IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Florida politics , Matt Gaetz , newsmax

Old 9th April 2021, 09:09 PM   #401
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
I'd say you'd have to be, at least, a Senator to get away with something like this. Even then, the underage **** is a bit much.

Gaetz, I think, is doomed. This is pretty bad.

“The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.”
— former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2021, 09:23 PM   #402
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
“The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.”
— former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards
Didn't he go to prison?
Old 9th April 2021, 11:21 PM   #403
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
It's possible Gaetz didn't specify his own wrongdoing when he advocated pardons for GOP crimes, just as he didn't specify his own wrongdoing when he voted against the anti-trafficking bill.
Don’t USA politicians have to “declare an interest”?
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2021, 06:04 AM   #404
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. The GOP shunning him for a little technically-underage jailbait is entirely out of character. This is the party that knowingly rallies around pedophiles and rapists, he should be in good company. I'd expect them to clap this creep on the back and say whaddaguy! But they aren't. So what else is going to get uncovered here?
He knows where all the slutty pictures THEY took are kept, what their nasty little secrets are. They are scared he will be a stool pigeon.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2021, 07:38 AM   #405
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Didn't he go to prison?
Indeed.

Don't remember which comedian said it:

Quote:
Gaetz wants this investigation to wrap up quickly. He doesn't want to miss prom.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2021, 04:59 PM   #406
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Rep. Matt Gaetz tweets

@RepMattGaetz
I won't be intimidated by the lying media.
I won't be extorted by a former DOJ official and the crooks he is working with.
The truth will prevail.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2021, 06:08 PM   #407
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Rep. Matt Gaetz tweets

@RepMattGaetz
I won't be intimidated by the lying media.
I won't be extorted by a former DOJ official and the crooks he is working with.
The truth will prevail.
I'm sure it will. We're counting on it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2021, 06:12 PM   #408
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Indeed.

Gaetz wants this investigation to wrap up quickly. He doesn't want to miss prom.

Classic!! Bart Got a Room
Old 10th April 2021, 07:59 PM   #409
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
They'd have done better putting the billboard on I98, going east to west along the Gulf Coast. If you go north on 85 where it is, you're getting into swamp people territory. The population north of Ft Walton Beach would see that as an opportunity for social mobility.

OK I heard an interesting take on this from progressive political commentator, Farron Cousins, who actually lives in the region (Pensacola IIRC).

Crestview is apparently an area dominated by "values voters", i.e. American social conservatives. Of all the different groups of Republican voters, those are the ones most likely to be disgusted by Gaetz's behaviour... so it might have been tactically a good choice to put the billboard there.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th April 2021 at 08:00 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2021, 08:57 PM   #410
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
OK I heard an interesting take on this from progressive political commentator, Farron Cousins, who actually lives in the region (Pensacola IIRC).

Crestview is apparently an area dominated by "values voters", i.e. American social conservatives. Of all the different groups of Republican voters, those are the ones most likely to be disgusted by Gaetz's behaviour... so it might have been tactically a good choice to put the billboard there.
Meh! Did they vote for Trump? I don’t trust Republican “values voters”, you know those Republicans with their firm principles.... I think it’s a myth.
Old 10th April 2021, 09:17 PM   #411
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Meh! Did they vote for Trump? I don’t trust Republican “values voters”, you know those Republicans with their firm principles.... I think it’s a myth.
I don't know, but I can't think of a better place they could have put it... can you

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2021, 10:32 PM   #412
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
. Still, it certainly wouldn't be out of character for Gaetz to try something like that.
Hell, it wouldn’t be out of character to pay the shill through an App and include a little note detailing the crime.
Old 11th April 2021, 07:40 PM   #413
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

More trouble. Gaetz can't get a meeting with Trump. Trump isn't shy about being seen with a creep like Epstein. It speaks volumes that being seen with Gaetz might be worse.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/11/polit...ing/index.html

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2021, 08:11 PM   #414
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
More trouble. Gaetz can't get a meeting with Trump. Trump isn't shy about being seen with a creep like Epstein. It speaks volumes that being seen with Gaetz might be worse.

Ranb
I guess Gaetz is finding out who his true friends are. If he has any friends.
Old 11th April 2021, 09:14 PM   #415
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
I think the only ones who will have him are the other traffickers. Trump doesn't have any friends either I think. He has chumps he can cheat out of stuff and co-conspirators.
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2021, 10:08 PM   #416
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, his supporters are down to a guy with his own sex scandal and someone who thinks you can lift weights to combat COVID-19.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2021, 11:10 PM   #417
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Ranb
Gaetz is finding out that loyalty only goes one way with Trump. Of course, anyone with more than a quarter lb. of ground beef for a brain already knows that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 03:37 AM   #418
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Every one of the MAGA crowd think Trump will never abandon them until he does.
Old 12th April 2021, 03:42 AM   #419
Wballz4900
New Blood

Matt Gaetz always at the high school campaigning
Wballz4900 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 04:13 AM   #420
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wballz4900 View Post
Matt Gaetz always at the high school campaigning
Well I’ve never heard it called campaigning…..
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 04:13 AM   #421
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Every one of the MAGA crowd think Trump will never abandon them until he does.
It really does show their very bad judgement.
Old 12th April 2021, 04:17 AM   #422
Belz...
Fiend God

More trouble. Gaetz can't get a meeting with Trump.
Worst still: Trump is no longer president and can't help him.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 09:34 AM   #423
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Worst still: Trump is no longer president and can't help him.
No worries, he'll be President again any day now!
Old 12th April 2021, 09:34 AM   #424
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
No worries, he'll be President again any day now!
In two weeks, I heard.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 10:13 AM   #425
slyjoe
Illuminator

In two weeks, I heard.
August. I have it on good authority from the pillow guy.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 10:24 AM   #426
Belz...
Fiend God

August. I have it on good authority from the pillow guy.
Yeah but some pastor says April. Whom am I to trust?

Old 12th April 2021, 10:31 AM   #427
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Donald Trump will be President again the exact same day the Democrats finally make him pay for anything he did and vice versa.

He will never be President again, and he will never face any consequences for his action. Those both become more and more inevitable with each passing day.
Old 12th April 2021, 11:24 AM   #428
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Matt Gaetz must have misunderstood when he was told people use Venmo to make minor purchases.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 11:33 AM   #429
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Matt Gaetz must have misunderstood when he was told people use Venmo to make minor purchases.
*Slow clap*
Old 12th April 2021, 01:17 PM   #430
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Indeed.

I don't know if it was original to him, but Michael Cohen said it in an interview on MSNBC:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michae...utal-prom-joke

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 02:23 PM   #431
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Ouch.

Well done.

Old 12th April 2021, 02:28 PM   #432
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Yeah but some pastor says April. Whom am I to trust?

Look, if you can't manage to believe that Trump will become president again both in April and in August, you don't have enough faith to deserve president Trump.
Old 12th April 2021, 02:50 PM   #433
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He has damn few. Apparently most of his fellow GOP congressmen hated his guts.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 02:52 PM   #434
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Donald Trump will be President again the exact same day the Democrats finally make him pay for anything he did and vice versa.

He will never be President again, and he will never face any consequences for his action. Those both become more and more inevitable with each passing day.
I agree Trump will probably not face criminal charges, but private lawsuits are another matter...and he owes a lot of money to a lot of people.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 03:00 PM   #435
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I think the Dems are probably hoping Gaetz stays in the House. He would be a gift the keeps on giving for them..just like Taylor Green.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 13th April 2021, 03:33 AM   #436
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Matt Gaetz is asking for privacy during this trying time while he attempts to hide all the evidence.
Please have some respect.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 04:34 AM   #437
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think the Dems are probably hoping Gaetz stays in the House. He would be a gift the keeps on giving for them..just like Taylor Green.
I would like to receive fewer of these gifts, please.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 05:08 AM   #438
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

When has this inane "Oh this will finally be the crazy person that takes down the GOP!" thing ever came true?
Old 13th April 2021, 05:17 AM   #439
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
I would like to receive fewer of these gifts, please.
Oh my word, I agree!

People thought Trump was a gift! And look what bloody happened.

The same will be true with whatever nutcase the Republicans throw up next!

The idea that "LOL! They got themselves a crazy person. Can't wait to see how that will screw them at the elections!" should have died long ago and had a stake driven into it.

Remember that Matt Gaetz and Taylor Greene and Boebert actually got elected. People like Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham still sit in the Senate. And Trump still almost won a second term and could well come back and win again if the Dems aren't careful.

The very fact that these are elected representatives proves that they are not bloody "gifts".
Old 13th April 2021, 05:33 AM   #440
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Democrats: "Oh lookit at this! I found some rope! Oh I know! I'll give it to the Republicans to hang themselves! It's the perfect plan!"

Me: "Oh wait, remember what happened like the last 10 times you tried that..."

Democrats: "Oh nonsense! It will work this time."

SpongeBob Announcer: "Five... minutes... later."

*One end of the rope is wrapped around the country's neck, the other half around the Democrat's balls, all while the Republicans merrily play jump rope between them*

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 13th April 2021 at 05:35 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics