ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jay Inslee , protest incidents , Seattle incidents , Seattle issues

Reply
Old 29th June 2020, 05:36 PM   #321
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Reporting on this is still unclear, but it seems that armed CHOP demonstrators shot dead two men in a truck that were attempting a drive-by or other shooting.

Some reports claim the men drove by and shot once before returning and shooting while driving through the encampment area in a field. Armed CHOP people shot and critically wounded both men in the truck, who have been transported to the hospital.

Mainstream media has little info beyond reporting that two men were taken to the ER with gunshot wounds.

Here's a twitter thread showing the truck riddled with gunshots.

https://twitter.com/MaliceBD/status/1277554271966203904
That's not a truck, that's an SUV. The Twitter even says SUV. But you put "truck".

When I think of a truck doing a shoot-up at CHOP, I instantly think rednecks. And I did think that. We have to wait to see if it was rednecks, or Proud Boys, or any other racist white slaughterers.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 05:49 PM   #322
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 4,721
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
That's not a truck, that's an SUV. The Twitter even says SUV. But you put "truck".

When I think of a truck doing a shoot-up at CHOP, I instantly think rednecks. And I did think that. We have to wait to see if it was rednecks, or Proud Boys, or any other racist white slaughterers.
Incredible hair splitting. An SUV is sometimes referred to as a truck. I'm sorry if this caused you distress.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 06:27 PM   #323
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
It turns out that the "man" who was assassinated by CHOP security was a 16 year old kid.

CHOP security video has recorded one participant noting that one of the kids is still alive and asking him if he wants to be pistol whipped ( 1:57 in the video ) before saying BOOM and what sounds like an execution shot ringing out.

What are the chances that the shooter(s) were white ?

Also, a rather entertaining interview with some white douchbag in a plague mask. When CHOP sends their people to talk to the media, they're not sending their best are they ?

Black Lives Matter might have to start protesting Black Lives Matter

All the gory details
WTF? The only video I see is an interview with a guy who says he didn't see it himself. He has a great mask BTW.

There's no link to any video with an audio saying what you are claiming. By all means, point out the link to the video you are referring to.
__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 06:28 PM   #324
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
This is what George Floyd died for.
Maybe you should verify what's in the Daily Mail before making this kind of reply.
__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 06:32 PM   #325
Stout
Illuminator
 
Stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,208
Embedded right there in the Daily Mail article, 4th media item down. i shall enact the labour of posting a direct link because, well, the video is a little bit smaller than the pictures so it might be easy to miss.

Ah, who am I kidding

If it was a snake......
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 06:42 PM   #326
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Incredible hair splitting. An SUV is sometimes referred to as a truck. I'm sorry if this caused you distress.
It's not distressing, but I was hoping for some white racists to be killed. But I would settle for any racist no matter what color. A dead black racist is just as good as a dead white racist. I have no use for any of them and they have no place in any society anywhere.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 06:46 PM   #327
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Maybe you should verify what's in the Daily Mail before making this kind of reply.
I wouldn't trust the Daily Fail under any circumstances because right now they are running a story saying that George Floyd is still alive.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 06:49 PM   #328
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 67,288
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
It's not distressing, but I was hoping for some white racists to be killed. But I would settle for any racist no matter what color. A dead black racist is just as good as a dead white racist. I have no use for any of them and they have no place in any society anywhere.
Wow.
__________________
Self-described nerd.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:04 PM   #329
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Thumbs down

Murderous white racists don't even have to get off the sofa. They can turn on the TV and get coverage of the ongoing black slaughter at CHOP. But this is happening throughout America and it's 24 hours a day including all holidays.

Staying on the sofa might explain what appears to be a complete lack of killer white racist action. Can anyone explain what appears to be restraint? I mean, what are the murderous white racists waiting for? Their targets are densely packed inside CHOP, and they have clear evidence now that summary executions come easy at CHOP.

ETA: The thumbs down icon was an accident and I can't get it to go away. It's not all that inappropriate anyway. I wish there was a lock on those icons because this has happened to me before.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.

Last edited by William Parcher; 29th June 2020 at 07:07 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:10 PM   #330
portlandatheist
Illuminator
 
portlandatheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,337
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It was never the point of the CHOPS to be a permanent autonomous zone - only to let people experience a life different from what is supposedly the only acceptable way of life in Capitalist America.
Let? Good grief. The residents and business owners will be relieved when the Lord of the Flies situation ends and its naked violence ends and voluntary exchange of goods and services in the private sector economy (aka capitalism) resume to semi-normal.
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:12 PM   #331
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Wow.
I may have shocked you, but I want you to know that I'm talking about murderous or murdering kinds of racists. I don't care what color they are. A racist that goes to the extent of firing a gun should be a dead racist as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if they don't hit anything at all. Get rid of them with extreme prejudice.

That's what I say, but anyone could disagree.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:17 PM   #332
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
Embedded right there in the Daily Mail article, 4th media item down. i shall enact the labour of posting a direct link because, well, the video is a little bit smaller than the pictures so it might be easy to miss.

Ah, who am I kidding

If it was a snake......
I've seen that video before. The shots are loud. You can't see any of the shooting. Near the end someone says something like 'oh you're not dead huh'. It's really hard to hear or know who said it and to whom. There are no shots afterward.

BTW, the person who live streamed the SUV circling the grass in the park said someone in the vehicle shot at her. It's not clear from video I saw.

It's clear multiple shots were fired into the SUV.

A lot of what the Daily Fail has read into this is more than what is there.

Got anything better, maybe something that actually shows what you claim?
__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:20 PM   #333
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
It's not distressing, but I was hoping for some white racists to be killed. But I would settle for any racist no matter what color. A dead black racist is just as good as a dead white racist. I have no use for any of them and they have no place in any society anywhere.
So far the only racism documented with the 4 shootings is the guy who was shot up in the first incident saying it was a group of white guys who shot him.
__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:23 PM   #334
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
I wouldn't trust the Daily Fail under any circumstances because right now they are running a story saying that George Floyd is still alive.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention at the bottom of their article they have those discredited images of the guys all decked out with armor, one of which (green mask) Fox News admitted photoshopping into the images of CHAZ (before it became CHOP).

I've not seen any on the scene reporters saying they saw any armed guards like these.
__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:30 PM   #335
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 67,288
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
I may have shocked you, but I want you to know that I'm talking about murderous or murdering kinds of racists. I don't care what color they are. A racist that goes to the extent of firing a gun should be a dead racist as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if they don't hit anything at all. Get rid of them with extreme prejudice.

That's what I say, but anyone could disagree.
Yeah, wow.
__________________
Self-described nerd.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:33 PM   #336
Stout
Illuminator
 
Stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,208
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Got anything better, maybe something that actually shows what you claim?
The only one of my claims that might be even remotely questionable is the one about the last execution gunshot and that's sourced from the progressive Twitter so The Mail isn't part of the equation on that one.

Shall I enact the labour and go forth to produce a timestamp for that sound ? Why yes, I shall. 2:08.

I'm open to the idea that the sound may have been that of someones skull getting cracked with the but of a pistol or, quite possibly, somebody stomping on a recently emptied carton of chocolate milk but until we have definitive proof that the sound was something else I'm sticking to my claim that it sounds like an execution shot.
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:35 PM   #337
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
The only one of my claims that might be even remotely questionable is the one about the last execution gunshot and that's sourced from the progressive Twitter so The Mail isn't part of the equation on that one.

Shall I enact the labour and go forth to produce a timestamp for that sound ? Why yes, I shall. 2:08.

I'm open to the idea that the sound may have been that of someones skull getting cracked with the but of a pistol or, quite possibly, somebody stomping on a recently emptied carton of chocolate milk but until we have definitive proof that the sound was something else I'm sticking to my claim that it sounds like an execution shot.
The last 'bang' after the comment isn't anything like the gunshots. Not even close.

There is no evidence anyone popped off an execution shot.
__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 07:51 PM   #338
Stout
Illuminator
 
Stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,208
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
The last 'bang' after the comment isn't anything like the gunshots. Not even close.

There is no evidence anyone popped off an execution shot.
That's why I said "sounds like". It's easy when you read the words that are actually written.

Like the following sentence. If CHOP security is so gung-ho about going on a murderous rampage against a couple of kids who look like they were joyriding in what looks to be their parent's SUV, why wouldn't they want to finish off the job ?

Or maybe we could examine the claim that someone at CHOP reported that the kids were shooting out of the car yet no evidence of a gun was found in the vehicle or on the kids. Where did the gun(s) go ? Where did any shell casings go ? Positive or negative on a GSR test should give us armchair detectives something to sink our teeth into.
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 08:23 PM   #339
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by portlandatheist View Post
Let? Good grief. The residents and business owners will be relieved when the Lord of the Flies situation ends and its naked violence ends and voluntary exchange of goods and services in the private sector economy (aka capitalism) resume to semi-normal.

What are you talking about? What country do you live in? This is downtown Seattle.

When CHOP shuts down and leaves, the murderous black gangs don't leave and the slaughter of black people and totally innocent bystanders does not stop. This is because CHOP is located in BLACKGANGLAND. And CHOP is just a pain in the ass to the gangs because it can disrupt BLACK MURDER INCORPORATED and make bizzness a bit less easy to get done.

Of course now there will be revenge hits right around there.

The only way to prevent the same thing happening in any location of CHOP is never do CHOP in any BLACKGANGLAND. You have to go out away from cities and often even away from suburbs.

It could turn out that the safest place for another CHOP experiment is in white rural America. There are no black gangs, and we can already see that white people aren't killing black people at CHOP. Like they have no interest at all, and even the horribly vicious white supremacist gangs are on the sofa.

It's all black people killing black people, and you can't do something insane like excluding all black people from CHOP to make ALL killings at CHOP come to a sudden end.

What an absolutely horrible situation that the United States of America finds itself in. We cannot stop it.

There is no question in my mind that America needs outside help. International community, please listen to me. We need your help desperately. This is like a kind of genocide of our African-Americans. This isn't happening to white people so please focus entirely on our black population everywhere they are.

Please, don't just talk to us. We need you to actually come here and help, or at least get something good started for us to carry along. We cannot do it ourselves.

America needs International help to stop the constant slaughter of black people by black people. It will be challenging because the problem is immense and widespread.

We need this help immediately because we feel that black lives matter. Please!

You will save much more than just black lives. You will simultaneously save the lives of homosexuals, transsexuals and white people. These same murderous black criminals kill those people just for being what they are and also just for the color of skin. These are summary executions just for being who you are. These are completely innocent people just living their lives.

We can't do this ourselves and white people are at great risk if they go inside the black gangland to try to help. Black gangland is commonly a no-go zone for white people because their life is at risk without any warning. The only functional warning is to simply stay out, or bring an armored vehicle. They shoot at firemen putting out fires in black gangland even when there is no rioting going on at all. Cops that are there to stop this and deal with it are summarily executed just like all the others. The cop is the ultimate enemy because he is the guy that puts these black criminals in prison. Nobody else does that. But if you can kill him you've at least got some chance of not going to prison. Nearly all of them are carrying a gun so they are fully equipped to kill police if they choose to do that.

We need help really badly, and it doesn't matter if it comes from Australia or Britain or wherever. Anybody, please, we have to have this quickly.

Black lives matter, and so do homosexual and transsexual and white lives.

I beg you. Please.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.

Last edited by William Parcher; 29th June 2020 at 08:30 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 08:55 PM   #340
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
So far the only racism documented with the 4 shootings is the guy who was shot up in the first incident saying it was a group of white guys who shot him.
That kid is just a Smollett. He is a murderous black gangster who doesn't want a tombstone. Snitches get tombstones and he doesn't want that. He isn't going to tell them who shot him, even if he knows the name and address. You are summarily executed for doing that. The Mafia, no matter where they are, do the same thing.

He is Jussie Smollett because he blames white people. Go look for white guys. It's an absolutely brilliant way to save your own life and also coldcock white America. And the whole thing only takes 3 seconds because that's how long it takes to say, "They was white guys!" He might even have a t-shirt that says, "I Am Jussie Smollett".

Plus, CHOP desperately needs at least one white shooter. This youngster is trying to help out with that.

It sounds like fiction. Like a book or movie. But this is real and it happens around the clock every single day.

For some it's got to be one of the most insane things they have ever seen. This is Insane America. The other countries are right when they say that America is really screwed up. It is hugely screwed up, and we need outside help right away.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.

Last edited by William Parcher; 29th June 2020 at 09:01 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 09:01 PM   #341
Stout
Illuminator
 
Stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,208
Wiliiam, I've heard your plea and urged the Canadian government to respond but unfortunately all our crisis management teams are currently involved in dealing with a massive outbreak of historical microaggressions.

Yep, much to out national shame, we've had a blackface incident that made the national news so we may not be able to respond for a while.

Hang in there neighbour, we've got your back eh.
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 09:02 PM   #342
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Yeah, wow.
What do you mean by that?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 09:09 PM   #343
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 67,288
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
What do you mean by that?
Nothing. You do you.
__________________
Self-described nerd.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 09:15 PM   #344
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
Positive or negative on a GSR test should give us armchair detectives something to sink our teeth into.
The hell with that, I'll solve the whole thing right now.

The security agency hires murderous black gangsters and they didn't know it until now. The extreme weirdness of the guards is only because this whole thing was just more black gang warfare. The only difference is that some black gangbangers were wearing security outfits.

The evidence is missing because people there do not want their black gangsters going to prison, and plus, black lives matter. All black lives matter.

It's like you are watching a goddamn movie with a twisty plot. This is no movie!

Done.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.

Last edited by William Parcher; 29th June 2020 at 09:18 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 09:16 PM   #345
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
That kid is just a Smollett. He is a murderous black gangster who doesn't want a tombstone. Snitches get tombstones and he doesn't want that. He isn't going to tell them who shot him, even if he knows the name and address. You are summarily executed for doing that. The Mafia, no matter where they are, do the same thing.

He is Jussie Smollett because he blames white people. Go look for white guys. It's an absolutely brilliant way to save your own life and also coldcock white America. And the whole thing only takes 3 seconds because that's how long it takes to say, "They was white guys!" He might even have a t-shirt that says, "I Am Jussie Smollett".

Plus, CHOP desperately needs at least one white shooter. This youngster is trying to help out with that.

It sounds like fiction. Like a book or movie. But this is real and it happens around the clock every single day.

For some it's got to be one of the most insane things they have ever seen. This is Insane America. The other countries are right when they say that America is really screwed up. It is hugely screwed up, and we need outside help right away.
You should label your post speculation.

Unless you have some evidence.
__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 09:25 PM   #346
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
If the SUV was stolen then the black gangsters did the right thing and this is what they always do. You use a stolen vehicle to do the summary executions so that the black killahs cannot be linked to the vehicle. It doesn't matter if somebody gets the SUV because it can't be connected to them. You just gotta make sure you don't leave anything important behind. We see that that was taken care of.

This is all just simple routine. It happens just like this every day. But it isn't just black people. White criminals learned that they can do it the same way. Always use a stolen vehicle when you do some serious business.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 09:26 PM   #347
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,467
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
You should label your post speculation.

Unless you have some evidence.
You should get woke.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 10:09 PM   #348
Bubba
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,462
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
You should get woke.

Dont put money on that happening anytime soon.

Last edited by Bubba; 29th June 2020 at 10:10 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 11:27 PM   #349
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
You should get woke.


What am I supposed to get "woke" to? Have you even looked at what the Seattle gun homicide has been in the area for the last few years?

Seattle Times, Jan 2020: Seattle shootings rise 6% in 2019 over 2018, with the greatest increases in south and north, police say
Quote:
Shootings across the city increased 6% in 2019 compared to the previous year, with 235 reports of shots fired, 79 injury shootings and 18 fatal shootings, for a total of 332 shooting incidents, the data show. In 2018, the total was 313 shooting incidents, with 67 injury shootings, 13 fatalities and 233 shootings that resulted in property damage or where officers were able to collect evidence of a shooting such as shell casings.

Despite the year-over-year uptick, Assistant Police Chief of Investigations Deanna Nollette said 2019ís total numbers are still below the levels of gun violence seen in the city in 2015 and 2017, when there were 388 and 360 shooting incidents, respectively. In 2015, 16 people were killed and 72 others were injured in shootings; two years later, 18 people were fatally shot and 69 were wounded by gunfire, according to the departmentís data.
Seattle is not exactly Chicago now, are we.
__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2020, 11:44 PM   #350
Matthew Best
Philosopher
 
Matthew Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leicester Square, London
Posts: 7,622
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
That's why I said "sounds like". It's easy when you read the words that are actually written.
Yes, but the point is it doesn't "sound like" a shot. You can tell by comparing it to the shots that we do hear. It sounds nothing like them.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 02:33 AM   #351
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 22,260
Unrest continues for a seventh day in former British colony
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 04:52 AM   #352
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!
 
Mike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Posts: 35,366
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Well that was certainly a unique view of the current situation. Not exactly inaccurate, but an odd way of phrasing things. Is this how the rest of the world view the U.S.?
__________________
"Never judge a man until youíve walked a mile in his shoes...
Because then it won't really matter, youíll be a mile away and have his shoes."
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 04:57 AM   #353
Matthew Best
Philosopher
 
Matthew Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leicester Square, London
Posts: 7,622
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Well that was certainly a unique view of the current situation. Not exactly inaccurate, but an odd way of phrasing things. Is this how the rest of the world view the U.S.?
https://twitter.com/speechleyish/sta...90670663012352

In a nation torn by racial conflict, one unlikely food unites. To those accustomed to chopsticks, the greasy parcel known as a 'burger', a sort of split bao, is crude and messy. Yet it encapsulates a nation's violent past.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 04:58 AM   #354
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 4,721
I'm curious about what people think the CHOP did wrong here.

Is there the belief that the cops would have somehow apprehended these drive-by shooters without gunfire? Is the belief that street violence doesn't occur in areas where police have their normal presence?

If reporting on the ground is accurate, the shooting of this car and occupants was textbook lawful. Unlike the cops, CHOP medics provided prompt aid to the wounded and transported them to the hospital. What's the problem?
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 30th June 2020 at 04:59 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 06:05 AM   #355
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher
 
Beelzebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,540
Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
the greasy parcel known as a 'burger', a sort of split bao
I'd be down for cheeseburger bao. The hamburger bun is an imperfect vessel for delivering grease.

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
I'm curious about what people think the CHOP did wrong here.
Suddenly had it right: the assumption of those opposed to it is that without police everything must be a perfect, peaceful utopia, and anything less than that is therefore directly the fault of CHOP and their stubborn insistence on not begging for the return of the police to properly monopolize violence once more.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 07:00 AM   #356
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 14,446
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post


What am I supposed to get "woke" to? Have you even looked at what the Seattle gun homicide has been in the area for the last few years?

Seattle Times, Jan 2020: Seattle shootings rise 6% in 2019 over 2018, with the greatest increases in south and north, police say
Seattle is not exactly Chicago now, are we.
"Blackgangland". Seattle?!? Array the laughing dogs.

Masks are slipping. No, not corona masks.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
My authority is total - Trump
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 11:25 AM   #357
deadrose
Illuminator
 
deadrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: the wet side of the mountains
Posts: 3,394
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
"Blackgangland". Seattle?!? Array the laughing dogs.

Masks are slipping. No, not corona masks.
Beat me to it. The idea that Capitol Hill is a Black neighborhood or full of gangs is laughable, unless you consider drunken techbros and their girlfriends to be gangs (and that's only on weekends). It isn't even the gayborhood any more, they've been priced out, as have the artists & musicians.

It's an expensive neighborhood full of expensive little restaurants that's close to South Lake Union, and so gets a lot of tech industry people who don't object to paying over $2000 for a 700 sq ft apartment. Homeless people camping in the park means nothing. There are homeless people camped everywhere in Seattle with rent prices like that.
deadrose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 11:44 AM   #358
Stout
Illuminator
 
Stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,208
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
I'm curious about what people think the CHOP did wrong here.

Is there the belief that the cops would have somehow apprehended these drive-by shooters without gunfire? Is the belief that street violence doesn't occur in areas where police have their normal presence?

If reporting on the ground is accurate, the shooting of this car and occupants was textbook lawful. Unlike the cops, CHOP medics provided prompt aid to the wounded and transported them to the hospital. What's the problem?
What did they do wrong ? Shooting the crap out of an SUV with a couple of unarmed teenagers in it then slinking back into their holes once they realized they dun screwed up big time ?

No guns found, windows rolled up and, so far, no reports of the vehicle actually been stolen so we'll just have to wait and see how accurate that on the ground reporting is.

Did this "prompt aid" come before or after the pistol whipping threat or did the aid only start once someone showed up on the scene with a camera. Officil or not, these children were shot by the "police". The self appointed police in an area that supposedly prided itself on being police free.
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 01:45 PM   #359
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 81,581
No guns were found because people were in and out of the vehicle before the police got there.

Give it time for the evidence to come out.


Meanwhile, there was one council member who unlocked City Hall letting protesters flood in. She has also called for the Mayor to resign (or be removed, not sure without reviewing the news). Now the council member has doxxed the mayor, leading a protest march to the mayor's house. The mayor was previously a prosecutor and the doxxing has put her in some danger.

The mayor is calling for the council member's removal from the council.

__________________
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 01:52 PM   #360
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: It was Lothian's idea
Posts: 10,999
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
No guns were found because people were in and out of the vehicle before the police got there.

Give it time for the evidence to come out.


Meanwhile, there was one council member who unlocked City Hall letting protesters flood in. She has also called for the Mayor to resign (or be removed, not sure without reviewing the news). Now the council member has doxxed the mayor, leading a protest march to the mayor's house. The mayor was previously a prosecutor and the doxxing has put her in some danger.

The mayor is calling for the council member's removal from the council.

Disagreed. No guns were found, period. It was not "due to" any known cause, including your suggestion that they were stolen.

Should be simple enough, investigatively. Any slugs recovered from these alleged shots? Shell casings in the car? Residue on the fingers of the shot up guys? Short fast trip to showing they even could have shot that day based on residue alone.

Methinks the free love crowd, with their random militias, done ****** up.
__________________

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.