IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags testing , forgeries , footprints , bigfoot

Closed Thread
Old 16th February 2007, 09:00 AM   #2041
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
Green had at least five reports of shootings and there may be more recent ones. In one the hunter emptied his rifle into the back of one as it retreated from a clearing with his deer under one arm.

Personally, I would not pursue a wounded and possibly angry 8' ape if I valued my life.

Most hunters hunt in daylight (except for poachers) and many don't get far from the vehicle in case they manage to kill something.

In interviews with Dahinden he's sometimes shown trekking about in broad daylight with a rifle (most sasquatch activity seems to be at night). He never saw one, nor much of anything else, either.
Fun campfire tales IMO. So many proponents seem to have this shock and awe response to the idea of trying to shoot a bigfoot. There are plenty of poachers/hunters well equppied to take down all manner of game who wouldn't screw a shot at bigfoot and if you can take down a Grizz or moose then you can take down a bigfoot with no difference in challenge. Unless of course you want to introduce the 'their buddies are waiting nearby and will wreck your a$$' theory which really just means you had more targets than you thought.

ETA: William and Madness, missed your posts there but yes, the woo-ness of footers being incredulous of the thought of shooting a sasquatch should definitely be strongly emphasized as it is very telling of their thought processes.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 16th February 2007 at 09:06 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:03 AM   #2042
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Fun campfire tales IMO. So many proponents seem to have this shock and awe response to the idea of trying to shoot a bigfoot. There are plenty of poachers/hunters well equppied to take down all manner of game who wouldn't screw a shot at bigfoot and if you can take down a Grizz or moose then you can take down a bigfoot with no difference in challenge. Unless of course you want to introduce the 'their buddies are waiting nearby and will wreck your a$$' theory which really just means you had more targets than you thought.
This reminds me of an exchange I had with Carcharodon...about how he "doubted" I would shoot a Bigfeetsus in the dome if I had a shot.

Hahhhh!! He acted as if he knew me well enough to know whether I would or would not do it.

Let the record reflect....I was in the ARMY...I know how to use a firearm well...and I would part a Bigfeetsus's skull in a heartbeat.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:14 AM   #2043
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,946
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
A back full of shots and this Bigfeetsus is only...Pissed Off!!?!?
Lu didn't say the biggie got pissed at all. He probably didn't even drop the deer. Maybe he picked up his pace thinking bees were stinging him trying to take the deer.

Quote:
This reminds me of an exchange I had with Carcharodon...about how he "doubted" I would shoot a Bigfeetsus in the dome if I had a shot.... Let the record reflect....I was in the ARMY...I know how to use a firearm well...and I would part a Bigfeetsus's skull in a heartbeat.
LTC, why go for a head shot? Don't you want to put them in the center of the chest (blowing out heart, lung or spine)?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:20 AM   #2044
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Lu didn't say the biggie got pissed at all. He probably didn't even drop the deer. Maybe he picked up his pace thinking bees were stinging him trying to take the deer.



LTC, why go for a head shot? Don't you want to put them in the center of the chest (blowing out heart, lung or spine)?
HAHahahahahah...pesky bees!!

Yeah a nice tight 3 round shot pattern into the chest would be most effective. I guess I was thinking that a head shot was just more dramatic...you know,for posting purposes.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:21 AM   #2045
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
Kit I'm looking up as many Native American tribes from East of the Mississippi as I can and am finding nothing regarding anything remotely resembling Bigfeetsus legends.

Of course my research skills may be suspect sooooo...I'm wondering what would be THE definitive spot to look.

Thanks,
Madness
Never, never, ever, ever let any proponent of sasquatch try to support anything Foot related and say 'PNW' in the same statement.

This is what we are asked to accept:

Alaska 19
Arizona 38
Arkansas 64
California 347
Colorado 84
Connecticut 4
Delaware 2
Florida 106
Georgia 37
Hawaii
Idaho 49
Illinois 55
Indiana 47
Iowa 35
Kansas 26
Kentucky 46
Louisiana 32
Maine 13
Maryland 25
Massachusetts 10
Michigan 69
Minnesota 27
Mississippi 17
Missouri 52
Montana 23
Nebraska 7
Nevada 7
New Hampshire 9
New Jersey 35
New Mexico 30
New York 84
North Carolina 45
North Dakota 5
Ohio 190
Oklahoma 62
Oregon 197
Pennsylvania 78
Rhode Island 2
South Carolina 31
South Dakota 13
Tennessee 51
Texas 160
Utah 38
Vermont 6
Virginia 21
Washington 402
West Virginia 45
Wisconsin 41
Wyoming 24

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/#usa

Those native traditions are one of the least important things to look for if you accept that list. But yes, by all means do look. How about North Carolina? LAL, would be the one to ask.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:22 AM   #2046
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,253
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
Kit I'm looking up as many Native American tribes from East of the Mississippi as I can and am finding nothing regarding anything remotely resembling Bigfeetsus legends.
There's not much, I agree. I've posted most of this before, but here it is again.

A researcher friend of mine (from the northeast) made inquiries at an international Native dance festival in Cherokee, NC, last summer. We were referred to a book on mythology by a resident potter, but when my friend clarified what we were looking for, he offered a modern sighting on the res, with apologies for it being modern. This friend has since found a Cherokee girl willing to share her family's stories.

One Cherokee I've talked with said they're a western thing; the Cherokee have the Boogers. But after seeing something about this on TV, he recalled his grandparents had something throwing dirt clods at their house when they were building it. He then proceeded to tell me about Jimmy Chilcutt.

I was at a campout on the res soon after the Manitoba filming and took the opportunity to ask around. One traditional Cherokee said, "Never catch him". I asked if they're in Cherokee tradition and he pointed and said, "Nobody lives over that mountain". When I asked if the Cherokee have a name for them, he shrugged and said, "Bigfoot".
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/

Last edited by LAL; 16th February 2007 at 10:50 AM.
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:28 AM   #2047
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
There's not much, I agree. I've posted thi bfore, but here it is again.

Are researcher friend of mine (from the northeast) made inquiries at an international Native dance festival in Cherokee, NC, last summer. We were referred to a book on mythology by a resident potter, but when my friend clarified what we were looking for, he offered a modern sighting on the res, with apologies for it being modern. This friend has since found a Cherokee girl willing to share her family's stories.

One Cherokee I've talked with said they're a western thing; the Cherokee have the Boogers. But after seeing something about this on TV, he recalled his grandparents had something throwing dirt clods at their house when they were building it. He then proceeded to tell me about Jimmy Chilcutt.

I was at a campout on the res soon after the Manitoba filming and took the opportunity to ask around. One traditional Cherokee said, "Never catch him". I asked if they're in Cherokee tradition and he pointed and said, "Nobody lives over that mountain". When I asked if the Cherokee have a name for them, he shrugged and said, "Bigfoot".
Well LaL...I'm wondering than if Fudd's Kodiak/PWI theory holds any liquid...that is if we don't have much in the way of Native American Lore East of the Mississippi why are we seeing so many Bigfeetsus there (allegedly).

I mean there is No lore there just like on Kodiak Island...yet we have Bigfeetsus howling in the night all over the Buckeye State...and Skunk Apes skulking about the everglades...what gives?!?
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:29 AM   #2048
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
This reminds me of an exchange I had with Carcharodon...about how he "doubted" I would shoot a Bigfeetsus in the dome if I had a shot.

Hahhhh!! He acted as if he knew me well enough to know whether I would or would not do it.

Let the record reflect....I was in the ARMY...I know how to use a firearm well...and I would part a Bigfeetsus's skull in a heartbeat.
I was also in the military and I don't even like killing spiders but if I had a shot at bigfoot I think I'd be inclined to take it after shouting in my best Sammy Davis Jr. voice 'hey stinky, pull up some dirt or I'm gonna make with the shooting!'
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:31 AM   #2049
Hairy Man
Scholar
 
Hairy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
The Kooshdakhaa
Where we talking about Kooshdakhaa somewhere and I miss it? I haven't suggested that name is bigfoot related. I thought we were talking about Kushtaka?


Hairy Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:33 AM   #2050
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Never, never, ever, ever let any proponent of sasquatch try to support anything Foot related and say 'PNW' in the same statement.

Those native traditions are one of the least important things to look for if you accept that list. But yes, by all means do look. How about North Carolina? LAL, would be the one to ask.
Yep Kit it was the first thing that leapt to mind actually when Fuddster started on about his PWI/Kodiak theory.

I was like wait just a cotton pickin minute what about East of the Mississippi...I mean IF and I am saying IF there are no Bigfeetsus legends from this area than his theory dies a miserable death...because people see Bigfeetsus there all the time (allegedly) without anything in the way of native American Lore for support.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:39 AM   #2051
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
I was also in the military and I don't even like killing spiders but if I had a shot at bigfoot I think I'd be inclined to take it after shouting in my best Sammy Davis Jr. voice 'hey stinky, pull up some dirt or I'm gonna make with the shooting!'
Indeed Kit...I mean it's an animal and an undiscovered one at that...one shot and your famous...possibly even gainfully reciprocated.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:43 AM   #2052
Hairy Man
Scholar
 
Hairy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
Kit I'm looking up as many Native American tribes from East of the Mississippi as I can and am finding nothing regarding anything remotely resembling Bigfeetsus legends.

Of course my research skills may be suspect sooooo...I'm wondering what would be THE definitive spot to look.

Thanks,
Madness
I'm assuming when you say east of the Mississippi that you are including the headwaters as well, so here is a list for your use. The list is not all there is, just what picked out quickly from a list of several hundred:

Tribe - Traditional Name - Translation

Alabama-Coushatta - Eeyachuba - Wild man
Algonkian - Yeahoh- Wild man
Caddo - Ha'yacatsi - Lost giants
Cherokee - Kecleh-Kudleh - Hairy savage
Cherokee - Nun’ Yunu’ Wi - Stone man
Chickasaw - Lofa - Smelly, hairy being that could speak
Chippewa - Djeneta` - Giant
Choctaw - Kashehotapalo - Cannibal man
Choctaw - Nalusa Falaya - Big giant
Choctaw - Shampe - Giant monster
Comanche - Mu pitz - Cannibal monster
Comanche - Piamupits - Cannibal monster
Creeks - Honka - Hairy man
Iroquois - Ot ne yar heh - Stonish giant
Iroquois - Tarhuhyiawahku - Giant monster
Iroquois/Seneca - Ge no sqwa - Stone giants
Menomini - Manabai'wok - The Giants
Micmac - Chenoo - Devil cannibal
Mosopelea - Yeahoh - Monster
Ojibwa - Manito - Wild man
Seminole - Esti capcaki -Tall man
Seminole - Ssti capcaki - Tall hairy man
Seneca - Ge no'sgwa - Stone giants

Last edited by Hairy Man; 16th February 2007 at 09:51 AM.
Hairy Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:47 AM   #2053
drapier
Critical Thinker
 
drapier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 273
Are you claiming that the names on this list are names for bigfoot?


Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
I'm assuming when you say east of the Mississippi that you are including the headwaters as well, so here is a list for your use. The list is not all there is, just what picked out quickly from a list of several hundred:
drapier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:50 AM   #2054
Huntster
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,798
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
....I found this interesting bit on coastal nutrition:

"A saying amongst the Tlingit is that "when the tide goes out the table is set". This refers to the richness of intertidal life found on the beaches of Southeast Alaska, most of which can be harvested for food. Another saying is that "in Lingít Aaní you have to be an idiot to starve". Since food is so easy to gather from the beaches, a person who can't feed himself at least enough to stay alive is considered to be a fool, perhaps mentally incompetent or suffering from very bad luck."
Lu, you never cease to amaze me. How do you do it?

I never would have imagined someone who was not from the area to have ever "heard" those "sayings."

You truly are a walking encyclopedia.

Quote:
Whether or not the Tlingit had sasquatches in old tradition, they certainly have them now.

There were multiple sightings in 2005, and, even though the famous hair turned out to be from a long dead Wood Bison, something unusual seemed to be going on.
That bison hair incident was in the interior. That isn't Tlingit territory (not that they wouldn't like to claim the area).
Huntster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:55 AM   #2055
Hairy Man
Scholar
 
Hairy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
drapier - They are what they are - the translation is provided. Don't forget that these names aren't just isolated words...they have stories with descriptions/behaviors/characteristics that go with them. If you are looking for names that have a literal translation to "big foot" I think you're putting too much emphases on a white word invented in the 1950s.
Hairy Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:55 AM   #2056
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
Where we talking about Kooshdakhaa somewhere and I miss it? I haven't suggested that name is bigfoot related. I thought we were talking about Kushtaka?


Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
LAL, I just read the same article while researching information on the Tlinglit, POW, ABC, and Kodiak islands, and brown bears for my dialogue with Huntster and I'd have to agree that this description:
Quote:
The Kooshdakhaa
No description of the Tlingit would be complete without mentioning the Kooshdakhaa (kû'cta-qa), the dreaded and feared Land Otter People.

These creatures are human from the waist up, and otter-like below. Land otters are excellent fishers. Those who are drowned often marry (and become) land otters, and land otters can assist in drownings. Land otters are sinister and potentially harmful. When properly controlled, however, the land otter can be of great help to humans, such as fishermen whe penetrate the sacred realm beyond social boundaries. Those drowned and married to land otters (and their land otter children) can return to their human relations and assist them, usually by helping them catch abundant supplies of seafood. The land otters can make human children grow tails; they can only eat raw food, for if they eat cooked fish they will die; and as supernatural beings, after being out on the water they must regain land and find shelter before the raven calls or they will die
. ...seems quite a stretch for a sasquatch tradition but a pretty cool mermaid/men tradition. I also noticed that the article really was in need of the cleanup. The part about their slavery and comparative aggressiveness was interesting.
Hairy Man, you're kidding, right? I'm not responsible for how the author of that part of the wikipedia article on the Tlinglit chose their spelling but are you suggesting that they are refering to something other than this?:
Quote:
Kushtaka are mythical creatures found in the stories of the Tlingit Indians of Southeastern Alaska. Loosely translated, Kushtaka means, "land otter man".

They are similar to the Nat'ina of the Dan'aina Indians of South Central Alaska, and the Urayuli of the Eskimos in Northern Alaska.

Physically, kushtaka are shape-shifters capable of assuming either human form or the form of an otter. In some accounts, a kushtaka is able to assume the form of any species of otter, in others, only one. Accounts of their behaviour seem to conflict with one another. In some stories, kushtaka are cruel creatures who take delight in tricking poor Tlingit sailors to their deaths. In others, they are friendly and helpful, frequently saving the lost from death by freezing. In many stories, the kushtaka save the lost individual by distracting them with curiously otter-like illusions of their family and friends as they transform their subject into a fellow kushtaka, thus allowing him to survive in the cold. Naturally, this is counted a mixed blessing. However Kushtaka legends are not always pleasant. In some legends it is said the Kushtaka will imitate the cries of a baby or the screams of a woman to lure victims to the river. Once there the Kushtaka either kills the person and tears them to shreds or will turn them into another Kushtaka.

Since the Kushtaka mainly preys on small children, it has been thought by some that it was used by Tlingit mothers to keep their children from wandering close to the ocean by themselves.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:59 AM   #2057
Huntster
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,798
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntster
Yup.

Ever read Glickman?
Nope....and reading it wouldn't change my mind one iota...
I knew you never read Glickman, and I knew that any and all evidence wouldn't change your "mind".

Quote:
people theorizing never does actually.
And your "theorys" can't match Glickman's.

Quote:
So...you're saying there exists such a place that has ton's of Bigfeetsus lore yet absolutely not a single solitary sighting??
No. I'm not saying that.

Quote:
Feel free to expand on your single word answer Fudster would ya??
No.

Quote:
Because I guess what I'm driving at is this...you're trying to say Lore = Bigfeetsus and No Lore = No Bigfeetsus BUT if there exists a place with Lore and No Bigfeetsus I would propose your theory holds no water...kind of like a wicker basket.
So where is this place of your wild imagination?

Quote:
Oh and while we're at it....what about absolutely No Lore whatsoever...yet tons of sightings (allegedly)?

How's Florida,Ohio,New York,Indiana,Georgia and the like doing for Lore? Because they surely do claim the Bigfeetsus sightings (allegedly).I'm not saying they don't have any Lore...just asking a question is all.
Glickman addressed that, too.

But you wouldn't know about that, would you? Despite your strong "opinions".

Imagine that!

Quote:
I mean if the Miami Tribe never spoke of a Bigfeetsus yet Ohio seems to claim a plethora of sightings nowadays...how on earth did Bigfeetsus elude those crafty indians?? I mean they are sooooooo smart and they documented everything right?? What about the Skunk Ape...was he big on the Seminoles list of important things??
I don't know. I"m not much on Florida, skunk apes, Seminoles, Miami, etc.

Been there.

Didn't like it.
Huntster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 09:59 AM   #2058
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,253
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Those native traditions are one of the least important things to look for if you accept that list. But yes, by all means do look. How about North Carolina? LAL, would be the one to ask.
Funny, I was just posting about that before I saw your post. There seem to be more modern reports than Native traditions from what I've heard so far. Understand that because of near genocide, removal, conversion, the Indian schools, and a desire to be mainstream among the survivors' descendants, not much eastern traditon remains.

In the town of Cherokee, NC, most of the crafts are made in China or Arizona and the tourists are treated to tipis and war bonnets, usually red. There is a troup that performs a Cherokee war dance in pow-wows, festivals and the drama. It was revived from a written description.

The BFRO reports are the tip of the iceberg for NC. I've learned of quite a few possible sightings that haven't been reported anywhere and there may be several "hot spots" in the state. Unfortunately, we lack a research organization (summer visits from the BFRO don't count).

A friend compiled this list of NC and NC/Tn border reports if anyone's interested:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=9218

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=15108

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2054

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3332

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=12640

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=12362

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=14075

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3333

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=10771

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=450

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_article.asp?id=293

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=8983

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=4736

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3338

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=4763

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2149

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=12333

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3339

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=417

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3337

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/elmcity.htm

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/yadin.htm

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/report_detail.php?id=00419

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/report_detail.php?id=00816

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/report_detail.php?id=00701

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/report_detail.php?id=00462

http://www.texasbigfoot.com/HardemanCoTN1.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCwatauga001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCavery001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCashe001.htm

http://www.gcbro.com/NCmadison001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCcherokee0003.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCcherokee002.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCcherokee001.htm

http://www.gcbro.com/NCrockingham0001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCstokes004.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCstokes001.htm

http://www.gcbro.com/NCstokes002.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCgraham001.htm

http://www.gcbro.com/NCdavi0001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NChoke001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCrich001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCrowan001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/NCstanly0002.html

http://www.internationalbigfootsocie...ort.php?id=172

http://www.internationalbigfootsocie...rt.php?id=1054

http://www.bigfootinfo.org/data/bfst.php?srcText=311

http://www.bigfootinfo.org/data/bfst.php?srcText=109

http://www.bigfootinfo.org/data/bfst.php?srcText=219

Tennesee Border (NC):

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=10814

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1947

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3008

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=4736

http://www.gcbro.com/TNse002.html

http://www.gcbro.com/TNblount0003.html

http://www.gcbro.com/TNblount002.html

http://www.gcbro.com/TNblount001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/TNsevi0001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/TnSe001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/TNcocke0001.html

http://www.gcbro.com/TNcarter0001.html

http://gcbro.com/TNjoh001.html

http://www.internationalbigfootsocie...ort.php?id=645
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:01 AM   #2059
Huntster
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,798
Originally Posted by JQH View Post
Hunting is a popular support in the US, I gather.

How come no hunter has ever shot a Bigfoot, if such actually exist?
It has been claimed to happen.
Huntster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:05 AM   #2060
Huntster
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,798
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
Kit I'm looking up as many Native American tribes from East of the Mississippi as I can and am finding nothing regarding anything remotely resembling Bigfeetsus legends.
In your elementary study, research "Lewis and Clark" and "grizzly bear".

Tell us what you learn (if it's possible for you to learn anything).
Huntster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:05 AM   #2061
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Please forgive the following minor pseudo-meltdown:

Bigfoot is on Admiralty Island, bigfoot is on Rhode Island. Bigfoot is in Iowa, bigfoot is in New Jersey.

Why the #$%& can anyone think that this is anything other than human behaviour?!

Sorry, but it's a little boggling sometimes.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:08 AM   #2062
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,253
Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
Cherokee - Kecleh-Kudleh - Hairy savage
Thank you! I showed an afore-mentioned Cherokee-speaking Cherokee the term as it was printed in the 1793 article from SC.

(http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_article.asp?id=293)

It was spelled "Chickly Cudly" (Cherokee doesn't have C's) and he thought it was Navajo,

I've also seen it translated as "man-bear" or "bear-thing".
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/

Last edited by LAL; 16th February 2007 at 10:14 AM.
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:09 AM   #2063
Huntster
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,798
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
....Do people who value their life ever pursue injured brown bears though?
With great apprehension.

Quote:
My guess is yes....but they don't pursue 8 foot apes...go figure.
Bears are known dangers.

Bipedal apes?

Great minds like that of Mad Horn insist they don't exist. Even the Fish and Game Dept. don't list them in their regs.

Shooting one is a freebie. There's no need to risk life or limb tracking a wounded one, because "they don't exist", right?
Huntster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:10 AM   #2064
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by Huntster View Post
I knew you never read Glickman, and I knew that any and all evidence wouldn't change your "mind".



And your "theorys" can't match Glickman's.



No. I'm not saying that.



No.



So where is this place of your wild imagination?



Glickman addressed that, too.

But you wouldn't know about that, would you? Despite your strong "opinions".

Imagine that!



I don't know. I"m not much on Florida, skunk apes, Seminoles, Miami, etc.

Been there.

Didn't like it.
Of course because Glickman is your chosen exalted Pope of higher Bigfeetsus learning isn't he Fudd? Whatever the man says you take as gospel...fine whatever Fudd.

Hairy Man already deflated my theory with his list of Eastern Indian Bigfeetsus legends...I did use the words IF and MAYBE while positing about Eastern Bigfeetsus Lore...so I'm ok standing corrected here.

Also what the hell does whether you liked Florida or not have to do with the price of tea in China?!?!? I know you feel Alaska is the greatest great place that was ever great Fudley but please explain the relavence it has on this discussion??
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:11 AM   #2065
Hairy Man
Scholar
 
Hairy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
I'm glad you brought up the BFRO as I specifically had them in mind when I asked the question. I'm finding it hard to think why such a group wouldn't be able to guarantee an 'experience' if we are to accept at face value much of what we are encouraged to believe concerning sasquatches. They have the best report database, plenty of willing help from all over NA, and before the exodus plenty of very professional minds to assist and guide their efforts in locating areas of sasquatch activity. A quick glance at their website shows seven upcoming expeditions, five of which are sold out. These areas certainly weren't selected at random. If you can identify areas of high enough sasquatch activity to invite members of the public to pay to come along and lend any gear they might have then you'd think that you've narrowed down their whereabouts a bit.

In general I'm having trouble understanding why any devoted and resourceful group wouldn't be able to locate and identify sasquatches if they put their minds to it. A 7-10 ft giant bipedal hominid inhabiting high density pockets from Alaska to the Florida panhandle in numbers sufficient to sustain a healthy breeding population and often reported should have been identified at some point in the last 200 years. 84 species of mammal in NA and you think in the process of cataloguing that list one of the biggest that seems to be reported from wherever there seems to be sufficient cover would be found. As I've said elsewhere I'm also at a loss to understand why any previous or ongoing studies being conducted in BF habitat has failed to identify these creatures. Indeed it seems that as Skookum Meadow is by no means little known amongst those with an interest in sasquatch you'd think we'd have seen something of substance in terms of reliable evidence by now.

OK, next question:

Why, in your opinion, has none of these areas of high activity yielded anything in the way of reliable evidence?

Please let me know if you have a question in return. Thanks.
I apologize in advance that I am not in the greatest mood this morning. The ceiling in our newly remodeled bathroom sprung a major leak overnight and it an't pretty...

A) The BFRO is never going to find anything during their expeditions because that isn't why they are there. They neither educate nor attempt to give participants any instructions on even carrying a camera with them (cause that interferes with them opening their minds and "feeling" if bigfoot is there.

B) I can only address the PNW because that is where my knowledge/experience is (and we've already discussed my thoughts about the rest of the US). Based on the millions of acres within the PNW (BLM, FS, PS, Tribal, etc.), it's extraordinarily hard to find 2,000 of anything in that vast of a space (assuming 2,000 is a reasonable population size). I realize that it's a catch 22 that you can't have it both ways; clearly if sighting reports are to be believed they are seen and therefore some amount of evidence could be collected. I think there are multiple issues - 1) there are plenty of idiots out there claiming to be looking for evidence who wouldn't recognize anything of value if it hit them in the face; 2) those that do have some skills are limited by time, money, and location. Of course I have already stated that there has been intriguing data retrieved, but clearly, without doubt, more is needed. I believe if some very serious long term research were funded, it would answer the question (for most) one way or another.
Hairy Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:14 AM   #2066
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
I'm assuming when you say east of the Mississippi that you are including the headwaters as well, so here is a list for your use. The list is not all there is, just what picked out quickly from a list of several hundred:...
Hairy Man, why stop there? Why not an expansive global list of various cultures words for something amounting to big monster men? Is it because if you confine it to NA native cultures it makes bigfoot more believable and if you expand it it does the opposite?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:15 AM   #2067
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by Huntster View Post
With great apprehension.



Bears are known dangers.

Bipedal apes?

Great minds like that of Mad Horn insist they don't exist. Even the Fish and Game Dept. don't list them in their regs.

Shooting one is a freebie. There's no need to risk life or limb tracking a wounded one, because "they don't exist", right?
Ok but they still follow them right Fudd? That was the question.

People follow all kinds of large dangerous injured critters all the time. Bigfoot Fan tries to sell us on this....No man would ever follow an injured Bigfeetsus if they valued their life take as if Bigfeetsus is superhumanly scary or soemthing.

To me it's yet another convenient excuse as to why Bigfoot Nation doesn't have a body yet.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:16 AM   #2068
Huntster
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,798
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
....What do you think of the fact that the Admiralty Island (Tlinglit- Kootznoowoo 'Fortress of the Bear') which has the highest density of brown bears in NA (estimated 1600 bears on the million-acre island), 955,000 acres of federally protected old growth temperate rainforest, and roughly 650 people (mostly in Angoon) also has sasquatch reports?
I think that's significant, especially since Kodiak does not.

I also point out that the reports on Admiralty are few when compared to POW and Revellagigedo.

So:

Revellagigedo/POW = scores of reports
Admiralty = a few reports
Kodiak = no reports

Now, what does that tell you?

Anyway, I don't care if you are an 8ft Gigantofrickinpithecus, would you wanna mess with this bad boy?

Bad to the bone, they are. Nasty critters.
Huntster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:19 AM   #2069
Hairy Man
Scholar
 
Hairy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
Hairy Man already deflated my theory with his list of Eastern Indian Bigfeetsus legends...I did use the words IF and MAYBE while positing about Eastern Bigfeetsus Lore...so I'm ok standing corrected here.
Dude, Hairy Man is a chick!

I can provide the same sort of list for every area of the U.S. However, please note, that just because there is a traditional name for a bigfoot-like creature doesn't mean I believe bigfoot lives there now (or ever did). There are many reasons for stories.
Hairy Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:19 AM   #2070
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,946
Originally Posted by Huntster View Post
I knew you never read Glickman, and I knew that any and all evidence wouldn't change your "mind".
Isn't Glickman the guy that calculated Patty's weight to be 1,957 lbs?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:23 AM   #2071
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,422
Quote:
Isn't Glickman the guy that calculated Patty's weight to be 1,957 lbs?
Shhhhh!
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:25 AM   #2072
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,253
Originally Posted by Huntster View Post
What a report! The detail! And all the good reason people keep quiet about these things.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:26 AM   #2073
Hairy Man
Scholar
 
Hairy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Hairy Man, you're kidding, right? I'm not responsible for how the author of that part of the wikipedia article on the Tlinglit chose their spelling but are you suggesting that they are refering to something other than this?:
Kooshdakhaa and Kushtaka are two separate creatures (or people). They sound similar because both have the word "otter" in them. But in Tlingit, they are separate stories with separate stories. What were discussing yesterday was Kushtaka.
Hairy Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:26 AM   #2074
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
Dude, Hairy Man is a chick!

I can provide the same sort of list for every area of the U.S. However, please note, that just because there is a traditional name for a bigfoot-like creature doesn't mean I believe bigfoot lives there now (or ever did). There are many reasons for stories.
That includes the PNW as well correct?

Oh and sorry about assuming a person with the moniker Hairy Man was a guy.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:27 AM   #2075
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,422
Sasquatch has been shot many times if you accept anecdotal evidence.

The blood and/or bodies never turn up though.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:38 AM   #2076
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
I apologize in advance that I am not in the greatest mood this morning. The ceiling in our newly remodeled bathroom sprung a major leak overnight and it an't pretty...
I used to live in a house on Vancouver Island that would have the most lovely sewage backup floods in the basement every three months or so due to tree roots so I can sympathize.
Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
A) The BFRO is never going to find anything during their expeditions because that isn't why they are there. They neither educate nor attempt to give participants any instructions on even carrying a camera with them (cause that interferes with them opening their minds and "feeling" if bigfoot is there.
It's unclear if you're saying the BFRO isn't there to find anything or the expeditions aren't. IMO that doesn't address why they don't find anything. They were and still claim to be a serious organization devoted to solving the 'mystery'. Even if you excuse the expeditions it doesn't account for the inability of the organization to obtain reliable evidence. No such creatures being there does.
Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
B) I can only address the PNW because that is where my knowledge/experience is (and we've already discussed my thoughts about the rest of the US). Based on the millions of acres within the PNW (BLM, FS, PS, Tribal, etc.), it's extraordinarily hard to find 2,000 of anything in that vast of a space (assuming 2,000 is a reasonable population size). I realize that it's a catch 22 that you can't have it both ways; clearly if sighting reports are to be believed they are seen and therefore some amount of evidence could be collected. I think there are multiple issues - 1) there are plenty of idiots out there claiming to be looking for evidence who wouldn't recognize anything of value if it hit them in the face; 2) those that do have some skills are limited by time, money, and location. Of course I have already stated that there has been intriguing data retrieved, but clearly, without doubt, more is needed. I believe if some very serious long term research were funded, it would answer the question (for most) one way or another.
Respectfully, Hairy Man, if you can only address the PNW in terms of sasquatch than I don't understand how you can be so certain that real creatures or the most likely explanation. As I said, you can't have the bigfoot phenomenom and speak only of the PNW.

Next question for the Q&A:

What do you think is the most likely cause for the completely widespread nature of the bigfoot phenomenom?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:39 AM   #2077
Hairy Man
Scholar
 
Hairy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Hairy Man, why stop there? Why not an expansive global list of various cultures words for something amounting to big monster men? Is it because if you confine it to NA native cultures it makes bigfoot more believable and if you expand it it does the opposite?
I'm not particularly sure why the fact that NA's have bigfoots in their traditional stories is giving everyone such heartburn. They also have bigfoots in basket designs, songs, and rock art (most famously the Hairy Man pictographs in California). As an anthropologist, I find it very intriguing because there are only two choices: either these animals are real, hence why the stories are so widespread OR its completely mythical and then why are the stories so widespread? At no point have I ever stated that these stories are evidence that bigfoot is real; but they are intriguing and worthy of study.
Hairy Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:40 AM   #2078
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,253
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Please forgive the following minor pseudo-meltdown:

Bigfoot is on Admiralty Island, bigfoot is on Rhode Island. Bigfoot is in Iowa, bigfoot is in New Jersey.

Why the #$%& can anyone think that this is anything other than human behaviour?!

Sorry, but it's a little boggling sometimes.
New Jersey has the Pine Barrens, Rhode Island the Great Swamp......even Iowa has wilderness.

"There are beautiful forests with evergreens and oaks so tall and old, giving way to a grassy plain with a river meandering slowly through it. In the morning the sun rises in many colors and a slight fog covers the land. In another part there are caves with beautiful limestone formations that range in color from pure white to a deep red. They are nestled into a lush, green forest with all kinds of flourishing plants and animals. There is a stream peacefully running through the hills. It cascades into a gigantic cavern with the biggest formations of all. The stream flows deep into the cave, eventually disappearing into the ground. These may seem like a fantasy, but they are very real. Places like these are scattered across Iowa. Places like Chichaqua, Makoqueta Caves, Eagle Cave and Yellow Banks. There are many more."

http://www.uiowa.edu/~ipops/wildiowa...jectdigman.htm

Admiralty Island has a national monument in a national forest:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r10/tongass/districts/admiralty/

Brown Bears, too.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:41 AM   #2079
Hairy Man
Scholar
 
Hairy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
That includes the PNW as well correct?

Oh and sorry about assuming a person with the moniker Hairy Man was a guy.
Of course.

That's what you get for assuming anything...just like I don't assume that you really look like Rob Zombie or are truly mad.
Hairy Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2007, 10:45 AM   #2080
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon
 
Mad Hom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
Originally Posted by Hairy Man View Post
I'm not particularly sure why the fact that NA's have bigfoots in their traditional stories is giving everyone such heartburn. They also have bigfoots in basket designs, songs, and rock art (most famously the Hairy Man pictographs in California). As an anthropologist, I find it very intriguing because there are only two choices: either these animals are real, hence why the stories are so widespread OR its completely mythical and then why are the stories so widespread? At no point have I ever stated that these stories are evidence that bigfoot is real; but they are intriguing and worthy of study.
No heartburn here...it's just that Fudster seems to be trying to say that because Native Americans on Kodiak Island don't have any stories about wild hairy men in their lore and subsequently no Bigfeetsus sightings yet PWI does and does that that is somehow signifigant.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.