ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Closed Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 07:05 PM   #2921
bagels
Master Poster

The knife that would've made the small wound and the bloody imprint was also compatible with the larger wound. Another way of putting it is a single knife at the scene covered in blood was compatible with every wound on the victim. But who knows what that could suggest. It's too subtle.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th September 2019, 07:02 AM   #2922
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
And of course (as I alluded to in my previous post), the very next question that any competent jurist would ask at this point is:
So, in short, the various courts (up to and including the SC panel) in the Guede trial process had absolutely no evidence of any sort upon which to base their "judicial fact" that Guede had not actively participated in the fatal stabbing in the neck of Meredith Kercher.
If you read through the Giordano MR for Guede's SC appeal it's difficult to tell who the defendant is. It's clear great effort went into ensuring Amanda and Raffaele, specifically, were identified as co-conspirators during Guede's trials even though that was never within the courts remit. It's especially troubling since neither Amanda or Raffaele had any representation during those trials.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th September 2019, 07:14 AM   #2923
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bagels View Post
The knife that would've made the small wound and the bloody imprint was also compatible with the larger wound. Another way of putting it is a single knife at the scene covered in blood was compatible with every wound on the victim. But who knows what that could suggest. It's too subtle.

The ONLY reason the 'two knife' claim was made by the prosecution was because Finzi had no idea what size knife he should have been collecting and wound up grabbing one that was incompatible with all but one wound. Oops...

Can you imagine the **** Finzi had to deal with for picking such a large knife. His boss must have reamed him a new one... "you idiot, what were you thinking??! Why didn't you just grab a friggin meat clever, for god's sake?! Imbecile!"
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th September 2019, 09:32 AM   #2924
Stacyhs
Philosopher

The one act that revealed just how unprepared these clowns were for investigating a murder like this is Finzi's taking that single knife from a drawer full of knives because of his 'gut instinct'. Unbelievable.

The claim by the police that they could smell bleach in RS's apartment also bothers me. Were they ever put to the test by identifying the odor of bleach from lysoform? Not that I'm aware of.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th September 2019, 11:04 AM   #2925
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The one act that revealed just how unprepared these clowns were for investigating a murder like this is Finzi's taking that single knife from a drawer full of knives because of his 'gut instinct'. Unbelievable.

The claim by the police that they could smell bleach in RS's apartment also bothers me. Were they ever put to the test by identifying the odor of bleach from lysoform? Not that I'm aware of.
I've always felt the random selection of a knife and the 'observation' that the place smelled of bleach were clear indicators of a rehearsal. I believe they went there with the intent of coming back with the murder knife, regardless of whether it was really THE murder knife, and the bleach comment was just to cement the deal.

Similarly, Capezzali's comment about hearing two people running in different directions was another clear example of a rehearsal. There was absolutely no way that woman, who had hearing issues, could discern multiple people running in two different directions through that window. She was coached.

As was Curatolo and Quintavalle. There is zero credibility in any of their accounts. Capezzali might have been credible if she stopped at just hearing a scream.
Old 26th September 2019, 11:17 AM   #2926
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
I've always felt the random selection of a knife and the 'observation' that the place smelled of bleach were clear indicators of a rehearsal. I believe they went there with the intent of coming back with the murder knife, regardless of whether it was really THE murder knife, and the bleach comment was just to cement the deal.

Similarly, Capezzali's comment about hearing two people running in different directions was another clear example of a rehearsal. There was absolutely no way that woman, who had hearing issues, could discern multiple people running in two different directions through that window. She was coached.

As was Curatolo and Quintavalle. There is zero credibility in any of their accounts. Capezzali might have been credible if she stopped at just hearing a scream.
I think the police really did smell something: lysoform. I don't think that was rehearsed or coached. But their failure to distinguish it from lysoform when they found both bleach and lysoform was pure ineptitude.

Capezzali is a different matter. I think Fois suggested things to her just as he did Curatolo and Quintavalle in an effort to get a story. They may well have come to believe their stories just as Amanda came to think she really did have amnesia as was suggested to her by Donnino.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th September 2019, 04:35 PM   #2927
TomG
Thinker

These are two separate points. Of course Meredith is 'legally dead' but as of now, no one is convicted of the actual act of wielding the knife that killed her.

According to judicial fact, Guede is only convicted of being an accessory even though there is no evidence of anyone else in that room but him.
Nah! There are judicial facts and there are actual facts in this case. Of course Meredith is actually dead, but how can Meredith be "legally dead" if no-one was ever "legally" identified as the killer. IMO M/B failed to determine who the actual killer was, which in turn fails to give us any real closure on the case.

Hoots
Old 26th September 2019, 04:57 PM   #2928
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Well, we all know that there were multiple killers so I'm sure the evidence they must have left behind will be discovered any day now. We'll hear about it around the same time that Mignini posts RS's and AG's apology and the M/B verdict is challenged as being illegal in the Italian courts.
Old 26th September 2019, 05:35 PM   #2929
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Well, we all know that there were multiple killers so I'm sure the evidence they must have left behind will be discovered any day now. We'll hear about it around the same time that Mignini posts RS's and AG's apology and the M/B verdict is challenged as being illegal in the Italian courts.
At the same time I hope we'll hear about one, just one, forensic-DNA expert who sustains Stefanoni's forensic work and conclusions. They've only presented two, one who admits Stefanoni had not followed international testing protocols, and the other who includes the caveat that he'd not seen the negative controls.

It's only been 4 1/2 years since the final, definitive acquittals, and almost 10 years since the end of the first trial.

Maybe they need more time to come up with this stuff.
Old 26th September 2019, 06:06 PM   #2930
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
At the same time I hope we'll hear about one, just one, forensic-DNA expert who sustains Stefanoni's forensic work and conclusions. They've only presented two, one who admits Stefanoni had not followed international testing protocols, and the other who includes the caveat that he'd not seen the negative controls.

It's only been 4 1/2 years since the final, definitive acquittals, and almost 10 years since the end of the first trial.

Maybe they need more time to come up with this stuff.
Oh, ye of little faith. Any day now. Any day.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:09 AM   #2931
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Her standard operating procedure is avoidance and distraction.

ETA: Speaking of which, has Vixen found that David Marriot-Curt Knox-$2 million PR campaign evidence yet? For something 'readily available' it's sure taking her a long time.
Sorry I haven't been doing your research for you, as per usual. However, life got in the way and I had to attend a burial, arrange a party and have said party, together with sorting out various effects, taking loads of stuff to the landfill, assembling flat pack furniture, etc.

Some might call this 'avoidance'.
Or will you stop once and wonder
What you're doing it for. ~ Nick Drake
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th September 2019, 11:12 AM   #2932
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
Honest question -- are there mental disorders where people lie and do not even realize they lie? I've met a handful of people like this, and I always assumed they knew they were lying and just covering it up with more lies. But there are... extreme cases apparently, and I'm wondering if there are conditions where the person does not even consciously realize it?
Yes, Amanda Knox is one such person. She knows she's lying but sees nothing immoral in it.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th September 2019, 11:13 AM   #2933
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

If that stain was determined to be Guede's semen, I wonder how Massei would have explained its presence? I still find it unbelievable that a suspected semen stain between the legs of the victim was not seen as a potential primary piece of evidence in a rape/ murder.
It was Raff who was terrified of it being tested.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:16 AM   #2934
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Just for giggles, I had a look at TJMK's Front Page. The current offering is an attack on Malcolm Gladwell's book Talking to Strangers by The Machine who is attempting to expose Gladwell's 'lies'. First up: mixed blood. Yep, you read that right. MIXED BLOOD with Amanda having "copious blood loss". Hoo boy. Does TM bother to mention that not a single court called it 'mixed blood' because it's forensically impossible to determine her blood from her DNA? Nah. As evidence, he trots out Garofano, the lone 'go to' expert on this for the PGP with whom not a single forensic expert agrees. You would assume that the fact that no other expert agrees with Garofano might be a clue for TM and other PGP. But no.

Does TM bother to include the fact that no trace of blood was found in Filomena's room as confirmed by negative TMB test? Nah.

I could go on but you get the idea. TM is just trotting out more disproved/unproved nonsense. I have to wonder why TM feels the need to spend so much time just repeating the same nonsense to his tiny, tiny audience? No one is looking to decide on AK's and RS's guilt or innocence anymore. People have already made up their minds or just don't care. So why all the time and effort? The miniscule TJMK diehards are just not relevant anymore but they don't quite seem to kemo sabe that.
You are either ignorant of the case or - more likely - know very well the pair did it together with Guede but enjoy seeing how far you can knowingly spin out your PR.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:17 AM   #2935
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I have only seen him interviewed. Yes, he uses Amanda as an example of how the Italians assumed she should have reacted according to their own cultural expectations. When she did not, they interpreted it as a sign of guilt. This is from a review of his book:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...dPXnqF2IfsBPQA
Only a ******* moron would claim Amanda Knox was found guilty in a fair trial 'because of her body language'.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:21 AM   #2936
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

While differences in cultural "expectations" might well have played a part vis-a-vis Knox in Perugia, I think the absolutely critical point here is this: things like intuition, profiling, phone tapping and so on can sometimes (maybe even often) be of real use in directing investigors towards specific individuals*.

BUT

That's all they can be. Of use in narrowing down the pool of potential suspects, and thus enabling investigators to focus their resources in a more optimal way.

What cannot and should not happen is that these kinds of "pointer" methods get magnified to being considered as evidence of guilt in and of themselves. Rather, it's then the job of investigators to go out and obtain real, hard, reliable, credible evidence. And it's only this actual evidence which should form the basis of any charging decision (and subsequent trial, if the decision is to charge).

I believe that the investigators in the Kercher murder case used methods that were probably deeply embedded in their overall approach and philosophy (and methods that, incidentally, were/are one of the very worst aspects of any inquisitorial criminal justice system). I believe that they were very well used to employing the following methodology:

1) Think of a wide selection of people who have potential links to the victim or the crime;

2) Examine each of those people in more detail. Are they unable to provide a provable alibi? Do they have potential motive? Do they have potential opportunity? Do they have potential means? Is their behaviour in front of investigators (or in phone taps) "strange" in some way?

3) If there are any people from the initial long list for whom the answer to all of the above questions is "yes", then it's probably they who committed the crime.

4) Now starts the task of finding the evidence to support the thesis that the persons(s) in (3) above did indeed commit the crime - this is where confirmation bias and tunnel vision on the part of the investigators can become a huge problem (as in the Knox/Sollecito investigation);

5) In conjunction with (4) above, the person(s) in question get brought in for interrogation, with the aim of extracting a useable (in court) confession. If they can manage to do this, it's solid gold (since the Italian courts historically treat all confessions as automatically reliable and credible....);

6) Once they have a confession, and a few pieces of supporting evidence (which, remember, may very well be the product of misinterpretation due to tunnel vision and/or confirmation bias), conviction is almost a formality.

And now, here's the thing: very often (in fact, probably almost always), this approach ends up with the investigators identifying the correct culprit, and the courts correctly convicting them. If, for example, a house is burgled, and the police recognise the MO as that of a recidivist burglar in their town, and the burglar cannot account for his movement around the time of the crime, and the burglar is nervous and evasive when police go round to talk with him.... well then, it's a pretty fair chance that this is the culprit. They may get the man to confess in a subsequent interrogation, and they may very well subsequently find corroborating physical evidence or witness testimony. And that evidence may well be enough, in totality, to see the man correctly convicted of the crime. And the investigators can slap themselves on the back for a) a job well done (the true culprit has been convicted and sentenced) and b) a vindication of their operating methods.

What appears to me to have happened in the Knox/Sollecito investigation is that they got to step (3) in my list above, and decided that:

a) Knox had to have been involved in some material way in the murder (though I think it's very clear that at that stage, they believed Knox had enabled (and subsequently covered up for) the actual murderer, rather than having directly participated in the attack herself);

b) by direct extension, Sollecito had to have, at the very least, lied to them about Knox's whereabouts on the night of the murder, and might also have had some sort of involvement in the murder itself;

c) therefore, both Knox and Sollecito had to have committed one or more serious criminal offences; and

d) Knox (and maybe also Sollecito) had to be able to tell them the identity of the man who had actually attacked and stabbed Kercher.

At that point, I think they crossed the Rubicon: they decided that their deductions were correct, and they set out to "prove" their deductions - first via forced confessions, and then via the (as they thought) inevitable physical evidence and witness testimony.

And the rest is (a very sorry) history........

* In the same way as, say, it's objectively more reasonable for security officials at airports to single out for enhanced searching a young man of Middle Eastern or South Asian ethnicity who's looking nervous and travelling alone.... as opposed to, say, a caucasian woman in her 50s who's travelling with her daughter and her daughter's two young children
Oh please. Stefanoni worked extensively in helping identify Tsunami victims of the 2004 disaster. People who volunteer their services in third world disaster areas do not tend to be narrow minded bigots.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:24 AM   #2937
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

But the infamous animated video of the prosecution's theory shown in court had Knox herself wielding the kitchen knife.
It was almost certainly Knox who carried a knife dripping with Meredith's blood into the bathroom to rinse it. She was indeed considered at trial to be the killer.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:25 AM   #2938
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
Even if we do get the calunnia vacated we will still have M/B and it's multiple references to the calunnia that will be redundant. I simply can't understand how the MR document would be allowed to stand without some kind of modification. Can it be done?

Hoots
Dream on.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:29 AM   #2939
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Why would anyone, outside perhaps Silenzi, be touching that bra hook? Especially males? In the past, I've asked that question but the PGP just ignore it. The choices are that it's either contamination or Meredith had more than just Silenzi touching her bra hooks.
The extra random fragments of DNA were nothing more than background dust, mosly 6 - alleles (one of which was Knox' BTW on the fabric, causing her forensic defence expert to walk off her case). As you know, a lawyer can't defend you if he believes you to be guilty. Especially here, as per the evidence of his own eyes.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:31 AM   #2940
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Agreed, LJ, which is why I could never get a PGP to give me a logical answer that did not support their 'no contamination' claim AND didn't basically say Meredith was fooling around with more than just Silenzi.
Don't be so silly. The DNA fragments might just have easily come from whoever packaged the bra in the factory. It might have been new and straight out of the packet. Or someone handling it in the shop before Mez bought it.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:34 AM   #2941
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I'm flying on Condor (Cook subsidiary) to Frankfurt next week. Thank goodness they're flying as usual ...for now. Seeking bridge loan from German gov't as they were the only profitable business for TC. They have the only decently priced BC fare from the US West Coast to Europe.
This is what happens when you go for the budget/cheapo flights.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:35 AM   #2942
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Completely agree, but I always found the (ahem) logic employed by both Massei and Nencini to find Curatolo credible to be one of the most "disgracefully clear" examples of the fundamental flaws in their approach. I can't tell you how many times I've read those passages, only to have my BP rise as my head spins over the sheer ignorance and bias used in their reasoning. It is clear they started with the premise that Curatolo saw Amanda and Raffaele on the night of the murder, they then work backwards in a desperate effort to rationalize or minimize all of the various contradictions in order to make it work.
Oh dear. It looks like you missed your vocation as a criminal defence barrister.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:37 AM   #2943
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
One's eye-balls roll out when reading Massei's description of what Curatolo might have meant when he used the phrase, "before midnight". There must be something lost in translation - even the PMF translation from Italian into English!!! - because while considering the apparent Italian idiom, "before midnight", Judge Massei finally settles on a time of 23:00 (11 pm) for the latest time Curatolo would have seen Amanda Knox in the Piazza Grimana.

It is no wonder that Massei's overall report if over 430+ pages, with these kinds of nonsensical gymnastics. It is also no wonder that the final Marasca-Bruno report comes in at about 55+ pages. This was tragically a very straightforward crime.

Rudy did it - unless one wants to prove that other factoids factor in....
Ugh. Can't unsee that. Put them away.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:38 AM   #2944
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I completely agree. Finding Curatolo in any way credible was ridiculous. Equally ridiculous was Nara Capezalli. This woman claimed to have seen posters of Guede, Knox, and Sollecito the next morning! She says she was told about it by some boys also the next morning after hearing the scream but the crime had not even been discovered yet.
I also note that the same journalist, Antioco Fois, incredibly 'discovered' not only Curatolo and Capezalli, but also Quintavalle. All came forward with his urging.
Hilarious.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:40 AM   #2945
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Yes - it would appear that Guede's murder conviction (and it IS a murder conviction) had had a little "joint enterprise" leger-de-main special sauce applied to it by the ever-surprising Italian criminal justice system, with the (totally unnecessary and unrequired in the adversarial system it's supposed now to be*...) "judicial truth" of the crime being that Guede was a party to the murder but did not actually stab Kercher himself. All, of course, because the prosecution knew full well that the defence (obviously) and the courts would never object to a proposition in which someone other than Guede had done the stabbing, and that therefore this would give the prosecution a clear mandate and rationale for continuing its pursuit of Knox and Sollecito as "vicious knife-wielding maniacs".......

I am pretty sure I've made this point before, but (in a different context, admittedly) I happened upon a repeat of an old episode of "Air Crash Investigation" (I believe it's called "Mayday" in North America) late last night after I got home. It was the episode dealing with the Italian disaster known as the "Ustica Massacre", in which an aircraft exploded and broke apart at altitude over the sea, with dozens killed, in around the early 80s (IIRC). The judicial investigation went on - shockingly and unnecessarily - for decades.

The Italian Government became convinced that the aircraft had been shot down (accidentally) by a French Navy ship that had been in the general area. But three separate international expert investigations showed conclusively that the aircraft had instead been brought down by a bomb placed onto the aircraft before its departure (and a bomb whose precise position on board the aircraft could even be determined with high scientific accuracy). The scientific evidence of a bomb was so accurate and reliable that the international expert reports were unequivocal and certain in their conclusions.

But..... Italy "preferred" the story of a missile discharge from a foreign navy to the story in which its own airport security had been compromised to allow a bomb to be placed onto the aircraft. So, when the Supreme Court issued its final judgement on the case, in something like 2013 or 2014, it decided that the "judicial truth" was that the aircraft had been destroyed by an inadvertant French missile strike.

One (and maybe two) well-qualified commentators to the programme remarked explicitly that if you want courts to do their jobs properly in determining responsibility, Italy is perhaps the very worst country which pretends to "first world" status in which to expect that to happen. It IMMEDIATELY brought to mind the farcical Chieffi SC panel, together of course with the Massei and Nencini courts, in the Knox/Sollecito trials process.

Thank goodness - and thank justice - for the (apparently very rare) shining examples in the Italian criminal justice system such as the Marasca SC panel and the Hellmann court.

*And we can remind ourselves again here that ALL that the Italian courts were required to decide in the Guede case - nothing more and nothing less - was simply whether there was sufficient credible, reliable evidence to constitute (in the courts' opinions) proof BARD that Guede had committed each of the crimes with which he was charged. That's all. On the murder charge, for example, all the courts needed to conclude was that there was sufficient credible, reliable evidence that Guede had been wholly party to the murder** to pronounce him guilty on that charge - there was no need whatsoever to speculate upon whether or not he'd actually stabbed Kercher, when there was ZERO evidence to show whether he had or he had not done so.

**and there was: the combination of the bloody handprint on Kercher's pillowcase, the Skype call to Benedetti, the huge holes in Guede's story, his clea attempt to construct an alibi by going out dancing in discos mere hours after the murder (in giant contradiction with his claims to have been feeling frightened and panicked), and his flight to Germany)
Bloody Italians. Can't think straight. No wonder Knox and Sollecito were found guilty.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:41 AM   #2946
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

RS's kitchen knife was compatible with the largest wound... but only compatible as would have been almost any non-serrated knife. MY kitchen knife would have been compatible. As would likely Mignini's, Comodi's, Profazio's, Sophie's, etc.
Yet another non sequitur.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:43 AM   #2947
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Sherlock Holmes bites again.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:44 AM   #2948
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Everybody's a liar except your two little darlings.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:45 AM   #2949
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I think the police really did smell something: lysoform. I don't think that was rehearsed or coached. But their failure to distinguish it from lysoform when they found both bleach and lysoform was pure ineptitude.

Capezzali is a different matter. I think Fois suggested things to her just as he did Curatolo and Quintavalle in an effort to get a story. They may well have come to believe their stories just as Amanda came to think she really did have amnesia as was suggested to her by Donnino.
Shouldn't that be moved to the conspiracies thread?

All these ******* Italians conspiring with each other against Miss American Pie.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:46 AM   #2950
bagels
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Shouldn't that be moved to the conspiracies thread?

All these ******* Italians conspiring with each other against Miss American Pie.
You're the one that believes in a massive (inter)national conspiracy. We just think some local bumbling cops and their idiot prosecutor made a boo boo.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th September 2019, 11:50 AM   #2951
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
Nah! There are judicial facts and there are actual facts in this case. Of course Meredith is actually dead, but how can Meredith be "legally dead" if no-one was ever "legally" identified as the killer. IMO M/B failed to determine who the actual killer was, which in turn fails to give us any real closure on the case.

Hoots
Knox and Sollecito were convicted on the merits. Police are not looking for anybody else.

Not even Knox and Solly are looking for anybody else after the appearance of their disastrous star witnesses, a child kidnapper, Alessi, and killer and a sociopathic mafiosi Lucy (formerly Luciano) 'five versions' Aviello, claiming hey knew who the 'other attackers' were.

Even Knox and Raff believed there were 'other attackers' and sought to bribe these two crooks into providing a false account.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:51 AM   #2952
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

We all know who did it.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:52 AM   #2953
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, ye of little faith. Any day now. Any day.
You are not usually funny but that made me laugh.
Old 27th September 2019, 12:04 PM   #2954
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Her standard operating procedure is avoidance and distraction.

ETA: Speaking of which, has Vixen found that David Marriot-Curt Knox-$2 million PR campaign evidence yet? For something 'readily available' it's sure taking her a long time.
Sorry I haven't been doing your research for you, as per usual. However, life got in the way and I had to attend a burial, arrange a party and have said party, together with sorting out various effects, taking loads of stuff to the landfill, assembling flat pack furniture, etc.

Might I remind you of this? I suggest you take your own advice under consideration.
Quote:
If you want to make an allegation, the onus is on you to prove it, or at least show probable cause.
(vixen, 23/01/2019 post #2443)

Last edited by Stacyhs; 27th September 2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 27th September 2019, 12:04 PM   #2955
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

You've been reminded countless times, when you make the claim it's up to you to prove it. Since we know this is a bogus claim, why would any of us waste time looking for it. You've been making the claim for a very long time yet you've never offered a shred of evidence to prove the claim, so yes, this IS avoidance.
Old 27th September 2019, 12:11 PM   #2956
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Yes, Amanda Knox is one such person. She knows she's lying but sees nothing immoral in it.
Projection is a funny thing, innit?

Is that why the defense requested it be tested?

Raff had every reason to be terrified of Stefanoni's work.
Old 27th September 2019, 12:12 PM   #2957
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

The issue wasn't how Raffaele felt about the stain. It was "why a suspected semen stain between the legs of the victim was not seen as a potential primary piece of evidence in a rape/ murder".

Claiming Raffaele was terrified of it being tested is what we call a diversion, which for you is a form of avoidance. Why not try to address the point being made and explain why the stain was not collected and tested?
Old 27th September 2019, 12:16 PM   #2958
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Only a ******* moron would claim Amanda Knox was found guilty in a fair trial 'because of her body language'.
And only a ******* moron would claim Amanda Knox was acquitted in a fair trial 'because of the mafia/masons/US Government/PR Supertanker'
Old 27th September 2019, 12:16 PM   #2959
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Just for giggles, I had a look at TJMK's Front Page. The current offering is an attack on Malcolm Gladwell's book Talking to Strangers by The Machine who is attempting to expose Gladwell's 'lies'. First up: mixed blood. Yep, you read that right. MIXED BLOOD with Amanda having "copious blood loss". Hoo boy. Does TM bother to mention that not a single court called it 'mixed blood' because it's forensically impossible to determine her blood from her DNA? Nah. As evidence, he trots out Garofano, the lone 'go to' expert on this for the PGP with whom not a single forensic expert agrees. You would assume that the fact that no other expert agrees with Garofano might be a clue for TM and other PGP. But no.

Does TM bother to include the fact that no trace of blood was found in Filomena's room as confirmed by negative TMB test? Nah.

I could go on but you get the idea. TM is just trotting out more disproved/unproved nonsense. I have to wonder why TM feels the need to spend so much time just repeating the same nonsense to his tiny, tiny audience? No one is looking to decide on AK's and RS's guilt or innocence anymore. People have already made up their minds or just don't care. So why all the time and effort? The miniscule TJMK diehards are just not relevant anymore but they don't quite seem to kemo sabe that.
You are either ignorant of the case or - more likely - know very well the pair did it together with Guede but enjoy seeing how far you can knowingly spin out your PR.
Nice try, Vix. Did The Machine bother to mention that no court referred to it as "mixed blood"? Did he mention the negative TMB results? The simple and truthful answer is "no".

Please stop embarrassing yourself with the continual lie that we 'know' the pair are guilty but support them anyway. It does not reflect well on your logical reasoning capabilities.
Old 27th September 2019, 12:19 PM   #2960
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Only a ******* moron would derive that from what he said.

By the way, that 'fair trial' was totally demolished by the Supreme Court which found it should never have convicted on the evidence presented.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors