ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 26th July 2016, 11:02 AM   #601
FenerFan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ThirdTimeLucky View Post
I can't post links yet, but over in the Apollo subforum at CF, dear old Simon Shack is amazed that Nasa had the moon rover's tyres made by a tyre company (post dated 10th July):
On one hand, we are told that the "Good Year" tire company developed "non-pneumatic / wire mesh" tires made out of piano wire / strings:

"The mesh was woven out of piano wire to provide a soft, springy surface to contour to the ground and provide good ride quality."

[Image]

Now, a good question you might ask yourself is: why the heck would they ask the "Good Year" tire company to develop something which has NOTHING / ZILCH to do with rubber-tire technology? Wouldn't they have rather asked, say, the Steinway piano manufacturers to develop that "piano-wire" moon tire? :P
That's what counts as a good question in that world.

3TL
(I only joined for the Stundies!)
Here's a link:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?
f=23&t=59&start=1290

Also, welcome to the forum ThirdTimeLucky.
Sadly, the Stundies have sort of fallen off the last year or so. It was great back in the day when we had an awesome crop of insanity every month from which to choose a winner. Too bad, it was great fun. Although, it does expose one to jarring stupidity, CF being a prime example. That place can hurt your brain. I still can't wrap my head around the Vicsims thing. The insanity of such an idea is matched by how utterly offensive it is to the friends /family of those who perished on 9/11.
You found a really good one, IMO. Yes Simon, Steinway would clearly be a much more obvious choice to develop a tire than GoodYear.
Maybe your interest can jump start the Stundies once again.

Last edited by FenerFan; 26th July 2016 at 11:17 AM.
FenerFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2016, 11:14 AM   #602
ThirdTimeLucky
New Blood

Originally Posted by FenerFan View Post
Also, welcome to the forum.
Sadly, the Stundies have sort of fallen off the last year or so. It was great back in the day when we had an awesome crop of insanity every month from which to choose a winner. Too bad, it was great fun. Although, it does expose one to jarring stupidity, CF being a prime example. That place can hurt your brain.
Yes I remember back then*, when I was a lurker at the old place. That's probably where I learned about CF, and it's fascinating, hilarious and downright offensive all at the same time, the amount of stuff that they are not even wrong about.

3TL

* I loved the inscription on the trophy. "Haha I'll illiterate" wasn't it?
ThirdTimeLucky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2016, 10:58 AM   #603
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by ThirdTimeLucky View Post
* I loved the inscription on the trophy. "Haha I'll illiterate" wasn't it?

Wasn't there a third "ha"?
Old 27th July 2016, 04:09 PM   #604
ArmillarySphere
Muse

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
That's what they want you to think.
ArmillarySphere is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2016, 01:39 AM   #605
MetalPig
Illuminator

And an !
Old 29th July 2016, 01:14 PM   #606
Erock
Muse

Ah(hahahahahahah I'll thingy), those were the days
Old 5th August 2016, 08:24 PM   #607
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Wow. Teh Stundies have been moribund for quite some time, but we might need to revive them just for the recent influx of Holocaust Deniers. I give you this gem:

Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Yes, you're a despicably racist fantasist. I think that's already been well established.
Thanks for the compliment...nothing to be ashamed about.
We all can hate whoever we want and you can too so whats the problem.

What is a racist fantastist?

He gets called a "racist fantasist", thanks trustbutverify for the "compliment", but only then does he bother to ask for a definition of the term....
Old 5th August 2016, 08:39 PM   #608
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I mean, seriously, look at this ****:

Originally Posted by HDenier View Post
"the defence also obtained numerous affidavits from former inmates of Mauthausen (a prison camp chiefly for criminals) testifying to humane and orderly conditions there"

Whoops... don't want to show anybody from the holohoax community that statement...lol....

As with anything the holoaxers say you can bet it is either an exaggeration, an outright lia or a partial truth exploited to say the opposite of what it said or showed. God forbid that anyone would show that the Germans took care of their inmates.

The problems now everyone claims as the "holocaust" happened AFTER the war because the camps railroads were bombed, tens of thousands of war survivors entered the camps and overpowered all systems, food, water, health, you name it. Epidemics came and people died and it was ALL blamed on those "mean Nazis" when in reality it was the allies who should be taking the blame. The Germans were the scapegoats. It took up till the mid 70's for the holohoax to be fully embedded into society by the lies, movies and false testimonies

What a lot of you might not know is that the holohaox story started with an event started by the American Nazi Party. That group brought all this holohaox stuff to the fore front and through a man called FRANK COLLINS...A JEW in April of 1977 in a place called Skokie Illinois, "The largest Shtetl of Holocaust Survivors in America"
Americanussr.com/nazi-leaders-jewish.htm

This was a PLANNED event put up by the JEWS to get all this holocaust nonsense going. Prior to this nobody realy cared about this Jewsih holocaust crap..and derservedly.....After all America had Hogans Heroes, and everybody knows that NO thought of gassings was ever brought up in that humerous show and the Germans were not evil but just dipicted as dumbos. That show ran from 1965-1971....

After all this Skokie stuff happened, and the Supreme court actions came and gone did all the lies flow in typical Jewish victimization fashion to what it is NOW being eaten up by dumbos who keep pushing this Holohoax nonsense......

The Jews were in FULL CONTROL of this Holohoax.....They even used a Jew to get it all going.....Who says the Jews don't control the media..lol.....

I mean, I started to chuckle at "the "holocaust" happened AFTER the war", but then he just keeps doubling down. Hogan's Heroes proves the Holocaust was fake? That trumps just about every 9/11 Stundie ever made!
Old 7th August 2016, 08:26 AM   #609
threadworm
Graduate Poster

DIFbat Decim conclusively writes off centuries of academia in a flat Earth 'debate':

Quote:
The failure of 'science' and law to investigate 9/11 destroys all credibility as far as 'science' and the USA is concerned.

Until that is rectified.

Credibility -0

In other words science didn't do what I think it should have done (or rather, did do what I think it should have done but came up with conclusions I didn't like), therefore all science is wrong.

https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...&postcount=733

Apollo Hoax Debunked

Last edited by threadworm; 7th August 2016 at 08:27 AM. Reason: clarity
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2016, 09:07 AM   #610
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by Maartenn100 View Post
Totally agree with Annnnoid about the fact that we have no clue at all:
I don't believe that one scientists who talks about the origine of the universe, really understand his own phrases. " a singularity pops up into existence, surounded by nothingness, not even space, expanding into nothingness. Before the existence of this singularity was no time and no space. This singularity was infinitely dense (contradictory in the terms) etc.

Do you really think that the scientist who got his Nobel Prize because of these statements understands one single bit of what he is trying to communicate?

Scientists who win awards in their field are just pretending to be smart.
Old 12th August 2016, 11:20 AM   #611
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

I mean, seriously, look at this ****:

I mean, I started to chuckle at "the "holocaust" happened AFTER the war", but then he just keeps doubling down. Hogan's Heroes proves the Holocaust was fake? That trumps just about every 9/11 Stundie ever made!
That was hilarious; this is a shark that cannot be un-jumped. My first impulse was to think "eh, Poe"; but a Poe usually at least tries to make the parody believable, grounded in some sort of sanity, and Holocaust Deniers aren't bound by any such restriction. So...it seems to be a demonstration of a corollary to Poe's Law, that it takes real and sincere dedication to go beyond a point that even satire won't reach for.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2016, 11:32 AM   #612
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
That was hilarious; this is a shark that cannot be un-jumped. My first impulse was to think "eh, Poe"; but a Poe usually at least tries to make the parody believable, grounded in some sort of sanity, and Holocaust Deniers aren't bound by any such restriction. So...it seems to be a demonstration of a corollary to Poe's Law, that it takes real and sincere dedication to go beyond a point that even satire won't reach for.
My parents (I'm 60 y/o) did not like us watching Hogan's Heros specifically because it glossed over the horror of Nazi policies and programs.

My parents, especially my father who's older brother was KIA in WW2, knew the war was by no means funny, and that POWs did not enjoy themselves as in the show. It rubbed them the wrong way.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 12th August 2016 at 11:34 AM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2016, 12:02 PM   #613
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
My parents (I'm 60 y/o) did not like us watching Hogan's Heros specifically because it glossed over the horror of Nazi policies and programs.

My parents, especially my father who's older brother was KIA in WW2, knew the war was by no means funny, and that POWs did not enjoy themselves as in the show. It rubbed them the wrong way.
I'll be 60 in February, so I remember the show in its first runs as well. My mother hated it- she was German, in fact grew up in Hitler's Germany, and had the same attitude- "not funny, this was not the way it was!"

The only time I remember the Holocaust to have come up was once when she told me about her town's Lutheran pastor being sent to a concentration camp because he said something derogatory about Hitler/the Nazis. The idea that this could have happened so easily to a non-Jew, but not to Jews, who Hitler had expressly said were a problem needing a solution, is just ridiculous.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2016, 12:46 PM   #614
threadworm
Graduate Poster

It's been a while, but by gosh by golly we have a contender worthy of the competition.

Newly minted moonhoaxtard wogoga extrapolates wildly in his unique take on maths. I've removed his stupid notation to help get a grip on his result, rather than the convoluted workings:

Quote:
By the way, concentrations of organic matter up to "1,910 parts-per-billion" are not "very low". These concentrations have even been high enough to determine isotopic composition! If we take e.g. world population of around 7 billion then "1,910 parts-per-billion" result in around 14 thousand humans.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=184

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2016, 09:26 AM   #615
threadworm
Graduate Poster

OK so I decided to poke around wogoga's website for s&g and came across this:

http://www.pandualism.com/d/beedeath.html

in which our hero discusses the real reason for declining bee populations across the globe.

Is it pesticides?

No.

Habitat loss?

No.

Lack of spare bee souls?

Could bee!!

Quote:
The primary cause of this bee death is very simple: there are not enough bee souls for the growing honey production all over the world. Many of the bee souls working now in East Asia and South America still worked in Europe and North America some years ago. The most efficient way to increase the world-wide honey production would consist in exterminating all species closely related to the honey bee. Yet it is clear that the souls of such related species need some lives as honey bees before they can be efficient honey bees themselves.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
Old 18th September 2016, 10:23 AM   #616
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
OK so I decided to poke around wogoga's website for s&g and came across this:

http://www.pandualism.com/d/beedeath.html

in which our hero discusses the real reason for declining bee populations across the globe.

Is it pesticides?

No.

Habitat loss?

No.

Lack of spare bee souls?

Could bee!!
There used to be more bees than there are now. I wonder what happened to all those souls?

Good karma changed them to souls for a higher life form?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2016, 05:49 AM   #617
threadworm
Graduate Poster

I know I know, it's cluesforum, but some things need to be shared.

In their moon hoax thread they've resurrected the famous Aldrin 'visor shot' full of anomalies and obvious fakery blah blah, antipodean gets all confused by how reflections work:

Quote:
Also in the centre of the reflection in the visor, the white up right figure appears to be another astronot, yet Buzz credits Neil with taking the picture.
OMG - who could the other astronaut reflected in the visor holding a camera be!!!?!11!

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php...=1305#p2401460

Apollo Hoax Debunked

Last edited by threadworm; 19th September 2016 at 05:50 AM. Reason: tyop
Old 11th October 2016, 02:52 AM   #618
Armitage72
Master Poster

Climate change denial has long since reached the point of being a conspiracy theory, with politicians and scientists supposedly working together to manufacture data for nefarious purposes, and the recent claim that Hurricane Matthew was hoaxed to promote the climate change agenda.

I encountered some amusing comments on the web site of a syndicated newspaper comic strip, of all places.

This was yesterday's Pearls before Swine.

A soon as Rat mentioned global warming, I knew there would be some stupid comments.

Quote:
And the reason it is called Greenland is because the Earth WAS ONCE MUCH WARMER THAN IT IS TODAY, which is why the Scandinavians were able to live there and farm.
Quote:
Greenland used to be greener. The Viking settlers were frozen out during the last climate adjustment.

Yes, the ancient days of the 10th Century, when Greenland was a temperate paradise, with no kilometer thick ice sheet in sight. Fortunately, someone else pointed out that the name was propaganda to get settlers to move to the tiny habitable region, and I didn't have to make the effort.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 04:38 AM   #619
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

No link because it was irl, but while waiting for my bag at O'hare, two guys are having a buddy type argument. I hear one say "That's just ******* stupid!" The other catches my eye & says "Dude. Isn't it just fair that women should have MAternity tests!?!"

I just stare... the hamster in the wheel of my brain falls, does about 8 revolutions, gets out & stares too. All I can manage is "Why".

Last edited by 332nd; 27th October 2016 at 04:40 AM.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2016, 01:38 AM   #620
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I can't even begin to fathom what is going on in the mind of our latest Stundie powerhouse in the 9/11 sub-forum.

Originally Posted by lentz1 View Post
If the Bush family didn't do it then who? I was doing research online and I find that less than 10 people got arrested in America after 9 11 happened in America and 2996 people were killed. What does that mean?
Yes, why weren't the charred remains of the hijackers resurrected so they could be arrested? We demand zombie justice!

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2016, 06:03 AM   #621
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I can't even begin to fathom what is going on in the mind of our latest Stundie powerhouse in the 9/11 sub-forum.

Yes, why weren't the charred remains of the hijackers resurrected so they could be arrested? We demand zombie justice!

Dave
Some people have problems, deep problems. I stopped responding to that thread.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2016, 06:04 AM   #622
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
No link because it was irl, but while waiting for my bag at O'hare, two guys are having a buddy type argument. I hear one say "That's just ******* stupid!" The other catches my eye & says "Dude. Isn't it just fair that women should have MAternity tests!?!"

I just stare... the hamster in the wheel of my brain falls, does about 8 revolutions, gets out & stares too. All I can manage is "Why".
They do have them. It's called a birth certificate.
Old 28th October 2016, 06:08 AM   #623
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post

I encountered some amusing comments on the web site of a syndicated newspaper comic strip, of all places.

This was yesterday's Pearls before Swine.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...psxdfzifum.jpg
Those are the types of people that would have emigrated from Denmark. The least bright would have traveled to Greenland in September. Nature then weeded out the weakest.
Old 4th December 2016, 06:38 AM   #624
threadworm
Graduate Poster

In a thread about making a UFO detector, DIF member busa neglects to check the batteries in his irony detector:

Quote:
We are fortunate to see a fair few UFOs on a regular basis because we live underneath the intersection of a commercial flight corridor and a military flight corridor.
https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...94&postcount=7

Apollo Hoax Debunked
Old 29th December 2016, 08:21 AM   #625
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Stundie is still at it..............

Quote:
Figures in man hours are one thing, they still don't include a cost and any figure you arrive at is estimated, unless you have the COST.

Sorry but man hours are man hours, costs are costs, you can apply costs to man hours, but how do you know the figures? You don't!
http://the911forum.freeforums.org/is...20.html#p27201

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 10:36 PM   #626
carlitos
"más divertido"

That address is for the high quality 911 forum that a couple of the remaining truthers frequent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2017, 06:47 AM   #627
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I just had to go back and retrieve this one. It's a classic.

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Fire in air (78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen) cannot get hot enough to cause molten iron in this universe, so you are wasting your breath with that comment.
A quick history lesson: blast furnaces, which melt iron by combustion in air, date back to the 1st Century AD in China. Oxygen was first produced as a reasonably pure gas in 1771, so no other mix of oxygen and nitrogen was available prior to that date. Apparently, most of the last two millennia of human history occurred in an alternative universe.

And this from a man who frequently claims his training as a mechanical engineer makes him the intellectual superior of the vast majority who disagree with him.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2017, 07:29 AM   #628
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Don't forget his infinitely insulating building rubble.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2017, 08:18 AM   #629
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Don't forget his infinitely insulating building rubble.
How could I forget that he initially set the rubble pile temperature at the melting point of iron, thus ensuring that in his model, if calculated properly, the iron would never solidify?

Though, of course, immediately after he corrected it he seems to have forgotten I pointed that out, as he so often does when I point out his most embarrassing screw-ups.

Dave

Old 27th February 2017, 12:58 PM   #630
Nickpeeka
New Blood

The numbskulls at Cluesforum have now decided to bring the full force of idiocy and ignorance on electricity generation.

"I suppose in a way, this is somewhat similar to the NASA thread in that if we identify one aspect being false (the Apollo missions) then why assume that the rest of it (satellites, probes etc) to be true.
In this case, some are questioning the reality of nuclear power stations but not that of coal, gas fired, hydroelectric or any other type of ‘generation’.
Obviously we don’t need to study videos or computer renderings to decide if electricity is a real thing or not but what if the source of all this energy wasn’t from turbines driving generators in various different guises at all, but was an entirely natural and infinite resource, which could very easily and cheaply be harnessed and distributed to the worlds population? What if this system was already in place and had been since the beginnings of electrification and that all power stations of whatever type are nothing but elaborate props whose sole purpose is to dupe the masses into paying vast sums of money for something that was almost as free as Earth’s air?"

The op does admit this is not his own theory. He got it from a YouTube video posted by a flatearther who also believes crude oil does not exist. Who could possibly doubt anyone with such a pedigree?
Nickpeeka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2017, 01:02 PM   #631
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Nickpeeka View Post
The numbskulls at Cluesforum have now decided to bring the full force of idiocy and ignorance on electricity generation.

"I suppose in a way, this is somewhat similar to the NASA thread in that if we identify one aspect being false (the Apollo missions) then why assume that the rest of it (satellites, probes etc) to be true.
In this case, some are questioning the reality of nuclear power stations but not that of coal, gas fired, hydroelectric or any other type of ‘generation’.
Obviously we don’t need to study videos or computer renderings to decide if electricity is a real thing or not but what if the source of all this energy wasn’t from turbines driving generators in various different guises at all, but was an entirely natural and infinite resource, which could very easily and cheaply be harnessed and distributed to the worlds population? What if this system was already in place and had been since the beginnings of electrification and that all power stations of whatever type are nothing but elaborate props whose sole purpose is to dupe the masses into paying vast sums of money for something that was almost as free as Earth’s air?"

The op does admit this is not his own theory. He got it from a YouTube video posted by a flatearther who also believes crude oil does not exist. Who could possibly doubt anyone with such a pedigree?
Goodness. Link?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2017, 03:23 PM   #632
carlitos
"más divertido"

I found this after googling a random sentence from the above quote.

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php...72cd488835982d
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2017, 03:36 PM   #633
Nickpeeka
New Blood

Sorry, can't post links yet but yes, that's the one.

The other dunces are now queuing up to endorse the lunacy. I honestly don't know how these people manage to function believing just about everything is being faked.
Nickpeeka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2017, 09:53 PM   #634
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Nickpeeka View Post
I honestly don't know how these people manage to function ...

Objection! Assuming facts not in evidence!
Old 27th February 2017, 10:27 PM   #635
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post

Thank you for holding my hand. I don't like my smart phone interface, so didn't do that. My apologies.
Old 28th February 2017, 01:16 PM   #636
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post

Coming ever closer to ""The Matrix" was a documentary"
Old 28th February 2017, 03:00 PM   #637
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Truthist deserves mention for managing to get banned after less then a week with his neo Nazi rants.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2017, 03:38 PM   #638
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Truthist deserves mention for managing to get banned after less then a week with his neo Nazi rants.
Well his claims thst minimization of the number killed to only a million or so and therefore Nazis are not bad, is the kind of idiocy worthy of a Stundie.
Old 3rd March 2017, 08:56 AM   #639
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Thank you for holding my hand. I don't like my smart phone interface, so didn't do that. My apologies.
You're welcome.
Old 1st April 2017, 02:03 PM   #640
Dave Rogers

I'm particularly impressed by this piece of tortured logic from MicahJava in the endless JFK thread.

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
We've all heard of informed conspiracy theorists becoming lone nutters, but have you ever heard of an informed lone nutter becoming a conspiracy theorist? No. Is it because lone nutterdom is just the true way to go? No. I've heard of plenty of atheists who know all the arguments against God that suddenly become Christians for whatever reason. It's because lone nutterdom gives you a sense of comfort and superiority that can't be matched. It's really stronger than a religion.
Because nobody ever starts out believing the Kennedy assassination wasn't a conspiracy but is then persuaded that it was, that proves that it must have been a conspiracy.

Dave

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories