ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 22 37.29%
No 26 44.07%
I don't know 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd January 2020, 10:24 AM   #241
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
No, just weird religious cultists want to pay zero dollar. Everyone else's posts prove you wrong and now you're just religiously lying about it.
It was demonstrated that you and few fellows answering my posts are hypocrites.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:28 AM   #242
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post

Employers will give you money for your work to be competitive but what they want to pay you is zero dollar and what you want to pay for services and goods is zero dollar and the verses you put on Jesus said that use money is criminality.
That's only your bias and ignorance.

Read my posts uip thread.

I can count on one hand the number of business owners that I know fits into your stereotype.

I know a bunch that are the exact opposite.

Up thread, I described what our board did to help out an employee that is facing a tough road with his youngest son.

The board is allowing the GM and myself to donate our accrued vacation hours to him so he can stay covered under our insurance plan in the event he doesn't have enough work hours to qualify for coverage.

The reason that we have to document the vacation hours is that years back, one of the employers covered in the union contract had an employee that was diagnosed with AIDS. When he became too sick to work, his employer simply continued to pay his health and welfare contribution so he'd retain his coverage.

This eventually became an issue w/ the union H & W trust because they didn't want to pay the incoming medical bills - the Union, not the employer, wanted to throw this guy to the wolves.

The employer simply told the H & W administrators that he was covered due to accrued vacation hours - an employer covered in the current contract is now subject to audit by H & W to prove an employee that is not working enough covered hours to maintain their healthcare coverage actually has the vacation hours to make up the difference.

Other individuals covered under the contract are allowed to donate vacation hours to another employee, but the H & W folks are not thrilled that this is allowed.

Again, the collective bargaining unit is the bad guy here, not the employer.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus

Last edited by zooterkin; 2nd January 2020 at 12:48 PM.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:23 AM   #243
Gaetan
Illuminator

The crimes of your leaders:

U.S. war on the defenseless / Sanctions harm one-third of world’s people

By Sara Flounders posted on December 3, 2019

The most insidious and pervasive form of modern warfare by Wall Street and the Pentagon, acting in coordination, is passing largely unnoticed and unchallenged. This calculated attack is rolling back decades of progress in health care, sanitation, housing, essential infrastructure and industrial development all around the world.
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 4.

https://www.workers.org/2019/12/44711/

Last edited by zooterkin; 2nd January 2020 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Rule 4
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:40 AM   #244
Leftus
Master Poster

U.S. war on the defenseless / Sanctions harm one-third of world’s people

By Sara Flounders posted on December 3, 2019
OK, show me the laws that were broken. Or show me why anyone should give 2 ***** about Sara Flounders. From where does she gain the authority to judge anyone? Given her support of actual murders, why should I take her word on perceived harms when she ignores actual harm?

Please tell me this was you trying to be actually wrong. If so, great job.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:45 AM   #245
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Not my leaders.

You understand that Workers world is pro-abortion and anti-religion, right?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:57 AM   #246
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

It was demonstrated that you and few fellows answering my posts are hypocrites.
No, that's never been the case. It has been proven that you are hypocritical in telling others to give up money while you refuse to yourself. You're simply lying about it.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:57 AM   #247
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Not my leaders.
Your country have hundreds of islands around the world that serve as offshore havens.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:08 PM   #248
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

[/url]
Crimes of your leaders:

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/is-th...23-gujy2v.html

The Catholic Church, which has presided over a decades-long international cover-up of countless cases, perhaps hundreds of thousands, of child rape and other sexual abuse is arguably guilty of crimes against humanity.

https://news24-680.com/2018/04/04/fu...or-sentencing/

A fugitive minister who preached at churches in Martinez and Pleasant Hill while engaged in a sexual relationship with an underage girl has been returned for sentencing in the United States after fleeing to Mexico following his conviction on child molestation charges last year.

Fernando Maldonado has been extradited back to the U.S. from Mexico and is scheduled to be sentenced on April 13, 2018 at 10 a.m. before Contra Costa County Superior Court Judge Clare Maier.

http://protestantya.com/index.php/pr...tist-ministers

Protestant Ministers Convicted of Sex Abuse - Baptist Ministers

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:17 PM   #249
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Crimes of your leaders:

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/is-th...23-gujy2v.html

The Catholic Church, which has presided over a decades-long international cover-up of countless cases, perhaps hundreds of thousands, of child rape and other sexual abuse is arguably guilty of crimes against humanity.

https://news24-680.com/2018/04/04/fu...or-sentencing/

A fugitive minister who preached at churches in Martinez and Pleasant Hill while engaged in a sexual relationship with an underage girl has been returned for sentencing in the United States after fleeing to Mexico following his conviction on child molestation charges last year.

Fernando Maldonado has been extradited back to the U.S. from Mexico and is scheduled to be sentenced on April 13, 2018 at 10 a.m. before Contra Costa County Superior Court Judge Clare Maier.

http://protestantya.com/index.php/pr...tist-ministers

Protestant Ministers Convicted of Sex Abuse - Baptist Ministers
These churches are not my church but the churches of Satan, i told you that already, ignorant.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:22 PM   #250
Leftus
Master Poster

Your country have hundreds of islands around the world that serve as offshore havens.
Can we get a list?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:39 PM   #251
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Can we get a list?
https://www.taxhaven.org/tax_havens_of_the_world/
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:48 PM   #252
Leftus
Master Poster

That is not a list. Your claim is that his country has hundreds. Providing a list of every tax haven is an answer to the question. You have to identify the hundreds, at least 200, otherwise it's just another baseless claim.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:59 PM   #253
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
That is not a list. Your claim is that his country has hundreds. Providing a list of every tax haven is an answer to the question. You have to identify the hundreds, at least 200, otherwise it's just another baseless claim.
Your country has many tax haven states as well.
Old 2nd January 2020, 01:08 PM   #254
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

These churches are not my church but the churches of Satan, i told you that already, ignorant.
You worship jesus-man, they worship jesus-man.

Do your fellow travellers from Workers know you side with jesus-man over Marxism? They might give you the boot.

Old 2nd January 2020, 01:54 PM   #255
Gaetan
Illuminator

You worship jesus-man, they worship jesus-man.

Do your fellow travellers from Workers know you side with jesus-man over Marxism? They might give you the boot.
The worst of these churches are the evangelists.
Old 2nd January 2020, 03:02 PM   #256
Leftus
Master Poster

Your country has many tax haven states as well.
Thanks for the red herring. Now I don't have to go shopping.

I'm still waiting for the details for the claim you made. Hundreds. So at least 200 island nations that are tax havens for the country in which abaddon lives. Not a link to potential island nations, but actual tax havens.

Or you can just admit you pulled the number out of your ass.
Old 2nd January 2020, 04:14 PM   #257
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

The worst of these churches are the evangelists.
You're rooting for the same fraud they use to get their hands on kids...

You've made it clear that you condemn people for using evil money but you support child molesteors.

Old 2nd January 2020, 04:38 PM   #258
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Your religious cult is the same as every other religious cult. Because of so many religious child abusers, do you think we should abolish religion, including your weird cult?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 06:23 PM   #259
Gaetan
Illuminator

Your religious cult is the same as every other religious cult. Because of so many religious child abusers, do you think we should abolish religion, including your weird cult?
I put a post about criminal activities of your governments and US bankers in the world with no answer. That's a proof that money is no good and my religion that condemn money is good, doesn't it.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:06 PM   #260
Gaetan
Illuminator

The Australians were told by the medias own by riches to vote for a conservative government, now look what is happening in their country caused by climat change effect, that country is devastated by fires, that what money does, devastation and it is only the beginning.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:43 PM   #261
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

I put a post about criminal activities of your governments and US bankers in the world with no answer. That's a proof that money is no good and my religion that condemn money is good, doesn't it.
It's proof how dishonest you are in running away from answering the question about how religion should be abolished because of how the religious abuse children. Religion should be abolished because of the evil and criminal enterprise it is and money will help do it. Money is the best thing to ever happen to the world and religion is the worst.

Last edited by RoboTimbo; 2nd January 2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:47 PM   #262
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

The Australians were told by the medias own by riches to vote for a conservative government, now look what is happening in their country caused by climat change effect, that country is devastated by fires, that what money does, devastation and it is only the beginning.
Religion has caused climate change and religion should be abolished. Relgion will only make the world die a horrible death like the children abused by the religious.

Gaetan, you should take the wealth that you keep from the starving children in Africa and use it to abolish religion, starting with your own weird cult.

I'm sure you would agree that religion turns its sycophants' brains to pudding.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:52 PM   #263
Gaetan
Illuminator

It's proof how dishonest you are in running away from answering the question about how religion should be abolished because of how the religious abuse children. Religion should be abolished because of the evil and criminal enterprise it is and money will help do it. Money is the best thing to ever happen to the world and religion is the worst.
Your lack of evidence always have you to change the subject and for your infomation my religion which i am the only member condemn the abuse of children as Jesus did, i put the verse before.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:54 PM   #264
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

No - it demonstrates that you care more about your opinion and religious dogma than you care about child sexual abuse by religious authority figures.

You've consistently aligned yourself with the jesus-man and infer you're doing jesus-man work, just like father kiddy diddler and minister handsy.

I think that all this "money-is-evil" jive might be intended as misdirection to distrait attention away from stories about sex abuse in the various religious institutions.

Old 2nd January 2020, 08:11 PM   #265
Gaetan
Illuminator

No - it demonstrates that you care more about your opinion and religious dogma than you care about child sexual abuse by religious authority figures.

You've consistently aligned yourself with the jesus-man and infer you're doing jesus-man work, just like father kiddy diddler and minister handsy.

I think that all this "money-is-evil" jive might be intended as misdirection to distrait attention away from stories about sex abuse in the various religious institutions.
Sexual abuse of children has nothing to do with money or even religion it is a sexual disease,
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove breach of rule 12

Last edited by Agatha; 3rd January 2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:16 PM   #266
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Your lack of evidence always have you to change the subject
There is no change of subject. I'd earlier shown post after post of YOUR OWN that were of a religious nature. YOU are the one who brought religion into the thread.

It's just sad how the religious abuse children and other religious try to deflect away from that evil. What story are you inventing to deflect away from the evil of all religous cults, including your own?

Quote:
and for your infomation my religion which i am the only member condemn the abuse of children as Jesus did, i put the verse before.
So you're as hypocritical as your Jesus character in condemning others for using money while using it yourself. Nobody is going to listen to anyone who propogates such hypocrisy.
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:18 PM   #267
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Sexual abuse of children has nothing to do with money or even religion it is a sexual disease, this is just to distract idiots like you.
Money has nothing to do with sexual abuse of children but it does have everything to do with religion since it is the hypocritical religious who steal money from the poor while abusing children.

You haven't shared your wealth to help feed the starving children in Africa, have you? All of your money you keep for yourself?
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:28 PM   #268
Gaetan
Illuminator

YOU are the one who brought religion into the thread.
I don't know if i brought religion into this thread but what i said was with the subject of money while sexual abuse of children has nothing to do with religion or money.
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove breach of rule 0 and rule 12

Last edited by Agatha; 3rd January 2020 at 09:21 AM.
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:51 PM   #269
Joecool
Master Poster

Employers will give you money for your work to be competitive but what they want to pay you is zero dollar and what you want to pay for services and goods is zero dollar and the verses you put on Jesus said that use money is criminality.
Honest employers who want to put out good product and services often pay their employees more because they want to reward good work and dedication to the job. Not everyone wants to pay zero just to exploit people.

Sure, there are some employers who do just that but to say all or most employers do this is just a lie and a fantasy to feed your no money world, which you are hypocritical about since you work for money, by your own admission.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:15 PM   #270
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Sure, there are some employers who do just that but to say all or most employers do this is just a lie and a fantasy to feed your no money world, which you are hypocritical about since you work for money, by your own admission.
An employer who wants to pay his workers or a worker who wants to pay for goods or services is not a normal person. Just look in groceries, the products in rebate goes out first and the clothes you buy come from china or countries where workers are less paid, there is not much clothes product in US.
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove breach of rule 0 and rule 12

Last edited by Agatha; 3rd January 2020 at 09:21 AM.
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:13 PM   #271
Joecool
Master Poster

An employer who wants to pay his workers or a worker who wants to pay for goods or services is not a normal person. Just look in groceries, the products in rebate goes out first and the clothes you buy come from china or countries where workers are less paid, there is not much clothes product in US. All the facts prove that you are an hypocrite.
What facts are you referring to? Yes, there are companies that use cheap products made in China but I'm speaking of many local companies where I live that pay workers a living wage. Workers share in the success of the company and they are dedicated to their work.

You say "facts" but have FAILED to name a single one.

Gaetan, are you starving because your employer tries to pay you "zero"? Apparently not if you have time to post your nonsense on an internet forum.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:34 PM   #272
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
What facts are you referring to? Yes, there are companies that use cheap products made in China but I'm speaking of many local companies where I live that pay workers a living wage. Workers share in the success of the company and they are dedicated to their work.

You say "facts" but have FAILED to name a single one.

Gaetan, are you starving because your employer tries to pay you "zero"? Apparently not if you have time to post your nonsense on an internet forum.
More hypocrisies
Old 3rd January 2020, 06:57 AM   #273
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

I don't know if i brought religion into this thread
That's a straight up lie. One of my posts listed your first posts in the original thread where you kept trying to hammer your cult down our throat.

Quote:
but what i said was with the subject of money while sexual abuse of children has nothing to do with religion or money. <RELIGIOUS HATERED REDACTED>
Since you brought religion up in the thread, it must have everything to do with money and sexual abuse of children. You repeatedly talk about your cult's gods and bible novel. If you didn't want to talk about how evil religion is, you should never have brought it up in the first place. Didn't your Jesus character use money and say "the laborer deserves his wages"?

I've posted dozens of links to the religious who abuse children to show you how evil religion is. You say that the inanimate object money is evil and criminal and have never shown that to be true. I've proved how evil and twisted religion is.

No wonder it makes you so insanely angry.
Old 3rd January 2020, 07:05 AM   #274
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

An employer who wants to pay his workers or a worker who wants to pay for goods or services is not a normal person. Just look in groceries, the products in rebate goes out first and the clothes you buy come from china or countries where workers are less paid, there is not much clothes product in US. All the facts prove that you are an hypocrite.
How much of your wealth that you splurge on internet access and a computer and cell phone have you sent to Africa to help feed starving children? You DO still use money, right?

I'm pretty sure you aren't the right person to calling anyone else a hypocrite.
Old 3rd January 2020, 07:55 AM   #275
Leftus
Master Poster

The wages paid in developing countries to make clothing is market wages in that area. They are good for the local economy. Also, relatively speaking, they are good jobs. It's only your 1% privilege that shames hard working people from the jobs they need.
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:03 AM   #276
Gaetan
Illuminator

I've posted dozens of links to the religious who abuse children to show you how evil religion is.
You'll find nothing in the teaching of Jesus Christ that promote the abuse of children but the contrary, this is just your stupidities and lies to distract people from the real thread about money.
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:16 AM   #277
Gaetan
Illuminator

People in Australia were told by their medias corrupted by the money of rich like you to vote for a right wing party that won't do anything against pollution and climat change but will only make it worst. They voted for this party thinking it will bring them more money and prosperity but it was lies to make rich more rich. Now look at what is happening in their countries, they followed the advise of expert in the domain of pollution from medias own by riches. That's what money is doing we are heading toward the destruction of the planet.
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:26 AM   #278
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

You'll find nothing in the teaching of Jesus Christ that promote the abuse of children but the contrary, this is just your stupidities and lies to distract people from the real thread about money.
You'll also find the same moron cursing a fig tree. Is the Jesus character in your novel an idiot or something? Why did the novelists make him such a hypocrite? Didn't the novel have him using money and having a treasurer in his posse? Don't you still use money?

No, I think you'll agree that religion with all of its child abusers is the greatest evil ever to be inflicted on the world. We should spend money to abolish religion. Won't you free up some of the money that you don't give to the starving children in Africa to help?
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:27 AM   #279
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

People in Australia were told by their medias corrupted by the money of rich like you to vote for a right wing party that won't do anything against pollution and climat change but will only make it worst. They voted for this party thinking it will bring them more money and prosperity but it was lies to make rich more rich. Now look at what is happening in their countries, they followed the advise of expert in the domain of pollution from medias own by riches. That's what money is doing we are heading toward the destruction of the planet.
Religion is the cause of global warming. I've already discussed this.

How much money does your cult make?
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:36 AM   #280
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

An employer who wants to pay his workers or a worker who wants to pay for goods or services is not a normal person.
Stereotypes are not your friend.

My experience in the business world leads me to the conclusion that the stereotype evil capitalist you assert as the norm exists more in fiction than in fact.

I know of a businessman that fits your stereotype to a "T"

He isn't held up as a example of good business, he's referenced as the miserable prick that he was and as a cautionary tale - The description that sticks in my mind was him driving through the Marina district in a Cadillac convertible, smoking an expense cigar and counting the buildings he owned there as he drove through all the while pissed off that he had to pay a union truck driver $1.85 and hour PLUS OVERTIME!

The guy had been one of the partners of A.P. Giannini in The Bank of Italy, which became Bank of America.

One of the men that worked for him described him as "wanting to pay you $5.00 a day. and begrudge you the $5.00."

That's the only individual I know of that fits in with your stereotype.

I know far more folks that conduct themselves regarding their employees in the way I described above.

BTW, if business men fit into your stereotype, why does my board amd myself and the GM go out of our way to help employees when they need it most instead of writing them off? it's a policy at this company going back to day one - "Take care of the guys" has been the guiding principle behind how management operates the business. The President of the Union representing our employees has said in public that if every company took care of their people the way we do, there would be no need to have unions.

How's all that fit into your fantasy world?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance