IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th December 2007, 10:42 PM   #1
XenaWarriorPrincess
Scholar

Foxed Out

http://www.livevideo.com/video/socia...out-part1.aspx

http://www.livevideo.com/video/socia...reloaded-.aspx

Last edited by XenaWarriorPrincess; 8th December 2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: why can't I embed videos?
XenaWarriorPrincess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 10:48 PM   #2
maxpower1227
Graduate Poster

Old 8th December 2007, 10:48 PM   #3
Gazpacho
Master Poster

I've never seen the city of New York except in MSM footage. How can I be sure it exists?
Gazpacho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 10:51 PM   #4
XenaWarriorPrincess
Scholar

Come on...

This is a good video.

I expected more from you guys.
XenaWarriorPrincess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Ah, I didn't know Xena was one of these people. How sad. Off to ignore she goes.
Old 8th December 2007, 10:53 PM   #6
XenaWarriorPrincess
Scholar

[Merged]Xena's no plane threads

http://www.livevideo.com/video/gengh...ut-part-1.aspx

http://www.livevideo.com/video/gengh...ut-part-2.aspx
Old 8th December 2007, 10:53 PM   #7
Totovader
Game Warden

Originally Posted by XenaWarriorPrincess View Post
Come on...

This is a good video.

I expected more from you guys.
When you provide no argument, this is all you deserve.

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 10:54 PM   #8
Totovader
Game Warden

Reported for spamming.

You need to stop this.

Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 10:57 PM   #9
PixyMisa
Persnickety Insect

Well, I'm convinced. Fox News is an inside job!
Old 8th December 2007, 10:58 PM   #10
Plantfoam
Thinker

Good job...way to take audio clips from the initial confusion and then use that confusion as "proof" that there were no planes. Genius.

Also, why do these videos always start out with quotes from Hitler or Goerring?

I guess it doesn't surprise me.
Plantfoam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 10:59 PM   #11
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

All I can say from a quick view of the start of it is the point at 7:21 about the skyline uses two completely different camera angles. The second angle was taken from a higher elevation than the first and is looking in a different direction.

This negates the idea that the background should have necessarily been visible in the 9/11 camera shot.

I like the caption given to the video:

"IT'S CASE CLOSED FOR 9/11 TV FAKERY. I WILL NOW CONFIDENTLY STATE IT IS UTTERLY UNDISPROVABLE"

Undisprovable? Is that a word?
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:01 PM   #12
boloboffin

boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:02 PM   #13
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
It's a perfectly cromulent word.

Shameless plug for my website:
Digging Apollo - Excavating the digital archaeology of the Apollo program.
qarnos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:02 PM   #14
PixyMisa
Persnickety Insect

Old 8th December 2007, 11:03 PM   #15
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

It is poor form to post links to videos without any comment or explanation whatsoever of what they are about.

So, what are these videos about and what is your take on them?
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:03 PM   #16
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Originally Posted by qarnos View Post
Originally Posted by PixyMisa View Post

OK, that's funny.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:04 PM   #17
Plantfoam
Thinker

All I can say from a quick view of the start of it is the point at 7:21 about the skyline uses two completely different camera angles. The second angle was taken from a higher elevation than the first and is looking in a different direction.

This negates the idea that the background should have necessarily been visible in the 9/11 camera shot.

I like the caption given to the video:

"IT'S CASE CLOSED FOR 9/11 TV FAKERY. I WILL NOW CONFIDENTLY STATE IT IS UTTERLY UNDISPROVABLE"

Maybe? I'm confuddled.

In general, it seems as if no-planers have difficulty accepting that light from different angles has inherently different qualities.

*blocks out the sun with hand* Oh noes, my hand is black now!!
Plantfoam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:04 PM   #18
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

I had to go look up what cromulent meant... and now a new word has entered my vocabulary!
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:06 PM   #19
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Ha! I winz!

Shameless plug for my website:
Digging Apollo - Excavating the digital archaeology of the Apollo program.
qarnos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:06 PM   #20
XenaWarriorPrincess
Scholar

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Ah, I didn't know Xena was one of these people. How sad. Off to ignore she goes.
Mark Roberts.... what do you mean "one of these people"?

I am a person too....
Old 8th December 2007, 11:07 PM   #21
fromdownunder
Philosopher

OK, Xena we have evidence of your ability to post links. How about evidence that you can use a keyboard for other purposes - like putting a case. Oh, wait.
Edited by tim:  Please refrain from personal insults.

Norm

Last edited by tim; 9th December 2007 at 05:33 AM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:10 PM   #22
XenaWarriorPrincess
Scholar

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
It is poor form to post links to videos without any comment or explanation whatsoever of what they are about.

So, what are these videos about and what is your take on them?
It is??? Poor form???

Is there a link that explains proper JREF forum etiquette?
Old 8th December 2007, 11:10 PM   #23
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

I believe he is referring to "no planers," that is, folks who think no aircraft hit the WTC towers and that all the video footage was faked, and that all the eyewitnesses were mistaken - or fooled - or something (explaining away the many eyewitnesses has always been problematic for no planers).

Last edited by Corsair 115; 8th December 2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:11 PM   #24
PixyMisa
Persnickety Insect

Ha! I winz!
Pppptp!
Old 8th December 2007, 11:11 PM   #25
Coffee
Caffeine Pusher

I am a person too....
You're a person he has put on ignore therefore a response from him may not be forthcoming. Get it?
Old 8th December 2007, 11:13 PM   #26
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

Failpost.

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:13 PM   #27
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

It is??? Poor form???

Is there a link that explains proper JREF forum etiquette?
I think this would fall under the term "common courtesy." It's just courteous to let folks know what a link contains so they have some idea if it's something they want to follow or not.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:16 PM   #28
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
LOLz

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:22 PM   #29
Coffee
Caffeine Pusher

I think this would fall under the term "common courtesy." It's just courteous to let folks know what a link contains so they have some idea if it's something they want to follow or not.
Exactly.

Example: If someone posts a video of two lepers wrestling naked in vanilla pudding, people would like to know that before they clicked the link. I mean something like that shouldn't be a surprise.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:27 PM   #30
XenaWarriorPrincess
Scholar

Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
You're a person he has put on ignore therefore a response from him may not be forthcoming. Get it?
No... I don't get it. Can you explain this to me Coffee. Why would he put me on ignore? Is Mark Roberts unable to debunk no plane theory or tv fakery???
Old 8th December 2007, 11:31 PM   #31
Totovader
Game Warden

Can I just point out that the "no plane theory" and "tv fakery" debunks itself?

Typical conspiracist credo, however: if someone ignores me, it's because I'm on to something.

Tell me, Xena- how do you know the difference between someone ignoring you because you're bat-poo deranged, and someone ignoring you because they're oh-so-scared of your intelligence?

Posting a bunch of links is supposed to be threatening, right?

Old 8th December 2007, 11:33 PM   #32
~enigma~
Banned

No... I don't get it. Can you explain this to me Coffee. Why would he put me on ignore? Is Mark Roberts unable to debunk no plane theory or tv fakery???
Mark Roberts doesn't want to waste his time and neither do I because all the people that believe no planes hit the wtc are more crazy than a long ton of guano and the most disrespectful and insensitive bunch of idiots in existance. Welcome to ignore from me also.
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:33 PM   #33
Hokulele

No planes have been discussed in these threads:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...php/no-planes/

and these:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...hp/no-planers/

these:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...php/no-planer/

and this:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com....php/no-plane/

And the TV nonsense has been discussed to death in these:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=88695
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=82280

After reading through this material, let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:39 PM   #34
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

You do realize, Hokulele, that Xena won't read any of those links.

It's inconvenient and damaging to the Troofer mind to read such things.

- Ian Faith
Old 8th December 2007, 11:40 PM   #35
Hokulele

Originally Posted by Good Lt View Post
You do realize, Hokulele, that Xena won't read any of those links.

It's inconvenient and damaging to the Troofer mind to read such things.

What can I say, I'm bored. Maybe this will be helpful for someone who hasn't seen this rubbish before.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:41 PM   #36
Coffee
Caffeine Pusher

I cannot speak for Mark Roberts as I do not know him, therefore I will not assume to speculate on the reason why he has you on ignore. Also I cannot vouch for what he can or cannot debunk. I can only tell you that he has put you on ignore because he stated as much in this very thread. I was merely pointing out to you that you should not expect a reply from him that is all.
Old 8th December 2007, 11:48 PM   #37
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Is Mark Roberts unable to debunk no plane theory or tv fakery???
Here's a thought experiment. I'm not going to respond to your no-planer conspiracy fantasies because they are so ludicrous that they do not merit serious attention.

THAT MUST LOGICALLY MEAN I CAN'T DEBUNK THE NO-PLANERS!!! OH NOES!!!2

That's how it works, no?

- Ian Faith
Old 8th December 2007, 11:51 PM   #38
tomwaits
Master Poster

For God's sake, Xena, you are unhealthily obsessed with Mark Roberts. Perhaps you should discuss this with your shrink?
tomwaits is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:57 PM   #39
joobz
Tergiversator

I think we have another problem here. Please note the time stamps of these two posts.

They are both at 1:02am EST.

Now, how can the EXACT SAME POST, come up at the EXACT SAME TIME, from two different people?!?!?!
I think the secret is in the screen names
now, qarnos is an anogram for "Roq ons" or "Rock ons!"
While PixyMisa is obviously a subtle change from "PixyMesa"
Pixy implies little.
Mesa is a geological formation.

from dictionary.com
Originally Posted by MEsa
land formation, less extensive than a plateau, having steep walls and a relatively flat top and common in arid and semiarid parts of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico
Now, what little mesa do we all know of?
The Mash Patato scene from Close encounters of a third kind.

So we have here is a coded message to
"Rock Ons the mashed Patatoes"

I think we all must be willing to accept the very real possibility that
qarnos and PixyMisa are, in fact, Aleins trying to cover up 9/11.
"Perhaps one reason per capita GDP is lower in UHC countries is because they've tried to prevent this important function [bankrupting the sick] and thus carry forward considerable economic dead wood?"-BeAChooser
joobz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2007, 11:59 PM   #40
Arus808
Philosopher

I ask that we stop responding to truthers, who refuse to learn, and rather just come here to stir the @#$%

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories