IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Bilderberg conspiracies , Charlie Skelton , henry kissinger

Old 3rd June 2013, 04:22 PM   #321
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Doesn't look like quoting it again would help, does it?
The police state is preparing to keep the plebs away. The "affected area" in question, for those who plan to sneak in anyway.
Hmm, after taking a walk around the compound I conclude that if they want their bullhorns to be heard, the only option is to get waterproof ones and make it through the canal.

Nothing says "please take what I have to say seriously" quite like the liberal use of smilies.
Old 3rd June 2013, 04:30 PM   #322
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Nothing says "please take what I have to say seriously" quite like the liberal use of smilies.

Smilies are an essential part of communication that lacks non-verbal signals and even accentuation. I'm using them exactly in the way they were created for, in fact you should take notes.
Old 3rd June 2013, 05:24 PM   #323
Bishop
Critical Thinker

Hmm, after taking a walk around the compound I conclude that if they want their bullhorns to be heard, the only option is to get waterproof ones and make it through the canal.
I've never heard of a waterproof bullhorn. But they could just carry them in waterproof bags.
Bishop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 05:41 PM   #324
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
So how 'bout all those nefarious plots, then? Shocking. Simply shocking.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:11 PM   #325
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Smilies are an essential part of communication that lacks non-verbal signals and even accentuation.

Every adult who ever engaged in written correspondence prior to the 21st century disagrees with you.

My problem isn't with smilies per se, I use them frequently myself. Maybe if you hadn't used them in three posts in a row on the same page I wouldn't have noticed it, but when I did it it came off as a tic or cutsey affectation. My point is that the presence of smilies within an otherwise "serious" post kind of dulls the effect you are presumably trying to create for the reader. It gives the false(?) impression that this is all a trivial game to you. As if a debate about who actually killed 3,000 people on 9/11 or who actually rules the world isn't any more or less serious to you as a debate over say, whether The Beatles were a better band than The Rolling Stones.

It's obvious that most Truthers don't take their own fatuous beliefs seriously. You may not want to draw attention to that fact by including cartoon characters in your supposedly "serious" notes from the underground.
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:18 PM   #326
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Every adult who ever engaged in written correspondence prior to the 21st century disagrees with you.

My problem isn't with smilies per se, I use them frequently myself. Maybe if you hadn't used them in three posts in a row on the same page I wouldn't have noticed it, but when I did it it came off as a tic or cutsey affectation. My point is that the presence of smilies within an otherwise "serious" post kind of dulls the effect you are presumably trying to create for the reader. It gives the false(?) impression that this is all a trivial game to you. As if a debate about who actually killed 3,000 people on 9/11 or who actually rules the world isn't any more or less serious to you as a debate over say, whether The Beatles were a better band than The Rolling Stones.

It's obvious that most Truthers don't take their own fatuous beliefs seriously. You may not want to draw attention to that fact by including cartoon characters in your supposedly "serious" notes from the underground.

I think that topic could make quite an interesting thread. Here, it is off-topic and your rambling elaboration on your for me initially obvious intend to distract from what I was writing and associate me with some silly label in your head doesn't make it easier to take your posts seriously, I must say.
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:29 PM   #327
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

And on a more serious note: 1) I'm with some wise man who said "if you look at the history of mankind you can either laugh or cry, and I prefer laughing", and 2) I don't hold the believes you think I do and the noisemakers lay at my feet because they want the topic to disappear. Read the thread.
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:59 PM   #328
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

I think that topic could make quite an interesting thread. Here, it is off-topic and your rambling elaboration on your for me initially obvious intend to distract from what I was writing and associate me with some silly label in your head doesn't make it easier to take your posts seriously, I must say.

Only in the flighty world of the 21st century internet would eight sentences be described as "rambling". To be fair though my last two posts were off-topic, so I'll let the digression end here.
Old 4th June 2013, 07:16 AM   #329
dafydd
Banned

Yes. Before the internet some people used to dot their i's with a little smiley face. It always came across as embarrassingly juvenile.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 07:22 AM   #330
dafydd
Banned

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-Watford.html

''Some posit that, despite guest lists having featured Margaret Thatcher and a smattering of European royalty (the Princes Philip and Charles included), Bilderberg exists to impose Marxist totalitarianism across the globe. Disregarding the occasional attendance of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and Shirley Williams, others see it as a fascist powerhouse pulling the strings of its puppets in citadels of democratic power in pursuance of – yes, I think you guessed it – a New World Order.

Among its fiercest critics is Lyndon Larouche, a serial US presidential wannabe turned shock jock, who is convinced that the worldwide drugs trade is controlled by our Queen''

Enough said.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 09:51 AM   #331
dafydd
Banned

I don't hold the believes you think I do and the noisemakers lay at my feet because they want the topic to disappear. Read the thread.
???
Old 4th June 2013, 02:25 PM   #332
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Today at the Grove Hotel: Conspiracy Theorists disguised as harmless guests dining while a big fence (see background) is being erected.

Old 4th June 2013, 02:45 PM   #333
Alareth
Philosopher

Can someone explain the purpose of these "updates" by CE?

Last edited by Alareth; 4th June 2013 at 02:46 PM.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 03:33 PM   #334
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
Beats me.
Old 4th June 2013, 03:47 PM   #335
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Beats me.

If it's such a "silly" thread as you said, how come that you have 68 posts in it? That's only 4 - make that 5 now - posts less than I have as the top poster and OP. And MORE THAN FOUR TIMES the amount of the top three poster.

Hmm, dafydd, can you explain the purpose of this activity?
Old 4th June 2013, 03:49 PM   #336
dafydd
Banned

Hmm, dafydd, can you explain the purpose of this activity?
Harmless amusement, there is nothing on TV these days. What news of the nefarious plots?
Old 4th June 2013, 04:01 PM   #337
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Harmless amusement, there is nothing on TV these days. What news of the nefarious plots?

Ok, the purpose of my posts is certainly not to provide "harmless amusement" to someone like you, so don't be surprised to find out that what you are reading now are my last words ever directed your way.
Old 4th June 2013, 04:07 PM   #338
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post

What's the problem with live reporting from a half-way skilled web researcher who is interested in a "CT" topic much more relevant than what flies as thread topic these days like super lame fringe blogs of "conspiracy theorists" nobody has ever heard of? I don't think it lowers the quality of this subforum in general. Do you?

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 4th June 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 04:13 PM   #339
dafydd
Banned

Ok, the purpose of my posts is certainly not to provide "harmless amusement" to someone like you, so don't be surprised to find out that what you are reading now are my last words ever directed your way.
I am cut to the quick. It won't stop me reading your inconsequential posts. Still no nefarious plots to report, I see.

Last edited by dafydd; 4th June 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 4th June 2013, 05:11 PM   #340
Oz1976
Muse

What's the problem with live reporting from a half-way skilled web researcher who is interested in a "CT" topic much more relevant than what flies as thread topic these days like super lame fringe blogs of "conspiracy theorists" nobody has ever heard of? I don't think it lowers the quality of this subforum in general. Do you?
Bolding Hilite mine. That would be the bottom half I assume?
Oz1976 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 05:14 PM   #341
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Oz1976 View Post
Bolding Hilite mine. That would be the bottom half I assume?

It says more about your skills than it says about mine that you feel the need to jump at "opportunities" like that.
Old 4th June 2013, 05:32 PM   #342
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Waaaah, anyway, maybe it's time for an early break before the show starts on Thursday... with a quiet little song we can all agree upon.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 4th June 2013, 09:56 PM   #343
Scotty Ladouche
Scholar

So you are a suicide conspiracy theorist martyr? Cool story shebro.
Scotty Ladouche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 10:16 PM   #344
Bishop
Critical Thinker

Don't listen to the naysayers, CE! I for one am deeply engrossed in your research.
Bishop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 10:26 PM   #345
Scotty Ladouche
Scholar

Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Don't listen to the naysayers, CE! I for one am deeply engrossed in your research.
Research?? Where?
Scotty Ladouche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2013, 12:09 AM   #346
greybeard
Critical Thinker

And on a more serious note: 1) I'm with some wise man who said "if you look at the history of mankind you can either laugh or cry, and I prefer laughing", and 2) I don't hold the believes you think I do and the noisemakers lay at my feet because they want the topic to disappear. Read the thread.
Could that possibly be because you always stop just short of letting anyone know what your beliefs are? Your m.o. seems to be to publicise all sorts of woo but to always step back when asked for your opinion on it.
greybeard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2013, 02:21 AM   #347
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Could you point out some examples of this research please?
Old 5th June 2013, 02:22 AM   #348
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Could that possibly be because you always stop just short of letting anyone know what your beliefs are? Your m.o. seems to be to publicise all sorts of woo but to always step back when asked for your opinion on it.
You've hit the nail on the head.
Old 5th June 2013, 04:41 AM   #349
Bishop
Critical Thinker

Live reporting, my mistake! Not research.
Old 5th June 2013, 11:36 AM   #350
NightStar76
Thinker

I'm enjoying Defiance. It's on basic cable, could be worth a look?

Anyway, I think the one thing I'm certain about with Bilderberg is that I'd be unhappier if meetings like this weren't taking place. Our wealthiest and most powerful men in the western hemisphere, all working in isolation? Without camaraderie or friends or neat drinks? I'm sure that wouldn't end well.
NightStar76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2013, 02:22 AM   #351
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Um, yeah, about those nefarious plots... CE, care to share, since they must be so important?
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2013, 04:32 AM   #352
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Um, yeah, about those nefarious plots... CE, care to share, since they must be so important?
You are expecting CE to actually say something concrete?
Old 6th June 2013, 06:12 AM   #353
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Ok, here's your gear. There's a camp site in Watford with program and taxi shuttles to the conference, self-ironically named Bilderberg Fringe Festival, where you can party with Kissinger. Charlie Skelton is warming up and not the only writer reporting for the Guardian this year. He was at a town hall meeting earlier this week - I was right, a "donor" will pay for the security, so that wasn't controversial.

Originally Posted by Charlie Skelton
The audience was an odd mix. Half were residents from around the venue worried about the possibility of tyre-damage to a strip of lawn; the other half were journalists from around the world worried about the geopolitical implications of a conference at which BAE, Stratfor and General Petraeus will be discussing "Africa's challenges".

Also already warmed up and inciting the Brits to revolt against the "German monarchy" as we speak is Alex Jones, who can be seen ranting on some of the several livestreams - always behind him pro-streamer Luke Rudkowski.

Guess it's time for the greeting ceremony now while the guests arrive. The official participant list doesn't contain much more surprises than the annual pseudo-skeptical babbling. I asked Lawrence Lessig if he'll tweet from the conference. No reply so far.
Old 6th June 2013, 07:50 AM   #354
dafydd
Banned

Ok, here's your gear. There's a camp site in Watford with program and taxi shuttles to the conference, self-ironically named Bilderberg Fringe Festival, where you can party with Kissinger. Charlie Skelton is warming up and not the only writer reporting for the Guardian this year. He was at a town hall meeting earlier this week - I was right, a "donor" will pay for the security, so that wasn't controversial.

Also already warmed up and inciting the Brits to revolt against the "German monarchy" as we speak is Alex Jones, who can be seen ranting on some of the several livestreams - always behind him pro-streamer Luke Rudkowski.

Guess it's time for the greeting ceremony now while the guests arrive. The official participant list doesn't contain much more surprises than the annual pseudo-skeptical babbling. I asked Lawrence Lessig if he'll tweet from the conference. No reply so far.
I missed the bit about the nefarious plots. The Brits are far too sensible to take any notice of a nutcase like Alex Jones.

Last edited by dafydd; 6th June 2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 6th June 2013, 09:05 AM   #355
Scotty Ladouche
Scholar

The nefarious plot, according to the latest CT news, is that, at the 2004 BB meeting in Italy, the head of BP suggested to an unnamed person from Shell to merge BP and Shell, and left under the impression it might happen.

Being almost 10 years later and not having actually happened, we can conclude this was the most nefarious plot evar.
Old 6th June 2013, 03:04 PM   #356
NightStar76
Thinker

Alex Jones has recently discovered the British royal family is descended from Germans! He CAN learn! Maybe, someday, he'll learn not to speak.
NightStar76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2013, 11:14 PM   #357
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Indeed. Just what nefarious plots have these brave CTists discovered?
Well, now Childlike has had the opportunity to chime in, and it looks like the answer to your question is absolutely nothing. Four years in and still waiting for a nefarious Bilderberg conspiracy. Oh well, maybe next year then?
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2013, 02:06 AM   #358
angrysoba
Philosophile

I think this Bildergerg-bothering is fun, and I want to see more.

(And the best thing about it is that while the whole Bilderberg decoy is going on, the real rulers of the world are at my house planning world domination!

Tee-hee-hee!

I mean, Mwaaaa ha ha!)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2013, 04:13 AM   #359
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
I think this Bildergerg-bothering is fun, and I want to see more.

(And the best thing about it is that while the whole Bilderberg decoy is going on, the real rulers of the world are at my house planning world domination!

Tee-hee-hee!

I mean, Mwaaaa ha ha!)

That's the correct approach. "You should view the world as a conspiracy run by a very closely-knit group of almost omnipotent people, and you should think of those people as yourself and your friends." That's what THEY are hiding from the below-average freemason.
Old 7th June 2013, 04:48 AM   #360
carlitos
"más divertido"

CE, your participation in these conferences is entirely virtual, yes?

Just FYI, when you write in the first person "we have..." it sounds a bit like you are physically there.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories