ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th December 2017, 01:06 AM   #1361
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Did you do the conversion to kindle yourself or did you use the KDP service?
Stuff I self publish I use KDP and sign it up to be free to KU subscribers. As I write as a hobby, and am on a tight budget, it works for me, and is pretty quick and easy. Even I can convert a file, submit it, and create a cover in less than an hour. It's quick, easy, and costs nothing to put up.

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2017, 04:15 PM   #1362
Garrison
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
And you have a UK sale. It will be on my TBR next week.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Wudang View Post
Sorry but a misplaced upper case H on page 1 on the "Look Inside" feature:

I used to proofread tech manuals for IBM.
You would not believe how many times that manuscript has bee gone over. Mind you I was reading one David Weber's safehold books and found the acronym SNARC misspelled as SANRC, there really is no such thing as too much proofreading.

Originally Posted by Wudang View Post
I tried writing a novel over the last few months and I have a story line, setting, character arcs and every other component and yet I can't make the bloody thing come together. You have my respect, each and every one.
I have at least 3 novels (not counting the BTVS fan fic) that ended up dying a death because I discovered they didn't work, the only advice I can give is sometimes if you 'reverse' some of the plot arcs that can make things flow better, that is may be the cause and effect are the wrong way round.

Stuff I self publish I use KDP and sign it up to be free to KU subscribers. As I write as a hobby, and am on a tight budget, it works for me, and is pretty quick and easy. Even I can convert a file, submit it, and create a cover in less than an hour. It's quick, easy, and costs nothing to put up.
Pretty much what I did but as I have 3D rendering software and a bunch of models for it I did the cover with that and GIMP.

Last edited by Garrison; 4th December 2017 at 04:27 PM.
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2017, 07:49 PM   #1363
Hans
Philosopher

Yes it pretty much a retirement hobby for me also. I use KDP in the same manner. I fortunate to have access to photoshop which I use for the cover and the 150-200 images I put into each book.

The only real cost I have is buying the ISBNs
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2017, 02:07 AM   #1364
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
Thank you!
Not had as much time as I wanted for reading, but will review as soon as I can.

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts