IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th December 2021, 01:22 PM   #121
Warp12
Suspended

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
I'm not aware that anyone made claims to the contrary that necessitated these claims from you in the first place. You seem to be arguing with no one about nothing.

As to whatever larger point you think you're making, that requires articulation and citation.

My whole point was to illustrate the stupidity of the dancing monkey brigade. "Look how much better we are than the GOP! Yeah, it's all of them that are bad!".

Yawn.

Apparently my statement was so controversial that numerous people had to vehemently argue the points and demand evidence. So, clearly it struck a chord.

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
What's my claim that you dispute?

1) More voter fraud occurs than is detected and prosecuted?

Common sense will tell you, and statistics show, that many more crimes, of all types, are committed than come to trial.

2) All voter fraud is not committed by Republicans?

Can you really argue against this with a straight face? With 155 million votes cast?

3) No widespread, organized election fraud took place?

Do you dispute this?

Last edited by Warp12; 16th December 2021 at 01:29 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2021, 01:42 PM   #122
plague311
Great minds think...

So, clearly it struck a chord.
You're fighting to make points that no one here needs to have made. Nothing you said in your hilited quote was even being contested. They're "uh, no ****" statements.

People are asking for evidence that, even with what you've said, it makes any impact at all on the overall outcome.

Instead of actually answering the question you do what you always do. Try to shift the focus to some stupid point that no one cares about and then follow it up with consistent one-liners that add nothing to the conversation at all.

Go on, give us another one, eh?

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2021, 01:54 PM   #123
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

So, clearly it struck a chord.
Hmmm if only there was a word for people who's sole goal and motivation is to get a reaction out of people.
Old 16th December 2021, 01:54 PM   #124
Warp12
Suspended

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
You're fighting to make points that no one here needs to have made. Nothing you said in your hilited quote was even being contested. They're "uh, no ****" statements.

People are asking for evidence that, even with what you've said, it makes any impact at all on the overall outcome.

Instead of actually answering the question you do what you always do. Try to shift the focus to some stupid point that no one cares about and then follow it up with consistent one-liners that add nothing to the conversation at all.

Go on, give us another one, eh?
At least you seem to agree with my points. That is better than those who oddly felt the need to dispute them.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2021, 02:00 PM   #125
plague311
Great minds think...

At least you seem to agree with my points. That is better than those who oddly felt the need to dispute them.
Examples? Just post #'s will work. I don't need you to link to them or anything. Just show me the post #'s where people were disputing the specific questions\statements you hilited in your post.

Take your time. I'll wait. Shouldn't be tough since this thread is pretty short.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2021, 02:07 PM   #126
Warp12
Suspended

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Examples? Just post #'s will work. I don't need you to link to them or anything. Just show me the post #'s where people were disputing the specific questions\statements you hilited in your post.

Take your time. I'll wait. Shouldn't be tough since this thread is pretty short.
Maybe take a look at the whole "common sense" dispute, as it related to more voter fraud occurring than is discovered and prosecuted. Or not. I don't really care. Here you are...disputing nothing, but arguing about something.
Old 16th December 2021, 02:12 PM   #127
plague311
Great minds think...

Maybe take a look at the whole "common sense" dispute, as it related to more voter fraud occurring than is discovered and prosecuted. Or not. I don't really care. Here you are...disputing nothing, but arguing about something.
That's what I thought. Thanks.

Stick to one liners. They're not funny, helpful or informative, but it's what you're good at.

The whole "I don't really care" thing is so overdone too. Could you come up with something new? You engage in the thread all day, and then when asked to provide just a post number to support your ******** claims, you backpedal.

Seriously, one liners. Stick to what you know.

Old 16th December 2021, 02:21 PM   #128
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

My whole point was to illustrate the stupidity of the dancing monkey brigade. "Look how much better we are than the GOP! Yeah, it's all of them that are bad!".
If your claim is that Democrats commit voter fraud as much or more than Republicans, you've presented absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim.

A dancing monkey is at least better than one that indiscriminately flings **** everywhere.

Quote:
Yawn.
Indeed.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2021, 02:22 PM   #129
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

CONVERSATIONS SURE ARE HARD TO HAVE IN A POST FACT WORLD!
Old 16th December 2021, 03:12 PM   #130
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Asking why there aren't liberal vote fraudsters is like asking why the people shooting up Comet Ping Pong are all insane right wingers.

Trying to commit voter impersonation fraud only makes since if you believe a right wing conspiracy theory. Obviously this will result in a non-representative segment of the population getting caught doing this crime.
Old 16th December 2021, 03:26 PM   #131
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

OK, as a working estimate, let's double...no, triple the number of voter frauds based on what has been found and exposed so far on both sides (btw: 16). And we get:

GQP fraudulent votes: Maybe 50.
Dem fraudulent votes: Maybe 3.

Yeah, out of 155 million votes cast, all those fraudulent votes are gonna make a BIG dent in the results!

Quote:
Despite GOP rhetoric, there have been fewer than two dozen charged cases of voter fraud since the election
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ince-election/
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 16th December 2021 at 03:27 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2021, 07:45 PM   #132
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

This year at Thanksgiving, I gave thanks to the "Ignore the troll option".
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2021, 09:51 PM   #133
Warp12
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
It is hard to imagine a more idiotic and inaccurate commentary than this. Just looking at the posting history will invalidate this notion that Stacy has presented. Could it be more ridiculous, and starved for attention? She has been posting such drivel for weeks, now.

"Look at me, I ignored some people!".

I mean, worst case, I guess I could imagine a deranged, hyper-partisan alcoholic, selective mime...but that would be ridiculous.

These creatures can't possibly exist.

Last edited by Warp12; 16th December 2021 at 10:18 PM.
Old 16th December 2021, 10:23 PM   #134
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It's downright childish to proclaim not to be partisan because you are skeptical of both parties.

Republicans are running a psy-ops on Americans with the Big Lie, and by not calling it out, but instead saying that "there is very fine voter fraud on both sides", Warp is supporting a direct attack on US democracy.
It's not just trolling, it's an attack.

Warp, you are just too partisan to admit that Republican claims of voter fraud are blatantly false and only used to undermine the belief in democracy.

- Robert M. Pirsig

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 16th December 2021 at 10:25 PM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2021, 10:36 PM   #135
Warp12
Suspended

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It's downright childish to proclaim not to be partisan because you are skeptical of both parties.

Republicans are running a psy-ops on Americans with the Big Lie, and by not calling it out, but instead saying that "there is very fine voter fraud on both sides", Warp is supporting a direct attack on US democracy.
It's not just trolling, it's an attack.

Warp, you are just too partisan to admit that Republican claims of voter fraud are blatantly false and only used to undermine the belief in democracy.
I am not sure what the hell you are are talking about. I have repeatedly stated that I don't believe there was any large scale organized election fraud. I openly dismiss any claims of such.
Old 17th December 2021, 08:27 AM   #136
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I am not sure what the hell you are are talking about. I have repeatedly stated that I don't believe there was any large scale organized election fraud. I openly dismiss any claims of such.
Of course you did. I totally believe you.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2021, 08:30 AM   #137
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

You know which side is correct when there is no actual other side that isn't just trolling.
Old 17th December 2021, 08:58 AM   #138
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
I'm not aware that anyone made claims to the contrary that necessitated these claims from you in the first place. You seem to be arguing with no one about nothing.

As to whatever larger point you think you're making, that requires articulation and citation.
The point is to distract, obfuscate and troll the thread in order to help themselves think they are "above" all of the librul skeptics in the forum while claiming not to be a partisan troll, Trump supporter.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2021, 09:01 AM   #139
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Trolls think "You can't tell me what to do/think" is the same thing as thinking for yourself.
Old 18th December 2021, 03:40 PM   #140
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

There may have been more than just those 3 in The Villages who did fraud.

https://www.rawstory.com/gop-voters-...QdajBbsVPghCPU

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 03:58 PM   #141
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
There may have been more than just those 3 in The Villages who did fraud.

https://www.rawstory.com/gop-voters-...QdajBbsVPghCPU
Stupid old buzzards!*

* Disclaimer: I'm older than two of those three.

No Klingon would put up with the GOP's ********.

When you least expect it... EXPECT IT!
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 04:23 PM   #142
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
It's like vaccination. The more people who are vaccinated, the the better it is for everyone.
Old 18th December 2021, 06:34 PM   #143
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

It sounds like you are confused about Warp12's position. The best available evidence for Warp12's position is common sense.

Which isn't too common on this forum, unfortunately. Kind a of a letdown, considering the forum name and all.
Reading the thread in sequence, I'll assume (safely, I'd wager) one or more contributors will slice, dice, and julienne fry the above by the time I make it to this post of mine. No need for me to pile on, it being the season of goodwill and all.
Old 25th December 2021, 09:00 AM   #144
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Stupid old buzzards!*

* Disclaimer: I'm older than two of those three.
I protest the canard about buzzards.

Per my Google search:

Quote:
Despite their unpeacock-like appearance, vultures are intelligent birds whose senses of sight and smell are among the sharpest of any creatures.
. . .

Quote:
“They are the smartest birds by far, and the most fun to train,” Leighty said. “They're really gentle.” Turkey vultures remain as unknown to science as they do to Scripture.
Old 25th December 2021, 10:01 AM   #145
shemp

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
I protest the canard about buzzards.

Per my Google search:

. . .
Duck!

shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 12:02 PM   #146
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Duck!
Goose!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2021, 12:16 PM   #147
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Duck!
Rabbit!
Old 25th December 2021, 02:37 PM   #148
mgidm86
Philosopher

Skeptics know that "common sense" is not what non-thinkers believe it to be.
Old 26th December 2021, 01:48 AM   #149
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Duck!
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Rabbit!
Duck!

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2021, 01:09 PM   #150
shemp

Donnie Bonespurs said there were 5,000 dead voters in Georgia. The actual count is a bit smaller.

Alleged ‘dead’ Georgia voters found alive and well after 2020 election

Quote:
False claims that there were thousands of ballots cast in the names of dead Georgia voters can now rest in peace.

Election investigators found just four absentee ballots in the 2020 presidential election from voters who had died, all of them returned by relatives.

The State Election Board referred the cases to the attorney general’s office this month after investigators reviewed dozens of allegations. Almost all voters were found to be alive.

The tiny number of ballots actually cast on behalf of deceased voters contrasts with then-President Donald Trump’s false accusation that there were 5,000 dead voters in Georgia’s election.

It’s the latest in a series of unsubstantiated claims of fraud that have since been debunked, including allegations of counterfeit ballots, ballot stuffing and forged absentee ballot signatures. Three vote counts showed that Trump lost by about 12,000 votes in Georgia.

Old 27th December 2021, 01:20 PM   #151
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I can't believe that what Trump said was a lie....
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2021, 03:57 PM   #152
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Donnie Bonespurs said there were 5,000 dead voters in Georgia. The actual count is a bit smaller.

Alleged ‘dead’ Georgia voters found alive and well after 2020 election
Three were cast by widows for their husbands and one by a mother for her son.
One was a widow who voted for Biden but her husband, who died in September, wanted to vote for Trump so she carried out his wishes.

From Nov. 21, 2021:
Quote:
Washington (CNN)The mysterious case of Rosemarie Hartle's vote in the last presidential election, three years after her death, was trumpeted in November 2020 by the Nevada Republican Party and various prominent conservatives. From then-President Donald Trump on down, Republicans used stories about phony votes cast under the names of dead people as key evidence for their claim that Joe Biden's victory was marred by major fraud.

The Hartle mystery is now solved. And it turns out that the fraud was committed by a Republican.

Hartle was married to Las Vegas businessman Donald Kirk Hartle, a registered Republican. In November 2020, Hartle told Las Vegas television station 8 News Now (KLAS-TV) that he felt "disbelief" when he found out that a mail-in ballot was submitted in his late wife's name. It was "pretty sickening," he said at the time, adding that he didn't know how it could've happened.

But Hartle had actually cast the phony ballot himself.
Old 27th December 2021, 04:00 PM   #153
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
I can't believe that what Trump said was a lie....
I knoooooow!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 5th January 2022, 10:40 AM   #154
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

4th retiree from the MAGA old folks home in Florida charged with voter fraud, likewise voting in two states.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...6jq-story.html
Old 5th January 2022, 12:03 PM   #155
shemp

I heard an interview on NPR today with a county election official in Florida, a Republican, who says his office is tied up with lots of FOIA requests from people convinced the election was stolen. He says the election was not stolen, he found no fraud in his county, and Biden is President. He will probably get primaried in his next election in 2024.

Old 5th January 2022, 05:12 PM   #156
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

I heard an interview on NPR today with a county election official in Florida, a Republican, who says his office is tied up with lots of FOIA requests from people convinced the election was stolen. He says the election was not stolen, he found no fraud in his county, and Biden is President. He will probably get primaried in his next election in 2024.
This whole voter fraud thing is a good example of how the right wing brainworms work.

How do you get a bunch of seemingly normal people to engage in, or at least excuse, very objectionable behavior? You convince them that their opponents threw the first punch and they have little option but to return in kind. Extreme times call for extreme measures, and if that means meemaw has to do some illegal voting to balance out all these Democrats voting illegally, well that's just what needs to be done.

That all of these conspiracy theories are demonstrably untrue doesn't matter. They believe lies and they believe their back is up against the wall, they must retaliate with extreme measures.

The voter fraud is a pretty innocuous form of it, because voter impersonation fraud is not how elections are stolen in real life. These people don't accomplish much more than exposing themselves to criminal liability. More worrisome versions of this are the way that the right wing propaganda paints all liberal/left protestors as inherently dangerous, and that any encounter with them must be met with gunfire or plowing a truck through the crowd.

Most of these right wing freaks aren't really disposed to murder doctors and nurses, but if you feed them enough conspiracy theories about how hospitals are murdering patients by refusing them covid miracle cures, suddenly violence seems a more reasonable outcome.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 5th January 2022 at 05:18 PM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2022, 06:15 PM   #157
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The schadenfreude is delicious. At the end of last October:
Quote:
In the wake of Joe Biden's presidential win and defeated Donald Trump's baseless claims of voter fraud that followed, Texas' Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick offered to pay up to $1 million in bounties to tipsters who provided information that led to an arrest and final conviction of voter fraud.

"I support President Trump's efforts to identify voter fraud in the presidential election and his commitment to making sure that every legal vote is counted and every illegal vote is disqualified," Patrick said in November 2020, announcing his plan to pay a minimum of $25,000 per informant.

Patrick has kept his word — but it's a progressive poll worker in Pennsylvania who is $25,000 richer after he spotted a Trump supporter illegally trying to vote twice.

"It's my belief that they were trying to get cases of Democrats doing voter fraud. And that just wasn't the case," Eric Frank told The Dallas Morning News of collecting his reward from Patrick. "This kind of blew up in their face."

Frank — whose father is an election judge and whose mother is a campaign manager for Pennsylvania Democrats, according to the Dallas paper — was instrumental in the case of Chester County, Pennsylvania, voter Ralph Thurman, a registered Republican who pleaded guilty to repeat voting and was sentenced to three years' probation, The Philadelphia Inquirer and other local news outlets reported in September.
https://people.com/politics/texas-re...ster-democrat/
Old 12th January 2022, 08:13 PM   #158
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Just don't ask Mr Tr*mp about this sort of thing. He does not like questions about voter fraud.

See:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-election-lies

Or any other questions from rational people I would guess.
Old 14th January 2022, 09:08 AM   #159
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Michigan is asking the Feds to look into people that falsely claimed that they were state electors. Guess which party they were trying to steal the election for...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...257320437.html
Old 14th January 2022, 02:52 PM   #160
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Michigan is asking the Feds to look into people that falsely claimed that they were state electors. Guess which party they were trying to steal the election for...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...257320437.html
Ummmm....lemmee think here.....uh....nope....can't come up with which party it might be. Can you give us a hint?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics