IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 mysteries , screw 911 mysteries

Old 18th January 2007, 07:08 AM   #1
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

Released: "Screw 9/11 Mysteries - Clunkity Clunk Edition"

"Screw 9/11 Mysteries - Clunkity Clunk Edition" is now available for viewing.

BitTorrent - High Quality
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3597525/...ystrs_full.avi

Google Video - Stream
Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...24912447824934

I recommend viewing from Google Video and setting the size to "Fit To Window". Text is hard to read due to Google Resize.

Coming Soon:
911mysteriesguide.com

Thanks for waiting guys.

Last edited by The Doc; 18th January 2007 at 07:13 AM.
The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 08:20 AM   #2
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Watching now...

The "sleep" debunking is pretty harsh - man, the
movie didn´t even started!

I hope the truthers will not stop watching after
that comment.
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 08:23 AM   #3
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

I have no doubt that they will stop watching at some point. They never do watch in full. The debunking is "harsh" but not really in the sense of personal attacks. I've really taken a shot at pretty much everything inaccurate that is said.

For example

"If you have ever started a wood fire you will know that smoking logs mean the fire is not burning correctly".

I bring up the fact that there were no logs in the WTC as a bit of humour. But the important part is that the actual issues are still addressed in full.

The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 08:29 AM   #4
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

That is absolutely fantastic work there Doc, congrats!

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 08:32 AM   #5
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

Originally Posted by JAStewart View Post
That is absolutely fantastic work there Doc, congrats!
Thanks buddy

Wait till you see the paper I'm writing. It's this but in the format of a website. About one A4 page of comments on every point they bring up.

A few minor errors that are in the film have been fixed as well. You can check out the layout here:

http://www.911mysteriesguide.com
Old 18th January 2007, 08:46 AM   #6
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

Website looks really nice actually!

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 08:47 AM   #7
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Download (rather than watch) from Google with this link
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 08:49 AM   #8
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

Thanks Mike

There are also various Firefox extensions out there that allow you to download in .avi format if anyone wants to take that path.

Old 18th January 2007, 08:55 AM   #9
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

*cough*seed!*cough*
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 09:02 AM   #10
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

dagnabbit, I have to wait until I get home
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 10:00 AM   #11
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

I'm at work and not supposed to be watching but...

great work, Doc

man, that chick's voice is annoying
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 10:08 AM   #12
mortimer
NWO Janitor

I'll be watching the stream while I'm at work today. As soon as I get home I'll work on getting the thing downloaded from bittorrent and seeding it...
mortimer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 10:10 AM   #13
HyJinX
Graduate Poster

What does "seeding it" mean?
Old 18th January 2007, 10:15 AM   #14
mortimer
NWO Janitor

Originally Posted by HyJinX View Post
What does "seeding it" mean?
http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/23.html
mortimer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 10:19 AM   #15
HyJinX
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Thanks
Old 18th January 2007, 10:28 AM   #16
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Oki doki. Finished watching. Well, this is pretty good work.
It was a little bit too fast to translate on the fly and some
debunking-messages were far to biased, but i like it.

Also because the additional info at the end concerning
the Al Qaida holograms.

Great job, Guys.
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 10:42 AM   #17
Bronze Dog
Copper Alloy Canid

Watched the first 15 minutes, and when I get the time to watch the whole thing, I know I'm going to be looking forward to every time I hear *Ksssssh Booooop!*

Warning: Beware of contaminated water supplies! Suspected source of contamination: Sarah-I

A non-Rockstar Rambler and dissector of Doggerel
Bronze Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 12:25 PM   #18
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Clinkety-clink!

Linked at SLC; I'll add you to our top post as well as soon as blogger stops acting funky!

Great job, Doc! I know how much work you put into this!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 12:44 PM   #19
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Can't wait to watch the rest!
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 12:47 PM   #20
boloboffin

I've got a post at DU - it's being opened, but not a lot of comments yet.

Of course, we've just had a longtime poster banned over what I think is a misunderstanding...and there's all kinds of other stuff to wade through in the "dungeon", as we like to call our little corner of the DU server.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 12:52 PM   #21
anticonspiracy911
Critical Thinker

Doc,

So far good work on "Screw 9/11 Mysteries" but I'm surprised you didn't reply to the film's claim about the North Tower burning for 3 hours overnight and not collapsing. I think by ignoring this you gave the film a bit of momentum. I just wanted to see why that wasn't replied to in the film. Anyways, keep up the good work.
anticonspiracy911 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 12:55 PM   #22
negativ
Graduate Poster

I'm less than 3 minutes in, and I like the presentation so far.

teeny little tiny nitpickery:

at 2:28 our intrepid "demolition hobbyist" claims that during the course of his research, he "literally" did not sleep for a week.

In my certainly non-expert understanding, such a period of complete sleep deprivation could reasonably be expected to lead to profound cognitive deficiencies, including paranoia, distorted visual and auditory perceptions, and full-blown hallucinations.

Might this explain the basis for his conclusions?

ETA: Ha ha, I should have waited an extra 30 seconds ~~~~~~

Last edited by negativ; 18th January 2007 at 12:59 PM. Reason: have gun, will jump it
negativ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 01:19 PM   #23
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Question:

At about 23:57, where they're talking about an explosion just before the collapse--is that the video that was shown to have had its sound tampered with?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7824934#23m57s
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 01:30 PM   #24
babazaroni
Muse

deleted, duplicate

Last edited by babazaroni; 18th January 2007 at 01:32 PM.
babazaroni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 01:32 PM   #25
babazaroni
Muse

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
Question:

At about 23:57, where they're talking about an explosion just before the collapse--is that the video that was shown to have had its sound tampered with?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7824934#23m57s
I don't think so. The tampered video had the sound of many CD like explosions as the tower collapsed.

This single sound probably came from a beam buckling just before the collapse.
babazaroni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 01:58 PM   #26
CurtC
Illuminator

At the 6:25 mark, it shows a man being interviewed by Fox News, at least that's what it's made out to be. He says "...come out of nowhere and then just REAMED into the side of the Twin Tower, EXPLODING THROUGH the other side. And then I witnessed both towers collapse, one first, and then the second, mostly due to structural failure, because the fire was just too intense."

This is immediately after the narrator is trying to make the point that the official story was born right there that morning.

I call "BS." I don't think this was an actual interview, but an actor paid by the film makers.
Old 18th January 2007, 02:05 PM   #27
Coritani
Critical Thinker

"This video is currently not available.
please try again later"

ARRRGHH

I'm gettin' on the torrent now.

edit: Getting 3 KBs/sec. This may take some time.

The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is. - Winston Churchill

Last edited by Coritani; 18th January 2007 at 02:08 PM.
Coritani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 02:15 PM   #28
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by Coritani View Post
"This video is currently not available.
please try again later"

ARRRGHH

I'm gettin' on the torrent now.

edit: Getting 3 KBs/sec. This may take some time.
Always expect MIB to misunderstand the internet. The preview has been deleted and that is what is unavailable. Click the link in the first post for the FULL VERSION
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 02:22 PM   #29
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Doc:

Wonderful job. From now on, no matter what crap a truther brings up, all I have to do is say...Go watch "Screw 9/11 Mysteries".

Very well done.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 02:46 PM   #30
A W Smith
Philosopher

I got it in 2 hours 23 mins with azureus and I guess I am one of the seeds now. Watched about half of it. great work. but I have no sound yet. Fell asleep halfway through. All that speed reading wore me out
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 02:49 PM   #31
Coritani
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
I got it in 2 hours 23 mins with azureus and I guess I am one of the seeds now. Watched about half of it. great work. but I have no sound yet. Fell asleep halfway through. All that speed reading wore me out
Jesus, 2 and a half hours? I'm still chuggin' along at around 11KB/sec!

The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is. - Winston Churchill
Coritani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 02:50 PM   #32
Peephole
Master Poster

I've watched until about the first half hour, great stuff The Doc! The wood logs comment was hilarious and I loved the "hunt the core" bit.

A couple of comments on the part I've seen (a lot of nitpicking, yes ):

1. I think you could have picked better (clearer) and more quotes for the "what professionals think happened on 9/11" segment.
2. You could have mentioned that the appearance of "Brad" is quite deceiving, as I understand from the video's website, "Brad" isn't the creator of 9/11 Mysteries, which it does kind of seem to imply (and tries to give credit to the movie because he's a "conservative Republican").
3. When the woman first mentions the fire caused the steel building to give way, you could point out that it was the combined effect of the impact and fires that did that.
4. The "myth" the woman claims was developed wasn't just "fed by official sources" but also backed by countless scientists.
5. The 10 seconds complete collapse is of course complete BS, you could mention that right from the beginning.
6. The woman makes several references to the FEMA report but what about the NIST report? It seems like they never even heard of it.
7. She says "smaller models 767", but 767's are larger and heavier than 707's. You could also add that Robertson never envisioned the effects of the fuel on the fire (it's explained by Robertson himself later on but I think it's best to to point out everything as quickly as possible).
9. You claim the most important factor of the impact are size and speed, but is that so? I thought the most important factors were mass and speed. And the fuel makes up a large part of a plane's mass (at least that's what I understood from the Purdue Pentagon simulation).
10. With the De Martini segement you could again add that they never envisioned the effects of the fuel on the fire.
11. You claim engineers were surprised the buildings stood so long. But in the Bazant and Verdure paper they explicitly state the collapse was a big surprise to engineers.
12. When Barnett claims he had not seen a protected steel structure collapse, you could point out the protection of the WTC steel was blown off by the aircraft impact. Also of the examples it shows, the Parque Central in Caracas was a reinforced concrete structure of which two steel decks partially collapsed and I'm pretty sure World Trade Center 5 also endured partial collapses of the steel structure, due to the fires. You could also point out that the comparison to the 1975 World Trade Center fire is pretty awful.
13. You could point out immediatly that the pancake collapse theory presented in the PBS documentary is outdated.
14. You could have added examples of what burned in the towers. The kerosene (at first), wood furniture, carpet, office materials, computers, the aircraft contents (luggage, seats,...), etc...

Spelling errors i noticed:
8:50 World Trade Centers
Peephole is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 02:56 PM   #33
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Bronze Dog View Post
Watched the first 15 minutes, and when I get the time to watch the whole thing, I know I'm going to be looking forward to every time I hear *Ksssssh Booooop!*
have you watched screw loose change: not freaking again edition? it has a lot of informative ksssssssh boooooops too

Quote:
6. The woman makes several references to the FEMA report but what about the NIST report? It seems like they never even heard of it
on top of that she doesnt even reference the actual report, form what ive seen she only cites the executive summary
Old 18th January 2007, 02:57 PM   #34
FramerDave
Muse

I'm about one hour into it, and bloody good debunking so far.

One thing that bugs me the most is the original producers' insistence on using O Fortuna to lend it a certain gravitas. And then to use a children's choir rendition of it? Boo hiss.
FramerDave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 03:53 PM   #35
Coritani
Critical Thinker

Ah. I've got it working on google video (thanks, Enigma), and downloading it as well because it's gonna take days to finish downloading.

I'm about 12 minutes in, watching the bit about smoke color. Very impressed so far.

Keep it up, doc!

Old 18th January 2007, 04:11 PM   #36
mortimer
NWO Janitor

Originally Posted by Coritani View Post
Ah. I've got it working on google video (thanks, Enigma), and downloading it as well because it's gonna take days to finish downloading.

I'm about 12 minutes in, watching the bit about smoke color. Very impressed so far.

Keep it up, doc!
If you have broadband and you are only getting 11kb/sec, you probably don't have your incoming port forwarded on your router, so no peers can connect to you. I'm averaging 336kb/sec as we speak, and should have the whole thing downloaded in under an hour total.
Old 18th January 2007, 04:23 PM   #37
~enigma~
Banned

It hasn't even been up 12 hours and it is ranked #11 on today's movers and shakers page at google video.

~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 04:28 PM   #38
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

Ok first I would like to address one thing:

In the WTC7 segment I am aware there is an error. This is regarding the "kink". Please note:

"The exact location of Alex Jones' "crimp" is where the building was struck by falling debris" needs to be changed to:

Quote:
The exact location of Alex Jones' "crimp is where the section the building that the upper penthouse collapsed into 8.2 seconds before the tower fell.
Guess that was some of the 4am work I did.

It will be fixed in the guide.
Old 18th January 2007, 04:31 PM   #39
HyJinX
Graduate Poster

Well done, Doc, well done.
Old 18th January 2007, 04:39 PM   #40
HyJinX
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Revolutionary91 @ LC Forum
Thanks for the tip!
First argument: Using the NIST report? And taking a gusy word that has experience when 9/11 Mysteries also has people with a lot of experience. AND they say many steel framed buildings have collapsed? Wow...did a kid make this? I mean judging my the level of maturity of all thse videos I would say so. And I guess it's impossible for a guy to sleep off his sleep deprivation and get better right?

I may just watch the first 5 mintes and stop. The arguments are pathetic.
Not sure where I saw the post on JREF today, but someone said that most CTs won't make it past the 5 minute mark before they turn it off. Well...I think they were correct given the statement above.

Pathetic.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories