ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Welcome!

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags introduce , members , newbies , welcome , welcome posts

Old 25th May 2012, 09:33 AM   #1001
COLONEL
Sniper of the Galactic Universe

Good day and welcome NEWB'S this is Memorialday Weekend So we will have a special BBQ along with Goats milk we will try to have anything you ask for available Beef,Roo,goat etc.etc. that goes for Veggies and salads too. Enjoy the 3 day weekend
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end" - R. J. Wiedermann LtCol. USMC Ret.
COLONEL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2012, 01:29 PM   #1002
qjornt
New Blood

All right, I feel it's time I start interacting with this amazing community.
Hello JREF! My alias is Qjornt, as you see. However my real name is Adnan.
I got introduced to this place by Mehdimentio, although I'm acquainted with yet another soul here (I believe he goes by the alias Tubba or something). This seems like a great place with a bunch of intellectual minds, a place where someone like I will spend quite a lot of quality time during my excess usage of the internet. I guess I should tell something about myself? I'm not really sure what to say...
Currently I'm a high school senior, residing in Sweden. Graduating soon, and as the summer fades away, my mind will be going away to a university for five years, so that I can finally major in "engineering physics".

I'm generally very docile and calm, which I find very neat. I'm a bit shy as well, but sometimes I can supress that and communicate with people. I love music, actually I'm a bit of a novice pianist. Not nearly as expertised as those you on occasion stumble upon on Youtube, you could say I'm OK.

I play games as well. Not very frequently, but sometimes, such as now, I can get stuck with a specific game (Diablo 3, hard to guess) for days, or even weeks, and I hate when that happens, since not much get's done and my general nature changes during that period. But it's nice to explore something so... unreachable.

I don't really know what else to say... so I guess that's it for this post.

Love to you all. Have a great [period of day].

Humble regards, Qjornt.
qjornt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2012, 02:21 PM   #1003
TubbaBlubba
Knave of the Dudes

'Sup.
Old 27th May 2012, 02:54 PM   #1004
AdMan
Philosopher

Originally Posted by qjornt View Post
All right, I feel it's time I start interacting with this amazing community.
Hello JREF! My alias is Qjornt, as you see. However my real name is Adnan.
Your real name differs from my nick by one letter, and although I'm not Swedish I am half Norwegian, so we must be psychically linked. Or something.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 27th May 2012, 04:09 PM   #1005
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

Originally Posted by Enigmanaut View Post
I'm from Fairless Hills in Bucks County, it's to the North East of Philly. As for the "Superhero stuff", well, I'd post a link, but I can't do that just yet.
Ah Bucks County, been trough there plenty of times. One of my favorite places as a kid was the Oxford Valley Mall (they had the 'spaceport' arcade) and a real good hobby store (at least in the 70’s). The first two story mall I’d ever seen. My parents live in the Rhawnhurst area.

You can just post the important part of the URL and we can do the rest.

Welcome everyone
"Not a seat but a springboard” (1942 Winston Churchill) "As he who, seeking asses, found a kingdom" (1671 Milton "Paradise Regained") "for it seem'd A void was made in nature, all her bonds Crack'd; and I saw the flaring atom-streams And torrents of her myriad universe, Ruining along the illimitable inane, Fly on to clash together again, and make Another and another frame of things For ever." (1868 Tennyson "Lucretius")
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2012, 11:29 AM   #1006
SkeptiKhatt
Thinker

I'd like to offer a warm welcome to all the new folks. You'll find that we are a bunch of fun, intelligent people. Except for the jerks, of course. They're jerks. But you've been warned about that already.

Cold day in Hell before I ban Khatt. - Ducky

There is only One True Khatt. - ConspiRaider
SkeptiKhatt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2012, 09:23 PM   #1007
Enigmanaut
New Blood

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Ah Bucks County, been trough there plenty of times. One of my favorite places as a kid was the Oxford Valley Mall (they had the 'spaceport' arcade) and a real good hobby store (at least in the 70’s). The first two story mall I’d ever seen. My parents live in the Rhawnhurst area.

You can just post the important part of the URL and we can do the rest.

Welcome everyone
I could walk to the Oxford Valley Mall in under 30 minutes from where I live now. I loved it as a kid, particularly the long, spiral ramp at the center... which was sadly replaced long ago with stairs and elevators.
Enigmanaut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2012, 05:42 AM   #1008
Careyp74
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Enigmanaut View Post
I'm from Fairless Hills in Bucks County, it's to the North East of Philly. As for the "Superhero stuff", well, I'd post a link, but I can't do that just yet.
Hey E, welcome. I see that you are close by. What is your current religious affiliation, if you don't mind me asking?
Careyp74 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2012, 09:42 AM   #1009
Ape of Good Hope
Muse

Hi all. I feel I've spent long enough lurking, and am now ready to dip a cautious toe in the water.

I'm here mostly because I find the psychology of 9/11 truthers interesting, however I've also been enjoying the threads on-or-involving Moon hoaxers, Holocaust deniers and freemen-on-the-land (Robert Menard is comedy gold).

I have a weakness for puns, and am already regretting my user name (I'm not even South African).

My "job" - Musician/artist/designer/anything that comes along that I can turn my hand to. It keeps me poor but it keeps me happy.

Age - old enough to know better.

Location - Bristol, England.
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2012, 09:49 AM   #1010
AdMan
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ape of Good Hope View Post
Hi all. I feel I've spent long enough lurking, and am now ready to dip a cautious toe in the water.

I'm here mostly because I find the psychology of 9/11 truthers interesting, however I've also been enjoying the threads on-or-involving Moon hoaxers, Holocaust deniers and freemen-on-the-land (Robert Menard is comedy gold).

You have more fortitude than many of us who rarely venture into the depths of the CT subforums.

Welcome!
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2012, 10:51 AM   #1011
Ape of Good Hope
Muse

Thanks for the welcome!

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
You have more fortitude than many of us who rarely venture into the depths of the CT subforums. !
I can't not look, that's my problem.

If I know CTers are tap-tap-tapping away I just have to take a guilty peek, if only to satisfy myself that they're still obsessing over the small stuff.

And yes, they always are
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2012, 03:26 PM   #1012
FenerFan
Master Poster

I'm here mostly because I find the psychology of 9/11 truthers interesting, however I've also been enjoying the threads on-or-involving Moon hoaxers, Holocaust deniers and freemen-on-the-land (Robert Menard is comedy gold)
Hello and welcome. I came to this forum for the same reason. I lurked for a long time before I became a member. That was back when the whole Loose Change b.s. was really peaking. A lot of truthers on other forums used to refer those who appeared to be skeptical as "JREFers.". One day I googled JREF and found this forum. I found out there was lot more going on here and have stuck around. The truthers that still post here are trolls or just rehash tired theories that were totally debunked years ago. For me, it wasn't the same after Gravy stopped posting.
Anyway, I hope you stick around for a while. Cheers!

But like all human beings, every now and then, we crap in our pants. -Les Claypool
FenerFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2012, 08:00 PM   #1013
Tricky
Briefly immortal

Mod Warning Discussion of inside jokes split here. This thread is for welcoming new members, please.
Posted By:Tricky
Tricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2012, 03:48 AM   #1014
Ape of Good Hope
Muse

Originally Posted by FenerFan View Post
Hello and welcome. I came to this forum for the same reason. I lurked for a long time before I became a member. That was back when the whole Loose Change b.s. was really peaking. A lot of truthers on other forums used to refer those who appeared to be skeptical as "JREFers.". One day I googled JREF and found this forum. I found out there was lot more going on here and have stuck around. The truthers that still post here are trolls or just rehash tired theories that were totally debunked years ago. For me, it wasn't the same after Gravy stopped posting.
Anyway, I hope you stick around for a while. Cheers!
Thanks

I came to JREF in a similar fashion to yourself. I dread to think how many man-hours I've lost over the years debating minutiae with truthers across various fora, so I was a little reluctant to post on yet another forum (particularly given my propensity for getting dragged into pointless circular discussions).

But as you say, there's more to this place than the conspiracy theory subforum.

[trots off to give the "Really, really good solos" thread a look over]
Old 8th June 2012, 06:56 PM   #1015
Enigmanaut
New Blood

Originally Posted by Careyp74 View Post
Hey E, welcome. I see that you are close by. What is your current religious affiliation, if you don't mind me asking?
Atheist.
Enigmanaut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2012, 10:52 AM   #1016
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

Thanks

I came to JREF in a similar fashion to yourself. I dread to think how many man-hours I've lost over the years debating minutiae with truthers across various fora, so I was a little reluctant to post on yet another forum (particularly given my propensity for getting dragged into pointless circular discussions).

But as you say, there's more to this place than the conspiracy theory subforum.

[trots off to give the "Really, really good solos" thread a look over]
Exactly, why limit yourself when you can get dragged into a pointless circular discussion on just about any topic here.

Welcome Ape of Good Hope and everyone else.
"Not a seat but a springboard” (1942 Winston Churchill) "As he who, seeking asses, found a kingdom" (1671 Milton "Paradise Regained") "for it seem'd A void was made in nature, all her bonds Crack'd; and I saw the flaring atom-streams And torrents of her myriad universe, Ruining along the illimitable inane, Fly on to clash together again, and make Another and another frame of things For ever." (1868 Tennyson "Lucretius")
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2012, 01:01 PM   #1017
OntarioSquatch
Muse

Hello, i'm a fan Bigfoot and I have generally thick skin so I thought i'd join! It looks like a big forum, i'm not sure where to start reading first...
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2012, 01:24 PM   #1018
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
Hello, i'm a fan Bigfoot and I have generally thick skin so I thought i'd join! It looks like a big forum, i'm not sure where to start reading first...
Well, if sasquatches are your taste, "General skepticism and the Paranormal" is the best place to find your subject. Science is good too, and of course Forum Community can be fun.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2012, 01:26 PM   #1019
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post

Hi there, OS. Welcome to the zoo.

I see Cousin Bruto has already given you some directions, so off you go and enjoy your stay.

Cheers

Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2012, 07:39 PM   #1020
MsFortune
Scholar

Hi - I've lurked for a while - time to post.

I'm a skeptic and have gone to a skeptic event locally, which I enjoyed and really should do again.

My interest is mostly in science & medicine based skepticism - I'm also an atheist and feminist, so I'm interested in topics around those areas as well.
MsFortune is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2012, 07:40 PM   #1021
MsFortune
Scholar

but while those are my initial interests, I'm fascinated by the Holocaust denial threads.

They are,
MsFortune is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2012, 07:42 PM   #1022
MsFortune
Scholar

Also, you mention a Community Forum. I can't find it. Help!
Old 11th June 2012, 07:49 PM   #1023
AdMan
Philosopher

Welcome, MsFortune! Sounds like you'll fit right in.

Here is Forum Community: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...splay.php?f=26
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2012, 07:49 PM   #1024
HighRiser
Graduate Poster

Forum Index, near the top of the page, under Randi's beard.
Old 11th June 2012, 08:27 PM   #1025
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by MsFortune View Post
Hi - I've lurked for a while - time to post.

We're in complementary positions.

I've been posting for a while and it's probably time I lurked.

I'm a skeptic and have gone to a skeptic event locally, which I enjoyed and really should do again.

Absolutely. It's always good to be reminded that the world isn't completely full of "them".

My interest is mostly in science & medicine based skepticism - I'm also an atheist and feminist, so I'm interested in topics around those areas as well.

You're going to have a great time here, I reckon.

Welcome aboard.

Love the screen name.

Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2012, 08:20 PM   #1026
Aegist
Student

Hello JREF Community! First time poster, long time skeptic....

I'm basically here because I am fortunate enough to be going to TAM this year, and the registration form asked for my forum handle, so I decided to go and make one. I am also looking to meet more people in the skeptic community , particularly the big blog owners and podcasters, in an effort to reach more skeptics to help raise skeptical awareness of my new app, rbutr, which I am hoping all skeptics will flock to..... So say hello, and let me know if you are going to TAM this year!

Shane
Aegist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2012, 09:08 PM   #1027
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Hi Aegist!

Sounds like you might want to have a look through The Amaz!ng Meeting! and other Skeptical Events

Anyway . . .

Welcome to the Forum!

Old 12th June 2012, 10:37 PM   #1028
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Here's a couple of helpful links while you figure out site navigation.

Forum index
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...forumindex.php
User control panel. Show recent subscribed theads; post viewing, subscription options, etc.; even a link to attachments that you have posted previously (which you can post as a link instead of reposting the same image)
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/usercp.php
A "how to" guide including a list of forum smilies
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...q=new_faq_item
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d=vB_Editor_QR
I am an American citizen who is part of American society and briefly served in the American armed forces. I use American dollars and pay taxes that support the American government. And yes, despite the editorial decison to change American politics to the nonsensical "USA politics" subforum, I follow and comment on American politics.
UnrepentantSinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2012, 11:16 PM   #1029
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader

Originally Posted by Aegist View Post
Hello JREF Community! First time poster, long time skeptic....

I'm basically here because I am fortunate enough to be going to TAM this year, and the registration form asked for my forum handle, so I decided to go and make one. I am also looking to meet more people in the skeptic community , particularly the big blog owners and podcasters, in an effort to reach more skeptics to help raise skeptical awareness of my new app, rbutr, which I am hoping all skeptics will flock to..... So say hello, and let me know if you are going to TAM this year!

Shane
Ah, see.... I was just telling myself that I needed to come over to the welcome wagon to straighten the place up a bit. We always get a few new members prior to and after TAMs. Seems I should've dropped in a bit earlier.

So welcome aboard. Where ya from? (I think there's a law that everyone named Shane has to live in California, isn't there? Or am I showing my age and that was already repealed?)

Couple of key factors... if you want to link us to anything, you need fifteen posts. That's an anti-spammer mechanism - I believe it stops bots in their tracks. And if you want a neato cool avatar, you have to get up to 50 posts.

Both targets are easily met. Drop in over at Forum Community or Humor. There are threads there that you don't have to read and that seem to be specifically designed just to up the post count. (Word Association, Say What's On Your Mind, Let's Count to 1,000,000). Alternate - just say you have a side (any side) on Elevatorgate. You'll be engaged toot sweet. (Or check out the Sexual Harassment at TAM thread - sorry to disappoint, but it's not a How To thread as a couple of our regular reprobates were hoping.)

Welcome aboard. (I already said that didn't I?) Enjoy your TAM and enjoy your stay on the boards. There's a little bit of everything here, so not difficult to find a topic you're interested in.

Don't you wish someone had slapped baby Hitler really really hard? [i] Dr. Buzzo 02/13 [i]
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2012, 07:48 AM   #1030
Aegist
Student

Awesome! Thanks everyone. And Foolmewunz, I am from Sydney, Australia. Though at the moment I am living in Chile (about to move down to Pucon - next to a Volcano for winter!). I am here participating in a program called Start-Up Chile, which provide funding for early stage businesses.

After Chile though, we aren't sure exactly where we will end up. Quickly likely Thailand though...
Aegist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2012, 09:26 AM   #1031
Foolmewunz

Originally Posted by Aegist View Post
Awesome! Thanks everyone. And Foolmewunz, I am from Sydney, Australia. Though at the moment I am living in Chile (about to move down to Pucon - next to a Volcano for winter!). I am here participating in a program called Start-Up Chile, which provide funding for early stage businesses.

After Chile though, we aren't sure exactly where we will end up. Quickly likely Thailand though...
One of my favorite countries although I've never made it to Pucon. It's supposed to be lovely. I may have seen the volcano from off in the distance, though. The air is so clear down there that you can see for a brazzilion miles and I once drove from Concepcion to Puerto Montt.

We've got a regular here - Canadian - who's in Vina/Valpo when he's in Chile... AntiqueHunter. And Patricio Elicer is a veteran of many years.

How would you compare the wines to Aussie wines? I can no longer get decent Chilean reds. They were popular in New York, but in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Thailand they only bring in the swill. Frankly, I'd rate the lower end Aussie wines much higher than the lower end Chileans, but on the higher end of the quality scale, I think they're equal. (Because I was heavily involved in the supply chain for Codelco, I was the best buddy of the Chilean ocean carriers. They used to give out cases of Vina Maipo and Santa Rita for Christmas. Awesome wines. I have to confess that I don't even know if they're available any longer - might've sold out or closed for all I know.)

Don't you wish someone had slapped baby Hitler really really hard? [i] Dr. Buzzo 02/13 [i]
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2012, 09:57 AM   #1032
AdMan
Philosopher

Welcome, Aegist. We have a lot of Australians here, for some reason, and as Foolmewunz mentioned some members from Chile.

Glad to hear you will be at TAM! You should head over to the TAM X Roll Call thread and add your name and info to the list.
Old 13th June 2012, 02:16 PM   #1033
Aegist
Student

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
How would you compare the wines to Aussie wines? I can no longer get decent Chilean reds. They were popular in New York, but in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Thailand they only bring in the swill. Frankly, I'd rate the lower end Aussie wines much higher than the lower end Chileans, but on the higher end of the quality scale, I think they're equal. (Because I was heavily involved in the supply chain for Codelco, I was the best buddy of the Chilean ocean carriers. They used to give out cases of Vina Maipo and Santa Rita for Christmas. Awesome wines. I have to confess that I don't even know if they're available any longer - might've sold out or closed for all I know.)
Unfortunately I cannot help you out - I am one of the surprising minorities who don't drink wine! However there are a couple of businesses here in the SUP Chile program who actually are working with local wineries to improve things... not sure if that makes a difference or not?

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
Welcome, Aegist. We have a lot of Australians here, for some reason, and as Foolmewunz mentioned some members from Chile.

Glad to hear you will be at TAM! You should head over to the TAM X Roll Call thread and add your name and info to the list.
Done!
Old 13th June 2012, 07:40 PM   #1034
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Also, you should hit the Australians Only thread whenever you feel homesick.
Old 14th June 2012, 01:17 PM   #1035
Aegist
Student

OK Will do... I probably won't be home for a long time
Old 14th June 2012, 06:17 PM   #1036
T4eresa
New Blood

Hello there

Greetings, earthlings. I'm brand new. I was driven here by my recently completed naturopathic education in which I resisted the "education" in homeopathy by actually looking up the "science" to which our professors referred. But then, I was already an entrenched skeptic. Hoping to find reinforcements here.
T4eresa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2012, 06:28 PM   #1037
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by T4eresa View Post
Greetings, earthlings. I'm brand new.

Hi there. I'm positively ancient.

I was driven here by my recently completed naturopathic education in which I resisted the "education" in homeopathy by actually looking up the "science" to which our professors referred. But then, I was already an entrenched skeptic.

Happy to hear you didn't succus succumb.

Hoping to find reinforcements here.

You are the reinforcements.

Welcome to the Forum, T4resa.

Last edited by Akhenaten; 14th June 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 14th June 2012, 08:06 PM   #1038
Foolmewunz

Greetings, earthlings. I'm brand new. I was driven here by my recently completed naturopathic education in which I resisted the "education" in homeopathy by actually looking up the "science" to which our professors referred. But then, I was already an entrenched skeptic. Hoping to find reinforcements here.
Well, welcome, ... Indeed!

Are you fully through the 12 step cure, or was it solely homeopathy that you found problems with. Naturopathy includes a whole lot of woo and quackery other than homeopaty, doesn't it?

What do you like to eat?
Where ya from?
Coffe or Tea?
Cats or Dogs?
Who was on the grassy knoll?
Ever seen a Bigfoot?
Was Jesus really divine, or simply precious?
Occupy Wall Street are a bunch of filthy hippies. Yes or No?

Stroll around and make yourself comfortable. There are dozens of threads over in Forum Community where you can get to know people a bit before delving into conversations in the "headier" sub-forums, but if you want to start a thread on what you learned or didn't learn in your courses, I'd suggest the General Skepticism and Paranormal sub-forum. (There's also a sub-forum for science and medicine, but I fear that if you mention Naturopathy in that area, you might get a rude introduction to the forums - they're a bright lot in there but can be a bit insufferable from time to time.)

Old 14th June 2012, 09:57 PM   #1039
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Greetings, earthlings.
Who're you calling an earthling, earthling?
Old 15th June 2012, 02:48 PM   #1040
Aegist
Student

I saw an interesting post about this subject by Orac recently (thanks to Reddit):

Oh damn. Still no links for me yet. But search for Respectful Insolence: "The problem with homeopathy, according to naturopaths" by Orac

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Welcome!