ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags fox , Herman Cain

Old 16th February 2013, 02:38 AM   #1
SezMe
post-pre-born

Cain Joins Fox

Herm has joined Fox as a contributor. This ain't gonna help the GOP's rehab effort.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2013, 02:53 AM   #2
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...mber.php?u=523

Has he?

Jeez, he's been hiding his leanings very well.....

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2013, 06:45 AM   #3
cwalner
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Herm has joined Fox as a contributor. This ain't gonna help the GOP's rehab effort.
Actually, it might be just what the GOP needs for reformation. Even more than Palin, Cain is obviously a substanceless publicity hound. This might be the straw that breaks the Elephant's back and pushes it away from Fox.
Old 16th February 2013, 07:00 AM   #4
angrysoba
Philosophile

I love it when JREF posters become famous!
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Peephole
Master Poster

B-b-but Politico had an article on how Fox was totally changing, how can this be?
Old 16th February 2013, 07:52 AM   #6
Cleon
King of the Pod People

A failed GOP presidential candidate lands a paid position at Fox News? How unprecedented!
Old 16th February 2013, 09:28 AM   #7
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, I was hoping it was the JREF poster...
tyr_13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
Oh, I was hoping it was the JREF poster...
I think that's the only way I could bring myself to watch Fox News. And I daresay I'd enjoy it.

Especially if they did a "Crossfire" type thing with him and TragicMonkey. With the Marquis as moderator.
Old 16th February 2013, 10:24 AM   #9
SomedayGirl
Muse

Sure he's just a contributor now but I'll wager he get his own show and it debuts September 9 at 9pm.

--Susan B. Anthony
SomedayGirl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2013, 02:22 PM   #10
Cain
Straussian

Guys, guys, just to clear up any confusion: they didn't hire me. Instead the position went to some black guy, proving that even Fox has been infected by liberal political correctness.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2013, 06:32 PM   #11
12AX7
Glowing red!

Originally Posted by SomedayGirl View Post
Sure he's just a contributor now but I'll wager he get his own show and it debuts September 9 at 9pm.

It won't be broadcast in...let me see...hmm...Libya!
12AX7 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2013, 06:41 PM   #12
Monketey Ghost
Guitar Wizard

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I think that's the only way I could bring myself to watch Fox News. And I daresay I'd enjoy it.

Especially if they did a "Crossfire" type thing with him and TragicMonkey. With the Marquis as moderator.
Heck, I'd leave it on all the time.

"See this ****? I know these guys! Pass that over here."

"This'll teach those filthy bastards who's lovable."
Monketey Ghost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2013, 10:18 PM   #13
cwalner
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post

Umm, you must be in to scatology because the inevitable result of TragicMonkey and "Crossfire" is poo-flinging.
Old 16th February 2013, 10:32 PM   #14
quadraginta
What was the question?

Originally Posted by cwalner View Post
Umm, you must be in to scatology because the inevitable result of TragicMonkey and "Crossfire" is poo-flinging.

"Crosspoo"?

There's already so much crap on the tube it would probably be lost in the background noise.
Old 17th February 2013, 12:34 AM   #15
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader

Ah, so they're rotating out last year's (well, 2008's) also-rans and replacing them with the new shiny Also-Rans Of 2012.

The goofus has never even been a favored interview subject on Fox. Frankly, I don't think he's even got basic knowledge of what the GOP is supposed to be standing for, right now. Nor in the past, for that matter. Herman's in it for Herman. Just as his run for the nomination was based on selling more books, this is for the paycheck.

Seriously, does any conservative other than the most blatantly partisan point at Cain and say, proudly, "Now that's what the GOP stands for"? It's more like "That's what the GOP stands for???!!!" Maybe the could get Newt on with him and do a Philandering Sugar Daddy News Hour. You know you could always get Teh Donald to show up as special guest, at least.

Don't you wish someone had slapped baby Hitler really really hard? [i] Dr. Buzzo 02/13 [i]
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2013, 01:08 AM   #16
Ladewig
Hipster alien

Finally!
I was wondering when Fox News would get a commentator who didn't know where Uzbeki-beki-beki-stan-stan was.
Is the JREF message board training wheels for people who hope to one day troll other message boards? It is not that hard to get us to believe you. We are not the major leagues or even the minor leagues. We are Pee-Wee baseball. If you love striking out 10-year-olds, then you'll love trolling our board.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2013, 01:18 AM   #17
Baffled
Critical Thinker

But this will be a good thing if they ever need someone to report from Uzbeki-Becky-Becky-Becky-Becky-Becky-Becky-Stan!

"And where is it you're reporting from today, Herman?"
"Oh, shut up, Megyn!"

Edit: Darn you, Ladewig! you snuck that in there while I was googling spellings!

Last edited by Baffled; 17th February 2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: I got scooped!
Baffled is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2013, 05:47 AM   #18
hgc
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Peephole View Post
B-b-but Politico had an article on how Fox was totally changing, how can this be?
Noted. Politico got punked yet again by Roger Ailes about moderating the tone and content on Republican Propaganda Network. Simply put, Ailes took advantage of the publicity around his dumping a few non-performing assets to mislead about Fox News' raison d'Ítre.
Old 17th February 2013, 06:04 AM   #19
Tricky
Briefly immortal

I'd consider watching Cain. He is a funny guy. He was great on Colbert, even though he knew that he was satirizing himself. The key to Cain is; Don't take him seriously. He certainly doesn't.
Tricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2013, 10:12 AM   #20
TubbaBlubba
Knave of the Dudes

"And now, for a brief period of recess entertainment: Mott the Hoople!"
Old 17th February 2013, 03:38 PM   #21
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
I'd consider watching Cain. He is a funny guy. He was great on Colbert, even though he knew that he was satirizing himself. The key to Cain is; Don't take him seriously. He certainly doesn't.
Agreed but my concern is how many of the FOX viewing audience listens in for the humor. Certainly not the 9-9-9 rubes.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2013, 05:48 PM   #22
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Agreed but my concern is how many of the FOX viewing audience listens in for the humor. Certainly not the 9-9-9 rubes.
Nor the 9/11 troofers. Of course, perhaps his show will put down the more liberal (i.e. a bit more intelligent) republickers and try to take over their wlectoral locations. Show called: The Cain Mutiny!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2013, 05:56 PM   #23
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

With it's opening [closeup]showing him rolling two smallish brass balls in his right* hand with voiceover "I got yer commie liberal voting right here boys!" as the opening strains of "I'm Proud to be an American!" swell upward and outward and the balss are replaced with medium shot of Cain wrapped in an American flag holding a streetsweeper and smoking aby God American made cigar!!!

*I see what I did there.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics