ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags osama bin laden , suzanne jovin , killtown , 911 conspiracy theory

Old 17th January 2007, 07:06 AM   #1
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Yet another Killtown expose....

It's just so obvious, ya' know?
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:11 AM   #2
uk_dave
Philosopher

OMG Killklown needs to get himself a girlfriend.... and fast!

This kinda thing can't be good for his complexion
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:15 AM   #3
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

I only briefly read that, I'll acknowledge that. But is it just me or did he not provide one source to his "Background Info"?

I didn't exactly look for it but there didn't appear to be any.

To be honest, I think a "government hit" wouldn't involve stabbing someone 17 times. Wouldn't it be kind of like a fake suicide or car accident? Even just a single bullet?

17 times sounds pretty emotional to me.

Creator - "Screw 9/11 Mysteries"
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...24912447824934
The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:16 AM   #4
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

OMFG. Someone pdf and save it, lest we ever need more proof that Killtown is absolutely nuts.

James Keir Hardie (1856 - 1915): Politician, Founder of Scottish Labour Party
Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:19 AM   #5
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
I only briefly read that, I'll acknowledge that. But is it just me or did he not provide one source to his "Background Info"?

I didn't exactly look for it but there didn't appear to be any.

To be honest, I think a "government hit" wouldn't involve stabbing someone 17 times. Wouldn't it be kind of like a fake suicide or car accident? Even just a single bullet?

17 times sounds pretty emotional to me.
Doc, that's way too logical to be even remotely possible. You're forgetting that this is the same government that incorporated explosives and fake planes to make it look like a airliner hit the towers instead of using the ones they had to disappear anyway.

I didn't read it all that closely either. Just found it amusing that for Killtown, even with a single murder, it's possible to connect the NWO to it.

.... This guy finds himself to be very intuitive.
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:24 AM   #6
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Someone please track down Killtown!
Bevore he takes her out of the grave to "investigate". No kidding here.
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:29 AM   #7
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Someone please track down Killtown!
Bevore he takes her out of the grave to "investigate". No kidding here.
C'mon Oliver.... Killtown's not THAT ambitious. We all know his "field" research is limited to whatever GoogleEarth can show him.
Old 17th January 2007, 07:30 AM   #8
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by realitybites View Post
C'mon Oliver.... Killtown's not THAT ambitious. We all know his "field" research is limited to whatever GoogleEarth can show him.
...and stalking.

He┤s getting crazier and crazier with every new Paranoia.
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:40 AM   #9
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

So his proof is the guy is an expert on Osama Bin Ladin. Therefore, she was the first victim of 9/11.

Best quote in the entire thing:
Quote:
Van de Velde was no ordinary college lecturer
How many "ordinary college lecturers" does Yale have, anyway? Yale is sort of filled with the very best of the very best of the most accomplished in their field.
Old 17th January 2007, 07:48 AM   #10
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Anti-sophist View Post
So his proof is the guy is an expert on Osama Bin Ladin. Therefore, she was the first victim of 9/11.

How many "ordinary college lecturers" does Yale have, anyway? Yale is sort of filled with the very best of the very best of the most accomplished in their field.
I get the impression KT isn't necessarily an authority on college lecturers.... Ordinary or otherwise.
Old 17th January 2007, 07:48 AM   #11
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by Architect View Post
OMFG. Someone pdf and save it, lest we ever need more proof that Killtown is absolutely nuts.
Done!

The way KT implies the professor did it is disgusting!
I read the Wikipedia-entry about this case this morning.
KT leaves out all the evidence that shows that the professor didn't do it.

Last edited by Firestone; 17th January 2007 at 07:50 AM. Reason: link added
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:50 AM   #12
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

you might want to post the wiki entry for the case under comments. He might delete it, but meh...
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:58 AM   #13
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

If I were one to use conspiracy type thinking, I might try to join the dots on why KT is so obsessed with this unsolved murder.....(insert LC chin rubbing smilie)..Hmmm...

(insert loads of irrelevant anomalies about dates times and locations. Quote mine a few witness statements. Respond to all counter arguments with a two word post ending with a question mark.
Ultimately declare it must have been him because it"s common sense when you put it in the big picture.)

I'll just point out that our CT friends are actually accusing people of murder using the above "join-the-dots" type arguments.

Why do I keep thinking of that character from "Catcher In The Rye" (Holden Something) whenever I read KT's juvenile blatherings?
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 08:03 AM   #14
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.

That's an excellent point. Van de Velde was most likely hired by Yale BECAUSE he had extensive international experience. Ordinary lecturers don't work at Yale: they work at diploma mills like Chico State, Rowan University, or Harvard.
Old 17th January 2007, 08:33 AM   #15
Spins
Muse

A truly amazing effort...

Its people like Killtown that make the world such an interesting, if slightly insane, place.

Old 17th January 2007, 09:11 AM   #16
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

thats probably the most annoyingly stupid things ever.

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 09:23 AM   #17
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JAStewart View Post
thats probably the most annoyingly stupid things ever.
Coming from the guy that tied the Cory Lidle plane crash back in October to 9/11, can one really expect anything less?

I made coffee the other day. Used a grinder and everything. Given enough time and the latitude and longitude of my apartment for GoogleEarth, I'm sure he could connect that event to my part in 9/11.
Old 17th January 2007, 09:28 AM   #18
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

I'm surprised it took some troofer this long to find this case, it's been around for a long time. It has all the stuff that would make them drool.

Plus there's the bonus of being able to make truthy statements:
"Yale grad student working on thesis on Osama bin Laden was murdered. The only named suspect was a Yale instructor with ties to the US military."

Nothing untrue there, just omitting some of the superfluous details.

Bottom line is that whoever killed her, it was most likely a crime of passion and has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. Somehow I doubt that the bottom line doesn't figure into Killtowns drivel.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 09:35 AM   #19
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

This guy Killtown annoys me a lot. Can someone tell me
what his mental problem is concerning reality and logic?
Old 17th January 2007, 09:37 AM   #20
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

It's quite simple, he doesn't deal in reality or logic.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 09:41 AM   #21
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
It's quite simple, he doesn't deal in reality or logic.
That┤s for sure. But i consider his behavior as
mental deficiency. I can┤t find any other explanation.
Christopher may be confused - but Killtown has some
biological problems.
Old 17th January 2007, 09:49 AM   #22
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
That's an excellent point. Van de Velde was most likely hired by Yale BECAUSE he had extensive international experience. Ordinary lecturers don't work at Yale: they work at diploma mills like Chico State, Rowan University, or Harvard.
You sir, have the boorish manners of a Yale-ling!
Old 17th January 2007, 09:56 AM   #23
mailman
Critical Thinker

Well maybe now he can get back to his debate with that debunker chap.

Mailman
mailman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 09:59 AM   #24
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Done!

The way KT implies the professor did it is disgusting!
I read the Wikipedia-entry about this case this morning.
KT leaves out all the evidence that shows that the professor didn't do it.
for whatever reason. quicksharing.com doesn't work for me. This is the second file link I have tried at quicksharing. I wait the 15 seconds or so as it counts down. Nothing happens. Then I click on the icon "Please wait file loading" Then.....nothing. Is quicksharing one of those sites you have to register to download?
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 10:09 AM   #25
CurtC
Illuminator

My wife will look at a set of data, come up with an idea for how they fit together, and go with that. She is not good at searching out reasons why her identified hypothesis might be wrong. Killtown seems to have this characteristic, but a million times moreso.

Also I need to add that my wife has significant strengths to compensate for this shortcoming - she's an "action" person who gets things done, and is good at reading people and with relationships. I don't know much about Killtown, but he doesn't seem to have these qualities.

He finds a tenuous explanation that could possibly tie any event together with his obsession, looks for any facts which could be used to support it, but can't fathom that it's also his responsibility to find reasons why that link might be wrong. I really think he believes this stuff, and it's a characteristic of some kind of mental disorder.

But I also think he's an asset to our side. Any rational person who comes across the 9/11 CT stuff and then finds Killtown's rants will immediately see the problem with the way they come to conclusions. Sure, the hardcore CT nuts feed off it, but they're lost souls anyway.
Old 17th January 2007, 10:11 AM   #26
CurtC
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
I wrote my masters thesis on international experience!
Old 17th January 2007, 10:12 AM   #27
Barbula
New Blood

Wiki article contains a link to an NRO article of current events interest.

The article seems to believe the Dean of Yale(and the NH Police) at the time weren't particularily conscientious with regards to evidence collecting and due process.

The Yale Dean? Richard Brodhead, current Duke University President.

If I had a CT mindset, I'm sure I could connect some sort of dots.
Barbula is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 10:20 AM   #28
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
I wrote my masters thesis on international experience!
YES!
Old 17th January 2007, 10:21 AM   #29
Spins
Muse

Maybe a mild (or severe) paranoid personality disorder?

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
  1. suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
  2. is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
  3. is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
  4. reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
  5. persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
  6. perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
  7. has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A mnemonic that can be used to remember the criteria for paranoid personality disorder is SUSPECT:
  • S - spouse is cheating suspected
  • U - unforgiving - bears grudges
  • S - suspicious (of others)
  • P - perceives attacks (and reacts quickly)
  • E - enemy in everyone - suspects associates, friends
  • C - confiding in others feared
  • T - threats seen in benign events
Old 17th January 2007, 10:21 AM   #30
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
My wife will look at a set of data, come up with an idea for how they fit together, and go with that. She is not good at searching out reasons why her identified hypothesis might be wrong. Killtown seems to have this characteristic, but a million times moreso.

Also I need to add that my wife has significant strengths to compensate for this shortcoming - she's an "action" person who gets things done, and is good at reading people and with relationships. I don't know much about Killtown, but he doesn't seem to have these qualities.

He finds a tenuous explanation that could possibly tie any event together with his obsession, looks for any facts which could be used to support it, but can't fathom that it's also his responsibility to find reasons why that link might be wrong. I really think he believes this stuff, and it's a characteristic of some kind of mental disorder.

But I also think he's an asset to our side. Any rational person who comes across the 9/11 CT stuff and then finds Killtown's rants will immediately see the problem with the way they come to conclusions. Sure, the hardcore CT nuts feed off it, but they're lost souls anyway.
That┤s my thought, too - he is not able to understand the things
that people explain him. We saw this pretty good while he made
up the "Lidle crash"-CT. He simply doesn┤t add other opinions to
his own to find out what┤s true and what not.

Another thing is his paranoid behavior concerning his identity. This
makes sense after the "plume" commotion - but it seems that he
had this anxious behavior even before this incident. Sometimes
i feel sorry for this guy and i wouldn┤t wonder if Dylan supports
him because compassion.
Old 17th January 2007, 10:36 AM   #31
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spins View Post
Frankly - this reminds me of him. But since my english
it not good enough to read all the subliminal characteristics
in his writings, i have to guess here.
Old 17th January 2007, 11:01 AM   #32
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
I'm not a Yale man. I do, however, live quite close to the campus. I tried to get in, but I lacked the requisite number of dinner jackets. I'm going to try again during Standards Reduction Days.
Old 17th January 2007, 11:11 AM   #33
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

*wrong thread*
Old 17th January 2007, 12:57 PM   #34
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
for whatever reason. quicksharing.com doesn't work for me. This is the second file link I have tried at quicksharing. I wait the 15 seconds or so as it counts down. Nothing happens. Then I click on the icon "Please wait file loading" Then.....nothing. Is quicksharing one of those sites you have to register to download?
No, no need to register. I just tried it again, and it works.

You don't miss anything though, it's just a copy of KT's sick blog-entry.
Old 17th January 2007, 01:19 PM   #35
boloboffin

To be fair to Killtown, he does pretty much regurgitate the Vanity Fair Article. But the Wiki article just blasts it out of the water. There's DNA under Jovin's fingernails that doesn't match any of her acquaintances, included Van de Velde? It looks more and more like a random act of violence. A...

...dare I say it...

...a coincidence!
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 01:32 PM   #36
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
To be fair to Killtown, he does pretty much regurgitate the Vanity Fair Article. But the Wiki article just blasts it out of the water. There's DNA under Jovin's fingernails that doesn't match any of her acquaintances, included Van de Velde? It looks more and more like a random act of violence. A...

...dare I say it...

...a coincidence!
You know blinking well there are no coincidences in KT's world.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 03:17 PM   #37
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

It appears that someone (ahem) has been editting the wikipedia article for this case (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Jovin_case) trying to interject 9/11 conspiracy theories into it.

Notice this edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=75908218

Quote:
Years later, on [[September 11]], [[2001]], an eerie possible motive for Jovin's death surfaced, when the perpetrator of the [[September 11, 2001 attacks]] was determined to be [[Osama bin Laden]], who had been the subject of Jovin's thesis at the time of her murder.
This gibberish was later reverted and cleaned up. Should probably keep an eye on it.
Old 17th January 2007, 03:21 PM   #38
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

It appears that someone (ahem) has been editting the wikipedia article for this case (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Jovin_case) trying to interject 9/11 conspiracy theories into it.

Notice this edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=75908218

This gibberish was later reverted and cleaned up. Should probably keep an eye on it.
FIXED!
Old 17th January 2007, 03:58 PM   #39
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spins View Post

Wow, Spins, that list describes my first wife exactly!!!
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 04:09 PM   #40
CHF
Illuminator

Many Twoofers consider Killtown to be "disinfo."

When your fellow kooks think you're too kooky to be a real kook.....damn.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories