ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 28th April 2019, 10:41 PM   #401
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Could those of you discussing actual science take your posts to a science based thread please?

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 03:38 AM   #402
PeterWol62
New Blood

the Man -Post 345:
You quote advice from Duke University. I have checked with the makers of this instrument, and they see nothing wrong with using a 1200 grating instead of 2400, but the resolution will be halved. Someone ought to perform independent, and very careful, measurements: Mills would supply the hydrinos “in a bottle” on request. Actually bound to gallium oxide, released by heating above 900 °C. But this forum is not the best place to make such a suggestion: you are all having so much fun.

Last edited by PeterWol62; 29th April 2019 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Sent prematurely by mistake. Now completed.
PeterWol62 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 04:21 AM   #403
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by PeterWol62 View Post
the Man -Post 345:
You quote advice from Duke University. I have checked with the makers of this instrument, and they see nothing wrong with using a 1200 grating instead of 2400, but the resolution will be halved. Someone ought to perform independent, and very careful, measurements: Mills would supply the hydrinos “in a bottle” on request. Actually bound to gallium oxide, released by heating above 900 °C. But this forum is not the best place to make such a suggestion: you are all having so much fun.
Really??? And where would one submit such a request? Any links to any independent labs that have submitted, and received said, "Hydrinos in a bottle"?
Old 29th April 2019, 04:25 AM   #404
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

the Man -Post 345:
Oh really? Seems something very close to that was suggested by this very forum, at least the "hydrinos in a bottle" and "independent, and very careful, measurements". Neither of which has Mills produced on.

No hydrinos, no independent testing. The whole grating bit and sample heating is frivolous actually. Independent teams will be best if they manage to actually detect hydrinos in their own multiple independent ways

But of course we all know why Mills won't ever produce that, he can't. No such thing as hydrinos. Real hard to produce the hydrinos for study by independent teams when they don't exist at all.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 08:48 AM   #405
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

the Man -Post 345:

The recommendations from the makers of this instrument were linked when this issue was discussed in detail.

ETA: As I recall the chart in the "advice from Duke University" is directly from the documentation of "the makers of this instrument".

Last edited by The Man; 29th April 2019 at 08:51 AM.
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 04:25 PM   #406
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

the Man -Post 345:
You quote advice from Duke University. I have checked with the makers of this instrument, and they see nothing wrong with using a 1200 grating instead of 2400, but the resolution will be halved. ....
This is post 345, PeterWol62, which includes the operations procedure by Duke University for the instrument:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
ccording to the operation procedure...

https://smif.pratt.duke.edu/sites/sm...edure_Rev9.pdf

the 1200 grating and 325nm laser configuration is not within the operational functionality for the Horiba Jobin Yvon LabRam Aramis Raman/PL System
That document has a table (presumably from the makers documents) that only has the 2400 grating listed for the 325nm laser. The logical conclusion is that any other grating is not supported for 325nm. The other rows show that the choice of grating has a dramatic effect on the measurement range for a wavelength.

This trumps an unsupported assertion about what you think the makers stated. Perhaps you can supply the makers documents for the instrument where it states that using the 1200 grating will halve the resolution?

Last edited by Reality Check; 29th April 2019 at 04:36 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 11:48 PM   #407
PeterWol62
New Blood

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
This is post 345, PeterWol62, which includes the operations procedure by Duke University for the instrument:

That document has a table (presumably from the makers documents) that only has the 2400 grating listed for the 325nm laser. The logical conclusion is that any other grating is not supported for 325nm. The other rows show that the choice of grating has a dramatic effect on the measurement range for a wavelength.

This trumps an unsupported assertion about what you think the makers stated. Perhaps you can supply the makers documents for the instrument where it states that using the 1200 grating will halve the resolution?
Sorry guys, but a document created by a user does not trump reality, as expressed by a scientist working for the manufacturer. And it was always obvious that only the resolution would be degraded.
Quote:
<<<
Bonjour,

Si l’on considère que les 2 réseaux sont optimisés pour l’UV (blazés ds l’UV), ce sera principalement une question de résolution spectrale, avec un réseau 1200 t/mm elle sera au moins 2 fois moins bonne qu’avec un 2400t/mm.

Bien à vous,

__________________________________________________ _
Lionel LE BIHAN, Ph.D.
HORIBA Scientific
Ingénieur commercial
HORIBA FRANCE SAS
14, Boulevard Thomas Gobert
Passage Jobin Yvon
CS45002, 91120 PALAISEAU – France
>>>

I do not know of independent tests, but I would encourage them if I had influence anywhere. For the samples, just ask Mills - he obviously would not deal with you guys, but only with a serious lab at, for example a university.

I think that you should give up on this point! Bye.
PeterWol62 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2019, 12:31 AM   #408
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Mills hasn't given samples to anyone and can't give samples to anyone because he is lying about having them. After 28 years of wrong you really have to be a fool to believe anything Mills says.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2019, 04:14 AM   #409
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

PeterWol62 must not know the meaning of the highlighted words:

Sorry guys, but a document created by a user does not trump reality, as expressed by a scientist working for the manufacturer. And it was always obvious that only the resolution would be degraded.
Quote:
<<<
Bonjour,

Si l’on considère que les 2 réseaux sont optimisés pour l’UV (blazés ds l’UV), ce sera principalement une question de résolution spectrale, avec un réseau 1200 t/mm elle sera au moins 2 fois moins bonne qu’avec un 2400t/mm.

As has been discussed in this thread, aliasing is more problematic than resolution.

One thing that (to my knowledge) has not been discussed in this thread is the fact that Mills obtained his multiple graphs using different spectrometers, but did not report any self-replication of his results by using a second model of spectrometer to run the same experiment. (Had he done so, his second spectrometer would have been out of its reliable operating range as well, but that has never stopped Mills.) Checking your paradigm-shattering results on a second instrument is pretty basic. By failing to do so, Mills signalled his own incompetence as an experimentalist.

If Mills were trying to make it look as though he used multiple spectrometers because he was searching for instrument-specific artifacts that could be interpreted as ground-breaking results, he'd have used multiple spectrometers to obtain his graphs without confirming any of those graphs using any of the other spectrometers available to him. That, of course, is exactly what he did in his original report.

If I recall correctly, someone has cited a subsequent report in which Mills does claim to have replicated his own results using different instruments. According to one of the contributors in this thread, the replicated results are so nearly identical to the original as to put us in awe of the multiple instruments' accuracy even when used outside their useful range of operating conditions.

Another possibility is that some of the results are fraudulent. I look forward to replication of Mills's discovery of hydrinos by reputable and independent researchers, and to the Nobel prize and cheap energy that should follow shortly thereafter years ago.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2019, 09:16 AM   #410
HappySkeptic99
Scholar

Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
PeterWol62
As has been discussed in this thread, aliasing is more problematic than resolution.

One thing that (to my knowledge) has not been discussed in this thread is the fact that Mills obtained his multiple graphs using different spectrometers, but did not report any self-replication of his results by using a second model of spectrometer to run the same experiment. (Had he done so, his second spectrometer would have been out of its reliable operating range as well, but that has never stopped Mills.) Checking your paradigm-shattering results on a second instrument is pretty basic. By failing to do so, Mills signalled his own incompetence as an experimentalist.

If Mills were trying to make it look as though he used multiple spectrometers because he was searching for instrument-specific artifacts that could be interpreted as ground-breaking results, he'd have used multiple spectrometers to obtain his graphs without confirming any of those graphs using any of the other spectrometers available to him. That, of course, is exactly what he did in his original report.

If I recall correctly, someone has cited a subsequent report in which Mills does claim to have replicated his own results using different instruments. According to one of the contributors in this thread, the replicated results are so nearly identical to the original as to put us in awe of the multiple instruments' accuracy even when used outside their useful range of operating conditions.

Another possibility is that some of the results are fraudulent. I look forward to replication of Mills's discovery of hydrinos by reputable and independent researchers, and to the Nobel prize and cheap energy that should follow shortly thereafter years ago.
I don't know the specific instrument, but with a lower line size, aliasing is a possibility. There is also the possibility that the response of the 1200 l/mm grating is poor, as gratings have cut angles that maximize a certain wavelength range. Of course, we have to assume that the user was competent enough to know how to read the wavelengths of the smaller grating.

At this point, I find there is no use in debating particular graphs. I consider them all fraudulent.

Here is what a real scientist would do. They would carefully construct a simple and reproducible experiment that would point to hydrinos. They would not include the word hydrino in the paper, but would instead show the anomalous results that point to a smaller bond-length of diatomic hydrogen.

The community would say "wow, that's weird, and I can actually do that experiment in my lab, given a week or so". It would then be reproduced, and a Nobel prize is forthcoming.

Or, the community would say "that is a flawed experiment, and I know this because it is so well written that I can spot the flaw", and science goes on as it should.

Instead, we have all sorts of pro-hydrino propoganda that doesn't even bother to create solid reproducible science. If this was real, why isn't a principle researcher at BLP screaming at the rafters and presenting the results in every scientific conference he can find? Why isn't he calling up his colleagues and asking them to do a replication?

If you answer "commercial reasons", I might agree -- those reasons being "hydrinos do not exist".
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2019, 09:36 AM   #411
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Mills's spectra are comparable in quality to all his other hydrino evidence. They're like typical blurry low-resolution photographs of a Bigfoot, proffered by someone who claims to have a trained Bigfoot in captivity. If the claims were true, he could easily provide much higher quality evidence.
Old 30th April 2019, 01:05 PM   #412
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Quote:
<<<
Bonjour,

Bien à vous,

__________________________________________________ _
Lionel LE BIHAN, Ph.D.
HORIBA Scientific
Ingénieur commercial
HORIBA FRANCE SAS
14, Boulevard Thomas Gobert
Passage Jobin Yvon
CS45002, 91120 PALAISEAU – France
>>>

I do not know of independent tests, but I would encourage them if I had influence anywhere. For the samples, just ask Mills - he obviously would not deal with you guys, but only with a serious lab at, for example a university.

I think that you should give up on this point! Bye.

The statement quoted makes absolutely no specific assertions about the applicability 325 nm laser with the 1200 t / mm grating for the frequency ranges in question.

However, as a conditional statement it does make a specific assertion to your claim "that only the resolution would be degraded". In that it limits the assertion to the specific condition of both gratings being optimized (blazed, the cut angle noted by HappySkeptic99 ) in the UV.

Quote:
If we consider that the 2 networks are optimized for UV (blazed in the UV), it will be mainly a matter of spectral resolution, with a network 1200 t / mm it will be at least 2 times worse than with a 2400t / mm.*

*Per google translate.

While the 2400 grating appears to be so optimized, the 1200 grating doesn't. Hence, the quote doesn't support your claim. As I recall in the original discussion of this topic the wavelength in question even fell outside the range of just the 325 nm laser with the 2400 t / mm grating by about 1/2 again of that total range.

For MarcoM85BG’s chart most of the relevant features fall within the stated range of 325 nm laser with the 2400 t / mm grating. One falls just outside. So there would be absolutely no reason to use the 1200 t / mm grating other than just to get crap data or, as W.D.Clinger notes, instrument and/or configuration specific artifacts. None of which bodes well for Mills.

Also quoting an answer without the presented question is disingenuous to say the least.

I think you should try a heck of a lot harder.
Old 30th April 2019, 03:04 PM   #413
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Question What is the measurement range for a 325nm laser line and a 1200 grating setting

Google translate says that you did not understand what that scientist replied, PeterWol62
Quote:
If we consider that the 2 networks are optimized for UV (blazed in the UV), it will be mainly a matter of spectral resolution, with a network 1200 t / mm it will be at least 2 times worse than with a 2400t / mm
Lionel LE BIHAN states that the resolution will be least 2 times worse and does not state that only the resolution would be degraded.

Try actually reading https://smif.pratt.duke.edu/sites/sm...edure_Rev9.pdf and its table. Note the table that only has the 2400 grating listed for the 325nm laser. Look at the other entries. See the measurement range change as different grating settings are used!! The logical conclusion is that the grating setting also affects the measurement range for each laser line.

PeterWol62, What is the measurement range for a 325nm laser line and a 1200 grating setting? What was the range of measurements that Mills made with that instrument?
From memory (the analysis is somewhere in these long threads about Mill's crack-pottery), it was using the Horiba Jobin Yvon LabRam Aramis Raman/PL System outside of the specified measurement range that was Mills stupidity before maybe 2008.

FYI: MarcoM85BG posted an image from one of Mill's papers with a caption with "8000-19,000 cm-1 Raman shift"

Last edited by Reality Check; 30th April 2019 at 03:17 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:14 PM   #414
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Aww look, I haven't been in this thread for YEARS and oddly, still no production model, right?
I mean, I don't have one powering my home for pennies a month.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 01:04 AM   #415
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Aww look, I haven't been in this thread for YEARS and oddly, still no production model, right?
I mean, I don't have one powering my home for pennies a month.
You must have missed the Christmas sale, I've got one in every room, I mean why not when they are so cheap.

Excuse me I need to go and feed my invisible pink dragon in the garage.
Old 9th May 2019, 07:54 AM   #416
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

New paper
Old 9th May 2019, 12:40 PM   #417
Prometheus
Acolyte of Víðarr

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
I am happy to see that Mills uses the word "comprising" correctly on page 2. Not many people do that.
Don't be offended. I'm not calling you a serial killer. -- Ron Tomkins.
Prometheus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2019, 01:08 PM   #418
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

To my layman understanding, this looks like yet another diversion. Mills has found a new excuse for not producing anything that works. The miracle of hydrinos coupled with MHD will make his non-working process so much more efficient at producing nothing. Surely, his investors will see this as an important research direction, one that supersedes any need for something tangible...ever.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2019, 04:33 PM   #419
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

The same old "hydrino" pseudoscience with maybe added MHD fantasies in an unpublished company site PDF. They claim that particle size in a liquid metal MHD generator has a large effect on efficiency thus nanoparticles are better. The problems start with the authors of the paper.
M. Nansteel of MWN Engineering looks like an engineer, not a MHD expert.
R. Mills is a medical doctor with no expertise in MHD and a book containing deluded and wrong physics !

Magnetohydrodynamic generators.
Old 9th May 2019, 05:26 PM   #420
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
"We have a free unlimited safe reliable non-polluting ultra-compact energy source, so naturally before we can mass-produce it we also have to develop a 99% efficient system for converting the energy to electricity."
Old 11th May 2019, 08:33 AM   #421
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
"We have a free unlimited safe reliable non-polluting ultra-compact energy source, so naturally before we can mass-produce it we also have to develop a 99% efficient system for converting the energy to electricity."

Right, which must naturally be why they are using the least efficient type of MHD generator, the Faraday generator (channel type), with the worst type of magnets for that type of generator (round magnets).
Old 11th May 2019, 11:24 AM   #422
Hans
Philosopher

Wow!

Quote:
Magnetohydrodynamic conversion is a potential emerging DPET to directly convert the plasma and thermal power of the hydrino reaction into DC electricity.
So...........he has a hydrino he can show to the world huh?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2019, 01:24 PM   #423
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
The same old "hydrino" pseudoscience with maybe added MHD fantasies in an unpublished company site PDF. They claim that particle size in a liquid metal MHD generator has a large effect on efficiency thus nanoparticles are better. The problems start with the authors of the paper.
M. Nansteel of MWN Engineering looks like an engineer, not a MHD expert.
R. Mills is a medical doctor with no expertise in MHD and a book containing deluded and wrong physics !

Magnetohydrodynamic generators.
Of course, had any of them been relevantly qualified, they'd never have started this scam enterprise in the first place!

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2019, 04:09 AM   #424
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Time for my six-monthly drop-in. Usually I ask when my SunCell will be ready for shipping, but this time I will ask: what advances in the science have been made in the last 12 months?
BillC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2019, 04:48 AM   #425
Hungry81
Master Poster

Yeah but the real important question is, do hydrinos work in a vacuum?
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2019, 05:15 AM   #426
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Time for my six-monthly drop-in. Usually I ask when my SunCell will be ready for shipping, but this time I will ask: what advances in the science have been made in the last 12 months?
From the Mills camp?

Nothing.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 13th May 2019, 05:24 AM   #427
MetalPig
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I am happy to see that Mills uses the word "comprising" correctly on page 2. Not many people do that.
Hey! I comprise that remark!
Old 15th May 2019, 01:51 PM   #428
8enotto
Graduate Poster

I guessed the science side of the scam 3.0 was stagnant but how is the promotion and fund raising side going?

Are there any clear things to follow there?
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2019, 07:00 AM   #429
halleyscomet
Philosopher

I suspect incidents like these are why we'll never see a lawsuit from BLP over patent infringement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48309512
Old 17th May 2019, 07:47 AM   #430
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Not seeing a connection.

Old 17th May 2019, 07:49 AM   #431
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Not seeing a connection.
When you're running a successful con, it's unwise to file lawsuits that would attract regulatory or law enforcement attention.
Old 17th May 2019, 01:05 PM   #432
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
When you're running a successful con, it's unwise to file lawsuits that would attract regulatory or law enforcement attention.
Didn't Mills issue a cease and desist to an amateur who attempted to replicate his work?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2019, 01:52 PM   #433
bytewizard
Master Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Didn't Mills issue a cease and desist to an amateur who attempted to replicate his work?
Yes. Mills et al vs. Yosemite Sam
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2019, 02:32 PM   #434
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

A C&D is a far cry from filing an actual lawsuit.
Old 17th May 2019, 04:53 PM   #435
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bytewizard View Post
Yes. Mills et al vs. Yosemite Sam
Wile E Coyote would be more apt?
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2019, 06:17 PM   #436
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

OK. Still not seeing much of a connection. But I get the point.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 17th May 2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 19th May 2019, 05:55 AM   #437
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Game.

Set.

Match.

Mills has been trumped.

https://youtu.be/z2q_UwD2bvE
Old 30th May 2019, 09:19 AM   #438
Hans
Philosopher

So when does Mills launch his next attempt at scamming more investors into his web?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 09:33 AM   #439
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
So when does Mills launch his next attempt at scamming more investors into his web?
I think that's going to depend heavily on how well he can manage the current investors. The efforts to get BLP shares listed on a secondary market may just be a distraction to keep some of his more frustrated investors sated for the moment.

BLP has also announced it's working on reducing its cash burn rate. Mills may be trying to find an exit strategy for retiring.
Old 1st June 2019, 03:50 AM   #440
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

BLP has also announced it's working on reducing its cash burn rate. Mills may be trying to find an exit strategy for retiring.
I've been under the impression for a few months that it's winding down. Mills can bow out, blaming various outside factors for his failure, and others can carry on his work leaving true believers the excuse that only Mills was visionary enough to actually achieve something with the totally legitimate science, so of course everybody else has failed.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology