ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags JFK assassination

Closed Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 10:52 AM   #841
Walter Ego
Master Poster
 
Walter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by vtbub View Post
A couple of questions. If there was indeed a second shooter from the knoll, wouldn't the Zapruder film show some evidence of it? Mind you, we know that three shots came from the same general place. A 4th shot from the other direction of Zapruder would certainly caught his and Mrs. Sitzman's attention as it would have sounded a whole lot different. Wouldn't the camera have jiggled as a reflex?
Welcome to the forum.

As I noted above, Zapruter was standing practically in front of the Grassy Knoll (you can even see a section of the stockade fence in the last frames of the Z film as he pans to the right). You'd think he and his secretary, Mrs. Sitman, would remember the sound of a high-powered rifle being fired almost directly behind them but both remember three shots coming from the direction of the TSBD.


Quote:
Since both of the bullets that struck JFK have been accounted for, where did the presumed grassy knoll bullet go? Surely, based on the evidence, if it was indeed shot it must have missed. Why did none of those on the knoll ever react to a shot that came from there?
Let me quote my own post #53.

Quote:
No trace of any bullets/bullet fragments/bullet shells OTHER THAN THOSE COMING FROM OSWALD'S 6.5-MILLIMETER MANNLICHER-CARCANO RIFLE were discovered anywhere in Dealey Plaza, the limousine, the TSBD, Parkland Hospital, or in the victims.
Quote:
Also, why did Oswald kill Tippet? What was his grand role in all this? Or was Oswald in the theater the whole time after skipping out of work and just carrying a .38 for crap and giggles?
Why indeed. He also pulled his gun on one of the officers trying to arrest him in the movie theater. Oswald was the only employee of the TSBD who was inside the building at the time of the assassination who fled the scene. He returned to his rooming house, got his pistol, killed a police officer who stopped to question him and hid in the movie theater (sneaking past the box office and not paying for a ticket), all actions betraying a consciousness of guilt in the killing of JFK.

Last edited by Walter Ego; 12th November 2011 at 10:56 AM.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 10:52 AM   #842
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator
 
EventHorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,997
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
How interesting. And now for the benefit of one who has actually done some serous homework on the subject, what was the one single piece of evidence that convinced you to change your mind. This is a question the Lone Nutters on this board have great difficulty with. Perhaps you can enlighten. Evidence, mind you. Not generalized minutia, hyperbole or ad hominem attack which seems to be the standard Lone Nutter tac.
This is why I'll doubt that you'll ever get it (until you take your blinders off). There was no one single piece of evidence that convinced me. That's not the way it works. It was a combination of everything. The "magic bullet" explanatiopn (actually my favorite part of that is if you watch the stabilized version of the Zapruder film you can actually see Kennedy and Connally react to being hit by the same bullet). The fact that the Zapruder film shows Kennedy's head move forward slightly as the fatal bullet hits and then the front of his head explodes. The fact that eyewitnesses place Oswald in the window. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's also the common sense stuff. Nobody would plan an execution like this. Nobody would trust people as insane as Oswald and Ruby to be involved. It's also the most convoluted and risky way to eliminate JFK. To put multiple gunmen in front of multiple witnesses some of whom surely have cameras is just not something that would be done. Hell, I'd think it would be a lot easier to just fix the election that was coming up in less than a year.

All of those things put together are just a small part of the reason I stopped believing in a conspiracy. This is why your "one best piece" of evidence is ridiculous. Any one of them can be discounted. But when you combine them it shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that one crazy person assassinated one powerful person. It's natural to want to believe that there's a reason somebody so admired by so many was killed. It's not easy to think that one lunatic with a gun can forever alter the course of history, but sometimes bad people randomly do bad things. Sad but true.
__________________
"One of the hardest parts of being an active skeptic - of anything - is knowing when to cut your losses, and then doing so."
-Phil Plait
EventHorizon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 10:57 AM   #843
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing
 
I Ratant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,203
As long as we're discussing Moorman.. Here is the photograph.
Taken Z-315-316...
And a close up of JFK's head... no wound in the rear visible.. and the 3 guys on the steps...
And Zapruder... altered his stance from a relaxed standing position to a crouch..
This screws up Dr. Alvarez's analysis of the Z-film trying to shoehorn the acoustic "evidence" into wiggles he found in the positioning of the images in the film, attributing these to the camera being jostled by the bullet flights and the noise from the shots.
As he did not know the open microphone was at the Trade Mart, and not on a motorcycle in the motorcade, his conclusion is a pretty good demonstration of forcing the data to fit the conclusion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moorman-JFKHead.jpg (41.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Moorman-ZapruderCrouch.jpg (47.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg MoormanPolaroid.jpg (127.6 KB, 5 views)
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 11:06 AM   #844
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,721
So why do we have to supply a "single best" piece of evidence while RP himself expects twenty pieces of testemony to convince us (with an extreme close up of Officer Tippets head)?

Why is there not a single best piece of evidence for this conspiracy?


Oh and Rob, about your evidence that "proved" a conspiracy. If LHO wasnt holding the rifle, or planning to kill the president, how does two guys "conspiring" with him prove anything? Were they in cahoots with a plan he wasnt planning? Is that what your "two words" proved?
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 12:52 PM   #845
NateHevens
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 55
Okay... so... I don't post often. I also haven't been through this thread, so if this video's been posted already, forgive me.

I want to start off by saying that I don't believe the conspiracies. I did, for a very long time. Then I actually visited the museum. I actually got to walk up to the window and look out. I could see right where JFK was shot. This was the beginning of my doubt in the conspiracy.

Anyways...

I'm right now watching the following YouTube video:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


I'm about 33 minutes into it as I type this. Is there anything (videos, perhaps) that debunks this video or the stuff in it? I'm not looking to have my skeptical stance confirmed. I just want to see both sides.

Anyone?

Last edited by NateHevens; 12th November 2011 at 12:57 PM.
NateHevens is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 01:08 PM   #846
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing
 
I Ratant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,203
Looking at the source on the Youtube, it's a massive brain fart.
It contains so much material from the CTwinkies, with really far out linkings to events long in the future relative to 11/22/63, a seriously disturbed and frightened person assembled this stuff.
Sure does beat any of the published novels for breadth of smear, but it is newer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JFK II Video.jpg (78.5 KB, 8 views)
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 01:16 PM   #847
NateHevens
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
Looking at the source on the Youtube, it's a massive brain fart.
It contains so much material from the CTwinkies, with really far out linkings to events long in the future relative to 11/22/63, a seriously disturbed and frightened person assembled this stuff.
Sure does beat any of the published novels for breadth of smear, but it is newer.
I'm now about an hour in, and it's surely a fascinating video... the rhetoric is thick and extremely cheesy ("devils"... he's calling them "devils").

Where did you get that screen capture? I see it's from Google video, but is it the same video as what I'm watching on YouTube?

And now I feel exceptionally stupid, but what do you mean by "CTwinkies"?

Last edited by NateHevens; 12th November 2011 at 01:22 PM.
NateHevens is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 01:19 PM   #848
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing
 
I Ratant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,203
Originally Posted by NateHevens View Post
I'm now about an hour in, and it's surely a fascinating video... the rhetoric is thick and extremely cheesy ("devils"... he's calling them "devils").

Where did you get that screen capture? I see it's from Google video, but is it the same video as what I'm watching on YouTube?

And now I feel exceptionally stupid, but what do you mean by "CTwinkies"?
.
The screen capture is from the first video that popped up on Youtube when I looked for "JFK II". There's more there.
Looks like a 9-11 truther subset of videos there.
CTwinkie, CTwit... other derogatory terms come to mind.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 01:28 PM   #849
NateHevens
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
Looking at the source on the Youtube, it's a massive brain fart.
It contains so much material from the CTwinkies, with really far out linkings to events long in the future relative to 11/22/63, a seriously disturbed and frightened person assembled this stuff.
Sure does beat any of the published novels for breadth of smear, but it is newer.
Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
.
The screen capture is from the first video that popped up on Youtube when I looked for "JFK II". There's more there.
Looks like a 9-11 truther subset of videos there.
CTwinkie, CTwit... other derogatory terms come to mind.
ConspiracyTwinkie? ConspiracyTwit? I think I got it.

I'm wondering if it's all different uploads of the same video. Interesting.

I'm just wondering if there's been any attempt to debunk it or the... ehem... "facts" presented...
NateHevens is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 01:35 PM   #850
Walter Ego
Master Poster
 
Walter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by NateHevens View Post
I'm about 33 minutes into it as I type this. Is there anything (videos, perhaps) that debunks this video or the stuff in it? I'm not looking to have my skeptical stance confirmed. I just want to see both sides.
Try the ABC-BBC documentary The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy. Linked here.

The best debunking books are Gerald Posner's Case Closed and Vincent Bugliosi's Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Posner's book is a good history of the assassination and summery of the case and he debunks most of the popular conspiracy theories. It also has the virtue of being about of third of the length of the Bugliosi book. Reclaiming History is encyclopedic, however, and is recommended for the truly obsessed.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 03:37 PM   #851
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing
 
I Ratant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,203
Originally Posted by NateHevens View Post
ConspiracyTwinkie? ConspiracyTwit? I think I got it.

I'm wondering if it's all different uploads of the same video. Interesting.

I'm just wondering if there's been any attempt to debunk it or the... ehem... "facts" presented...
.
Just for the JFK stuff, there hasn't been anything new in the conspiracy field since the HSCA findings, the main difference there was HSCA accepted a possible GN shooter, based on the analysis of the dicta-belt recording.
That was then debunked not long after that, as being channel cross talk between the two channels used by the Sheriff, with one channel assigned to the motorcade, and the other to the units assigned to traffic control at the Trade Mart, where the luncheon was scheduled. The motorcade was going there after leaving Dealey Plaza.
It was noted by the Sheriff at the time that a three-wheeler motorcycle AT the Trade Mart had an stuck open microphone, which was picking up the noises at the Trade Mart, such as car doors slamming as the luncheon guests arrived, and the talk on the first channel heard from the car radios of the Sheriffs at the Trade Mart, listening to the talk from the motorcade.
This had a couple results.... When the motorcade began to speed up to get to the hospital, the Chief Sheriff in the motorcade made a couple of broadcasts, which the open mic on the three-wheeler picked up and were recorded on the dicta-belt, AFTER all the shots had been fired. It is AFTER all the shots had been fired and the motorcade was going past the Trade Mart to Parkland Hospital the "impulses" from the car doors slamming on the dicta belt were transmorgified into "gun shots" by the Twinkies, who had paid no attention to the crosstalk which put the definite event time on the dicta-belt as being after the shots had been fired.
Also, the motorcade with sirens blasting passed the Trade Mart, and this is also on the dicta-belt, which says the microphone could not have been -in the motorcade-, as it's kinda impossible for a motorcycle to pass itself.
Only the dedicated invincibly ignorant defend the dicta-belt recording as being from Dealey Plaza.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MotorcadeRoute-DealeyToParkland.jpg (146.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by I Ratant; 12th November 2011 at 04:04 PM.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 03:53 PM   #852
vtbub
Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 223
If any conspiracy exists, it would have to run through Oswald. It's his gun, it's his bullets, it's his actions and reactions after the shooting that completely implicate his guilt. ALL the evidence points to him and nothing points to really anything else.

The only thing missing out of the stuff presented as proof of a conspiracy that Mr. Prey has not trotted out yet is the limo driver firing the gun, perhaps maybe the looniest of the looney theories.

Seriously, Oswald would have squealed like a greased pig if anyone had put him up to this and certainly he would have had legal help and not left to his own devices during the time Fritz and company had him under questioning. He wanted the attention. He bragged about shooting at General Walker. He had Marina take pictures of him and his rifle. He wanted to be somebody. Really, does that sound like someone that would be entrusted by the CIA, Teamsters, Castro, Anti-Castro, NWO, Reptillians, or the KGB would trust as their point man?

You have to wonder if Jack Ruby ever regretted sparing Mrs. Kennedy a return trip to Dallas to testify at Oswald's trial. The Dallas PD was so far in over their head with Kennedy's death AND losing Tippet that they made a ton of mistakes. If they had made the transfer on Saturday night or when planned that Sunday, Ruby is nowhere there.

Anyone that seriously thinks that these two people could have been in cahoots must also think Thelma and Louise is non-fiction.

No one has been able to tie Oswald to anything outside of maybe that visit described earlier and even that proves nothing. If you can't tie anything to Oswald, then you have nothing.
vtbub is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 05:39 PM   #853
Walter Ego
Master Poster
 
Walter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
It's natural to want to believe that there's a reason somebody so admired by so many was killed. It's not easy to think that one lunatic with a gun can forever alter the course of history, but sometimes bad people randomly do bad things. Sad but true.
Your sentiment was eloquently expressed by William Manchester, author of Death of a President.

Quote:
Those who desperately want to believe that President Kennedy was the victim of a conspiracy have my sympathy. I share their yearning. To employ what may seem an odd metaphor, there is an esthetic principle here. If you put six million dead Jews on one side of a scale and on the other side put the Nazi regime — the greatest gang of criminals ever to seize control of a modern state — you have a rough balance: greatest crime, greatest criminals.

But if you put the murdered President of the United States on one side of a scale and that wretched waif Oswald on the other side, it doesn't balance. You want to add something weightier to Oswald. It would invest the President's death with meaning, endowing him with martyrdom. He would have died for something.

A conspiracy would, of course, do the job nicely. Unfortunately, there is no evidence whatever that there was one.

(New York Times, February 5, 1992)

And Jacqueline Kennedy speaking of her husband.

Quote:
He didn't even have the satisfaction of being killed for civil rights . . . . It's — it had to be some silly little Communist.

(Manchester, Death of a President, p. 407)
The conspiratorial thinkers would like to right the lopsided equation. The president of the world's most powerful country could not have been brought down by a nobody like Oswald. Nineteen hijackers with box cutters could not have pulled off the most devastating terrorist attack on America. Reality must be reconstructed if necessary to prove otherwise.

Last edited by Walter Ego; 12th November 2011 at 07:04 PM.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th November 2011, 08:58 PM   #854
Noztradamus
Master Poster
 
Noztradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,272
Originally Posted by vtbub View Post
Also, why did Oswald kill Tippet? What was his grand role in all this? Or was Oswald in the theater the whole time after skipping out of work and just carrying a .38 for crap and giggles?

Enquiring minds want to know.
Reflex. Here LHO is thinking he's pulled of the wet job of the century, when he's called over by a cop

http://pbenjay.files.wordpress.com/2...dy-tippett.gif

OMG. It's ZombieJFK! What's it going to take to kill him?
__________________
The Australian Family Association's John Morrissey was aghast when he learned Jessica Watson was bidding to become the youngest person to sail round the world alone, unaided and without stopping.
Noztradamus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 12:27 AM   #855
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,721
Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
Reflex. Here LHO is thinking he's pulled of the wet job of the century, when he's called over by a cop

http://pbenjay.files.wordpress.com/2...dy-tippett.gif

OMG. It's ZombieJFK! What's it going to take to kill him?
Well the likeness was good enough for CTs to look at Tippets autopsy photos and think it was evidence JFK was shot from the front. And possibly to have 20 odd people at Parkland get confused. Which is apparently less likely than a faked autopsy....
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:09 AM   #856
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by vtbub View Post
If any conspiracy exists, it would have to run through Oswald. It's his gun, it's his bullets, it's his actions and reactions after the shooting that completely implicate his guilt. ALL the evidence points to him and nothing points to really anything else.

The only thing missing out of the stuff presented as proof of a conspiracy that Mr. Prey has not trotted out yet is the limo driver firing the gun, perhaps maybe the looniest of the looney theories.

Seriously, Oswald would have squealed like a greased pig if anyone had put him up to this and certainly he would have had legal help and not left to his own devices during the time Fritz and company had him under questioning. He wanted the attention. He bragged about shooting at General Walker. He had Marina take pictures of him and his rifle. He wanted to be somebody. Really, does that sound like someone that would be entrusted by the CIA, Teamsters, Castro, Anti-Castro, NWO, Reptillians, or the KGB would trust as their point man?

You have to wonder if Jack Ruby ever regretted sparing Mrs. Kennedy a return trip to Dallas to testify at Oswald's trial. The Dallas PD was so far in over their head with Kennedy's death AND losing Tippet that they made a ton of mistakes. If they had made the transfer on Saturday night or when planned that Sunday, Ruby is nowhere there.

Anyone that seriously thinks that these two people could have been in cahoots must also think Thelma and Louise is non-fiction.

No one has been able to tie Oswald to anything outside of maybe that visit described earlier and even that proves nothing. If you can't tie anything to Oswald, then you have nothing.
"His gun"? How do you know that? "His bullets" How do you know that?
Oswald had "ties" to FBI,, CIA, Naval Intell, Army intell, Jack Ruby, Mafia,
anti-Castro Cubans and a host of others.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:17 AM   #857
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
This is why I'll doubt that you'll ever get it (until you take your blinders off). There was no one single piece of evidence that convinced me. That's not the way it works. It was a combination of everything. The "magic bullet" explanatiopn (actually my favorite part of that is if you watch the stabilized version of the Zapruder film you can actually see Kennedy and Connally react to being hit by the same bullet). The fact that the Zapruder film shows Kennedy's head move forward slightly as the fatal bullet hits and then the front of his head explodes. The fact that eyewitnesses place Oswald in the window. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's also the common sense stuff. Nobody would plan an execution like this. Nobody would trust people as insane as Oswald and Ruby to be involved. It's also the most convoluted and risky way to eliminate JFK. To put multiple gunmen in front of multiple witnesses some of whom surely have cameras is just not something that would be done. Hell, I'd think it would be a lot easier to just fix the election that was coming up in less than a year.

All of those things put together are just a small part of the reason I stopped believing in a conspiracy. This is why your "one best piece" of evidence is ridiculous. Any one of them can be discounted. But when you combine them it shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that one crazy person assassinated one powerful person. It's natural to want to believe that there's a reason somebody so admired by so many was killed. It's not easy to think that one lunatic with a gun can forever alter the course of history, but sometimes bad people randomly do bad things. Sad but true.
Typical and Predictable. No single piece of evidence, indeed. The Magic Bullet, whether real or imagined did not Kill JFK. The fatal shot or shots to the head did -- the single piece of evidence you choose to avoid.
"Lunatic with a gun"??? What makes you think LHO was a lunatic? Do you know what a "patsy" is?

Last edited by Robert Prey; 13th November 2011 at 03:18 AM.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:23 AM   #858
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
Try the ABC-BBC documentary The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy. Linked here.

The best debunking books are Gerald Posner's Case Closed and Vincent Bugliosi's Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Posner's book is a good history of the assassination and summery of the case and he debunks most of the popular conspiracy theories. It also has the virtue of being about of third of the length of the Bugliosi book. Reclaiming History is encyclopedic, however, and is recommended for the truly obsessed.
The best debunking of Poser's 'Case Closed" is the Bug Man's "Reclaiming History." The Bug Man indicts himself and his own internal sanity by his crusade to indict George W. Bush for War Crimes.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:26 AM   #859
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
So why do we have to supply a "single best" piece of evidence while RP himself expects twenty pieces of testemony to convince us (with an extreme close up of Officer Tippets head)?

Why is there not a single best piece of evidence for this conspiracy?


Oh and Rob, about your evidence that "proved" a conspiracy. If LHO wasnt holding the rifle, or planning to kill the president, how does two guys "conspiring" with him prove anything? Were they in cahoots with a plan he wasnt planning? Is that what your "two words" proved?
Two or more equals conspiracy. Obviously.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:28 AM   #860
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
Oswald was the only employee of the TSBD who was inside the building at the time of the assassination who fled the scene..

Factually incorrect.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:30 AM   #861
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
He returned to his rooming house, got his pistol, killed a police officer who stopped to question him and hid in the movie theater (sneaking past the box office and not paying for a ticket), all actions betraying a consciousness of guilt in the killing of JFK.
"Killed a police officer? How do you know that?
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:34 AM   #862
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
The conspiratorial thinkers would like to right the lopsided equation. The president of the world's most powerful country could not have been brought down by a nobody like Oswald.
And he wasn't, but murdered by elements of his own government in consort with his other arch enemies in the Mafia.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:38 AM   #863
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
LOL. No, that's a drawing. Why does the Zapruder film showing the right front of Kennedy's head blowing out contradict that drawing? Why does the high speed video of bullets and the website about entrance and exit wounds you posted earlier both confirm the video we see of the exit wound in the right front of Kennedy's head?

You've posted so much real evidence confirming the exit wound in the right front of Kennedy's head and it so easily demolishes the other "evidence" (your drawing and anecdotes), what are we to make of it all? You've obviously culled the loony stuff from conspiriloon sites.

I assume that now you will go back to those Whack-a-loon sites and give them a good piece of your mind for feeding you what you now know to be crap. Show them this thread and they'll see for themselves how thoroughly you embarrassed yourself using the crap from those kind of sites. You could probably get some money out of them, considering the depth and breadth of your being totally pwned here.
Sophomoric nonsense.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 03:50 AM   #864
uke2se
Philosopher
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,362
Look at Robert go. Handwaving like a boss.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 05:48 AM   #865
Walter Ego
Master Poster
 
Walter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Look at Robert go. Handwaving like a boss.
The usual post flurry from Robert. Eight posts of nitpicking (see my next post), ad homs (for which he chides others), one-liners and bold assertions without the least hint of a citation. Robert is nothing if not predictable.

Last edited by Walter Ego; 13th November 2011 at 06:04 AM.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:01 AM   #866
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,721
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Two or more equals conspiracy. Obviously.
So LHO was going to shoot JFK with his rifle and his bullets. And they conspired with him?

Because you seem to argue against LHO ever having touched the rifle or bullets.

Which would mean the two other guys CANT have conspired with him..


Ergo you have no evidence of conspiracy. Simple.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:03 AM   #867
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,721
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Factually incorrect.
Ok. Name the other employees who fled....
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:06 AM   #868
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,721
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
"Killed a police officer? How do you know that?
Because there is even stronger material evidence pointing to LHO shooting Tippet than there is his shooting JFK. Feel free to disprove it. You might fair better than you have so far.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:13 AM   #869
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,721
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Sophomoric nonsense.
It was a drawing! Not a photograph. Not evidence. An illustration, an aid of memory claiming to illustrate a statement you have not varified. (Please feel free to argue that. I would love to see your evidence the photo you posted was JFK... Let me guess the leaked photos you like are accurate and the rest were faked? Even if the one you posted was Tippet?)

Please Rob. Enlighten me. How can people have conspired with LHO for a crime he didnt conspire or intend to commit? How did LHO and two anti Castro guys fake an autopsy? What evidence do you have to support all this?

A drawing? Yeah, pointing out that is flawed to say the least is "sophmoric nonsense". Sheesh.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:13 AM   #870
Walter Ego
Master Poster
 
Walter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Ego

Oswald was the only employee of the TSBD who was inside the building at the time of the assassination who fled the scene..
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Factually incorrect.
Nitpicking. In a roll call of Texas School Book Depository employees a half hour after the assassination, only Oswald and one other employee were missing. The other employee, Charles Givens, who had been outside watching the presidential motorcade, was located shortly thereafter. (Bugliosi, p. 959)

Of all the TSBD employees, Oswald was the only one who fled the scene of the crime within minutes of the assassination, an action betraying a consciousness of guilt.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:31 AM   #871
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
Nitpicking. In a roll call of Texas School Book Depository employees a half hour after the assassination, only Oswald and one other employee were missing. The other employee, Charles Givens, who had been outside watching the presidential motorcade, was located shortly thereafter. (Bugliosi, p. 959)

Of all the TSBD employees, Oswald was the only one who fled the scene of the crime within minutes of the assassination, an action betraying a consciousness of guilt.
"In the first place, there was no such roll call, and in the second place, Oswald was not the only employee absent from the building after the assassination. Out of a total of 75 persons employed in the building, 48 were outside at 12:30 and five had not reported for work that day. Others left the building almost immediately after hearing the shots. Many employees were not allowed to enter the building after the assassination."

Warren Commission, Vol XXII, page. 632-686 as cited in "Rush to Judgement," page 82.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:34 AM   #872
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
It was a drawing! Not a photograph. Not evidence. An illustration, an aid of memory claiming to illustrate a statement you have not varified. (Please feel free to argue that. I would love to see your evidence the photo you posted was JFK... Let me guess the leaked photos you like are accurate and the rest were faked? Even if the one you posted was Tippet?)

Please Rob. Enlighten me. How can people have conspired with LHO for a crime he didnt conspire or intend to commit? How did LHO and two anti Castro guys fake an autopsy? What evidence do you have to support all this?

A drawing? Yeah, pointing out that is flawed to say the least is "sophmoric nonsense". Sheesh.
More sophomoric nonsense with unproven conclusions contained in your premise. Sharpen up your logic if you want a dialogue.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:35 AM   #873
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
Because there is even stronger material evidence pointing to LHO shooting Tippet than there is his shooting JFK. Feel free to disprove it. You might fair better than you have so far.
Yeah, well I hardly feel "free" to dis-prove any unstated "proof." State just one piece of "stronger" material evidence.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:38 AM   #874
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
So LHO was going to shoot JFK with his rifle and his bullets. And they conspired with him?

Because you seem to argue against LHO ever having touched the rifle or bullets.

Which would mean the two other guys CANT have conspired with him..


Ergo you have no evidence of conspiracy. Simple.
More confused nonsense. I've never said LHO shot anyone.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 06:57 AM   #875
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 25,108
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Sophomoric nonsense.
Your typical juvenile response. I notice that you were incapable of responding to any of it. It must be awkward for you, having to hobble around on feet with self-inflicted gunshot wounds in them.

Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
"His gun"? How do you know that? "His bullets" How do you know that?
Read the WC Report.

Quote:
Oswald had "ties" to FBI,, CIA, Naval Intell, Army intell, Jack Ruby, Mafia,
anti-Castro Cubans and a host of others.
How do you know that? Your single best piece of evidence for it. LOL.

Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Typical and Predictable. No single piece of evidence, indeed. The Magic Bullet, whether real or imagined did not Kill JFK. The fatal shot or shots to the head did -- the single piece of evidence you choose to avoid.
You got one thing right in the whole thread. Well done, Robert! The Magic Bullet did create a puncture wound through Kennedy and the only place it could go was into Connelly. It was the next shot that Oswald took that struck Kennedy in the back of the head. If you look at the Zapruder film, you can clearly see the exit wound out the right front of his head occurring. Well, sane people can see it.

Quote:
"Lunatic with a gun"??? What makes you think LHO was a lunatic? Do you know what a "patsy" is?
We refer to Oswald as a lunatic because he assassinated Kennedy. I'm guessing a "patsy" is a CT Loon who has been fed a steady diet of nonsense until reality no longer exists for him.

Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
"Killed a police officer? How do you know that?
Yes, officer Tippitt. Have you been paying attention at all? Earlier in the thread it was shown that he was in possession of the revolver which was proved to have been purchased by Oswald and proved to be the murder weapon of officer Tippitt.

Are you really that far gone?

Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
And he wasn't, but murdered by elements of his own government in consort with his other arch enemies in the Mafia.
What is your single best piece of evidence for that nonsense?

Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Yeah, well I hardly feel "free" to dis-prove any unstated "proof." State just one piece of "stronger" material evidence.
Explain why Oswald was captured and in possession of the handgun which he bought and which was proved to be the murder weapon of officer Tippitt. Your single best piece of evidence, please.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 07:02 AM   #876
Walter Ego
Master Poster
 
Walter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,686
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
"In the first place, there was no such roll call, and in the second place, Oswald was not the only employee absent from the building after the assassination. Out of a total of 75 persons employed in the building, 48 were outside at 12:30 and five had not reported for work that day. Others left the building almost immediately after hearing the shots. Many employees were not allowed to enter the building after the assassination."

Warren Commission, Vol XXII, page. 632-686 as cited in "Rush to Judgement," page 82.
Wow, a citation. And from the mendacious Mark Lane no less.

More nitpicking. The point is that Oswald fled the scene of the crime. He nearly knocked down NBC reporter Robert MacNiel while exiting the front door of the TSBD and was seen by an ex-landlady on a city bus a few minutes later. Why did Oswald haul ass from Dealey Plaza, return to his rooming house (where he stored his handgun) and then kill Officer Tibbit? These are not the actions of an innocent man.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 07:50 AM   #877
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
Wow, a citation. And from the mendacious Mark Lane no less.

More nitpicking. The point is that Oswald fled the scene of the crime. He nearly knocked down NBC reporter Robert MacNiel while exiting the front door of the TSBD and was seen by an ex-landlady on a city bus a few minutes later. Why did Oswald haul ass from Dealey Plaza, return to his rooming house (where he stored his handgun) and then kill Officer Tibbit? These are not the actions of an innocent man.
Perhaps he just realized he was about to be framed for the Crime of the Century. But how do you know he killed Officer Tippit?
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 07:53 AM   #878
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Explain why Oswald was captured and in possession of the handgun which he bought and which was proved to be the murder weapon of officer Tippitt. Your single best piece of evidence, please.
Once again, you have stated an unproven conclusion in your premise. If you say the handgun he bought was used to murder Tippit, then what is your evidence????
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 07:57 AM   #879
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Robo Timbo wrote:

Quote:
Oswald had "ties" to FBI,, CIA, Naval Intell, Army intell, Jack Ruby, Mafia,
anti-Castro Cubans and a host of others.
How do you know that? Your single best piece of evidence for it. LOL.

Comment: Happy to. But name just one.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th November 2011, 07:59 AM   #880
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
RoboTimbo wrote:

Quote:
"Lunatic with a gun"??? What makes you think LHO was a lunatic? Do you know what a "patsy" is?
We refer to Oswald as a lunatic because he assassinated Kennedy. I'm guessing a "patsy" is a CT Loon who has been fed a steady diet of nonsense until reality no longer exists for him."


Comment:
Tired of having to correct your logic, but your conclusion is again contained in your premise. You have not proved that LHO killed Kennedy.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.