ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags border walls , donald trump , immigration issues , Trump controversies

Old 13th May 2019, 10:26 PM   #961
Baylor
Suspended

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Are you trying to claim that this is a moral gotcha and that you're actually deeply concerned on behalf of Latina Womanhood that these fine young women are being placed at the mercy of corrupt predatory border agents? That runs kinda counter to your general beliefs.
So we're on the same page, how about you tell me what you think my "general beliefs" are. Until then there's no point going further.

And just to wrap it up, completely.... No One Is Joking About Rape. This is just the favorite new tactic of the amoral to try to show that lol libruls are a bunch of hypocrites. It doesn't work.

People are joking about buffoons (like the current audience and current president) who make stupid claims in order to a-scare God-Fearing White Folks about the brown hordes coming across the border. You can, of course, disprove this by simply quoting for us one, just one post, that actually makes light of rape in this thread.

We'll wait.
ok

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Well, I dunno about you guys but I'm scared to death of all those terrorists/rapists/drug dealers/killers disguised as families with children.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2019, 11:23 PM   #962
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
So we're on the same page, how about you tell me what you think my "general beliefs" are. Until then there's no point going further.

ok
Hilited:

Who knew it would be so simple? Does that offer go for everyone, or just me? Cuz if that's all it takes to stop you from posting your lies, I'm sure there are several other posters who'd like fade me for some of the action.

Note to others: It's not a serious offer. This is how those who are bankrupt of facts try to get out of admitting that the are. We have a few paleos who are masters of this tactic. "Oooh, that's so offensive! I was going to tear your logic apart step by step but now I'm not even talking to you! Nyah!"

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2019, 11:27 PM   #963
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacyhs
Well, I dunno about you guys but I'm scared to death of all those terrorists/rapists/drug dealers/killers disguised as families with children.

You're sarcasm challenged, aren't you? I said, you should show me a post making light of rape. You think Stacy's post does that? Hint: Wrong (as usual). She's making fun of Trumpty Dumpty and the clowns who believe his lies.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2019, 11:30 PM   #964
Baylor
Suspended

Hilited:

Who knew it would be so simple? Does that offer go for everyone, or just me? Cuz if that's all it takes to stop you from posting your lies, I'm sure there are several other posters who'd like fade me for some of the action.

Note to others: It's not a serious offer. This is how those who are bankrupt of facts try to get out of admitting that the are. We have a few paleos who are masters of this tactic. "Oooh, that's so offensive! I was going to tear your logic apart step by step but now I'm not even talking to you! Nyah!"
'I was going to tear your "general beliefs" apart but you called me out before I can strawman you.' Boomer argumentation at its finest.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2019, 11:34 PM   #965
Baylor
Suspended

You're sarcasm challenged, aren't you? I said, you should show me a post making light of rape. You think Stacy's post does that? Hint: Wrong (as usual). She's making fun of Trumpty Dumpty and the clowns who believe his lies.
Fool me wunz says I'm wrong. That hurts. Did stacyhs mention "Trumpty Dumpty" in her post? No. So you're wrong (again) (See what I did there god I'm clever!) She denied rape was talking place. Thats making light of rape. Genocide denial makes light of genocide, 9/11 trutherism makes light of 9/11.
Old 13th May 2019, 11:42 PM   #966
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

"Humor" according to white boomer skeptics.
OK, you didn't answer. Noted.

Quote:
That link wasn't directed at you, it was directed to the person who laughed about rape. More proof you get lost easily when someone tells you simple things.

But if you want to know where you're wrong.
Where am I wrong again? Can't wait for you to tell me.

Quote:
There's nothing "quiet" about fighting sex trafficking, unless you're a keyboard warrior.
I should hope it's being fought! You could start with the folks in your own linked report. They are in the USA and should be easily reachable in a few day's drive from where you are. Take a gun; bring 'em in.

Quote:
Border crossing are at a 13 year high. I already provided a link upthread. (I'm not going to provide another link because of the so predictable skeptics you din't read it grrrrr!!!!!!!") In your excitement you seem to have forgotten. I get you're anxious for attention from boomer skeptics but try to keep up.
Border crossings =/= "Muslim Mexican illegals invasion". Far from it. Tourist numbers are up too, from hundreds of countries around the world. Tens of millions annually and growing each and every year since whenever. They cross your border too, not just the Mexican one. And a fair number of them break their visa limits and stay - they are "illegals". Are they part of this so-called "invasion" too?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2019, 11:46 PM   #967
Baylor
Suspended

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
OK, you didn't answer. Noted.
Yes I did

Where am I wrong again? Can't wait for you to tell me.
Sure. Right here:
Seems alarmingly quiet for such a major invasion force...
Quiet for keyboard warriors not for the people at the border.
Old 14th May 2019, 12:21 AM   #968
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Yes I did
Did you leave out a link or something???

Quote:
Sure. Right here:
I think you did.

Quote:
Quiet for keyboard warriors not for the people at the border.
Quiet for an invasion. I expected a lot more ragheads yelling "Allahu Akbar!" And artillery. And rockets. And tanks. And tactical nucular strikes. Etc. As it is, and as I said myself...
Originally Posted by Me
Of course, nobody says that all border and related staff are like this. I expect that these are the rare, VERY rare, exceptions. The vast majority are probably working their butts off way overtime under very trying conditions, NOW MADE WORSE BY YOUR PRESIDENT, trying to process all these refugees in a timely and safe manner while being as pleasant as possible.
It seems not reading beyond the headline or first sentence is a problem you need to work on.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 14th May 2019 at 12:22 AM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 12:31 AM   #969
Baylor
Suspended

Did you leave out a link or something???
No. I'm repeating myself again because of your inability to follow along. I said I'm not providing any more links because of the idiotic and predictable response I get from the user base on this forum. I said that two hours ago and you already forgot.

Quiet for an invasion. I expected a lot more ragheads yelling "Allahu Akbar!" And artillery. And rockets. And tanks. And tactical nucular strikes. Etc. As it is, and as I said myself...It seems not reading beyond the headline or first sentence is a problem you need to work on.
Keyboards warriors have no idea what an invasion looks like. You imagine an invasion like a Hollywood movie when it's nothing like that. Your disclosure of what you keep "expecting" is proof of your lack of life experience and detachment from reality.

Last edited by Baylor; 14th May 2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old 14th May 2019, 02:41 AM   #970
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Fool me wunz says I'm wrong. That hurts. Did stacyhs mention "Trumpty Dumpty" in her post? No. So you're wrong (again) (See what I did there god I'm clever!) She denied rape was talking place. Thats making light of rape. Genocide denial makes light of genocide, 9/11 trutherism makes light of 9/11.
What are you smoking? She never denied that rapes were happening, she was pointing out that the families that were coming over the border are not the terrorists, rapists, drug dealers, and killers that Trump Inc is claiming that they are.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 02:54 AM   #971
Baylor
Suspended

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
What are you smoking? She never denied that rapes were happening, she was pointing out that the families that were coming over the border are not the terrorists, rapists, drug dealers, and killers that Trump Inc is claiming that they are.
She never mentioned Trump in her post and her flippant sarcasm is a denial and mockery of rape and trafficked victims.
Old 14th May 2019, 04:49 AM   #972
TofuFighter
Master Poster

She never mentioned Trump in her post and her flippant sarcasm is a denial and mockery of rape and trafficked victims.
Your interpretation of what Stacyhs said is so bizarre that it's difficult to read it as anything but dishonesty. There is no denial and no mockery, except of Trump's consistent lies on the matter.

Also, she specifically mentions Trump in the very next post, which should really eliminate the repeated objection you've doggedly been clinging to that no reference to Trump was made.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 04:54 AM   #973
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

She didn't have to. If I said "no, I am your father," do I have to tell you who I am referencing? There is only one idiot in chief that is going on about all the terrorists, rapists, drug dealers, and killers coming over the border, oh and some of them are good people too, probably on both sides.

Stop playing thick.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 08:55 AM   #974
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It seems that in the recent linked case it wasn't anyone coming over the border doing the rape, it was the actual Border Agency people.
I notice there hasn't been any comment on this from Baylor just a lot of diversion.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 09:12 AM   #975
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

When you quote someone's catchphrases, it's pretty obvious to anyone who can think who you're referring to.

Are you confessing to being so thick that you actually thought she was not parodying someone?

Old 14th May 2019, 09:30 AM   #976
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
It seems that in the recent linked case it wasn't anyone coming over the border doing the rape, it was the actual Border Agency people.
I notice there hasn't been any comment on this from Baylor just a lot of diversion.
I wonder if it's either: 'She wouldn't have been raped if she didn't cross the border' or 'It's ok, because she was an illegal'.

Hard to tell.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 10:21 AM   #977
Stacyhs
Philosopher

You have no argument, do you? That's rather apparent.

You didn't read the article, did you? That's rather apparent.
How long do you want to play ping pong?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 10:33 AM   #978
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Four days since anyone last posted here, and that was me. No Yanks have reported anything catastrophic from the southern borders. The media seem fairly quiet.

Is it BAU down there? The usual situation of way not enough resources for overworked border staff to deal with the tens of thousands of perfectly legal crossings every day?

Whatever happened to the "National Emergency"? The tens of thousands of Muslim Marxist Mexican terrorists every week coming to vote illegally for Hillary and bring drugs and rape (secondary, almost forgivable, crimes in the GOP handbook). Although some of them are good people. Seems alarmingly quiet for such a major invasion force...
Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
It's gone. All gone.

The entire border has been wiped out.

It's just not there anymore.
Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
Wow, that magic wall of Trump's really is performing some miracles.

I tip my hat to the magic man. It's amazing that any of us have managed to survive this long without him in charge.
Rape is real funny to joke about. I'm sure everyone at the border would have a good laugh at all these funny "jokes" by skeptics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/03/u...ant-women.html

I am highly aware people in this thread are looking for validation and approval from other self-styled skeptics. Is it possible this forum puts pathetic attempts at humor aside for one minute?
What is not funny is Trump's lies about all the terrorists/rapists/drug dealers/killers flowing over our borders.
ok
Quote:
Oh, for gawd's sake. Read the exchanges above and tell me with a straight face I was being serious. That was sarcasm! Are you going to tell me I was making jokes about killers, drug dealers and terrorists too? Get a grip on reality here. I was clearly making fun of Trump and his "national emergency" rhetoric as were the others. Well, it was clear to everyone but you, apparently.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 10:40 AM   #979
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I assumed everyone here was intelligent enough to understand my sarcasm was directed at Trump's long standing immigration rhetoric. Apparently I was wrong; you know what they say about 'assuming'. My bad.

ETA: for the sarcasm-challenged, the above was sarcasm.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 14th May 2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 14th May 2019, 02:51 PM   #980
mgidm86
Philosopher

Most of us are upset about this situation, whether you are upset about the treatment of these people once they are here, or the fact that we let them come in at all, or the action/inaction of our government, or all of the above.

Everybody in this thread is upset about some aspect of this and you should be. That should bring people together here, not be a wedge.

We are on the same side as far as that goes, aren't we? This needs to be addressed, correct?

But what exactly needs to be addressed?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/polit...res/index.html

According to this CNN article almost 500,000 people have crossed the border illegally so far this year already (mentioned in video).

Last year was 400,000 for the entire year.

The number of people crossing now is "staggering" according to CNN. Lack of beds, family separations...sounds like an emergency to me. Not a National Emergency, but an emergency.

This article centers on families seen sleeping outside on grass during the day and how much of a problem the overcrowding is.

What do we do about it? We're processing them and setting them loose in our country on a daily basis and we still can't keep up. We shouldn't be expected to be at the ready with enough beds for all these people because this should not be happening at all.

The problem as I see it is how easy it is for them to get in and stay, both politically and geographically/logistically. That is what needs to be addressed.

We can't let over 1 million people per year (and growing) "sneak" into this country - and that's just the illegals on the southern border. They come in at other locations too, plus how many actual immigrants (legal) do we let in yearly and how are they affected by this?

There is no getting around the fact that we cannot let in everyone who wants to be here. That means we need to turn people away and/or remove whatever incentives are attracting so many people in the first place. Does anyone disagree with this?

Neither Repub nor Dem politicians want this issue solved apparently. As I've said here before, they are exploiting these people for power (votes and money) and they are using our empathy to sell it to us.

We all seem to agree there is a problem here, and to me, the core problem is that there are too many illegals getting into our country. It's pretty simple. Even if you don't like that answer and you want them all here we've already seen we simply can't handle the numbers. There are good reasons to limit these numbers - those reasons are in the news every day.

Y'all are bickering about what Stacyhs said 2 pages ago when really we are all looking to solve the same problem.

Unless you think that over a million people per year (and growing) is okay and that we should forever expand our capacity to house and process these people, we agree that there are too many illegals coming in.

There are a lot of reasons for why this is happening, but that is the core problem I think we all should be able to agree on, even here.
Old 14th May 2019, 03:07 PM   #981
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

It is a problem. And a big one.

Likely however, it's a symptom of a greater issue. So we have to ask the question, Why are people coming here? They're taking great risks, for a terribly uncertain future. Why?

The most likely answer is: They can make money here, and have a better life.
There are people, and companies willing to hire, and pay illegals to do work. Punish them. Harshly. Very harshly. Of course, that has repercussions of its own. Some jobs will go unfilled, as there are jobs that illegals may do, but Americans will not, at least, not without drastic pay increases that these people and companies can afford.

There's also where the people are fleeing from. Invest in those communities. If quality of life improves, then people may not feel such a need to come to the states illegally.

Won't stop the problem, but it may help?

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 03:24 PM   #982
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Most of us are upset about this situation, whether you are upset about the treatment of these people once they are here, or the fact that we let them come in at all, or the action/inaction of our government, or all of the above.

Everybody in this thread is upset about some aspect of this and you should be. That should bring people together here, not be a wedge.

We are on the same side as far as that goes, aren't we? This needs to be addressed, correct?

But what exactly needs to be addressed?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/polit...res/index.html

According to this CNN article almost 500,000 people have crossed the border illegally so far this year already (mentioned in video).

Last year was 400,000 for the entire year.

The number of people crossing now is "staggering" according to CNN. Lack of beds, family separations...sounds like an emergency to me. Not a National Emergency, but an emergency.

This article centers on families seen sleeping outside on grass during the day and how much of a problem the overcrowding is.

What do we do about it? We're processing them and setting them loose in our country on a daily basis and we still can't keep up. We shouldn't be expected to be at the ready with enough beds for all these people because this should not be happening at all.

The problem as I see it is how easy it is for them to get in and stay, both politically and geographically/logistically. That is what needs to be addressed.

We can't let over 1 million people per year (and growing) "sneak" into this country - and that's just the illegals on the southern border. They come in at other locations too, plus how many actual immigrants (legal) do we let in yearly and how are they affected by this?

There is no getting around the fact that we cannot let in everyone who wants to be here. That means we need to turn people away and/or remove whatever incentives are attracting so many people in the first place. Does anyone disagree with this?

Neither Repub nor Dem politicians want this issue solved apparently. As I've said here before, they are exploiting these people for power (votes and money) and they are using our empathy to sell it to us.

We all seem to agree there is a problem here, and to me, the core problem is that there are too many illegals getting into our country. It's pretty simple. Even if you don't like that answer and you want them all here we've already seen we simply can't handle the numbers. There are good reasons to limit these numbers - those reasons are in the news every day.

Y'all are bickering about what Stacyhs said 2 pages ago when really we are all looking to solve the same problem.

Unless you think that over a million people per year (and growing) is okay and that we should forever expand our capacity to house and process these people, we agree that there are too many illegals coming in.

There are a lot of reasons for why this is happening, but that is the core problem I think we all should be able to agree on, even here.
Just to make a possible correction. That would more likely be half a million border crossings in the year, not necessarily half a million illegals. Many thousands of Mexicans cross the border and back to border cities as a daily commute for work, to school, or family visits, or even just for shopping. I rather doubt there are 10,000 Mexicans every week sneaking across the deserts unnoticed. That's one "caravan" every few days non-stop. And at half a million leaving every year, Mexico would be very empty very soon.

But that is not to minimise the severity of the problem at all. It does exist, it is a major problem, and there needs to be a sensible attempt to resolve it. That, in turn, presupposes some thoughtfulness, insight and intelligence will be deployed. ...you ain't gonna get that from the hysterical gun-totin' far-right and the diplomacy blockheads in the White House. They have no clue, which is why they are making it worse.
Old 14th May 2019, 03:26 PM   #983
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
It is a problem. And a big one.

Likely however, it's a symptom of a greater issue. So we have to ask the question, Why are people coming here? They're taking great risks, for a terribly uncertain future. Why?

The most likely answer is: They can make money here, and have a better life.
There are people, and companies willing to hire, and pay illegals to do work. Punish them. Harshly. Very harshly. Of course, that has repercussions of its own. Some jobs will go unfilled, as there are jobs that illegals may do, but Americans will not, at least, not without drastic pay increases that these people and companies can afford.

There's also where the people are fleeing from. Invest in those communities. If quality of life improves, then people may not feel such a need to come to the states illegally.

Won't stop the problem, but it may help?
People don't leave their homes and families for a place where they don't understand the language or culture, have to hide from police and live in constant fear of being caught unless the conditions and dangers of their own home are worse than where they are going. How many Americans are fleeing to Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala? So what does Trump do? He stops humanitarian aid to those very countries inevitably making things worse. Smart thinking there, Stable Genius.

(I'm adding the sarcasm icon there for those who don't seem to understand when it's being used.)
Old 14th May 2019, 05:15 PM   #984
Minoosh
Philosopher

People don't leave their homes and families for a place where they don't understand the language or culture, have to hide from police and live in constant fear of being caught unless the conditions and dangers of their own home are worse than where they are going. How many Americans are fleeing to Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala? So what does Trump do? He stops humanitarian aid to those very countries inevitably making things worse. Smart thinking there, Stable Genius.

(I'm adding the sarcasm icon there for those who don't seem to understand when it's being used.)
Humanitarian aid gets gobbled up by corrupt governments. You know what doesn't? Remittances sent directly to family members. There are people pissing and moaning about a labor shortage, but I can't quite pin this down: Once the Central Americans are released, are they allowed to work? Because I believe there are employers willing to hire them.

Re: The idea of "crossings" vs. "illegal crossings." mgidm86's numbers sound plausible to me for illegal crossings. Though if they are looking for asylum, I'm not sure they are entering the country illegally. But those kinds of numbers? Lots of precedent for that. People vote with their feet and go where they can find work. Rather than viewing them as bad, bad queue jumpers I see people who are enterprising enough to get to the U.S. in whatever way they can, probably because gutting chickens for $9 an hour sounds good to them. The can live on that ... and send money home.

Before the midterms Republicans could not agree on a bill that would mandate the use of E-Verify, a government database, in agricultural hiring. Farm states helped beat that. They want a readily accessible and exploitable labor pool.

What it all boils down to, IMO, is these Central Americans showing up in large numbers do not need to be a complete liability. Give at least some of them a chance to contribute to this country. Who knows how loyalty is born? They could end up being some of the very best Americans.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 06:44 PM   #985
Baylor
Suspended

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
That's not what it says. This is why I'm done with links. Few people even read them, and people accuse me of not reading as if just saying that wins an argument. It says the majority of the rapist were unidentified. But the rapists were smugglers who spoke Spanish, so your racial animus is showing. I also didn't think of scoring internet points from rape victims, as if where the rapes took place is some kind of Internet victory. I said it before, I feel dirty just coming here.
Old 14th May 2019, 06:52 PM   #986
Baylor
Suspended

Just to make a possible correction. That would more likely be half a million border crossings in the year, not necessarily half a million illegals. Many thousands of Mexicans cross the border and back to border cities as a daily commute for work, to school, or family visits, or even just for shopping. I rather doubt there are 10,000 Mexicans every week sneaking across the deserts unnoticed. That's one "caravan" every few days non-stop. And at half a million leaving every year, Mexico would be very empty very soon.
Just shows how clueless you are. All this time spent and still this ignorant. 10,000 "Mexicans" don't cross the border every week. Roughly 10,000-20,000 people do. The CNN article you didn't read (see I can do that to, but I have proof you didn't read it) said there were half a million apprehensions, not crossing, for the fiscal year. They're not "unnoticed." Many get apprehended, falsely claim asylum like they've been instructed to do. It's been mentioned here several times in this thread and you still somehow forgot. As for your idiotic "Mexico looking empty." How pathetic and desperate for an argument can you get? Mexico is only one country illegal aliens come from. 1% of Honduras and Guatemala have immigrated to the US illegally since September. If you're going to obsess over this topic, at least be knowledgeable about it.

Last edited by Baylor; 14th May 2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 14th May 2019, 07:07 PM   #987
Stacyhs
Philosopher

That's not what it says. This is why I'm done with links. Few people even read them, and people accuse me of not reading as if just saying that wins an argument. It says the majority of the rapist were unidentified. But the rapists were smugglers who spoke Spanish, so your racial animus is showing. I also didn't think of scoring internet points from rape victims, as if where the rapes took place is some kind of Internet victory. I said it before, I feel dirty just coming here.
Neither did anyone else.
Old 14th May 2019, 07:09 PM   #988
Baylor
Suspended

Captain Swoop and that other guy sure did. Where the rapes took place was somehow suppose to be a "gotcha." That one guy said it contradicted something I said. What that something I said was his own hallucinations.
Old 14th May 2019, 07:10 PM   #989
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Just shows how clueless you are. All this time spent and still this ignorant. 10,000 "Mexicans" don't cross the border every week. Roughly 10,000-20,000 people do. The CNN article you didn't read (see I can do that to, but I have proof you didn't read it) said there were half a million apprehensions, not crossing, for the fiscal year. They're not "unnoticed." Many get apprehended, falsely claim asylum like they've been instructed to do. It's been mentioned here several times in this thread and you still somehow forgot. As for your idiotic "Mexico looking empty." How pathetic and desperate for an argument can you get? Mexico is only one country illegal aliens come from. 1% of Honduras and Guatemala have immigrated to the US illegally since September. If you're going to obsess over this topic, at least be knowledgeable about it.
???? Those are Mexican countries too, you know.

Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 08:54 PM   #990
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Captain Swoop and that other guy sure did. Where the rapes took place was somehow suppose to be a "gotcha." That one guy said it contradicted something I said. What that something I said was his own hallucinations.
Are you finally conceding that I did not?
Old 14th May 2019, 08:59 PM   #991
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

You talkin' to me?

It's no joke, because the "gotcha" is that it wasn't Mexicans doing the raping. It's Americans. That's worse. Really worse. It's ******* dreadful.

But if you want to argue that I'm hallucinating and that your own linked source didn't say that, then I don't know what to say to you any more. You are a true Trump disciple. Ignore the facts, even your own. Go on endlessly about a non-existent invasion across your southern border. Cry havoc and shoot the brown bastards! Try to make the awful situation down there some sort of war zone instead of the major humanitarian crisis that it really is that is being ignored by the mafia bullies in the White House.
Old 14th May 2019, 09:18 PM   #992
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Four days since anyone last posted here, and that was me. No Yanks have reported anything catastrophic from the southern borders. The media seem fairly quiet.

Is it BAU down there? The usual situation of way not enough resources for overworked border staff to deal with the tens of thousands of perfectly legal crossings every day?

Whatever happened to the "National Emergency"? The tens of thousands of Muslim Marxist Mexican terrorists every week coming to vote illegally for Hillary and bring drugs and rape (secondary, almost forgivable, crimes in the GOP handbook). Although some of them are good people. Seems alarmingly quiet for such a major invasion force...
Apprehensions for April 2019 were near the 100K mark at 98,977. Yeah, the emergency is still valid.

Chris B.
One could choose to be civil though and still disagree. For example, since I know Bigfoot does exist, I don't call others "idiot" just because they're uneducated on the subject and share a different view based on that lack of experience. Chris B.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 09:32 PM   #993
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Apprehensions for April 2019 were near the 100K mark at 98,977. Yeah, the emergency is still valid.

Chris B.
How many were asylum seekers and how many were migrant workers who would've been pencil-whipped through in a previous season. It's very well known at the border that seasonal workers always have SOMETHING wrong with their application. Is it a mere coincidence that they started blocking more applications just after Da Boss said there was a National Emergency?

I'll wait to see actual statistics on country of residence before I believe a DHS mouthpiece. (It's the Barr System - loyalty to His Royal Orangeness is a job requirement. He even referred to the full-time secretary, yet to report to work, as a "true believer"!!!)

Forgive my cynicism but a DHS toadie claiming "a lot of Central Americans" is not actual statistics. 1% of the population of Guatemala and Honduras? Since September... that's 8 months (figs last available for October). 25,000 per month on average. Donnie Johnny's thriving economy needs more than 25,000 workers a month (and 2/3 or those are womenz and kidzes).

Old 14th May 2019, 09:43 PM   #994
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post

Chris B.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Interesting and revealing graph. Years previous to 2019, the rate was around 50,000 per month, year on year. Trump opens his yap about some "National Emergency" and the rate doubles in a month or two.

Also, "apprehensions" is such a flexible word. Officially it used to mean "entered between border entry ports". Now it means "apprehended by Border Patrol". I think we both know there's a big difference.

And from the same page, 10,000 "inadmissibles" in April. About 10% of those apprehended. I imagine the "terrorists" among them will be detained or thrown back over the fence. So NOT an emergency. Just VERY bad policy enactment.

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 14th May 2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 14th May 2019, 11:18 PM   #995
Baylor
Suspended

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Interesting and revealing graph. Years previous to 2019, the rate was around 50,000 per month, year on year. Trump opens his yap about some "National Emergency" and the rate doubles in a month or two.
Conspiracy Theories is that way --------------->

Seriously, are you ever going to follow along? It's been explained in this thread by a member living near the border the reason for the influx. None of it has to do with the crap you keep yammering on about.

You just won't stop saying dumb stuff about a topic you know nothing about.
Old 14th May 2019, 11:22 PM   #996
Baylor
Suspended

You talkin' to me?

It's no joke, because the "gotcha" is that it wasn't Mexicans doing the raping. It's Americans. That's worse. Really worse. It's ******* dreadful.
I didn't mention the ethnicity or race of the rapists but Smugglers/coyotes are Hispanic. Whatever if you think you there's a gotcha somewhere....just imagine it I don't care, this place is just creepy.
Old 14th May 2019, 11:24 PM   #997
Baylor
Suspended

no
Old 15th May 2019, 12:08 PM   #998
Stacyhs
Philosopher

no
Then you either have a serious reading comprehension problem or (like Trump) just double down rather than admit error.
Old 15th May 2019, 12:27 PM   #999
Baylor
Suspended

Then you either have a serious reading comprehension problem or (like Trump) just double down rather than admit error.
Whatever
Old 15th May 2019, 12:32 PM   #1000
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Whatever
Wow. Now, that was a well argued rebuttal.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics