IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Reply
Old 8th February 2009, 06:25 PM   #161
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Some dufus buddies for Sweaty's dufus video:

The arms are simply too long and the creature too agile to be a human:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


She's so sincere:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


That's no mangy bear!:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


This what Bigfoot sounds like when he can't get into the can of beans:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Humanoid in the enchanted forest:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Unknown creature:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Romania Bigfoot:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Video taken along Interstate in WI;

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 07:12 PM   #162
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Lori continued running the camcorder, for a minute or so, roughly...searching the wooded area for the subject after it disappeared from view.
She also called what she thought was a guy with a pack on "dickfoot."
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 07:58 PM   #163
TjW
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,097
Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
I don't pretend to any special expertise in video analysis; in fact, I don't have any at all. That said, to my layman's eyes, it's pretty obviously a guy running, wearing a loose-fitting jacket.

Next video.
I'd think a "Ghilly suit" myself, but I suppose it could be a Rastafarian Bigfoot.
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 08:53 PM   #164
SweatyYeti
Master Poster
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,919
Originally Posted by mikeyx View Post
I'm astounded you still milk this subject.

No need to be astounded, mikey....it's an interesting video....with a multiple witness sighting attached to it....and no evidence provided by any skeptics to support an alternate explanation for the lifted object.

Bottom line....there is reason to think this video may be a legitimate Bigfoot video, so, to me, it has value.

Let the analysis continue......
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 8th February 2009 at 08:55 PM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 09:16 PM   #165
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,147
Originally Posted by xblade View Post
Nonsense. Just because details in one video can't be made out doesn't mean every other bigfoot video must also have the same lack of detail....even though most do. In other words, just because only a few disturbed individuals can see rippling muscles on Patty doesn't mean what appears to be a jacket can't be seen on the MDF footage. It's not like he said he could see the zipper on the jacket.

Whatever one "believes" is in the MDF, it sure as heck doesn't look like a bigfoot. Anyone who sees bigfoot there likely sees bigfoot in their cereal.
Hmmm a few disturbed individuals wow what a concept! Actually it was William cuffs observations that are verging on the poetic edge of observation. The resolution of the PGF is light years better than the MDF. I don't see any cuffs, I don't see any hair, I see a BLO "biped like object" and I don't really care one way or the other.
Crowlogic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 11:21 AM   #166
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Moving Sweaty's OT silliness and subsequent schooling here where it belongs:

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
xblade wrote:

Quote:
As a child, the Patterson flick freaked me out.
Thank you very much, xblade......for supporting one of the details surrounding the Mem. Day Video....the kid expressing how he felt, when he said...

"I'm freaked!"

That's exactly how it would feel, especially for a kid, if you think you're about to see an ape-man, live and 'in person'.
Nice try, Desperado. You mean the kid who says "I'm freaked" but it feels more like "I'm stoked." He sounds pretty calm, no? Yes, those words right before we hear "I could make a million bucks" followed by snickering. Followed by the tipsy adults remarking on how much they've had to drink. Then the kid who is scared witless according to Sweaty's implication saying "'kay, I'm going up there." That's not long before we hear "looks like a white boy to me" then "that's a guy with a big pack on his back too."

But it get's better! Then Sweaty's traumatized child says "that's not a Bigfoot" with the same tone Sweaty deserves to hear over and over now followed by tipsy Lori saying "it's a dickfoot." Not only that, then we hear "that's that wall tent up there. Probably where he's going to." The boy then says what seems to be "I wouldn't think Bigfoot is (closer?) than me."

If anybody in all of Bigfootery ever deserved this with his gifs and scribbles 13 years after this most useless piece of "compelling Bigfoot evidence" it is Sweaty...

You earned it big time:



SweatyYeti, true Bigfoot Desperado.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 10th February 2009 at 11:25 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 02:13 PM   #167
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur
 
Skeptical Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Just past ' Resume Speed ' .
Posts: 17,438
Sweaty, if you really want to gather evidence for this, and you think Tom Lines' testimony on LMS is so great - find out where the pictures are that Lines said he took ...
__________________
" The main problem I have with the idea of heaven, is the thought of
spending eternity with most of the people who claim to be going there. "
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:31 PM   #168
SweatyYeti
Master Poster
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,919
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Sweaty, if you really want to gather evidence for this, and you think Tom Lines' testimony on LMS is so great - find out where the pictures are that Lines said he took ...

That's a good idea...I'll look into it.

Do you know if anyone from one of the boards has asked Tom if they could see them?
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 04:47 AM   #169
I Am He
Critical Thinker
 
I Am He's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 258
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Well....there is a significant difference in size, or mass, between an infant primate and a mask......is there not?

The lifted object in the video, to me, appears to be too massive to be a simple mask, or a hood.
One way to tell which object....infant or mask....more closely resembles the lifted object....is to try making a videotape, from the same distance as Lori was from the subject, using the same type of camcorder (Larry told me the make and model number of the camcorder)....of a person dressed in a black suit against a green background (an open hillside, preferably), lifting-up a mask...and then, another video of the subject lifting-up something comparable to an infant, like a stuffed animal, and putting it onto it's shoulders.

One of those will much more closely resemble what the MD Video shows.


BTW...I do have a full unedited version of the video, with soundtrack.

Lori continued running the camcorder, for a minute or so, roughly...searching the wooded area for the subject after it disappeared from view.
Steaty, please read what I asked you:
"Sweaty, you said you were going to continue to analyze the video? You have the original, I presume? Oh, since I last asked about your expertise in this field, you said that you had none. Have you since taken a course? If not, prey tell how are you going to analyze it?"

Did I ask you if you had an unedited copy? All that tap dancing you are doing means nothing unless you have some kind of expertise, so did you or did you not take a course? Thank you.




I Am He
__________________
I see you're playing stupid again, looks like you're winning
I Am He is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2009, 04:00 PM   #170
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
When i first say the memorial day footage, i couldnt stop shaking my head. Its clearly a hoax, and the costume was found. What amazes me is that someone could run pretty fast sweating in an ape suit without tripping, and growing a couple inches taller!
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2009, 04:43 PM   #171
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 4,941
Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
When i first say the memorial day footage, i couldnt stop shaking my head. Its clearly a hoax, and the costume was found. What amazes me is that someone could run pretty fast sweating in an ape suit without tripping, and growing a couple inches taller!
Where and when was the costume found?
__________________
Normal in a weird way.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2009, 10:24 AM   #172
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
When i first say the memorial day footage, i couldnt stop shaking my head. Its clearly a hoax, and the costume was found.
*leans in, listens intently*
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2009, 10:29 AM   #173
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Sweaty, I know you've got your work cut out with so many so many poor arguments being annihilated and so many things to dodge but I'm curious what sidestep you'll have for post #166 when you get the time. Really stupid gif, maybe?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2009, 12:03 PM   #174
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Where and when was the costume found?
That costume they used was the same one i got from party city, only that the one in the film was tighter on the person. When they took off the mask, all of that afro made their height sky rocket
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2009, 12:30 PM   #175
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
That costume they used was the same one i got from party city, only that the one in the film was tighter on the person.
Evidence?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2009, 06:26 PM   #176
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Evidence?
I thought you dont need evidence for a suit?! Lol, glad to see your opening up kitz

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/m...iser/19011.jpg

What you would use is, instead of a mask, you would use a face mask with a hood tightened over it. You would have to find someone large enough to make the suit appear tight
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2009, 07:25 PM   #177
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
I thought you dont need evidence for a suit?! Lol, glad to see your opening up kitz

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/m...iser/19011.jpg
I never claimed the MDF is a suit. You did and that it was found. I asked for evidence and that link is not it.

Quote:
What you would use is, instead of a mask, you would use a face mask with a hood tightened over it. You would have to find someone large enough to make the suit appear tight
I don't know what you're seeing nor do I care. It's not a problem I should fix.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2009, 09:27 PM   #178
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 4,941
Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
I thought you dont need evidence for a suit?! Lol, glad to see your opening up kitz

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/m...iser/19011.jpg

What you would use is, instead of a mask, you would use a face mask with a hood tightened over it. You would have to find someone large enough to make the suit appear tight
But how do you know a similar suit was worn by the kid in the Memorial Day video? The footage is too grainy so see that sort of detail so do you have some inside information regarding the person and the suit?
__________________
Normal in a weird way.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 03:02 AM   #179
wolftrax
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
I'm not resistant to looking at any frames of the MD Video.

There are a couple of frames, right after the lift, in which the subject/lifted object do appear dimmer, or faded, in intensity.
But, right after those 2 or 3 frames, the subject and lifted object become just as dark as they were before.
The reason for that is most likely that the subject passed behind some type of light-colored plant growth, located on the berm (closer in the foreground), that's obscuring the lower half of the subject.


The fact of the matter is....there are 2 separate pieces of evidence, showing definitively, that there was a lifted object, of some kind.

1) The sudden, and very distinct, increase in the subject's height.

and...

2) In ALL of the frames after the lift...the subject's head is shaped differently than it is in ALL of the frames before the lift, from the start of the video.
The reason for this is very simple....there is a lifted object, placed either on the subject's head, or on it's shoulders.

(I think it's an infant placed on the shoulders. http://mail.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/m...mileys2/05.gif )


You can happily ignore these facts, wolftrax, and believe "it's all an illusion", caused by ONE stationary dark spot in the background.....but you're only kidding yourself.
Well, here is the figure going in front of the dark spot, causing it to look like a rise, yet after it passes by that spot it losses that height and it is apparent it was just the dark spot.

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...dpost&p=340091

If you claim that it retains it's height, show the frames in sequence that support this.

I know, it's off topic, but hey, it is Memorial Day!

BTW, Sweaty, are you still holding the belief that the Skookum cast was made by a saquatch?

Last edited by wolftrax; 25th May 2009 at 03:11 AM.
wolftrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 07:06 AM   #180
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,931
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti in the PGF thread
The reason for this is very simple....there is a lifted object, placed either on the subject's head, or on it's shoulders.

(I think it's an infant placed on the shoulders.)

It was about a year ago that I made this crude graphic showing that what Sweaty thinks is an infant on the shoulders - would be much larger than any infant. If it is a Bigfoot sitting on a Bigfoot's shoulder, then the sitter is amazingly large when you plot out the legs dangling off the shoulder.

The image on the left was provided by Sweaty, and mine is on the right. Sweaty had nothing to say about my estimation.

How can that be an infant when it is so damn big?


__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 07:35 AM   #181
SweatyYeti
Master Poster
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,919
Originally Posted by wolftrax View Post
Well, here is the figure going in front of the dark spot, causing it to look like a rise, yet after it passes by that spot it losses that height and it is apparent it was just the dark spot.

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...dpost&p=340091

If you claim that it retains it's height, show the frames in sequence that support this.

I know, it's off topic, but hey, it is Memorial Day!

Here are some frames and animated-gifs of the MD Video...which show something more than just the subject passing by a dark spot in the background...



First, a 2-frame animated-gif showing how the subject grows taller...




And a gif with several frames...showing the object moving upwards as the subject's arm is moving downwards, having just let go of the object...(indicating the object is lifting up under it's own power )...





A frame from after the lift....showing how different the subject's head appears.....radically different from how it looked in all of the video, before the lift...






Movement of the lifted object...







And, last but not least....the whole lift sequence......




The significant things, or movements, that I see in it, are....

1) At the start of the gif....just as the subject is coming back into view, there is a dark mass lifting upwards slightly.
I paused one frame, for a couple of seconds.....where the subject looks odd, with a dark mass above the body, conected to the body by a thin line....






2) Then, immediately after that paused frame, the dark mass moves down slightly...and, then...

3) As the subject takes a couple of steps, there appears to be motion of the object at the subject's head/shoulders area....and, lastly...

4) The sudden, and quick "lift", the increase in the subject's height...





This is how I interpret these 4 movements....

1) I think the infant is being lifted up above the subject's shoulders, at, or slightly above the subject's head.
I think the paused frame with the thin line shows the subject's arm, holding/lifting the infant up.

2) I think the infant is being lowered onto the subject's shoulders.

3) Over the course of a couple of steps, I think the subject is positioning, and steadying, the infant on it's shoulders...

4) Lastly....the sudden, quick lift...as the subject's arm is moving downwards....I think is the infant sitting upright, rather quickly.



If the 'lift' is nothing more than an illusion, caused by one dark spot in the background....then what accounts for ALL the other odd-looking things going on with, and at, the subject's head??????????


So, wolfy....if you want to think this is all the result of ONE dark spot in the background....go right ahead....kid yourself!
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 25th May 2009 at 07:37 AM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 08:05 AM   #182
wolftrax
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182
Most of the images you are posting just show the same sequence over and over again, the "Lift" as you like to call it. We've been through all of this before.

This image shows that what you are interpreting as a "Lift" is the figure passing in front of two dark spots in the background.
http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...=post&id=19259

We can see these spots are there. To further support that this is not a lifting of a child, this drawing shows how the child would be climbing up the figures back, which doesn't make sense:
http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...=post&id=19262

Following that, this random single frame you posted also would indicate that the child is leaning dramatically forwards, yet in reality this would cause the figure to lose it's balance and the child to fall:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MDtipped1c.jpg (66.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by wolftrax; 25th May 2009 at 08:07 AM.
wolftrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 08:07 AM   #183
wolftrax
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182
What is there to show or support that this isn't also some sort of spot on the background? So far the other images are shown to be caused by that.

Also, you made a claim that a lighter patch from the background somehow obscured the gained height right after the figure passed that dark spot in the "Lift". You claimed that it gained that height again later, yet you still have not posted a sequence of frames to support that.
wolftrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 09:01 AM   #184
SweatyYeti
Master Poster
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,919
wolftrax wrote:
Quote:
To further support that this is not a lifting of a child, this drawing shows how the child would be climbing up the figures back

I think the subject picked-up the infant, lifted it up over it's head, and put it down onto it's shoulders...then steadied it over the course of a couple of steps.

(Another little detail: As the subject gets closer to the woods, walking leisurely, only ONE of it's arms can be seen swinging. The explanation which makes the most sense to me, as far as why the other arm cannot be seen swinging, also, is that the subject is using the other hand to hold onto the infant. Hence....as the infant leans over, it doesn't fall off the subject's shoulders. Kinda makes sense.)

That's how I interpret the movements, and shapes that I see in those frames.


You prefer to think that 'spots in the background' are the most likely explanation, to account for all those movements........well, that is good for you, wolftrax!
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 25th May 2009 at 09:32 AM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 09:16 AM   #185
wolftrax
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182
Don't worry about it Vortigern there's a point here that's relevant and then you can get back to your 50 page thread on the PGF, part of a few hundred pages on the same subject.

Sweaty, do you subscribe to MK Davis's claims of Patty falling on all fours when the images are obviously smeared with motion blur?
wolftrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 09:32 AM   #186
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
After examining the footage and the various gifs related to the supposed infant, it occurred to me, independent of any other opinion, that the object in question is a backpack.

Then I came here and read kitakaze's upthread post:

Originally Posted by kitakaze
... the kid [taking the video] who says "I'm freaked" but it feels more like "I'm stoked." He sounds pretty calm, no? Yes, those words right before we hear "I could make a million bucks" followed by snickering. Followed by the tipsy adults remarking on how much they've had to drink. Then the kid who is scared witless according to Sweaty's implication saying "'kay, I'm going up there." That's not long before we hear "looks like a white boy to me" then "that's a guy with a big pack on his back too."

But it get's better! Then Sweaty's traumatized child says "that's not a Bigfoot" with the same tone Sweaty deserves to hear over and over now followed by tipsy Lori saying "it's a dickfoot." Not only that, then we hear "that's that wall tent up there. Probably where he's going to." The boy then says what seems to be "I wouldn't think Bigfoot is (closer?) than me."
My independent opinion, that the object is a backpack, is corroborated by someone who was actually there while the video was being shot. Wow.

Why are we still discussing this absurd video of a guy jogging slowly across a ridge carrying a backpack?
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 10:27 AM   #187
wvbig
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Here are some frames and animated-gifs of the MD Video...which show something more than just the subject passing by a dark spot in the background...



First, a 2-frame animated-gif showing how the subject grows taller...


http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ti/LIFT02a.gif

And a gif with several frames...showing the object moving upwards as the subject's arm is moving downwards, having just let go of the object...(indicating the object is lifting up under it's own power )...


http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...eti/LIFT01.gif


A frame from after the lift....showing how different the subject's head appears.....radically different from how it looked in all of the video, before the lift...


http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...MDtipped1c.jpg



Movement of the lifted object...


http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...i/MDLift15.gif




And, last but not least....the whole lift sequence......

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...eteLift1AA.gif


The significant things, or movements, that I see in it, are....

1) At the start of the gif....just as the subject is coming back into view, there is a dark mass lifting upwards slightly.
I paused one frame, for a couple of seconds.....where the subject looks odd, with a dark mass above the body, conected to the body by a thin line....


http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...rame7lift4.jpg



2) Then, immediately after that paused frame, the dark mass moves down slightly...and, then...

3) As the subject takes a couple of steps, there appears to be motion of the object at the subject's head/shoulders area....and, lastly...

4) The sudden, and quick "lift", the increase in the subject's height...


http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...eteLift1AA.gif


This is how I interpret these 4 movements....

1) I think the infant is being lifted up above the subject's shoulders, at, or slightly above the subject's head.
I think the paused frame with the thin line shows the subject's arm, holding/lifting the infant up.

2) I think the infant is being lowered onto the subject's shoulders.

3) Over the course of a couple of steps, I think the subject is positioning, and steadying, the infant on it's shoulders...

4) Lastly....the sudden, quick lift...as the subject's arm is moving downwards....I think is the infant sitting upright, rather quickly.



If the 'lift' is nothing more than an illusion, caused by one dark spot in the background....then what accounts for ALL the other odd-looking things going on with, and at, the subject's head??????????


So, wolfy....if you want to think this is all the result of ONE dark spot in the background....go right ahead....kid yourself!
I agree that something is being lifted. But what I think that "something" is, is a mask

Last edited by wvbig; 25th May 2009 at 10:33 AM.
wvbig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 11:10 AM   #188
SweatyYeti
Master Poster
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,919
Originally Posted by wolftrax View Post
You get what you give, and if you haven't noticed this thread by far has been more of a sidebar on personality conflicts than the Patterson film, junior.

I agree with wolftrax, Vort.....there's been quite a few more "off topic" posts on this thread.......by skeptics "analysing Sweaty"....than the few posts covering the Memorial Day Video.


The MD Video is, in fact, more 'on-topic'...(at least it concerns Bigfoot)...than the never-ending 'analysis of Sweaty'.
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 01:41 PM   #189
mikeyx
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,568
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
I agree with wolftrax, Vort.....there's been quite a few more "off topic" posts on this thread.......by skeptics "analysing Sweaty"....than the few posts covering the Memorial Day Video.


The MD Video is, in fact, more 'on-topic'...(at least it concerns Bigfoot)...than the never-ending 'analysis of Sweaty'.
whats to analyse other than your obsession with pixelated footage that proves nothing?
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 04:00 PM   #190
wolftrax
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
After examining the footage and the various gifs related to the supposed infant, it occurred to me, independent of any other opinion, that the object in question is a backpack.

Then I came here and read kitakaze's upthread post:



My independent opinion, that the object is a backpack, is corroborated by someone who was actually there while the video was being shot. Wow.

Why are we still discussing this absurd video of a guy jogging slowly across a ridge carrying a backpack?

Gee, you know how not to discuss a subject you dont want to discuss? How about by, I don't know, NOT talking about it?
wolftrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 04:50 PM   #191
xblade
Critical Thinker
 
xblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 464
Quote:
1) I think the infant is being lifted up above the subject's shoulders, at, or slightly above the subject's head. I think the paused frame with the thin line shows the subject's arm, holding/lifting the infant up.
I think it's a boom box. It was a holiday after all, and bigfoot loves his/her music.

Seriously though, that this video is being used as evidence of anything bigfoot-related shows just how desperate the bigfoot community is. Everyone can see clear as day that it's a werewolf.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 05:55 PM   #192
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
Originally Posted by wolftrax View Post
Gee, you know how not to discuss a subject you dont want to discuss? How about by, I don't know, NOT talking about it?
Who said I didn't want to discuss it? I was asking a rhetorical question, to provoke thought on the matter, to impel a reader to consider the value of the so-called evidence. Is it reliable enough to substantiate an on-going discussion? No? Probably not? Then what precisely is the purpose of re-visiting this pixellated, far-distant, could-be-anything footage?

Also, and perhaps more importantly, please get off my back. Thanks.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 07:05 PM   #193
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Who said I didn't want to discuss it? I was asking a rhetorical question, to provoke thought on the matter, to impel a reader to consider the value of the so-called evidence. Is it reliable enough to substantiate an on-going discussion? No? Probably not? Then what precisely is the purpose of re-visiting this pixellated, far-distant, could-be-anything footage?

Also, and perhaps more importantly, please get off my back. Thanks.
I see this from both perspectives that Vort and wolftrax are talking about. As evidence for Bigfoot the MDF is fall-down stupid. It's like treating a kick in the nuts with hot rub cream. It's that stupid. The video itself and the audio makes it glaringly clear that it was not a little Bigfoot was carrying it's baby brother or sister across a field towards a tent in front of throngs of campers.

But this is something that is a major piece of the Bigfoot equation for people like Sweaty. Having it spelled out for him that the people watching didn't really think they were looking at Bigfoot has done nothing to cool down Sweaty's burning hot will to believe. I welcome anybody who wants to engage Sweaty in looking at the pixels. It's a welcome change from his denial about Patty's arms.

BTW, try asking Sweaty if he thinks there are any other videos that he thinks might show Bigfoot with an infant...
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 08:00 PM   #194
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
As evidence for Bigfoot the MDF is fall-down stupid. It's like treating a kick in the nuts with hot rub cream.

Yes, that about sums up my position so far. I welcome anyone who might be able to persuade me otherwise, but as of this moment, having looked at it a few times and examined Mr. Yeti's animated gifs, my mind boggles that it's even on the table for discussion.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 08:37 PM   #195
rockinkt
Master Poster
 
rockinkt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,168
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
[i]
<snip>
my mind boggles that it's even on the table for discussion.

Sort of reminds me of your first unmitigated BS regarding the PGF, Vort.
Your initial juvenile, self-important, and totally unresearched analysis reminds me a lot of Sweaty actually.

You seem to have come around to basing your conclusions on rational thought.
However, you also seem to have lost none of your self-important grandstanding.
Perhaps a little more humility from someone who was so damn wrong and so damned confident about his wildly exaggerated abilities might be in order.
__________________
"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." Steve Earle

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 08:58 PM   #196
SweatyYeti
Master Poster
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,919
There's more to this video than just the video itself....with the unusual 'lift'.

There was a sighting at very close range, by Owen pate....who then told Lori to 'get the camcorder ready'.....who then told her father about Owen's sighting......who then, in turn, years after the fact...sent me this reply to an email of mine......


Quote:
Sony model CCD-F70 video camera recorder. Auto full zoom 8x. Video is super 8. Not sure how old it is except Owen thought that he had purchased it in the mid 80's. Incidentally, the camera has already gone thru quite an extensive testing by Doug Hajicek and his crew at White Wolf Industries out of Minneapolis, Mn.

The subject was 900 feet away but was up the side of a mountain. I saw the area and I would say that there was near a 30 % incline, maybe a bit more. That's 3 football fields and that is a long way. The zoom, however, did pull it in enough to get some details. Maybe not enough to satisfy all the people out their with 'perfect pictures' of what they think that this animal should look like. But, there was enough to raise the hair in back of your neck. Human? I just do not think so. You are talking about someone walking up there just to fool us? And, with a kid? And with a uniform that must have weighed close to 50 pounds? This 'thing' was only 5 foot 3 inches tall, estimated by the forensic team. I had estimated 5 foot 6 inches, allowing for some stoop. Jeff Meldrum claims that in his review of the frame by frame, breasts were noted on the creature. If this really was a young woman up there, s he would have had to weigh around 200 pounds without all of the additional crap that she was carrying. I don't think so. I really think that this was a real female Sasquatch, weighing well over 200 pounds, carrying a child. The frames doNOT indicate that it was a human which later in the run sequence, removed a mask because it was too hot in that uniform. No Way!

But that is only part of the story. Four days earlier another witness, separate from the Memorial Day witnesses, saw a Bigfoot standing behind a 5 foot fence, looking at him. He put his binoculars on him and zoomed in. They looked at each other for about 5 minutes before the creature ducked. The witness estimated that about 2 feet of the creature protruded above the fence. That puts it at seven feet in height. Two hours later it appeared a second time to this witness in a near location. He looked at it with his binoculars for another 2 minutes. This report was not filed with the BFRO site until 11 years after it had occurred. It was filed independently of the MD occurrence. Now, Owen when he had seen the animal he thought that the animal was close to 6 1/2 to 7 feet tall. This did not match the height of the animal on the hill. This confused the Bigfoot researchers because they all thoug ht that it was the same animal. Now all of a sudden, 11 years later we began to realize that Owen was correct in his assessment. What in reality we were looking at was a young Sasquatch family, a male, a young mother, and a child. The location of the earlier sighting was probably less than 100 yards from the Memorial Day sighting.

Now, add to this mix the location of Lake Chopaka itself, and you have one awesome sighting.

I want you to do something else for me.....


Happy Memorial Day!
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 25th May 2009 at 08:59 PM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 09:04 PM   #197
SweatyYeti
Master Poster
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,919
Add this statement by Owen Pate to the mix...

"It came up from behind that bush....and looked me straight in the eye".


Combined with Lori's father's serious interest in Bigfoot, and his daughter's sighting/video event.....you have a Bigfoot sighting, at close range, that's hard to dismiss.
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 09:37 PM   #198
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
Sort of reminds me of your first unmitigated BS regarding the PGF, Vort.
Your initial juvenile, self-important, and totally unresearched analysis reminds me a lot of Sweaty actually.

You seem to have come around to basing your conclusions on rational thought.
However, you also seem to have lost none of your self-important grandstanding.
Perhaps a little more humility from someone who was so damn wrong and so damned confident about his wildly exaggerated abilities might be in order.
WTF? Your excoriation of me is entirely unfounded, sir. I reviewed the footage several times. I examined the animated gifs. Both depict pixellated and largely unidentifiable figures captured on sub-par video equipment from a greater distance and with less resolution than the PGF. I haven't mentioned it, but about a month ago I watched a video in which a runner was hired to try to keep pace with the MDF video subject, who was alleged to be running at superhuman speed; of course, the runner easily outpaced the figure. Unresearched? Unmitigated BS? Who exactly is grandstanding here?
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2009, 01:58 AM   #199
wolftrax
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182
Originally Posted by Vortigern99
Who said I didn't want to discuss it? I was asking a rhetorical question, to provoke thought on the matter, to impel a reader to consider the value of the so-called evidence. Is it reliable enough to substantiate an on-going discussion? No? Probably not? Then what precisely is the purpose of re-visiting this pixellated, far-distant, could-be-anything footage?
Nobody's forcing you to discuss it, if it has no value than don't waste your time. However, do not expect to be the one to decide if others should be talking about it and expect them to follow you blindly. There was a point in bringing it up, and if you can't see it you will later, or not.
wolftrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2009, 05:00 AM   #200
SweatyYeti
Master Poster
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,919
Vort wrote:
Quote:
could-be-anything footage?

That's exactly what this video is NOT....when one considers all of the various details surrounding the video itself..(the lifted object...the object lifting-up after the subject has let go of it, the lifted object appearing to be too massive to be a simple mask, only one of the subject's arm's being visible, and swinging...the lifted object moving, etc.)...and the eyewitness testimonies from Owen Pate, Tom Lines, among others....and Lori's father's sudden interest in Bigfoot...including joining Bigfoot discussion boards, and his email to me.


The folks who like to say "it could be anything" are the folks who don't seem to want to consider, and provide explanations for, all of these important details.


There are, in fact, very, very few explanations which can reasonably, and sensibly, account for all of these various details.

But....a Bigfoot w/infant accounts for all of them, very neatly.
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 26th May 2009 at 05:02 AM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.