ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 11th April 2018, 05:07 PM   #2081
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post

snip

every dl is an electric field but not every electric field is a dl. also in a dl the electric field is basicalky constant, and at halley it changes a lot.

well that is all i will type on my tablet
Quote:
The direction of the dc field suggests that the outer boundary of the CP is positively charged, while the inner boundary is negatively charged
Since when does an electric field have the above????

This electric field IS a DOUBLE LAYER!

This was found in your non classical draping as well!

"No, never electric discharges" [Tusenfem]

Dust, if you are talking about mass. Vacuum if you are talking about volume.[Jonesdave116 7/12/18]

Last edited by Sol88; 11th April 2018 at 05:08 PM.
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 05:13 PM   #2082
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Why would I? It's not relevant to anything I said, nor does it support your central claim about the nature of comets.

tusenfem gave a description of when and why MHD doesn't work. You have consistently failed to describe how comets meet those conditions. Furthermore, the inapplicability of MHD to some plasmas cannot turn ice into rock.

Yeah, no. That's really not what tusenfem is saying. It's most definitely not an actual rock.
MHD works for your maths, full stop.

I know it's nice to think of the interplanetary plasma is overall quasi-neutral and the magnetic fields are "frozen" in.

Like I said "step back" far enough and there are no trees just a forest!

Dust, if you are talking about mass. Vacuum if you are talking about volume.[Jonesdave116 7/12/18]
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 05:14 PM   #2083
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
I don't really care. What do the authors say? And, as I asked, what do you think it is doing? EDM (lol)? Glow discharges (lol)? Turning ice and dust into rock? Please tell me what relevance this has to Thornhill's loopy, unscientific woo.

Well done champ, well done!

It's ok if you do not understand.

Old 11th April 2018, 05:58 PM   #2084
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Usual DLs at comets idiocy and electric field stupidity

Originally Posted by Sol88 View Post
Since when does an electric field have the above????
12 April 2018: Usual DLs at comets idiocy and electric field stupidity.
Electric fields are produced by any charges.
"outer boundary of the CP is positively charged" and has an electric field.
"the inner boundary is negatively charged" and has an electric field.
There is a direct current (dc) and it has an electric field.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 05:59 PM   #2085
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Well done champ, well done!

So answer the question - what is it doing that has any relevance to Thornhill's woo? Stop evading and obfuscating and just answer a question truthfully for once.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 06:07 PM   #2086
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Lies about Ziggurat's post, MHD and plasma

12 April 2018: Lies about Ziggurat's post, MHD and plasma

Ziggurat's post is that MHD is irrelevant to the electric comet because MHD does not turn ice into rock !

MHD works because it includes the properties of plasma, i.e. they are gas and are ionized !
All plasma is quasi-neutral.
Magnetic fields being frozen is a good approximation used for appropriate plasma.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 06:19 PM   #2087
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Lies about jonesdave116's post where he understands Thornhill's unscientific woo

12 April 2018: Lies about jonesdave116's post where he understands Thornhill's loopy, unscientific woo (electric comet, etc.).

jonesdave116's post states that he does not care about Sol88's DL fantasy. He cares about what the authors say (there are no DLs in the paper). Even if the DL fantasy was true, there is no evidence that DLs have anything to do with Thornhill's comet delusions such as EDM of nuclei surfaces. DLs do not turn ices into rock !

So we have a pathetic attempt yet again to derail with MHD and DL from his many comet delusions.
His comet delusions include comets are rocks; these rocks were blasted from the Earth including recently; blasting was by electrical discharges between Earth and Venus; an imaginary solar electric field charges up comets; the charge causes never detected electrical discharges; comet jets are electrical discharges; images show that comets are rocks; Birkeland currents in comets and their tails with no appropriate magnetic field; papers using bedrock to describe layers of ices support his comet are rock delusion, imaginary double layers do magic; many years of lying that ices have not been detected on comets, a "hard shell of refractory material on the outside" lie, insanity of consolidated ices and dust in papers being rock, that MHD has anything to do with these delusions, cannot link DLs to his delusions.

Last edited by Reality Check; 11th April 2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11th April 2018, 06:49 PM   #2088
Sol88
Illuminator

ice to rock????

well done you mob!

the SAFIRE team are finding out plenty on DL's and the biggest one, in the context of comets, is they are a proof the comets is of a lesser potential than the of the solar wind.

i.e comets are rock discharging into the solar wind plasma, an ELECTRIC COMET.

Quote:
Energy transfer: Double layers fascilitate the transfer of electrical energy into kinetic energy, dW/dt=I.ΔV where I is the electric current dissipating energy into a double layer with a voltage drop of ΔV. Alfvén points out that the current may well consist exclusively of low-energy particles.[43] Torvén et al. also report that plasma may spontaneously transfer magnetically stored energy into kinetic energy by electric double layers

Particle acceleration: The potential drop across the double layer will accelerate electrons and positive ions in opposite directions. The magnitude of the potential drop determines the acceleration of the charged particles. In strong double layers, this will result in beams or jets of charged particles.
including the negatively charged nano dust accelerated off of the surface!

So unfortunately, for you, they are an integral part of the electric comet.

Old 11th April 2018, 06:57 PM   #2089
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

ice to rock????
That's the alchemy you're trying to achieve, not us.

Quote:
the SAFIRE team are finding out plenty on DL's
That's nice. All their findings still support the obvious conclusion that comets are primarily ice. I'm not sure why you struggle with this concept, it's not like electromagnetic and plasma phenomena cannot happen around ice.

Quote:
and the biggest one, in the context of comets, is they are a proof the comets is of a lesser potential than the of the solar wind.

Nope, doesn't follow. Not in any way, shape, or form.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 08:16 PM   #2090
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Quote:
Nope. No rock, no discharges. Fail.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 10:55 PM   #2091
tusenfem
Master Poster

This was found in your non classical draping as well!
wow that must be magic i performed, because i only use magnetometer data

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 12:11 AM   #2092
Sol88
Illuminator

Nope. No rock, no discharges. Fail.
Looks like we'll see, ay!

Quote:
The classical model of comets as dirty ice balls (Whipple 1950) has
focused most models of comets on ices. The more we visit comets,
the dustier they appear. With 67P’s dust-to-water ratio of 6 (and
possibly larger), it is now necessary to spend much more time in
modelling the non-volatile matrices with a modest content of ices
inside. Jean-Pierre Bibring proposes a new word naming this stuff,
‘organic(e)s’, where the modest content of ices (within brackets)
well summarizes the dominant non-volatile component. Between
the sizes of 0.1 and 1 mm, 99 per cent of the dust mass is in the
form of compact particles, denser than the nucleus. This implies
that much of the nucleus mass is in the form of mineral aggregates
(silicates and sulfides), so that a better definition may be ‘mineral
organic(e)s’.
Quote:
Even if the nucleus were composed of pure ice from a
depth of 1.5 cm downwards, the entire surface of 67P would release
a negligible water fraction of that observed (Gulkis et al. 2015;
Keller et al. 2015b). This proves that all the water-vapour is coming
from the uppermost surface layer thinner than 1 cm
Unexpected and significant findings in comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko: an interdisciplinary view

There are serious doubts being raised in the mainstream community on validity of the Whipple model!

Old 12th April 2018, 12:23 AM   #2093
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Quote:
There are serious doubts being raised in the mainstream community on validity of the Whipple model!
No there aren't. And Whipple's model is decades old, and from a time before we'd even visited a comet. That changed in 1986, in case you missed it. Why are you still using Whipple's model, when it is 30 years out of date? Mind you, it was a damn sight more accurate than the laughable nonsense concocted by T & T, who had access to data that Whipple never had, and still managed to make a laughing stock of themselves. EDM!! (lol).

Old 12th April 2018, 12:32 AM   #2094
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Looks like we'll see, ay!

Unexpected and significant findings in comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko: an interdisciplinary view

I also fail to see how any of the pieces you quoted lend any credence to the already debunked EC woo. Remember, dust and ice don't help you at all. Wal told us there we be very little dust due to electrostatic cleaning, and that there'd be no ice, and the comet would be rock. That looks like three strikes right there.

Old 12th April 2018, 02:28 AM   #2095
Sol88
Illuminator

wow that must be magic i performed, because i only use magnetometer data
The current did’nt change direction then?

Oh ok then...

What does make the interplanetary magnetic field change direction wrt “non classical draping” then tusenfem?

Old 12th April 2018, 02:33 AM   #2096
Sol88
Illuminator

I also fail to see how any of the pieces you quoted lend any credence to the already debunked EC woo. Remember, dust and ice don't help you at all. Wal told us there we be very little dust due to electrostatic cleaning, and that there'd be no ice, and the comet would be rock. That looks like three strikes right there.
Ok, then you’ve got me I give up!

Comets ARE indeed made of fluffy dust and ice left over from the formation of the solar system....

Old 12th April 2018, 02:38 AM   #2097
tusenfem
Master Poster

The current did’nt change direction then?

Oh ok then...

What does make the interplanetary magnetic field change direction wrt “non classical draping” then tusenfem?
what current??????..

the imf changes direction and usually there are like 4 sectors in tne imf, pointing outward and inward alternatingly, driven by the large scale magnetic field topology of tne sun

this has nothing to do with non-classical draping, which is caused by cometary ion pick up, acceleration by the solar wind convective electric field and solar wind deflection by momentum conservation and the solar wind magnetic field following the deflected ions (see koenders et al, 2016)

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 02:40 AM   #2098
tusenfem
Master Poster

I know it's nice to think of the interplanetary plasma is overall quasi-neutral and the magnetic fields are "frozen" in.
oh brother ....

(Max Headroom)
Old 12th April 2018, 02:43 AM   #2099
Sol88
Illuminator

No there aren't. And Whipple's model is decades old, and from a time before we'd even visited a comet. That changed in 1986, in case you missed it. Why are you still using Whipple's model, when it is 30 years out of date? Mind you, it was a damn sight more accurate than the laughable nonsense concocted by T & T, who had access to data that Whipple never had, and still managed to make a laughing stock of themselves. EDM!! (lol).

So what model do you (mainstream) use then jd116?

You seem a lot more up to speed than me.

The one proposed in the paper were we forget about the ice and model it on silicates and sulfides?

Quote:
11 CONCLUSIONS The classical model of comets as dirty ice balls (Whipple 1950)has focused most models of comets on ices. The more we visit comets, the dustier they appear. With 67P’s dust-to-water ratio of 6 (and possibly larger), it is now necessary to spend much more time in modelling the non-volatile matrices with a modest content of ices inside. Jean-Pierre Bibring proposes a new word naming this stuff, ‘organic(e)s’, where the modest content of ices (within brackets) well summarizes the dominant non-volatile component. Between the sizes of 0.1 and 1 mm, 99 per cent of the dust mass is in the form of compact particles, denser than the nucleus. This implies that much of the nucleus mass is in the form of mineral aggregates (silicates and suldes), so that a better denition may be ‘mineral organic(e)s’

Old 12th April 2018, 02:48 AM   #2100
Sol88
Illuminator

what current??????..

the imf changes direction and usually there are like 4 sectors in tne imf, pointing outward and inward alternatingly, driven by the large scale magnetic field topology of tne sun

this has nothing to do with non-classical draping, which is caused by cometary ion pick up, acceleration by the solar wind convective electric field and solar wind deflection by momentum conservation and the solar wind magnetic field following the deflected ions (see koenders et al, 2016)
Let her rip sport, we are all ears.

What causes the change of direction of the imf useing MHD?

Last edited by Sol88; 12th April 2018 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12th April 2018, 04:58 AM   #2101
Sol88
Illuminator

what current??????..

Quote:
Lately, in the era of Rosetta [Glassmeier et al., 2007a] at comet 67PCG, currents are playing an important role in new observations.
Current sheets in comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko's coma m.volwerk

Old 12th April 2018, 05:33 AM   #2102
tusenfem
Master Poster

Let her rip sport, we are all ears.

What causes the change of direction of the imf useing MHD?
how idiotic a question can you ask?

(Max Headroom)
Old 12th April 2018, 05:37 AM   #2103
tusenfem
Master Poster

Current sheets in comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko's coma m.volwerk
and what are we supposed to deduce from this, other than your ignorance of what you read?

so once more, what current is supposed to have "changed direction" ?

(Max Headroom)
Old 12th April 2018, 05:45 AM   #2104
Sol88
Illuminator

http://www.safirefilm.com/ewExternalFiles/SAFIRE-Project-Report.pdf

Seems they are leaving the mainstream theoretical models for dust!

Empirical science at its best!

Old 12th April 2018, 07:38 AM   #2105
JeanTate
Master Poster

My bold.

Clearly, you are either a) reading a totally different document, or b) have a profound misunderstanding of said mtms (possibly both).

A ~logical equivalent might be something like “seems they are leaving Sol88’s hotdog eating record for dust!”

But perhaps it is I who misunderstand; would you care write, in detail, what led you to your apparent “seems”?
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 08:18 AM   #2106
tusenfem
Master Poster

of course the most obvious flaw in the experiment (and in the es model drawn on page 14) that the sun is an anode, and there is only charge going in (electrons) and out through the cord in the hollow anode. naturally that cannot happen in the sun, even juergens was at least smart enough to have a complete circuit, going out at he poles.

(Max Headroom)
Old 12th April 2018, 09:34 AM   #2107
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

"The SAFIRE PROJECT generates the same energy densities as the sun’s photosphere and nuclear bombs. . ."
Bwahahahahahahahaha!
No.

The authors don't seem to understand that the energy densities of the sun are actually fairly low, orders of magnitude lower than an atomic bomb.
"The model is not without precedent. Some of the most illustrious explorers in the history of the sciences have long proposed that electricity plays a much more important role in the heavens than has been acknowledged – Benjamin Franklin, Michael Faraday, James Clerk Maxwell, Sir William Crookes, Kristian Birkeland, Nicola Tesla, Irving Langmuir, Hannes Alfvén, to name only a few. "
Nuclear fusion was first proposed as a possible power source for the sun in 1920. Franklin, Faraday, Maxwell, Crookes, and Birkeland all died before 1920, so their lack of knowledge of fusion is neither a strike against them nor against a fusion model of the sun.

Tesla could be a crank. I've seen no evidence that Langmuir thought the sun was powered by anything other than fusion. And Alfven explicitly stated that the sun is powered by fusion.

This attempt to appeal to authority is pathetic.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 11:05 AM   #2108
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Quote:
The one proposed in the paper were we forget about the ice and model it on silicates and sulfides?
More lying. That is not what the paper says. Have you ever tried to make an honest argument in your life? Why is it that EU proponents always seem to need to either lie, obfuscate, or show complete ignorance, whenever they discuss science? Is it a prerequisite of cult membership, or do you all pick it up from Thornhill, like some sort of contagious meme?

Old 12th April 2018, 11:13 AM   #2109
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

So, I haven't read the paper, but they've managed to make an electric orb glow like the sun using the current going trough the universe and NOT by plugging it into a mains?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 02:13 PM   #2110
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down A SAFIRE project lie (a pathetic attempt to model an electric Sun)

the SAFIRE team ...
12 April 2018: A SAFIRE project lie (a pathetic attempt to model an electric Sun, not his comet delusions).

12 April 2018: Mindlessly parrots a SAFIRE project web site DL lie.

The deluded Thunderbolts cult has many "we see bunnies in the clouds" delusions, e.g. Birkeland currents in physically impossible places (not around planets in a solar wind !).

The project web site uses that delusion by labeling images of varying levels of light from plasma as "double layers". A paper the researchers published back in 2015 makes this into a lie.
Study of striations in a spherically symmetric hydrogen discharge does not mention double layers, even mentions that the striations are not new (first found in 1997) and explains the striations as "instabilities arising from copious formation of negative ions that modify the radial space charge and electric field distributions".

Last edited by Reality Check; 12th April 2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12th April 2018, 02:21 PM   #2111
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Lies about a mainstream comet paper yet again

13 April 2018: Lies about a mainstream "Unexpected and significant findings" comet paper yet again.
This is the measurement of ices and dust in comets ! The paper is not his "serious doubts" lie. The paper suggests spending more time modeling comets like 67P, i.e. 6 times as much dust as ices.

13 April 2018: The repeated insanity that scientific models do not change and descriptions are a scientific model.
Whipple 1950 described comets as "dirty ice balls" because the knowledge at the time was of an outer solar system producing objects that were lots of ice and some dust. Thus a typical comet would be mostly ices with some "dirt". Of course comet ice and dust ratios will vary. Short period comets like the ones we have visited lose ices when they sublimate close to the Sun and may not have time to replace the ices during the outer part f their orbit.
Thus in hindsight it is not really a surprise that we measure some short period comets having more dust than ices.

The real insanity is that if we replaced a Whipple 1950 model of comets with more ice than dust with a modern astronomers 2018 model of comets with more dust than ice, comets would still be made of ices and dust. Sol88 would still be totally deluded about comets being made of rock, etc. !

Last edited by Reality Check; 12th April 2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12th April 2018, 02:50 PM   #2112
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation 826 items of ignorance, idiocy, delusions and lies, 29 August 2016 - 13 April 2018

803 items of ignorance, idiocy (citing irrelevant mainstream papers), delusion and lies dating from 29 August 2016 to 22 March 2018 (maybe hundreds more in the last 8 years!)
  1. 28 March 2018: Repeats a lie of DL's, etc. in cometary papers.
  2. 28 March 2018: Cites Wal Thornhill who has been lying abut comets for 13 years !
  3. 28 March 2018: Cites insane "comets from Mars" delusions from Wal Thornhill.
  4. 28 March 2018: Usual lies about DLs, Birkeland currents in comet papers to derail from his many comet delusions.
  5. 28 March 2018: The usual lie of ice and dust papers supporting his many comet delusions
  6. 28 March 2018: Links to a repeated lie of DLs found around comets in a Laako paper
  7. 11 April 2018: A lie that we are arguing about the role electricity plays in the Universe
  8. 11 April 2018: A lie by citing Electric Currents in Geospace and Beyond which is a standard astrophysics book.
  9. 11 April 2018: A lie that Alfven said MHD is wrong from another lying, deluded Thunderbolts video.
  10. 11 April 2018: An inane "MHD should have died with Alfven" delusion.
  11. 11 April 2018: A lie that we argued that there can be no charge separation in space plasmas.
  12. 11 April 2018: Idiocy and a lie not related to his insane video.
  13. 11 April 2018: Lies by quote mining H. Madanian et.al.
  14. 11 April 2018: Lies about tunsenfem's joke in a tweet.
  15. 11 April 2018: Lies of "double layers and Birkeland currents (FAC's, flux ropes, flux tubes, stringy things.....)" around comets.
  16. 12 April 2018: A deluded DL question was ignored but since he insists on his delusions being recorded forever we have a size of DL delusion.
  17. 12 April 2018: Usual DLs at comets idiocy and electric field stupidity.
  18. 12 April 2018: Lies about Ziggurat's post, MHD and plasma
  19. 12 April 2018: Lies about jonesdave116's post where he understands Thornhill's loopy, unscientific woo (electric comet, etc.).
  20. 12 April 2018: A SAFIRE project lie (a pathetic attempt to model an electric Sun, not his comet delusions).
  21. 12 April 2018: Mindlessly parrots a SAFIRE project web site DL lie.
  22. 13 April 2018: Lies about a mainstream "Unexpected and significant findings" comet paper yet again.
  23. 13 April 2018: The repeated insanity that scientific models do not change and descriptions are a scientific model.

Last edited by Reality Check; 12th April 2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12th April 2018, 03:07 PM   #2113
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
So, I haven't read the paper, but they've managed to make an electric orb glow like the sun using the current going trough the universe and NOT by plugging it into a mains?
It is not a paper - it is a deluded and lying PDF on their web site, e.g. that "generates the same energy densities as the sun's photosphere and nuclear bombs..." fantasy. It gives the insane background of the SAFIRE project.

The SAFIRE web site lies producing images looking like the Sun, e.g. the Sun is not covered in uniformly distributed tufts!

We have the engineer Montgomery Childs imagining defects with the "standard model of solar physics" and falling for the electric sun insanity which at best predicts that the Sun is a white dwarf (imaginary fusion in the photosphere from Scott).

There is the stupidity that "in industry, something as statistically stable as the stars suggest a relatively simple process". Followed by exploring the word of William Crooke - a experiment where he saw rubies glowing in a discharge. That leads to the insanity of no fusion at all - an electric sun that is close to a light bulb !

Ziggurat notes pathetic and wrong appeals to outdated authority as if Benjamin Franklin knew what we know about the Sun and space today!

Last edited by Reality Check; 12th April 2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12th April 2018, 03:59 PM   #2114
Sol88
Illuminator

and what are we supposed to deduce from this, other than your ignorance of what you read?

so once more, what current is supposed to have "changed direction" ?
There are no electric currents at and around comets, move along nothing to see here!

Gunna be good if they ever publish your paper, tusenfem.

There a definitely NO electric currents in the tail of a comet and most definitely nothing like this
Quote:
The angle of pitch of the helix varies smoothly and continuously with increasing radial distance, r, from the central axis of the current out as far as the plasma's current-carrying charge density extends. This causes cyclical reversals of direction (counter flows) in both the axial and azimuthal magnetic field and its collinear current density.
as detailed first by Don Scott.

So Whipples model still holds, sublimating ice being blown back by the wind.

Old 12th April 2018, 04:14 PM   #2115
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down A "no electric currents" lie about tusenfem's post.

There are no electric currents at and around comets, move along nothing to see here!
13 April 2018: A "no electric currents" lie about tusenfem's post.
tusenfem's post is asking Sol88 for Sol88's electric current at and around comets that Sol688 asserted to have changed direction.

ETA
13 April 2018: A lie that Don Scott detailed anything at all (let alone first!) about comets or their tails

13 April 2018: A lie that a Don Scott quote is about comets or their tails
That quote is from Scott's deluded Birkeland current paper.
Figure 9 on the same page as the quote illustrates the obvious deluded nature of the paper. This is an image of the North Pole of Saturn, i.e. the storms inside Saturn's not-a-plasma atmosphere !

Followed by his "The M2-9 Hourglass planetary nebula in Figure 10" is an z-pinch delusion. Known Unknowns
Quote:
But this is one of those cases where there is a clear prediction from the EU model. That is, the flow of plasma is through the pinch. This means if you look at the Doppler shift of light coming from the nebula you should clearly see that the material flows in on one side and out on the other. The standard red giant model makes a very different prediction. It says the Doppler measurements should show material flowing out from the center on both sides. It turns out we’ve made Doppler observations of M2-9, and sure enough it agrees with the standard red giant model.

Figure 7 is the hexagonal storm inside the atmosphere at Saturn's north pole insanely compared to a cross-section of supposedly a "dense plasma focus Birkeland Current" from a crank paper (A.L.Peratt, from Characteristics of a High-Current, Z-Pinch Aurora As Recorded in Antiquity, Part II Directionality and Source by Peratt, Directionality and Source. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Sci., August 2007).
I have emphasized the insanity.

Donald Scott lies about the Peratt paper. That image is "Fig. 59. Penumbra of a DPF from a discharge current of 174 kA. The rotational structure has a periodicity of 56 as shown by the 56-dot overlay pattern." as described in the Dense Plasma Focus section which does not mention any Birkeland currents!

Last edited by Reality Check; 12th April 2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12th April 2018, 04:44 PM   #2116
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Quote:
as detailed first by Don Scott.
In which case it's bound to be wrong, as Scott is clueless.

Old 12th April 2018, 06:03 PM   #2117
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Ziggurat notes pathetic and wrong appeals to outdated authority as if Benjamin Franklin knew what we know about the Sun and space today!
Hell, Ben Franklin didn't even know that much about electricity. Not that his contemporaries did either, so no blame there, but still.
Old 12th April 2018, 09:51 PM   #2118
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Oh yes, I personally don't buy any of the electric universe stuff either, as it requires reality to be different than observed, but the EU crowd could at the same time prove everyone wrong AND solve the worlds energy crisis is they can tap the massive electrical fields they claim exist.

So, Sol88, does the Safire project require man-made electricity or not? Because if it does, it's just a glorified glow bulb.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th April 2018, 12:11 AM   #2119
Sol88
Illuminator

Quote:
Other interesting observations concern electrically charged nanograins in the inner coma, indicating a possible connection between dust at the surface of the nucleus and the comet’s plasma environment [53].
Reckon he'd be on the money, they are part of the current system that operates at a comet, including interacting with the cometary double layers!

Last edited by Sol88; 13th April 2018 at 12:14 AM.
Old 13th April 2018, 12:14 AM   #2120
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Reckon he'd be on the money, they are part of the current system that operates at a comet.
a) there was no DL at Halley, and b) who is 'he'? The quote is unattributed, and could have been said by your next door neighbour, for all I know.

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology