ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:23 AM   #1
Saggy
Graduate Poster

How many bombs did the US military drop in 2019?

Not sure about which forum to put this, but ... I do believe there is a conspiracy to keep us in the dark on this subject so....

I note that for years 'The Air Force Magazine' published a daily report that listed the number and types sorties flown each day by the Air Force, but that was discontinued.

Googling I can find that the US dropped 7000+ bombs on Afghanistan in 2019, and on Sept. 10 dropped 40 tons of bombs on an island in Iraq.

But I can't find any comprehensive numbers. Are they available?
"The more I argued with them, the better I came to know their dialectic. First they counted on the stupidity of their adversary, and then, when there was no other way out, they themselves simply played stupid."

Last edited by Saggy; 2nd June 2020 at 06:35 AM.
Saggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 07:18 AM   #2
bknight
Master Poster

Why would this be a conspiracy neglecting the fact that the AF discontinued publishing numbers?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 07:28 AM   #3
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Why are you asking us? Doesn't the Air Force have a press office?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 11:12 AM   #4
Axxman300
Illuminator

Just go to the CENTCOM operations page and click the links. They list all of their strikes for the various months going all the way back.
Old 2nd June 2020, 03:13 PM   #5
Saggy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Why are you asking us? Doesn't the Air Force have a press office?
Because the question came up once before on this forum and someone gave the answer. So, it's in the archive, but I can't find it. I'm hoping the same person reads this thread. As I recall, the Air Force Magazine Daily Archive was part of the discussion, but using google search on this forum I still can't find it. If I could easily search my own posts I think I could find the discussion and then the answer.

In face according to google search "air force magazine" has appeared in only one post (other than in this thread) in the history of the skepticsinternational forum, and I'm pretty sure I discussed it, and the question about how many bombs, before ?????

But I could be wrong, were I right, google search should produce the answer, and I'm not finding it.

The other reason was that I looked at all the topics on the Forum currently, and I couldn't find any where the question seemed to fit.
"The more I argued with them, the better I came to know their dialectic. First they counted on the stupidity of their adversary, and then, when there was no other way out, they themselves simply played stupid."

Last edited by Saggy; 2nd June 2020 at 03:30 PM.
Saggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 03:23 PM   #6
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Too many.
End of thread.
Old 2nd June 2020, 03:41 PM   #7
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Saggy View Post
Because the question came up once before on this forum and someone gave the answer. So, it's in the archive, but I can't find it. I'm hoping the same person reads this thread. As I recall, the Air Force Magazine Daily Archive was part of the discussion, but using google search on this forum I still can't find it. If I could easily search my own posts I think I could find the discussion and then the answer.

In face according to google search "air force magazine" has appeared in only one post (other than in this thread) in the history of the skepticsinternational forum, and I'm pretty sure I discussed it, and the question about how many bombs, before ?????

But I could be wrong, were I right, google search should produce the answer, and I'm not finding it.

The other reason was that I looked at all the topics on the Forum currently, and I couldn't find any where the question seemed to fit.
Thanks for the explanation.

Are you committed to trying to get the answer from this forum? What do you think of the options suggested above, such as checking the CENTCOM website or contacting a military press office?

If there's a discussion you want to have about present or recent-past military operations, the Politics or Social Issues subforums seem like good places to start a thread.

If you want to discuss a proposed conspiracy regarding bombs dropped, this is probably the right subforum.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 03:44 PM   #8
Saggy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Why would this be a conspiracy neglecting the fact that the AF discontinued publishing numbers?
If the information is not readily available it is an obvious conspiracy on the part of the government/media to keep the public uninformed. That is obvious. Just because it is obvious doesn't mean it's not a conspiracy.

Quote:
Are you committed to trying to get the answer from this forum?
No, not at all. I would like to find the answer, anywhere. The thing is there is a site that has the answer, a govt. site as I recall.

Quote:
What do you think of the options suggested above, such as checking the CENTCOM website or contacting a military press office?
I think the suggestions are disingenuous and not helpful.

Quote:
Politics or Social Issues subforums
I thought of that, but ... it doesn't really fit. It seems like another forum is needed - government policies, war and peace, foreign policy are possible suggestions.

I really thought the question had been answered on this forum long ago, and I can't quite believe my memory is that faulty, but ..... according to google search, it is.

Last edited by Saggy; 2nd June 2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 2nd June 2020, 03:49 PM   #9
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe it's just a pain in the ass to collect all the numbers of all the bombs dropped by all the units involved in all the sorties, all in one convenient place for the general public to surf to on the World Wide Web.

Maybe it's not so much a conspiracy as it is just seeing the effort as an obvious waste of resources.

Especially since the military does list all the sorties themselves, apparently. What do you believe is important about knowing the exact number of bombs?

I doubt there's anyone anywhere in the Pentagon who actually knows the exact number. Why would they?
Old 2nd June 2020, 04:05 PM   #10
Axxman300
Illuminator

Jesus, guys, seriously?

Operation Inherent Resolve:

https://www.inherentresolve.mil/Rele...rike-Releases/

Strikes:

https://www.inherentresolve.mil/Rele...rike-Releases/

Quote:

Quote:
CJTF-OIR does not report the number or type of aircraft employed in a strike, the number of
munitions dropped in each strike, or the number of individual munition impact points against a
target.
The information used to compile the daily strike releases is based on 'Z' or Greenwich
Mean Time.
Resolute Support (Asscrackistan):

https://rs.nato.int/page113865718.aspx

There you are. Go nuts.

You'll just have to estimate.

Last edited by Axxman300; 2nd June 2020 at 04:06 PM.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 04:38 PM   #11
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

I really thought the question had been answered on this forum long ago, and I can't quite believe my memory is that faulty, but ..... according to google search, it is.
Could the discussion have been in a members only section? External search engines cannot index those.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 04:48 PM   #12
Saggy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Jesus, guys, seriously?.
I think the links you have provided is probably as good as it's going to get.

The information in the strike reports is not nearly as detailed as that the Air Force Magazine Daily Report as the report listed 'sorties' which I think refers to individual aircraft and categorizes them by purpose, and it is, a day by day report. However, it too did not list numbers of bombs dropped.

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
You'll just have to estimate.
It would take a lot more info than we have to estimate .... I checked on the one report that made it to the news, linked in the first post, of 40 tons of bombs dropped on an island in Iraq on Sept. 10, 1919 ...

In the strike reports we read ....

Quote:
Strike Summary
Between September 1 and September 30, 2019, CJTF-OIR conducted 28 strikes consisting of 33 engagements against Daesh targets in Iraq. CJTF-OIR engaged 33 Daesh tactical units, destroyed two tunnels, three weapons caches, 10 fighting positions, one bed-down location, two buildings, and two safe-houses.
So the 40 tons of bombs on Sept. 10 did not merit a mention.

Occasionally summaries do appear .... the latest I'm aware of is from 2017
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/30/...-military-2017
Quote:
The military dropped nearly 40,000 bombs in 2017 compared to the around 31,000 released during Obama’s last year.
Quote:
Could the discussion have been in a members only section? External search engines cannot index those.
Thanks, I'm not losing my mind after all !

Last edited by Saggy; 2nd June 2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 2nd June 2020, 05:13 PM   #13
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

Because the question came up once before on this forum and someone gave the answer. So, it's in the archive, but I can't find it. I'm hoping the same person reads this thread. .
It was a Ron Paul fan on the Skeptic Society forum who gave you this data, in the holocaust denial forum where you were arguing there was no holocaust. Look up your own posts there.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:20 PM   #14
Saggy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
It was a Ron Paul fan on the Skeptic Society forum who gave you this data, in the holocaust denial forum where you were arguing there was no holocaust. Look up your own posts there.
Give me a clue .... I think I was banned ... the 'saggy' account is listed as inactive .... pointing out the absurdity of the holohoax is generally sufficient to get one banned from a 'skeptics' forum (can you appreciate the irony?), and most of the rest of the internet, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc., now that the ADL is censoring most of the net (for example here is a vid that was banned from YouTube ... https://www.bitchute.com/video/Ul72dV4SbAoh/)

If you know the answer, why not say it, instead of being such an ... ??? what's the word ....

Last edited by Saggy; 2nd June 2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:45 PM   #15
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

If I could easily search my own posts I think I could find the discussion and then the answer.
deleted

I just remembered who you are, and I don't want to help you do anything

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd June 2020 at 06:48 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 07:57 PM   #16
Axxman300
Illuminator

Just another day at the office. ISIS wants to die for Allah, we're happy to help them out.

Then there's this:

https://apnews.com/cfc8a7dfb803453c96deb338f971ce35

Quote:
BAGHDAD (AP) — The U.S.-led coalition says American warplanes have dropped 36,000 kilograms (40 tons) of bombs on an Island in the Tigris River “infested” with members of the Islamic State group.

The coalition said F15 and F35 warplanes took part in the bombing on Qanus Island in the central province of Salaheddine, north of the capital Baghdad.

Tuesday’s attack is part of operations carried out by Iraqi forces and the U.S.-led coalition against IS, which was defeated in Iraq in 2017.

IS sleeper cells have since carried out deadly bombings in Iraq.

IS controlled large swathes of Syria and Iraq where they declared a caliphate in 2014.
That means they issued a statement. An F-15E has a payload of 23,000 pounds. You can look up their load out.
Old 3rd June 2020, 03:40 AM   #17
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
It would take a lot more info than we have to estimate .... I checked on the one report that made it to the news, linked in the first post, of 40 tons of bombs dropped on an island in Iraq on Sept. 10, 1919 ...

In the strike reports we read ....

Quote:
Strike Summary
Between September 1 and September 30, 2019, CJTF-OIR conducted 28 strikes consisting of 33 engagements against Daesh targets in Iraq. CJTF-OIR engaged 33 Daesh tactical units, destroyed two tunnels, three weapons caches, 10 fighting positions, one bed-down location, two buildings, and two safe-houses.
Or, as September 10 falls between September 1 and September 30, it was included in the engagements you quoted above.

I'll add my name to the list of those puzzled as to why this is in the Conspiracy forum.
The US is making no secret of its fight against Daesh, nor do I see any reason why it should. I fail to see what significance the exact number of bombs dropped has, nor why there should be a conspiracy to conceal it.
Old 3rd June 2020, 05:33 AM   #18
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

You posted about it here - http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8#post11861028
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:54 AM   #19
bknight
Master Poster

If the information is not readily available it is an obvious conspiracy on the part of the government/media to keep the public uninformed. That is obvious. Just because it is obvious doesn't mean it's not a conspiracy.

<snip>
No it is not obvious that would be a conspiracy. There may be many factors that the AF decided to stop the information flow. And many if not all are not conspiracy elated. Is the glass half full or half empty?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2020, 01:46 PM   #20
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
My instincts haven't changed. Seeing "global research dot ca" in that post...
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories