ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies

Old 20th November 2020, 03:36 PM   #601
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Please show proof she is a lunatic.
Sidney Powell : :I'm going to release the Kraken"

(The Kraken is a non-existent fictional invention ......like her non-existent fictional evidence......and she made the comparison)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 05:57 PM   #602
Pacal
Graduate Poster

Do you trust the party that screwed Bernie? They, and the unemployed warmongering neocons who lied us into Iraq will be in power.
In both the First ands Second Iraq war it was the Republican's who controlled the presidency.

The Neo-Cons were largely a Republican phenomena.

I am continually amused by you thinking that a party controlled by a member of the one percent of the one percent is somehow a fighter against elites. (His tax cuts certainly show whose side he is on.)
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 06:14 PM   #603
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Have you checked out this comment section over at OANN?

https://www.oann.com/lin-wood-presid...ectoral-votes/

The Trumpers are getting pummeled. I almost feel sorry for them.
They are into "Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail" territory now.

"Tis but a scratch".....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 06:15 PM   #604
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post

(The Kraken is a non-existent fictional invention ......like her non-existent fictional evidence......and she made the comparison)
Well Powell always has raising the Sunken City of Rl'yeh and freeing Cthuluhu as a back up...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 07:51 PM   #605
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
In both the First ands Second Iraq war it was the Republican's who controlled the presidency.

The Neo-Cons were largely a Republican phenomena.

Correct. Apparently Colin Powell is the first of them considered by Biden. If Biden get in, they will show up. Why would the war profiteers care which side their clowns are hired by, a long as it back to business as usual ??

Quote:
I am continually amused by you thinking that a party controlled by a member of the one percent of the one percent is somehow a fighter against elites. (His tax cuts certainly show whose side he is on.)

There are elites, and there are elites. You didnt realize you voted for the warmongers behind the scenes??

Why do you think their entire system tried to destroy Trump for five years??
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 08:11 PM   #606
8enotto
Graduate Poster

. ( Other stuff )

Not the entire system. Some are devoted to the glory that is trump.

To destroy him requires special folks, truly powerful types. Like his crack legal team lead by his buddy and personal lawyer Rudy.
Nobody has done him damage like them, and he will return the favor by throwing them under the bus when they aren't doing his divine will.
8enotto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 08:54 PM   #607
Pacal
Graduate Poster

Correct. Apparently Colin Powell is the first of them considered by Biden. If Biden get in, they will show up. Why would the war profiteers care which side their clowns are hired by, a long as it back to business as usual ??

There are elites, and there are elites. You didnt realize you voted for the warmongers behind the scenes??

Absolutely hilarious. You do realize that Trump was not in favour of cutting the massive Military Industrial Complex Welfare system of massive subsidies. The military and war profiteers continued to be on the gravy train of federal monies in massive amounts. It was business has usual under Trump.

Trump of course used the office to help pass legislation that benefited other members of the 1 percent he is a part of. Certainly tax cuts and Environmental deregulation benefit profit margins of big corporations.

Meanwhile Trump continued the policy of full support for Saudi-Arabia's war in Yemen. Trump like the Bush family is very good friends with Saudi Princes and the Saudi royal family. Trump has also continued the "War on Terror" and other crap.

Trump is a grifter. Such things has his refusal to put his money in a blind trust, thus raising the distinct possibility that he made political decisions based on its effects on his wealth. His use right now of fund raising for his legal challenges to pay off his election debt to say nothing of his history of dubious business practice are all pare for the course for a grifter.

The idea of Trump, liar, distorter, unhinged conspiracy theory loony tune, has been unfairly targeted by elites / media is hilarious. He is his own worst enemy. You mentioned a couple of times Noam Chomsky in the past. You are aware Noam Chomsky has little but utter contempt for Trump who he views has a fool.

By the way I am a Canadian and so could not vote in the last election in the USA. Us Canadians have a huge chip on our shoulder about the USA and the past 4 years have been very entertaining. Trump has given us here so much entertainment and helped to massively increase Canadian smugness in relation to the USA. Laughing at Trump and the US voters for electing him have been very enjoyable. So there is a measure of sadness here that the circus down south is ending and will not last another four years.

Feeling smug and superior is however not a worthy emotion and I for one am glad that, that particular excuse for that is no longer operational.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 10:01 PM   #608
Bubba
Illuminator

Quote:
Pacal said

It was business has usual under Trump.

Are you sure ??

Syria got a break.

Hillary's next wars on behalf of the her Wall St/neocon pals never happened.

Trump got nominated for three Nobel peace prizes.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 10:06 PM   #609
EHocking
Philosopher

Are you sure ??

Syria got a break.

He’s in good company, Joseph Stalin was nominated twice: in 1945 and again in 1948, Benito Mussolini was nominated in 1935 and Adolf Hitler was nominated in 1939.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 10:12 PM   #610
Bubba
Illuminator

Quote:
by Bubba View Post
Are you sure ??

Syria got a break.

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
He’s in good company, Joseph Stalin was nominated twice: in 1945 and again in 1948, Benito Mussolini was nominated in 1935 and Adolf Hitler was nominated in 1939.

Really??
How many wars did Trump start, or join ??
Old 20th November 2020, 10:14 PM   #611
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Meanwhile, Biden's lead in the popular vote just went past 6 million; he's less than 200,000 short of 80 million votes.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 10:19 PM   #612
EHocking
Philosopher

Really??
Ah, he’s just a loser like the rest of them. Any lickspittle minion can nominate, the committee just didn’t bother accepting any of these nominations from such losers.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 10:20 PM   #613
Bubba
Illuminator

Quote:
The anger at Fox News was not only focused on Perino, however, as reporter Kristin Fisher was also slammed for saying much of what Giuliani presented at the press conference Thursday was “simply not true.” Host Tucker Carlson felt the ire of viewers as well after he called on Powell to prove the allegations she had made, and during a segment on “The Five,” Geraldo Rivera slapped down his co-host Jesse Watters who delivered a straightforward assessment of the presser.

Rove was also under fire for his heated reaction to the Trump legal team during his appearance on Perino’s show.

“These are serious and I think, somewhat, strange accusations,” he told the Fox News host, adding that Giuliani and Powell have “an obligation to go to court and prove them.”

Karl Rove stops just short of calling the conspiracy theories espoused by Giuliani and Powell crazy pic.twitter.com/8uqFhQ3AAC

— Marc Caputo (@MarcACaputo) November 19, 2020

“They have an obligation to go to court and prove these or the American people will have every reason to question their credibility,” Rove added, echoing the strange criticisms from others who seem to think the press conference was a dumping ground of information and no legal follow-through is planned.

“So, I’m not going to say that they don’t have proof. But they better come up with proof and go to court because these are serious allegations that basically say our election was manipulated by a combination of foreign and domestic actors and stolen,” Rove said. “That cannot be left just simply out there is it needs to be either proved or withdrawn.”

Karl Rove attempts to put the toothpaste back in the tube that he squeezed and squeezed and squeezed.

— Chris Friedrich (@cjmonchfred) November 20, 2020

@KarlRove just showed his hand. Deep State!

— Brian Schexnaydre (@BShakes1) November 19, 2020

Karl Rove and Dana Perino are defending Dominion on Fox right now.

They are all scared now folks.

— CBLCRSHR (@cblcrshr) November 19, 2020

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/11...ampaign=bizpac
Old 20th November 2020, 10:21 PM   #614
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Meanwhile, Biden's lead in the popular vote just went past 6 million; he's less than 200,000 short of 80 million votes.

Are any of those votes fraudulent as in what S Powell asserts??
Old 20th November 2020, 10:24 PM   #615
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Really??
He didn't have to start or join a war... (he's at war with his own country), but it wasn't for lack of trying.

PS: he tried to bomb a nuclear plant in Iran when he lost the election, and was talked out of it by the Joint Chiefs et al. I remind you that this is the same Iran that was signed to the JCPOA (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action). You would know it as the US/Iran nuclear deal; the deal that Trump stupidly pulled out of, allowing Iran to attempt to potentially develop Nuclear Weapons.

Trump is stupid and incompetent, and may very well have handed a potential enemy the chance to make nukes.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 20th November 2020 at 10:25 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 10:42 PM   #616
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Really??
He started a war with Iran when he assassinated Qasem Soleimani .
Iran just refused to play along, as he had hoped.
Old 20th November 2020, 10:44 PM   #617
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

There are elites, and there are elites. You didnt realize you voted for the warmongers behind the scenes?
You are hilarious!!!!

Trump arm sales
* $8 and $37 billion in current and future arms sales to Saudi Arabia after they murdered Khashoggi and 100,000 deaths in Yemen.
* $2.2 billion arms sales to Taiwan.
* $23 Billion to the UAE.

"Trump administration considers ending Congress' review of arms sales"
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN23W3BO
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2020, 10:47 PM   #618
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Really??How many wars did Trump start, or join ??
He pulled out of the international agreement with Iran so Iran would recommence weapons grade uranium production and then sold weapons to Iran's enemies.

Trump is a warmonger.

Were you asleep during all of that?
Old 20th November 2020, 10:53 PM   #619
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

.....and how many did he win?
Old 20th November 2020, 10:58 PM   #620
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Psssstttt...... The neocons were Republicans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wolfowitz 2.jpg (44.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 21st November 2020, 03:48 AM   #621
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Psssstttt...... The neocons were Republicans.
This.
All is talking points are basically what he has deduced from the headlines of posts in his "current" favourite conspiritard site.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:50 AM   #622
Susheel
Graduate Poster

.....and how many did he win?
As far as I know, there were no official nominations. I doubt he even made it to a short list. A few yahoos tweeting about how Trump should get the Nobel Prize does not necessarily count as a nomination.
Old 21st November 2020, 04:49 AM   #623
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

No, he didn't, and a nomination can be made by any one of hundreds of thousands of people. The latest one was by a far-right Norwegian MP. The Nobel Prize Committee says quite categorically that a nomination does not mean an endorsement or acceptance of that nomination in any official sense.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/tr...obel-nonsense/
Old 21st November 2020, 05:05 AM   #624
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

...Trump got nominated for three Nobel peace prizes.
  • Not only that, but NK as a recognized and accepted nuclear power happened on Trump's watch, empty bombast to the contrary.
  • BBC: "Iran now has more than 10 times the amount of enriched uranium permitted under an international agreement, the UN's nuclear watchdog says."
  • How do the people who defeated ISIS on the ground feel about the soldiers they lost with Trump cut, ran, and betrayed these same Kurds on the battlefield?
  • BBC: How are other allies feeling about the erratic decision to draw down troops in Afghanistan without consultation or fair logistical warning?
  • Hasn't that decision immediately led to higher conflict and civilian casualties, now that the US presence is zero detterent and provides zero motivation to engage in peace talks?
  • Russian bounties, anything done about that, even if lip service? No?
Somebody is Putin's lap dog, and so are all his utterly clueless, loser followers, witting or no. As planned, the USA has been swept from the board as a serious ally, leader, or even democratic inspiration. Impressive, indeed. Abject and wanton capitulation to bullies is now Brand GOP, as is picking on anyone merely polite, or not brandishing a weapon, as is their wont. Now the world will be getting in US face, as that is how past and future bullies are treated.

Biden voters, however, do all deserve a Nobel in noble.

Last edited by Hlafordlaes; 21st November 2020 at 05:07 AM.
Hlafordlaes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 05:06 AM   #625
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

The Kraken is now calamari.
What Wine and sause should we serve with it?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 05:31 AM   #626
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
What Wine and sause should we serve with it?
Maybe Giuliani potatoes with brown sauce as a side?
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 06:42 AM   #627
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Are you sure ??

Syria got a break.

So did hundreds of other people. He never won the Nobel Peace Prize.
Old 21st November 2020, 06:47 AM   #628
Mojo
Mostly harmless

There is only one Nobel Peace Prize.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 06:49 AM   #629
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Are any of those votes fraudulent as in what S Powell asserts??
Why is it so hard for you to accept the Trump just plain lost? Biden made Trump his bitch. He did the spanky dance on Trump. Trump never had an approval rating over 50 percent. He had no important successes in domestic or foreign policy. His handling of COVID-19 has been an abject failure. Why would expect him to win?
Old 21st November 2020, 10:21 AM   #630
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post

When was it that SCOTUS already decided against Sidney Powell's vote flipping legal action?

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Why is it so hard for you to accept the Trump just plain lost?

When was it that SCOTUS already decided against Sidney Powell's vote flipping legal action?

Why is it so hard for you to accept that there is a lawsuit in the works??

Please dont make this vaunted glorious bastion of calm level headed rational minds look like another lame pathetic fake skeptic circle jerks, where they bloviate and bluster in denial of the fact Sidney Powell's case might prove massive election fraud.

Stop pretending its over.

Last edited by Bubba; 21st November 2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 21st November 2020, 10:49 AM   #631
eerok
Quixoticist

What does SCOTUS have to do with it?

Why is it so hard for you to accept that there is a lawsuit in the works??
Maybe they'll go to court, maybe they won't.

Please dont make this vaunted glorious bastion of calm level headed rational minds look like another lame pathetic fake skeptic circle jerks, where they bloviate and bluster in denial of the fact Sidney Powell's case might prove massive election fraud.
Giuliani and Powell's claims seem ridiculous so far. They have spoken about what they have, and none of it appears reasonable or even sane. Don't shoot the messenger.

Stop pretending its over.
No one is pretending anything.

Just kidding. We're not the one's pretending, though.
Old 21st November 2020, 11:32 AM   #632
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
What does SCOTUS have to do with it?

Smart money does not rule out the possibility it could go to SCOTUS
(you knew it is possible)

Quote:
Maybe they'll go to court, maybe they won't.

I've been saying that if they go to court they may or may not prevail.

Time will tell. Deniers pretend it is already over. It isnt.

Quote:
Giuliani and Powell's claims seem ridiculous so far. They have spoken about what they have, and none of it appears reasonable or even sane. Don't shoot the messenger.

Since when is accusation of stealing an election unusual ??

Quote:
No one is pretending anything.

Plenty of posters here are pretending it is over. It isnt.

Time will tell.
Old 21st November 2020, 11:53 AM   #633
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Smart money does rule out that it will go to SCOTUS - or the stock market wouldn't be where it is.
Old 21st November 2020, 12:03 PM   #634
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Outside of television?

I can't recall any such accusation in anything except a local election until now.
Old 21st November 2020, 12:17 PM   #635
eerok
Quixoticist

Smart money does not rule out the possibility it could go to SCOTUS
(you knew it is possible)
Currently this is pie in the sky. Before you drag SCOTUS into this, let's see if there's even a case filed at all.

Time will tell. Deniers pretend it is already over. It isnt.
Time is running out. If Trump's legal dream team has something, it's hard to imagine what they're waiting for. As things stand, Trump lost. Biden will be inaugurated in January. You're saying a miracle could happen, but it's not unreasonable to expect that one won't.

I'm not sure if there's a typo in there, but no matter. In this case G&P's efforts appear to be a Keystone Cops kind of thing. Examples they've remarked on appear to be oddly weird and wrong. It really doesn't look good for them. This kind of mad, sweeping conspiracy stuff won't play well in a court.

Plenty of posters here are pretending it is over. It isnt.
I think it's reasonable to expect that it's over. Trump is just throwing crap against the wall, and has been doing so for some time.
Old 21st November 2020, 01:58 PM   #636
Pacal
Graduate Poster

looking at the election results it appears that has of now Biden has a lead of 6 million c. 36,000 votes over Trump. However a shift of just over c. 43,735 votes in three states, (Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin), to Trump giving him 37 more electoral votes for a total of 269!!. Or 1/2!! even though Biden would still have almost 6 million more votes and a popular majority of just over 51% with Trump still at just above 47%. And if Trump had also just a few thousand more votes in Nebraska he would have won all the electoral votes in Nebraska and the election with 270 electoral votes in this hypothetical!

Guys there is something wrong here.

Last edited by Pacal; 21st November 2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:19 PM   #637
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

....when someone makes an appeal to the Supreme Court from a lower court. Sidney Powell didn't even get that far.

You didn't even know that?

Old 21st November 2020, 03:26 PM   #638
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
looking at the election results it appears that has of now Biden has a lead of 6 million c. 36,000 votes over Trump. However a shift of just over c. 43,735 votes in three states, (Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin), to Trump giving him 37 more electoral votes for a total of 269!!. Or 1/2!! even though Biden would still have almost 6 million more votes and a popular majority of just over 51% with Trump still at just above 47%. And if Trump had also just a few thousand more votes in Nebraska he would have won all the electoral votes in Nebraska and the election with 270 electoral votes in this hypothetical!

Guys there is something wrong here.
You might find this interesting

https://www.270towin.com/alternative...ation-methods/

It allows you to pick other possible ways of distributing EC votes, and then see what the results are.

Most of them change the results, but very few of change the outcome, ie., who get elected POTUS.

While I think popular vote is the best, most democratic way to elect a leader, Republicans would never agree to it because they would hardly ever get a candidate elected to POTUS that way.

IMO, Nebraska and Maine's (?) way of doing it would be the best achievable way; electoral collage votes allocated proportionally by popular vote in each state.

Old 21st November 2020, 03:31 PM   #639
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
\
IMO, Nebraska and Maine's (?) way of doing it would be the best achievable way; electoral collage votes allocated proportionally by popular vote in each state.
That's not how they do it. In those states, you get one vote for getting the highest number of votes in each congressional district, plus 2 votes for the overall highest in the state.

And in Maine, it isn't exactly a "highest number of votes". It's a majority, as determined by ranked choice, or instant runoff, rules.
Old 21st November 2020, 08:04 PM   #640
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
That's not how they do it. In those states, you get one vote for getting the highest number of votes in each congressional district, plus 2 votes for the overall highest in the state.
It is still somewhat proportional; at least you can't have that ludicrous situation like you can in most other states where a candidate can win the overall vote in that state by one vote, and he/she gets all the electoral votes for that state

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
And in Maine, it isn't exactly a "highest number of votes". It's a majority, as determined by ranked choice, or instant runoff, rules.
Again, that is still a form of proportionality, and better than winner takes all

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories