IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump supporters

Closed Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 07:44 AM   #3761
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Double Secret Suspension

- Dean Darat, probably.

(Does Animal House even resonate with those outside of the US? Probably the wrong thread for that discussion.)
With the over-50s, yeah, sure.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 07:46 AM   #3762
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I literally hope that if half the people on this board are ever bitten by a King Cobra they die a slow and agonizing death because they came into the emergency screaming about being bitten by a poisonous snake and the ER team lets them die while arguing about poisonous vs venomous.
Old 7th January 2021, 07:50 AM   #3763
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
She was probably shot by Secret Service protecting Mike Pence, which is ironic for her.

I think we file this one under: "Play stupid games; win stupid prizes"

There's an acronym I saw on Facebook not long ago, "FAAFO". "**** Around And Find Out".

As in, "Oh, the Secret Service would never shoot little old me, would they?" "FAAFO, ************!"
Old 7th January 2021, 07:54 AM   #3764
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Tom Cotton starting the 2024 primary against Cruz and Hawley on Fox & Friends: "You have some senators who, for political advantage, were giving false hope to their supporters. These senators, as insurrectionists literally stormed the capitol, were sending out fundraising emails."

https://youtu.be/DglIUozV1YQ?t=280
Old 7th January 2021, 07:58 AM   #3765
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Sarah Palin summarizes how the Trump cult is digesting yesterday's events.

Originally Posted by Palin
We don’t know who all were the instigators in these horrible things that happened today, I think a lot of it is the antifa folks.
Palin, who boldly paved the way for the imbeciles of the world, provided evidence--- people sent her pictures.
Old 7th January 2021, 08:02 AM   #3766
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I literally hope that if half the people on this board are ever bitten by a King Cobra they die a slow and agonizing death because they came into the emergency screaming about being bitten by a poisonous snake and the ER team lets them die while arguing about poisonous vs venomous.
In real life they're more often called ED for "Emergency Department" than ER for "Emergency Room", so a truly pedantic hospital staff would turn you away at the door saying they don't have an ER.
Old 7th January 2021, 08:02 AM   #3767
Olmstead
Graduate Poster

Trump: Storm the Capitol to stop the steal!

(people storm the Capitol)

Idiots: Yeah, it was probably AntiFa.
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2021, 08:06 AM   #3768
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
That wasn't panic fire. A single shot, that hit the target, and they stopped shooting when the threat clearly abated. This is exactly what a police shooting should look like. A clear threat dealt with in the most disciplined manner possible.

If all US cops were as calm and measured as this guy, the US would be in a far better place right now.

I do appreciate the measured-ness of the single shot (or small number of shots, can't tell for sure) rather than the city cop style "everyone empties their magazines in the general direction." I don't think anyone trains to target the neck, though. In a chaotic scene with a difficult shooting angle past the door, the guard might have intended a warning shot, a center mass shot, or anything in between.
Old 7th January 2021, 08:20 AM   #3769
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
He's attempting to wrest power in almost the exact way that a toddler attempts to arrest power when it decides to hold its breath until it gets its way. The people panicking about a coup are essentially 1) petrified with worry that the kid will actually get its way by holding its breath and 2) yelling at the parents because they looked at the kid and said "okay, you go ahead and hold your breath for as long as you can, I know, it's so unfair!" and 3) berating everyone in the kid's family including distant cousins for not beating the kid black and blue in response to it holding its breath.
On Nov 3, I was embarrassed on your behalf for this stunningly asinine post. On Jan 7...
Old 7th January 2021, 09:33 AM   #3770
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod InfoContinuation thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=348820
Posted By:Darat
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics