ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags kevin barrett

Closed Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:02 PM   #41
Dog Town
Banned

Master Barrett

What do you think made your father become an insane twoofer?
Isn't he the one that want's to put certain members of mass media in front of a firing squad? Nice to see that you seem well adjusted, in spite of his madness.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:41 PM   #42
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I don't know why I care but, does he carry on life and act relatively normal (whatever that is) when he's not trying to "spread the truth"? Or is that all he does now a days?
He acts relatively normal most of the time, but actually some times he sneakily brings up 9/11 twoof in a conversation buy starting with a subject that is somehow going to turn into something about 9/11, or says, "Here's a tip" to a restaraunt owner...and lo and behold its a "Deception Dollar"!
theshillbarrett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:42 PM   #43
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
What do you think made your father become an insane twoofer?
Isn't he the one that want's to put certain members of mass media in front of a firing squad? Nice to see that you seem well adjusted, in spite of his madness.
I'm not sure, actually. I was pretty little and not giving a crap when he started.
theshillbarrett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2010, 03:39 PM   #44
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by theshillbarrett View Post
He acts relatively normal most of the time, but actually some times he sneakily brings up 9/11 twoof in a conversation buy starting with a subject that is somehow going to turn into something about 9/11, or says, "Here's a tip" to a restaraunt owner...and lo and behold its a "Deception Dollar"!
That must be strange. I have a son about your age (although I'm a bit older then your dad). I know he doesn't understand some of the things I did in the 70"s (hell I have trouble remembering them) but he doesn't have to deal with this in the present. I'm sure this must lead to some tension between you two. Anyway good luck and don't get complacent and just dismiss things because your dad might thinks it's significant. Always investigate and look at all sides, it's the only way you will find the truth.

Good luck

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2010, 04:00 PM   #45
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

"Here's a tip" to a restaraunt owner...and lo and behold its a "Deception Dollar"!
Man, that has to be embarrassing...
Old 23rd October 2010, 04:19 PM   #46
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
Not to mention, the only other group of fruitcakes that I've seen do that, are Bible thumpers. What is it with zealots, and deception?
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2010, 04:24 PM   #47
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
Hell ya
Old 23rd October 2010, 05:07 PM   #48
theshillbarrett
Scholar

You have no idea how embarrassing. So I usually pretend I'm not his son.
Old 23rd October 2010, 05:52 PM   #49
angrysoba
Philosophile

That's pretty terrible, actually.

"Here's some money for your service. Only kidding, it's just a piece of paper that's less than worthless!"
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2010, 10:21 PM   #50
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post

"Here's some money for your service. Only kidding, it's just a piece of paper that's less than worthless!"
Hey, the restaurnt guy could use it to clean gum off the underside of the tables.......
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:25 PM   #51
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Now the question you have to ask is,

Quote:
"Is kevin barrett's dog a conspiracy theorist?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTQy06azJws
Barrett's student in that video, Molly Sessler, doesn't seem to be an avowed truther now, judging from a Google search and what's publicly viewable on her Facebook profile.

Maybe exposure to your dad made her see his True nuttiness.
Old 24th October 2010, 06:39 AM   #52
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Barrett's student in that video, Molly Sessler, doesn't seem to be an avowed truther now, judging from a Google search and what's publicly viewable on her Facebook profile.

Maybe exposure to your dad made her see his True nuttiness.
Did you see my golden dog?
Old 24th October 2010, 08:05 AM   #53
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Yeah. When you give some one a tip you're thanking them for serving them. When you give them something they think is real money but its just some stupid conspiracy thing, that's disrespect.
Old 24th October 2010, 02:58 PM   #54
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Next time the server should serve him something particularly spill-y with a plate that is the same value as the fake money. Not a paper plate - those are costly!

I'm thinking 'dump spaghetti in his lap'.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th October 2010, 02:09 PM   #55
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Next time the server should serve him something particularly spill-y with a plate that is the same value as the fake money. Not a paper plate - those are costly!

I'm thinking 'dump spaghetti in his lap'.
Just so long as he misses me
Old 25th October 2010, 02:17 PM   #56
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

You should make up some "My Dad is a Dork Dollars". They're just regular bills with, "I'm sorry, my Dad is a Dork!" written on them.

Hey, if he's embarrassing you, I figure it's just fair play!
Old 25th October 2010, 03:12 PM   #57
Lenbrazil
Muse

A CT on another forum is convinced that “Young Debunka” is being “manipulated” she wrote

“I doubt this 13 yr old kid took it upon himself to go after his dad like this.”

AND

“ I do not believe a 13 year old kid would attack his father without being manipulated.”

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/in...howtopic=16788

I imagine her problem is that she is a Larrouchite who at 65 accepts unquestioningly her messiah and his disciples pronouncements and thus can’t fathom someone one fifth her age thinking for himself.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th October 2010, 03:20 PM   #58
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

Theshillbarrett,

I think your dad, I mean Kevin, has taken 9/11 Conspiracy Theories as a hobby. Doesn't he have any other hobbies that could occupy his time away from those looney CT's? If he does, suggest it to him that his life would be better if he didn't indulge himself with the CT's & take up an interesting hobby. Like fishing, boating or model building!
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th October 2010, 08:08 PM   #59
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

There's a reason why tables have an opposite side.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th October 2010, 09:33 PM   #60
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by Lenbrazil View Post
A CT on another forum is convinced that “Young Debunka” is being “manipulated” she wrote

“I doubt this 13 yr old kid took it upon himself to go after his dad like this.”

AND

“ I do not believe a 13 year old kid would attack his father without being manipulated.”

I imagine her problem is that she is a Larrouchite who at 65 accepts unquestioningly her messiah and his disciples pronouncements and thus can’t fathom someone one fifth her age thinking for himself.
What a stupid woman!

And how about Fetzer's reply to the OP? He's basically spamming an article by himself, that uses himself as a reference in 3 out of 6 references!
Old 26th October 2010, 11:07 AM   #61
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Originally Posted by 9/11 Chewy Defense View Post
Theshillbarrett,

I think your dad, I mean Kevin, has taken 9/11 Conspiracy Theories as a hobby. Doesn't he have any other hobbies that could occupy his time away from those looney CT's? If he does, suggest it to him that his life would be better if he didn't indulge himself with the CT's & take up an interesting hobby. Like fishing, boating or model building!
I think he would be more interested in model buildings (if you catch my drift)! :

Last edited by theshillbarrett; 26th October 2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 26th October 2010, 11:40 AM   #62
Lenbrazil
Muse

AND

Theshillbarrett,

I was hoping you'd comment on this. If you want I can post your reply at the other forum.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th October 2010, 04:47 PM   #63
theshillbarrett
Scholar

OK.

Last edited by theshillbarrett; 26th October 2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 26th October 2010, 04:50 PM   #64
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Theshillbarrett,

I was hoping you'd comment on this. If you want I can post your reply at the other forum.
The only thing that's manipulating me is research and common sense. SCARY twoofers SCARY
Don't want to learn any facts, else you might actually learn something!
Old 27th September 2011, 01:04 PM   #65
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Mod Warning Thread closed due to excessive nonsense. Don't try and restart this discussion elsewhere.
Posted By:jhunter1163

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories