IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Reply
Old 23rd September 2020, 10:40 AM   #1321
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,247
a.)
More proof of the fact that not one of the political/entertainment elite never did, and never ever would touch a child inappropriately.

b.)
This also proves that their friends, spouses and relatives in MSM would instantly expose the crime, should it ever happen, which it of course will not...(see 'a' above)


Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Savile did threaten a few lawsuits; he also threatened some individuals with violence or other consequences, which, given his background as a wrestler and running night clubs on the fringes of the Leeds underworld, was taken seriously.

The various rumours were not just confined to the Beeb, but no-one had enough evidence of anything to pursue it. And, anyway, much of the "rumour" was more along the "He's creepy and handsy" line than anything else, which he was.
Bubba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:11 PM   #1322
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,893
This is a good piece on Qanus types by Rolling Stone (who are obviously in on all of this):

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...nGMAVHa9SPzPm4

Quote:
“They desperately need a place to put their anger and a way to make sense of the world. Us versus them, the horrible bad guys, is something they all seem to cling to,” says cult expert Diane Benscoter, who has spoken to numerous people whose loved ones are involved in QAnon. “The doctrine makes it easy to say, ‘Clearly we have to make a stand against this,’ and it feels really good to believe you’re on the side of righteousness and saving children.”
...Which as at the root of every CTist's motivation.

Quote:
Like Jadeja, Lem did not identify as conservative, and supported Sanders during the 2016 primary; his disgust with the liberal establishment after having seen Sanders passed over for Hillary Clinton at the 2016 Democratic National Convention is what led him to become obsessed with Pizzagate, the antecedent to QAnon, a conspiracy theory suggesting that Clinton and other Democratic operatives were running a child trafficking ring out of the basement of Comet Ping-Pong Pizza in Washington, D.C.
Yes, the DNC made everything worse in 2016 with their crummy Presidential campaign and candidate. That is a fact.

Quote:
Another common thread among the stories of former believers on Reddit is a history of mental illness. Jadeja had recently disconnected himself from many of his friends; he was isolated and intensely struggling with depression and undiagnosed bipolar II disorder. Because he was in graduate school, he also had a lot of time on his hands. “I was, I guess you could say, a prime candidate for Q to take a hold of me,” he says.
Anyway, it nails the appeal and the problem well.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:35 PM   #1323
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,495
The only things Q ever get right are when they make drops about things already made the "mockingbird news." Q and QAnon crow when people like Epstein are prosecuted as if they're responsible whenever any pedophile is revealed or put in jail.

Yet, somehow, Bill and Hillary, Barack and Michelle, Tom and Rita, etc. are still walking around free, with "sealed indictments" hanging over their heads, of course.

Q is not a credible source. Neither are the tweets/blog posts/videos of Q followers. Yet, somehow, whenever they're trying to prove something, those are the sources to which we get pointed.

Pouring semi-encoded nonsense all over the members of a circle jerk does not result in evidence of anything but how much the jerkers want to believe Q.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 01:23 PM   #1324
StillSleepy
Muse
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Where the wild goose goes
Posts: 611
I'm just waiting for all the back-patting and credit-taking when Q finally and probably inevitably gets a stopped clock moment. A marksman as fine as any in Texas, that Q.
__________________
I just want some outdoors left to enjoy. The wild is already artificial enough as it is.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 01:38 PM   #1325
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,299
New Q drop. Trump lusts after daughter. Pics available.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 01:41 PM   #1326
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,299
New Q drop. Trump in league with the martian overlords, signs treaty.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 01:46 PM   #1327
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,299
New Q drop. Trump cannot find own posterior. Cover up ensues due to unexpected skid marks.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 01:49 PM   #1328
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 26,391
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
I'm just waiting for all the back-patting and credit-taking when Q finally and probably inevitably gets a stopped clock moment. A marksman as fine as any in Texas, that Q.
It would be hard to notice, given that Q hasn't even been waiting. They already insinuate credit for Weinstein and Epstein even though both were brought down almost entirely due to pressure from feminist liberals.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 02:17 PM   #1329
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 18,835
Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
It would be hard to notice, given that Q hasn't even been waiting. They already insinuate credit for Weinstein and Epstein even though both were brought down almost entirely due to pressure from feminist liberals.
As with those pretending to be psychics, the troll(s) pretending to be Q are quite adept at postdiction and retrofitting.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 02:45 PM   #1330
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 3,571
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
[...] pseudo-skeptics [...]
That term alone screams that you're fully aware that skeptics only want evidence and that you don't have any.

The rest of your opinions on QAnon are just weird.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 03:21 PM   #1331
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,025
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Q is increasingly raising public awareness about some things the Swampy Deep State Club trusted would be forever hidden
Hilarious!

Quote, with the date, any "Q" post, with information that predates a normal investigation. You can't.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 03:59 PM   #1332
StillSleepy
Muse
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Where the wild goose goes
Posts: 611
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Hilarious!

Quote, with the date, any "Q" post, with information that predates a normal investigation. You can't.
Looks like you'll have to wait another fortnight for a response.

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
It would be hard to notice, given that Q hasn't even been waiting. They already insinuate credit for Weinstein and Epstein even though both were brought down almost entirely due to pressure from feminist liberals.
True, and from the Rolling Stone link earlier it seems that a number of low-hanging fruit predictions have already been made to assuage the herd.

On another note, I've been musing on methods to interrupt the recruiting cycle for Q, since it seems being exposed to 8kun too early in the process is an effective deterrent. (My thanks to whoever posted the tweet of someone being annoyed by being goatse'd after the Qmap takedown, it gave me a much-needed laugh.) I sincerely doubt you could get very many of the Qanons to believe secondhand accounts or screenshots of the site, which leaves somehow convincing them to visit it themselves rather than relying on aggregators.
__________________
I just want some outdoors left to enjoy. The wild is already artificial enough as it is.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 04:19 PM   #1333
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 31,030
Fortnights are a pedophile conspiracy! Did you know you can cut a pizza into 14 slices?
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 04:38 PM   #1334
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,567
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Hey Guys,


Q asked me to pass this on to y'all...


The Attorney General for the U.S. Virgin Islands has filed a lawsuit demanding more than two decades of flight logs for sex offender Jeffrey Epstein's ... logs of one of his planes, the "Lolita Express," were subpoenaed in 2009.

Do any of you...............Skeptics..............happen to know if the "CJ Roberts" on Epstein's flight logs is Chief Justice Roberts.?

Nick Sandman's lawyer Lin Woods is asking. You remember Nick.

Some of the comments below the tweet item include:







You guys think Roberts was blackmailed ?
I bet that sub human pig that is the current president is on those logs. We all know about his sexual attraction to his children. It's not a stretch to think he was sexually attracted to other children.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:01 PM   #1335
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,655
IT is truly disgusting how much child abuse Q is covering for by blaming a global conspiracy instead of what we know is really going on: child abuse/molestation is done overwhelmingly by family members and close acquaintances.

The fact that Q wants to hide this, because it makes people uncomfortable, should tell you all.
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 01:02 AM   #1336
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The evidence shows that the BBC covered up Jimmy Saville for decades from the top. There were no arrests made, hence, the burden is on you to prove that anything has changed. Good luck with that. Now you're the conspiracy theorist.
No arrests made? False.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/...fourth-suspect

Prove things have changed at the BBC? Easy, and I'm surprised you missed the fallout from that scandal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35657868

Now, as for my proving that the BBC is not covering up another paedophile scandal, well, true justice works on the presumption of innocence until guilt is proven. There are, as far as I'm aware, no victims coming forward, no allegations coming from BBC insiders, and the changes they have made to their culture and their procedures should ensure transparency and protection of the vulnerable. There is, therefore, no evidence of a cover-up, nor of any reason why the BBC staff would do that.
You are trying to shift the burden of proof, and I'm not having that. If you have evidence for your claim, please present it. Otherwise, sans evidence, your claim is not worth consideration.
As a final point, you are tarring the staff at the BBC with a very unpleasant brush. How would you like it if someone made those accusations about you?
In fact. now I come to think of it:
Can you prove you are not covering up paedophilia?


Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The creepiness of Dearman aside, what is even creepier to me is that the BBC and a whole host of news agencies, and then weirdos like you are extremely keen to always refer to him as the "falsely-accused". The evidence concerning the Hampstead coverup is damning, and from that one video alone any discerning person can recognize the crocodile tears. If you're interested, do some research. I'm not doing any lifting for you, clearly you are not objective.
The evidence is damning?

"Britain's worst troll" is your damning evidence?
Good lord.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rents-13848309

If you have anything else, like actual evidence, then, once again, I invite you to share it. Otherwise, claim dismissed again. (Hitchens Razor).
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
It's not "rubbish", it's a limited hangout, propagated by cooperation among compartments inside national intelligence agencies - a psyop. I agree in part with you, it hasn't named anyone or done anything meaningful except spread disinformation. It offers false hope for a segment of conspiracy theorists.
Citation needed. Yet another unsupported claim.

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
My nickname isn't Bubba, and if you read my first post in this thread, you would have seen what I think about Trump.
Good lord.
No, I know your nickname isn't Bubba. My question wasn't directed to you. It was directed to the forum member who goes by the name 'Bubba'. That's why I said 'Bubba', because I was talking to Bubba. Glad I could clear that up for you.


Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Prove that you're worthy of evidence. Why should I attempt to convince you of anything? I post what I want to post.
"Prove that I'm worthy"???
Get over yourself.
You can't complain that no-one will believe you when you refuse to support your claims. You are, as you say, free to post what you want to post, but I am free to reject everything you say if you can't or won't provide evidence for it.
That, old chap, is how scepticism works.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 02:06 AM   #1337
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator
 
zooterkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Berkshire, mostly
Posts: 48,401
Mod WarningPlease keep to the topic of the thread, and refrain from insulting other members.

If you see a breach of the MA, please use the report button to notify the mod team. Do not comment on the breach here since that will be off topic, as will any attempts to moderate the thread yourself.
Posted By:zooterkin
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.Bertrand Russell
Zooterkin is correct Darat
Nerd! Hokulele
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 03:16 AM   #1338
Disbelief
Master Poster
 
Disbelief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,815
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Q is increasingly raising public awareness about some things the Swampy Deep State Club trusted would be forever hidden when their monster girl Hillary won that 2016 election. (she wasn't supposed to lose. The Deep States Swamp media worked SO hard for her).

Each attack on Q made by your beloved corrupt swamp media clowns increases public awakening to forbidden knowledge and hidden truths, worldwide.
So the Deep State is so powerful to stay hidden for so long and have such control, but unable to lie about election results and just make Hillary the winner? Seems like such a simple thing for this powerful cabal to do.
__________________
Zensmack (LastChild, Laughing Assassin, RazetheFlag, Wastrel, TruthbyDecree) - Working his way up the sock puppet chain, trying to overtake P'Doh. Or, are they the same?

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 09:38 AM   #1339
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,460
Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
So the Deep State is so powerful to stay hidden for so long and have such control, but unable to lie about election results and just make Hillary the winner? Seems like such a simple thing for this powerful cabal to do.
One of the odd aspects of vastly powerful hidden conspiracy groups is that they are held to have immense power but cannot do the simplest things like silence someone who is 'spilling the beans' about them on line or simple take over. They are always 'about to seize control' but never do. How many generations of Illuminati have come and gone?

Real bad guys like the Fascists, Nazis, Falange, Communists can quickly take over a country but the imaginary guys seem grossly incompetent.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 09:39 AM   #1340
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 13,079
Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
So the Deep State is so powerful to stay hidden for so long and have such control, but unable to lie about election results and just make Hillary the winner? Seems like such a simple thing for this powerful cabal to do.
It amazes me how many folks hold the opinion that gov.org bad guys are so professional that they get away clean on any type of horrific crime while gov.org itself barely limps along - try dealing with the Social Security administration or Medicare (feds) or the Department of Motor vehicles (state) and find those super competent individuals.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 11:58 AM   #1341
Arcade22
Philosopher
 
Arcade22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,781
Qanon is just Trump disinfo trying to paint him as a valiant knight fighting evil when he's really just another satanic child rapist and killer whose upset that he got into the whole child rape and murder racket long after others had done so.

George Soros, Bill Gates, the Clinton's and all other Democrats have been feasting on the best kids for so long that Trump is left scraping the bottom of the barrel. They have regained their youthful appearance and energy while Trump's mind continues to rot away.
__________________
We would be a lot safer if the Government would take its money out of science and put it into astrology and the reading of palms. Only in superstition is there hope. - Kurt Vonnegut Jr

And no, Cuba is not a brutal and corrupt dictatorship, and it's definitely less so than Sweden. - dann
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 12:21 PM   #1342
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,979
DER SPIEGEL, in English, today (German "paper of record", comparable to TheGuardian in its pseudo-leftist, elitist-serving stance, known to sane people as "the former news magazine"):

THE MOST DANGEROUS CULT OF OUR TIMES MADE IT TO GERMANY!!!!1
__________________
If they want the pandemic to end, they just have to stop testing. Then people will die of the flu again, like they did before - Wolfgang Wodarg

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 24th September 2020 at 12:23 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 01:01 PM   #1343
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,495
QAnon is hugely dangerous. Not only do its adherents regularly express a desire to kill their opponents for imaginary offenses but they've already endangered people and, in fact, been inspired by their nutty beliefs to kill.

I'm truly concerned about what QAnon true believers might do if their GEOTUS is voted out of office before fulfilling his great purpose of unsealing the indictments and putting the evil cabal behind bars at Guantanamo Bay in preparation for military tribunals and executions.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 01:43 PM   #1344
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 3,571
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
I'm truly concerned about what QAnon true believers might do if their GEOTUS is voted out of office before fulfilling his great purpose of unsealing the indictments and putting the evil cabal behind bars at Guantanamo Bay in preparation for military tribunals and executions.
I think QAnons have a well-thumbed playbook for dealing with failure, since that's all they've ever done. They'll just lie, deny, and blame others -- just like their hero.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 04:12 PM   #1345
Pacal
Graduate Poster
 
Pacal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,161
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
DER SPIEGEL, in English, today (German "paper of record", comparable to TheGuardian in its pseudo-leftist, elitist-serving stance, known to sane people as "the former news magazine"):

THE MOST DANGEROUS CULT OF OUR TIMES MADE IT TO GERMANY!!!!1
And to sane people Qanon is known has utter nonsense. Best compared to the Great Satanic Witchcraze nonsense, Protocols of the Elders of Zion, the Wreakers Conspiracy, and so on and so forth.

As for serving elites, well that is what Media tends to do. Serving power is easy. But elites are not always united and tendencies are tendencies. The Qanon notion that Trump is anti-elite is of course absolutely hilarious. Trump is a member of the elite and so many of his policies have served his variation of the elite. (Massive tax cuts for one, along with environmental deregulation etc.)

Qanon is amusing crap that anyone who hasn't drunk the Kool Aid will laugh at.

I find it very funny that so many people are boosting Trump and this Qanon crap on the basis that they are sticking it to the elite; when in reality they are just letting themselves serve the elite. Faux Populism is Faux.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 05:07 PM   #1346
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,979
Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
And to sane people Qanon is known has utter nonsense.

Thanks for that wisdom, Pacal.

For casual visitors of this thread I repeat: I, like Tippit, am not a believer in "Qanon".
__________________
If they want the pandemic to end, they just have to stop testing. Then people will die of the flu again, like they did before - Wolfgang Wodarg
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 05:40 PM   #1347
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 26,391
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
For casual visitors of this thread I repeat: I, like Tippit, am not a believer in "Qanon".
And I repeat: Yet here you are in this thread, not to argue against QAnon but to heckle its debunkers.

The reason is because you and Tippit are "not believers in Qanon" only in the sense that you don't agree with everything they say. But there are a few things they say that you very definitely agree with. Strongly enough that when debunkers swoop in to knock QAnon down, you get defensive.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002

Last edited by Checkmite; 24th September 2020 at 05:42 PM.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 06:36 PM   #1348
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,979
Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
The reason is because you and Tippit are "not believers in Qanon" only in the sense that you don't agree with everything they say. But there are a few things they say that you very definitely agree with. Strongly enough that when debunkers swoop in to knock QAnon down, you get defensive.

Well, if there weren't some things solid on the basis on the Qanon story, it wouldn't be so "dangerous", hence successful, would it?

And I'm not "defensive" at all, I laugh at you denying those basic cornerstones.
__________________
If they want the pandemic to end, they just have to stop testing. Then people will die of the flu again, like they did before - Wolfgang Wodarg
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 06:44 PM   #1349
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,979
You can take a look at the list of premature deaths in the Dutroux affair, the most openly bizarre case of child abuse scandals leading to "high places" for a start. This is nothing to joke about.
__________________
If they want the pandemic to end, they just have to stop testing. Then people will die of the flu again, like they did before - Wolfgang Wodarg
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 08:41 PM   #1350
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 26,391
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Well, if there weren't some things solid on the basis on the Qanon story, it wouldn't be so "dangerous", hence successful, would it?
No. That very arbitrary presumption right there is the practical definition of "gullibility".

The reason QAnon is "dangerous" is because it is inspiring people commit crimes, up to and including murder. And the reason they are doing that has nothing to do with how "true" the conspiracy theory is; it's a matter of the conspiracy theory providing an excuse to commit violence against people they already dislike.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 08:52 PM   #1351
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,655
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Well, if there weren't some things solid on the basis on the Qanon story, it wouldn't be so "dangerous", hence successful, would it?

And I'm not "defensive" at all, I laugh at you denying those basic cornerstones.
Q posts are a Rorschach test: they mean what people want them to mean.
They are deliberately devoid of testable content ever since they were spectacularly wrong in the beginning about imminent mass-arrests.

the "solid basis" of Q is the community that FB and YT have pushed together around it, which is self-reinforcing and self-assuring. And that is dangerous.
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 09:02 PM   #1352
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,025
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You can take a look at the list of premature deaths in the Dutroux affair, the most openly bizarre case of child abuse scandals leading to "high places" for a start. This is nothing to joke about.
"In April 1989, Marc Dutroux was sentenced to 13 years for abduction and rape of 5 young girls."

Olenka Frenkiel reported in 2002 in The Guardian, that "Since 1995, there have been 20 unexplained deaths of potential witnesses connected with Dutroux."

So people aren't allowed to start dying six years after the court case?

"November 1995: Bernard Weinstein, Dutroux's accomplice, is poisoned by Dutroux"
...and when was Dutroux found guilty of murdering Bernard Weinstein?

Last edited by Matthew Ellard; 24th September 2020 at 09:05 PM.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 09:10 PM   #1353
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 26,391
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You can take a look at the list of premature deaths in the Dutroux affair, the most openly bizarre case of child abuse scandals leading to "high places" for a start. This is nothing to joke about.
The "Dutroux affair" is just "the Epstein thing" but in Belgium and with an actual murderous maniac. No "occult rituals", no baby-eating, no blood-drinking was ever alleged by the witnesses, including the discredited ones. It is not anything like what QAnon proposes.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 09:38 PM   #1354
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,979
Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
No. That very arbitrary presumption right there is the practical definition of "gullibility".

No. You accused Tippit and me of believing "a few things" of the Qanon story. And I told you about a few things that have to be believed if one hasn't stuck their heads solidly in the sand.

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
The "Dutroux affair" is just "the Epstein thing" but in Belgium and with an actual murderous maniac. No "occult rituals", no baby-eating, no blood-drinking was ever alleged by the witnesses, including the discredited ones. It is not anything like what QAnon proposes.

The Dutroux affair is about children held in cages, not about teenage girls giving "massages" to creepy old men. The latter is of course enough for getting blackmail material on people who run the society on behalf of us.
__________________
If they want the pandemic to end, they just have to stop testing. Then people will die of the flu again, like they did before - Wolfgang Wodarg

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 24th September 2020 at 09:42 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 10:08 PM   #1355
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,979
btw, pseudo-skeptics, it might be the time to actually look into pizzagate, the scandal that gave us the fake news media term "fake news".
__________________
If they want the pandemic to end, they just have to stop testing. Then people will die of the flu again, like they did before - Wolfgang Wodarg
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 11:54 PM   #1356
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,025
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
btw, pseudo-skeptics, it might be the time to actually look into pizzagate, the scandal that gave us the fake news media term "fake news".
From your link
"And the parallel with Rotherham is that the relatively small number of people asking for that are mostly the loathsome kinds of people who run “racist far-right websites.”

Q-Anon
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 12:25 AM   #1357
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,655
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
btw, pseudo-skeptics, it might be the time to actually look into pizzagate, the scandal that gave us the fake news media term "fake news".
why don't you enlighten us in your own words?

It's not that I don't trust the links you post, it's just that I do not trust the links you post.
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 01:06 AM   #1358
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 26,391
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
No. You accused Tippit and me of believing "a few things" of the Qanon story. And I told you about a few things that have to be believed if one hasn't stuck their heads solidly in the sand.
And I'm correcting you by pointing out that the things you claim "have to be believed" require gullibility, not insight as you believe.


Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
The Dutroux affair is about children held in cages, not about teenage girls giving "massages" to creepy old men.
You're prevaricating.

There's two halves of the Dutroux affair. One half is a guy who serially abducted and tortured young girls and women in his basement and also murdered at least one and possibly more witnesses. Those are the crimes that were proven, and the ones that involved cages. That is not a QAnon thing because it is just one guy, and he was a nobody, not some elite politician or movie star.

The other half is the convicted pedo/rapist trying to play for leniency by claiming to be part of a "sex party" ring that used underaged prostitutes and offering to roll on the other players, a claim that was never tested because of boneheadery by both the local police and the judge that tainted the proceeding, and remains unproven. That's the half that is the Epstein thing, but in Belgium.

In neither half are there ever any Satanic rituals or child-eating alleged. It's not a QAnon thing. It is the kind of thing that QAnon will dishonestly characterize as the kind of thing they're talking about, just like you have.

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
btw, pseudo-skeptics, it might be the time to actually look into pizzagate, the scandal that gave us the fake news media term "fake news".
We did that earlier in the thread already. The primary takeaways:

1. No, a guy mentioning bringing hot dogs to a party isn't talking in secret pedo code; it's a very typical party food.
2. No, a guy who owns a pizza shop talking about pizza once or twice isn't talking in secret pedo code either; believe it or not there are at least a few completely legitimate reasons why a pizza shop owner might mention pizza of all things in an email.
3. Pictures of pizza on the internet, on billboards, on store signs, on toys, on advertisements, and on pizza shop menus are also not secret pedo code. Pizza is an enormously popular dish throughout the Western world.
3. Comet Ping-Pong doesn't have a basement.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 01:31 AM   #1359
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You can take a look at the list of premature deaths in the Dutroux affair, the most openly bizarre case of child abuse scandals leading to "high places" for a start. This is nothing to joke about.
A list of 'premature deaths'. That old chestnut again.
Well, firstly, the article you linked to doesn't call them 'premature', it calls them 'unexplained'.
It then very helpfully goes on to explain most of them.
These include a death from cystic fibrosis, one from thrombosis, and even one who was killed by Dutroux himself.
Now that is not to say that there were those in high places in Belgium who were interested in concealing potentially incriminating details about their own involvement- either as a participant, or by negligence- but this kind of lazy, self-contradictory insinuation is not evidence for that.
If you have some actual evidence, then do please post it up. Contrary to what some here seem to believe, I am appalled by child abuse, and have no interest whatsoever in protecting those guilty of this.
I should also point out, as others have already done, that none of this is about satanism or cannibalism, and as such has no real relevance to the QAnus claims.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 04:51 AM   #1360
Jim_MDP
Philosopher
 
Jim_MDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: N.Cal/S.Or
Posts: 8,015
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
One of the odd aspects of vastly powerful hidden conspiracy groups is that they are held to have immense power but cannot do the simplest things like silence someone who is 'spilling the beans' about them on line or simple take over. They are always 'about to seize control' but never do. How many generations of Illuminati have come and gone?



Real bad guys like the Fascists, Nazis, Falange, Communists can quickly take over a country but the imaginary guys seem grossly incompetent.
Maybe Q-Anon is this reality's "Wormhole X-treme".
O mah gawd... the call is coming from inside the house!


__________________
----------------------
Anything goes in the Goblin hut... anything.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.