ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags child abuse charges , Jonathan Irish , Oath Keepers , Stephanie Janvrin , Stephanie Taylor

Old 10th October 2010, 12:47 PM   #241
SezMe
post-pre-born

Eric: #96 and #179.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 01:25 PM   #242
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Eric: #96 and #179.
To what end? Counting coup?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 03:11 PM   #243
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

Originally Posted by ericsnow View Post
although none of which are actually valid for taking the child.

Seriously?

Seriously?

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 03:16 PM   #244
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
To what end? Counting coup?
Since ericsnow has shown a tendency to post things, and then say they're not his quotes/ideas/thoughts, we'd kinda like to know what his thoughts actually are...
Especially since he keeps repeating them, It'd be nice to know what he considers "facts", so we'll know how to deal with him in the future...
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 05:00 PM   #245
ericsnow
Thinker

Top story on Glenn Beck's site - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/did-...-oath-keepers/

People said they wouldn't give this story credit until it was on mainstream news. Well here it is.

“He’s a very honorable person who loves his country,” said Brad Guida, an Epsom man who told the paper he was Irish and Taylor’s landlord. “And I’ve watched the state and the police systematically hammer him.”

P.S.

He was accused of sexual assault with the whole being 18 years old and with a 14 year old but the charges were dropped. The gun charge was because his fiance had a concealed carry and didn't have the weapon on her, but under his seat in the car. The only crimes John Irish was ever found guilty of was a misdemeanor for possessing a small amount of marijuana and a misdemeanor for trespassing. What an unfit father!!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2XaKma4KwE

Last edited by ericsnow; 10th October 2010 at 05:24 PM.
ericsnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 05:28 PM   #246
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher

Top story on Glenn Beck's site - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/did-...-oath-keepers/

People said they wouldn't give this story credit until it was on mainstream news. Well here it is.
A blog started by Glenn Beck is "mainstream news" now?
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 05:45 PM   #247
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
Since ericsnow has shown a tendency to post things, and then say they're not his quotes/ideas/thoughts, we'd kinda like to know what his thoughts actually are...
Especially since he keeps repeating them, It'd be nice to know what he considers "facts", so we'll know how to deal with him in the future...
I'm betting this isn't going to happen.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 05:45 PM   #248
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

“He’s a very honorable person who loves his country,” said Brad Guida, an Epsom man who told the paper he was Irish and Taylor’s landlord. “And I’ve watched the state and the police systematically hammer him.”
Seriously, Ericsnow, why in the world would you think a quote from his landlord has any bearing at all on the facts of this case? It is not a rhetorical question. Why do you think the landlord's comments are useful in any way?

Quote:
He was accused of sexual assault with the whole being 18 years old and with a 14 year old but the charges were dropped. The gun charge was because his fiance had a concealed carry and didn't have the weapon on her, but under his seat in the car. The only crimes John Irish was ever found guilty of was a misdemeanor for possessing a small amount of marijuana and a misdemeanor for trespassing. What an unfit father!!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2XaKma4KwE
Why did you leave out the part about hitting and choking his wife? Why did you leave out the part about refusing a court-ordered counseling course?

ETA:

On the JREF people are expected to be precise in their statements and accusations.

The posters here did not say "we will not give this story credit until it was on mainstream news." We said that until a more balanced source provided MORE DETAILS we cannot believe the version presented in the OP. ANd it turns out that we were right and the OP was wrong. More details were provided and it has been shown that his association with Oathkeepers was neither the sole nor primary reason the baby was removed.

Last edited by Ladewig; 10th October 2010 at 05:54 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 05:47 PM   #249
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

deleted by poster as being off topic.

Last edited by Ladewig; 10th October 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 05:57 PM   #250
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

I'm betting this isn't going to happen.
Oh, We're getting some good data here...
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 06:18 PM   #251
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Same guy in this news story? http://archive.seacoastonline.com/20...news/48093.htm

(from 2003, I don't know if the age or location is right)
Old 10th October 2010, 06:55 PM   #252
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

P.S.

I wouldn't put my money on getting the full story from him. Children aren't taken for the reasons stated. Period.

Same guy in this news story? http://archive.seacoastonline.com/20...news/48093.htm

That link was actually posted earlier in this thread (along with other stories possibly about him) and I do believe that's him because as I understand it he's 24 now so he would be 17 in 2003. And it is the right location as well. Apparently this school is in New Hampshire where he currently resides.

Last edited by Juniversal; 10th October 2010 at 06:57 PM.
Juniversal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 09:25 PM   #253
qayak
Penultimate Amazing

That's him. Plus he had a bunch of driving under suspensions and peace bond infractions. Just punch his nave into the newspaper's search engine. Should give you about 15 pages. Hit the Police Log links and he comes up a bunch of times.
Is all your life will ever be."
qayak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 10:56 PM   #254
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by qayak View Post
That's him. Plus he had a bunch of driving under suspensions and peace bond infractions. Just punch his nave into the newspaper's search engine. Should give you about 15 pages. Hit the Police Log links and he comes up a bunch of times.
And this is going to be the poster child for Oath Keepers? They are probably rethinking that idea.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:09 PM   #255
qayak
Penultimate Amazing

And this is going to be the poster child for Oath Keepers? They are probably rethinking that idea.
I know! One would think they would be a little more careful.
qayak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 01:24 AM   #256
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Paul Watson
Give us some credit please, we don't sit here all day faking documents and making stuff up.
That's only because union rules mandate a one-hour lunch break.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 01:55 AM   #257
qayak
Penultimate Amazing

This is Stephanie Taylor's soon to be ex-husband.

http://www.myspace.com/kamonveora

He commented on a Youtube video about the story saying Jonathan Irish "beat the ****" out of his sons.
Old 11th October 2010, 05:28 AM   #258
dafydd
Banned

I'm more interested in point 6.There must be a lot of family history.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 05:31 AM   #259
dafydd
Banned

That's weird Ron Paul just said Alex Jones and infowars are having a HUGE effect in Washington.
Yes,but not the effect that you are thinking of.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 05:35 AM   #260
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by ericsnow
That's weird Ron Paul just said Alex Jones and infowars are having a HUGE effect in Washington.
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Yes,but not the effect that you are thinking of.
Thanks for reminding me abut this post.

Ericsnow, if R. Paul's claim is true, then it should be a trivial matter for you (or A. Jones or his people) to provide evidence. Do you have any?
Old 11th October 2010, 08:30 AM   #261
Mister Earl
Illuminator

I wonder why nobody can seem to find the original, non-cropped and non-altered documents.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 09:12 AM   #262
ericsnow
Thinker

Originally Posted by Mister Earl View Post
I wonder why nobody can seem to find the original, non-cropped and non-altered documents.
I forget where I read it but the documents in their entirety will be coming out soon.
ericsnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 09:14 AM   #263
ericsnow
Thinker

Drudge now linking to this story
http://www.drudgereport.com/
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=213149
http://www.concordmonitor.com/articl...-took-our-baby
Old 11th October 2010, 09:21 AM   #264
Mister Earl
Illuminator

I like how the drudge report only had the father's side of the story, lies included, and no mention at all of him being an unfit father who already lost his first two kids.

So eric, where's the original, unaltered documents? Can I get you to promise that they won't be photoshopped again?
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 09:22 AM   #265
Piggy
Unlicensed street skeptic

At this point, eric, you are simply giving us evidence of how widespread the rumors are becoming. But as has been pointed out, what's needed is evidence that the rumors have any substance to them. Which, as of yet, neither you nor any of the rumor-repeaters you've linked to have been able to provide.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:23 AM   #266
ericsnow
Thinker

I like how the drudge report only had the father's side of the story, lies included, and no mention at all of him being an unfit father who already lost his first two kids.

So eric, where's the original, unaltered documents? Can I get you to promise that they won't be photoshopped again?
There's a PDF of the entire set of documents in this link...

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2010/10/...-to-take-baby/

There has been some confusion about this case, leading some commentators to believe that the reference to John Irishís ďassociationĒ with Oath Keepers was in some other document, rather than in the affidavit relied on by the Courtís Order. Alex Jonesí site, in an effort to protect the privacy of the family, posted excerpts from two different documents, leading some to question where the reference actually was.

To clear that up, below you will find an embedded PDF which contains the full (though redacted) versions of the following documents: the two Petitions (one pertaining to each parent), the Courtís Ex Parte Order, the Affidavit of Dana Bickford which was attached, the Motion for Change of Venue, and lastly, the Notice to Accused Parent, explaining the legal process. We have highlighted in yellow all text where the Petitions or the Court Order refers to the Affidavit which contains reference to Oath Keepers.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:27 AM   #267
ericsnow
Thinker

Now
Edited by LibraryLady:  Edited for civility
all you deniers. This isn't America anymore. Our country has been taken over by psychopathic criminals.

Last edited by LibraryLady; 13th October 2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:29 AM   #268
Mister Earl
Illuminator

Can you post the docs here? For whatever reason that link grinds my browser to a halt.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:31 AM   #269
Mister Earl
Illuminator

Now
Edited by LibraryLadyy:  Edited for civility
all you deniers. This isn't America anymore. Our country has been taken over by psychopathic criminals.
I'd say it's being taken over by extremist nutballs who excuse and facilitate child abuse.
Post the docs here, please?

Last edited by LibraryLady; 13th October 2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:31 AM   #270
ericsnow
Thinker

Anyone know why I can't embed the PDF? I'm copying the embed code exactly.

Last edited by ericsnow; 11th October 2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:38 AM   #271
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

There's a PDF of the entire set of documents in this link....
Really?! You think that the PDFs in that link are helpful.
There are 11 facts given in the affidavit and exactly two of them are presented. I am now disturbingly curious as to what points 8, 9, 10, and 11 are. Ericsnow, what will be your position if these additional points are evidence showing that the man is a violent child abuser who cannot control his temper? Will you then consider the possibility that it was apporpriate to remove the child? In short, my question is: will additional evidence cause you to change your mind?

Now
Yes! Because one child custody case in one state (with missing details) is PROOF that the entire "country has been taken over by psychopathic criminals."

Old 11th October 2010, 09:40 AM   #272
Mister Earl
Illuminator

Is there just a download link? Do you have the docket number, eric?
Old 11th October 2010, 09:42 AM   #273
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Can you post the docs here? For whatever reason that link grinds my browser to a halt.
Don't bother with these docs. The affidavit is almost entirely redacted. The only point that remains is the item about the Oathkeepers. Everything else was blacked out.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:42 AM   #274
ericsnow
Thinker

If you mean the court case number it is 629-2010-JV239

Last edited by ericsnow; 11th October 2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:45 AM   #275
Piggy

Now
Dude, Mr. Irish has not been elected to any public office.

Piggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 09:49 AM   #276
Ocelot
Illuminator

There's case numbers on the form but the handwriting could be better.

I'm guessing 629-2010-JV-239 and 629-2010-JV-240

Last edited by Ocelot; 11th October 2010 at 09:50 AM.
Ocelot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 09:49 AM   #277
Piggy

There has been some confusion about this case, leading some commentators to believe that the reference to John Irishís ďassociationĒ with Oath Keepers was in some other document, rather than in the affidavit relied on by the Courtís Order.
It doesn't matter, eric, b/c the reference to OK was in the context of a bit of background pertaining to his acquisition of weapons. And in the light of his Columbine-style threats at the age of 17, an association with any militia-style organization would be pertinent background.

Also, you're once again (still) ignoring the substantive issues -- domestic violence, threats of violence, due process to terminate parental rights for the other 2 kids because of his repeated acts of violence and refusal to obey court orders, etc. -- in favor of a bizarre focus on this one phrase inside one sentence in one item of background.

As I mentioned upthread, you might as well claim that the baby was taken because he lives in Merrimack county, since that's in the documentation as well.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:53 AM   #278
Mister Earl
Illuminator

So basically they're still withholding information.

Well. It seems truth really isn't a priority for them, eh? I wonder why that might be.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:04 AM   #279
Psiload
Master Poster

So... in the interest of protecting the privacy of the family, we're not allowed to see 10 of the 11 counts listed on the affidavit, but here's his address in case we want to make a donation to his cause?

Protecting his family's privacy... they're doing it wrong.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:15 AM   #280
FattyCatty
Picky V. Nitty

Now
You posted a link to a document that redacts all the primary reasons for removal and only leaves #7; what about the previous six items, which should logically be more important? What is it about this link that makes you think STFU is appropriate?

ETA: So all the pertinent information is blacked out, but the name of the baby is left in to protect privacy? Were the things the parents did so bad we can't see them for fear of damaging our psyches?

Also, on the item left unblacked in the affidavit, I think the mention of weapons purchased is more relevant than association with Oath Keepers.

[/grammar nazi][/Dept of Grammar Security] ftfy -- Wudang
Proud member of SCOFF (SoCal Opposing Feline Filleting)

Last edited by LibraryLady; 13th October 2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: to add remarks
FattyCatty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events