ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags mediums , noreen renier , psychic detectives , psychics

Old 4th February 2014, 06:25 AM   #41
Sherlock
Muse

Questions Psychic Noreen Renier hasn't answered

A month ago I posted this series of questions shortly after Noreen Renier posted to the JREF forum that she was once again providing lectures from Phoenix to Cocoa Beach, in Florida. Since my posting of these questions she has remained deadly silent. Apparently she can't answer these:

1. You claim that you have been hired by hundreds of law enforcement agencies and your posted website rate for law enforcement agencies is $1000. Please then name just 20 city or county public police agencies across the United States who have directly paid your $1000 fee from funding by that agency for any of your paranormal services in the last 10 years. Twenty out of your “hundreds” should be easy. Unless you have been exaggerating or deceiving the public with your claims.

2. Your website claims you have worked with “state Law Enforcement Agencies in 38 states” --- so please name just 15 State Police agencies who have directly hired you and paid for your services over the past 40 years.

3. Your web site claims you had “scientific testing” at various colleges and universities. Yet none of the colleges or universities you name on your web site found you to have any paranormal abilities at all. And a faculty team at Southern Oregon State campus found your abilities actually below random chance. If this is not so, please provide the names of any college or university (not personnel) which performed “scientific testing” on you and found you have paranormal powers.

4. U.S. federal judge William E. Anderson ordered a judgment against you on March 21, 2011 and ruled that you were not a credible witness and had misled his court. You repeatedly appealed his judgment against you in ever higher courts and yet the next four federal judges also ruled against you and in my favor --- all agreeing with Judge Anderson’s judgment against you. If you are credible why have six out of six federal judges ruled against you --- and all in my favor --- just since 2006?

5. In 1989 the parents of Tiffany Sessions hired you to find their daughter. At that time you aroused the media and told reporter Jack Alexander that "I have very good vibes about this case . . . I know I can find the young lady.” Yet now 25 years later you never furnished any accurate or concise enough information to identify where Tiffany Sessions is. Nor have you returned the money the family paid for your services. What happened to Tiffany Sessions and where is she?

6. Several months ago you told JREF Forum members that you would provide a listing of colleges or universities where you are an “adjunct faculty member” and where you were previously given “teaching appointments” for teaching accredited courses. You have not yet provided even a single college or university where you taught an accredited course. Nor have you provided even a single accredited college or university which agrees that you are or ever have been an “adjunct faculty member”. So where are the colleges and universities where you are an “adjunct faculty member” and have taught an accredited course?

7. Why do all of the eye-witnesses to the airplane crash near Gardner Massachusetts indicate your claim of finding the crashed plane is both bogus and deceptive? Why do the actual persons who found the plane (and are supported by all of the local law enforcement agencies near the crash as having found the plane) also indicate you are lying about “finding” or in any way describing accurately anything about the crash, the crash site, or the location of any of the passengers? And why do you repeatedly claim your visions of survivors at the crash site are true when the medical examiner stated all of the passengers died instantly at the crash? And why do you repeatedly charge fees for speaking engagements where you claim to “have found the plane” when none of the victims were alive and acted at the crash site as you describe in a truly delusional tale of your own making?

Last edited by Sherlock; 4th February 2014 at 06:27 AM.
Sherlock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2014, 10:11 AM   #42
Madalch
The Jester

Wouldn't it be quicker to list the ones that she *has* answered satisfactorily?
Old 4th February 2014, 10:16 AM   #43
Rincewind
Graduate Poster

Would they start from number 8?

Rincewind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2014, 04:04 AM   #44
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier: Avoiding questions for decades

Across five different federal courts and a string of lower state and county courts --- with myself during the past three decades as a plaintiff in lawsuits against Noreen Renier --- its been clear she has reasons to avoid answering questions. Her silence here showcases why she lacks the "super psychic" paranormal abilities she claims.

She can't even come up with a list of just 15 of her claimed 38 state law enforcement agencies that she's worked with. Much less the names of even 25 among the "hundreds" of U.S. law enforcement agencies she claims to have been directly hired by.

Silence. Again. And absolutely zip in response to my questions. 50 years of her claims --- all apparently nothing but self marketed delusions.

Last edited by Sherlock; 5th February 2014 at 04:15 AM.
Sherlock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2014, 08:31 PM   #45
Battman
Thinker

Originally Posted by Madalch View Post
Wouldn't it be quicker to list the ones that she *has* answered satisfactorily?
But then Sherlock wouldn't have anything to post.

Keep up the good work Sherlock.
Old 9th February 2014, 04:41 PM   #46
Sherlock
Muse

Questions psychic Noreen Renier is avoiding

As the questions were first provided to Ms. Renier on January 17th we are now going into our fourth week of her silence. So I'd like to make it even easier for her.

For my question #1 regarding your claim that you have been hired by hundreds of law enforcement agencies (your current posted website rate for law enforcement agencies is $1000 and has been for years), now just name 10 city or county public police agencies across the United States who have directly paid your $1000 fee from funding by that agency for any of your paranormal services in the last 10 years.

Ten is half of what I previously asked and just 10 out of your “hundreds” you should recall off the top of your head. Unless such items as the "police evidence" that you claimed was given to you from an unsolved police case (items included a bloody shirt and bones) that you showed on national television have actually been fake stage props and part of a multi-decade deceptive public charade.

For your response to questions in #2 (which follows up on your website claim that you have worked with “state Law Enforcement Agencies in 38 states”), I'll request now just 5 State Police agencies who have directly hired you and paid for your services over the past 40 years. That's just 5 from the 38 you claim.

What's wrong Ms. Renier? You continue to make such claims in your public appearances --- let's see even a small sliver of proof.

And don't forget the remaining questions in #3 and on as posted above.

Last edited by Sherlock; 9th February 2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10th February 2014, 02:19 AM   #47
Rincewind
Graduate Poster

Still nothing, huh?

Colour me absolutely amazed....

Rincewind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2014, 05:55 AM   #48
Reno
Inquisitor

Why is it that if Renier is not a liar, a cheat, and a fraudster, she has not made successful claims in court for libel and slander? Is it because she is, in fact, a liar, a cheat and a fraudster?

"I am the danger." - Heisenberg
Reno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2014, 02:07 PM   #49
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier: Police Psychic Actress

Actually she's filed more than 500 litigation papers over the past two decades with all sorts of claims against me. In every case the federal courts have ruled in my favor and dismissed her claims. As noted, five federal judges (across 3 different federal courts) have agreed with the judgment against her that she is not credible and in having misled a federal court.
Old 10th February 2014, 03:46 PM   #50
HumanityBlues
Graduate Poster

I would love to see some of these psychics claiming to have been hired by law enforcement be sued or go to jail. These psychics are selling a product, and one thing you're not allowed to do is make fraudulent misrepresentations to consumers who pay for your product. Every state has consumer protection laws that she could be sued under. Obviously, someone who is a psychic is already a liar by virtue of the fact that psychics aren't real in the first place---but that becomes a bit of a stickier issue. However, bolstering yourself and undeservedly raising your credibility by claiming you've been hired by law enforcement agencies is a verifiable lie that she is gaining an unfair benefit from. I wish I had tons of money cause I would sue her myself.

Sherlock, it sounds like you already have a prior history with this woman. Do you have any posts that summarize your interactions with this person? I would be interested in reading it.

ETA: In researching this a bit, it appears She has filed bankruptcy twice, the last time in 2008....

Last edited by HumanityBlues; 10th February 2014 at 03:57 PM.
HumanityBlues is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2014, 05:34 AM   #51
Sherlock
Muse

Orlando based Noreen Renier: Questions unanswered

Her last bankruptcy was brought about after a Washington U.S. District Court ruled in my favor and awarded me approximately $45,000 (after final interest payments) from Noreen Renier. She received that federal judgment against her in publishing a book with damaging claims made against me --- an act which the court found was a breach in a settlement with me from a Florida State court which she had signed.

Penguin Books (Penguin Group of Berkley Publishing) was her publisher and upon the filing of my lawsuit dropped her as a client and immediately cancelled publication of her book --- even recalling further distribution. They apparently were well aware that she had failed to notify them that she was not to publish the type of content she did alongside my name.

Her book when finally re-issued years later (with a much smaller publisher) was minus dozens of pages from the original. I was also awarded the majority of her collected unpaid royalties on her original book --- with a much smaller remainder going to her unpaid attorney. It cost her dearly -- she even had to pay the bankruptcy court $9000 to regain her copyright --- the majority of those recovered funds also were awarded to me.

Taken together with approximately $26,000 in debts she filed as unpaid to her attorney the situation prompted her latest bankruptcy. However her choice to enter into bankruptcy simply further compounded her problems. Her distortions in filing her bankruptcy --- including failing to list me at all as her principal unpaid creditor and also claiming on her first two filings income and assets more than $100,000.00 less than actual levels --- likely were a basis for the federal judge in ruling her not credible and having misled his court. Another U.S. District Court (this time in Virginia) followed up on that judgment ruling against her appeal in 2011, and a higher court made a similar ruling against her in 2012.

For more, including statements by the federal judges, see http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...judgments.html

For anyone who has yet to read how my interaction with Renier began --- and her deceptive claims of finding a lost airplane --- see my web site at http://www.commentarybysherlock.com/...unwaypart1.asp and also the bottom half of http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...n%20alias.html

Last edited by Sherlock; 11th February 2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 16th February 2014, 02:04 AM   #52
Sherlock
Muse

Issues / Questions Psychic actress Noreen Renier won't answer

Anyone wishing to suggest additional questions to Noreen Renier can leave a message here or at amindformurder@gmail.com

Questions can also be requested with any providers name and association to Ms. Renier withheld and in confidence. Some information may be held until suitable for public release by a media news report, in publication, and/or other release.

A brand new web site has been set up to allow the public to review issues and questions Noreen Renier so far has refused to answer. View it at: http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...n%20alias.html

I thank all of you for your comments here and in private. Particularly those who previously supported Ms. Renier and have now been "awakened."

Last edited by Sherlock; 16th February 2014 at 02:06 AM.
Old 17th February 2014, 08:36 AM   #53
xterra
So far, so good...

Location: On the outskirts of Nowhere; the middle was too crowded
Sherlock,

Two suggestions:

First, the new website needs to be proofread for both grammar and punctuation. One example is in Question 6: "most staunchest skeptical critic" where you should delete "most." I know this sounds like nit-picking, but as you know, people who want to discredit will point to anything they can to discredit.

Second, for clarity and impact, perhaps each question should be in a separate paragraph at the end of the section.

Continue to fight the good fight.

xterra
Old 18th February 2014, 05:53 AM   #54
Sherlock
Muse

Wink Thanks to xterra

xterra:

Thank you very much. Much of the work takes place very late at night on very few hours of sleep among myself and others. Many alterations were made tonight prompted by your comments. Please --- if you see or read something more you don't like, we'll fix it. Much appreciation too for the kudos.

Last edited by Sherlock; 18th February 2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 13th March 2014, 04:51 AM   #55
Sherlock
Muse

Presumably Noreen Renier is now only hours away for her first of three presentations in the Tucson-Phoenix area (beginning at 6:30pm on Thursday March 13 and continuing with public events on Friday and Saturday --- see the first item in this thread for details).

But as of Thursday morning, March 13, 2014 she has absolutely rejected answering any of the questions posted here on the JREF forum or those updated and posted at http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...n%20alias.html

And she's apparently giving the same response as always of 'never answering questions from skeptics who cannot open their minds to the paranormal.' Particularly it seems when such critics have uncovered a host of delusionary events and psychic charades created by Ms. Renier herself.

Last edited by Sherlock; 13th March 2014 at 04:55 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal