IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 3 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 23rd July 2006, 08:55 PM   #2761
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere
 
gumboot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 25,327
Originally Posted by tacodaemon View Post
I enjoy believing that Pardalis actually is an adorable kitten in a black ninja hood. I knew the CIA loved recruiting Canadians, but I didn't know they'd gotten to the kittens as well!

Haven't you seen "Cats & Dogs"? The kittens were in on it from the beginning...

-Andrew
__________________

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.


A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2006, 10:15 PM   #2762
JamesB
Master Poster
 
JamesB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,152
Originally Posted by Mutton-Head View Post
OK, does anybody else work for any US intelligence agency, either part-time or full-time?
You can work for an intelligence agency part-time? Is this something I can do evening and weekends for college money? Do they have a health plan?
__________________
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2006, 10:36 PM   #2763
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 10,493
Originally Posted by Mutton-Head
OK, does anybody else work for any US intelligence agency, either part-time or full-time?
I do freelance work for the CIA, not unlike freelance reporters. If they got a job for me, they'll put a chalk slash on a mail-box and I'll pick up my orders on the ferry*. A bit inconvenient as I live in Colorado and the closest one is in Seattle, but a job's a job. Lately, most of my assignments have been to infiltrate the "truth" movement and plant whacky stories, or DISINFO, (note all caps, that's important). I was assigned to the Loose Change forum but clearly there was a snafu (note lowercase, that's a mistake) as it appears that forum is overflowing with CIA free lancers. To be honest, I'm not sure there are any "truthers" left.

Mutton-Head - I once did a PsyOps (note mixed case, unclear why) with a Mutton-Head, that wasn't his name, he just had the brains of a dead lamb, perhaps you trained under him?





*amazingly enough, even though that technique was "outted" in the movie "Enemy of the State", we still use it.
__________________
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:11 PM   #2764
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Regnad Kcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 10,313
Originally Posted by Mutton-Head View Post
Just out of curiosity, do any of you work for any US intelligence agency, either part-time or full-time?
Damn! How did you know?
__________________
My heros are Alex Zanardi and Evelyn Glennie.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:18 PM   #2765
SRW
Master Poster
 
SRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,903
Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
Idiot alert

http://www.colbertnation.com/message...pic.php?p=2388

The Colbert Nation message board :P

EDIT: Got a CTer claiming to be an engineer. I need to bail soon, so can someone rip him a new one?
I don't have an account over there but what a piece of work that guy is:

--------------------------------------------------------
wellhahahahI rather hate to bring up my credentials, but you are rather forcing me to do this. wellhahahah


Naw I bet you lie about yourself all the time, and glad to do it.

wellhahahah
I went to the number 1 physics university in the United States.
wellhahahah

And did they give you the directions to the Mental hospital? apparently not.


/wellhahahah

My physics professors told me that 9/11 was an inside job. Basically, it is an open secret among anyone who knows anything about physics or engineering.
wellhahahah/

And if you get your secret decoder ring we will let you know about it also.

/wellhahahah
There is a basic tenent of psychology called the prisoner's dilemma that states people will not act for the greater good if it involves personal sacrifice.
wellhahahah/

Someone should have clued in the police and firefighters

/wellhahahah
You can read more about the prisoner's dilemma here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma
wellhahahah/

Oh I get it now, I thought you were talking about "real life." Silly me.
and while your there (if you can figure out how to make a link ) you may want to find out what tenent means.

/wellhahahah
Unfortunately, 9/11 truth is still a taboo subject among the ignorant and uneducated.
wellhahahah/

And yet, you continue to talk about it.

/wellhahahah
Please note, I'm not looking down on people who don't know 9/11 truth, I'm just stating that they are uneducated on the subject.
wellhahahah/

Speaking of uneducated were you cleaning toilets at MIT or Stanford?
SRW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:38 PM   #2766
karim
Scholar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
I have a question...

Has anyone ever considered making our own video?

I don't mean a direct rebuttal to LC, I mean our own unique video documentary, in the same style as LC, In Plane Site, et al, but tracking actual events.

There are several reasons for this:

1) Visuals work better than text
2) We can get people to watch it and avoid pointless dialogue

and most important

3) Seems a lot of people don't accept the "official story" because it involves a lot of stuff they don't understand. They lack the skills to understand the specialist reports, and lack the time/patience/commitment to learn to understand them. As such they see much of the official story as "unexplained". Their own "common sense" fills in these blanks - this is the exact behaviour LC is taking advantage of.

I'm talking about a documentary that goes through step by step explaining what is happening, how, etc.

For example, if we take the WTC collapses...

We document at each step, using the same techniques as LC (video footage, websites, news articles, simple 2D/3D animations, Voice-Over) what happened. Example:

1) Plane crashes and related immediate events (severed supports, spread of fire, removal of fire-proofing...)
2) Various evidences of gradual failure and simple explanations/animations of what was causes them - floor trusses sagging, pulling in the building, etc
3) More imminent collapse info (such as report of floor collapses in South Tower via 911 calls)
4) Step-by-step progression of what a pancake collapse involves (explaining "squibs", the dust cloud, simple and effective comparisons "the collapse released as much energy as 10,000 bunker buster bombs" (or whatever...)
5) Demonstration of variations in estimated time of collapse
6) Demonstration of broad field of collapse damage on surrounding buildings

And so forth.

Films about the collapses already exists by "the mainstream media" like for example:

The History Channel – Engineering Disasters: World Trade Center Building 7

BBC Horizon – The Fall of the World Trade Center

Discovery Channel – How the Twin Towers Collapsed

watch these here:
http://www.thedossier.ukonline.co.uk...eptember11.htm


Ofcourse films like these are excluded by default by the CTs.

But if you want an Osama section or something, I'm in


If someone has a good idea of a short, fast and entertaining way to bash the misinformationist please let me know.

Would it make sence to combine the silliest claims from the key figures in CT scene and make them contradict each other and otherwise look stupid. Although they do it by them selves just fine. It could be a funny film.
karim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 04:46 AM   #2767
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 94,275
Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
Idiot alert

http://www.colbertnation.com/message...pic.php?p=2388

The Colbert Nation message board :P

EDIT: Got a CTer claiming to be an engineer. I need to bail soon, so can someone rip him a new one?
Love this one:

Originally Posted by Chris Sarns
Originally Posted by Gravy
Not only is your CD claim not "obvious," it's completely ludicrous and not substantiated by a shred of evidence.
The video showing the center falling first and then all 4 corners (and the walls between them) falling straight down at the same time IS THE EVADENCE!
That damn EVADANCE! Yep. They're evading allright.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 06:05 AM   #2768
Stellafane
Village Idiot.
 
Stellafane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,706
Originally Posted by Mutton-Head View Post
Just out of curiosity, do any of you work for any US intelligence agency, either part-time or full-time?
I used to, but I haven't had an assignment since I blew up the WTC with thermite. Since then I've been lying low, waiting for my next gig.

Don't tell anyone though.
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 06:10 AM   #2769
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist
 
aggle-rithm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 15,334
Originally Posted by Mutton-Head View Post
I'm not accusing, I'm asking. Working for an intelligence agency is not illegal, or wrong. I'm curious about the tenacity for defending the official 911 report. That's not illegal or conspiricy.
No one is defending the official 911 report. They are defending REALITY, which happens to parallel that report very closely.
__________________
To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 06:23 AM   #2770
PopeTom
Critical Thinker
 
PopeTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
Has anyone ever considered making our own video?

I don't mean a direct rebuttal to LC, I mean our own unique video documentary, in the same style as LC, In Plane Site, et al, but tracking actual events.
I think NOVA beat you too it.

Or do you suppose it'd go over most peoples heads.

Or possibly NOVA are clearly governmet puppets because if they don't tow the officlial line their government funding will get cut even further!!!
__________________
-PopeTom

The "socratic approach" is what you call starting an argument by asking questions.
-The Principia Discordia
PopeTom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 06:39 AM   #2771
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 13,334
Originally Posted by Mutton-Head View Post
OK, does anybody else work for any US intelligence agency, either part-time or full-time?
I hunt renegade Panda Bears for the CIA. I joined for the free hat.

Due to local and state jurisdiction, I am only able to hunt renegade Pandas in the United States protectorates and on Indian Reservations.
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 06:56 AM   #2772
MarkyX
Master Poster
 
MarkyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,157
http://paltalk.com/

There is a 9/11 conspriacy theory discussion. Hope you guys have a mic or good typists.
__________________
MarkyX's Haunted Bloghouse - Read my boredom

Last edited by MarkyX; 24th July 2006 at 06:59 AM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 06:59 AM   #2773
60hzxtl
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 697
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I hunt renegade Panda Bears for the CIA. I joined for the free hat.

Due to local and state jurisdiction, I am only able to hunt renegade Pandas in the United States protectorates and on Indian Reservations.

Pandas! Now there's some good eatin'

I hope you take them to CIA headquarters:

http://www.cia-culinary.com/
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 07:27 AM   #2774
Mutton-Head
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I hunt renegade Panda Bears for the CIA. I joined for the free hat.
So you admit, the only reason you joined, was to free Hat McCullough,
a convicted serial killer of twenty-three babies & toddlers.
Mutton-Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 07:29 AM   #2775
CurtC
Illuminator
 
CurtC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,785
Free Hat! Count me in!
CurtC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 07:33 AM   #2776
Mutton-Head
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post


Sorry, M-H, blazing ignorance and childish abusiveness aren't complementary qualities. I'll be giving your posts a pass.
Well, sorry if I get hot under the collar sometimes.
I'll try to tone it down.

But really, You're one of the few posters who I find to be helpful during debates.
You help me to see details that I missed before.

Thanks again,
Mutton-Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 07:33 AM   #2777
chipmunk stew
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,448
I joined to sleep with the evil chick-bots.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 07:47 AM   #2778
NDBoston
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
http://paltalk.com/

There is a 9/11 conspriacy theory discussion. Hope you guys have a mic or good typists.
Good luck there.I've already been banned from that room.

It's all about the New World Order and the room moderator is convinced that he is getting his computer hacked by governemt operatives.

Basically, it's filled with mentally ill people.
NDBoston is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 08:32 AM   #2779
SRW
Master Poster
 
SRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,903
Originally Posted by NDBoston View Post
Good luck there.I've already been banned from that room.

It's all about the New World Order and the room moderator is convinced that he is getting his computer hacked by governemt operatives.

Basically, it's filled with mentally ill people.
I have also been banned it is really hard to listen to them. very very sad people.
SRW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 09:27 AM   #2780
MarkyX
Master Poster
 
MarkyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,157
Gravy, I know this probably sounds impossible but I was thinking of making another video based on the Loose Change creators talk transcript. Problem is, your document doesn't specify at what time frame or the source.
__________________
MarkyX's Haunted Bloghouse - Read my boredom

Last edited by MarkyX; 24th July 2006 at 09:51 AM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 09:28 AM   #2781
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 94,275
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I hunt renegade Panda Bears for the CIA. I joined for the free hat.

Due to local and state jurisdiction, I am only able to hunt renegade Pandas in the United States protectorates and on Indian Reservations.
I joined because I have a binding contract with the CIA granting me ALL of their souls upon demise.

So far so good.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 09:43 AM   #2782
Johnny Pixels
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,389
Originally Posted by Mutton-Head View Post
Just out of curiosity, do any of you work for any US intelligence agency, either part-time or full-time?
I'm a double-agent (entendre class) for MI6 and the CIA, I've been camped outside Dylan Avery's house for the past two weeks, but I found his bush to be too uncomfortable to sleep in.
Johnny Pixels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 09:50 AM   #2783
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 13,334
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I joined because I have a binding contract with the CIA granting me ALL of their souls upon demise.

So far so good.
Pandas don't have souls!
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 10:43 AM   #2784
sophia8
Master Poster
 
sophia8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,455
Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
Heh... that would be funny...

Incidentally... much has been made of the date...

I understand it was the UN International Peace Day

Any explanations put forward as to why the terrorists chose 9/11? Was it just a random day? (Attacks had to happen on "a" day...)

-Andrew
It was:
Ethiopia's New Year;
the feast day of St. Hyacinth;
the birth anniversaries of DH Lawrence, Herbert Lom Brian de Palma and Franz Beckenbauer;
the 30th anniversary of the death of Nikita Khrushchev;
4 years after the Scots voted for independence;
28 years after a US-supported junta overthrew the democratically-elected govenment of Chile;
79 years after a British mandate was declared in Palestine;
160 years after a regular commuter train started service between London & Brighton;
224 years after American troops led by George Washington were defeated by the British at the Battle of Brandywine Creek, in the American War of Independence;
292 years after the English defeated the French at the battle of Malplaquet.

Take your pick.
__________________
"Nature is floods and famines and earthquakes and viruses and little blue-footed booby babies getting their brains pecked out by their stronger siblings! ....Nature doesn't care about me, or about anybody in particular - nature can be terrifying! Why do they even put words like 'natural' on products like shampoo, like it's automatically a good thing? I mean, sulfuric acid is natural!" -Julia Sweeney
sophia8 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 10:50 AM   #2785
MarkyX
Master Poster
 
MarkyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,157
From the history channel document "The Hamburg Cell", it was a riddle involving a lollipop, a slash, and two sticks.
__________________
MarkyX's Haunted Bloghouse - Read my boredom
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 10:55 AM   #2786
realitybites
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,066
Originally Posted by Mutton-Head View Post
Just out of curiosity, do any of you work for any US intelligence agency, either part-time or full-time?
You just had to keep asking questions, didn't you Mutt?

::Screws on silencer::

Was seriously hoping it wouldn't come to this....
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 12:06 PM   #2787
Mutton-Head
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by Johnny Pixels View Post
...... but I found his bush to be too uncomfortable to sleep in.

Pixel, that's like... a... a triple entendre!

Ouch!
Mutton-Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 12:06 PM   #2788
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 94,275
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Pandas don't have souls!
Not the pandas, Kook. The CIA employees.

Sheesh. I must already have yours.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 12:09 PM   #2789
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 13,334
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Not the pandas, Kook. The CIA employees.

Sheesh. I must already have yours.
I threw mine in the river on a dare when I was 11.
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 12:30 PM   #2790
Mutton-Head
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by realitybites View Post
You just had to keep asking questions, didn't you Mutt?

::Screws on silencer::

Was seriously hoping it wouldn't come to this....
Hey, you have a silencer..

Because I can't buy those here.
Mutton-Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 12:58 PM   #2791
realitybites
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,066
Here's hoping....

New thread over at LC. Think it's rather indicative of their preconceived mindset and how they simply refuse to believe the government wasn't behind 9/11.

Nothing to do with facts/science/etc....

They just don't wanna...

Edit: ... forgot the darn link.
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 01:18 PM   #2792
MarkyX
Master Poster
 
MarkyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,157
A little bird told me this.

Someone is going to make a video debunking my subtitles...

http://letsroll911.org/ipw-web/bulle...ic.php?t=14655

Should I laugh or laugh harder? They claim I cite no sources, yet I said exactly in the beginning of the video to go to www.lolloosechange.co.nr
__________________
MarkyX's Haunted Bloghouse - Read my boredom

Last edited by MarkyX; 24th July 2006 at 01:21 PM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 01:31 PM   #2793
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing
 
Brainster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,358
Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
A little bird told me this.

Someone is going to make a video debunking my subtitles...

http://letsroll911.org/ipw-web/bulle...ic.php?t=14655

Should I laugh or laugh harder? They claim I cite no sources, yet I said exactly in the beginning of the video to go to www.lolloosechange.co.nr
What's next, Screw the Screw the Screw Loose Change Video?

I have a strong suspicion this is going to turn out like that much-hyped debunking of Gravy's Guide to Loose Change.
__________________
My new blog: Recent Reads.
1960s Comic Book Nostalgia
Visit the Screw Loose Change blog.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 02:42 PM   #2794
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen
 
Gravy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 17,077
Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
Gravy, I know this probably sounds impossible but I was thinking of making another video based on the Loose Change creators talk transcript. Problem is, your document doesn't specify at what time frame or the source.
I would have been more thorough if I thought someone might make a video of those quotes from the radio!
__________________
"Please, keep your chops cool and don’t overblow.” –Freddie Hubbard
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 02:47 PM   #2795
MarkyX
Master Poster
 
MarkyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,157
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I would have been more thorough if I thought someone might make a video of those quotes from the radio!
ARRRRRRGG

You could've asked
__________________
MarkyX's Haunted Bloghouse - Read my boredom
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 02:58 PM   #2796
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 94,275
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I threw mine in the river on a dare when I was 11.
So THAT's what it was.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 03:39 PM   #2797
XXX
Thinker
 
XXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 151
You guys catch this yet?

http://www.911blogger.com/2006/07/si...en-inside.html

Sibel Edmonds: 9/11 May Have Been Inside Job

In an interview with Alex Jones, Sibel Edmonds went further than she ever has before:

Alex Jones: I'm asking you-- I mean, clearly, where does the evidence point on 9/11?

Sibel Edmonds: Well, that is the whole point, Alex. They are not letting out all the evidence. And since we don't have it to this date. It is as I was telling you, the [unintelligible] Force has been all classified. They also had 35 pages-- and this is according to Senator Graham-- the most important evidence and information on 9/11 by the Senate and House Joint Inquiry that happened in 2002 classified and 5 years later everything about it is classified. And again, you are still having people who are gagged. So this already points out that they don't want the evidence out. And they are keeping the evidence out of the public--

Alex Jones: But even if they cut evidence out of reports, we have the clear evidence of Thermite in the buildings, we have clear evidence of C.I.A. insider trading, N.O.R.A.D. standing down, U.S. troops already massed in central Asia, Bush having the launch order two days before to attack Afghanistan. I mean, Sibel, when you put all that together-- I'm asking you personally-- where does all the evidence point?

Sibel Edmonds: The evidence points to a massive government cover-up.

And that raises the question of why. Now we can answer that in so many different ways and we can speculate, but as I said, the most important thing is to stay with the facts. Not the facts that the government claims to be the facts, but the facts that are absolutely undisputed.

Alex Jones: Sibel, what I'm asking you is, in your gut, do you think 9/11 to some extent is an inside job?

Sibel Edmonds: Well, again, as I am telling you, I'm trying to tell you is, I have all the evidence of cover-up. Now, who were the people behind this? And why? And how? We don't have a definite answer. As I said, we can come up with theories, we can come up with speculation, but they do not--I mean, in my opinion, they are not facts. But also what government has been giving us, again, I don't consider those a total--you know-- total truth or fact either.

Alex Jones: Would you be surprised?

Sibel Edmonds: No. I wouldn't.

Alex Jones: You wouldn't be surprised if elements or criminal elements or private contractors were involved in 9/11?

Sibel Edmonds: No, I wouldn't be surprised.

Alex Jones: So you wouldn't be surprised like many others, because of the evidence and the cover-up you've seen, if 9/11 was an inside job?

Sibel Edmonds: At this point, I'd have to say no, I wouldn't be surprised.

Alex Jones: Do you think the evidence is leaning towards that?

Sibel Edmonds: Well, again, considering the level of cover-up and the length at which they have gone to gag people and prevent information-- this information from coming out, I would say yes."


nice leading questions there, as you usually see on Alex Jones shows. Everyone has to buy into exactly what he does, and if they don;t he just keeps rephrasing the question until he gets some kind of an agreement.

So now every time you say that the 9/11 investigation should look more at what Sibel Edmonds has to say, it can be turned around into your support that 9/11 was an "inside job".
__________________
"Truth is strong because it is true...Truth is justice because it is true...Don't you think it is very persuasive?""

"The truth has power for the simple reason that it is the truth. Wouldn't you prefer your truth like that?"
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 03:57 PM   #2798
realitybites
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,066
Originally Posted by XXX View Post
Why do I picture Jones on his knees with his hands clasped, asking those questions? He's all but begging for her to even remotely agree with the phrase "inside job".

Now, I don't know much about Sibel, but from what I've heard she's kinda like the pawn both sides would like to have on their side.

What's telling is that Jones, through is unabashedly leading questions, seems to know that their side needs her much, much more.
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 04:11 PM   #2799
dubfan
Critical Thinker
 
dubfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 452
Originally Posted by realitybites View Post
Now, I don't know much about Sibel, but from what I've heard she's kinda like the pawn both sides would like to have on their side.
She's worth knowing about on her own merits. Great article on her in Wikipedia. Hers is a very important story, but not (IMO) for the reasons Alex Jones thinks. She basically blew the whistle on an incredible amount of FBI mismanagement and incompetence, and it sure looks like she also got tangled up in some type of foreign espionage or double-agent situation as well.
__________________
"I'd rather be Locked up with those throat slitting terrorists, then with JREF." -- e-dog@Loose Change

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2006, 04:23 PM   #2800
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen
 
Gravy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 17,077
Originally Posted by XXX View Post
The fact that she did an interview with crackpot Alex Jones makes me wonder just how convincing her evidence of a coverup is.

I love this exchange (bolding mine):
Quote:
Sibel Edmonds: And that raises the question of why. Now we can answer that in so many different ways and we can speculate, but as I said, the most important thing is to stay with the facts. Not the facts that the government claims to be the facts, but the facts that are absolutely undisputed.

Alex Jones: Sibel, what I'm asking you is, in your gut, do you think 9/11 to some extent is an inside job?
__________________
"Please, keep your chops cool and don’t overblow.” –Freddie Hubbard
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.