ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 11th November 2012, 07:08 PM   #41
Elizabeth I
Olympic Equestrian Wannabe

Originally Posted by frenat View Post
he is what is known on GLP as a "moontard". they are surprised EVERY MONTH when the Moon is not visible some nights or not in exactly the same place as the night before.
What, there's more than one? That's scary.

• There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. - Winston Churchill
• Never wrestle with a pig - you just get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
• My blog: Pardon me, may I ask...
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2012, 07:25 PM   #42
frenat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
What, there's more than one? That's scary.
On that site there are quite a few of them. Some of them stick to just the moon being out of place. Some claim EVERYTHING is wrong (Earth is tilting is usually the supposed reason). Some claim it is all related to Nibiru.
frenat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2012, 09:18 PM   #43
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

he is what is known on GLP as a "moontard". they are surprised EVERY MONTH when the Moon is not visible some nights or not in exactly the same place as the night before.
Hold u.. wa... What???

What do they think is happening with the phases?
Old 11th November 2012, 09:20 PM   #44
StankApe
Banned

me thinks they think it's Jesus's night lite, and some days he's out on the town.
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 06:31 AM   #45
Alareth
Expert Expertologist

Sadly I've known a few people that were unable to process the fact the moon can sometimes be seen during the day.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 06:45 AM   #46
frenat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
Hold u.. wa... What???

What do they think is happening with the phases?
many of them think it is the Moon getting in the way of the Sun. Some get rather violent when you try to correct them.
frenat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 08:19 AM   #47
swright777
Muse

When politely told that "the Moon phases repeat every 29 days. Most months are 30 or 31 days. You do the math." he responds with
Quote:
Btw 31-29=15???? Damn your math is bad.
I get paid every 14 days. At least two months a year (sometimes 3) I get paid three times. 31 - 14 - 14 <> 14. Damn, I must be in on the conspiracy!!!1!11!!1

You could try to explain it to him that way if he has a job IRL.
swright777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 08:34 AM   #48
frenat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by swright777 View Post
I get paid every 14 days. At least two months a year (sometimes 3) I get paid three times. 31 - 14 - 14 <> 14. Damn, I must be in on the conspiracy!!!1!11!!1

You could try to explain it to him that way if he has a job IRL.
With his replies and the amount of venom in his tone I'm not sure if he really believes what he posts or is just a troll. There are A LOT of trolls on GLP. Quite a few flat Earth trolls, Nibiru trolls, Sun is brighter, 911, etc.
Old 12th November 2012, 08:41 AM   #49
pakeha
Penultimate Amazing

From godlikeproductions.com
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1458951/pg2
a poster claims that New Moon was only two weeks ago among other things ...
That IS impressive!
From the same poster:
Quote:
no one really knows were the moon is except NASA and they definitly are not going to tell us.
pakeha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 11:36 AM   #50
Alareth
Expert Expertologist

With his replies and the amount of venom in his tone I'm not sure if he really believes what he posts or is just a troll. There are A LOT of trolls on GLP. Quite a few flat Earth trolls, Nibiru trolls, Sun is brighter, 911, etc.
The Nibiru trolls are a given since Nancy Lieder posts at GLP

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 03:20 PM   #51
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
The Nibiru trolls are a given since Nancy Lieder posts at GLP

She's still at it? Yeesh...
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 05:20 AM   #52
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

From unhinged lawyer Orly Taitz, in her latest filing in Mississippi:
Quote:
[Felecito Papa, her "expert"] testified that Obama's birth certificate cannot be genuine, that it is a forgery, due to the fact that Adobe Illustrator was created only about 10 years ago, it did not exist 51 years ago when Obama was born.
Bottom of page 2
Old 13th November 2012, 05:36 AM   #53
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post

Bottom of page 2
Winner.

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 06:28 AM   #54
Shrike
Warning: May Contain Nuts

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post

Bottom of page 2

'Defense did not have any witnesses or any exhibits in rebuttal'.

No ****, Sherlock!
Old 13th November 2012, 06:33 AM   #55
Straw Man
Flammable

Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Winner.
It will be the only thing she has ever had a chance of winning.

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 08:35 AM   #56
patchbunny
Graduate Poster

It's a little long, but I pulled this off comments on the recent house explosion in Indianapolis.

Quote:
Massive Explosion Reported After CIA Drone Targets Indianapolis
By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers
A chilling report circulating in the Kremlin this afternoon released by the Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) states that Kosmos 2479 detected the firing of two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles from a MQ-1 Predator drone yesterday being operated by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) over the United States city of Indianapolis that resulted in a massive explosion, and from local US media reports resulted in at least two deaths.

Kosmos 2479 is an early warning satellite launched in 2012 as part of the VKO's Oko programme and monitors the US from geostationary orbit for all possible threats, including the tracking of American airspace for US Air Force and CIA fighter jets, bombers and drones. The CIA's MQ-1 Predator drones, equipped with two fearsome AGM-114 Hellfire missiles.

According to this report, after the firing of these drone-missiles, two distinct trajectories were recorded which were “near simultaneously countermanded” by countermeasures employed by an AN/ALQ-99 airborne electronic warfare system aboard a US Air Force EA-6B Prowler electronic warfare aircraft that had been dispatched from Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to track this CIA drone that had, apparently, deviated from its assigned flight track.

Most ominous in this VKO report is its stating that the “intended targets” of these Hellfire missiles were the US Army Resource Services (PPBES) and the US Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), both located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
"So, they laugh at my boner, will they? I'll show them! I'll show them how many boners the Joker can make!" -- The Joker, Batman #66
patchbunny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 12:01 PM   #57
daggerstab
Student

Originally Posted by patchbunny View Post
It's a little long, but I pulled this off comments on the recent house explosion in Indianapolis.
It's Sorcha Fall. There's a reason even the tinfoil brigade call "her" "Such a Fail". I suggest Googling the name, or going directly to the motherlode:
http://whatdoesitmean.com/
daggerstab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 02:51 PM   #58
matt.tansy
Muse

Uploaded yesterday.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 13th November 2012, 03:19 PM   #59
StankApe
Banned

Here's a quote from someone one my facebook responding to a post I made about quack medicine:

Quote:
like i said in the beginning the proof is in the pudding and the only pudding i can attest to is my own and my pudding knows that a chiropractic care and yoga and herbal remedies work this not woo it is not mystical but as for scientist Darwin himself sought out water treatments

Last edited by StankApe; 13th November 2012 at 03:54 PM.
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 03:49 PM   #60
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

If the CIA were to make war with the military I suspect they lose.
Old 13th November 2012, 05:15 PM   #61
patchbunny
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by daggerstab View Post
It's Sorcha Fall. There's a reason even the tinfoil brigade call "her" "Such a Fail". I suggest Googling the name, or going directly to the motherlode:
http://whatdoesitmean.com/
I've never come across her before. :P
"So, they laugh at my boner, will they? I'll show them! I'll show them how many boners the Joker can make!" -- The Joker, Batman #66
patchbunny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 08:40 PM   #62
StankApe
Banned

from Icke's site (it's a bit long, but it's a doozy)

Quote:
there is a comet coming into the solar system called COMET C/2012 S1 (ISON), announced Sept 2012

it is large (planet-sized) and may collide with Mars early Jan 2014. it will pass the Sun Nov 2013. it is currently near Jupiter.

http://www.jmccsci.com/Comet%20C2012...20Sub-page.HTM

enhttp://www.jmccsci.com/Comet%20C2012%20S1%20%28ISON%29%20Sub-page.HTM

we r also (not officially announced) entering a 90,000 yr period of ice-age hence the snow?

there will be an alignment with earth on 15 jan 13 - this will provide some indication of its strength
it is probably about the size of our moon
then it passes mars early oct 13
then mercury b4 passing sun nov 13
then passes earth 10-15 jan 14

it will almost certainly cause major storms/hurricanes
if its coma is lge enough we cd pass thru that which cd produce another 'red hand of death' event as per the Bible story of Egypt c1500 BC as the coma will contain SO2, ammonia + plus other deadly gases

these trajectories are based on its current orbit
if its orbit changes, which is possible, then anything cd happen
remember as per 'plasma discharge comet model', it doesnt have to hit a planet to be destructive due to possible electrical interaction

this will be clearly visible (unless NASA arrange some clouds for us) and will expose the **** NASA has been peddling 4 yrs re the nature of comets (planet x objects), being little dirty snowballs.
Old 13th November 2012, 09:06 PM   #63
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by StankApe View Post
from Icke's site (it's a bit long, but it's a doozy)
I... I don't... How.... Th... The wrong...
Old 13th November 2012, 10:32 PM   #64
LordXenu
Critical Thinker

Obesity is caused by low stomach acid:
http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2012/10...#comment-61003

Quote:
Most dietitians & nutritionists dont mention low levels of stomach acid, even though most ppl with bloat or overweight, have low levels of stomach acid at epidemic levels…

Too much food, & over eating REDUCES your stomach acid levels

As your body secretes hydrochloric acid ON DEMAND, its not always in your stomach …

A body fed on junk food & high carb foods, destroys the bodies ability to SECRETE hydrochloric acid on demand, when you eat food

Basically if you dont eat food, you dont have stomach acid, its secreted on demand

A poor immune system, damaged by a low quality diet, no longer secretes HCL acid, whenever you eat a substance

Essentially Im not discounting Low Carb diets, im just stating low stomach acid is one of the main culprits, for those with bloated stomachs & overweight problems

High levels of stomach acid, actually improves your ability to digest food, the higher the ph the more nutrients you digest

Theres plenty of ppl with weight problems & bloated stomachs, on low carb diets

Low levels of stomach acid, is ridiculously common to the point of being an epidimic, which is why I brought this subject up

Theres no such thing as too high stomach acid, as stomach acid is HIGHLY DILUTE

Acid reflux, heartburn etc., are ALL caused by low levels of sodium alkalis being secreted by the body

These alkalis are regulated by the levels of HCL acid, TOO LOW HCL acid & your body refuses to secrete sodium alkali’s, releasing HCL acid into your system

Im not stating low carb doesnt work, basically if you’re NOT getting results on low carb diets the main culprit is most probably low stomach acid …

Just look at an geographic photo of low carb Inuit tribes & primitives & you’ll see even with amazing access to incredible quality nutrition, with bloated stomachs & overweight

Ultimately Malabsorbtion is the MAIN culprit of obesity

Whether its caused by junk food, or high carb vegetarian diets, its the resulting malabsorbtion which is the cause of obesity

Obesity regardless of the cause, is a survival response to starvation

Essentially if you’re obese, you’re body is sufferring from extreme malabsorption

If you’re not getting results from low carb diets, or paleo diets, you should add HCL acids & Bitters

Last edited by LordXenu; 13th November 2012 at 10:35 PM.
LordXenu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2012, 12:16 AM   #65
erwinl
Muse

I've never come across her before. :P
It's most likely a hoax.
I've seen 'her' reports some years ago on a military forum. 'She' has too much classified information, form all over the world to be credible. It's just not possible for one person to have all this inside information, not only from Russia, but also from China and the USA.

I then suspected it was just a handle by the poster who had 'discovered' her and who regurarly came with new reports. Someone called Stuart or something. It's been a few years.
According to RationalWiki it could also be the owner of Godlikeproductions himself.
Old 14th November 2012, 05:13 AM   #66
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

So comets being made of ice and dust is now a conspiracy itself?

And didn't fearing comets bringing deadly gases like go away almost a century ago? Are they next going to tell us that cameras steal our souls?
Old 14th November 2012, 12:06 PM   #67
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by StankApe View Post
Here's a quote from someone one my facebook responding to a post I made about quack medicine:

Quote:
like i said in the beginning the proof is in the pudding and the only pudding i can attest to is my own and my pudding knows that a chiropractic care and yoga and herbal remedies work this not woo it is not mystical but as for scientist Darwin himself sought out water treatments
I love it when woo is compounded by an inability to express one's self in anything close to proper English.

As stated by the rock group "Supertramp" "If ya don't eat your meat, ya canna have any puddin' )
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2012, 12:07 PM   #68
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
? Are they next going to tell us that cameras steal our souls?
That's why my avatar is a picture of my cat......
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2012, 12:23 PM   #69
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher

The Neo-Nazi conspiraloon EU Times knows what really happened to General Petraeus. You think he resigned because he was having an affair with his biographer who sent threatening emails to another woman? Hah!

Quote:
The Main Intelligence Directorate (GRU) is reporting today that President Barack Obama has accelerated the purge of US Military officers involved in a coup against his regime by the “firing in disgrace” of former Four-Star Army General and current Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) David Petraeus [first photo left] yesterday.

According to this report, after his refusal to meet at the White House with Obama this past week, US Federal Forces loyal to the President stopped General Petraeus’ vehicle in DuPont Circle in Washington D.C. yesterday (Friday) morning whereupon a short gun battle ensued (Washington D.C. police are reporting this incident as an attempted robbery). General Petraeus was, then, apprehended, brought before Obama and forced to resign in disgrace over his supposedly admitting to an extramarital affair.

General Petraeus’s toppling follows similar attacks by the Obama regime in the past 3 weeks that has seen the unprecedented ouster of many top US Military leaders including Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette, US Army General Carter Ham, Brigadier General Jeffery A. Sinclair, and US Navy Commander Joseph E. Darlak, all of whom we had previously reported on in our reports “Obama Coup Plot Slams Into Russia” and “Obama Fires Top Admiral As Coup Plot Fears Grows.”

[...]

The coups “master plan”, this GRU report says, was for US Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney to be assassinated just prior to the 6 November election whereupon General Petraeus would become the Republican candidate under their party’s rules allowing him to be put into Romney’s place by a majority of State Representatives as allowed under RNC party rules.
That's right, he was arrested by Obama loyalists after a gun-battle, because he and other military officers were planning a coup in which Mitt Romney would be assassinated so Petraeus could take over as President!

Currently Reading: The Victorian City: Everyday Life in Dickens' London by Judith Flanders
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2012, 12:49 PM   #70
TSR
Do you know what this notorious criminal did?

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
I love it when woo is compounded by an inability to express one's self in anything close to proper English.

As stated by the rock group "Supertramp" "If ya don't eat your meat, ya canna have any puddin' )
Ummmm.

Pink Floyd, you cultural illiterate.

Unless you *meant* to be just another brick in The Wall?
My apologies once again for not being allowed to use the obvious shorthand term for a person who knowingly posts untruths. Apparently someone finds that term uncivil, demonstrated and deserved as it is.
"My family is not my weakness, Max. It's my strength." Vince Faraday aka The Cape
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2012, 02:17 PM   #71
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by ANTPogo View Post
The Neo-Nazi conspiraloon EU Times knows what really happened to General Petraeus. You think he resigned because he was having an affair with his biographer who sent threatening emails to another woman? Hah!

That's right, he was arrested by Obama loyalists after a gun-battle, because he and other military officers were planning a coup in which Mitt Romney would be assassinated so Petraeus could take over as President!
They got me too, forced me to plead guilty to a speeding ticket in Schaumburg, IL
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2012, 02:44 PM   #72
Border Reiver
Illuminator

Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Ummmm.

Doesn't anyone here remember Vera Lynne?
Old 14th November 2012, 03:29 PM   #73
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The month is young, but for sheer batcrap crazy that will be hard to top.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2012, 03:34 PM   #74
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Ummmm.

I'd like to nomiate myself for confusing two British rock bands
Old 14th November 2012, 03:35 PM   #75
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
IIRC its her version of "We'll Meet Again" that runs through the closing credits of "Dr. Strangelove".
Old 14th November 2012, 03:38 PM   #76
TSR
Do you know what this notorious criminal did?

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
Ummm. Hello?

Historian specializing in WWII who is also a singer?

"We'll Meet Again" "Lili Marlene" "A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square"

What fan of music aware of that era *doesn't*?
My apologies once again for not being allowed to use the obvious shorthand term for a person who knowingly posts untruths. Apparently someone finds that term uncivil, demonstrated and deserved as it is.
"My family is not my weakness, Max. It's my strength." Vince Faraday aka The Cape
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2012, 03:40 PM   #77
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ANTPogo View Post

I'm not sure of my US politics on this matter but Patraeus is next in line as Republican nominee if Romney dies before the election? Really?
Old 14th November 2012, 03:42 PM   #78
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Ummm. Hello?

Historian specializing in WWII who is also a singer?

"We'll Meet Again" "Lili Marlene" "A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square"

What fan of music aware of that era *doesn't*?
The band at the Remembrance Day ceremonies here plays "We'll Meet Again" every year as people are entering the Legion hall. No vocalist though.
Old 14th November 2012, 03:43 PM   #79
StankApe
Banned

There are 3 or 4 "coup averted" CT's out there at the moment. some involve made up Generals being gunned down and Obama fleein to California.

The internet, where crazy comes to stretch it's legs.
Old 14th November 2012, 04:12 PM   #80
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
I'm not sure of my US politics on this matter but Patraeus is next in line as Republican nominee if Romney dies before the election? Really?

The most outrageous part? Obama finds out about a Republican Plot to stage a coup before the election, and doesn't rat them out, in order to create an absolutely slam-dunk landslide win, as everyone not absolutely insanely Republican abandons the party.....

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories