ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th January 2013, 05:03 PM   #41
Weak Kitten
Graduate Poster

I like the alternate reality where Al Gore won the election and was president when the September 11th attacks happened. The US never invaded Iraq in that universe, though they did still go to Afghanistan with an international force.
A quick reminder to all participants that although incomprehensibility is not against the Membership Agreement, incivility is. Please try and remember this, and keep your exchanges polite and respectful. -arthwollipot
Weak Kitten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 09:16 AM   #42
Vortigern99
Philosopher

Originally Posted by StuBob View Post
Howdy Vort.
One of your neighbors in Austin Texas, E. Cline, wrote a fantastic book called 'Ready Player One'. All the fantasy realities exist, sort of, within a web that is called...gah! can't remember and now must read the book again!
Ok, thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 09:41 AM   #43
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

TRON. The bikes are cool, and you get to play video games all day.
Old 18th January 2013, 10:02 AM   #44
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Originally Posted by HansMustermann View Post
Actually, last I heard, that war caused a little over 850 billion sentient casualties, and for a while it was a war based on actually trying to inflict as many civilian casualties as possible on the worlds caught in the conflict, as to try to force a surrender that way. And a whole civilization being put, basically, in reservations.

I think I'll pass
That figure is for both sides.

Given that the Idiran lost its reasonable to think that they took more casulties.

The casualty figures also include medjel who the Idiran would have viewed as expendable (resulting in high casulty numbers) so that will have further reduced the number of culture citizens lost. You also got to consider the tactics the two sides employed. Once the culture tactics moved beyond running away you would have had culture ships controled by only one or two Minds destroying large numbers of fully crewed Idiran warships with even on a logarithmic scale is going to result in far more Idiran casulties than culture.

You've also got Homomda losses (probably fairly small) and non culture civilian losses (likely rather larger) to consider.

Last edited by geni; 18th January 2013 at 10:03 AM.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 11:33 AM   #45
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SonOfLaertes View Post
Niven's 'Known Space,' just not during the time that one suspects that they could be trussed up and eaten alive by intelligent, carnivorous felinoids. After that.

Well after that.

Or the time when one could be sent to the organ banks for being a habitual traffic offender.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 11:43 AM   #46
Furi
Felix Sapiens

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Xanth or Skyrim, a nice little house in Whiterun
Sorry, already robbed it, Sorry to relieve of your possessions, but that's the way it goes
Furi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 11:51 AM   #47
Dinwar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
When I was younger, so much younger than today, I dreamt of living in the kingdom of Thornwood or at Myst island.
Not the island, but D'ni would be a fairly good place to live. It had a bit of an overbearing government (Ti'ana and Atreus were almost unable to marry because a single member of the ruling body vetoed it), and okay, the Philosopher and the rich punk did some major damage to it, but there are downsides to all societies. I even know where I'd fit--given my profession and hobbies, I'd end up in either the Guild of Writers or Guild of Maintaners.

As far as Tamrielle, you couldn't pay me enough to live there. Skyrim subsists almost entirley as a hunter/gatherer society, for example. Then you've got the Emperial Cult and the Tribune, and the constant threat of Daedric invasion/cultist attacks, etc. Oh, and mages blowing themselves up. And every minor crack in the ground is filled with bloodthirsty monsters. I'm good with a blade, but not that good...

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Dinwar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 11:51 AM   #48
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
TRON. The bikes are cool, and you get to play video games all day.
...as long as you don't get derezzed.

"When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived." - Starship Troopers
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 12:38 PM   #49
Bell
beautiful freak

Originally Posted by Dinwar View Post
Not the island, but D'ni would be a fairly good place to live.
I'd miss the sun and fresh breezy air.

INY
You gotta love cops.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 12:57 PM   #50
Dinwar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I'd miss the sun and fresh breezy air.
Why? There were public libraries consisting of innumerable Ages where you could go for those. As I recall there weren't restrictions on access to those (though some scenes in the original book paint a slightly darker picture of D'ni society). If you were a wealthy family you'd have a private Age or two as well.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Dinwar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 01:06 PM   #51
Bell
beautiful freak

Originally Posted by Dinwar View Post
Why? There were public libraries consisting of innumerable Ages where you could go for those. As I recall there weren't restrictions on access to those (though some scenes in the original book paint a slightly darker picture of D'ni society). If you were a wealthy family you'd have a private Age or two as well.
Oh sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you meant just the underground world

INY
You gotta love cops.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 01:59 PM   #52
Mark6
Philosopher

Fantasy? None. As many people had said, fantasy pretty much by definition means a life where commoners are brutalized in various ways, and even nobles often die prematurely. And rarely have painkillers.

SF? Plenty. There are many science fictional settings which are NOT based on war (or war is long in the past), and which are more attractive than present reality.
Old 18th January 2013, 02:02 PM   #53
Newtons Bit
Philosopher

How to Train Your Dragon.

I want a pet dragon.
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein

My website.
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 02:17 PM   #54
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I wouldn't mind living in the Dune universe, but only if I could found an evil order of evil conspiracy called the Bene Monkey. We'd devote ourselves to evil magic, evil multigenerational plots, evil politics, and of course evil sex. Most importantly, we'd do all these things with immense style and fabulousity, which would make the other evil conspiracy orders look like the crappy semi-evil amateurs they are.
Old 18th January 2013, 04:17 PM   #55
Piscivore
Smelling fishy

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I wouldn't mind living in the Dune universe, but only if I could found an evil order of evil conspiracy called the Bene Monkey. We'd devote ourselves to evil magic, evil multigenerational plots, evil politics, and of course evil sex. Most importantly, we'd do all these things with immense style and fabulousity, which would make the other evil conspiracy orders look like the crappy semi-evil amateurs they are.
For evil there's nothing better than "The Country of the Kind". A whole planet of sheep, and only one lonely muzzled wolf.

"...untrustworthy obnoxious twerp." - CFLarsen
Piscivore is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2013, 05:21 PM   #56
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Oz. No reason to think of any other fantasyland. You get to fly on brooms. Talk to monkeys and talk to exotic people of all different sizes and makeups. The animals are friendly and can talk.

As for a love interest. Hey everything else is magical. Maybe the wizard would conjure me up a girlfriend.
Old 19th January 2013, 10:32 AM   #57
Rincewind
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Oz. No reason to think of any other fantasyland. You get to fly on brooms. Talk to monkeys and talk to exotic people of all different sizes and makeups. The animals are friendly and can talk.

As for a love interest. Hey everything else is magical. Maybe the wizard would conjure me up a girlfriend.
Australia is a fantasy land, huh?
Rincewind is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:57 AM   #58
Halfcentaur
Philosopher

Star Trek TNG would probably be the best for me. I'd be a total holodeck junky. The holodeck is really all I'd need for the rest of my life for the most part. I could create and go to any other fantasy world I wanted, safe but able to decapitate as many orcs or Lannisters as I'd want.
Halfcentaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 12:07 PM   #59
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
Australia is a fantasy land, huh?
Actually, it is, heat waves notwithstanding. I spent an incredible couple months there exploring different wildernesses.
Old 19th January 2013, 04:40 PM   #60
MNBrant
Master Poster

I picked elfheim but I hear its now full of trolls and is quite nasty. I heard elf women are sexy.
MNBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 05:06 PM   #61
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Halfcentaur View Post
Star Trek TNG would probably be the best for me. I'd be a total holodeck junky. The holodeck is really all I'd need for the rest of my life for the most part. I could create and go to any other fantasy world I wanted, safe but able to decapitate as many orcs or Lannisters as I'd want.

+1

One thing about holodecks though, a point that I read in a piece of fanfic, is that normal entertainment programs would most likely not allow users to participate in sex acts, because doing so could create unrealistic expectations of "perfect fantasy sex" that would lead to real-world sex problems.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 05:55 PM   #62
Captain_Swoop
Philosopher

Plus, some poor sap would have to hose down the Holodeck afterwards.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 06:51 PM   #63
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Plus, some poor sap would have to hose down the Holodeck afterwards.
Just make a hologram to do the cleanup.

And to make sure you get all the time you like without sharing, make all your holodeck programs have the first bit inside the door look like the holodeck is off and being worked on by engineers, who tell whoever enters that it's broken.
Old 20th January 2013, 01:48 AM   #64
Hans
Illuminator

When I was younger the Barsoom of ERB, now day ST
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 01:50 AM   #65
HansMustermann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
+1

One thing about holodecks though, a point that I read in a piece of fanfic, is that normal entertainment programs would most likely not allow users to participate in sex acts, because doing so could create unrealistic expectations of "perfect fantasy sex" that would lead to real-world sex problems.
Actually, in DS9 it's strongly implied that most of Quark's holodeck programs are erotic in nature. Unless programs like "Vulcan Love Slave" and "Vulcan Love Slave, Part II" and "Vulcan Love Slave, Volume III" and others mentioned in DS9 are seriously mislabeled. (Then again, Rule Of Acquisition 239: "Never be afraid to mislabel a product.")

And there actually is one holodeck junkie who pays to have an exact replica of Major Kira wait for him in bed in a holodeck, although in the end Kira and IIRC Odo thwart that.

So, yes, erotic holodeck programs existed, and if the Federation had any hangups about it, a fine example of a Ferengi businessman like Quark wasn't supposed to have such hangups about making a profit any way he can, and he didn't. And even the Federation or Bajor didn't seem to mind Quark's doing that on their station. And no fan-fic can override the canon about that.

The thing is, though, Quark is seriously surprised that said junkie is rich enough to own his own holosuite. And in other material it's implied that the energy use of replicators and holodecks is very high, so I guess that would also not be cheap to own.

And if you want to use one of Quark's (or some other entrepreneur owning some)... let's just say that there didn't seem to be much privacy over who's doing what in the holodeck. People talk freely about Bashir's and O'Brien's doing the battle of Britain in there, or what the Klingons are doing in there, and so on. Even Quark himself, when he's using the holodeck to sell weapons, everyone and their pet targ knows about it.

So, yeah, you could probably pay a few slips of gold-pressed latinum to have sex in the holodeck, but only if you don't mind that everyone on the station will know you're the wanker who pays for that kinda thing.
Old 20th January 2013, 11:39 AM   #66
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

So, yeah, you could probably pay a few slips of gold-pressed latinum to have sex in the holodeck, but only if you don't mind that everyone on the station will know you're the wanker who pays for that kinda thing.
"I experienced the joy of a gangbang on a Borg cube with Cthulhu, Lady Edith, Gul Dukat, Caligula, five Klingon warriors, Xena, and the Octopod Hivemind of Trellix IV. I don't care what people say. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to see Dr Bashir about repairing some damage that was totally worth it."
Old 20th January 2013, 11:39 AM   #67
thomowen20
New Blood

Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
The Star Wars Galaxy Far Far Away...

... in which all other fantasy realities exist on different planets. There's Arda/Middle-earth, Potterworld, Disneyworld, Pixar Planet, Conan's Hyborian World, the Marvel Planet, DC World, the Time Bandits Multiverse, etc. etc., plus of course all the Star Wars planets.

You could spend a lifetime on any one of them, or just pop by for short visits/adventures. Tell me that wouldn't be the coolest thing ever.
Possibilities in future immersive VR with DNI tech... I hope! The sooner the better.
thomowen20 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 12:30 PM   #68
thomowen20
New Blood

An angel-netted MPA megastructure in the inner core in the Orion's Arm universe (online world-building group) post Oracle War period. Preferably with the freedom to come and go, from one hab to another within a stable, but culturally variable meta-empire.

Last edited by thomowen20; 20th January 2013 at 01:14 PM.
thomowen20 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 12:30 PM   #69
Craig4
Philosopher

The Game of Thrones universe. There's sex AND violence!
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 12:57 PM   #70
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Actually, in DS9 it's strongly implied that most of Quark's holodeck programs are erotic in nature. Unless programs like "Vulcan Love Slave" and "Vulcan Love Slave, Part II" and "Vulcan Love Slave, Volume III" and others mentioned in DS9 are seriously mislabeled. (Then again, Rule Of Acquisition 239: "Never be afraid to mislabel a product.")

And there actually is one holodeck junkie who pays to have an exact replica of Major Kira wait for him in bed in a holodeck, although in the end Kira and IIRC Odo thwart that.

So, yes, erotic holodeck programs existed, and if the Federation had any hangups about it, a fine example of a Ferengi businessman like Quark wasn't supposed to have such hangups about making a profit any way he can, and he didn't. And even the Federation or Bajor didn't seem to mind Quark's doing that on their station. And no fan-fic can override the canon about that.

The thing is, though, Quark is seriously surprised that said junkie is rich enough to own his own holosuite. And in other material it's implied that the energy use of replicators and holodecks is very high, so I guess that would also not be cheap to own.

In the story I read, erotic/pornographic programs were perfectly fine; the participants just weren't allowed to engage in actual holosex, for the reason I mentioned. The story also suggested that medical/psychological personnel were allowed to override this prohibition in order to create "sex-therapy" programs (or to indulge their own private fantasies ). However, you do raise a potentially valid point. The story was set on NCC-1701-D. Starfleet regulations on the use of Starfleet holodecks by Starfleet personnel might not necessarily apply to civilian or dual-use holodecks.

And if you want to use one of Quark's (or some other entrepreneur owning some)... let's just say that there didn't seem to be much privacy over who's doing what in the holodeck. People talk freely about Bashir's and O'Brien's doing the battle of Britain in there, or what the Klingons are doing in there, and so on. Even Quark himself, when he's using the holodeck to sell weapons, everyone and their pet targ knows about it.

I'm not sure these are good examples. Besides the fact that Miles presumably talked to his wife about what the two of them were up to, the fact that he and Julian walked in wearing RAF flight suits and parachutes would tend to give away what they had planned. Quark presumably advertised his virtual weapons demonstration (though I could be wrong; I don't remember that particular episode).

I'm sure that Quark would have been willing to guarantee complete discretion and confidentiality--for a price, of course.
Old 20th January 2013, 12:58 PM   #71
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The Game of Thrones universe. There's sex AND violence!

Sometimes occurring simultaneously.
Old 20th January 2013, 01:29 PM   #72
Vortigern99
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Halfcentaur View Post
Probably the nerdiest response so far, and therefore the best.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 01:33 PM   #73
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

The porn universe, where every situation turns into sex.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:05 PM   #74
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Just make a hologram to do the cleanup.
I'd like to think that was Voyager's Doctor's original reason for being created. Yes, I know the prototype was made to work in mines, but this would be a lot funnier to explain his surliness.

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
The porn universe, where every situation turns into sex.
I.E. the Penthouse Forum.
Old 20th January 2013, 02:11 PM   #75
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I'd like to think that was Voyager's Doctor's original reason for being created. Yes, I know the prototype was made to work in mines, but this would be a lot funnier to explain his surliness.

I would quit my job and deliver pizza inn that world.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:54 PM   #76
StevieB
New Blood

Wouldn't mind living in Hugh Hefner's world for awhile.
StevieB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 08:42 PM   #77
rdaneel
Master Poster

The Culture for me. It currently represents my ideal for what an advanced society should look like, and I say that as a longtime Star Trek fan. I've come to feel that Star Treks vision of the future is dated and limiting. Particularly in the areas of genetic modification and cybernetics, which are treated as bogeymen so they can claim that they're so much "wiser" for not using it. It's really pretty Luddite in that respect.

Give me The Culture where I can pretty much do what I want with my body.

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2013, 10:56 AM   #78
Craig4
Philosopher

snip
I never would have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2013, 11:15 AM   #79
HansMustermann
Penultimate Amazing

In the story I read, erotic/pornographic programs were perfectly fine; the participants just weren't allowed to engage in actual holosex, for the reason I mentioned. The story also suggested that medical/psychological personnel were allowed to override this prohibition in order to create "sex-therapy" programs (or to indulge their own private fantasies ). However, you do raise a potentially valid point. The story was set on NCC-1701-D. Starfleet regulations on the use of Starfleet holodecks by Starfleet personnel might not necessarily apply to civilian or dual-use holodecks.
Ah, well, if you meant on a military starship, I can imagine that they'd have all sorts of regulations for everything and then some. I've been in the army. They love rules.

I can also easily imagine the ship's counselor having something to say about it, since, well, ensuring everyone is sane enough was the reason Starfleet included one on every ship in the first place. I guess when your power source can implode into a gigaton nuke, that you don't want unhinged people anywhere near it.

But, yeah, considering that Quark's cousin just proposed a virus when a client wanted 28 million civillians killed horribly, and casually proceeded to calculate the price, and his human employer didn't seem bothered either... yeah, somehow I can't picture "leads someone to unrealistic expectations in a mate" as even showing up on their radar

I'm not sure these are good examples. Besides the fact that Miles presumably talked to his wife about what the two of them were up to, the fact that he and Julian walked in wearing RAF flight suits and parachutes would tend to give away what they had planned. Quark presumably advertised his virtual weapons demonstration (though I could be wrong; I don't remember that particular episode).
Well, I'd expect there would be some advertising involved towards potential customers, but you'd think that at least by the time everyone on the station ostracizes him for it, he'd stop advertising to them. Then again, I guess Quark could be about as sharp as a bowling ball at times

I'm sure that Quark would have been willing to guarantee complete discretion and confidentiality--for a price, of course.
Hmm, well, I guess it would make business sense for him to accept that. At that point though, I have to wonder if it's worth it any more. By the time you factored in the normal price for the holodeck (there are a handful of them and thousands of people on the station, so supply/demand can't make that dirt cheap), plus paying Quark, plus maybe Rom too in case he has to repair it in the middle of your playing "something with half a dozen Orion slave-girls"... I'd think it would be easier to just hop onto a shuttle to nearby Bajor and look for a real hooker

I mean, there is a famine and a lot of broke people down there. I'd have more trouble imagining that there isn't someone who manages to rationalize that the Prophets must want them to sell their body, than that you'd probably find someone on every corner who got that idea.

Last edited by HansMustermann; 21st January 2013 at 11:18 AM.
HansMustermann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2013, 11:20 AM   #80
lomiller
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Weak Kitten View Post
I think that most fantasy universes would actually be quite horrible if you were not a main character or someone in the upper classes.
I agree. Most of these places would not be present to live in for the average person. I’d say the Trek universe is probably the exception so that’d be my pick.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts