ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , J. Leroy Hulsey , wtc 7

Reply
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:39 AM   #2561
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Since I had not been in a very long while I decided to peruse the AE911T website today.

Professional petition is up to a staggering 3,119. Very exciting.

They marked the anniversary of the "demolition" of the Plasco Building. No word on the Sao Paulo collapse though.

The Lawyers Committee gave the U.S. Attorney a list of names of people who may know something about 9/11 to go along with the previous filing. Surely big news there.

Nothing new about Hulsey though. In fact, just looking at the home page you would not even be aware the Hulsey study was a thing. Biggest, most expensive (I suspect) undertaking they have done but not even mentioned on the home page.
Obviously a rush to sing the petition.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:29 AM   #2562
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Obviously a rush to sing the petition.
Oystein indicated that in May of 2018 they reached the 3,000 signature mark, then lost one. So in the 10 months or so since they have accumulated a yuge 120 additional signatures. It's a wave of support! Woohoo
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.

Last edited by Mark F; 22nd March 2019 at 12:17 PM.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2019, 03:28 PM   #2563
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,866
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Oystein indicated that in May of 2018 they reached the 3,000 signature mark, then lost one. So in the 10 months or so since they have accumulated a yuge 120 additional signatures. It's a wave of support! Woohoo
In addition, they added about 700 signatures in the "Members of the Public" part of the "Petition". In total, they now have almost 26,000 signatories. After almost 12 years!

The Truth Movement has variously claimed to have "millions" on their side, and on several occasions, leading Truthers have voiced an expectation, or a hope, that some petition, or group, would reach and exceed 1 million. I have several example, e.g. from AE911Truth themselves (the "ReThink911" campaign, their former board member Wayne Coste, from David Cole, who is a leading member of the "Lawyers' Committee for 9/11 Inquiry".

Ae911T is short of a million by a factor of almost 40.
In each of the last 3 years, they added under 1,000 signatures.
There is no upward trend, there is a downward trend.
They will not get 1 million signatures even in a thousand years the way they are going!
And a million really is not that much! 1,457,218 Americans voted for Jill Stein of the Green party in the 2016 presidential elections, that was just over 1% of valid ballots.

I am glad Truthers do petitions and social media groups so much: They present the evidence all the time that their "movement" is tiny in numbers, insignificant in reach and importance, and lacking actual movement.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2019, 03:29 PM   #2564
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I am glad Truthers do petitions and social media groups so much: They present the evidence all the time that their "movement" is tiny in numbers, insignificant in reach and importance, and lacking actual movement.
And lacking in actual truth.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2019, 01:36 AM   #2565
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,224
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Obviously a rush to sing the petition.
Divas for 9/11 Truth?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 08:21 AM   #2566
MileHighMadness
Muse
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just Southeast of Hell
Posts: 686
End of March...has anyone seen the report?
__________________
“I don’t look forward to heaven, it sounds as boring as hell.” Lord Postsettle
MileHighMadness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 09:50 AM   #2567
Wolrab
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,662
I received my copy. It came in a 400 page, double ply roll. For security purposes you need to expose it to stercobilin for it to be read.
__________________
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 03:34 PM   #2568
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,866
Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
I received my copy. It came in a 400 page, double ply roll. For security purposes you need to expose it to stercobilin for it to be read.
You have the gall to drop such bile trollery!?
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 04:12 PM   #2569
Whip
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,473
Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
End of March...has anyone seen the report?
I expect they'll announce they have it as an April fools joke tomorrow
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 05:40 AM   #2570
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
ts April fools Day and no report or excuse.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 08:16 AM   #2571
benthamitemetric
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 566
So do we start a monthly counter as with the fraud of Mark Basile and "Ziggi Zugam"? If so, when do we start it from? The original promised completion date was in 2017, wasn't it?
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 08:23 AM   #2572
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
So do we start a monthly counter as with the fraud of Mark Basile and "Ziggi Zugam"? If so, when do we start it from? The original promised completion date was in 2017, wasn't it?
Um, what difference does it make? There is no proof of any BS contained in any report concerning a conspiracy. Planes were hijacked and flown into buildings, simple facts. Let science(fire and gravity) do the rest of the damage.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 08:26 AM   #2573
Gamolon
Master Poster
 
Gamolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,363
Looks like Hulsey was supposed to speak about his research into the 9/11 attacks on March 20th from 12:00 to 1:00 at the Fairbanks branch of the ASCE’s monthly meeting.

I get a “Page not Found” error when I go to the Googled link.
http://branches.asce.org/fairbanks/dr-hulsey-wtc7

The cached version of the link above shows the actual event date and time.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Anyone have any details on this? Did he actually speak that day?

Last edited by Gamolon; 1st April 2019 at 08:28 AM.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 10:56 AM   #2574
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,603
Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
Looks like Hulsey was supposed to speak about his research into the 9/11 attacks on March 20th from 12:00 to 1:00 at the Fairbanks branch of the ASCE’s monthly meeting.

I get a “Page not Found” error when I go to the Googled link.
http://branches.asce.org/fairbanks/dr-hulsey-wtc7

The cached version of the link above shows the actual event date and time.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Anyone have any details on this? Did he actually speak that day?
Good find.

This page: http://branches.asce.org/fairbanks/events?mini=2019-03 (archived copy) only lists one event for that day, and it doesn't include Hulsey. So my guess is no. I wonder if ASCE noticed it was conspiracy crap and retired it.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 11:52 AM   #2575
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,866
Email the Fairbanks ASCE chapter, why don't you?
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 01:12 PM   #2576
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,722
Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
Looks like ...............
Delete......
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 1st April 2019 at 01:15 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:00 AM   #2577
benthamitemetric
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 566
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Um, what difference does it make? There is no proof of any BS contained in any report concerning a conspiracy. Planes were hijacked and flown into buildings, simple facts. Let science(fire and gravity) do the rest of the damage.
It does matter that they have flagrantly and repeatedly broken their promises to the public and their donors and abandoned transparency with respect to this project. AE911Truth is still raising tens of thousands of dollars a year based on broken promises related to this project and some similarly dubious legal stunts. It's worth pointing our their long history of broken promises for the record, lest they be allowed to simply rewrite that history with revisions to their websites (as they have already attempted to do with this project).

It also matters that what they've released so far with respect to the substance of this project has been riddled with fundamental errors.

Both things can matter.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 2nd April 2019 at 12:43 PM.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:26 PM   #2578
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
It does matter that they have flagrantly and repeatedly broken their promises to the public and their donors and abandoned transparency with respect to this project. AE911Truth is still raising tens of thousands of dollars a year based on broken promises related to this project and some similarly dubious legal stunts. It's worth pointing our their long history of broken promises for the record, lest they be allowed to simply rewrite that history with revisions to their websites (as they have already attempted to due with this project).

It also matters that what they've released so far with respect to the substance of this project has been riddled with fundamental errors.

Both things can matter.
My point was why continue posting # months. Do you believe that the contributors all mass here to watch the report being ridiculed as to factual scientific information.
I'm not arguing that the report is flawed nor have the contributors been fleeced and lied to.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:41 PM   #2579
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
It does matter that they have flagrantly and repeatedly broken their promises to the public and their donors and abandoned transparency with respect to this project. AE911Truth is still raising tens of thousands of dollars a year based on broken promises related to this project and some similarly dubious legal stunts. It's worth pointing our their long history of broken promises for the record, lest they be allowed to simply rewrite that history with revisions to their websites (as they have already attempted to due with this project).

It also matters that what they've released so far with respect to the substance of this project has been riddled with fundamental errors.

Both things can matter.
How many times have we heard Truthers bang on about "why it took 7 years for the NIST to come up with a report on Building 7?"

Obviously the Truthers think sticking to a schedule, a rapid timeline, is important. So should we. When something is promised and not delivered again and again that should raise an eyebrow. Curious why none of them seem bothered by the repeated delays in the Hulsey study. Most I encounter actually seem completely unaware of the delays.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2019, 03:20 AM   #2580
Gamolon
Master Poster
 
Gamolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,363
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Email the Fairbanks ASCE chapter, why don't you?
I did.

Hulsey will now present on May 15th.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2019, 11:15 AM   #2581
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,603
Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
I did.

Hulsey will now present on May 15th.
It's now listed on the events page.

http://branches.asce.org/fairbanks/events?mini=2019-05
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2019, 01:45 PM   #2582
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
.....Hulsey will now present on May 15th.
I'll make a couple of predictions:
1) He is talking to his local group...they will go easy on him.

2) The debate will focus on engineering details - quite likely with some differences of opinion expressed.

BUT

3)No one** will challenge the fundamental error of foundation logic on which his claim "Fire could not cause the WTC7 collapse" is built.


** And if a lone rebel or two dare to raise that fatal issue - they will be ignored.

Last edited by ozeco41; 3rd April 2019 at 02:20 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2019, 04:11 PM   #2583
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,866
Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
I did.

Hulsey will now present on May 15th.
I did, too. They told me Hulsey "was injured (has since fully recovered)".
Perhaps the nature of his injuries also prevented him from finishing the Draft Report by mid-March...

ETA: I quote the reschedule as per the email I received from the Fairbanks ASCE branch:
Originally Posted by ASCE Fairbanks
May 15- Dr. Hulsey will present on 9-11 WTC findings.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)

Last edited by Oystein; 3rd April 2019 at 04:19 PM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2019, 04:37 PM   #2584
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,722
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
...No one will challenge the fundamental error of foundation logic on which his claim "Fire could not cause the WTC7 collapse" is built.

I doubt he will even broach this at this venue. I predict he talks about the modeling and perhaps the real papers his grad students are rumored to be producing.

We'll see............
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2019, 04:46 PM   #2585
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,866
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I doubt he will even broach this at this venue. I predict he talks about the modeling and perhaps the real papers his grad students are rumored to be producing.

We'll see............
Do a Google Scholar search on Leroy Hulsey and Feng Xian: They have been quite productive together in 2018 and already in 2019 - just nothing on WTC, all on bridges and arctic conditions. Xian left UAF in 2017 for Jackson University, and in the meantime has returned to China. The other assistant, Zhili Quan, has not left any traces on Scholar, or anywhere anything that I can find. Seeing that Hulsey's project budget ended in April 2018, I doubt Hulsey still has an assistant at hand as resource for that project.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:06 PM   #2586
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I doubt he will even broach this at this venue. I predict he talks about the modeling and perhaps the real papers his grad students are rumored to be producing.
Fully agreed. I just wanted to put the prediction on the record. It's an ongoing interest of mine - how left brain biased engineers so easily lose the plot as per the quote in your sig. (The "forests v trees" aspect AKA getting lost in details and losing the plot.) T Sz hasn't changed that main plank of his strategy since 2007 to my knowledge - whether he tried it in earlier years I dont know. The second aspect which follows is "Is Hulsey deliberately following T Sz's tactic to give Gage the dragged out appearance of ongoing debate?" I actually doubt that either of them are strategically clever enough to do it deliberately. (I mean T Sz and Hulsey. Gage himself is IMO certainly clear as to his strategy.)

So - whether deliberate intent or not - the situation certainly meets Gage's gaol - the goal of "...conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution"

Meanwhile as the Hulsey scam fades into obscurity Gage and AE911 are tag teaming with the Lawyer's Committee as their next stage of "a lot of talk going nowhere".

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
We'll see............
We sure will....sooner or later

Last edited by ozeco41; 3rd April 2019 at 09:10 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 03:47 AM   #2587
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,064
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Fully agreed. I just wanted to put the prediction on the record. It's an ongoing interest of mine - how left brain biased engineers so easily lose the plot as per the quote in your sig. (The "forests v trees" aspect AKA getting lost in details and losing the plot.) T Sz hasn't changed that main plank of his strategy since 2007 to my knowledge - whether he tried it in earlier years I dont know. The second aspect which follows is "Is Hulsey deliberately following T Sz's tactic to give Gage the dragged out appearance of ongoing debate?" I actually doubt that either of them are strategically clever enough to do it deliberately. (I mean T Sz and Hulsey. Gage himself is IMO certainly clear as to his strategy.)

So - whether deliberate intent or not - the situation certainly meets Gage's gaol - the goal of "...conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution"

Meanwhile as the Hulsey scam fades into obscurity Gage and AE911 are tag teaming with the Lawyer's Committee as their next stage of "a lot of talk going nowhere".

We sure will....sooner or later
Back in Fall 09 I met Gage and Tony Sz at a NYC truther event when I was curious to learn how the collapses of the 3 buildings unfolded. I believe at the time AE911T was calling for more or a new investigation to determine this... at least that was my presumption. Let's get the details.... the "truth" of how the buildings came down. This did not seem unreasonable.

Gage asked me to help his group which I had no idea what they actually DID... I again presumed they were conducting "building performance studies"... drilling into the structural details and so on. What I learned very shortly as I listened in on his weekly "strategy" calls... that the group had very few professionals in doing anything even remotely resembling a building performance study. They were passionate amateurs who were part of their modus operandi - marketing their group to garner signatures and donations to sustain the group's ability to sustain itself. I did try to get Gage to enlist some of the licensed engineers and architects to do the building performance studies. He flatly turned this down. He did complained that they didn't have the structural drawings, details, and construction logs. He also was supporting CD as the cause of the collapse and at the time claiming nano thermite was the clue. After a few months of association with AE911T even being a board member for a few months I left completely frustrated by Gage and their dumb. They were a marketing operation promoting conspiracy anti official narrative explanations. If the US gov or the MSM said it... it was evidence of deceit on the face. AE911T and the rest of the so called "truth" movement had no interest in truth only conspiracy explanations which diverged from any all all things official presented. If the media and authorities stated planes were hijacked.. truthers would claim this was a lie. If the investigation stated their was no evidence of explosives they would come up with all manner of CD devices including mini nukes and directed energy weapons. If the official position was white.., truthers would be black. There was never any evidence to support these claims. Their main pitch was to sow doubt in people who had none to limited technical backgrounds about the official account. This turned out to not be very difficult. Many people remained duped by their nonsense and it makes perfect sense to these naive people.

You can bring a horse to water but you cant make her think. And this is why the truth movement will continue on... there is no shortage of dumb out there.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 04:24 AM   #2588
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Back in Fall 09 I met Gage and Tony Sz at a NYC truther event when I was curious to learn how the collapses of the 3 buildings unfolded. I believe at the time AE911T was calling for more or a new investigation to determine this... at least that was my presumption. Let's get the details.... the "truth" of how the buildings came down. This did not seem unreasonable.

Gage asked me to help his group which I had no idea what they actually DID... I again presumed they were conducting "building performance studies"... drilling into the structural details and so on. What I learned very shortly as I listened in on his weekly "strategy" calls... that the group had very few professionals in doing anything even remotely resembling a building performance study. They were passionate amateurs who were part of their modus operandi - marketing their group to garner signatures and donations to sustain the group's ability to sustain itself. I did try to get Gage to enlist some of the licensed engineers and architects to do the building performance studies. He flatly turned this down. He did complained that they didn't have the structural drawings, details, and construction logs. He also was supporting CD as the cause of the collapse and at the time claiming nano thermite was the clue. After a few months of association with AE911T even being a board member for a few months I left completely frustrated by Gage and their dumb. They were a marketing operation promoting conspiracy anti official narrative explanations. If the US gov or the MSM said it... it was evidence of deceit on the face. AE911T and the rest of the so called "truth" movement had no interest in truth only conspiracy explanations which diverged from any all all things official presented. If the media and authorities stated planes were hijacked.. truthers would claim this was a lie. If the investigation stated their was no evidence of explosives they would come up with all manner of CD devices including mini nukes and directed energy weapons. If the official position was white.., truthers would be black. There was never any evidence to support these claims. Their main pitch was to sow doubt in people who had none to limited technical backgrounds about the official account. This turned out to not be very difficult. Many people remained duped by their nonsense and it makes perfect sense to these naive people.

You can bring a horse to water but you cant make her think. And this is why the truth movement will continue on... there is no shortage of dumb out there.
It is refreshing to "see" an inside look to the organization. Having marketing as a principle goal instead of studying he issue is telling to me. Gage may know the real answer but to keep the cash coming in he would rather lie and continue to herd the sheep, reap the rewards.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 01:44 AM   #2589
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,064
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
It is refreshing to "see" an inside look to the organization. Having marketing as a principle goal instead of studying he issue is telling to me. Gage may know the real answer but to keep the cash coming in he would rather lie and continue to herd the sheep, reap the rewards.
Gage may be actually a case of someone who saw or read something which sowed doubt in his own mind. He may not have been smart enough or have access to information which would explain away his doubts. Everyone knows that gov and corps and media spin. PR (deception) is very real. So he may have reasoned we are being spun like a top. His doubt may not have devolved to the cynical position he later espoused as head of his own anti establishment PR operation. And it's possible that his idea of getting building professionals together to "figure out" how the buildings fell did not necessarily mean he was a conspiracy nut. However his tack attracted people who already were sailing in conspiracy waters and they became a self reinforcing echo chamber not after the so call truth about the collapses... but about what they perceived as official lies and deception. The official PR was characterized as PR on overdrive and intentional because it covered up the inconvenient truth. Crooks have alibis. The PR was a alibi and not the truth. Gage would represent the real truth seeker. Good pitch but there was no there there. He soon discovered he could make AE911T a decent paying job... and the original goal gave way to simply getting more people to financially support his effort... to get more people to financially support his effort. The sell was the rubbish about doubt and deception and their junk science which the anti establishment dupes couldn't care less about and were not interested in "fact checking" or verification. They bought the swill from Gage's "technical" experts such as Jones, and Harit and Tony Sz, Gordon Ross et al... All thrilled to be a big shot in a small crazy universe of alt reality called conspiracies.

The world's a big place and the truth movement will continue to rope in suckers, naive, lazy thinkers and those with an ax to grind with the establishment. The original followers may fade because the movement can't come up with smoking gun evidence but there are always new ones coming along to replace them. For Gage it is mission critical to keep the fiction going or else he's out of a cushy job.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 05:39 AM   #2590
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Gage may be actually a case of someone who saw or read something which sowed doubt in his own mind. He may not have been smart enough or have access to information which would explain away his doubts. Everyone knows that gov and corps and media spin. PR (deception) is very real. So he may have reasoned we are being spun like a top. His doubt may not have devolved to the cynical position he later espoused as head of his own anti establishment PR operation. And it's possible that his idea of getting building professionals together to "figure out" how the buildings fell did not necessarily mean he was a conspiracy nut. However his tack attracted people who already were sailing in conspiracy waters and they became a self reinforcing echo chamber not after the so call truth about the collapses... but about what they perceived as official lies and deception. The official PR was characterized as PR on overdrive and intentional because it covered up the inconvenient truth. Crooks have alibis. The PR was a alibi and not the truth. Gage would represent the real truth seeker. Good pitch but there was no there there. He soon discovered he could make AE911T a decent paying job... and the original goal gave way to simply getting more people to financially support his effort... to get more people to financially support his effort. The sell was the rubbish about doubt and deception and their junk science which the anti establishment dupes couldn't care less about and were not interested in "fact checking" or verification. They bought the swill from Gage's "technical" experts such as Jones, and Harit and Tony Sz, Gordon Ross et al... All thrilled to be a big shot in a small crazy universe of alt reality called conspiracies.

The world's a big place and the truth movement will continue to rope in suckers, naive, lazy thinkers and those with an ax to grind with the establishment. The original followers may fade because the movement can't come up with smoking gun evidence but there are always new ones coming along to replace them. For Gage it is mission critical to keep the fiction going or else he's out of a cushy job.
Originally he may have been honestly mistaken, but to continue on intentionally lying is not honorable. Wait does the society need an honorable individual doing his job?

Thanks for the continue input to to origins of the "Truthers".
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 07:08 AM   #2591
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,064
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Originally he may have been honestly mistaken, but to continue on intentionally lying is not honorable. Wait does the society need an honorable individual doing his job?

Thanks for the continue input to to origins of the "Truthers".
I am by no means justifying what Gage has done and is doing. If he doesn't know that he is peddling rubbish and bilking people out of their money... he is a willfully dumb. If he knows what he is doing he is a con artist. It is not credible to believe that he is not aware of all the research that shows that there was no CD or inside job. And I don't know what he believed when he started AE911T. All I said is that having questions and wanting answers is not being a conspiracy advocate con man that he presently is.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 07:44 AM   #2592
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
I am by no means justifying what Gage has done and is doing. If he doesn't know that he is peddling rubbish and bilking people out of their money... he is a willfully dumb. If he knows what he is doing he is a con artist. It is not credible to believe that he is not aware of all the research that shows that there was no CD or inside job. And I don't know what he believed when he started AE911T. All I said is that having questions and wanting answers is not being a conspiracy advocate con man that he presently is.
Fair enough.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 06:35 PM   #2593
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Gage may be actually a case of someone who saw or read something which sowed doubt in his own mind. He may not have been smart enough or have access to information which would explain away his doubts. Everyone knows that gov and corps and media spin. PR (deception) is very real. So he may have reasoned we are being spun like a top. His doubt may not have devolved to the cynical position he later espoused as head of his own anti establishment PR operation. And it's possible that his idea of getting building professionals together to "figure out" how the buildings fell did not necessarily mean he was a conspiracy nut. However his tack attracted people who already were sailing in conspiracy waters and they became a self reinforcing echo chamber not after the so call truth about the collapses... but about what they perceived as official lies and deception. The official PR was characterized as PR on overdrive and intentional because it covered up the inconvenient truth. Crooks have alibis. The PR was a alibi and not the truth. Gage would represent the real truth seeker. Good pitch but there was no there there. He soon discovered he could make AE911T a decent paying job... and the original goal gave way to simply getting more people to financially support his effort... to get more people to financially support his effort. The sell was the rubbish about doubt and deception and their junk science which the anti establishment dupes couldn't care less about and were not interested in "fact checking" or verification. They bought the swill from Gage's "technical" experts such as Jones, and Harit and Tony Sz, Gordon Ross et al... All thrilled to be a big shot in a small crazy universe of alt reality called conspiracies.

The world's a big place and the truth movement will continue to rope in suckers, naive, lazy thinkers and those with an ax to grind with the establishment. The original followers may fade because the movement can't come up with smoking gun evidence but there are always new ones coming along to replace them. For Gage it is mission critical to keep the fiction going or else he's out of a cushy job.

Well said Sander.

There can be no doubt that Gage is "professionally dishonest" - which is easier to prove than "liar". It is generally accepted practice that any professional who speaks in his professional capacity espousing a minority view to identify that he disagrees with prevailing wisdom. To make clear that he is in the minority. So - every time he identifies as "AIA" - he should say "I'm in disagreement with the majority of my profession...." or words to same effect.

Last edited by ozeco41; 5th April 2019 at 06:39 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2019, 10:46 AM   #2594
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post

Well said Sander.

There can be no doubt that Gage is "professionally dishonest" - which is easier to prove than "liar". It is generally accepted practice that any professional who speaks in his professional capacity espousing a minority view to identify that he disagrees with prevailing wisdom. To make clear that he is in the minority. So - every time he identifies as "AIA" - he should say "I'm in disagreement with the majority of my profession...." or words to same effect.
IIRC the premise for his position was that no high rise steel frame building had ever collapsed due to fire alone. This as time has shown has been proven to be incorrect. Should he continue in his past rhetoric, then indeed he is both professionally dishonest and a liar.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2019, 02:36 PM   #2595
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
IIRC the premise for his position was that no high rise steel frame building had ever collapsed due to fire alone. This as time has shown has been proven to be incorrect. Should he continue in his past rhetoric, then indeed he is both professionally dishonest and a liar.
You could well be correct on that ONE specific point however:
Recall what I actually claimed 'There can be no doubt that Gage is "professionally dishonest"....' and I explained why I made the claim.

He may have made assertions about specific issues of fact which were lies - i.e. the assertion untrue; he knew it to be untrue and he intended to mislead by uttering the untruth. I doubt that is so for every false claim he makes. Remember that "genuine belief" that something it true is a defence against accusations of lying.

I prefer to be rigorous in argument. Especially in the face of the IMO far too common debunker practice of making unsupportable global claims. Any statement that leads with "All truthers are..." is almost certainly a false generalisation. Why sink to the level of truther false argument and illogic??
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2019, 08:25 AM   #2596
Gamolon
Master Poster
 
Gamolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,363
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I did, too. They told me Hulsey "was injured (has since fully recovered)".
Perhaps the nature of his injuries also prevented him from finishing the Draft Report by mid-March...

ETA: I quote the reschedule as per the email I received from the Fairbanks ASCE branch:
Does anyone know if they made it to the ASCE conference in Orlando on April 25th? They were trying to raise $6000 for the vacati... errr... trip.

https://www.ae911truth.org/news/522-...ual-conference
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2019, 04:40 PM   #2597
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,866
Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
Does anyone know if they made it to the ASCE conference in Orlando on April 25th? They were trying to raise $6000 for the vacati... errr... trip.

https://www.ae911truth.org/news/522-...ual-conference
People are asking at AE's Facebook page, too. No response yet, afaics.
But that trip has nothing to do with Hulsey, or has it? Hulsey has not released a draft...


I'll note with idle glee:

According to http://www.wtc7evaluation.org/
Originally Posted by AE911T
WTC 7 Evaluation is a two-year study by Dr. J Leroy Hulsey
According to the UAF Institute of Northern Engineering,
Quote:
Project Dates
May 1, 2015 - April 30, 2018
It's May 1, 2019 today (May 2 in Europe already, actually)

This "two-year study" is now in its fifth year
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2019, 04:49 PM   #2598
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
...This "two-year study" is now in its fifth year
Which meets Gage's main goal of dragging out the appearance of activity without actually achieving anything for genuine 9/11 truth.

And this Hulsey UAF scam project is now being allowed to fade away as attention is given to the 'Lawyers' Initiatives'.

Which can have centre stage for let's say the next couple of years.

Accompanied by occasional "side shows" such as pamphletting legitimate Engineering and Architectural conferences.

All very predictable.

Last edited by ozeco41; 1st May 2019 at 05:02 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:01 AM   #2599
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,135
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
People are asking at AE's Facebook page, too. No response yet, afaics.
But that trip has nothing to do with Hulsey, or has it? Hulsey has not released a draft...


I'll note with idle glee:

According to http://www.wtc7evaluation.org/


According to the UAF Institute of Northern Engineering,


It's May 1, 2019 today (May 2 in Europe already, actually)

This "two-year study" is now in its fifth year
Small nitpick the dates you listed for the two year study was 1 May 15-30 Apr 2018. Now assuming you didn't make a fat finger entry the report is at best one year late. I know that the starting date of 2015 means the report has been ongoing for 2015-2019, but it is only one year late.---Never mind I shouldn't have even thought about it this morning.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:19 AM   #2600
Gamolon
Master Poster
 
Gamolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,363
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
People are asking at AE's Facebook page, too. No response yet, afaics.
But that trip has nothing to do with Hulsey, or has it? Hulsey has not released a draft...
Well here's what I'm wondering about.

Hulsey is scheduled to make an appearance at the Fairbanks branch of the ASCE to discuss his "9/11 findings" on May 15th and I haven't seen anything as of yet from Gage and his group regarding it. It is two weeks out though.

Wouldn't this be a big deal for all of them? Bigger than going to Orlando last week where they asked for $6000 in donations to make the trip there?
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.