IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th January 2006, 03:50 PM   #241
Dymanic
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pup View Post
So if we foster a stereotype that creative people are often insane (or that insanity causes creativity thus one cannot be creative without being insane), then it leaves room open for rumors of insanity to begin, whenever a person displays an above-average aptitude for "creativity," as defined by society.
The author of the above-linked article takes a different view:

"One should not ignore that the stereotype of the eccentric artist or of the mad scientist also plays a protective role in the collective imagination. It acts against the fear and suspicion that excellence and the diversity of others always engenders in the majority."

Quote:
Does being successful in creative endeavors mean that a person should endure the stigma that they're subject to "violent outbursts, debilitating depressions, broken marriages, bizzare quirks, sexual deviancy [or] financial failure" until they can prove otherwise?
I don't think most people would treat a person differently until he actually began to demonstrate a propensity for those things; what is perhaps more significant is the greater degree to which such things might be tolerated in a person known for his creative abilities.

Quote:
If there really is a link...
If there isn't a link...
Ok. A lot depends on that, doesn't it?

It's not an easy thing to study; critical terms are somewhat subjective, and loosely defined, and the same data in different hands may lead to different conclusions; but a look at the above author's list of references suggests at least that he wasn't just some joker waving his arms around in the air. Here's one of them:
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/show...leId=164902206

"...the prevailing view appears to be that psychopathology and creativity are positively associated."

And here is a sampling of the titles of articles appearing in that author's list of references:

"Creativity and mental illness: prevalence rates in writers and their first-degree relatives"
"The creative writer: psychiatric symptoms and family history"
"Creativity and personality: word association, origence, and psychoticism"
"Mood disorders and patterns of creativity in British writers and artists"

Quote:
A continuum is different, though, than a linking of the traits.
I couldn't agree more; in fact, that was precisely my point. I propose that "insanity" and "creativity" are basically made out of the same stuff.
Dymanic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2006, 09:33 AM   #242
Moochie
Philosopher

What happened to Kundalini?

M.

Last edited by Moochie; 29th January 2006 at 09:35 AM.
Moochie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2006, 11:44 AM   #243
CheeseDude
Scholar

Originally Posted by hondaracing011 View Post
If the kundalini has not been proven real, then why does so many people know about it?
This is a common mistake in reasoning. You are not convincing anyone here of anything. Lots of people know about the Loch Ness Monster, but Nessie has not been proven real. You seem to think that just because you believe in something strongly enough, that fact alone makes it real. Even if millions of people believe something is real, that doesn't make it so. What evidence can you provide? Evidence is not your opinion, or the opinion of someone you think is an expert. Evidence is objective proof of what you are claiming. Something that is repeatable and predicts results on a consistent basis. To repeat the succintness of former posters here "what specifically do you intend to demonstrate, and how do you intend to demonstrate it?" You must be able to show that whatever it is you are claiming can be demonstrated and repeatable and can be only explained by the powers you claim.
CheeseDude is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2006, 06:09 PM   #244
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Yes, and where are all these so-called 'enlightened' beings who have experienced kundalini? Can anyone even name one?
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2006, 11:23 PM   #245
LostAngeles
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dymanic View Post
No, answers to life's mysteries cause suffering. If you can't handle the truth, don't go looking for it (hint: if you've ever been hospitialized for suicidal depression, this means YOU).
...CRAP.

I guess I better get the hell off the board then and just accept every last bit of information instead of looking for what's true and finding the best, most correct information.

Damn. And I really like it here too.

edit: I'm fairly certain you were probably talking to honda, but seriously, I find myself, as someone recovering from major depressive disorder, rather offended by that.

Last edited by LostAngeles; 29th January 2006 at 11:26 PM.
LostAngeles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2006, 02:39 AM   #246
Gayle
Muse

Well, LostAngeles, I certainly hope you continue hanging around. I enjoy reading your posts and I do believe I've discovered some nuggets of truth in them every now and then.

Like in your post above. Truth and correct information come in many forms.

Gayle
Gayle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2006, 07:06 AM   #247
Moochie
Philosopher

Smile

Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well, LostAngeles, I certainly hope you continue hanging around. I enjoy reading your posts and I do believe I've discovered some nuggets of truth in them every now and then.

Like in your post above. Truth and correct information come in many forms.

Gayle

I second that emotion.

M.
Moochie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2006, 08:02 AM   #248
Dymanic
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LostAngeles
I'm fairly certain you were probably talking to honda,
Yes, and within a specific context, and I was being facetious as well.

Quote:
but seriously, I find myself, as someone recovering from major depressive disorder, rather offended by that.
I might suggest that being that easily offended might be a concern for a person recovering from a major depressive disorder, and that if you really are that delicate, internet discussion forums might be a "danger zone" for you -- but if I did, you'd probably get offended.
Dymanic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2006, 10:20 AM   #249
petre
Muse

Not back yet with a confirmation, HR? The stickum dried out and the note fell down, so now it's under my monitor, if that makes it easier to read.
petre is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2006, 11:15 AM   #250
Moochie
Philosopher

I might suggest that being that easily offended might be a concern for a person recovering from a major depressive disorder, and that if you really are that delicate, internet discussion forums might be a "danger zone" for you -- but if I did, you'd probably get offended.

You're a rascal, Dynamic. Possibly worse.

M.
Old 30th January 2006, 11:48 AM   #251
Gayle
Muse

Call Roto-Rooter! We Have Blocked Chakras Here!

Dynamic wrote:

Quote:
I have no diagnosed mental disorders and no particularly evident symptoms of depression, anxiety, ragefulness, mania, delusions or personality disorders. I'm fairly thick-skinned and don't have much trouble ignoring offensive comments. I have 6 or 7 posters who frequently make purposely offensive remarks toward others on "Ignore." It makes life easier.

Even with my thick skin, I found the above comment to be a purposely offensive toward forum members who have openly shared their battles with mental disorders. It was a post worthy of the Abandon All Hope forum. It's no higher quality than the very offensive posts by "love" about cancer.

There are a number of posters here in the JREF forums who have courageously shared their stories of treatment, recovery and learning to live well with depression, anxiety, phobia, bi-polar disorder, autism, suicidal behavior and chemical dependency.

They make valuable contributions to the forums and I honestly think they help to inspire hope in others and to actually save lives. Most of those discussions go on in the community forum. They are living proof that people can and do get better. They recover. They lead productive lives, find careers, get married, have families, struggle, and share their stories with other posters and readers. They are a living example that at the bottom of the abyss comes the light. That light may come in the form of a post from someone who tells their story of hitting bottom and getting back up again.

To suggest that these posters -- who are real people with real feelings -- are too "delicate" for an internet forum represents a true lack of understanding of the nature of the JREF forum community. Yeah, there are rough and tumble discussions. Yeah, it gets heated. Yeah, some people behave badly.

But when there's a JREF poster in trouble, this "delicate" lot come forward en mass to provide emotional support, along with help in more concrete terms.

Unfortunately, there are a number of trolls around who feel empowered by ridiculing people who make themselves vulnerable in any way ... for instance, by sharing the story of their recovery from mental illness.

This thread is about Serpent Power, the kundalini rising and whether or not it is a Challenge-worthy concept.

Dynamic, if you want to talk about the relationship between mental illness and creativity or even whether mental illness is just a matter of "thinking differently," or if you want to suggest that seeking the truth is too dangerous for some people, I'm suggesting you're in the wrong thread. Start a new thread on the subject of your interest in the medical forum.

Otherwise, this thread is likely to end up in Abandon All Hope.

Now ... let's talk about kundalini power. If you're interested, you might look up the fourth chakra, the opening of the heart to compassion. It's a metaphor, of course. So far, we've seen unbalanced 1st and 3rd chakra energy exerted in this thread, with closedness at the heart level. Tsk. Better call roto-rooter to unblock those metaphors.

I'm talking to you, Dynamic.
Gayle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2006, 12:16 PM   #252
Moochie
Philosopher

Dynamic wrote:

I have no diagnosed mental disorders and no particularly evident symptoms of depression, anxiety, ragefulness, mania, delusions or personality disorders. I'm fairly thick-skinned and don't have much trouble ignoring offensive comments. I have 6 or 7 posters who frequently make purposely offensive remarks toward others on "Ignore." It makes life easier.

Even with my thick skin, I found the above comment to be a purposely offensive toward forum members who have openly shared their battles with mental disorders. It was a post worthy of the Abandon All Hope forum. It's no higher quality than the very offensive posts by "love" about cancer.

There are a number of posters here in the JREF forums who have courageously shared their stories of treatment, recovery and learning to live well with depression, anxiety, phobia, bi-polar disorder, autism, suicidal behavior and chemical dependency.

They make valuable contributions to the forums and I honestly think they help to inspire hope in others and to actually save lives. Most of those discussions go on in the community forum. They are living proof that people can and do get better. They recover. They lead productive lives, find careers, get married, have families, struggle, and share their stories with other posters and readers. They are a living example that at the bottom of the abyss comes the light. That light may come in the form of a post from someone who tells their story of hitting bottom and getting back up again.

To suggest that these posters -- who are real people with real feelings -- are too "delicate" for an internet forum represents a true lack of understanding of the nature of the JREF forum community. Yeah, there are rough and tumble discussions. Yeah, it gets heated. Yeah, some people behave badly.

But when there's a JREF poster in trouble, this "delicate" lot come forward en mass to provide emotional support, along with help in more concrete terms.

Unfortunately, there are a number of trolls around who feel empowered by ridiculing people who make themselves vulnerable in any way ... for instance, by sharing the story of their recovery from mental illness.

This thread is about Serpent Power, the kundalini rising and whether or not it is a Challenge-worthy concept.

Dynamic, if you want to talk about the relationship between mental illness and creativity or even whether mental illness is just a matter of "thinking differently," or if you want to suggest that seeking the truth is too dangerous for some people, I'm suggesting you're in the wrong thread. Start a new thread on the subject of your interest in the medical forum.

Otherwise, this thread is likely to end up in Abandon All Hope.

Now ... let's talk about kundalini power. If you're interested, you might look up the fourth chakra, the opening of the heart to compassion. It's a metaphor, of course. So far, we've seen unbalanced 1st and 3rd chakra energy exerted in this thread, with closedness at the heart level. Tsk. Better call roto-rooter to unblock those metaphors.

I'm talking to you, Dynamic.

I want to make babies with you!

M.
Old 30th January 2006, 12:21 PM   #253
Dymanic
Philosopher

Gayle, I very much appreciate the spirit of what you're saying here, and I applaud your stepping forward as an advocate for people struggling with mental illness in a situation you percieved as warranting that. I often enjoy trying to find ways to express my viewpoints that leave some important aspects as exercises for the recipient, and a more careful review of the thread -- in particular, the chain of exchanges that brought us to this point -- might make it clear to you that I would be much more likely to be an ally in your cause than an offender. I accept your chastisement, and will give some thought to whether I need to be more cautious about choosing my words in a way that does not leave so much room for misinterpretation.

My personal experiences with people suffering from bipolar disorder lead me to generalize toward a tendency to take offense where none is intended, and to a propensity for engaging in activities not necessarily conducive to maintaining an emotional balance. Participation in online discussions might well be such an activity for some, and though I chose an attempt at humor as a way of pointing that out, my doing so was no more intended to wound than was my admonishing to honda to forget Kundalini and focus on his treatment.

As for my contributions being off-topic, I suggest you take another look at this thread's title.
Old 30th January 2006, 12:36 PM   #254
Moochie
Philosopher

Gayle, I very much appreciate the spirit of what you're saying here, and I applaud your stepping forward as an advocate for people struggling with mental illness in a situation you percieved as warranting that. I often enjoy trying to find ways to express my viewpoints that leave some important aspects as exercises for the recipient, and a more careful review of the thread -- in particular, the chain of exchanges that brought us to this point -- might make it clear to you that I would be much more likely to be an ally in your cause than an offender. I accept your chastisement, and will give some thought to whether I need to be more cautious about choosing my words in a way that does not leave so much room for misinterpretation.

My personal experiences with people suffering from bipolar disorder lead me to generalize toward a tendency to take offense where none is intended, and to a propensity for engaging in activities not necessarily conducive to maintaining an emotional balance. Participation in online discussions might well be such an activity for some, and though I chose an attempt at humor as a way of pointing that out, my doing so was no more intended to wound than was my admonishing to honda to forget Kundalini and focus on his treatment.

As for my contributions being off-topic, I suggest you take another look at this thread's title.
Dang! I still don't get your agenda.

You wrote: "My personal experiences with people suffering from bipolar disorder lead me to generalize toward a tendency to take offense."

Oh, so you don't recognize BPD as a "real" disorder. Perhaps something like CTS?

It might be worthwhile to do some socialogical research, like a real scientist would. That means leaving your prejudices behind.

M.
Old 30th January 2006, 01:30 PM   #255
LostAngeles
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, and within a specific context, and I was being facetious as well.

That's it. We're going to settle this once and for all. I'll see you in the passive-agressive thread, bitch!

It's cool. Really. I just wanted to register my offense at that. Believe it or not, skepticism actually helps me with recovery.
LostAngeles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2006, 01:47 PM   #256
Dymanic
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LostAngeles View Post
That's it. We're going to settle this once and for all. I'll see you in the passive-agressive thread, bitch!
LOL! <ducks flying virtual crockery>

Quote:
It's cool. Really. I just wanted to register my offense at that.
My registry's getting kinda full all of a sudden, but I'll try to squeeze it in.

Quote:
Believe it or not, skepticism actually helps me with recovery.
Hear, hear. I regard critical thinking as a valuable coping skill, but its value often seem lost on those who need it most.
Old 30th January 2006, 01:55 PM   #257
Dymanic
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Moochie View Post
I still don't get your agenda.
In a broad sense, I'm just generally interested in the phenomena we so casually refer to as "intelligence" and "creativity" and "consciousness" and "thought" and "emotion" and "sanity". In a narrower sense, I tend to easily become concerned when I feel that a person with an emotional disorder is placing himself at risk.

Quote:
Oh, so you don't recognize BPD as a "real" disorder.
I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. In my view, it is a matter of degree; it's like asking whether salt is a "toxic" substance.

Quote:
It might be worthwhile to do some socialogical research, like a real scientist would.
I won't dispute that, and though I have read a fair amount on this and related subjects, I don't hold myself up as being in possession of a vast amount of that sort of knowledge (and I tend to look with a critical eye upon anyone who does make such a claim). What I do have is a pretty extensive amount of what might generously be called "field research". I'm one of the people who interacts with a bipolar person during the 99+ percent of the time between counselling sessions; who figures out which bills will have to be juggled because a month's food budget was squandered on ingredients for exotic dishes that will never be cooked; who helps decide which picture would look best covering the most recent fist-hole in the drywall; who has to evaluate the liklihood of a rage episode being imminent in order to decide whether planning a family outing would be a good idea, or whether hiding the car keys would be a better one. But, as I mentioned above, some of my favorite people are bipolar, and a lot of the reason for that is that they are, above all else, interesting.

Quote:
That means leaving your prejudices behind.
I suspect that you may have some idealized notions about the degree to which this can be successfully accomplished, and I probably should disqualify myself as being far too biased to have any hope of that. But I certainly agree that it is a worthy goal.

By the way, I fear that anyone waiting for honda to return to continue the discussion about Kundalini is going to be disappointed. Extrapolating from my experience, I'd be fairly confident in predicting that he's out digging a koi pond in the backyard, or something equally interesting and creative.
Old 30th January 2006, 01:55 PM   #258
Moochie
Philosopher

Hear, hear. I regard critical thinking as a valuable coping skill, but its value often seem lost on those who need it most.
Hmmm. Would you care to elaborate?

M.
Old 30th January 2006, 02:04 PM   #259
Moochie
Philosopher

I think it is possible to recognize, and understand, disorders like BPD outside of DSM IV.

Comments, please.

M.
Old 30th January 2006, 02:44 PM   #260
Gayle
Muse

The Opening Post:

Quote:
BI Polar and training Kundalini, Serpent Power

Hello there,

A few Years ago I was diagnosed BI-Polar and now I am raising the Kundalini and was in the hospital several differnet times for days at a time for Bi-Polar depression and Kundalini awakening, I wanted to know If The JREF accepts Kundalini Out Patients for testing of various skills and paranormal abilitys for the challenge.
That's no different than saying, "I was in the hospitial for days at a time for Bi-Polar depression and prayer to remove the demons of pride, anger, greed, gluttony, lust, envy and sloth."

The two different statements are manifestations of two different spiritual traditions. In answer to your question, Moochie, those are two ways, outside of the DSM IV, to recognize bi-polar disorder and other mental disorders. Scientology is another way. Yikes! Yes, there are other ways, too. You might be interested in the work of Dr. Thomas Szaz, M.D., a psychiatric renegade.

(By the way, BPD stands for Borderline Personality Disorder. Bi-polar is usually shortened just to BP.)

[cynic]The DSM IV is more about billing for reimbursable services than about diagnostic recognition and understanding of mental disorders.[/cynic]
Old 30th January 2006, 02:57 PM   #261
ChristineR
Illuminator

From what I heard at the time about the DSM-III I'd say the DSM is an attempt to give recognizable disease names to conditions, thus redefining mental illnesses as brain misfunctions, similar to kidney problems or lung diseases. The DSM II was very much in the subjective, psychotherapy oriented tradition.

Some of the distinctions in the DSM-IV are based on drug treatment as much as anything else. For example, rapid cycling bipolar (mood swings once a day or more) must be treated with different meds than standard bipolar (more or less random incidents of mania, depression, and normalacy that last a few days at least), so it gets to be a separate disease, despite the fact that no one really understands why there's a difference. They could just be different ways of reacting to the same underlying problem (excess Kundalini?) or they could be entirely unrelated conditions which happen to have similar symptoms. But the psychiatric community wants us to see these are two different but related brain disorders.
ChristineR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2006, 03:02 PM   #262
Dymanic
Philosopher

By way of elaborating on my reference to critical thinking as a valuable coping skill, I can at present only think to offer an example: recognizing that having important plans ruined by inclement weather does not constitute proof that the universe is out to get you -- personally -- is the sort of leap a person with an emotional disorder might have trouble making; the way stuff feels seems to trump everything.

Quote:
I think it is possible to recognize, and understand, disorders like BPD outside of DSM IV.
Well, in a way, part of what's inside the DSM IV is outside the DSM IV. Family members, coworkers, and others may be questioned regarding the subject's behaviors, in an attempt to identify loss of social functionality; it isn't really possible to eliminate subjectivity in those observations. Whether those observers are knowledgable enough to recognize the significance is another matter -- but then, making the diagnosis involves a judgement call on the part of the clinician, too, and misdiagnosis is not exactly unheard of. Once certain other medical conditions are ruled out, the ease with which the call can be made tends to vary from one individual to another. As for understanding these disorders, I don't think anyone can make that claim.
Old 31st January 2006, 11:36 AM   #263
Moochie
Philosopher

Thanks for your input, Gayle, ChristineR, and Dymanic. I understand a little more than I did before.

M.
Old 31st January 2006, 01:54 PM   #264
Jon.
Illuminator

Now, where did that hondaracing fellow get to?
Jon. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2006, 04:08 PM   #265
Moochie
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
Now, where did that hondaracing fellow get to?

Possibly mistook his kundalini for linguini.

M.
Old 1st February 2006, 10:57 AM   #266
hondaracing011
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by ChristineR View Post
From what I heard at the time about the DSM-III I'd say the DSM is an attempt to give recognizable disease names to conditions, thus redefining mental illnesses as brain misfunctions, similar to kidney problems or lung diseases. The DSM II was very much in the subjective, psychotherapy oriented tradition.

Some of the distinctions in the DSM-IV are based on drug treatment as much as anything else. For example, rapid cycling bipolar (mood swings once a day or more) must be treated with different meds than standard bipolar (more or less random incidents of mania, depression, and normalacy that last a few days at least), so it gets to be a separate disease, despite the fact that no one really understands why there's a difference. They could just be different ways of reacting to the same underlying problem (excess Kundalini?) or they could be entirely unrelated conditions which happen to have similar symptoms. But the psychiatric community wants us to see these are two different but related brain disorders.
This is where it gets intense,
This is a true Bi Polar symptom. The same as a Kundalini symptom.

The subconscious mind is tapped, primordial memory is accessed (archetypes). A person may even experience true psychic information from higher planes but due to the disorganization this information cannot be processed.

This is a cure for Bi Polar?

Once a person becomes stabilized and returns to his normal level of functioning then that individual is ready to address the work before him, which involves the raising of Kundalini (consciousness) that his psyche is crying out for.

His psyche is crying out for? So this paragraph states that everybody has the kundalini arousal when they are diagnosed bi polar?

In bi-polar disorder awakened kundalini energy stimulates the endocrine glands and the associated chakras, but the complimentary levels of consciousness have not yet matured.

I have read that Bi polar can lead to premature kundalini and I have read that a misdiagnosis is easy to make when a bi polar is using hallucinogens, alcohol, cannibus, ect.

I have also read that Marijuana stimulates the kundalini, and the premature kundalini arousal has the same exact symptoms as Bi Polar.

Marijuana:
The cannabis plant.
A preparation made from the dried flower clusters and leaves of the cannabis plant, usually smoked or eaten to induce euphoria.

Euphoria
Main Entry: eu·pho·ria
Pronunciation: yu-'fOr-E-&, -'for-
Function: noun
: a feeling of well-being or elation; especially : one that is groundless, disproportionate to its cause, or inappropriate to one's life situation

Euphoria a common symptom of the Kundalini Arousal.

Most Bi Polar are Genius?

Socio-emotional problems are more prevalent in geniuses with an IQ of greater than 145. There are a variety of reasons why scientists believe this. Asynchronous development and obtuse relationships of children is one notable reason explaining such maladjustedness. The single greatest adjustment problem faced by the gifted is the tendency to become isolated from the rest of humanity. As these children do not share other children's interests, their vocabulary, or their desire to organize activities, the genius child will withdraw.

As intelligence of a person goes up, what they consider as their peers constitutes a shrinking number of people. For example, at an IQ of 135 only every hundredth person would be of equal or greater IQ. This number shrinks significantly as IQ goes up.
hondaracing011 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2006, 11:09 AM   #267
Psiload
Master Poster

The subconscious mind is tapped, primordial memory is accessed (archetypes). A person may even experience true psychic information from higher planes but due to the disorganization this information cannot be processed.

Once a person becomes stabilized and returns to his normal level of functioning then that individual is ready to address the work before him, which involves the raising of Kundalini (consciousness) that his psyche is crying out for.

His psyche is crying out for? So this paragraph states that everybody has the kundalini arousal when they are diagnosed bi polar?

In bi-polar disorder awakened kundalini energy stimulates the endocrine glands and the associated chakras, but the complimentary levels of consciousness have not yet matured.

I have read that Bi polar can lead to premature kundalini and I have read that a misdiagnosis is easy to make when a bi polar is using hallucinogens, alcohol, cannibus, ect.

I have also read that Marijuana stimulates the kundalini, and the premature kundalini arousal has the same exact symptoms as Bi Polar.

Marijuana:
The cannabis plant.
A preparation made from the dried flower clusters and leaves of the cannabis plant, usually smoked or eaten to induce euphoria.

Euphoria
: a feeling of well-being or elation; especially : one that is groundless, disproportionate to its cause, or inappropriate to one's life situation

Socio-emotional problems are more prevalent in geniuses with an IQ of greater than 145. There are a variety of reasons why scientists believe this. Asynchronous development and obtuse relationships of children is one notable reason explaining such maladjustedness. The single greatest adjustment problem faced by the gifted is the tendency to become isolated from the rest of humanity. As these children do not share other children's interests, their vocabulary, or their desire to organize activities, the genius child will withdraw.

As intelligence of a person goes up, what they consider as their peers constitutes a shrinking number of people. For example, at an IQ of 135 only every hundredth person would be of equal or greater IQ. This number shrinks significantly as IQ goes up.
Please stop trying to pass off passages from other people's work as if it were your own. Cutting and pasting without acknowledgment of the original source is against the forum rules, as well as being just a plain ol' scummy thing to do.
Old 1st February 2006, 12:41 PM   #268
Jon.
Illuminator

Marijuana:
The cannabis plant.

Euphoria

I just had to ask, didn't I?
Jon. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2006, 06:20 PM   #269
Flange Desire
Muse

Honda: We are still waiting for you to simply state your paranormal claim?
Flange Desire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:17 PM   #270
LostAngeles
Penultimate Amazing

Marijuana:
The cannabis plant.

Euphoria

Caleb, is that you?
Old 2nd February 2006, 03:43 PM   #271
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

honda, stop wasting our time and your talent and go to your local science establishment or college or university. Show the leading academics at those institutions. They will more then compensate above for randi's weak million. You will become a billionaire. You could BUY your way to a new Kuntalini foundation. Form one and start schools and stuff. Dont waste your time here. Its frivolous.

cheers
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2006, 05:41 PM   #272
hondaracing011
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by hellaeon View Post
You will become a billionaire.

world leader
hondaracing011 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2006, 05:46 PM   #273
hondaracing011
Critical Thinker

Marijuana:
The cannabis plant.

Euphoria

Bi polar mania is characterized by improvements in memory and cognition that may also boost creativity. Clinical studies show that individuals in a manic state tend to rhyme and use alliteration more, and can find more synonyms and word-associate more quickly than those without bipolar disorder. The enhanced cognitive state of mania may thus contribute to a fluency of ideas that is essential to innovation.

http://www.patienthealthinternationa...ures/3118.aspx

Looks like Bi Polar Mania is the same as the Kundalini Mania, so my conclusion is, Bi Polar is the Kundalini crisis. The Kundalini is more scientific or in depth then Bi Polar. Why wouldnt they use different medication to treat Bi Polar and the Kundalini if it is different? You really dont need to have a genius or even gifted IQ to figure out they are the same, just learn how to read about the subject.

Medications taken for Kundalini crisis:

2 from Class: Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agents: Vioxx, Asprin
3 from Class: Tranquilizers: Abilify, haldol, Risperdal
2 from Class: Benzodiazepines: Valium, Clonazepan,
2 from Class: Anxiolytics--sedatives & Hypnotics: Buspar(2)
5 (9 uses) from Class: Antidepressants: Buproprion, Celexa, effexor, elavil(2), prosac, serazone, zoloft or (seratonin) (2)
5 (8 uses) from Class: Misc anticonvulsants: topomax (4) depakote (2), Trileptal, Lamictal
4 from Class: Antimanic agent: Lithium (4)
4 (5 uses) from Class: Antipsychotic: Seroquel, Zyprexa (4),
Other: Alchohol (3) loranzepan, marijuana (3), Length of time taken ranged from 1 month to off and on for 20 years.

Meds for Bipolar Crisis:
Medications include lithium, Abilify, anticonvulsant drugs (carbamazepine (Tegretol), valproate (Depakote), gabapentin (Neurontin) and lamotrigine Lamictal), antidepressants (such as bupropion (Wellbutrin)or sertraline (Zoloft)), neuroleptics (e.g. haloperidol) and benzodiazepines (e.g. lorazepam) Zyprexa, Marijuana

Last edited by hondaracing011; 2nd February 2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 2nd February 2006, 06:11 PM   #274
LordoftheLeftHand
Graduate Poster

Well you've posted 60 times to this thread in the last 12 days. Are you ready to make a claim yet? If you want/need some help some of the members here would be willing to help you. Just say the word!

LLH
LordoftheLeftHand is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2006, 06:20 PM   #275
eri
Critical Thinker

Looks like Bi Polar Mania is the same as the Kundalini Mania, so my conclusion is, Bi Polar is the Kundalini crisis. The Kundalini is more scientific or in depth then Bi Polar. Why wouldnt they use different medication to treat Bi Polar and the Kundalini if it is different? You really dont need to have a genius or even gifted IQ to figure out they are the same, just learn how to read about the subject.
You need to figure out that not everything you read online is true. And how is Kundalini more scientific than bipolar? Is this like how creation science is scientific and evolution is a religion?
Old 2nd February 2006, 06:24 PM   #276
hondaracing011
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by eri View Post
You need to figure out that not everything you read online is true. And how is Kundalini more scientific than bipolar? Is this like how creation science is scientific and evolution is a religion?
You need to figure out that Kundalini is not only listed on the net, but in psychology books as well, and in text books written by medical doctors.

I am not on any medication. The meds to treat BI Polar are the same for the Kundalini Crisis so its the same thing.

Bi Polar is made up by doctors because they were confused when many people were coming to them without knowing what is going on, so they throw all of the physical and mental symptoms together that is first noticible to the patient and leave out most of the important parts of the kundalini crisis, use any medication nessecary to stop the symptoms to hide the truth and call it something different (Bipolar) so the kundalini would not cause anymore bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity to people that do not understand or are unexperienced to have the awakening. Doctors just go onto claim bipolar, creative genius, but people that achieve a genuine kundalini are genius and bi polar to a genius is just a coverup of the truth.

Last edited by hondaracing011; 2nd February 2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 2nd February 2006, 06:29 PM   #277
Flange Desire
Muse

You need to figure out that Kundalini is not only listed on the net, but in psychology books as well, and in text books written by medical doctors.

I am not on any medication. The meds to treat BI Polar are the same for the Kundalini Crisis so its the same thing.

Many words.
But still no testable claim.
Flange Desire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2006, 06:44 PM   #278
DreadNiK
A typical atypical

I am not on any medication.
Not being funny, but maybe you should review this. Then again, many woos claim far crazier things without being diagnosed with a psychological condition, so I doubt it makes much odds.

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate
DreadNiK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2006, 06:49 PM   #279
hondaracing011
Critical Thinker

woo woo

Get dope on a daily basis get high make dem ugly faces smoken dro and im on probation my blunts i dont be lacin
im on that kryptonite im on that kryptonite
Old 2nd February 2006, 06:57 PM   #280
DreadNiK
A typical atypical

People like you give stoners a bad name...

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate
DreadNiK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal