ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Bill Baird , james randi , pro-choice , swift

Old 3rd June 2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Tricky
Briefly immortal

Help the Pro-Choice league - SWIFT

This is a copy of a blog in SWIFT. written by James Randi. Though you can comment on it on the SWIFT site as well, for moderated debate, this place is better.
Swift Written by James Randi Wednesday, 03 June 2009 10:24

My good friend Bill Baird – a prominent activist for civil rights – will be on ABC New's Internet program today – Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 – on Nightline's Face Off show. It will be aired live from 12:30 - 1pm and then available at any time online after that.
The Pro-Choice League – Bill’s group – are raising money in order to go to the annual National Right to Life Committee Convention again this year. Bill has attended more right-to-life conventions than most of the anti-abortion side for the past 35 years! They need to raise $2,500 to pay for the trip. The JREF and I, personally, are sending contributions to Bill, and we invite your participation.
Bill Baird is one of my personal heroes. He has sacrificed a lot to promote his cause, and I’ve worked with him since about 1968 or so, when he frequently appeared on my all-night radio show out of NYC. He’s one of the Really Good Guys.
Please try to help, folks. Here’s the link to donate money to Bill's cause through the JREF's PayPal account. You do NOT need to have a PayPal account... they'll accept major credit cards without forcing you to sign up.
Tricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events