ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags general discussion , holocaust , holocaust denial , World War II history

Closed Thread
Old 7th August 2016, 05:00 AM   #681
Degeneve
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 868
Originally Posted by EtienneSC View Post

German laws in force prohibiting indiscriminate killings,
Any reference to said German laws "prohibiting indiscriminate killings"?

Furthemore did these laws apply in territories like the General Government where the extermination camps were located or in the Soviet territories under control of the Wehrmacht where the Einsatzgruppen were completely free to carry on their mass killings? Is this statement not contradictory to the "Commissar Order" issued by the OKW (Oberkommando der Wehrmacht) on 6 June 1941? Finally how do you explain that despite "laws prohibiting indiscriminate killings" the Wehrmacht let more than 3 millions Soviet POWs starve to death?
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 05:07 AM   #682
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away
 
Dash80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,186
Originally Posted by LemmyCaution View Post
And nearly 2 million Jews were shot in open-air massacres and up to another 700,000 perished as a result of overwork, starvation, or disease brought on by the conditions of their captivity.

It is important IMO to stress, given denier obsession with gas chambers, that just a bit more than half the Jewish victims in the Holocaust were killed in gas chambers or by gas vans - and of these a bit more than 35% were killed using Zyklon B.

Jim knows all this because we went over it last week - "You've already been corrected on this . . . up to 2 million Jews were shot, about 2.6 million were murdered in camps (about 1.5-1.6 million of these by engine exhaust, not Zyklon B), and about 0.7 million died from starvation, overwork, disease. Why do you insist on distorting what others have claimed?"

Jim's reply to being corrected the first time he offered this inept maxim was to ask for us to show 2 million shot - then, when shown evidence, to request photos, autopsies, etc. As Ivanesca says, Jim's using a very silly strawman that must be embarrassing even to deniers, a breed that does not embarrass easily.

Not only that, but tens of thousands transported to the camps died on the trains or were shot inside them. For example... Over 300,000 Jews were deported to Treblinka in the summer of 1942, considering the conditions of chaos that existed at that time, I'd be inclined to wonder if even half of them made it as far as the gas chambers.
__________________
I see that the No-Planers still travel Air Elastic-Band with their fleet of innovative rubber Boeings.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 07:53 AM   #683
LemmyCaution
Master Poster
 
LemmyCaution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,850
Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
Any reference to said German laws "prohibiting indiscriminate killings"?

Furthemore did these laws apply in territories like the General Government where the extermination camps were located or in the Soviet territories under control of the Wehrmacht where the Einsatzgruppen were completely free to carry on their mass killings? ...
In fact, no. There is an excellent, older study of Nazi special law for the east, written by Diemut Majer (“Non-Germans” Under The Third Reich: The Nazi Judicial and Administrative System in Germany and Occupied Eastern Europe, with Special Regard to Occupied Poland, 1939–1945); from the USHMM review:
Quote:
Drawing extensively on German archival sources as well as on previously unexplored material from Poland and elsewhere in eastern Europe, Majer shows with chilling detail how the National Socialist government maintained a superficial legal continuity with the Weimar Republic while expanding the legal definition of Fremdvölkische, to ultimately give itself legal sanction for the actions undertaken in the Holocaust. Replete with revealing quotations from secret decrees, instructions, orders, and reports, this major work of scholarship offers a sobering assessment of the theory and practice of law in Nazi Germany.
The book's focus is on how divergences in the law for the east became "special law" for so-called enemy people and subject populations. I highly recommend this book, which comprehensively eviscerates EtienneC's attempt here (warning: Maier's book is detailed - "long winded" as some of us might charge - and runs over 1,000 pp).
__________________
. . . all this would be absurd if it weren't happening, now let's go and eat.
- Jose Saramago, The Stone Raft

Last edited by LemmyCaution; 7th August 2016 at 08:04 AM.
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 08:06 AM   #684
Nick Terry
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,958
Originally Posted by LemmyCaution View Post
In fact, no. There is an excellent, older study of Nazi special law for the east, written by Diemut Majer (“Non-Germans” Under The Third Reich: The Nazi Judicial and Administrative System in Germany and Occupied Eastern Europe, with Special Regard to Occupied Poland, 1939–1945); from the USHMM review:
The book's focus is on how divergences in the law for the east became "special law" for so-called enemy people and subject populations. I highly recommend this book, which eviscerates EtienneC's attempt here.
More recently, for German-readers there's also

Maximilian Becker, Mitstreiter im Volkstumskampf: deutsche Justiz in den eingegliederten Ostgebieten 1939-1945. Munich: De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 2014

which synthesises much previous research on the emergence of parallel judicial systems (special courts) and the judicial state of emergency that emerged, 'justifying' the use of police-run summary courts (Standgerichte). The most famous of these met every so often in the main camp of Auschwitz and sentenced suspects to death at the rate of one every few minutes, before they were taken out to be shot at the 'Death Wall' by Block 11.
__________________
Belzec, Sobibor, Treblinka. Holocaust Denial and Operation Reinhard. A Critique of the Falsehoods of Mattogno, Graf and Kues.
(biggest ever skeptical debunking of conspiracy theorists; PDF available)

Everytime one asks you holocaust deniers for positive evidence you just put your finger in the ears, dance around and sing lalala - Kevin Silbstedt
Nick Terry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 09:42 AM   #685
LemmyCaution
Master Poster
 
LemmyCaution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,850
Originally Posted by Nick Terry View Post
More recently, for German-readers there's also

Maximilian Becker, Mitstreiter im Volkstumskampf: deutsche Justiz in den eingegliederten Ostgebieten 1939-1945. Munich: De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 2014

which synthesises much previous research on the emergence of parallel judicial systems (special courts) and the judicial state of emergency that emerged, 'justifying' the use of police-run summary courts (Standgerichte). The most famous of these met every so often in the main camp of Auschwitz and sentenced suspects to death at the rate of one every few minutes, before they were taken out to be shot at the 'Death Wall' by Block 11.
Which reminds me, in the light of LeoMajor's mention of Konrad Morgen in this context, that Pauer-Studer & Velleman have written an insightful study of Morgen, Konrad Morgen: The Conscience of a Nazi Judge (2015). They show that the investigations of murder (and corruption) among KL officials which Morgen conducted eventually led to his being sidelined by Himmler, who was ultimately unable to square his idea of a clean SS with the reality of its missions and practices. Morgen opted to attack corruption and individual murders because he was stonewalled on murder programs in the camps, being told that they were off limits to his investigations. Starting here is a discussion of the book's conclusions, ranging from Morgen's investigations of the use of excessive force by German policeman in occupied Galicia to corruption and murder in the KLs, from Morgen's SS career and remit to his awareness of the Final Solution - and in this post is a brief account of Morgen's demise as an SS judge.

Already we have shown in several ways, from how law was developed and applied to actual behavior of SS and other German forces how EtienneSC's claims of clean occupations and observation of conventional German legal norms by the Nazis during the war is nothing but wishful thinking uninformed by widely available and discussed evidence.
__________________
. . . all this would be absurd if it weren't happening, now let's go and eat.
- Jose Saramago, The Stone Raft

Last edited by LemmyCaution; 7th August 2016 at 09:44 AM.
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 09:51 AM   #686
JimRizoli
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Framingham Mass USA
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by Dash80 View Post
Long winded... LOL

In other words, when confronted with detailed, well written and knowledgeable posts about the Holocaust... deniers like you can't process it.
Actually when confronted with nonsense I choose to get bored very quickly. You can't win when Skeptoids want to believe that 6 million Jews were killed in fake gas chambers using bug spray....perfectly rational information being dispense on this most irrational site...but hey this is what it is.
I see that some of you have posted here thousands of times....
Yikes....must be a lonely life for you out the in the real world, where some people deal with things rationally, and not emotionally.
I hope this doesn't get me banned for hurting someones feelings for telling it like it is....LOL

Jim Rizoli
CCFIILE.COM
IHR.ORG
VHO.ORG
HOLOCUSTHANDBOOKS.COM

These sites are where I believe some common sense is but the HoloHuxsters like to come here to peddle their nonsense. Those who have lost their sense of reality have to have somewhere to hang out.
JimRizoli is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 10:20 AM   #687
Degeneve
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 868
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
perfectly rational information being dispense on this most irrational site...
Well, in fact it is perfectly factual information which dispensed on this site.
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 10:26 AM   #688
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin
 
zooterkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Berkshire, mostly
Posts: 42,823
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
6 million Jews were killed in fake gas chambers using bug spray
Feel free to identify one person here who believes this.
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.Bertrand Russell
Zooterkin is correct Darat
Nerd! Hokulele
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 10:46 AM   #689
JimRizoli
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Framingham Mass USA
Posts: 104
Love the HoloHoax nonsense....

Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
Well, in fact it is perfectly factual information which dispensed on this site.
I guess this nonsense if factual to nonsensical people.....

120 ft piles of clothes, 75 ft piles of shoes so says # 1 witnesses
Kurt the liar Gerstein who was quoted many times by the HoloHuxster writers, hair being made into mattresses, soap out of jew fat, skin out of lampshades...... can't forget those shrunken heads that mysteriously disappeared after being shown at the Nuremberg trial....ZB gas pellets being thrown onto the floor through holes that weren't there and poof a cloud of gas that kills people in 5-15 minutes.
Jews being electrocuted in Belzec, 850,000 killed in Treblinka by diesel gas, buried, dug up and put on huge hibachis and burned to ashes on that hibachi, then the ashes are spread where?
Today there are NO mass graves but the Holohuxsters point to small graves and think that millions of people are buried there.
Yup, these are the things that rational people are forced to believe and if they don't they go to jail in 21 countries. Pretty soon people will be jailed for NOT believing in Santa Claus...
Then the Holohuxsters find their way to this site that they can all hang out and spew their nonsense for all to see and they complain like hell if people come here and expose their nonsense....
I'm just glad I see how the HoloHoax scam works and who and what is behind it.
People would find it hard to comprehend that a Skeptic site like this will question every other topic under the sun but go along hook line and sinker with the HoloHoax and not question one thing about it.

Not one thing!

Yes you have to love the HoloHoax topic it's definitely a topic that questions the sanity of those that believe in Hoaxes....

Jim Rizoli
CCFIILE.COM
JimRizoli is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 11:08 AM   #690
LeoMajor
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 183
I feel the need, once again, to remind our confused newcomer that a Polish investigative commission found a gigantic amount of human remains at Treblinka in 1945, that similar finds were made at Belzec and Chemno by similar commissions, and that Polish paramilitary and police forces found additional remains when responding to robbery diggers. I also cannot empathize enough that a Polish archaeologist, Andreaz Kola, found 33 mass graves at Belzec in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

I will copy, paste, and post this paragraph every time he feels the need to lie shamelessly to the viewers of this forum in the manner that he did above.
LeoMajor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 11:12 AM   #691
Baffled
Critical Thinker
 
Baffled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 332
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
I see that some of you have posted here thousands of times....
Yikes....must be a lonely life for you out the in the real world, where some people deal with things rationally, and not emotionally.
Aaaaaand, where do you normally post again?
__________________
Wants to be a saint rather than a knight.
Baffled is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 11:39 AM   #692
HDenier
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 291
Edited by jsfisher:  <snip> Content edited for compliance with Rule 11 of the Membership Agreement. Also, if there is an issue to be raised regarding the management of this forum, it should be raised in Forum Management Feedback, an area set aside specifically for that sort of thing.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by jsfisher; 7th August 2016 at 12:15 PM.
HDenier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 11:43 AM   #693
JimRizoli
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Framingham Mass USA
Posts: 104
About those MASS graves....how many people are you talking here and pictures please.
I have a problem believing in such nonsense without pictures....
Is there a reason why we DON'T have any pictures?

Well anyway......
Below is what they put to death 11 people for......so I guess it's just a minor thing right?
Being put to death for lies that was said about you.
I love the electrocution tale....LOL

http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/auschwitz.shtml

Fake 'Gas Chamber'

Each year for decades, tens of thousands of visitors to Auschwitz have been shown an execution "gas chamber" in the main camp, supposedly in its "original state." In January 1995 the prestigious French weekly magazine L'Express acknowledged that "everything" about this "gas chamber" is "false," and that it is in fact a deceitful postwar reconstruction. [6]

Bizarre Tales

At one time it was seriously claimed that at Auschwitz Jews were systematically killed with electricity. American newspapers in February 1945, citing a Soviet eyewitness report from the recently-liberated camp, told readers that the methodical Germans had killed Jews there using an "electric conveyor belt on which hundreds of persons could be electrocuted simultaneously [and] then moved on into furnaces. They were burned almost instantly, producing fertilizer for nearby cabbage fields." [7]

At the Nuremberg Tribunal, chief US prosecutor Robert Jackson charged that the Germans had used a "newly invented" device to instantaneously "vaporize" 20,000 Jews near Auschwitz "in such a way that there was no trace left of them." [8] No reputable historian now accepts either of these fanciful tales.

Except the Skeptoids here....LOL

JR

Last edited by JimRizoli; 7th August 2016 at 11:45 AM.
JimRizoli is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 12:24 PM   #694
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,571
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
About those MASS graves....how many people are you talking here and pictures please.
I have a problem believing in such nonsense without pictures....
Is there a reason why we DON'T have any pictures?
We do have them, you're just too lazy to find them. I am not so ghoulish as to subject this forum to photographs and video that are easy to find of people being executed directly into their final resting place, but I know they exist.

Quote:
I love the electrocution tale....LOL
Yes. Yes I imagine you do.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 12:48 PM   #695
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
... Jews were killed in fake gas chambers using bug spray.....

Oh, Jim! The gas chambers were real! It was the showers that were fake. But you knew that ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 12:49 PM   #696
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away
 
Dash80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,186
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
Actually when confronted with nonsense I choose to get bored very quickly. You can't win when Skeptoids want to believe that 6 million Jews were killed in fake gas chambers using bug spray....perfectly rational information being dispense on this most irrational site...but hey this is what it is.
I see that some of you have posted here thousands of times....
Nobody here believes 6 million Jews were killed in chambers using "bug spray." That's your silly and ignorant assertion, in fact SEVERAL posters have pointed out how wrong you are.

Is this really all you have to say? Repeating yourself, despite being corrected numerous times? You're setting a very low standard for deniers here, not that most had any to begin with.
__________________
I see that the No-Planers still travel Air Elastic-Band with their fleet of innovative rubber Boeings.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 12:53 PM   #697
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away
 
Dash80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,186
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
About those MASS graves....how many people are you talking here and pictures please.
I have a problem believing in such nonsense without pictures....
Is there a reason why we DON'T have any pictures?

Well anyway......
Below is what they put to death 11 people for......so I guess it's just a minor thing right?
Being put to death for lies that was said about you.
I love the electrocution tale....LOL

http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/auschwitz.shtml

Fake 'Gas Chamber'

Each year for decades, tens of thousands of visitors to Auschwitz have been shown an execution "gas chamber" in the main camp, supposedly in its "original state." In January 1995 the prestigious French weekly magazine L'Express acknowledged that "everything" about this "gas chamber" is "false," and that it is in fact a deceitful postwar reconstruction. [6]

Bizarre Tales

At one time it was seriously claimed that at Auschwitz Jews were systematically killed with electricity. American newspapers in February 1945, citing a Soviet eyewitness report from the recently-liberated camp, told readers that the methodical Germans had killed Jews there using an "electric conveyor belt on which hundreds of persons could be electrocuted simultaneously [and] then moved on into furnaces. They were burned almost instantly, producing fertilizer for nearby cabbage fields." [7]

At the Nuremberg Tribunal, chief US prosecutor Robert Jackson charged that the Germans had used a "newly invented" device to instantaneously "vaporize" 20,000 Jews near Auschwitz "in such a way that there was no trace left of them." [8] No reputable historian now accepts either of these fanciful tales.

Except the Skeptoids here....LOL

JR
The crematorium and gas chamber in Auschwitz main camp was converted into an air raid shelter in 1944. From everything I've seen, there seems to have been no attempt to hide this fact or that the building was reconverted into it's pre-1944 configuration only after the war. Are you going to deny there was a crematorium in that building too?

Misinformation, distortions, rumors and such DO NOT prove millions of Jews weren't killed. The one thing you deniers seem to ignore is all these reports AGREE they were being murdered, no matter how fanciful the rumored method was.
__________________
I see that the No-Planers still travel Air Elastic-Band with their fleet of innovative rubber Boeings.

Last edited by Dash80; 7th August 2016 at 12:57 PM.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 01:00 PM   #698
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 22,105
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
I'm still waiting for proof.....
Not rhetoric...


Jim Rizoli
Uhm, allow me to remind you of the burden of proof rule:

The party who challenges the accepted paradigm has the burden of proof.


This might seem unfair, but obviously, we can't keep rounding up proof of the same thing every time somebody shows up and says he won't believe it.

Now, whether you like it or not, the accepted paradigm is that the Nazi regime killed millions of Jews and other people. The evidence is publicly available, and it you want to review it, you can.

If you want to claim the the holocaust did NOT happen, you must either falsify the existing evidence or provide new evidence supporting your claim. All the rest of us need to do is wait till you do so (and not hold our breath).

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.

Last edited by MRC_Hans; 7th August 2016 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Spelling misteaks
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 01:08 PM   #699
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
.... buried, dug up and put on huge hibachis and burned to ashes on that hibachi, then the ashes are spread where?
Don't forget the bone crusher. This took 2 seconds to find:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M...ation_camp.png
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 01:29 PM   #700
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,950
Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
It has to be trolling... not even the most witless deniar would form these 'arguments".
You forget dear old Clayton.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 01:39 PM   #701
JimRizoli
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Framingham Mass USA
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Uhm, allow me to remind you of the burden of proof rule:

The party who challenges the accepted paradigm has the burden of proof.


If you want to claim the the holocaust did NOT happen, you must either falsify the existing evidence or provide new evidence supporting your claim. All the rest of us need to do is wait till you do so (and not hold our breath).

Hans
Good point....how about showing how it works.
According to this site below...ZB worked great for clothing not for people and thats where all the confusion came.
People were mixing the fumigation process up with the propaganda and lies that the Germans were "gassing" people with the ZB.
Technically speaking the way the rooms that they say were gas chambers weren't set up for killing people. Killing lice yes people no.
So for me to prove it didn't happen is pretty easy because through science and technology we see it can't be done the way the camps were set up.
But you HoloHuxsters can believe the moon is made of cheese also and there is not much I can say because I was never on the moon to check it out.

http://nazigassings.com/zyklondelousing.html

I'm sure some of you skeptoids know the truth but refuse to accept it.
Or I hate to say have some cognitive issues you're dealing with.

JR

Last edited by JimRizoli; 7th August 2016 at 01:40 PM.
JimRizoli is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 02:44 PM   #702
DianeKayKing
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 21
A small blurb of info: "German archbishop, Cardinal Faulhaber of Munich ... informed the Americans that during the Allied air raids on Munich in September 1944, 30,000 people were killed. The archbishop requested the authorities at the time to cremate the bodies of the victims in the crematorium at Dachau. But he was told that, unfortunately, this plan could not be carried out; the crematorium, having only one furnace, was not able to cope with the bodies of the air raid victims. Clearly, therefore, it could not have coped with the 238,000 Jewish bodies which were allegedly cremated there."

Last edited by DianeKayKing; 7th August 2016 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Close quote
DianeKayKing is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 02:54 PM   #703
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,691
Originally Posted by DianeKayKing View Post
A small blurb of info: "German archbishop, Cardinal Faulhaber of Munich ... informed the Americans that during the Allied air raids on Munich in September 1944, 30,000 people were killed. The archbishop requested the authorities at the time to cremate the bodies of the victims in the crematorium at Dachau. But he was told that, unfortunately, this plan could not be carried out; the crematorium, having only one furnace, was not able to cope with the bodies of the air raid victims. Clearly, therefore, it could not have coped with the 238,000 Jewish bodies which were allegedly cremated there."
Having been to Dachau, I know this is utter rubbish.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 02:56 PM   #704
Degeneve
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 868
Originally Posted by DianeKayKing View Post
A small blurb of info: "German archbishop, Cardinal Faulhaber of Munich ... informed the Americans that during the Allied air raids on Munich in September 1944, 30,000 people were killed. The archbishop requested the authorities at the time to cremate the bodies of the victims in the crematorium at Dachau. But he was told that, unfortunately, this plan could not be carried out; the crematorium, having only one furnace, was not able to cope with the bodies of the air raid victims. Clearly, therefore, it could not have coped with the 238,000 Jewish bodies which were allegedly cremated there."
No serious scholar has ever claimed that 238,000 Jewish bodies had been cremated at Dachau concentration camp. In fact I have never read such statement.
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:01 PM   #705
LemmyCaution
Master Poster
 
LemmyCaution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,850
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
We do have them, you're just too lazy to find them.
Actually, too lazy to click on the links we've provided. His method is to ask for photographs, when shown photographs to pretend he wasn't or to say they don't show enough bodies or every site or whatever, and then simply to revert back to asking for photos as though we'd not been through this before.

His obsession with photographs of the crime scenes is really odd; I guess it is so that he can always say, without explaining why, that there should be more photographs than those that exist.
__________________
. . . all this would be absurd if it weren't happening, now let's go and eat.
- Jose Saramago, The Stone Raft
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:07 PM   #706
LemmyCaution
Master Poster
 
LemmyCaution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,850
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Uhm, allow me to remind you of the burden of proof rule:

The party who challenges the accepted paradigm has the burden of proof.
Indeed. And the explicit goal of "revisionism" is to challenge and revise the basic historical conclusions drawn by historians and other scholars working in the field. Yet deniers seem barely familiar with the recent scholarship they claim needs revision - and, in Jim's case, not even conversant with high-school level history of the period, let alone recent scholarly interpretations. Jim is unable to state correctly any of that which he purports to challenge - and then, as you put it so well, he refuses to produce or explain evidence that challenges works we cite, link to, or base our thinking on.
__________________
. . . all this would be absurd if it weren't happening, now let's go and eat.
- Jose Saramago, The Stone Raft
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:09 PM   #707
LemmyCaution
Master Poster
 
LemmyCaution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,850
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
You forget dear old Clayton.
Neck and neck, I'd say . . .
__________________
. . . all this would be absurd if it weren't happening, now let's go and eat.
- Jose Saramago, The Stone Raft
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:29 PM   #708
LemmyCaution
Master Poster
 
LemmyCaution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,850
Originally Posted by DianeKayKing View Post
A small blurb of info: "German archbishop, Cardinal Faulhaber of Munich ... informed the Americans that during the Allied air raids on Munich in September 1944, 30,000 people were killed. The archbishop requested the authorities at the time to cremate the bodies of the victims in the crematorium at Dachau. But he was told that, unfortunately, this plan could not be carried out; the crematorium, having only one furnace, was not able to cope with the bodies of the air raid victims. Clearly, therefore, it could not have coped with the 238,000 Jewish bodies which were allegedly cremated there."
The claims in the quoted material don't make sense. It would help readers (two have already complained, and I now I am doing so) deal with such discrepancies if you had provided a source for what you quoted - not doing so is quite discourteous.

The problem is (I am going on memory as I am traveling and without access to books on Dachau) that somewhere around 200,000 prisoners passed through Dachau - and these included "Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, French, Yugoslavs, Czechs, Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, Italians, Jews, Homosexuals, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Communists, Gypsies" according to Wikipedia. Even at war's end, political prisoners made up the large majority of prisoners. In other words, Jews were not the majority - and nowhere near 238,000 Jews perished at Dachau. The camp's total death toll has been estimated in the 30,000+ range. IIRC there were early, high estimates of the number of deaths at Dachau - right after liberation. But recent studies would not, to the best of my recollection, support the claim that "238,000 Jewish bodies" were cremated at Dachau or anything like it (leaving aside the faulty logic used by the author you quote), but, please, a link to your source so that I can try to figure out where this 238,000 figure comes from . . .
__________________
. . . all this would be absurd if it weren't happening, now let's go and eat.
- Jose Saramago, The Stone Raft

Last edited by LemmyCaution; 7th August 2016 at 03:33 PM.
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:29 PM   #709
JimRizoli
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Framingham Mass USA
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Having been to Dachau, I know this is utter rubbish.
And exactly what did you see in Dachau?
A fake "gas" chamber? WOW....that is pretty incriminating! LOL

JR
CCFIILE.COM
JimRizoli is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:30 PM   #710
HDenier
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 291
This is getting to be fun....
Here is something I wrote, get educated...

https://framgovfreed.onlinegroups.ne...1MY3PxHAM3Zz1h
HDenier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:33 PM   #711
HDenier
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 291
Some holocaust hoaxers want to rip off American taxpayers..

https://framgovfreed.onlinegroups.ne...NlLxD8DLUz3C0V
HDenier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:35 PM   #712
HDenier
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 291
Holocaust picture deserves scrutiny.

https://framgovfreed.onlinegroups.ne...UM4WK5zp091yhq
HDenier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:37 PM   #713
JimRizoli
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Framingham Mass USA
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by LemmyCaution View Post
The claims in the quoted material don't make sense. It would help readers (two have already complained, and I now I am doing so) deal with such discrepancies if you had provided a source for what you quoted - not doing so is quite discourteous.

The problem is (I am going on memory as I am traveling and without access to books on Dachau) that somewhere around 200,000 prisoners passed through Dachau - and these included "Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, French, Yugoslavs, Czechs, Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, Italians, Jews, Homosexuals, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Communists, Gypsies" according to Wikipedia. Even at war's end, political prisoners made up the large majority of prisoners. In other words, Jews were not the majority - and nowhere near 238,000 Jews perished at Dachau. The camp's total death toll has been estimated in the 30,000+ range. IIRC there were early, high estimates of the number of deaths at Dachau - right after liberation. But recent studies would not, to the best of my recollection, support the claim that "238,000 Jewish bodies" were cremated at Dachau or anything like it (leaving aside the faulty logic used by the author you quote), but, please, a link to your source so that I can try to figure out where this 238,000 figure comes from . . .
238,000 from here not that it matters to you..
https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2...red-at-dachau/

JR
JimRizoli is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:38 PM   #714
LeoMajor
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 183
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
About those MASS graves....how many people are you talking here and pictures please.
I have a problem believing in such nonsense without pictures....
Is there a reason why we DON'T have any pictures?
I feel the need, once again, to remind our confused newcomer that a Polish investigative commission found a gigantic amount of human remains at Treblinka in 1945, that similar finds were made at Belzec and Chemno by similar commissions, and that Polish paramilitary and police forces found additional remains when responding to robbery diggers. I also cannot empathize enough that a Polish archaeologist, Andreaz Kola, found 33 mass graves at Belzec in the late 1990's and early 2000's.
LeoMajor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:39 PM   #715
LeoMajor
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 183
Originally Posted by LemmyCaution View Post
Neck and neck, I'd say . . .

HDenier takes the top spot IMO. The tie breaker was the "Hogans Heroes Conspiracy" and the assurance that the Holocaust was "made up" in 1977 in some Chicago suburb.
LeoMajor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:41 PM   #716
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,691
Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
No serious scholar has ever claimed that 238,000 Jewish bodies had been cremated at Dachau concentration camp. In fact I have never read such statement.
My point.

At Dachau, maybe 30K, many of them in cruel human experiments.

The 238K figure comes from the feverish thoughts (if such they can be so described) of deniers.

The horror of that camp is more accurately described by the activities of one Dr. Rascher, whose "work" at Dachau continues to this day to inform aircraft design.

That is just a little sick, but data is data. We might not like how it was despicably gathered, but it is valid data.

The method of gathering that data, well, that is a different thing. There is no end to which I would not go to make such a person suffer that would consider using human guinea pigs up to, and beyond, death.

And right there is the difference. In the allied sphere, it was voluntary to submit to testing for anything. In Nazy Germany, it was instructed, no choice allowed.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:46 PM   #717
LeoMajor
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 183
Originally Posted by HDenier View Post
If you will notice the cowardly way our post are showing edits and supposed rules violations. Of course others slanderous name calling is ignored. This shows that this list has lost the debate about the holohax, and now are looking for "technicalities " of rule violations that obviously aren't going to stop. This is how it is done...It happened in another group that was run by bigots and haters, that got all exposed thank God...
Your expulsion from SSF occurred due to your spewing of violent and racist rhetoric, your getting clobbered and mauled in all debates, and your writing abusive emails to the moderator. It was justified, and if your conduct here is any indication you and your brother are headed for a similar fate once again. Please note that I have received edits as well.

Last edited by LeoMajor; 7th August 2016 at 03:47 PM.
LeoMajor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:47 PM   #718
LemmyCaution
Master Poster
 
LemmyCaution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,850
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
. . . No reputable historian now accepts either of these fanciful tales.

Except the Skeptoids here....LOL
Links to posts proving your claim about this, please.
__________________
. . . all this would be absurd if it weren't happening, now let's go and eat.
- Jose Saramago, The Stone Raft
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:48 PM   #719
Border Reiver
Philosopher
 
Border Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,629
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
And exactly what did you see in Dachau?

A fake "gas" chamber? WOW....that is pretty incriminating! LOL



JR

CCFIILE.COM


Not that you'll follow the link, read it or actually learn, but Dachau never had a gas chamber, nor has anyone claimed it had.
__________________
Questions, comments, queries, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks?
Border Reiver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th August 2016, 03:53 PM   #720
LemmyCaution
Master Poster
 
LemmyCaution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,850
Originally Posted by JimRizoli View Post
238,000 from here not that it matters to you..
https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2...red-at-dachau/

JR
First, what you linked to is not the source which DianeKayKing used and which I asked about.

Second, that blog says that the 238,000 number was an early, retracted claim and that about 206,000 prisoners were ever registered at Dachau, and that "According to a report made by the International Tracing Service at Arolson, Germany in 1977, there were 31,951 deaths at the main Dachau camp during the 12 years that the camp was in existence." It does not confirm that 238,000 Jewish bodies, as Diane King claimed, were cremated at Dachau - quite the contrary.

Third, can you not summarize the sources that you yourself use accurately?
__________________
. . . all this would be absurd if it weren't happening, now let's go and eat.
- Jose Saramago, The Stone Raft

Last edited by LemmyCaution; 7th August 2016 at 04:05 PM.
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.