ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th October 2017, 09:31 AM   #2481
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
My prediction is that after his fortnight suspension - coupled with his thought process that his kids tattled on him, that he will not return to the thread. He will most likely find another forum to spout his god thoughts and add us to the list of places he got banned for being god.
Ahh, but we offer something those other forums he flounced away from did not. We actually engage with him. We give him attention, something he seems to have trouble getting without first buying people a few rounds of booze.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 09:56 AM   #2482
kali1137
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Ahh, but we offer something those other forums he flounced away from did not. We actually engage with him. We give him attention, something he seems to have trouble getting without first buying people a few rounds of booze.
That is an excellent point I hadn't considered.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 12:21 PM   #2483
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Well, his FB message to me was fairly innocuous along the lines of "Why wont you answer me?" style of thing. It has not occurred to him that while my FB account has existed for years, I don't do anything with it or even much check it.
Old 14th October 2017, 04:10 AM   #2484
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

And once again the point is driven home as to why we can't have nice things.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 02:37 PM   #2485
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Ok, that’s a neat trick. He managed another Rule 8 violation while suspended, earning himself a ban. Any details on how he managed that? (PM requested if public posting is not acceptable.)

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=323876

For the record, the moderators responded and yes, posting portions of any Facebook conversations with him would be seen as posting by proxy, although they have, in their wisdom and patience, offered to review such content through PM to offer a decree on specific posts. As he hasn’t responded to me on Facebook I doubt this will be much of an issue anyway.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 03:46 PM   #2486
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Well now who do I give this box of chocolates that spell out 'Happy Mother's Day' to?
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 06:27 PM   #2487
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Well now who do I give this box of chocolates that spell out 'Happy Mother's Day' to?

Careful. Being banned doesn’t mean he can’t read the thread. Now he’ll claim you as a follower who acknowledges him as their mother.
Old 14th October 2017, 07:12 PM   #2488
hgus
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
He is a God after all. So put it outside the door. If Santa and the toothfearie can collect, surely our divine Mother can?
hgus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy