IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags flat earth , flat earthers

Old 2nd December 2017, 01:34 PM   #321
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Begging The Question Fallacy: "over the horizon"...is what you're attempting to prove.
Not trying to prove the horizon with the referenced observation, just pointing out the invalidity of your assuming the Navy saying to use LOS with a 35 mile missile means the Navy thinks no horizon exists.
Straw Man (Fallacy): I didn't say it was only for ships. jeez
I didn't state that you did, I am stating why the missile is no example of what the Navy thinks about whether the horizon exists

Last edited by LSSBB; 2nd December 2017 at 01:55 PM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:37 PM   #322
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

An aside, whenever I see big bold font in a post I read it in Owen Meany's voice. Just sayin'...
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:39 PM   #323
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by davefoc View Post
This does seem to be a problem for the theory that a container is necessary for gas to have pressure

And...? What Problem is that?

Quote:
The idea the round earthers have in their head is that the atmospheric pressure gradually tails off as the altitude increases

For the 1287th Time: Red Herring Fallacy (Irrelevant/Diversion). Before we discuss "Varying Pressures" we MUST FIRST reckon with how we got "Gas Pressure" to begin with...without a Container

Folks this isn't that hard.

regards
Daniel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:41 PM   #324
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You don’t know how a compass works?

Yea, I do. That's the problem.

Quote:
Wow.

Feigned Exasperations aren't coherent arguments/positions.

regards
Daniel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:42 PM   #325
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Let's take a look at these pics from Lake Ponchartrain...
Provide the source file for the first picture or it can be assumed to be fake.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:45 PM   #326
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by erlando View Post
Answering a question with further questions is not really answering.

Well instead of just telling you, I'm enabling you to find out for yourself. Rather than Catch the Fish for you, I'm teaching you to Fish without me.

Quote:
You also conveniently forgot to answer my second question: Is the sun a sphere?

I did answer it, I said: "I have No Idea. (and neither does anyone else)"

Do you have vision problems or is Cognitive Dissonance Blinding You?

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:51 PM   #327
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Well instead of just telling you, I'm enabling you to find out for yourself. Rather than Catch the Fish for you, I'm teaching you to Fish without me.
And all the fish caught agree the Earth is a sphere. Thanks for your help.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:53 PM   #328
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
From your link:

Here we go again Did I CITE it? smh

Quote:
That last sentence is where models fit into the scientific method.

Here, try this...

"The important point that Becher introduced is that the explanation of a natural phenomenon (i.e., model, theory) must be "TESTABLE" by "EXPERIMENTATION".
In other words once a model is proposed as an explanation of a phenomenon, it can "ONLY" be considered a "SCIENTIFIC MODEL" if it can be objectively "TESTED BY EXPERIMENTATION."
http://www.iun.edu/~cpanhd/C101webno...ic-method.html

So essentially "You're" Equivocating Fallacy with the Term "model".

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:54 PM   #329
The Big Dog

Yea, I do. That's the problem.

Feigned Exasperations aren't coherent arguments/positions.

regards
No, you don’t. That is the problem..

It wasn’t feigned.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:55 PM   #330
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

yes
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 01:57 PM   #331
The Big Dog

Here, try this...

"The important point that Becher introduced is that the explanation of a natural phenomenon (i.e., model, theory) must be "TESTABLE" by "EXPERIMENTATION".
In other words once a model is proposed as an explanation of a phenomenon, it can "ONLY" be considered a "SCIENTIFIC MODEL" if it can be objectively "TESTED BY EXPERIMENTATION."

regards
Did you cite it? Yes. An incoherent second grade class would understand that by now.

You keep citing sources that nuke your fantasies from orbit. Convenient!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 02:05 PM   #332
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Well the only thing I'm "advocating" for at the moment, ya know -- "My Argument" is that you can't have Gas Pressure Without a Container.
Fine, please prove this without simply reposting your link as if it is the one and only truth. Especially since you already totally ignored both my link to show that Air Pressure exists both compressed and unrestrained, and also showed you a video of unrestrained air pressure in action.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 2nd December 2017 at 02:13 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 02:06 PM   #333
threadworm
Graduate Poster

You provided a source that you believe proved your point. That same source contradicts you

Quote:

Here, try this...

Big words. If only you understood them.

If you spent as much time reading the text as you did formatting it you might get somewhere. That sentence quite nicely describes how to use models in the scientific method, here's the bit you didn't quote:

Quote:
A good model will not only explain the results of an experiment but it will also suggest additional experiments.

If the additional experiments are still explained by the model then the model gains stature and becomes a "theory". If still a large class of experiments are explained by the theory then it graduates to become a "law".

If the model fails to explain additional experiments then the additional experiments are used to revise the model. Is this fashion experiments and scientific models work hand in hand to improve one another.
You have no idea how science works, and you'd get further if you spent less time desperately trying to work out with logical fallacy you can arbitrarily decide to dismiss evidence on and more time producing a coherent and logically thought out argument of your own.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 02:06 PM   #334
davefoc
Philosopher

Daniel,
Instead of winding yourself up with word salad that pretty much only means something to you, how about answering a few of the simpler questions?
1. What does the edge of the earth look like? Are photos available? Have you been there or seen it? Has anybody?
2. What prevents the flat earth from forming into a spheroid shape? Aren't all the other planets that we observe spheroid shapes? Have any of them been observed to be flat?
3. Where is this container you keep talking about? Do you have pictures of it? Has anybody seen it? What is in this container, the moon, the sun, the stars?
4. Do you reject the idea that people in the southern hemisphere see a different set of stars than people in the northern hemisphere?
5. Do you reject the notion that there is a force between two objects proportional to the product of their mass? If so what is the source of the force that pulls things toward the earth.
6. The graph below is of atmospheric pressure versus altitude. Do you think the graph is wrong? Do you think the atmospheric drops to zero someplace? The normal idea is that the atmospheric pressure we sense on the surface of the earth is the result of the air above us being pulled towards the earth by the force of gravity. Do you have a different idea in mind?

image credit: By Klaus-Dieter Keller - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/inde...curid=25608825

Perfection is the enemy of good enough -- Russian proverb

Last edited by davefoc; 2nd December 2017 at 02:08 PM.
davefoc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 02:55 PM   #335
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Really? OK...

1. Which 'gravity'... Einstienian or Newtonian ??

a. Is gravity a Force?
b. Is 'gravity' a Scientific Law or Scientific Theory?
c. What is the CAUSE of 'gravity'...?
It doesn't matter for this discussion.

Quote:
2. Then (for both Cavendish and lead blocks and an inter"F"erometer') ...

a. What Phenomenon was Observed...?
b. Post the Formal Scientific Hypothesis then EXPERIMENT that validates your claim...?
c. Highlight the "Independent Variable" that was used in the TEST...?
d. Post the Null Hypothesis that was Rejected/Falsified...?
Gravity was shown. For details, do your own homework. Remember, it is not our duty to convince you. Frankly my dear, we don't give a damn.

Quote:
The total distance of these power lines over Lake Pontchartrain is 15.9 Miles.
Per Soundly: Viewer Height was between 35 - 50 Feet, so let's say 40 Feet.
The distance between each Pylon is .18 Miles. (~88 Pylons)
I counted ~ 40 Pylons in Soundly's now infamous "P-900" shot...roughly 7 Miles, with some significant curvature.
Yep. Nice demonstration.

Quote:
Furthermore, according to your 'Spinning Ball' Narrative, every point along a Tangent from your feet falls away from you in every direction at 8" per mile2.
Yep, and you always look along the tangent.

Quote:
The horizon at 7 Miles from 90 degrees --- through Zero --- to 270 degrees is 21.5 MILES.
Irrelevant.

Quote:
So you're saying that we see significant curvature on the Z Axis....which is at 7 Miles BUT along the X Axis...which is 21.5 MILES: It's FLAT, No Curvature ???
We always look along the tangent. The horizon is at the same distance in all directions.

Quote:
Moreover, I've been told for about 2 years now that there is no way to see curvature from anything less than (65,000 Feet - 12,000 Miles, and everything in-between ) THEN... Soundly (smh) shows it from 35 Feet!!
Nope. The curvature you mention now is in the X axis. There you need to be far enough from the surface to not look along the tangent. Really simple. You should be able to grasp it.

Hans
Old 2nd December 2017, 02:58 PM   #336
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

For the 1287th Time: Red Herring Fallacy (Irrelevant/Diversion). Before we discuss "Varying Pressures" we MUST FIRST reckon with how we got "Gas Pressure" to begin with...without a Container
We have gas pressure for the same reason that we have a pressure gradient. No, it ain't hard at all.

Hans
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:02 PM   #337
EHocking
Philosopher

That's Interesting, thanks for bringing it up. How in the World can a Compass work in the Southern Hemisphere on a Sphere ?? Wouldn't the needle be buried in the ring?
yes.
That is exactly what happens. The variation is up to 20o.

The needle of a compass that works in the SH is balanced differently than one that works in the NH, due to exactly this fact that the horizontal and vertical components of the earth's magnetic field vary considerably in different locations

The compass manufacturers use 5 global zones and 5 corresponding “magnetic balancing zones”.

You have correctly pointed out yet another Fact that demonstrates that the earth is a globe and not a platter.

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:29 PM   #338
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Not trying to prove the horizon with the referenced observation, just pointing out the invalidity of your assuming the Navy saying to use LOS with a 35 mile missile means the Navy thinks no horizon exists.

I'm not trying to prove any horizon or what the Navy 'believes', skipper. Your appeal here is a Painfully Incoherent Red Herring Fallacy.

How/What on Earth am I ASSUMING??

Here's "My Argument", read this slowly...

Sea Sparrow (NATO):

"Bistatic, semiactive seekers in the nose of a missile receive a reflected signal from a target that is being “illuminated” with an RF signal transmitted from a fire control radar on a stand-off platform (e.g., aircraft, ship). Such systems REQUIRE that the platform maintain LINE OF SIGHT (LOS) to the target until it is engaged by the missile. Ship-based standard missile (SM) and NATO Seasparrow AAW missiles are examples of such a semiactive mode."
http://m.eet.com/media/1111959/819_radar3.pdf

Range is MORE THAN 35 Miles. http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...-missile-essm/
The target is "Illuminated" with a 2 inch Pencil Beam (RF) which has to be maintained "Painted" on the target until detonation. At a more than generous 80 Feet Elevation above Sea LEVEL (Fire Control Radar Height), the target should be hidden behind 385 Feet of Curvature.

Please explain how you can have Line of Site (LOS) 35 Miles Away on a "Spinning-Ball" by showing how an 2" RF Pencil Beam can penetrate 385 Feet (117 METERS) of Target Hidden Height through a WALL OF WATER 24 MILES in Length...??
(ps. 35 miles is "Low Balling" : (The 'Official' Max Effective Range is Classified ---- i.e. it's MUCH MUCH greater than 35 Miles!).

Pretty Easy...What's your response??

Quote:
I didn't state that you did

You didn't state "WHAT"?

Quote:
I am stating why the missile is no example of what the Navy thinks about whether the horizon exists

Try this...

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop, True or False??
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:35 PM   #339
Daniel
Muse

Daniel,
Instead of winding yourself up with word salad that pretty much only means something to you, how about answering a few of the simpler questions?

I have a Novel Idea, Why don't you refute my ACTUAL ARGUMENTS!!!

my word people

So after I explain to your personally at least 3 Times and to this thread over 50 times, that "Varying Pressure" is an Incoherent Begging The Question Fallacy to My Argument of How do have "Gas Pressure" without a Container to begin with....

You Post a Graph showing "Varying Pressure" !!!!

Gooney Goo Goo. K?

oy vey
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:40 PM   #340
The Big Dog

my word people

So after I explain to your personally at least 3 Times and to this thread over 50 times, that "Varying Pressure" is an Incoherent Begging The Question Fallacy to My Argument of How do have "Gas Pressure" without a Container to begin with....

Gooney Goo Goo. K?

oy vey
did you read the source you cited several times? It explains it in really simple language! The one that explains "atmospheric pressure"? You know the one. It was awesome!

Super regards and super thanks for the link!
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:41 PM   #341
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

my word people

Gooney Goo Goo. K?

oy vey
In the unlikely event that you ever provide an argument that is not self-refuting, somebody here might take the time to refute it.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:43 PM   #342
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
It doesn't matter for this discussion.

Gravity was shown. For details, do your own homework. Remember, it is not our duty to convince you. Frankly my dear, we don't give a damn.

Yep. Nice demonstration.

Yep, and you always look along the tangent.

Irrelevant.

We always look along the tangent. The horizon is at the same distance in all directions.

Nope. The curvature you mention now is in the X axis. There you need to be far enough from the surface to not look along the tangent. Really simple. You should be able to grasp it.

Hans
I kind of doubt that he is able to understand it. If he had even a bit of a clue about geometry, he wouldn't be a flat earther.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:46 PM   #343
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Please explain how you can have Line of Site (LOS) 35 Miles Away on a "Spinning-Ball" by showing how an 2" RF Pencil Beam can penetrate 385 Feet (117 METERS) of Target Hidden Height through a WALL OF WATER 24 MILES in Length...??
(ps. 35 miles is "Low Balling" : (The 'Official' Max Effective Range is Classified ---- i.e. it's MUCH MUCH greater than 35 Miles!).

Easy.

Surface target? LOS is to the horizon and a little past.

Air target? LOS can be to 35 miles (plus some) depending on elevation.
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:47 PM   #344
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

my word people

Gooney Goo Goo. K?

oy vey
It is your bare assertion that gas pressure requires a container. Observed reality says otherwise.
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:55 PM   #345
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Strawman. The system is designed for both air and sea targets. The range of a sea target would be less then air. Do you deny the system is also used for air target (like your cite says)?

Old 2nd December 2017, 05:09 PM   #346
Daniel
Muse

[list=1][*]Gravity is a demonstrable attraction between physical objects based on mass[*]Gravity is the observable attraction between physical objects based on mass[*]Gravitational attraction is a property due to the mass of objects, the underlying communication method has been modeled using theories such as general relativity, however it's observational existence has been verified and needs to be accounted for.

So I ask you...

1. Which 'gravity'... Einstienian or Newtonian ??

Your Answer: skipped.

a. Is gravity a Force?

Your Answer: Gravity is a demonstrable attraction between physical objects based on mass.

Non-Sequitur Fallacy.

Your Answer: Gravity is the observable attraction between physical objects based on mass.

Another Non-Sequitur Fallacy.

Your Answer: Gravitational attraction is a property due to the mass of objects...la la la.

Another Non Sequitur Fallacy.

Why did you even post??

Quote:
Your requests are unnecessary and irrelevant.

Yes because they force you to SUPPORT your mindlessly 'wiki' PARROTED Claims.

Quote:
Gravity has been shown...

'gravity' What on Earth is that??

THEN, Which 'gravity'... Einstienian or Newtonian ??

a. Is gravity a Force?

Quote:
Gravity has been shown to exist via different experiments.

Yes and Aphrodite was actually Elmer Fudd in drag and was directly responsible for the TET Offensive.

Quote:
Mt. Everest exists, my theories of how it got there don't have a bearing on that fact.

Clumsy False Equivalence Fallacy: Mt Everest is a Physical Place that people can Stand On. Show the Physical Attributes and people standing on 'gravity'...?

Quote:
Your math is guesswork and apparently supposition as it is unreferenced

Generalized Sweeping Ipse Dixit Baseless 'bare' Assertion Fallacy (x2).

Quote:
The first picture has no traceability provided

So?

Quote:
nor anything showing it's exact location and time.

So? What's the Point of either?

Quote:
There is nothing to indicate they are identical points of view under identical circumstances.

1. Identical Points?? Of what are you referring to?
2. What is the significance of Identical Circumstances? And what do you mean by "Circumstances"...?

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:22 PM   #347
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Strawman.

Yes, Like Hydrogen is Straw Man to Water.

Quote:
The system is designed for both air and sea targets.

Yes, that's Correct.

Quote:
The range of a sea target would be less then air.

Why??

Ya see, when the Military denotes Ranges of its Weapon Systems/Munitions, it's SOP to be Uber Specific and Differentiate if there are limitations with different Targets/Situations (e.g., M203 -- Point vs Area Targets).
In this Particular Case, they DID NOT; Ergo...50 km's (Again, "Low Ball") is the Range for ALL Targets and the limitations are inherent to the Weapon System/Munition itself, nothing else.

Quote:
Do you deny the system is also used for air target (like your cite says)?

Nope.

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:28 PM   #348
Daniel
Muse

Did you cite it? Yes.

Why didn't you post it then... so as to SUPPORT your claim? Ergo...this is a Baseless Ipse Dixit 'bare' Assertion Fallacy.

Also, do you know the difference between a CITATION and a Reference (Source)? smh

Quote:
You keep citing sources that nuke your fantasies from orbit. Convenient!

Generalized Sweeping Ipse Dixit Baseless 'bare' Assertion Fallacy.

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:30 PM   #349
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Strawman. The system is designed for both air and sea targets. The range of a sea target would be less then air. Do you deny the system is also used for air target (like your cite says)?

Why??
Because the Earth is not flat.

Ya see, when the Military denotes Ranges of its Weapon Systems/Munitions, it's SOP to be Uber Specific and Differentiate if there are limitations with different Targets/Situations (e.g., M203 -- Point vs Area Targets).
In this Particular Case, they DID NOT; Ergo...50 km's (Again, "Low Ball") is the Range for ALL Targets and the limitations are inherent to the Weapon System/Munition itself, nothing else.

Show proof of this "SOP" that you claim and that it is always made avalible to the public.

Old 2nd December 2017, 05:36 PM   #350
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
It is your bare assertion that gas pressure requires a container.

Really?? LOL...

"The "PRESSURE OF A GAS" is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS OF IT'S CONTAINER".
http://chemistry.elmhurst.edu/vchemb...0pressure.html

Yep, 'Bare' Assertion.

"A GAS is a sample of matter that conforms to the shape of a CONTAINER in which it is held and acquires a uniform density inside the CONTAINER, EVEN IN THE PRESENCE OF GRAVITY and regardless of the amount of substance in the CONTAINER. If not confined to a CONTAINER, gaseous matter, also known as vapor, WILL DISPERSE INTO SPACE."
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/gas

Again, 'Bare' Assertion.

"Kinetic Molecular Theory Explanation of Boyle's Law...

Observations about pressure may be explained using the following ideas. The rapid motion and collisions of molecules with the WALLS OF THE CONTAINER causes PRESSURE (force on a unit area). Pressure is proportional to the number of molecular collisions and the force of the collisions in a particular area. The more collisions of *GAS MOLECULES* with THE WALLS, the higher the PRESSURE."

And yet another, 'Bare' Assertion.

Quote:
Observed reality says otherwise.

Yea, if your Reality is Shroom-Induced.

oy vey
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:44 PM   #351
The Big Dog

From your cite!

REGARDS and SUPER THANKS!
Why didn't you post it then... so as to SUPPORT your claim? Ergo...this is a Baseless Ipse Dixit 'bare' Assertion Fallacy.

Also, do you know the difference between a CITATION and a Reference (Source)? smh

regards
Fun! I did quote your source that you referenced repeatedly, and I posted it again! So, FUN!

And I do know that you cited to a reference/source, which source absolutely curb stomped the arguments you were making.

Fun regards!
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:46 PM   #352
Elagabalus
Philosopher

regards

You're like a broken record:

https://www.worthychristianforums.co...onents/?page=8
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:46 PM   #353
Daniel
Muse

Because the Earth is not flat.

That wasn't why I asked "WHY "?

I asked "Why " in response to your comment: "The range of a sea target would be less then air."

So you wanna try that one more time...?

Quote:
Show proof of this "SOP" that you claim and that it is always made avalible to the public.

Well this is something that is self-evident (a 'duh') to those of us who served in the Armed Forces.

However, here it is for my Example: M203 -- http://www.armystudyguide.com/conten...formatio.shtml

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:52 PM   #354
davefoc
Philosopher

"The "PRESSURE OF A GAS" is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS OF IT'S CONTAINER".

What does a barometer measure?

davefoc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:52 PM   #355
Daniel
Muse

Easy.

Surface target? LOS is to the horizon and a little past.

Air target? LOS can be to 35 miles (plus some) depending on elevation.

Yea, it sure is "Easy" to Make Stuff Up

Cite Source Please...?

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:54 PM   #356
Daniel
Muse

What does a barometer measure?

Atmospheric Pressure. What's next, what does a Voltmeter measure??

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:54 PM   #357
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I asked "Why " in response to your comment: "The range of a sea target would be less then air."

Because the Earth is not flat. Line of sight is less at sea level. Better?

Well this is something that is self-evident (a 'duh') to those of us who served in the Armed Forces.

However, here it is for my Example: M203 -- http://www.armystudyguide.com/conten...formatio.shtml

regards
Your source does not prove your claim. So it's believed by soldiers that capabilities and limitations of their weapon systems are made known to the public? Say that out loud a couple times and you should see how stupid that claim is.................

Old 2nd December 2017, 05:56 PM   #358
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post

Well that's the Beauty of TRUTH...it doesn't Change.

regards
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:56 PM   #359
The Big Dog

regards
Can I? Because the earth is a sphere!

You and I are a hell of a team! You keep serving up softballs and I keep hitting them into orbit around our planet earth, which is a sphere!

Old 2nd December 2017, 06:04 PM   #360
davefoc
Philosopher

Atmospheric Pressure. What's next, what does a Voltmeter measure??

regards
You seem to be claiming that a container is necessary for there to be gas pressure.

1. Is that what you are claiming?
2. If so where is the container that you are talking about? Do you have pictures of it? Has anybody seen it? Can it be detected?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories