ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Michael Avenatti

Reply
Old 9th July 2018, 09:04 AM   #81
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Thirsty got sued by the woman that Broidy allegedly knocked up.

the complaint is under seal, so I cannot say with assurance why Avenatti was named as a defendant. Of course Avenatti rushed right to Twitter to complain about it, and got destroyed by one of the plaintiff's lawyers in reply.

Here is some info. https://twitter.com/PeterStris/statu...14117622521856

If I were a betting man, I would lay 2-1 odds that the woman/plaintiff went to Avenatti for advice about her NDA and Thirsty managed to breach it causing Broidy to stop payments.

Time will tell, but I think we can all agree that Avenatti is a complete bozo.
What for? Playing into Avenatti's hands. If I were a betting man, I'd say it is frivolous.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 09:02 AM   #82
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Thirsty got sued by the woman that Broidy allegedly knocked up.

the complaint is under seal, so I cannot say with assurance why Avenatti was named as a defendant. Of course Avenatti rushed right to Twitter to complain about it, and got destroyed by one of the plaintiff's lawyers in reply.

Here is some info. https://twitter.com/PeterStris/statu...14117622521856

If I were a betting man, I would lay 2-1 odds that the woman/plaintiff went to Avenatti for advice about her NDA and Thirsty managed to breach it causing Broidy to stop payments.

Time will tell, but I think we can all agree that Avenatti is a complete bozo.
Avid readers of this thread were no doubt waiting for the other shoe to drop, and boy howdy, did it ever. In response to Avenatti's thirsty decision to run litigation through his twitter account, the plaintiff's lawyer dropped this thermonuclear own:

Quote:
Putting lies in legal documents doesn’t make them true. When YOU inevitably leak our complaint, it will be very clear why Judge Kwan provisionally sealed it for 20 days. Your media sideshow is a disgrace.:
Damn.....

https://twitter.com/PeterStris/statu...11156830834689
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 09:44 AM   #83
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Avid readers of this thread were no doubt waiting for the other shoe to drop, and boy howdy, did it ever. In response to Avenatti's thirsty decision to run litigation through his twitter account, the plaintiff's lawyer dropped this thermonuclear own:



Damn.....

https://twitter.com/PeterStris/statu...11156830834689
I fear your new hero will prove to have feet of clay. He comes across as a complete dick.


The seal will come off in twenty days, so we'll soon see what it's all about.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 09:49 AM   #84
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
I fear your new hero will prove to have feet of clay. He comes across as a complete dick.


The seal will come off in twenty days, so we'll soon see what it's all about.
You do realize that all the lawyer is doing is replying to Thirsty's attacks on twitter right?

Avenatti went into court today without notice and claiming to represent the plaintiff to get the seal lifted. Seems like Thirsty failed again.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 10:15 AM   #85
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You do realize that all the lawyer is doing is replying to Thirsty's attacks on twitter right?
I've read what Avenatti has said too, and he doesn't come across as a dick. Your new hero does.


Quote:
Avenatti went into court today without notice and claiming to represent the plaintiff to get the seal lifted. Seems like Thirsty failed again.
Avenatti was acting on behalf of the defendants in the secret suit, of whom he is one, so he was a plaintiff. Who did you think "the plaintiff" referred to?
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 10:16 AM   #86
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
What for? Playing into Avenatti's hands. If I were a betting man, I'd say it is frivolous.
It's definitely bizarre.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 10:23 AM   #87
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
I've read what Avenatti has said too, and he doesn't come across as a dick. Your new hero does.
Hmmm, you think that your hero is not acting like a dick, but the guy replying to him is? Ok

Quote:
Avenatti was acting on behalf of the defendants in the secret suit, of whom he is one, so he was a plaintiff. Who did you think "the plaintiff" referred to?
wait, "acting on behalf of the defendants in the secret suit, of whom he is one" in a suit brought against the defendants by a plaintiff makes a defendant a "plaintiff"? that is hilarious!! Oh man, thanks for the laugh!

the fact that Thirsty put that on his pleading means he is either dishonest or spectacularly incompetent.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 10:33 AM   #88
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21,922
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Avenatti
Are you feeling okay?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 10:53 AM   #89
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hmmm, you think that your hero is not acting like a dick, but the guy replying to him is? Ok



wait, "acting on behalf of the defendants in the secret suit, of whom he is one" in a suit brought against the defendants by a plaintiff makes a defendant a "plaintiff"? that is hilarious!! Oh man, thanks for the laugh!

the fact that Thirsty put that on his pleading means he is either dishonest or spectacularly incompetent.
You're spinning. And it is funny.

Bechard is suing him for what? Seriously.

Avenatti was never ever Bechard's attorney so how has he breached any privilege? The answer is he hasn't. If Bechard has a complaint, she needs to take it up with her former attorney, Davidson.

What this proves is you can sue anybody for anything and totally without grounds. You may not win, but you definitely can sue.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 10:56 AM   #90
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Are you feeling okay?
I feel terrific, thanks ever so much for asking.

Michael Avenatti just showed again what a sloppy, incompetent lawyer he is, and got his ass handed to him.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 11:18 AM   #91
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,271
I wonder if Avenatti planned this?

Quote:
Trump exercised his power by nominating Brett Kavanaugh Monday night at the White House, adult film star Stormy Daniels exercised hers about a mile away, wearing nothing but black heels.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/0...r-white-house/
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 11:21 AM   #92
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I feel terrific, thanks ever so much for asking.

Michael Avenatti just showed again what a sloppy, incompetent lawyer he is, and got his ass handed to him.
What the hell are you talking about when you say he had his ass handed to him? So Bechard sued him. Big deal. You keep making the mistake of confusing suing and winning a case. Huge difference.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 11:48 AM   #93
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Motion to unseal: denied.

It was a conditional sealing order so the lawsuit should be unsealed in 20 days, unless there are further motions to keep it sealed.

Chalk up yet another loss for Mike (although I expect he will be blathering about the contents of the complaint soon enough, because thirsty.)
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 11:59 AM   #94
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Motion to unseal: denied.

It was a conditional sealing order so the lawsuit should be unsealed in 20 days, unless there are further motions to keep it sealed.

Chalk up yet another loss for Mike (although I expect he will be blathering about the contents of the complaint soon enough, because thirsty.)
So what? The motion was denied. This hardly qualifies as getting his ass handed to him.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 12:04 PM   #95
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21,922
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Michael Avenatti
Are you sure you don't need a lie down?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 02:51 PM   #96
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hmmm, you think that your hero is not acting like a dick, but the guy replying to him is? Ok
Your new hero claimed that Avenatti has been begging him not to sue, which doesn't approach credibility - the action of a dick. Avenatti replies that Stris is lying, which is entirely credible since that's the sort of thing dick's do.


Quote:
wait, "acting on behalf of the defendants in the secret suit, of whom he is one" in a suit brought against the defendants by a plaintiff makes a defendant a "plaintiff"? that is hilarious!! Oh man, thanks for the laugh!
The motion to remove the seal on the secret suit is not the secret suit itself. It is a different thing. Avenatti is the plaintiff in the motion, and a defendant in the secret suit.


Quote:
the fact that Thirsty put that on his pleading means he is either dishonest or spectacularly incompetent.
It's more likely that you're rather confused, isn't it?
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 02:59 PM   #97
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
The motion to remove the seal on the secret suit is not the secret suit itself. It is a different thing. Avenatti is the plaintiff in the motion, and a defendant in the secret suit.

It's more likely that you're rather confused, isn't it?


A person bringing a motion is called a "movant." Indeed the actual motion that Thirsty filed and which I linked to earlier refers to the actual plaintiff as the plaintiff and Avenatti as "Defendant."

The absolute cherry on top of that fail sundae was this: "It's more likely that you're rather confused, isn't it."

Pride goeth before the fall....

Fantastic.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 03:05 PM   #98
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post


A person bringing a motion is called a "movant." Indeed the actual motion that Thirsty filed and which I linked to earlier refers to the actual plaintiff as the plaintiff and Avenatti as "Defendant."

The absolute cherry on top of that fail sundae was this: "It's more likely that you're rather confused, isn't it."

Pride goeth before the fall....

Fantastic.
Hmmmm. Pride goeth before fall. Can we quote you on that?
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 03:11 PM   #99
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Scene: courtroom

Bailiff: Smith v. Jones
Attorney 1: Good morning, Fred Doe for plaintiff
Attorney 2: Hello Judge, Dred Foe for Plaintiff
Judge: Oh, where is defendant?
2: Oh I represent the defendant, but it is my motion, so I am Plaintiff.
Judge: falls off chair laughing, holds 2 in contempt.

Fin
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 03:39 PM   #100
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Scene: courtroom

Bailiff: Smith v. Jones
Attorney 1: Good morning, Fred Doe for plaintiff
Attorney 2: Hello Judge, Dred Foe for Plaintiff
Judge: Oh, where is defendant?
2: Oh I represent the defendant, but it is my motion, so I am Plaintiff.
Judge: falls off chair laughing, holds 2 in contempt.

Fin
Some people amuse themselves. I wish I was that clever.

__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 04:21 PM   #101
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post


A person bringing a motion is called a "movant." Indeed the actual motion that Thirsty filed and which I linked to earlier refers to the actual plaintiff as the plaintiff and Avenatti as "Defendant."
I missed your link to the motion; could you re-post it? Meanwhile there's an excerpt shown here https://twitter.com/michaelavenatti/...50791568830464 which bears the title "Plaintiff's Memorandum in Support of Ex Parte Applicant". Is that an error? Should it be "Movant's Memorandum"? I live to learn.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 06:27 PM   #102
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
I missed your link to the motion; could you re-post it? Meanwhile there's an excerpt shown here https://twitter.com/michaelavenatti/...50791568830464 which bears the title "Plaintiff's Memorandum in Support of Ex Parte Applicant". Is that an error? Should it be "Movant's Memorandum"? I live to learn.
That is what I linked to earlier. Avenatti ********** up again when he erroneously wrote that it was plaintiff's motion.

Spectacular incompetence.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 06:37 PM   #103
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
That is what I linked to earlier. Avenatti ********** up again when he erroneously wrote that it was plaintiff's motion.

Spectacular incompetence.
Incompetent eh?

That lawyer has won lots of cases and made more money than you could dream of. And unlike Trump, Avenatti was born of modest means. Talk to us when you've pleaded and won a case in court. Because this Internet lawyering from the cheap seats seems pretty absurd.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 01:57 PM   #104
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
That is what I linked to earlier. Avenatti ********** up again when he erroneously wrote that it was plaintiff's motion.
Spectacular incompetence.
Incredible incompetence. Which is to say, not credible.

A plaintiff is someone who initiates a legal action - in this case, a request for the seal to be removed from the secret suit. Avenatti was the plaintiff, and the case for that request being granted was set out in the Plaintiff's Memorandum.

Avenatti is apparently a defendant in the secret suit, but the secret suit and the request for the seal on the secret suit to be lifted are different things. In the latter thing, Avenatti was the plaintiff.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 01:58 PM   #105
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Incompetent eh?

That lawyer has won lots of cases and made more money than you could dream of. And unlike Trump, Avenatti was born of modest means. Talk to us when you've pleaded and won a case in court. Because this Internet lawyering from the cheap seats seems pretty absurd.
Yup.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 02:15 PM   #106
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Incredible incompetence. Which is to say, not credible.

A plaintiff is someone who initiates a legal action - in this case, a request for the seal to be removed from the secret suit. Avenatti was the plaintiff, and the case for that request being granted was set out in the Plaintiff's Memorandum.

Avenatti is apparently a defendant in the secret suit, but the secret suit and the request for the seal on the secret suit to be lifted are different things. In the latter thing, Avenatti was the plaintiff.
You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

say, maybe you will understand this if 'super' lawyer Mikey avenatti explains it!

Here is the motion he filed:

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...50791568830464

Click on the image!

You see the first line, he refers to "Plaintiff Sarah Bechard." In line two its says "defendant Michael Avenatti ("Defendant")."

ya following here??

Now, on the bottom he wrote "Plaintiff's Memorandum." Why did he do that? Because he is an incompetent hack of an ambulance chaser.

BASTA!
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 11th July 2018 at 02:27 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 02:41 PM   #107
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...50791568830464

Click on the image!

You see the first line, he refers to "Plaintiff Sarah Bechard." In line two its says "defendant Michael Avenatti ("Defendant")."
With reference to the secret suit, in which Bechard is the plaintiff and Avenatti apparently one of the defendants.

Quote:
ya following here??

Now, on the bottom he wrote "Plaintiff's Memorandum." Why did he do that? Because he is an incompetent hack of an ambulance chaser.

BASTA!
The memorandum is the case for the request that the seal on the secret suit be lifted : in that legal action (which is not the secret suit) Avenatti is the plaintiff and the memorandum is the Plaintiff's Memorandum.

So the very successful lawyer did not make an egregious error, and you did not catch him out on it. The seal was not lifted, but not because Avenatti was confused as to his role or standing in the case. And in a less than three weeks it'll come off anyway, unless some effort is made to keep it secret, at which point one would have to wonder why.

Why is it being kept secret now, for that matter? What's the word in the treehouse?
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 02:51 PM   #108
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
The memorandum is the case for the request that the seal on the secret suit be lifted : in that legal action (which is not the secret suit) Avenatti is the plaintiff and the memorandum is the Plaintiff's Memorandum.

So the very successful lawyer did not make an egregious error, and you did not catch him out on it.
Let me let you down easy. Either Avenatti was wrong in his motion where he called himself "defendant" (repeatedly) or (are ya following?) he was wrong when he referred to it as "plaintiff's memorandum" on the bottom of the page. (as I have repeatedly and expertly explained, his ****up was referring to it as "plaintiff's memorandum" on every page of his motion (that he lost)) There ain't no way your incompetent hero is coming out of this competently.

By the way, the ex parte application was filed in the suit where the Plaintiff is Sarah Bechard and a defendant is Michael Avenatti.

Yeah, TBD caught the incompetent bankrupt lawyer out on an egregious error. Because TBD is just that good.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 11th July 2018 at 03:23 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 08:52 PM   #109
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Let me let you down easy. Either Avenatti was wrong in his motion where he called himself "defendant" (repeatedly) or (are ya following?) he was wrong when he referred to it as "plaintiff's memorandum" on the bottom of the page. (as I have repeatedly and expertly explained, his ****up was referring to it as "plaintiff's memorandum" on every page of his motion (that he lost)) There ain't no way your incompetent hero is coming out of this competently.

By the way, the ex parte application was filed in the suit where the Plaintiff is Sarah Bechard and a defendant is Michael Avenatti.

Yeah, TBD caught the incompetent bankrupt lawyer out on an egregious error. Because TBD is just that good.

You still going on about this? Getting mighty boring. Avenatti is a highly successful attorney. Are you?
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 07:40 AM   #110
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
A federal bankruptcy judge issued a restraining order late Wednesday to block the firm of
Quote:
Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for porn star Stormy Daniels, from spending any fees it collects while it owes more than $10 million in unpaid debts and back taxes.

The move by Judge Catherine Bauer of U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Santa Ana was a severe blow to Avenatti, whose personal financial troubles have deepened as his star has risen on cable news.
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...711-story.html

Notice that contemptible and inept knucklehead said "that was what we wanted."

Yeah, having a Judge oversee every single dime of collection from 54 cases is what thirsty wanted.

Bwhahaha!!

Basta baby!
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 09:18 AM   #111
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
A federal bankruptcy judge issued a restraining order late Wednesday to block the firm of

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...711-story.html

Notice that contemptible and inept knucklehead said "that was what we wanted."

Yeah, having a Judge oversee every single dime of collection from 54 cases is what thirsty wanted.

Bwhahaha!!

Basta baby!
Is someone here obsessed? I think so.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 02:10 PM   #112
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Thirsty admits, nay brags about conduct that is in clear violation of Rule 2-100 of the California Ethics rules by engaging in a discussion with Cohen who is represented by counsel.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/C...les/Rule-2-100

This guy is not just scumbag, he is a *********** dumbass.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 21st July 2018 at 02:55 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 02:48 PM   #113
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Thirsty admits, nay brags about violating Rule 2-100 of the California Ethics rules by engaging in a discussion with Cohen who is represented by counsel.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/C...les/Rule-2-100

This guy is not just scumbag, he is a *********** dumbass scumbag.

Rule 2-100 Communication With a Represented Party

(A) While representing a client, a member shall not communicate directly or indirectly about the subject of the representation with a party the member knows to be represented by another lawyer in the matter, unless the member has the consent of the other lawyer.

Rule 2-100 Communication With a Represented Party
(A) While representing a client, a member shall not communicate directly or indirectly about the subject of the representation with a party the member knows to be represented by another lawyer in the matter, unless the member has the consent of the other lawyer.

(B) For purposes of this rule, a "party" includes:

(1) An officer, director, or managing agent of a corporation or association, and a partner or managing agent of a partnership; or

(2) An association member or an employee of an association, corporation, or partnership, if the subject of the communication is any act or omission of such person in connection with the matter which may be binding upon or imputed to the organization for purposes of civil or criminal liability or whose statement may constitute an admission on the part of the organization.

(C) This rule shall not prohibit:

(1) Communications with a public officer, board, committee, or body; or

(2) Communications initiated by a party seeking advice or representation from an independent lawyer of the party's choice; or

(3) Communications otherwise authorized by law.

Discussion:

Rule 2-100 is intended to control communications between a member and persons the member knows to be represented by counsel unless a statutory scheme or case law will override the rule. There are a number of express statutory schemes which authorize communications between a member and person who would otherwise be subject to this rule. These statutes protect a variety of other rights such as the right of employees to organize and to engage in collective bargaining, employee health and safety, or equal employment opportunity. Other applicable law also includes the authority of government prosecutors and investigators to conduct criminal investigations, as limited by the relevant decisional law.

Rule 2-100 is not intended to prevent the parties themselves from communicating with respect to the subject matter of the representation, and nothing in the rule prevents a member from advising the client that such communication can be made. Moreover, the rule does not prohibit a member who is also a party to a legal matter from directly or indirectly communicating on his or her own behalf with a represented party. Such a member has independent rights as a party which should not be abrogated because of his or her professional status. To prevent any possible abuse in such situations, the counsel for the opposing party may advise that party (1) about the risks and benefits of communications with a lawyer-party, and (2) not to accept or engage in communications with the lawyer-party.

Talking to another lawyer does not constitute a violation of professional ethics.

Try another tack to smear Avenatti This one is off by a mile.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 21st July 2018 at 02:53 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 03:09 PM   #114
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
I notice that a bunch of Thirsty Fans have been claiming that Thirsty did not violate the rule because Cohen is a lawyer.

Notably, the fact that the other party represented by counsel is a lawyer does not in any way, shape or form abrogate the violation of the Rule.

Lawyers hire lawyers to represent them in litigation, and they are not entitled to less protection than any other client.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 03:25 PM   #115
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131


Please, continue.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 03:26 PM   #116
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I notice that a bunch of Thirsty Fans have been claiming that Thirsty did not violate the rule because Cohen is a lawyer.

Notably, the fact that the other party represented by counsel is a lawyer does not in any way, shape or form abrogate the violation of the Rule.

Lawyers hire lawyers to represent them in litigation, and they are not entitled to less protection than any other client.
You simply don't understand the rule. This is not surprising since you are a couch potato attorney with zero experience in the law and you have a hard on for Avenatti.

Why don't you wait for Lanny Davis to assert that Avenatti was out of bounds before you start your vilification of Avenatti on this?

No, you'd rather display a faux outrage.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 03:49 PM   #117
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,287
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post

Please, continue.
Happy to continue:

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...34481839210496

https://twitter.com/ScottGreenfield/...04160741740544

Oh look actual lawyers agreeing with TBD's analysis

/Ah, the laughing dog, that is level of discourse I have come to expect.
__________________
CCP human rights abuse deniers are the fundamental equivalent of holocaust deniers.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 21st July 2018 at 03:50 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 03:56 PM   #118
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
The laughing dog is all you deserve.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 03:57 PM   #119
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,781
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Let me let you down easy. Either Avenatti was wrong in his motion where he called himself "defendant" (repeatedly) or (are ya following?) he was wrong when he referred to it as "plaintiff's memorandum" on the bottom of the page. (as I have repeatedly and expertly explained, his ****up was referring to it as "plaintiff's memorandum" on every page of his motion (that he lost)) There ain't no way your incompetent hero is coming out of this competently.
As I've explained, Avenatti is a defendant in the secret suit but the plaintiff in the application to have the seal lifted.

Quote:
By the way, the ex parte application was filed in the suit where the Plaintiff is Sarah Bechard and a defendant is Michael Avenatti.
What do you think you mean by "filed in the [secret] suit"? The secret suit and the ex parte application are distinct entities. In the former Avenatti is a defendant. In the latter he is the plaintiff.

Quote:
Yeah, TBD caught the incompetent bankrupt lawyer out on an egregious error. Because TBD is just that good.
I don't imagine anything will ever shake your belief in that.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 04:02 PM   #120
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,179
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Happy to continue:

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...34481839210496

https://twitter.com/ScottGreenfield/...04160741740544

Oh look actual lawyers agreeing with TBD's analysis

/Ah, the laughing dog, that is level of discourse I have come to expect.
I'm still laughing. Opinions are like anuses . Everyone has one. And when it comes to something political, the anuses come out like a mooning party.

As I said. Why don't you wait for Lanny Davis, Michael Cohen's attorney to complain? We really don't know the specifics of their conversation and as always the devil is in the details.
__________________
A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.