ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 24th April 2008, 10:34 AM   #81
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
Wait....so Gary got beat up but that lady didn't get her camera in time to film it?

We all know what that means according to twoofer logic.

No video = no beating. Sorry kids.
Take it easy on her. She was proberly a bigfoot hunter - as we all know they are required by bigfoot law to keep their cameras out of reach at all times.

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 10:39 AM   #82
Arus808
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The New York Post has details on the WAC-job arrested for assault.

(bolding added for emphasis)

Wow. I got a hunch German Talis is going to be having a tossed salad or two in prison.

truly disgusting. And the WeAreMorons wants to "defend" aginst this?

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 10:49 AM   #83
Philosopher

How many times was that woman going to say "GARY"? Gary, Gray Gary.

Man, did Gary ever get owned by that Secret Service agent. Gary could not even speak, other than to mumble "something something...rights...mumble."

And then Gary got arrested for getting into a fight with a bystander?

And all so that Gary could yell at the Bush girls?

Nice, Twoofers, scraping the bottom of the barrel again.
16.5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 10:56 AM   #84
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by HENTAI DOUKYUSEI JP View Post
Where is LASHL when you need her?
lash should email them and say "hello, i'm a lawyer, you guys are guilty as hell"

Wow. I got a hunch German Talis is going to be having a tossed salad or two in prison.
so wait, is german talis gary? or were 3 truthers arrested? prison planet says gary and matt lepacek were arrested
Old 24th April 2008, 11:02 AM   #85
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
lash should email them and say "hello, i'm a lawyer, you guys are guilty as hell"

so wait, is german talis gary? or were 3 truthers arrested? prison planet says gary and matt lepacek were arrested
German = Gary
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:03 AM   #86
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Oh my dog.

Throw the book at the M-----f------.

That is just so far past reprehensible that the light from reprehensible takes 70 years to get there.
Old 24th April 2008, 11:03 AM   #87
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

Impossible! I am certain that if this happened it would have been mentioned in the video...

Right?

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:05 AM   #88
Bobert
Government Loyalist

WOW!
JUST WOW!
I wonder how the truth movement will explain this away?
The family is NWO plants?
Hitting someone in a wheel chair?
Looks like AJ cries for assistance with his legal defenxe will go unheard, I doubt any lawyer will want to touch that one.
I wouldnt be surprised at all if he ends up doing jail time over this.
DONT DROP THE SOAP!
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:11 AM   #89
Bobert
Government Loyalist

This outta be interesting to see this thread develoop.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/LooseChange.../229555/1/#new
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:15 AM   #90
Pardalis
Banned

The idiots at wearechange keep calling themselves activists and/or reporters...

They really should make up their minds.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:22 AM   #91
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
This outta be interesting to see this thread develoop.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/LooseChange.../229555/1/#new
apparently theyve already decided the NY Post is wrong/lying
Old 24th April 2008, 11:24 AM   #92
Bobert
Government Loyalist

LOL
JFK is already calling BS on Gary hitting this poor girl.
I think that this is quadrupile collaborated JFK!
Gary's fists were flying north!!!
Old 24th April 2008, 11:25 AM   #93
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Originally Posted by NY Post
A man heckling First Lady Laura Bush and daughter Jenna outside the 92nd Street Y was arrested after he punched a wheelchair-bound girl whose parents had told him to shut up, authorities said yesterday.
Ah. My query is answered. And it turns out that Gary started the physical aspects. Figures, huh?

And the son of a bitch hit a wheelchair bound person to boot. I swear, that's beyond pathetic. Not the parents, Gary went after the daughter. No wonder the dad beat on him. I would've too.

This just proves that the shortest way to the truth is to take the opposite of what a truther says. I wish someone would've gotten photos or video of the altercations; it would be total justice to mix the truther's audio track from that PrisonPlanet YouTube post with video of Gary's altercation with the Lovetros, then post it for all to see.

I hope the Lovetros pursue charges against him, just to show that this case isn't about some brave person excercising freedom of speech, but rather about a genuine assault committed by a self centered jerk.
"... my favorite meal is grilled filet of spherical cow of uniform density ... with a side of mashed potatoes of indeterminate volume, peas arranged in an optimal packing configuration, and a glass of ideal fluid." (PhysicsForums)
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:26 AM   #94
Bobert
Government Loyalist

That sure was quick!
Maybe they can top themselves and at their next protest they can beat up someones seeing eye dog.
Old 24th April 2008, 11:27 AM   #95
Pardalis
Banned

The guy talking to the secret service has a rather slow speech pattern...

Could he be...?

Last edited by Pardalis; 24th April 2008 at 11:28 AM.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:38 AM   #96
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

I'd have a lot easier time mocking that if it was still Monday and I trusted the NY Post any further than I could throw a copy.

Still, in the battle of the douches the Post is a hair less smelly than WeAreRetarded.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet

Last edited by Drudgewire; 24th April 2008 at 11:39 AM.
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:40 AM   #97
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post

Could he be...?
Yes, but among the We Are Change crowd he's considered quite the intellectual.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:50 AM   #98
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
LOL
JFK is already calling BS on Gary hitting this poor girl.
I think that this is quadrupile collaborated JFK!
Gary's fists were flying north!!!
But... But... Which side of the Citgo was he on? And how do we KNOW it was his fists? Were there any serial numbers of the debris? Or was there NO DEBRIS? A clear cover-up!!!1111!111!eleventy!!!
Old 24th April 2008, 11:55 AM   #99
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

God, now the truthers are doing imitations of Richard Widmark as Tommy Udo in "Kiss Of Death",where Widmark,in one of the first really shocking scenes of violence in film history, pushed a woman in a wheelchair downstairs while laughing.
Nice going, guys,nice going.
You know,it never fails. Just when you think the Truthers can't find a way to get any more disgusting or any more stupid, they surprise you.
Somehow I think the judges are not going to go light on this guy.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:56 AM   #100
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I agree the NY Post is not the most reliable of sources, but something tells me they would not drop the ball on something like this.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 11:59 AM   #101
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 12:34 PM   #102
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post

Could he be...?
I noticed that too...he seems a few edits short of a final cut...it's probably from all the marijuana.
Old 24th April 2008, 12:45 PM   #103
MikeyMetz
Scholar

The WAC-jobs just posted a response on their site:

Quote:
Both articles depict Gary as a heartless villain, attacking a handicapped girl—all of which is the furthest from the truth. Gary did not and has never lifted a hand toward any citizen, as confirmed by all witnesses.
As you might have guessed, it's denial central. What I find funny is that if the WAC-bags are actually telling the truth, they are now the victims of the same baseless accusations and slander that they are so fond of using on others.
MikeyMetz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 12:51 PM   #104
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

Haha

What a dumb butt JFK is.

The New York Post is "spin"? But the WeAreChumps video is NOT "spin"?

"Eyewitness corroboration" doesn't seem so final NOW, does it JFK?

No, you only hear the eyewitness testimony you want to hear.

Blaming the government for murder on 9/11 AND advocating violence against the handicapped. Not to mention against Secret Service agents.

We salute you boys and girls of Loser Chumps.

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo

Last edited by 1337m4n; 24th April 2008 at 12:52 PM.
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 12:53 PM   #105
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

OK, so let me get this straight -- Gary, this brave freedom fighter, proud son of the 9/11 Truth Movement, courageously and with no thought to his own safety, punched a girl in a wheelchair with cerebral palsy. Just so we can appreciate the full magnitude of the event, let's take that one frame at a time.

Punched.
A girl.
In a wheelchair.
With cerebral palsy.

And this worthy gentleman is immediately rallied around by Truthers, who deem him deserving of pro bono legal advice, not just to defend himself against these obviously spurious charges, but in fact to pursue legal action against the NYPD itself, who had the temerity to inconvenience this paragon of manliness and heroism by arresting him just because he (let's say it together this time)...punched...a girl...in a wheelchair...with cerebral palsy.

All you truther posters out there, those of you so conspicuous by your absence thus far in this thread -- is this "man" your hero? Is he whom you hope and aspire to be? Are you proud to share the same cause with him? Seriously, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Can any of you offer even a shred of justification for Gary's actions, any reason at all why he shouldn't be universally reviled as an example of the worst kind of despicable vermin society can spew up? I'm excluding Dictator Cheney, whom I suspect would readily condemn this as the act of a diseased, disgusting lunatic. But the rest of you, have you nothing to say on the matter?
Old 24th April 2008, 12:55 PM   #106
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

This should make Dictator Cheney really,really,think about the company he is keeping.
Old 24th April 2008, 12:57 PM   #107
MikeyMetz
Scholar

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post

All you truther posters out there, those of you so conspicuous by your absence thus far in this thread -- is this "man" your hero?
The reason the truthers haven't responded to this either here or at LCF is because Alex Jones has yet to issue a statement instructing them how to perceive this matter.
MikeyMetz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 01:05 PM   #108
Minadin
Hiding his Head in the Sane

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
I'd have a lot easier time mocking that if it was still Monday and I trusted the NY Post any further than I could throw a copy.

Still, in the battle of the douches the Post is a hair less smelly than WeAreRetarded.
This is one of my questions as well - how reliable is the New York Post? I don't read it myself but I have heard folks compare it with Fox News. The accounts are so vastly different between both sides of the story here as to make me wonder if there isn't some embellishment going on, both ways. The headline seems a bit sensationalist.

They do seem to have directly interviewed the family involved, but I would be interested in seeing other accounts as well.

Support the democratic freedom of the people of Iran.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 01:07 PM   #109
SpaceMonkeyZero
Graduate Poster

So this guy beats up a handicapped girl in a wheelchair and then claims he was arrested for no reason?

Seriously truthers... GROW UP.
"NOBODY expects the Truther Movement! Our chief weapon is speculation, speculation and conjecture, conjecture and speculation. Our two weapons are conjecture and speculation, and youtube videos. Our *three* weapons are conjecture, speculation, and youtube videos, and an almost fanatical devotion to the "Truth". Our *four*. No. *Amongst* our weapons. Amongst our weaponry, are such elements as conjecture, speculation."
SpaceMonkeyZero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 01:08 PM   #110
SpaceMonkeyZero
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
This is one of my questions as well - how reliable is the New York Post? I don't read it myself but I have heard folks compare it with Fox News. The accounts are so vastly different between both sides of the story here as to make me wonder if there isn't some embellishment going on, both ways. The headline seems a bit sensationalist.

They do seem to have directly interviewed the family involved, but I would be interested in seeing other accounts as well.
They may be sensationalist in their writing, but they don't outright lie about actions that happened.
"NOBODY expects the Truther Movement! Our chief weapon is speculation, speculation and conjecture, conjecture and speculation. Our two weapons are conjecture and speculation, and youtube videos. Our *three* weapons are conjecture, speculation, and youtube videos, and an almost fanatical devotion to the "Truth". Our *four*. No. *Amongst* our weapons. Amongst our weaponry, are such elements as conjecture, speculation."

Last edited by SpaceMonkeyZero; 24th April 2008 at 01:08 PM.
SpaceMonkeyZero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 01:09 PM   #111
Viper Daimao
Critical Thinker

Video has been taken down.
Viper Daimao is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 01:13 PM   #112
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Hahahahaha, "German Talis" is quite the blogosphere sensation today... as simply googling his name will prove.

Something tells me this isn't the attention he was looking for though. "Jagoff" is pretty much the nicest word used to describe him out of all the results on the first page.

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkeyZero View Post
They may be sensationalist in their writing, but they don't outright lie about actions that happened.
As my link shows, it's starting to look like they're not above lying about (or at least not bothering to verify) things that didn't happen though.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."

Last edited by Drudgewire; 24th April 2008 at 01:14 PM.
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 01:14 PM   #113
MikeyMetz
Scholar

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post

Upon watching the YouTube video again, I find it a little odd how the woman who was corroborating Gary's story kept bringing up the girl in the wheelchair, saying something along the lines of, "I can't believe this man attacked Gary right in front of his daughter in a wheelchair." As sinister as we'd like to paint the WAC-jobs, it seems a little out there that this woman would blatantly lie like that after just witnessing Gary attack her.

Still, both sides are using this poor girl in a wheelchair to justify their side of the story. Perhaps Gary told the girl to shut up, or perhaps he was merely trying to put a Hitler moustache on the girl, and her father took offense. Whatever the case, I think we're seeing the two extreme sides of the argument, much like we'd see after a car accident that no one witnessed, or something to that effect.
Old 24th April 2008, 01:15 PM   #114
SpaceMonkeyZero
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
Hahahahaha, "German Talis" is quite the blogosphere sensation today... as simply googling his name will prove.

Something tells me this isn't the attention he was looking for though. "Jagoff" is pretty much the nicest word used to describe him out of all the results on the first page.

As my link shows, it's starting to look like they're not above lying about (or at least not bothering to verify) things that didn't happen though.
The post is reporting on what the parents of the kid in the wheelchair stated.

ANd isn't your link concerning Page 6 material? The Gossip page? You know... the fake news?

Last edited by SpaceMonkeyZero; 24th April 2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 24th April 2008, 01:16 PM   #115
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I am no fan of the Post, but agree they would not make a charge like this unless they had the proof to back it up.
And anyway,shouting obscenities at people is not a brilliant way to get your point across.
Old 24th April 2008, 01:19 PM   #116
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by MikeyMetz View Post
As sinister as we'd like to paint the WAC-jobs, it seems a little out there that this woman would blatantly lie like that after just witnessing Gary attack her.
Welcome to the truth movement. We have pie in the back.*

*not really, but please buy this DVD. It's just as good.
Old 24th April 2008, 01:25 PM   #117
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkeyZero View Post
ANd isn't your link concerning Page 6 material? The Gossip page? You know... the fake news?
It's gossip. It's still a story that could have been verified one way or the other with a simple call to either of the people named in the story. It's also reported as fact, not as "we're hearing there may be a tape."

Oh, and of course it quotes someone who sounds like he's giving a first-hand account. Good thing someone RESEMBLING a journalist got around to asking to the guy providing the story if he'd actually seen it... which of course he hadn't.

When page 6 starts calling themselves a parody site they can print fake news. When they're part of the NY Post NEWSpaper they better be clear they're reporting on an unconfirmed rumor. They didn't.

But I continue on I'll be going wildly off-topic and wind up breaking rule 10 about 70 times. I'm still giving the Post the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Old 24th April 2008, 01:26 PM   #118
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by MikeyMetz View Post
Upon watching the YouTube video again, I find it a little odd how the woman who was corroborating Gary's story kept bringing up the girl in the wheelchair, saying something along the lines of, "I can't believe this man attacked Gary right in front of his daughter in a wheelchair." As sinister as we'd like to paint the WAC-jobs, it seems a little out there that this woman would blatantly lie like that after just witnessing Gary attack her.
from what i got out of the video she was across the street when it happened, she said she saw the wheelchair "swirve" and next thing she knows the father is "wailing" on "gary"

which seems to fit with the NY Post story as well

persoanlly i would be surprised (not THAT surprised, but still surprised) if hitting the girl was entirely unprovoked, its possible she said something to him, or to her father about him, its also possible he didnt "punch" her per se, but im sure there were enough witnesses to find out the truth, and the fact that the police arrested him for assault (and apparently released the father after taking down info/photograph) also fits with the NY Post story (at least to the point that he assaulted the girl)
Old 24th April 2008, 01:34 PM   #119
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

I'm certainly willing to let "Gary" have his day in court before I pass judgement. And something tells me the old adage "There's three sides to every story: Your side, my side, and the truth" will apply here.

While I find it a tad difficult to believe that someone would just all of a sudden physically attack a wheelchair-bound person, I think there's definitely enough in the video to indicate that the CTers in question behaved inappropriately.

I'll be curious to see how this all plays out.

On a side note, I think it would be a lot of fun to follow this Gary person around shouting things like "Handicap Basher!" and ask him why he likes beating up on little girls in wheelchairs. You know, just basically use the same standards of evidence and methods that he does.

Click here to have it restored.

Or here.

Last edited by johnny karate; 24th April 2008 at 01:36 PM.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2008, 01:38 PM   #120
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Also, a legal question (Lash, I'm looking at you!): Can the DA's office subpoena that video to be used in the case against Gary? One thing I do find suspicious is the fact that a great big chunk including the incident in question are missing from the version that was presented on the CTer sites.

Click here to have it restored.

Or here.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories