ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags shenanigans , pub , philadelphia , meet up , foreigners , beer

Old 25th May 2008, 04:18 AM   #1
exarch
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Philadelphia, Friday the 13th (of June)

For those interested in a night out to a pub/bar in Philadelphia with fellow skeptics (or interested in meeting me), I'll be arriving in Philadelphia on Friday the 13th (the weekend before TAM6), staying for the weekend hoping to see some interesting stuff, and departing for TAM the next Tuesday.

I think as skeptics we should be able to do something interesting with the whole superstitious angle concerning Friday the 13th though ...

of course, any ideas or suggestions for stuff to do and/or see during the rest of the weekend are welcome as well.
exarch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2008, 04:02 PM   #2
KingMerv00
Penultimate Amazing

I'm in.
KingMerv00 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Boo
Illuminator

*sobs quietly*

Wish I could make it. You two can hug and kiss each other from me.

Boo
Boo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2008, 04:42 PM   #4
exarch

Originally Posted by Boo View Post
You two can hug and kiss each other from me.
Hmm, we better not. We're already sharing a room in Vegas. People will talk. Rumors will spread. Skepchicks will be devastated. Scrut will get jealous.

So many things to consider ...
exarch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2008, 05:11 PM   #5
KingMerv00
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by exarch View Post
Hmm, we better not. We're already sharing a room in Vegas...
Not with that kind of attitude hon.
KingMerv00 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2008, 07:34 PM   #6
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

Originally Posted by exarch View Post
I think as skeptics we should be able to do something interesting with the whole superstitious angle concerning Friday the 13th though ...
You mean, something like this? http://www.margaretdowney.com/save_t...tion_bash_2008
Randi will be there.

Last edited by SkepticScott; 26th May 2008 at 07:35 PM.
SkepticScott is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2008, 07:36 PM   #7
KingMerv00
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SkepticScott View Post
Oh yea. I did that last year. Shermer limboed under a ladder. Not kidding.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:28 AM   #8
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

I've gone to two, flown down when flights were cheaper. I can't make it this year, so someone else will have to wear the wizard costume.

Last edited by SkepticScott; 27th May 2008 at 09:28 AM.
SkepticScott is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2008, 11:07 AM   #9
exarch

Let's check the TAM 4 package for the flyer. Get some costume ideas ...
Old 4th June 2008, 08:25 PM   #10
EverLastingGodStopper
probably lurking

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SkepticScott View Post
You mean, something like this? http://www.margaretdowney.com/save_t...tion_bash_2008
Randi will be there.
There is a little box on the main page of http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/ in the top left corner that says: Upcoming Events 13th June 2008 Anti-Superstition Party but the info in the link does not have the party location posted.

Here is the event info:
Quote:
The Freethought Society of Greater Philadelphia's
Anti-Superstition Bash 2008!
"Friggatriskaidekaphobia Treatment Center"

Friday, June 13, 2008
8:00 PM to Midnight
Radisson Warwick Plaza Hotel
1701 Locust St., Philadelphia

General Admission: $10
Children 13 and under: Free

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR!

If possible, please RSVP to fsgp@freethought.org so we have an idea of expected attendance.

For more information, contact:
Sally Cramer, President
610-430-7719
fsgp@freethought.org
I'm trying to make arrangements to attend. I'll probably have my kids with me if I go to the party.

-Janice
Old 11th June 2008, 07:29 AM   #11
fatewilleatyou
Thinker

I think, I'll show.
I have a Happy Hour to go to first, so I'm not sure what shape I'll be in.
Old 13th June 2008, 10:12 AM   #12
EverLastingGodStopper
probably lurking

Ok, I'm definitely going to the party tonight with my 2 kids (son 12, daughter 10) and a friend from DC. I'm a big brunette with a lot of tattoos, you can't miss me. Come say hi!
Old 13th June 2008, 12:55 PM   #13
EverLastingGodStopper
probably lurking

Ok, I'm definitely not going to the party tonight after all, due to car troubles. Bummer.

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events