IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 23rd September 2020, 05:53 PM   #1
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,066
"Pedovores" - evidence?

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Uh oh, now we have a Qbot who actually believes the stuff about eating children that Bubba says was just a strawman invented by fake skeptics. This could get awkward.

The pedovores are real. The idea that Trump is doing something about it, is not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing awkward about that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
- Herbert Spencer
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 11:17 AM   #2
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 26,394
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The pedovores are real. The idea that Trump is doing something about it, is not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing awkward about that.
Now that is very interesting; an arbitrary salad-bar approach to QAnon. They're right about this, but wrong about that.

There is literally no more evidence for "pedovores" than there is that Trump is working to save us all from them.

You have yourself chosen to invoke Saville. Post-mortem, several of his abuse victims have come forward and described what he did to them. Not a single one of them said anything about occult rituals or cannibalism.

And the same is true across the gamut of high-positioned media personalities. Rolf Harris was accused of molesting young children and assaulting underage women. Jonathan King assaulted numerous boys in the 70's and 80's; Gary Glitter had this whole period where he kept getting deported from various Southeast Asian countries for molesting children.

Jeffrey Epstein, as I've already mentioned, is not really even in QAnon's wheelhouse because although many of his prostitutes were underage, they weren't actual young children of the kind that QAnon has concerned itself with; but that's fine: even of all Epstein's victims, not a single one has ever mentioned occult rituals or cannibalism.

Jerry Sandusky, Dennis Hastert, Mark Foley. These are all again highly-positioned or extremely powerful people. These are all people whose sexual offenses are established as a matter of historical fact, and whose victims' accounts are on record in some way or another. Number of allegations of occult rituals: zero. Number of allegations of bloodletting or cannibalism: zero.

Politicians can be pretty damn unlikeable, granted; but there's absolutely no reason to believe they're literally eating babies while saying prayers to Satan. It's completely ridiculous.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 01:50 PM   #3
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,502
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I think QAnons have a well-thumbed playbook for dealing with failure, since that's all they've ever done. They'll just lie, deny, and blame others -- just like their hero.
Maybe, but the true believers will have a hard time trusting the plan when Trump is out of office and the supposed pedovores are still not only free but thriving. I can't help thinking that there will be stupid people doing stupid things and innocent people getting hurt in the process.
Babbylonian is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 02:09 PM   #4
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,311
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
Maybe, but the true believers will have a hard time trusting the plan when Trump is out of office and the supposed pedovores are still not only free but thriving. I can't help thinking that there will be stupid people doing stupid things and innocent people getting hurt in the process.
That's law of unintended consequences territory.

I don't think the trolls who started the whole Q fiasco had malice aforethought. They were merely trolling.

The problem is that some who fell for the schtick already have and it is likely to get worse.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 08:56 PM   #5
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The pedovores are real. The idea that Trump is doing something about it, is not.
Pedovore is not a real word. However the Urban dictionary states....

Urban dictionary / "Pedovore"
Something that only eats children. Similar to Omnivore and Carnivore. Often describes the monsters in children's horror stories and fears.
"The Pedovores still live in these very woods, searching for lost children to steal away for dinner."

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=Pedovore

I can imagine even Trump isn't interested in saving Hansel and Gretel , from the wicked witch.

You are most welcome to post your evidence that "pedovores" are real.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 03:56 PM   #6
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,066
Watch the documentary “Sun, Sea and Satan” about Haut de la Garenne, on the Isle of Jersey, where numerous bones of children, bloodstains, and instruments of torture were uncovered. Yes, Jimmy Saville is connected. No, you are not worth a link.

It makes perfect logical sense that serial pedophiles would use murder to destroy witnesses, and cannibalism is just one extra step once a psychopath has committed down that dark path. There are plenty of historical accounts of the cannibalistic rape and murder of children going as far back as the Incan empire. The human nature of elites has not changed, you’re just living in a bubble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
- Herbert Spencer
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 05:50 PM   #7
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker
 
The Common Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The Scunthorpe Problem
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Watch the documentary “Sun, Sea and Satan” about Haut de la Garenne, on the Isle of Jersey, where numerous bones of children, bloodstains, and instruments of torture were uncovered. Yes, Jimmy Saville is connected. No, you are not worth a link.

It makes perfect logical sense that serial pedophiles would use murder to destroy witnesses, and cannibalism is just one extra step once a psychopath has committed down that dark path. There are plenty of historical accounts of the cannibalistic rape and murder of children going as far back as the Incan empire. The human nature of elites has not changed, you’re just living in a bubble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They very first bit: a person heard something about stuff. None of us here are saying this sort of doesn't happen; what we are saying is that 'what is the evidence that it happens in this particular instance'? Otherwise, you, Tippit, might as well be equally guilty. I am never really sure why those such as you never quite grasp this.
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 06:12 PM   #8
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 26,394
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Watch the documentary “Sun, Sea and Satan” about Haut de la Garenne, on the Isle of Jersey, where numerous bones of children, bloodstains, and instruments of torture were uncovered. Yes, Jimmy Saville is connected. No, you are not worth a link.
Oh god, this again?

The Haut Carenne was a children's home, so it stands to reason children were most likely abused there. It's documented Saville visited the place at least once so it's at least hypothetically possible that he molested one or more children while he visited.

But the allegations about "blood", remains, and "instruments of torture" was thoroughly debunked at the time. Aside from human baby-teeth - which you'd expect to find on the site of a children's home - the only other human bones recovered at Haut Carenne were found to be over 300 years old.

This is actually a case that illustrates how damaging this confabulating and fantasizing can actually be. All of the hype and focus on the sensational claims by the local police about shackles and parts of skulls and blood being found, when those claims were soundly shown to be false, by association tainted that department's entire investigation, which began with credible claims by actual victims - none of whom, again (and my god this is such a weird trend), ever said anything about occult rituals or children being killed or eaten, or anything else wildly sensational.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002

Last edited by Checkmite; 25th September 2020 at 06:13 PM.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 06:13 PM   #9
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,901
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Watch the documentary “Sun, Sea and Satan” about Haut de la Garenne, on the Isle of Jersey, where numerous bones of children, bloodstains, and instruments of torture were uncovered. Yes, Jimmy Saville is connected. No, you are not worth a link.
This has nothing to do with Qanon...but if you actually take this particular subject seriously you'd provide a link out of respect for the victims.

This is a 2008 Daily Mail article about the subject:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ournalist.html

The documentary is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq6lJsBz9UY

The difference is that Qanon idiots treat this subject like a parlor game. I don't know if you stand with them, I hope not. Qanon is part of the problem that allows actual child sexual abuse to continue through vociferous ignorance.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 06:28 PM   #10
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,901
Must ad that the documentary is 100% amateur-hour.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 08:21 PM   #11
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,066
Originally Posted by The Common Potato View Post
They very first bit: a person heard something about stuff. None of us here are saying this sort of doesn't happen; what we are saying is that 'what is the evidence that it happens in this particular instance'? Otherwise, you, Tippit, might as well be equally guilty. I am never really sure why those such as you never quite grasp this.

You don’t speak for everyone, and apparently you haven’t read or didn’t comprehend the thread, or even a few posts above.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
- Herbert Spencer
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 08:46 PM   #12
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Originally Posted by Tippit
The pedovores are real.
Urban dictionary / "Pedovore"
Something that only eats children. Similar to Omnivore and Carnivore. Often describes the monsters in children's horror stories and fears.
"The Pedovores still live in these very woods, searching for lost children to steal away for dinner."

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=Pedovore

Originally Posted by Tippit
Watch the documentary “Sun, Sea and Satan” about Haut de la Garenne, on the Isle of Jersey
No children being eaten by "Pedovores". Did you confuse this story with Hansel & Gretel from the Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 08:58 PM   #13
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Watch the documentary “Sun, Sea and Satan” about Haut de la Garenne, on the Isle of Jersey, where numerous bones of children, bloodstains, and instruments of torture were uncovered. Yes, Jimmy Saville is connected. No, you are not worth a link.
I can see why you ran away from offering a link.


The Guardian / Haut de la Garenne
"To some degree, it was a false alarm. Towards the end of the year police said they did not believe any murders had taken place at Haut de la Garenne. Of the 170 bone fragments found, analysis showed only three could be human and they probably dated back centuries.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...abuse-to-light
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 09:00 PM   #14
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,687
In no case of know cannibalism was the goal to eliminate evidence: there is just way too much identifiable tissue and bone that cannot be consumed no matter what.
That idea is pure nonsense.

But taking the bigger picture: even if true, and you could find some cases - how statistically significant are they to the daily suffering of children from the sexual abuse from those closest to them?
Aren't you absolving their tormentors by suggesting only a shadow cabal of elites commit sexual abuse of minors?
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 09:08 PM   #15
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
In no case of known cannibalism was the goal to eliminate evidence:
Exactly. Every law student studies R v Dudley and Stephens (1884), where the defendants openly admitted and claimed they killed and ate a crew member out of necessity, when shipwrecked. The ruling was that necessity is not a defence to a charge of murder.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 10:15 PM   #16
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Must ad that the documentary is 100% amateur-hour.
Absolutely. It was made by a bloke called Bill Maloney who was simultaneously making and self starring in a fictional film about himself as a child victim in a government institution.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1056430/?ref_=nm_knf_t1
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 10:32 PM   #17
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,066
Qanon Conspiracy Theories Part Two

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
In no case of know cannibalism was the goal to eliminate evidence: there is just way too much identifiable tissue and bone that cannot be consumed no matter what.
That idea is pure nonsense.

But taking the bigger picture: even if true, and you could find some cases - how statistically significant are they to the daily suffering of children from the sexual abuse from those closest to them?
Aren't you absolving their tormentors by suggesting only a shadow cabal of elites commit sexual abuse of minors?

What is it about pseudo-skeptics that they have such poor reading comprehension? Nowhere did I suggest that cannibalism was used to destroy evidence, I said that the children are murdered so that they can never testify against their abusers. Cannibalism is part of the satanic ritual abuse for the ninth-circle type elite cult members. Good work debunking something I didn’t claim.

I haven’t made any claims of how frequently this happens, only that there is a trainload of creepy circumstantial evidence, and recurring patterns that indicate that this is happening.

How does commenting on ritual murder and abuse by elites in any way “absolve the tormentors” engaged in the far more common abuses that occur? Your logic is as garbage as your reading comprehension. You’re just looking for ways to insult me and make me appear as oblivious, uncaring, and willfully ignorant of this house of horrors as you are.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
- Herbert Spencer

Last edited by Tippit; 25th September 2020 at 10:33 PM.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 11:30 PM   #18
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,687
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
...
How does commenting on ritual murder and abuse by elites in any way “absolve the tormentors” engaged in the far more common abuses that occur? Your logic is as garbage as your reading comprehension. You’re just looking for ways to insult me and make me appear as oblivious, uncaring, and willfully ignorant of this house of horrors as you are.
you don'
t care for the actual problem, which is evidenced by the fact that you would rather discuss an imaginary one.
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 01:54 AM   #19
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker
 
The Common Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The Scunthorpe Problem
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
You don’t speak for everyone, and apparently you haven’t read or didn’t comprehend the thread, or even a few posts above.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1) Obviously. 2) Wrong.
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 05:33 AM   #20
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 3,572
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
What is it about pseudo-skeptics that they have such poor reading comprehension? Nowhere did I suggest that cannibalism was used to destroy evidence, I said that the children are murdered so that they can never testify against their abusers. Cannibalism is part of the satanic ritual abuse for the ninth-circle type elite cult members. Good work debunking something I didn’t claim.
One problem when one deals with pseudo-reasoning is that it's hard to know for sure what the wild claims and unsupported premises are supposed to support, since none of it makes any sense in the real world. You can hardly blame those trying to unpack your nonsense for the effort they make.

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
I haven’t made any claims of how frequently this happens, only that there is a trainload of creepy circumstantial evidence, and recurring patterns that indicate that this is happening.
Patterns. Paranoia. Conspiracism. What are we supposed to do with your feelings and intuitions when none of it leads anywhere outside of your own psyche?

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
How does commenting on ritual murder and abuse by elites in any way “absolve the tormentors” engaged in the far more common abuses that occur? Your logic is as garbage as your reading comprehension. You’re just looking for ways to insult me and make me appear as oblivious, uncaring, and willfully ignorant of this house of horrors as you are.
There are real cases of abuse where children are in danger, and your comic-book-villain fantasies distract from them. People wasting their time and energy outraging over "elites" can cause the real threats of family and friends to go unnoticed.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 05:48 AM   #21
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,687
Tippit, what's your view on the Catholic Church?
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 05:55 AM   #22
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,597
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
What is it about pseudo-skeptics that they have such poor reading comprehension? Nowhere did I suggest that cannibalism was used to destroy evidence, I said that the children are murdered so that they can never testify against their abusers. Cannibalism is part of the satanic ritual abuse for the ninth-circle type elite cult members. Good work debunking something I didn’t claim.

I haven’t made any claims of how frequently this happens, only that there is a trainload of creepy circumstantial evidence, and recurring patterns that indicate that this is happening.

How does commenting on ritual murder and abuse by elites in any way “absolve the tormentors” engaged in the far more common abuses that occur? Your logic is as garbage as your reading comprehension. You’re just looking for ways to insult me and make me appear as oblivious, uncaring, and willfully ignorant of this house of horrors as you are.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you gone to the police about this?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 08:24 AM   #23
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,066
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Tippit, what's your view on the Catholic Church?

The Vatican is probably the world’s foremost authority on ritual child abuse, rape, and murder. Unlike your typical priest in a local church, however, it’s so institutionalized that the victims never make it out alive to tell. They just wind up in some dark ossuary.

The age of consent is I think twelve in a city where there are presumably no children, and no one is ever born. That (plus the mountains of other evidence) speaks volumes. I wouldn’t be surprised to discover that the Vatican is the global epicenter of the ninth circle cult.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
- Herbert Spencer
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 11:22 AM   #24
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,687
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The Vatican is probably the world’s foremost authority on ritual child abuse, rape, and murder. Unlike your typical priest in a local church, however, it’s so institutionalized that the victims never make it out alive to tell. They just wind up in some dark ossuary.

The age of consent is I think twelve in a city where there are presumably no children, and no one is ever born. That (plus the mountains of other evidence) speaks volumes. I wouldn’t be surprised to discover that the Vatican is the global epicenter of the ninth circle cult.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you should help the authorities investigate them instead of wasting your time here.
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 12:41 PM   #25
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,597
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
The Vatican is probably the world’s foremost authority on ritual child abuse, rape, and murder. Unlike your typical priest in a local church, however, it’s so institutionalized that the victims never make it out alive to tell. They just wind up in some dark ossuary.

The age of consent is I think twelve in a city where there are presumably no children, and no one is ever born. That (plus the mountains of other evidence) speaks volumes. I wouldn’t be surprised to discover that the Vatican is the global epicenter of the ninth circle cult.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And you've seen these rituals? You know they happen how? It would be hardly surprising to learn that members of the Catholic clergy in Vatican city engaged in the sexual abuse of children. Sexual abuse of children by priests is well documented and a topic the RCC has been struggling with for decades. But how do you know about the rituals? How do you know this isn't a case of the Vatican not being able to control its priests and then covering up for offenders?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 12:43 PM   #26
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,597
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Sounds like you should help the authorities investigate them instead of wasting your time here.
If I was to become aware of someone criminally abusing a child, I would certainly go to the police.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 02:16 PM   #27
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,066
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
And you've seen these rituals? You know they happen how?
You ask as if an answer in the affirmative would mean anything to you. You summarily dismiss any and all evidence that doesn't confirm your bias, firsthand, or otherwise.

Quote:

It would be hardly surprising to learn that members of the Catholic clergy in Vatican city engaged in the sexual abuse of children. Sexual abuse of children by priests is well documented and a topic the RCC has been struggling with for decades. But how do you know about the rituals? How do you know this isn't a case of the Vatican not being able to control its priests and then covering up for offenders?
No one is claiming it would be surprising. But we're not just talking about mere abuse, we're talking about ritual abuse, murder, and even cannibalism at the highest levels. Take the case of Emanuela Orlandi . Nothing to see here, just thousands of bones. I'm sure you will dismiss this as a run of the mill cemetery, with nothing recent, and of course no forensic investigation will be done to confirm, and there will be no follow-ups.

Then there were the claims of Gabriele Amorth:

Quote:
Vatican sex scandal theory
In May 2012, when interest in the case was renewed, leading police to search the De Pedis tomb, 85-year-old exorcist Gabriele Amorth (1925-2016) claimed that Orlandi was kidnapped by a member of the Vatican police for sex parties and then murdered. Amorth claimed that officials of an unnamed foreign embassy were involved as well.
Of course, Amorth probably misdirected attention from more common cases of abuse because unlike you pseudo-skeptics, she, like all of us evil conspiracy theorists, doesn't care about the children!
__________________
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
- Herbert Spencer
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 02:48 PM   #28
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,597
So slander is just a fun game for you.

And why are you all hot and bothered about bones discovered in ossuaries? You do understand the purpose of an ossuary right? It's not all that uncommon to stumble upon old ossuaries in Europe.

Last edited by Craig4; 26th September 2020 at 02:52 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 03:55 PM   #29
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 26,394
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
No one is claiming it would be surprising. But we're not just talking about mere abuse, we're talking about ritual abuse, murder, and even cannibalism at the highest levels. Take the case of Emanuela Orlandi .
You keep doing this. "We're not just talking about mere abuse, we're talking about ritual killing and cannibalism! Supporting evidence: this case in which absolutely no allegations of ritual abuse or cannibalism were ever made!"


Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Take the case of Emanuela Orlandi . Nothing to see here, just thousands of bones. I'm sure you will dismiss this as a run of the mill cemetery, with nothing recent, and of course no forensic investigation will be done to confirm, and there will be no follow-ups.
A forensic investigation WAS done on the bones.

Quote:
Giovanni Arcudi, the forensic anthropologist who led the scientific investigation of the remains found at the Vatican's Teutonic Cemetery, "did not find any bone structure dating back to the period after the end of the 1800s," the Vatican said.

The forensic team concluded its study of the bones July 28.

However, an expert representing the Orlandi family requested about 70 bone remains be tested in a laboratory, despite objections by Arcudi and his team who believe the bones display signs of being "very old."
The forensic investigation concluded all of the bones were over 100 years old. And the request by the family representative to take some specific bones and have them re-analyzed by a private lab of the family's choosing, was granted.

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Then there were the claims of Gabriele Amorth:
Who - of course - never said anything about ritual killings or cannibalism. These cases and claims you keep linking are simply not backing you up, Tippit. You're taking completely mundane cases and theories of kidnappings or abuse and rewriting them to add a bunch of Halloween campfire-story horsecrap that they didn't start out with.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 03:59 PM   #30
Arcade22
Philosopher
 
Arcade22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,781
You know, if people have lived in a city for over 2 millennia you pretty much have to be economical about how much space you give to skeletal remains of people. There's nothing sinister about dumping them in catacombs or ossuaries, especially since most people are long since forgotten after a couple of hundred years or so.
__________________
We would be a lot safer if the Government would take its money out of science and put it into astrology and the reading of palms. Only in superstition is there hope. - Kurt Vonnegut Jr

And no, Cuba is not a brutal and corrupt dictatorship, and it's definitely less so than Sweden. - dann
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 06:04 PM   #31
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,093
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Then there were the claims of Gabriele Amorth:

Of course, Amorth probably misdirected attention from more common cases of abuse because unlike you pseudo-skeptics, she, like all of us evil conspiracy theorists, doesn't care about the children!
Gabriele Amorth was a man, a catholic priest. He was appointed by the Vatican as the Pope’s exorcist. He made many claims, including that Harry Potter was satanic, that Yoga was satanic, that Hitler knew the Devil, and that he performed 90,000 exorcisms in 38 months (that's 77 a day). He seem to have seen Satan behind everything, and that’s understandable given that’s how his job is ‘justifiable’.

It doesn’t feel like he was a particularly credible claimant, especially when he was so vague about the claim, didn’t present any evidence - and, yes, isn’t recorded as doing a thing about child abuse for the first 59 years he was a priest.

Then when you see there was a forensic investigation done with the involvement of Emanuela Orlandi’ family and it didn’t find any bones from after the 18th century, it makes me feel even less like Father Gabriele’s claims can be used in evidence for a satanic people eating conspiracy.

It’s also a bit rude to call other people posting here pseudo-sceptics when you obviously haven’t even bothered to do a tiny bit of research into this case, accepting Father Gabriele’s claim at face value without even realising ‘she’ was a man.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with qanon, so I am going to report my own post as a major derail and suggest all this be split into a new pedovore discussion thread.

Last edited by gypsyjackson; 26th September 2020 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Added ‘family’.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 06:53 PM   #32
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 3,572
Originally Posted by gypsyjackson View Post
Anyway, none of this has anything to do with qanon, so I am going to report my own post as a major derail and suggest all this be split into a new pedovore discussion thread.
I think the QAnon topic is broad enough to cover this. They're making a big deal about imaginary elite child-raping, child-trafficking, child-eating cabals, which is a rehash of the Satanic Panic BS.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 08:07 PM   #33
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,687
It's is well know that the Catacombs in Paris contain only the bones of ritually killed children.
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 09:31 PM   #34
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,066
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I think the QAnon topic is broad enough to cover this. They're making a big deal about imaginary elite child-raping, child-trafficking, child-eating cabals, which is a rehash of the Satanic Panic BS.

There is no evidence capable of convincing any of you, so what’s the difference?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
- Herbert Spencer
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 09:40 PM   #35
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Sounds like you (Tippit) should help the authorities investigate them instead of wasting your time here.
Yep. Bubba also said he went to the police to supply his evidence and the police said they were hindered by higher ups. I guess that's why those children Bubba claims were sent to Mars to become sex slaves weren't rescued.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 09:42 PM   #36
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
There is no evidence capable of convincing any of you, so what’s the difference?
I fixed your sentence for you.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 09:51 PM   #37
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14,687
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
There is no evidence capable of convincing any of you, so what’s the difference?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what, exactly, would be the point of convincing us?

BTW, I'm totally convinced that Trump had sex with underage girls supplied by Epstein, if that helps.
__________________
So what are you going to do about it, huh?
What would an intellectual do?
What would Plato do?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2020, 09:55 PM   #38
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Cannibalism is part of the satanic ritual abuse for the ninth-circle type elite cult members.
I can't stop laughing..... it was a complete fabricated story by the same bloke who fooled Bubba..

"Teens were drugged, stripped naked, raped, hunted down in the woods and killed by European royals according to this week’s latest eyewitness to testify before the International Common Law Court of Justice in Brussels. The woman was the fourth eyewitness to give accounts about these human hunting parties of the global elite Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult network"

As Snopes Explains
The answer is that this story was completely fabricated; and the International Common Law Court of Justice (ICLCJ), also known as the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS), is a non-existent entity.nothing more than a “one-man blog that pretends to be a tribunal established to enforce common law”:



Snopes / "FALSE"
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hunting-license/


I think Tippit should stop posting until he determines if he has any evidence at all that isn't from insane one person blogs.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2020, 12:17 AM   #39
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Found it.

Bubba provided "evidence" of Satanic child rape from
The International Tribunal for Natural Justice which turned out to be one bloke pretending to be a prosecutor, who claimed children were being sent to Mars as sex slaves. It was a completely bogus blog that fooled Bubba.

Bubba's Claim
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=3081

The reality
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=3084

Meanwhile Tippit make a similar specific claim
""Teens were drugged, stripped naked, raped, hunted down in the woods and killed by European royals according to this week’s latest eyewitness to testify before the International Common Law Court of Justice in Brussels. The woman was the fourth eyewitness to give accounts about these human hunting parties of the global elite Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult network"

Which is also from one bloke's blog pretending to be a court, this time called the International Common Law Court of Justice (ICLCJ) (Snopes) "and the International Common Law Court of Justice (ICLCJ), also known as the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS), is a non-existent entity.nothing more than a “one-man blog that pretends to be a tribunal established to enforce common law”:

Both stories are 100% bogus inventions on blogs and both Bubba and Tippit refuse to provide any alternative evidence for their bogus and debunked claims
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2020, 02:15 AM   #40
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,597
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
There is no evidence capable of convincing any of you, so what’s the difference?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure there is. DNA evidence would be nice, witness statements, recordings of said events would also work. Got any of that?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.