve evidence in anticipation of an investigation, subpoena or litigation, and you say that lawyers don't help. Later, you opine however that you thought she had a "pretty good case" fighting a search warrant from the FBI regarding her server? Seriously that is unbelievably ludicrous.

Also lets take a deep dive, shall we:

"In fact, they contracted Datto and Platte to have backups on the local network haha."

Whoa that seems significant and probably shows Hillary in a super good light, assuming of course that the local backups covered the relevant period of when she was SoS, I mean of course it must because there is absolutely no way ever that you would have mentioned that unless those backups covered the relevant period, right? Of course, I mean otherwise that would be so incredibly misleading....

Quote:
I just think if we have it in writing that they told us to cut the backups, and that we can go public with our statement saying we have had the backups since day one, then we were told to trim to 30 days, it would make us look a WHOLE LOT better.
Copies of the emails here

Wait... they had the backups and Hillary and her gang of scum deliberately told them in 2015 to cut it to 30 *********** days? And you were just crowing about that, which actually makes them look much, much worse? Fantastic

As they say in the business? "haha"
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations

Last edited by The Big Dog; 14th September 2017 at 07:48 AM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 08:35 AM   #2917
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Oh man, that is sensational in every respect. Here we are talking about the duty to preserve evidence in anticipation of an investigation, subpoena or litigation, and you say that lawyers don't help. Later, you opine however that you thought she had a "pretty good case" fighting a search warrant from the FBI regarding her server? Seriously that is unbelievably ludicrous.
Oh good, you're moving everything around again. It is fun to watch you squirm. YOU made a statement that Hillary's LAWYER said the server was blank. I used your own article to say you're full of ****, and his opinion or statement isn't relevant in a technical aspect. Proven by the fact that the people with TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE said that the server wasn't wiped. Now you post this drivel? Seriously, just stop. I specifically replied to your statement. If you want to keep this up, I think I've proven my point extremely well to anyone that would ever want to read this. You don't know what you're talking about, you refuse to accept anything that doesn't fit into your confirmation bias, and you're fighting just to keep your head above water. It's hilarious. I've said, repeatedly, that it was stupid, but not illegal. That's still the case.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Also lets take a deep dive, shall we:

"In fact, they contracted Datto and Platte to have backups on the local network haha."

Whoa that seems significant and probably shows Hillary in a super good light, assuming of course that the local backups covered the relevant period of when she was SoS, I mean of course it must because there is absolutely no way ever that you would have mentioned that unless those backups covered the relevant period, right? Of course, I mean otherwise that would be so incredibly misleading....
*yawn* It's like you're trying to be obtuse. Again, from your article:

Quote:
A technology services company hired by the Clintons in 2013 to manage their e-mail turned that server over to the FBI last week from a warehouse where it had been stored since it was removed in June of that year from the Clinton home. Last week, a lawyer for the company, Platte River Networks, said the server was "blank," noting that information once contained on it had been migrated to other servers when Platte River took over management of the Clintons' e-mail system
When they received the machine, before transferring the information to a virtual server, they backed up the machine...EVERYTHING on the machine. So yes, the relevant period was covered. In fact, the backups she approved to be handed over to the FBI had everything in them as well.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You link me to an article from the daily caller where it has an email that admits that PRN has absolutely no evidence at all that Hillary went from 60 days to 30 days? Why? What help is that?

Anyway, going from 60 days to 30 days is extremely standard. It even fits the timeline. They switched to PRN in 2013, over the next few years it was (probably) discovered that they either need more space, or have to cut the backups. I am actually impressed by a 60 day data retention. That's pretty long to me. I think we do 14 days. Again, nothing nefarious or strange unless you're blinded by hate for Hillary.

Do you know what data retention is?

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Wait... they had the backups and Hillary and her gang of scum deliberately told them in 2015 to cut it to 30 *********** days? And you were just crowing about that, which actually makes them look much, much worse? Fantastic

As they say in the business? "haha"
As they say in the business, people who don't know **** about something generally scream the loudest. I believe 30 days is actually best practice. You realize that when they refer to a 30 day retention that doesn't mean for all email, right? Emails that are in your inbox, or saved in folders remain there. Just curious because it appears you really had no idea.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 08:55 AM   #2918
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Oh man, now we have TWO lawyers who have the temerity to disagree with your experience in the field of litigation hold letters and whether the server was blank.

By the way, folks? Anyone who thinks that intentionally deleting backups of documents that are subject to outstanding subpoenas, potential litigation or government investigations is "best practices" you will likely find your way on the fast track to an obstruction of justice charge or contempt of court.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 09:12 AM   #2919
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Oh man, now we have TWO lawyers who have the temerity to disagree with your experience in the field of litigation hold letters and whether the server was blank.

By the way, folks? Anyone who thinks that intentionally deleting backups of documents that are subject to outstanding subpoenas, potential litigation or government investigations is "best practices" you will likely find your way on the fast track to an obstruction of justice charge or contempt of court.
I'm done here. I think anyone that reads this will have the intelligence to know that you're just being ridiculous in hopes of not losing face.

I never said that deleting it was best practices. That's the dumbest interpretation someone could make. I said going from 30 days to 60 days isn't strange.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to have a real conversation instead of twisting things to try and win some internet points. I'll be around. This is 9/11 truther type stuff, and I have a limit on that.

Later Dog
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 09:14 AM   #2920
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,099
Judicial watch releases more of Hillary's emails!

The heroes at Judicial watch are keeping Americans up to date and have released another tranche of documents from Hillary's cowboy server.

Are there classified documents? Oh you know there are

Are there work documents that Hillary did not turn over to State? Oh hells yes.

The documents included 97 email exchanges with Clinton not previously turned over to the State Department, bringing the known total to date to at least 627 emails that were not part of the 55,000 pages of emails that Clinton turned over, and further contradicting a statement by Clinton that, “as far as she knew,” all of her government emails had been turned over to department.

Thank you Judicial Watch!
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.