IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags antifa conspiracies , Mo Brooks

Old 10th January 2021, 10:46 PM   #1
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Capitol assault was orchestrated by ANTIFA

https://twitter.com/RepMoBrooks/stat...71347043115008

Quote:
Please, don’t be like #FakeNewsMedia, don’t rush to judgment on assault on Capitol. Wait for investigation. All may not be (and likely is not) what appears. Evidence growing that fascist ANTIFA orchestrated Capitol attack with clever mob control tactics.

Evidence follows:
- Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL)

Wow, those ANTIFA sure are clever. They can mind-control Trumpers and make them commit crimes!
Old 10th January 2021, 10:48 PM   #2
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
https://twitter.com/RepMoBrooks/stat...71347043115008

- Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL)

Wow, those ANTIFA sure are clever. They can mind-control Trumpers and make them commit crimes!
Mo Brooks, so it's idiot approved.

Bwahahahahahaha!!
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 10:51 PM   #3
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

they are just scared for their lives, less politically and more literally.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 10:58 PM   #4
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
they are just scared for their lives, less politically and more literally.
"They" meaning whom? Mo Brooks, et al?

Does he need to be? And if so, from whom?

Sorry if it seems I'm being obtuse, but I've seen a lot of claims recently, including claims that "mass executions" are imminent.
Old 10th January 2021, 11:17 PM   #5
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Plenty of Republicans are getting deaths threats and are verbally assaulted when they are seen as not being sufficiently supportive of Trump.
They have seen what happened to Kemp after he couldn't fake the election for Trump.

They all know that the mob is coming for them, they just want to delay them coming for them, personally and hope they get arrested for killing more obvious "Enemies of Trump" first and get arrested for it.
It's a classical "I just have to run faster than the slowest guy" strategy.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2021, 11:22 PM   #6
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Ah, I understand. So Mo Brooks doesn't actually believe what he's saying, he's just saying it because he's worried for his own personal safety?

Maybe. I can't mind-read.
Old 10th January 2021, 11:24 PM   #7
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Ah, I understand. So Mo Brooks doesn't actually believe what he's saying, he's just saying it because he's worried for his own personal safety?

Maybe. I can't mind-read.
it can easily be both.
He might believe it, but he is compelled to say it out loud to signal to the Trump Purists that they should please shoot someone else first.

after all, the politically wise move would be for all Republicans to just shut up and wait, knowing full well that things are not going to look better in a week from now.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 10th January 2021 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10th January 2021, 11:31 PM   #8
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Personally, if I'm worried about that I figure that the safest thing to say is nothing at all, at least until it is apparent who is winning and who is running for cover.
Old 11th January 2021, 12:44 AM   #9
erlando
Graduate Poster

"Evidence".. Yeah, right.
Old 11th January 2021, 12:50 AM   #10
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Wait - Antifa are fascists now?
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 12:54 AM   #11
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
As my mama always said, fascist is as fascist does.
Old 11th January 2021, 02:37 AM   #12
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Fox News is pushing this theory quite hard.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 02:59 AM   #13
Dani
Master Poster

Mo Brooks?

Not even Mel Brooks achieved this level of comedy.
Dani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 06:58 AM   #14
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Fox News is pushing this theory quite hard.
On the news shows or the prime-time opinion shows?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 07:17 AM   #15
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Are they trying to get back into Trump's good graces? I feel like that ship has sailed.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 07:35 AM   #16
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Mo Brooks is from Alabama, right next door to me here in Mississippi. As someone with a life-long experience with this sort of thing, I can tell you that he most likely really does believe it (and probably still does, even after his "evidence" was shown to be completely untrue- The Daily Beast via MSN). The thinking goes something like this-

"Patriots," by definition, do not riot.

Antifa is defined, simply and solely, as "people that riot."

Therefore, if there were riots, it was Antifa doing them; if any "patriots" were involved in any kind of disturbances, then the disturbances were not riots, they were protests.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 08:29 AM   #17
Bubba
Philosopher

Capitol assault orchestrated by ANTIFA ??

Antifa was duped into thinking they orchestrated it. Cui bono?

But anyway....Why are you even talking about Antifa since you and Nadler assert it is a myth ?
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 08:46 AM   #18
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Antifa was duped into thinking they orchestrated it.

I have to say, your material was getting a little stale, but this is the funniest thing I've seen since last Wednesday.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 08:46 AM   #19
Bubba
Philosopher

Antifa ?

Did you consult Mr Nadler?

Quote:
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 08:47 AM   #20
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

I have to say, your material was getting a little stale, but this is the funniest thing I've seen since last Wednesday.

Dave

Its not that difficult to figure out.

You'll see
Old 11th January 2021, 09:17 AM   #21
Matthew Best
Philosopher

You'll see
When?
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 09:28 AM   #22
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Its not that difficult to figure out.

You'll see
Sometimes I wish I had your angel-like patience.
Old 11th January 2021, 09:33 AM   #23
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

When?
June 35th, 202116.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 09:36 AM   #24
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Milky Way, Sol, Earth, Northern Hemisphere, USA, AZ, Scottsdale
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
June 35th, 202116.
Stardate 4061.2
Old 11th January 2021, 10:27 AM   #25
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

When?
In the year 252525
The backwards time machine still won't have arrived
In all the world, there's only one technology
A rusty sword for practicing proctology
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 10:33 AM   #26
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

One of the supposed Antifa (the guy seen with the lectern in the Capitol) posing with Trump Jnr.

https://twitter.com/OnlineDetective/...023488/photo/1
Old 11th January 2021, 11:05 AM   #27
Guybrush Threepwood
Trainee Pirate

Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
One of the supposed Antifa (the guy seen with the lectern in the Capitol) posing with Trump Jnr.

Antifa fifth columnist obviously.
Guybrush Threepwood is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 11:08 AM   #28
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Nessie View Post

One of the dumber Trumpers, unwittingly serving their purpose, in the insurrection plan
Old 11th January 2021, 11:13 AM   #29
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
On the news shows or the prime-time opinion shows?
Everyone over on the OANN comment section* believes some version of this I think. Which doesn't mean much but I would say that it is definitely being "pushed" on the MAGAbillies.

*who isn't a lib or never trumper defending the US Constitution by taking over the comment section and trying to talk some sense into these idiots, that is!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 11:13 AM   #30
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

No matter. Your topic made a convenient segue

You may stand down from your pulpit
Giving up so easily? Well, that was totally...expected.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 12:01 PM   #31
Steve
Philosopher

One of the dumber Trumpers, unwittingly serving their purpose, in the insurrection plan
Seems to be a feature of this thread.
Old 11th January 2021, 12:13 PM   #32
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Fascist antifascists. Schrödinger's rioter. At first they think they're in a super position but then they collapse and you can see exactly what they are.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 12:29 PM   #33
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Fascist antifascists. Schrödinger's rioter. At first they think they're in a super position but then they collapse and you can see exactly what they are.

Isnt their suppression of speech a reason they qualify as fascists.?
Old 11th January 2021, 12:32 PM   #34
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

The "agent provocateur" cop-out is almost universal:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/10...-blm-protests/

Reports of agents provocateurs, outside agitators and police infiltration of protests are appearing throughout the country and involving law-enforcement agents and rightwing nationalists. The most public role of such a disruptor was detailed in Minneapolis at the time of Trump’s provocative tweets and involved someone who has come to be known as the “Umbrella Man.”

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 12:47 PM   #35
Elagabalus
Philosopher

From a OANN commeter!

Quote:
On Sunday night, Twitter banned Alexander’s personal account and an account for “Stop The Steal.” Alexander didn’t respond to a request for comment. Alexander is a convicted felon, after pleading guilty to felony property theft in 2007 and felony credit card abuse in 2008. Alexander first appeared in conservative politics in the Tea Party era under the name “Ali Akbar,” organizing a group called the National Bloggers’ Club that was tied to “shady data collection operations.” In the Trump era, now using a new name, Alexander emerged as an idiosyncratic, trash-talking MAGA die-hard affiliated with figures like InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, anti-Muslim Trump booster Laura Loomer, blundering provocateur Jacob Wohl, and Trump ally Roger Stone.....Alexander is the man trumps Goons say is Antifa...HAHAHAHA

CAN'T MAKE THIS CRAP UP...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 12:52 PM   #36
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post

Reports of agents provocateurs, outside agitators and police infiltration of protests are appearing throughout the country and involving law-enforcement agents and rightwing nationalists. The most public role of such a disruptor was detailed in Minneapolis at the time of Trump’s provocative tweets and involved someone who has come to be known as the “Umbrella Man.”

Whatever.

Its a real and effective trick. A variation on false flag attack. A lone agent provocateur could pull it off, but more likely there is a conspiracy behind each instance.

By definition it happens more often than the known instances ie we cannot know when it has happened.

Pseudo skeptics tend to shy away from this
Old 11th January 2021, 01:07 PM   #37
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Isnt their suppression of speech a reason they qualify as fascists.?
Who do you mean; the rioters or antifa? And whose speech was suppressed? And "does bad things" isn't a very useful definition of fascist anyway.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 01:12 PM   #38
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

... it happens more often than the known instances ie we cannot know when it has happened.
It's easy. They're your brave loyal patriots right up to the moment you realise they crossed the line into behaviour that's going to have bad consequences for your side and that's the moment they turn out to have been your enemies all along wearing a false beard and glasses.
Old 11th January 2021, 01:14 PM   #39
dann
Penultimate Amazing

It is very unfair to give Antifa credit for something the Nazis are so proud of.
Credit where credit is due!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2021, 01:15 PM   #40
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post

Well a number of the insurrectionists were off duty cops. Not sure if that makes them more likely to be anti-fa agents provocateurs or not.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories