ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd September 2018, 07:33 PM   #1
geggy
Muse

17 years later...

.. Only one person has been convicted of the 911 attacks. The convicted denied involvement but admitted to being an al-Qaeda operative.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tria...ber_11_attacks
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 07:38 PM   #2
Thermal
Illuminator

I think we kind of killed them instead.
Old 3rd September 2018, 02:01 AM   #3
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

You'd think a government orchestrated conspiracy would be a lot better at framing and convicting people to help sell their story... guess we can add that to the list of things they forgot to do along side 'forgot to add any Iraqi's to the plot', and 'forgot to organise a 4th plane to hit the Pentagon'.
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 02:23 AM   #4
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by geggy View Post
.. Only one person has been convicted of the 911 suicide attacks.
Clue added, for those not in possession of one.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 05:45 AM   #5
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Clue added, for those not in possession of one.

Dave
If I did smileys I'd give you one.
Old 3rd September 2018, 07:22 AM   #6
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Not trying KSM is kind of a big pie in the face of the American legal and political process.
Old 3rd September 2018, 08:38 AM   #7
MicahJava
Master Poster

The official 9/11 story is like the toothless naked giggly fat dude rocking out to "baby I'm naked" on his fisher price guitar. He is held together more by his total mass than his individual segmented masses barely holding up through the earthquake, like Jello squares held in a twine basket, but it's Chinese buffet extra-firm Jello.

Last edited by MicahJava; 3rd September 2018 at 08:39 AM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 08:42 AM   #8
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

And even that mess of word salad is more coherent than any of the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 08:53 AM   #9
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
The official 9/11 story is like the toothless naked giggly fat dude rocking out to "baby I'm naked" on his fisher price guitar. He is held together more by his total mass than his individual segmented masses barely holding up through the earthquake, like Jello squares held in a twine basket, but it's Chinese buffet extra-firm Jello.
"vivid" imagery

Old 3rd September 2018, 11:13 AM   #10
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

.. Only one person has been convicted of the 911 attacks. The convicted denied involvement but admitted to being an al-Qaeda operative.

Are you sure? Can you prove it? Can you comment on the post you made?

It would be a waste of time to convict Atta and his fellow dumbed down terrorists for UBL, they killed themselves killing people. Thus 19 guilty terrorists commited suicide - kind of self convicted.

17 years later no commentary

Projecting for the entire mess of 9/11 truth cult lies and fantasy claims about 9/11. Are you last cult member of 9/11 truth.

And the evidence is where? The dog ate it? Their computer got a virus? Their smart TV hacked their computer? They left it in their mom's car? What happened to their evidence? Try telling the truth; 9/11 truth has no evidence, and 9/11 truth believers are clueless on all things 9/11. Better luck with Bigfoot, they can use the same evidence they have for 9/11 claims they can't define or explain.

Cult member in action!
17 years, nothing has changed - 9/11 truth is a movement based on the ignorance of the followers who believe lies
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 11:37 AM   #11
Axxman300
Illuminator

Someone has to say it:

9-11 Truthers are the worst kind of idiots. They're stupid by choice.

They ignore the fact and embrace not only wild speculation, but 100% implausible theories at every step of the way.

Al Qaeda did it. They took responsibility for it.

FBI and CIA might have been able to head off the attack had they shared information, and took terrorism a little more seriously than they did on 9/10/2001.

That's it, that's all you need to know.
Old 3rd September 2018, 02:16 PM   #12
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

One day you might see how the above casts you in a negative light rather than this “official story” you’re critical of.

But I doubt it.
Old 3rd September 2018, 03:20 PM   #13
michael44
Critical Thinker

9/11 today reminds of the time when Stephanopoulos interviewed Trump...

"Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of (Muslim) people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e5db76c0f877
michael44 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 04:13 PM   #14
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

When you say "official story", could you please point me to where this story exists and who the official was that approved it?
Old 3rd September 2018, 05:44 PM   #15
Axxman300
Illuminator

While we're on the subject about the passage of time, a question:

How much has the software used to model structural collapse improved since 2002? Is it better? Is is cheaper? Is it easier to use?

Are there new software programs that do the same as the NIST's model, ut for less?

I ask only because in 2001 I had a land line for both my telephone,and my computer. Today my smart phone has more memory and computing power than the desktop I had in 2001. I wonder how hard it would be for a layman to feed blueprints into a program and model 9-11 for themselves, or what the cost would be today (average) to contract with an engineering firm to run the scenarios?

I mean, for all the money A&ETruth has raised, how many tests could they run each year with their budget?
Old 3rd September 2018, 06:33 PM   #16
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
While we're on the subject about the passage of time, a question:

How much has the software used to model structural collapse improved since 2002? Is it better? Is is cheaper? Is it easier to use?

Are there new software programs that do the same as the NIST's model, ut for less?

I ask only because in 2001 I had a land line for both my telephone,and my computer. Today my smart phone has more memory and computing power than the desktop I had in 2001. I wonder how hard it would be for a layman to feed blueprints into a program and model 9-11 for themselves, or what the cost would be today (average) to contract with an engineering firm to run the scenarios?

I mean, for all the money A&ETruth has raised, how many tests could they run each year with their budget?
They tried that in Alaska, apparently. Results any day now.

Any... Day... Now..............
Old 3rd September 2018, 07:32 PM   #17
Venom
Graduate Poster

9/11 shows a failure of the education system coupled with inherent biases we all have that we refuse to rethink.

"It looked like a demolition"....okay how does that mean it IS though? Could there be another explanation before jumping down the rabbit hole of ad hoc assertions at every point?

Any sane human being sees the planes hit, fires develop and rage for some time, then the buildings collapsing. Occam's Razor tells us let's try to find out how that happened, if only a cursory investigation.

No wiring, no standard demolition stuff in the vicinity, no men clad in all black nearby to "pull" it. Thermite, if Harrit's stuff was even thermite (it's not), doesn't prove **** anyway.

And had it been bombed with actual explosives...it wouldn't even prove it was an inside job, it would only prove a bombing (Ramzi Yousef).

9/11 conspiracy theories are based firmly on cynicism, not on any genuine concerns.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 08:03 PM   #18
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
They tried that in Alaska, apparently. Results any day now.

Any... Day... Now..............
If a Truther entered college in 2005 they would have multiple PhD's in the relative fields of science by now.
Old 5th September 2018, 02:01 AM   #19
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Then by all means, go ahead and educate us.

Start your own thread in which you lay out the evidence for whatever alternative theory you have. Stun the world and silence your critics.

Note my words carefully: evidence for your theory. Not a Gish Gallop of anomaly hunting. Not unevidenced speculation. Not a link to a CT site. Actual positive evidence.

As you appear to be in possession of all the answers, it shouldn't take you long.
I await my imminent re-education with anticipation.
Old 5th September 2018, 02:41 AM   #20
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post

Start your own thread in which you lay out the evidence for whatever alternative theory you have. Stun the world and silence your critics.

Note my words carefully: evidence for your theory. Not a Gish Gallop of anomaly hunting. Not unevidenced speculation. Not a link to a CT site. Actual positive evidence.

As you appear to be in possession of all the answers, it shouldn't take you long.
See you in 2040?
Old 5th September 2018, 09:37 AM   #21
Belz...
Fiend God

9-11 Truthers are the worst kind of idiots.
They can't really beat flat earthers in the stupid category. Come on.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 02:41 PM   #22
Venom
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
They can't really beat flat earthers in the stupid category. Come on.
I really don't consider flat earthers legitimately nuts, at least not these new people who seem to be doing online epistemological exercises instead. The last real flat earthers seem to have disappeared after the mid-late 20th century.

On my spectrum from probable to bat**** insane I rate most 9/11 truthers "not even wrong"
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2018, 01:45 AM   #23
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
See you in 2040?
Pah ! Cynic!

I have absolute faith that MicahJava, with his fierce and unwavering commitment to truth and justice, will not let this opportunity pass.

Come on, MicahJava! Let 'em have it!
Old 7th September 2018, 06:35 AM   #24
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Ok, after all this time away, I just gotta say one thing:

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
I am so glad Beechy is still using this picture. In a world of constant change, it's so satisfying to see that some things never change.
Old 7th September 2018, 06:37 AM   #25
ElMondoHummus

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
One day you might see how the above casts you in a negative light rather than this “official story” you’re critical of.

But I doubt it.
What's scary is the utter level of detail. It's like it's less construct and more witness testimony.
Old 7th September 2018, 06:39 AM   #26
ElMondoHummus

If a Truther entered college in 2005 they would have multiple PhD's in the relative fields of science by now.
What makes you think they wouldn't have flunked out?
Old 7th September 2018, 06:44 AM   #27
Dave Rogers

Either that, or they'd have got the floors really, really clean.

Dave

Old 11th September 2018, 08:23 AM   #28
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

So, how where the nutters this year at ground zero?

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:11 PM   #29
Axxman300
Illuminator

Here's a link to the National Security Archive's CIA/9-11 declassified document collection:

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB381/

This was created in 2012, and is comprehensive. I'm just posting it for interested parties to bookmark for those inevitable "New Information" CT threads that will pop up in the future.
Old 11th September 2018, 02:08 PM   #30
Venom
Graduate Poster

17 years later I've decided to read NIST's report again front to back.

Lot of stuff still over my head but I'll try to follow closely.
Old 11th September 2018, 02:22 PM   #31
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
The "9/11 Truth Action Project", an AE911T spin-off founded by Wayne Coste, has about 20 "Vigils for 9/11 Justice" scheduled for today:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/911TAP/events/

I count a grand total of near 150 people that are interested or going - 7 and half per event. What a storm is sweeping all over the land!!
Old 11th September 2018, 04:08 PM   #32
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Anyone remember the days where the anniversary would generate scores, if not hundreds of new posts in this forum?
Old 11th September 2018, 05:37 PM   #33
Venom
Graduate Poster

Do you think any truthers have worked towards an engineering or physics or related degree since? I mean the potential to uncover, or not even uncover more damning discrepancies but rather to learn more about what they're so convinced of? I know I'd be obsessed to death if I was convinced there was something so damningly strange about the 9/11 collapse. And STEM degrees are rather versatile so they've got little to lose IMO. But then again I'm OCD as hell.

I assume the majority of truthers are attracted to higher education, stemming from their eagerness to question the world. Why not actually try to learn in depth; potential world-shattering Nobel Prize awaits.

If I was convinced of a conspiracy I know I would donate a crap load of my own money and spread the word to donate all across the United States. I wouldn't sit on my ass debating people I consider shills in small message boards and groups over the internet.

I'd like to see every single one of these people (like a quarter of the populace who said they questioned the events of 9/11?) all the people on YouTube and Facebook and Twitter yelling "inside job!" to throw their own cold hard money into AE9/11's donation box.

I don't expect them to.
Old 11th September 2018, 07:22 PM   #34
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Do you think any truthers have worked towards an engineering or physics or related degree since? I mean the potential to uncover, or not even uncover more damning discrepancies but rather to learn more about what they're so convinced of? I know I'd be obsessed to death if I was convinced there was something so damningly strange about the 9/11 collapse. And STEM degrees are rather versatile so they've got little to lose IMO. But then again I'm OCD as hell.

I assume the majority of truthers are attracted to higher education, stemming from their eagerness to question the world. Why not actually try to learn in depth; potential world-shattering Nobel Prize awaits.

If I was convinced of a conspiracy I know I would donate a crap load of my own money and spread the word to donate all across the United States. I wouldn't sit on my ass debating people I consider shills in small message boards and groups over the internet.

I'd like to see every single one of these people (like a quarter of the populace who said they questioned the events of 9/11?) all the people on YouTube and Facebook and Twitter yelling "inside job!" to throw their own cold hard money into AE9/11's donation box.

I don't expect them to.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2018, 12:56 AM   #35
Dave Rogers

I assume the majority of truthers are attracted to higher education, stemming from their eagerness to question the world.
I would dispute this; I think they're repulsed from it, stemming from their unwillingness to accept that the answers may not say what they want to hear.

Dave

Old 12th September 2018, 10:52 AM   #36
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

I don't expect them to.
Since when does 'The University Of Youtube' give away diploma's?

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2018, 12:39 PM   #37
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

AE911Truth has two videos of their events in Washington DC yesterday. The first is a seated rally with the Capitol Building in the background. Gage, Brinnier, Campbell, Steele, talk. The videography is lousy, cheap crap, the cam is in portrait orientation (!), and it never pans or zooms. I just clicked into bits here and there. The applauses sound like they come from perhaps 30 people.

The chat comments to the right are a hoot.
At some point near the middle , someone mentions that there are only 113 people online (this was a live stream event).
Otherwise, much of the chat is a massive nazi scumback Jew hate fest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31vY1pDgKo

The second video is over 3 hours (!) long, at a local club/restaurant which has room for 100 people - it sounds like there are hardly 20 present. After 14 minutes, they say that under 40 people are online watching the livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbr7GpT4FQ
Old 12th September 2018, 12:56 PM   #38
Thermal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Mom says they have to clean up their room.
Old 13th September 2018, 02:02 AM   #39
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
See you in 2040?
Pah ! Cynic!

I have absolute faith that MicahJava, with his fierce and unwavering commitment to truth and justice, will not let this opportunity pass.

Come on, MicahJava! Let 'em have it!
All right, fagin. You win.
Old 14th September 2018, 05:18 AM   #40
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

My comment on ae911t live video...

"If AE911T has over 3000 signatures, how come only 100 of them tuned in for this live stream, and how come only 1500 people have viewed this video in three days? Are the 3000 professionals who passionately signed their named to this cause not even interested enough to tune in for a live video?"
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories