ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 10th January 2013, 04:10 PM   #81
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by MNBrant View Post
Yeah I hide it well. I can, and have, gone to work fully psychotic and nobody noticed the difference.
Alright, I can take your word for it, though I am dubious. If I offended with publicly mentioning my doubts, I apologize.
Old 10th January 2013, 04:55 PM   #82
FireGarden
Philosopher

Yeah I hide it well. I can, and have, gone to work fully psychotic and nobody noticed the difference.
Richard Cheney.... is that you?

B'tselem
Tony Karon's blog
FireGarden is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2013, 06:54 PM   #83
MNBrant
Master Poster

Originally Posted by FireGarden View Post
Richard Cheney.... is that you?
I would post my real name but then my name would be forever linked to the post, Scientology and psychosis;jref on Google. I am nobody really. I got two calls from scientologists today and am getting ready stop screening them, if I am not too busy. In case your interested my voices tell me to run, not walk away, from this group because they will have an answer to anything I say. I don't always listen to voices though.

I am sitting in a coffee shop and this young woman was talking on her phone. Her conversation became so complex I wondered if she was human. She said out loud to the person on the phone there is this human sitting next to me, I guess he is here because the daemons really like him.

My fundamentalist friend also explained the matrix to me yesterday before bible study. He said the world is really **** and that what we are living in is Disney Land. I remember South Park had a matrix episode that said the same thing. Hmm, you really think I am a wit? Why, if I may ask?

Last edited by MNBrant; 10th January 2013 at 06:57 PM.
MNBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2013, 10:56 PM   #84
MNBrant
Master Poster

Here's a scientology article that is 100% positive but strange from a semi legitimate source. I am saying that because two of the articles listed are chicken brain found in KFC lunch and why we can't help staring at Miley Cyrus. So here goes. The nerve touch thing looks kind of relaxing. I guess they have an army of millions going to willing to go to disaster sites to provide this procedure. enjoy.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...e-tsunami-asia
MNBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2013, 04:40 AM   #85
FireGarden
Philosopher

I would post my real name but then my name would be forever linked to the post, Scientology and psychosis;jref on Google. I am nobody really.
You wouldn't know my name, either.
Somebody had to step forward and take advantage of that line you fed.

Quote:
I got two calls from scientologists today and am getting ready stop screening them, if I am not too busy. In case your interested my voices tell me to run, not walk away, from this group because they will have an answer to anything I say. I don't always listen to voices though.
Actually, I think that really was 'said' to you by a poster earlier in the thread: run, don't walk, away from Scientology.

Quote:
I am sitting in a coffee shop and this young woman was talking on her phone. Her conversation became so complex I wondered if she was human. She said out loud to the person on the phone there is this human sitting next to me, I guess he is here because the daemons really like him.
Have you tried making a recording while in these situations?
I doubt she said such a thing. You can get little mp3 recorders which you could just clip to a shirt pocket and record what's happening in public. If you hear such a thing, you could mark the recording and review it later.

I don't know if such a thing would help. It's just something I thought of.

Quote:
Hmm, you really think I am a wit? Why, if I may ask?
I think you have sufficient humour for me to be sure you are not Cheney. Why? The same reason I think you're speaking English: I've read your posts.

But I'm not the poster who raised the matter of your humour.

Here's a scientology article that is 100% positive but strange from a semi legitimate source.
The article is not 100% positive.
It offers no corroborating evidence, merely says: "According to the church, miracles ensued after Scientologists touched down."

And then asks why the CoS is interested in Asia. Then the journo gives his own answer:

Originally Posted by globalpost
But while Scientology endures scrutiny in America, the faith’s influence is quietly expanding in countries that lie beyond the Western media’s glare. In Burma, there is no South Park. Nor does the din of criticism reach non-English speakers in Indonesian cities ruined by earthquakes. Or poor hamlets in Ghana. Or crumbling city blocks in Chile.
That doesn't sound like a positive reason to be interested in disaster zones. Not to me, anyway.

Of course: if they really could cure drunkeness, constipation or post-traumatic stress with a massage then I'm sure they'd have no trouble proving that.

Is there another source for the surgeon of Aung San Suu Kyi being all for these techniques? I did a quick google and only found this article and anti-CoS sites which don't support the claim.

Quote:
I am saying that because two of the articles listed are chicken brain found in KFC lunch and why we can't help staring at Miley Cyrus. So here goes. The nerve touch thing looks kind of relaxing. I guess they have an army of millions going to willing to go to disaster sites to provide this procedure. enjoy.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...e-tsunami-asia
Don't forget the bit on page 2, where they have a section titled: Science community speaks out

Originally Posted by globalpost
Psychiatrists, however, have largely dismissed all this as pseudo-science. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration ruled the e-meter is “not medically or scientifically capable of improving the health or bodily functions.” And many psychiatrists have a dim view of Scientologists using these techniques on traumatized villagers.

“The Red Cross requires psychiatrists to take considerable training before they’ll allow them to go into a disaster site,” said Nada Stotland, a Chicago-based psychiatrist with Mental Health America, a non-profit advocacy group based in northern Virginia.

“They’re untrained,” said Stotland, who is also a former president of the American Psychiatric Association. “They have completely untested methods of dealing with people’s problems. These techniques have never shown results in scientific tests of any kind.”

Mental Health America even warned Scientologists to “stay out of mental health” after volunteer ministers rushed to New York City after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

B'tselem
Tony Karon's blog
FireGarden is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2013, 04:46 AM   #86
FireGarden
Philosopher

Yep, thought so!

Somebody really said it:

Originally Posted by devnull View Post
ps. Run, dont walk, away from scientology.

B'tselem
Tony Karon's blog
Old 11th January 2013, 05:06 AM   #87
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
MNBrant has revealed in other threads that he is a diagnosed schizophrenic who requires medication to remain functional. Please do not encourage him, even in jest, to join a cult that would forbid him to take that essential medication.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_psychiatry
This.

MNBrant,

Don't waste your time and money on these people, not even to troll.

There are better and more productive ways to spend it.
Eddie Dane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2013, 05:14 AM   #88
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

And also:

You want cheap self-improvement?

Watch TED talks.
Good stuff and it costs nothing.
Eddie Dane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2013, 06:13 AM   #89
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Anyone who is even vaguely tempted to join the church of scifiology should first read Undercover Cover blog run by Tony Ortega.

Tony was Editor of Village Voice and has followed, researched and written extensively about the scam invented by L Ron Hubbard to enrich himself. Since L Ron dies it has been taken over by the equally sinister conman, David Miscavige.

BEWARE! The whole edifice is no more than a pyramid money making fraud aimed specifically at vulnerable people.

Link to Tony Ortega here

http://tonyortega.org
Old 11th January 2013, 06:58 AM   #90
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Apologies! Above re blog by Tony Ortega should read:

'The Underground Bunker'

subtitled 'Tony Ortega on Scientology'
Old 11th January 2013, 11:18 AM   #91
MNBrant
Master Poster

Hmm someone said run, don't walk away from Scientology. They did not say that they would have an answer for everything you say. Not quite the same thing. I am wondering if I should continue to screen their calls since they keep calling from the same number. I already heard the spiel from reading a blog from someone who did it who gave them a false name.

As far as the extra planar woman goes, she then said that she never said that daemons liked me and that I misspelled daemons at any rate. No I am not out to prove the existence of the matrix so no recordings.

Last edited by MNBrant; 11th January 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11th January 2013, 03:05 PM   #92
hgc
Penultimate Amazing

Hmm someone said run, don't walk away from Scientology. They did not say that they would have an answer for everything you say. Not quite the same thing. I am wondering if I should continue to screen their calls since they keep calling from the same number. I already heard the spiel from reading a blog from someone who did it who gave them a false name.

They'll be calling you for years.* Here's the thing -- All Scn staff must submit their "stats" every Thursday afternoon, and if someone's "Hat" (job) is to call and harass "fresh meat" (prospects), then they'll call the same few people over and over again if that's what it takes to get their stats up. You should expect call volumes to jump on Wednesday nights/Thursday mornings. At least you're not a lapsed or flagging member. They get 20 to 30 calls a day.

* Maybe not for so many years, since they're circling the drain and will probably be out of business by 2015.
Old 11th January 2013, 10:15 PM   #93
MNBrant
Master Poster

They called me from an 800 number today. I am getting about 1 a day. I am hard to reach though since I screen calls. I am thinking of taking one but it sounds pretty cookie cutter. The little I heard had meaning to me but reading about x members makes it sound pretty meaningless. I probably would never buy their book anyways.
Old 12th January 2013, 05:08 AM   #94
FireGarden
Philosopher

Hmm someone said run, don't walk away from Scientology. They did not say that they would have an answer for everything you say. Not quite the same thing.
Good point.

Quote:
I am wondering if I should continue to screen their calls since they keep calling from the same number.
I don't know at what point you can get them blocked as a nuisance call. I'd check with whoever you rent the phone line from. One a day sounds like a nuisance to me.

That's if you ever get fed up with screening the call yourself.

Quote:
As far as the extra planar woman goes, she then said that she never said that daemons liked me and that I misspelled daemons at any rate.
Is this on another occassion? Or just after you thought she said it?

Quote:
No I am not out to prove the existence of the matrix so no recordings.
I wasn't thinking so much of the matrix, but of keeping track of what was really said.

B'tselem
Tony Karon's blog
Old 12th January 2013, 08:23 AM   #95
rcfieldz
Banned

uh uhuh

Just felt like dumbing down huh..?
rcfieldz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2013, 01:48 PM   #96
MNBrant
Master Poster

Good point.

I don't know at what point you can get them blocked as a nuisance call. I'd check with whoever you rent the phone line from. One a day sounds like a nuisance to me.

That's if you ever get fed up with screening the call yourself.

Is this on another occassion? Or just after you thought she said it?

I wasn't thinking so much of the matrix, but of keeping track of what was really said.
Some scary looking guys came in and she left at any rate. They also took a peek at my keyboard. When I got to my car there was this huge truck with its lights on parked two inches from my bumper and had a car parked two inches from his bumper so he couldn't get out. He was sitting in his truck with it running til 1am apparently waiting for me to make my appearance and let him out. She might have been a yuppie and not an true alien as I don't meet many yuppies so wouldn't know. She was talking about turning down a job where they were looking for young hip blondes and trying to get rid of the big ones. Then the conversation started talking about food and I could hardly keep up. She made the comments after I looked and typed. This is how it is sometimes thinking, typing, or moving around is not as anonymous for me as probably for you. Someone hit my front side light on my car in an almost impossible position two days ago. Its high up, almost. It was enough to pinch my door shut. A claw hammer did the trick. To make a scientologist point. I seem to be pulling in some issues. The right tire has gone flat with two separate tires. I may be in for a bit of a ride. I feel fine and stable though. I dont mind screening calls indefinately. If they leave a message I will definitely respond though.

The last time the **** hit the fan and I became unstable though was about 3 months. I noticed a few times FBI surveillance van #42 wifi spot a couple of times at a coffee shop I was using.

Last edited by MNBrant; 12th January 2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12th January 2013, 10:07 PM   #97
MNBrant
Master Poster

That's what psychosis does to you, it takes away your privacy at times. I have a hard time walking in malls at times because I am easily approached physically because I have a baby. and sometimes my presence irritates others. I had a bit of a mental breakdown because I felt that I irritated some entitiy, but then I heard a voice say I will be your friend and it settled down. I have been stable since.

She might have said exactly, "I never said that daemons like you, besides you misspelled demon." "Your half demon." The half demon was garbled. A lot of things I hear that I term secrets come out garbled like someone is censoring it. I am not saying that I am half demon.
Old 13th January 2013, 04:16 AM   #98
FireGarden
Philosopher

This story gets more detailed the more times it's told. And the new details merely embellish rather than explain what was going on.

I have no problem believing that you believe this happened. But I don't think that it happened. Not in this way. Maybe it's like the "run, don't walk" comment.

Originally Posted by devnull View Post
ps. Run, dont walk, away from scientology.
In case your interested my voices tell me to run, not walk away, from this group because they will have an answer to anything I say. I don't always listen to voices though.
Something happened, and the manner in which you review these events in your mind doesn't allow you recognise that you are adding your own thoughts to the events. Instead, you ascribe the thoughts to 'voices'. Then you consider those thoughts the way the rest of us do: in a manner which you do recognise as being your own thoughts.

btw,

She might have said exactly, "I never said that daemons like you, besides you misspelled demon." "Your half demon." The half demon was garbled. A lot of things I hear that I term secrets come out garbled like someone is censoring it. I am not saying that I am half demon.
There is nothing demonic about you.
You actually seem kind of sensible, eg: you're here trying to learn about Scientology from other people's experience.

Do you discuss events like this with someone who is qualified to comment on them? If you're looking for places online to discuss these events, then the JREF is almost certainly better than any scientology site. But I reckon there are even better places. Maybe someone here can suggest one. Or maybe someone in the science/medicine forum.

B'tselem
Tony Karon's blog

Last edited by FireGarden; 13th January 2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 13th January 2013, 11:53 AM   #99
MNBrant
Master Poster

This story gets more detailed the more times it's told. And the new details merely embellish rather than explain what was going on.

I have no problem believing that you believe this happened. But I don't think that it happened. Not in this way. Maybe it's like the "run, don't walk" comment.

Something happened, and the manner in which you review these events in your mind doesn't allow you recognise that you are adding your own thoughts to the events. Instead, you ascribe the thoughts to 'voices'. Then you consider those thoughts the way the rest of us do: in a manner which you do recognise as being your own thoughts.

btw,

There is nothing demonic about you.
You actually seem kind of sensible, eg: you're here trying to learn about Scientology from other people's experience.

Do you discuss events like this with someone who is qualified to comment on them? If you're looking for places online to discuss these events, then the JREF is almost certainly better than any scientology site. But I reckon there are even better places. Maybe someone here can suggest one. Or maybe someone in the science/medicine forum.
No reputable science/medicine forums out there.

I was trying to respond to tell me exactly what was said. It took awhile to get there that's all. I have been so blocked at times that I cannot even hear what the person across from me is saying. I could tell you the blocked snippets but I keep those secret. I will tell you one. At the psych ward a lady came up to me and said can you see the article its about you. I could not.

I probably am a bit sensible since I have to filter out all this crap to figure out what I currently believe to be true.

Last edited by MNBrant; 13th January 2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 13th January 2013, 05:00 PM   #100
FireGarden
Philosopher

I guess it's difficult to appreciate what it's like from the outside.

At the psych ward a lady came up to me and said can you see the article its about you. I could not.
Anybody you know, or just some random lady?

B'tselem
Tony Karon's blog
Old 13th January 2013, 05:39 PM   #101
MNBrant
Master Poster

Yeah, I saw her. She had a bit of a blank expression. I do know the article I was supposed to see. In an another dimension I had inherited 20-30 million but was in prison for some unmentionable crime. I couldn't spend it however. How frustrating.

I just read this and it makes no sense the way I wrote it.

I saw her about a year later at an eatery. She didn't acknowledge me. She seemed to have a blank expression. Kinda boring. I haven't seen either the inside of a prison or 20 million dollars. I am doing ok though.

Random lady for the most part. Wait she took on the voice of Satan. He kept saying how sorry he was. You know, the older I get, the more this seems to fade. I was really out of it.

Last edited by MNBrant; 13th January 2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 15th January 2013, 07:10 PM   #102
MNBrant
Master Poster

Scientologists haven't called me for two days now. I guess they have more important things to do. I might be too much for them to handle anyway.

My posts are starting to lose all sensibility. Here is a correction When I left the psych ward, I was not imprisoned and there was no 20 million dollars.

Last edited by MNBrant; 15th January 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 15th January 2013, 08:29 PM   #103
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Scientologists haven't called me for two days now. I guess they have more important things to do. I might be too much for them to handle anyway.

My posts are starting to lose all sensibility. Here is a correction When I left the psych ward, I was not imprisoned and there was no 20 million dollars.
I read your previous post as meaning the same as the correction.

I really (actually) hope you do not pursue the scientology thing. It's a whole different kind of crazy, not susceptible to control. You're an interesting character and your posts are often fun to read, and part of me would love to see you outsmart them, but I'd rather hear what you have to say about things that aren't already all crap.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 04:38 PM   #104
MNBrant
Master Poster

A scientologist called me again friday afternoon. I am still screening it. They are down to once a week actually. They are drowning in bad press ATM. I heard on the CW that it costs 500k to get to the top of the program. Hearing this makes me not want to even start.
Old 20th January 2013, 12:46 PM   #105
Stout
Master Poster

Run..don't walk was the best advice ever given on this thread. You'll loose everything including your relationships. They want full immersion.
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 06:38 PM   #106
MNBrant
Master Poster

I am just listing the times they call now at this point. I really don't have time to deal with it since I started school.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:20 AM   #107
Stout
Master Poster

Excellent, glad to hear it.
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:50 PM   #108
MNBrant
Master Poster

Hmm, she left me a message with her full name and asked me to call. That sounds a little more interesting. My voices told me that I cannot call her back because I am dead. Then they said the woman calling has ESP. I do not know why I should hide that I am supposedly dead. But, I do know that voices tell me to be especially respectful when in anothers church.
Old 22nd January 2013, 03:25 PM   #109
Stout
Master Poster

Have somebody else call her back and tell her you're dead. This isn"t a church, it's a money making scheme. You can be an awsome guy for free.
Old 24th January 2013, 07:11 PM   #110
Toontown
Illuminator

Hmm, she left me a message with her full name and asked me to call. That sounds a little more interesting. My voices told me that I cannot call her back because I am dead. Then they said the woman calling has ESP. I do not know why I should hide that I am supposedly dead. But, I do know that voices tell me to be especially respectful when in anothers church.
Do not join the church unless you are certain you can execute a meteoric rise to the top of the organization and totally take it over. It's worth taking over. It's very wealthy.

This mission should be right up your alley. The church's founder was very much like you.

But don't try it unless you are certain you can succeed. The cost of failure may be enslavement.
WHAT FORCE SO IRRESISTIBLE
AS THE WILL OF FREE MEN

Last edited by Toontown; 24th January 2013 at 07:33 PM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2013, 08:33 PM   #111
MNBrant
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Do not join the church unless you are certain you can execute a meteoric rise to the top of the organization and totally take it over. It's worth taking over. It's very wealthy.

This mission should be right up your alley. The church's founder was very much like you.

But don't try it unless you are certain you can succeed. The cost of failure may be enslavement.
Hmm, I am just an interestested bystander. Tom Cruise's kid was in in a article that gave the impression that scientology stood for family. This was beside another scientology article that suggested that they missapropiated donations. The problem that I am having with the scientology detractors is they seem kind of shallow and so I don't want to read them. Did scientology do that to them? Its a very tempting food but I am supposedly dead already and thus should stay away I guess.

I should probably add my scientology contact update. I got an email from Minnie asking me for a date, (kidding.). No she wanted to know if I still wanted my results.

Last edited by MNBrant; 24th January 2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 24th January 2013, 09:25 PM   #112
Toontown
Illuminator

I've had some dealings with scientologists, accidentally, before I knew anything about scientology.

Minnie is probably an org rat. They make her work 14 hours a day to pay for her "courses". She is working to attain the state of "clear". They have convinced her that she can thereby attain happiness, power, and independence. And save the planet. Not that there is anything wrong with happiness, power, independence, and saving the planet. However, if they have all these "operating thetans" at work, one must wonder what is taking them so long. If freaks like Hitler and Saddam can singlehandedly take over entire countries (Hitler nearly took over a continent), then it stands to reason that a cadre of operating thetans should already have seized control of all the world's major countries. Great strides toward clearing the planet should already have been made.

But alas. No such clearing appears to be happening, while the operating thetans appear content to make movies about the fictional doings of incredibly powerful fictional people.

I am forced to conclude that the scientologists cannot really do what they say they can do. So far, they have only succeeded in taking control of some 50,000 people, while garnering the distrust and enmity of much of the rest of the world.

Those operating thetans will have to do better than that.
AS THE WILL OF FREE MEN
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2013, 11:07 PM   #113
MNBrant
Master Poster

I've had some dealings with scientologists, accidentally, before I knew anything about scientology.

Minnie is probably an org rat. They make her work 14 hours a day to pay for her "courses". She is working to attain the state of "clear". They have convinced her that she can thereby attain happiness, power, and independence. And save the planet. Not that there is anything wrong with happiness, power, independence, and saving the planet. However, if they have all these "operating thetans" at work, one must wonder what is taking them so long. If freaks like Hitler and Saddam can singlehandedly take over entire countries (Hitler nearly took over a continent), then it stands to reason that a cadre of operating thetans should already have seized control of all the world's major countries. Great strides toward clearing the planet should already have been made.

But alas. No such clearing appears to be happening, while the operating thetans appear content to make movies about the fictional doings of incredibly powerful fictional people.

I am forced to conclude that the scientologists cannot really do what they say they can do. So far, they have only succeeded in taking control of some 50,000 people, while garnering the distrust and enmity of much of the rest of the world.

Those operating thetans will have to do better than that.
Well as I have said, I can't talk to them because I am already dead supposedly. This is more than just a voice. Soon after I died supposedly, I was asked if I wanted truth, or lies. I didn't know I was supposed to pick lies and picked truth. I spent the next 6-12 months avoiding the truth, and finally more or less settled down. The problem with the truth is it's extremely maddening. Since I am supposedly dead and picked truth, I am stuck on that path I think. You see how complicated all of this is. How could I ever talk to these people when I know the truth? At least as much as I could handle.

Ok, a voice told me why would I want to know the truth about my disgusting self. Wow, thats highly critical. I dont know what I did to deserve that.

Last edited by MNBrant; 25th January 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 25th January 2013, 05:54 PM   #114
Toontown
Illuminator

Well as I have said, I can't talk to them because I am already dead supposedly.
Just as well. The hostile takeover idea would be risky. Miscavidge might see you coming. And there is really no use talking to them. I"ve tried that. They have stock answers to the obvious questions, but they keep them secret. You have to invest hundreds of hours and thousands of $ before they'll tell any of their answers to the obvious questions. Actually, I suspect they didn't originally have any stock answers to the obvious questions, so they just pretended to have secret answers until LRon made up some stock answers. This didn't happen until LRon had already lost his mind, so the stock answers, while imaginative, aren't believable unless you've been indoctrinated. So they still keep the answers secret until you've been indoctrinated.

This is more than just a voice. Soon after I died supposedly, I was asked if I wanted truth, or lies. I didn't know I was supposed to pick lies and picked truth. I spent the next 6-12 months avoiding the truth, and finally more or less settled down. The problem with the truth is it's extremely maddening. Since I am supposedly dead and picked truth, I am stuck on that path I think. You see how complicated all of this is. How could I ever talk to these people when I know the truth? At least as much as I could handle.
Yeah. Tough for a dead guy.

Ok, a voice told me why would I want to know the truth about my disgusting self. Wow, thats highly critical. I dont know what I did to deserve that.
Don't worry about it. What would a disembodied voice know? It's just mouthing off. Ignore it.
AS THE WILL OF FREE MEN
Old 26th January 2013, 11:08 PM   #115
MNBrant
Master Poster

Just as well. The hostile takeover idea would be risky. Miscavidge might see you coming. And there is really no use talking to them. I"ve tried that. They have stock answers to the obvious questions, but they keep them secret. You have to invest hundreds of hours and thousands of $ before they'll tell any of their answers to the obvious questions. Actually, I suspect they didn't originally have any stock answers to the obvious questions, so they just pretended to have secret answers until LRon made up some stock answers. This didn't happen until LRon had already lost his mind, so the stock answers, while imaginative, aren't believable unless you've been indoctrinated. So they still keep the answers secret until you've been indoctrinated.

Yeah. Tough for a dead guy.

Don't worry about it. What would a disembodied voice know? It's just mouthing off. Ignore it.
Ok you win, the demons were trying to show me what a pain christ's angels are. It's was like the movies when they are trying to excorcise demons. You notice the pain the demons are in? I got the treatment for secret reasons. It sounds really different when you are on the other end of it. Its not nice at all. Hell is not fun, but one thing that is nice about it is so much interesting books in the library. Video Games are for real and you can really die from playing them. I couldn't access the real video games and couldn't get the secret books though. I tried to order them but they never arrived. The stuff I could access told me enough though.

Thats what you get for taking me seriously

Last edited by MNBrant; 26th January 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 27th January 2013, 10:46 AM   #116
Toontown
Illuminator

Ok you win, the demons were trying to show me what a pain christ's angels are. It's was like the movies when they are trying to excorcise demons. You notice the pain the demons are in? I got the treatment for secret reasons. It sounds really different when you are on the other end of it. Its not nice at all. Hell is not fun, but one thing that is nice about it is so much interesting books in the library. Video Games are for real and you can really die from playing them. I couldn't access the real video games and couldn't get the secret books though. I tried to order them but they never arrived. The stuff I could access told me enough though.
Right. Sometimes it's not healthy to want to know too much. It's like when you're talking to a mob boss, and you get a little too curious, and then find out too late that you know too much.

Thats what you get for taking me seriously
I won't make that mistake again.
AS THE WILL OF FREE MEN
Old 27th January 2013, 08:12 PM   #117
MNBrant
Master Poster

Right. Sometimes it's not healthy to want to know too much. It's like when you're talking to a mob boss, and you get a little too curious, and then find out too late that you know too much.

I won't make that mistake again.
Yeah, tell me about it. Nobody told me I know too much though. Nobody is telling me anything. For instance, when I was in the psych ward the voices kept telling me to try the doors; that I could step through them because they weren't there. I never got through the doors as they were all locked. Here's an interesting tidbit. I was in a group where they were asking us what we wished for, everybody seemed to want me to ask for world peace but I just said I wanted to go home. Earlier, in my life I was told that I would have a child and soon die. I did have a kid against all odds but I don't get the feeling I am going to die anytime soon. By the way these are by no means all disembodied voices.

I was just wondering if that compared to scientology. For instance, I will say that how you describe an operating thetan, is somewhat how I would describe a demon. Can these thetans do things like walk though locked doors and the like. I guess I was interested in comparing.
Old 28th January 2013, 08:22 AM   #118
Toontown
Illuminator

I was just wondering if that compared to scientology. For instance, I will say that how you describe an operating thetan, is somewhat how I would describe a demon. Can these thetans do things like walk though locked doors and the like. I guess I was interested in comparing.
I'm no expert on operating thetans. I've read about them. I have serious doubts about their existence, though scientology claims they are lying about all over the place, including clustered inside human bodies, vying for control. However, as I understand it, an operating thetan is simply in sole unfettered control of a physical body and mind, having evicted all the other thetans from the body. I don't think they have the ability to violate laws of physics like making a physical body walk through a wall.

But don't get me started lying.
AS THE WILL OF FREE MEN

Last edited by Toontown; 28th January 2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 28th January 2013, 10:28 AM   #119
MNBrant
Master Poster

I'm no expert on operating thetans. I've read about them. I have serious doubts about their existence, though scientology claims they are lying about all over the place, including clustered inside human bodies, vying for control. However, as I understand it, an operating thetan is simply in sole unfettered control of a physical body and mind, having evicted all the other thetans from the body. I don't think they have the ability to violate laws of physics like making a physical body walk through a wall.

But don't get me started lying.

Hmm, They didn't walk though walls but they got through doors pretty good. These doors resemble doors but are actually both pathways between dimensions or connections to other starships They would come in and say is (my name on this unit?) Everyone said no and I pretty much hid in my room. I am interested in knowing more about thetans.
Old 28th January 2013, 10:48 AM   #120
hgc
Penultimate Amazing

I am interested in knowing more about thetans.
They can mate with faeries, but the resulting pixy offspring are non-fertile.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy