IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th January 2021, 02:12 AM   #1
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Proud Boys proudly run like wussies from Portland PD

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...19362859187861

I'd LMAO, but it only shows they were never "pro police".
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 02:33 AM   #2
Venom
Illuminator

These people are not Americans.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 02:46 AM   #3
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Saying that won't fix the problem, which is that they are Americans who no longer subscribe to American values.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 02:48 AM   #4
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

they are Americans, but not patriots or pro-Constitution.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 02:54 AM   #5
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The Proud Boys are nothing but a bunch of hooligans who have never matured beyond the middle school playground bully stage. Their kind either end up dead or in jail.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 03:42 AM   #6
GraculusTheGreenBird
Critical Thinker

That was interesting.

Do you think any of them will have subsequently thought:

"Hmm maybe that group of people protesting all summer about police behaviour might have a point after all? Now, what were they called.."

In other words, I didnt expect them leopards to start eating my face.
GraculusTheGreenBird is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 03:47 AM   #7
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

"Back the Blue" from the fascists is very much a transactional position. They like the cops when either the cops beat up their political enemies, or, more likely, look the other way while fascists engage in extralegal violence themselves.

It's routine to see these overt fascists or MAGA CHUDs having a freakout whenever they are the subject of even the lowest level of crowd control policing. It's quite clear that they believe the violence of the state should only apply to their enemies.

Plenty of examples of police tacitly acknowledging this arrangement, and the disparity in police response when it comes to right wing vs left wing demonstrations is undeniable. The few examples of this arrangement failing does not mean that the police are not broadly sympathetic to the fascist ideology.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 8th January 2021 at 03:48 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 04:12 AM   #8
Lothian
should be banned

Proud boys, stand back and stand by........... No back a bit more, yes further back, keep going, back further, faster, no I can still see you, keep going.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 05:59 AM   #9
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

"Proud Boys, Proud Boys, whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"

Well, apparently they're going to whine.
Old 8th January 2021, 06:16 AM   #10
Susheel
Graduate Poster

There should have been a bard with a lute behind them:

"Brave Proud Boys ran away.
Bravely ran away away.
When danger reared it's ugly head,
They bravely turned their tail and fled.
Yes, brave Proud Boys turned about
And gallantly they chickened out.
Swiftly taking to their feet,
They beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave, the Proud Boys!"
Old 8th January 2021, 06:25 AM   #11
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...19362859187861

I'd LMAO, but it only shows they were never "pro police".
Hahahahahaha!!!! Oh America, who needs Netflix when we have you?

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 06:28 AM   #12
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
"Back the Blue" from the fascists is very much a transactional position. They like the cops when either the cops beat up their political enemies, or, more likely, look the other way while fascists engage in extralegal violence themselves.

It's routine to see these overt fascists or MAGA CHUDs having a freakout whenever they are the subject of even the lowest level of crowd control policing. It's quite clear that they believe the violence of the state should only apply to their enemies.

Plenty of examples of police tacitly acknowledging this arrangement, and the disparity in police response when it comes to right wing vs left wing demonstrations is undeniable. The few examples of this arrangement failing does not mean that the police are not broadly sympathetic to the fascist ideology.
TBH, I don't think they know what 'ideology' means. There was a point in Trump's 'rally' when he yelled that the election results were, 'An explosion of ********!' and the crowd responded, '********! ********!'

Not the sharpest cards in the pack.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!

Last edited by Vixen; 8th January 2021 at 06:39 AM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 07:17 AM   #13
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
There should have been a bard with a lute behind them:

"Brave Proud Boys ran away.
Bravely ran away away.
When danger reared it's ugly head,
They bravely turned their tail and fled.
Yes, brave Proud Boys turned about
And gallantly they chickened out.
Swiftly taking to their feet,
They beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave, the Proud Boys!"
You are a terrible, awful, derisive, cruel, malicious person with not a drop of human kindness.

If I ever grow up, I want to be just like you.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 08:17 AM   #14
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
You are a terrible, awful, derisive, cruel, malicious person with not a drop of human kindness.

If I ever grow up, I want to be just like you.
Would be good if someone made a meme...see if we can make it go viral... I sadly have neither the talent nor patience for the process.
Old 8th January 2021, 08:33 AM   #15
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
Would be good if someone made a meme...see if we can make it go viral... I sadly have neither the talent nor patience for the process.
Too long for meme, unfortunately. Memes have (usually) format readable even by drooling imbeciles for reason.
Old 8th January 2021, 08:35 AM   #16
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
TBH, I don't think they know what 'ideology' means. There was a point in Trump's 'rally' when he yelled that the election results were, 'An explosion of ********!' and the crowd responded, '********! ********!'

Not the sharpest cards in the pack.
Fascist ideology isn't nuanced, but it's an ideology.
Old 8th January 2021, 08:46 AM   #17
Susheel
Graduate Poster

We just need to photoshopped the bard from the Holy Grail and have just the first line or two...
Old 8th January 2021, 09:58 AM   #18
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

What a delightful video. I will burp in their dishonor with my dinner beer.
Old 8th January 2021, 10:02 AM   #19
Distracted1
Philosopher

Another shining example of LEO doing their jobs.
The same things they are vilified for when the viewer shares the (mostly peaceful) protestors' ideology.
Old 8th January 2021, 10:11 AM   #20
Mumbles
Philosopher

They're violent white supremacists. What's not American about that?

Of course they lost their minds as soon as the cops stopped dapping them up and telling them how they're on the same side, because "Blue Lives Matter", "Law and Order", and so on never meant anything outside of white supremacism.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 11:33 AM   #21
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Bbbbut, some forum members think the Proud Boys are harmless.

I wonder what they think now?
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 11:39 AM   #22
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

"Those aren't Proud Boys they're antifa imposters" seems to be the excuse of the week.
Old 8th January 2021, 11:41 AM   #23
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The Proud Boys are nothing but a bunch of hooligans who have never matured beyond the middle school playground bully stage. Their kind either end up dead or in jail.
Notice how often those with over the top Macho Swagger always wimp out in the end.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 11:46 AM   #24
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
"Those aren't Proud Boys they're antifa imposters" seems to be the excuse of the week.
Too bad for this thoery that many of those being arrested have long histories of involement with the Maga movement.
And, anyway Antifa is nowhere near capable enough to pull off something like this.
Not a big Antifa fan at all, but blaming them for this is idiotic.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 11:47 AM   #25
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Too bad for this thoery that many of those being arrested have long histories of involement with the Maga movement.
And, anyway Antifa is nowhere near capable enough to pull off something like this.
Deep state. These are all actors!
Old 8th January 2021, 11:49 AM   #26
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

95% of the PB are basically poltroons (someone who brags and swagger about how brave they are but chicken out when put to the test) who talk big but won't do anything; but it's the other 5% we have to worry about.
THye are the Klan without the Halloween costumes.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 8th January 2021, 11:51 AM   #27
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post

Which of course means none of these idiots would do it, right?
Old 8th January 2021, 12:07 PM   #28
rockinkt
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The Proud Boys are nothing but a bunch of hooligans who have never matured beyond the middle school playground bully stage.Their kind either end up dead or in jail.
Or President of The United States.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 12:09 PM   #29
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
They're violent white supremacists. What's not American about that?

Of course they lost their minds as soon as the cops stopped dapping them up and telling them how they're on the same side, because "Blue Lives Matter", "Law and Order", and so on never meant anything outside of white supremacism.
Fair point.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 12:09 PM   #30
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Antifa for a non-organization is so damn clever. They infiltrated the Right Wing loony groups years ago just waiting to be activated at times like these.

Old 9th January 2021, 05:14 AM   #31
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Antifa for a non-organization is so damn clever. They infiltrated the Right Wing loony groups years ago just waiting to be activated at times like these.

and no one, from Alex Jones to Trump to all the other MAGAs there could tell.

If I was part of of Trump's supporters I would get damn paranoid about my so-called fellow patriots.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 07:57 AM   #32
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
and no one, from Alex Jones to Trump to all the other MAGAs there could tell.

If I was part of of Trump's supporters I would get damn paranoid about my so-called fellow patriots.
Yup. They should add them to their "enemies" list.
Old 9th January 2021, 09:16 AM   #33
Mr Fied
Muse

Hold on a minute.

The proud boys like to hang out in male company.

They like dressing up in uniform.

They attend rallies that play a lot of Elton John and they dance to YMCA.

Am I missing something here?
Mr Fied is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 09:18 AM   #34
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Mr Fied View Post
Hold on a minute.

A closet door being opened?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2021, 09:41 AM   #35
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Hold on a minute.

not a thing.

They don't masturbate, because that would be gay.
Old 9th January 2021, 05:06 PM   #36
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Hold on a minute.

And there, in my innocence, I thought that was the Shriners.
Old 9th January 2021, 10:05 PM   #37
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
And there, in my innocence, I thought that was the Shriners.
The Shriners are notorious skirt-chasers.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 08:17 AM   #38
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
The Shriners are notorious skirt-chasers.
I now have a vision of them doing that . . . in their clown cars. Damn you!
Old 10th January 2021, 11:18 AM   #39
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Another shining example of LEO doing their jobs.
The same things they are vilified for when the viewer shares the (mostly peaceful) protestors' ideology.
The mostly peaceful protestors who beat a cop to death?

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th January 2021, 11:28 AM   #40
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Not clear on this OP. The video shows the proud bitches being openly confrontational with police, and retreating when being clubbed and shot with paintball guns amidst a cloud of gas (pepper?). People generally do back off when being shot and hit with batons, yeah. Not sure if that makes them wussies. Their ideology and tactics already did that.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics