ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 10th February 2020, 12:51 PM   #2561
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
*The members of the military radio station in Vietnam are reading response mail after a popular DJ is taken off the air and replaced with a boring uptight military officer.*

"Here's one from a Marine in Da Nang: Captain Hauk sucks the sweat off of a dead man's balls. I have no idea what that means, Sir, but it seems very negative to me."
"Deep in my heart, I know I'm funny."
Old 10th February 2020, 01:02 PM   #2562
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

With luck, this could get extremely messy for Trump...

From: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/10/amaz...ract-loss.html
Amazon is seeking to depose President Donald Trump, Defense Secretary Mark Esper and former Defense Secretary James Mattis over a $10 billion Pentagon cloud contract awarded to Microsoft....A spokesperson for AWS told CNBC in a statement: “President Trump has repeatedly demonstrated his willingness to use his position as President and Commander in Chief to interfere with government functions – including federal procurements – to advance his personal agenda...."

Now, unlike the House (with its impeachment inquiry), Amazon probably has the time and resources to dedicate to pursuing this through the courts. Hopefully, trump will be forced to testify, and then get caught committing perjury.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 01:09 PM   #2563
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I have wondered how long it was going to be before Trump had to take on a mega-corporation that wasn't so deep in the government contracts they couldn't risk fighting him and/or wasn't staunchly conservative.

What's going to happen? I have no idea. Amazon isn't going to risk Trump doing something to it's oh so sweet tax breaks but Bezos is a willful dude and him and Trump already hate each other.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 10th February 2020 at 01:16 PM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 01:13 PM   #2564
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Not to mention a 26% EPA budget cut.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-b...afety-net-epa/

Originally Posted by Trump
“We have the cleanest air in the world in the United States, and it’s gotten better since I’m president. We have the cleanest water. It’s crystal clean and I always say I want crystal clean water and air. ... We’re setting records environmentally.”

"We have the safest food and medicine in the world. Why do we need to spend so much money on the FDA?"

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Meeting with U.S. Governors in a short while. All States are doing well. “Thank you Mr. President.”

I thought New York and California were hellholes that had been run into the ground by the Democrats?
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 01:14 PM   #2565
plague311
Great minds think...

I have wondered how long it was going to be before Trump had to take on a mega-corporation that wasn't so deep in the government contracts they couldn't risk fighting him and/or wasn't staunchly conservative?

What's going to happen? I have no idea. Amazon isn't going to risk Trump doing something to it's oh so sweet tax breaks but Bezos is a willful dude and him and Trump already hate each other.
Bezo's doesn't seem one to back off, that's for sure. He owns half the ******* internet so it's not like he doesn't have resources, as was mentioned before. I don't think anything is going to happen to Trump. I doubt he'll have to testify about anything, will he? I can't imagine being forced to when he can just ignore it, settle out of court, or drag it on for months until he's either out of office or voted back in. If he gets the boot he can say "I'm not there anymore, take it up with them"

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 01:14 PM   #2566
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
With luck, this could get extremely messy for Trump...

From: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/10/amaz...ract-loss.html
Amazon is seeking to depose President Donald Trump, Defense Secretary Mark Esper and former Defense Secretary James Mattis over a $10 billion Pentagon cloud contract awarded to Microsoft....A spokesperson for AWS told CNBC in a statement: “President Trump has repeatedly demonstrated his willingness to use his position as President and Commander in Chief to interfere with government functions – including federal procurements – to advance his personal agenda...."

Now, unlike the House (with its impeachment inquiry), Amazon probably has the time and resources to dedicate to pursuing this through the courts. Hopefully, trump will be forced to testify, and then get caught committing perjury.
I initially read that with an alternate meaning of "depose", because of course I did.
Old 10th February 2020, 01:18 PM   #2567
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

I have wondered how long it was going to be before Trump had to take on a mega-corporation that wasn't so deep in the government contracts they couldn't risk fighting him and/or wasn't staunchly conservative?

Which tax breaks would those be?

I know Trump has commented in the past on how Amazon didn't collect sales taxes, but since then they seem to be collecting taxes from almost all states.

And the company may have benefited from the reduction in corporate taxes, but I can't really see Trump having any real ability to reverse those tax cuts in a way that impacts one company only.

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 01:25 PM   #2568
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

So, some upcoming information regarding Trump's proposed budget. So what will it probably have?

As expected:
- Big cuts to non-military spending, including foreign aid, education, the CDC
- Increased spending for the military
- Another $2 billion for the border wall
- No plans to eliminate the deficit for at least a decade.
- Cuts to the 'social safety net', through things like tightened requirements

So much for the promises that the tax cuts would 'pay for themselves', and for Trump's 2016 promise to eliminate the deficit in 8 years. And not so sure how smart it is to cut CDC spending when the Corona virus seems to be causing so many issues.

House Democrats have already stated that the budget won't be going anywhere.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/09/polit...cit/index.html

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/10/211313...titlement-cuts
Proprosing cuts to the CDC with the Coronavirus becoming an issue is not a bright idea. You think he would have changed that before the budget was released.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 01:28 PM   #2569
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Re: Amazon suing over losing a pentagon contract...
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I don't think anything is going to happen to Trump. I doubt he'll have to testify about anything, will he? I can't imagine being forced to when he can just ignore it, settle out of court, or drag it on for months until he's either out of office or voted back in.
Well, the supreme court ruled that Nixon had to turn over evidence during Watergate. If the courts follow precedents (which admittedly they may not do anymore) then there wouldn't be much he could do to prevent it.

And settling out of court could be damaging, since he'd be paying with taxpayer money.

And dragging it out may not work as well as it did with Mueller and/or the Impeachment inquiry because, well, Amazon probably has the resources to follow through with no time limit.
Quote:
If he gets the boot he can say "I'm not there anymore, take it up with them"
That might be even worse for him, since he would no longer have Barr and the DoJ working to protect him.

Not sure what punishment he might receive though.... if the courts do find Trump personally interfered in awarding a government contract over petty personal reasons, would he be liable for being sued personally? Or would it be Amazon going after the government?

We are Groot - Groot
Old 10th February 2020, 01:34 PM   #2570
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“A lot of people feel defeated...Trump always wins. It seems like nothing can stop him.” Danny Villazon @nytimes @DanaPerino @FoxNews But isn’t that what you want from your President?

Wall Street Journal Editorial: “She (Crazy Nancy) aimed at Trump and hit Uncle Joe.”
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 01:38 PM   #2571
plague311
Great minds think...

Trump Tweets

“A lot of people feel defeated...Trump always wins. It seems like nothing can stop him.” Danny Villazon @nytimes @DanaPerino @FoxNews But isn’t that what you want from your President?
Probably about the best tweet he's ever had because nothing about it is wrong. He's been able to shrug off pretty much everything thrown at him. As has been mentioned, his numbers are the as they were at the beginning, and whenever he's accused of something nothing much comes from it. He was impeached but what did that do? Not much.

Say what you will, he knows what he can get away with and that's pretty much anything.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 02:20 PM   #2572
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I haven't been keeping up here so pardon me if its already been mentioned but I see President Trump has come out as a vociferous supporter of Laura Loomer for congress in Florida. For those not familiar with the infamous Laura Loomer she is a rabid, mouth-foaming anti-Muslim right winger, who has advocated never allowing any Muslim ever to come to the United States, and castigated Uber and Lyft for allowing Muslim drivers, opined that no Muslim should be allowed to seek public office, marched at Charlottesville, aligned with white nationalists, said to support and recite their notorious "14 word mantra,"
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.
, and on and on. In other words, to anyone but our demented president and the Republican party which appears ready to support her candidacy, a dangerously fanatical lunatic.

How ****** up the world is becoming.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 02:26 PM   #2573
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Proprosing cuts to the CDC with the Coronavirus becoming an issue is not a bright idea. You think he would have changed that before the budget was released.
This is Trump if you put all his bright ideas together you wouldn't light a bathroom.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 02:36 PM   #2574
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I haven't been keeping up here so pardon me if its already been mentioned but I see President Trump has come out as a vociferous supporter of Laura Loomer for congress in Florida. For those not familiar with the infamous Laura Loomer she is a rabid, mouth-foaming anti-Muslim right winger, who has advocated never allowing any Muslim ever to come to the United States, and castigated Uber and Lyft for allowing Muslim drivers, opined that no Muslim should be allowed to seek public office, marched at Charlottesville, aligned with white nationalists, said to support and recite their notorious "14 word mantra,"
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.
, and on and on. In other words, to anyone but our demented president and the Republican party which appears ready to support her candidacy, a dangerously fanatical lunatic.

How ****** up the world is becoming.
Laura Loomer . . . **** me.

I remember back in the good ole days when Loomer would fatuously boast about Trump having her 6. I guess those days are gone, and they ain't comin' back, to your home town.

It's sickening how ****** up this world becoming.

ETA: I don't want to hear anyone telling me they don't think Trump is racist if he is truly supporting this . . . person's candidacy. She is shameful.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020

Last edited by Resume; 10th February 2020 at 02:42 PM. Reason: dept of redundancy dept
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 03:16 PM   #2575
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
I remember back in the good ole days when Loomer would fatuously boast about Trump having her 6. I guess those days are gone, and they ain't comin' back, to your home town.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Doesn't he still have her back?

(To the extent that Trump ever has anyone's back.)
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 03:25 PM   #2576
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

“We will always protect your Medicare and we will always protect your Social Security. Always.”
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 03:41 PM   #2577
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post

She used to brag that Trump supported her candidacy and I (and others) found it hard to believe that he'd ever heard of this looney nobody.

But apparently not, as he's retweeted her and suggested donations to her campaign are in order. I guess it worked as she seems to have raised more money than her opponent, incumbent Lois Frankel. Let's also remember she's running in Trump's newfound Palm Beach district.

Loomer is a conspiracy nut, a bigot, and possibly a congressperson in 2020.

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 03:42 PM   #2578
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

“We will always protect your Medicare and we will always protect your Social Security. Always.”
Friggin socialist.

George Will on
June 1, 2020
Old 10th February 2020, 04:13 PM   #2579
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I was thinking more in terms of her ass.
Old 10th February 2020, 04:21 PM   #2580
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Your logic includes two unstated assumptions: President Trump cares about the health of average Americans and President Trump is bright enough to change his mind after being presented with new critical information.

Also, why would his supporters care about cuts to the CDC?
Old 10th February 2020, 04:31 PM   #2581
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Also today Trump says "The European Union was really formed so they could treat us badly." and NATO "was going down like a rocket ship" before he took office.
Old 10th February 2020, 04:32 PM   #2582
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Remember "Sir", “A lot of people think” or “many people say” means “I’m making this up as I go along”.
Old 10th February 2020, 04:37 PM   #2583
BrooklynBaby
Graduate Poster

You said the National Guard would be "with us." Defining the National Guard does not clarify who you meant by "us." Which I thought would have been pretty obvious. So who's "us"?
All Americans who have guns under the Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment. Here is the oath the National Guard takes when sworn in:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God."

That means they will not be obeying any order to go out and confiscate arms from citizens by President Quid Pro Joe Biden or anyone else. It would be illegal for them to do so. They will be on our side.
BrooklynBaby is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 04:46 PM   #2584
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby View Post
All Americans who have guns under the Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment. Here is the oath the National Guard takes when sworn in:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God."

That means they will not be obeying any order to go out and confiscate arms from citizens by President Quid Pro Joe Biden or anyone else. It would be illegal for them to do so. They will be on our side.
On your side in some militia fever dream where you get to murder that patronising neighbour?
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 04:47 PM   #2585
Cain
Straussian

The proposed budget sounds tin-eared, especially for an election year. Is there a calculation here that closing the deficit will help more with voters than going back on this promise? People do not give a **** if you say you're going to be too busy working to play golf... and then just play a lot of golf. Out of state. On your own properties. But this is the sort of thing that scares old, white people. Maybe they trust Trump. Maybe he'll lie and say the cuts will only impact illegal immigrants taking advantage of the system.

I see they're going to continue pitching the lie that the economy will grow at three percent, facts and reason be damned.
Old 10th February 2020, 05:03 PM   #2586
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Maybe he'll lie and say the cuts will only impact illegal immigrants taking advantage of the system.

More likely they'll be told that the cuts will only affect younger people who won't be collecting until years from now. "Screw them, I've got mine."
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 05:07 PM   #2587
Tero
Graduate Poster

Trump has some fantasy that if he ridicules Democratic candidates enough, and they are seen losers, the Democratic voters will switch to him. Democrats never vote for republicans, and even more so with Trump.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 05:26 PM   #2588
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Re: Amazon suing over losing a pentagon contract...

Well, the supreme court ruled that Nixon had to turn over evidence during Watergate. If the courts follow precedents (which admittedly they may not do anymore) then there wouldn't be much he could do to prevent it.

And settling out of court could be damaging, since he'd be paying with taxpayer money.

And dragging it out may not work as well as it did with Mueller and/or the Impeachment inquiry because, well, Amazon probably has the resources to follow through with no time limit.

That might be even worse for him, since he would no longer have Barr and the DoJ working to protect him.

Not sure what punishment he might receive though.... if the courts do find Trump personally interfered in awarding a government contract over petty personal reasons, would he be liable for being sued personally? Or would it be Amazon going after the government?

Yes.

Why does it need to be a dichotomy? There's enough bad behavior there for both to make fair targets.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 05:32 PM   #2589
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I see the CPAC has gone officially Fascist with its message to Romney.No criticism of Dear Leader allowed.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 05:33 PM   #2590
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
On your side in some militia fever dream where you get to murder that patronising neighbour?
God, not the unorganized Militia nonsense again?

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th February 2020, 05:36 PM   #2591
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby View Post

Looking forward to When King President Trump orders you to round up liberals, and put them in concentration camps?

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 05:47 PM   #2592
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I see the CPAC has gone officially Fascist with its message to Romney.No criticism of Dear Leader allowed.
They never were too sure about that Mormon guy, and I believe they blame him for losing to Obama.
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 05:53 PM   #2593
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

At his rally tonight Trump says
Quote:
You do know who's paying for the wall, don't you? Redemption from illegal aliens. The redemption money is paying for the wall
What is redemption money?
Old 10th February 2020, 06:18 PM   #2594
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
More likely they'll be told that the cuts will only affect younger people who won't be collecting until years from now. "Screw them, I've got mine."
Leopards, faces, eating, etc.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 06:40 PM   #2595
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

While researching (ok, "researching") an entirely separate subject, I got led down a Wikipedia rabbit hole to an article about toxic leadership.
Basic traits

Quote:
The basic traits of a toxic leader are generally considered to be either/or insular,[1] intemperate,[1][4] glib, operationally rigid, callous,[1] inept,[4] discriminatory,[1] corrupt[4] or aggressive[4] by scholars such as Barbara Kellerman. They boast that they are supposedly clever, always criticize other staff members and avoid or dislike to be asked awkward questions about their leadership style.[2] These may occur as either:

Oppositional behaviour.[2]
Plays corporate power politics.
An overcompetitive attitude to other employees.[2]
Perfectionistic attitudes.
Abuse of the disciplinary system (such as to remove a workplace rival).
A condescending/glib attitude.[1]
They are shallow and lack self-confidence. Toxic leaders are not confident with themselves and become aggressive to cope.[2]
Poor self-control and/or restraint.[4]
Physical and/or psychological bullying.[4]
Procedural inflexibility.[2]
Discriminatory attitudes (sexism, etc.).
Causes workplace division instead of harmony.[1]
Use "divide and rule" tactics on their employees.[4]
Arrogant[2]
Irritability[2]

Aggressive narcissism

This syndrome is also the 'Factor 1' in Robert D.Hare's Psychopathy Checklist, which includes the following traits:

Glibness/superficial charm[2]
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative[2]
Lack of remorse or guilt[2]
Callous/lack of empathy[2]
Shallow emotional affect (genuine emotion is short-lived and egocentric)
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
Sound like anyone we know?
Old 10th February 2020, 06:42 PM   #2596
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
While researching (ok, "researching") an entirely separate subject, I got led down a Wikipedia rabbit hole to an article about toxic leadership.
Basic traits

Sound like anyone we know?
Scratch “Perfectionistic attitudes“ though. Everything is slipshod and incompetent.

Last edited by Sideroxylon; 10th February 2020 at 06:44 PM.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 06:49 PM   #2597
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Probably about the best tweet he's ever had because nothing about it is wrong. He's been able to shrug off pretty much everything thrown at him. As has been mentioned, his numbers are the as they were at the beginning, and whenever he's accused of something nothing much comes from it. He was impeached but what did that do? Not much.

Say what you will, he knows what he can get away with and that's pretty much anything.
The thing about Nixon was he couldn't help getting guilty and ashamed.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 07:17 PM   #2598
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Money in the church collection plate?
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2020, 07:19 PM   #2599
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Scratch “Perfectionistic attitudes“ though. Everything is slipshod and incompetent.
But Trump believes it's perfection.

Space Force.
Old 10th February 2020, 07:38 PM   #2600
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Obviously, it is money that congress allocated to the military and then re-allocated to the wall by POTUS.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics